Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Can you exercise in LLR leggings?

I don't own actual LLRs but I do have a pair of knockoffs from Amazon in which the vast majority of the 500+ reviews stated they were the same type of brushed cotton fabric. 

I suppose you could do something non-sweaty like restorative yoga (meditation) or casual walking in them but the fabric lacks the compression and wicking qualities that I, for one, would look for.  

Plus you can't just throw them in the wash like lulu, Lorna Jane, Beyond Yoga or Hard Tail, for example. 

I'm also going to hazard a guess and say that if you DID do a sweaty workout the following would occur: 

1) see through effect - don't really want people looking at my butt crack

2) lack of compression means sliding off your waist

3) permanent sweat stains.

4) hot flashes since brushed cotton doesn't really breathe all that well as far as working out goes

5) increased pilling especially if ones thighs rub together. I have not had a single pair of Lulus pill on me even after 8 years. 

ETA: also Lulu stands behind their products and offer free hemming, and honored returns/recalls.  If there's a defect in a LLR product its on the consultant - I've seen plenty of people complain about holes in the butt of their favorite LLR leggings.

Edited by DakotaJustice
4 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Plus you can't just throw them in the wash like lulu, Lorna Jane, Beyond Yoga or Hard Tail, for example. 

yes you can.  Many people wash and dry theirs like normal (me included) - the tags used to say to air dry but they've changed that now. 

But they're having horrible quality control problems right now so I really wouldn't go near a pair of their leggings with a 10 foot pole. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, gunderda said:

yes you can.  Many people wash and dry theirs like normal (me included) - the tags used to say to air dry but they've changed that now. 

But they're having horrible quality control problems right now so I really wouldn't go near a pair of their leggings with a 10 foot pole. 

Ah. I found instructions but I don't know if they're from the company or some random consultant... The anthromorthism (sp?) drives me a little nuts. 

IMG_1909.JPG

Edited by DakotaJustice
On 1/13/2017 at 2:26 PM, gunderda said:

I wash and dry mine all the time.  I do not hang dry or dry clean anything.  

I agree the newer stuff is crap.  

11 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I wash and dry mine all the time.  I do not hang dry or dry clean anything.  

I agree the newer stuff is crap.  

Lower quality happens when a company grows and they have to produce more product more quickly and in larger quantities. Sabra hummus used to be good before everyone else started liking it (and it was nearly impossible to find)--it actually tasted middle eastern when it first came out. Now, it sucks.

Thanks, mass production/lowest bidder.

• Love 5

I'm not as big of fan of lularoe as I used to be (and I think the "special pattern"  people clamor for are kind so stupid. But I think the price point ($30 including shipping, $25 if you can buy them direct is not that bad. I looked up the lulu leggings and shit those are over $100. I ant bring my public ser ant job ass to pay that kind of money for weekend wear. (Believe me I wish I could afford it but it is a little rich for my blood. 

Im off the lularoe band wagon and I think Meir is just doing well now bc of her "fame", but  I'm sure the styles will get tired and people will move on to the next pyramid scheme. 

• Love 2
On January 13, 2017 at 9:58 AM, DakotaJustice said:

Ya I just don't see the attraction. LLR doesn't offer fleece lined options - it's WINTER even here in California it gets cold.

And like the author says - who really wears these out of the house anyway? Oh I'm sure there ARE people who DO but i couldn't wear them to work nor are they for working out. To me they're clothes for sitting on the couch in front of the TV and eating.

I actually have worn leggings to work with a pair of uggs and a big oversized cashmere sweater --- and I do it a lot...my New Years resolution is to stop. Lol

not lularoe, I love the gaps' and they're around $15, and even less at the outlets!

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Evanscody said:

I just happened to be on Fb when meri did her live sell cast. She is THE most grumpy host I have ever seen. It's torture to watch because she is most obviously tortured. My goodness!

Does Meri do  FB sales weekly? 

1 hour ago, Sista Snarky said:

Does Meri do  FB sales weekly? 

I don't think she has a set schedule. She tells her followers to just stay tuned for random announcements as to when she will sell.  It's so weird. I don't know if that's a Lularoe thing or just her way of operating. Either way that business model seems off.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I actually have worn leggings to work with a pair of uggs and a big oversized cashmere sweater --- and I do it a lot...my New Years resolution is to stop. Lol

not lularoe, I love the gaps' and they're around $15, and even less at the outlets!

That's how I roll too. I am trying to stop because I swear I don't even know how to hold my stomach in anymore!

• Love 2

I wear leggings and long shirts all the time! Either that or jeans. There is nothing wrong with leggings.  They are something that has never gone out of style. Winter, motorcycle boots summer flip flops or cool shoes. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Evanscody said:

I don't think she has a set schedule. She tells her followers to just stay tuned for random announcements as to when she will sell.  It's so weird. I don't know if that's a Lularoe thing or just her way of operating. Either way that business model seems off.

Thanks Evanscody! I'd like to catch that "show" one of these days.

Meri has  been involved in MLM sales for a long time. She should know it's about being happy patient positive etc. with customers & potential new members. 

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, jellywager said:

I'm not as big of fan of lularoe as I used to be (and I think the "special pattern"  people clamor for are kind so stupid. But I think the price point ($30 including shipping, $25 if you can buy them direct is not that bad. I looked up the lulu leggings and shit those are over $100. I ant bring my public ser ant job ass to pay that kind of money for weekend wear. (Believe me I wish I could afford it but it is a little rich for my blood. 

I hear ya but the quality difference between lululemon yoga pants and lularoe leggings is like the difference between filet mignon and ground chuck. 

But then again, lululemon makes their yoga bottoms (not leggings per se) for athletic pursuits and to last for years while lularoe is geared toward more sedentary activities. Totally different market imo. 

10 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I bought a pair of gap leggings for $10 on sale with snowflakes on them, I think they're more like jammy bottoms, but they're great for hanging out at home with the cats. 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Mariah and Meri seemed fine during the Newlywed game episode. Was that filmed before or after Mariah came out to the parents?

Gotta put my Columbo skills to work with a clue from Janelle...

Janelle mentioned that she's only talked by phone  to Garrison a few times in the last 4 months. Garrison was at Maddie's wedding in June.

So this was probably during Thanksgiving  school break...when Mariah was home & filmed with the parents.

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I hear ya but the quality difference between lululemon yoga pants and lularoe leggings is like the difference between filet mignon and ground chuck. 

But then again, lululemon makes their yoga bottoms (not leggings per se) for athletic pursuits and to last for years while lularoe is geared toward more sedentary activities. Totally different market imo. 

I bought a pair of gap leggings for $10 on sale with snowflakes on them, I think they're more like jammy bottoms, but they're great for hanging out at home with the cats. 

I think those are the Jammie's! I have them too! Lol! Gray w snowflakes! But gap has a pretty good athletic line with leggings that hold up pretty well that won't break the bank. I'm planning on checking out the lulu ones. I like your description of filet mignon versus chuck :) SOLD! I'm such a sucker for a good pitch.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

That's how I roll too. I am trying to stop because I swear I don't even know how to hold my stomach in anymore!

Hahaha! Me toooo! Omg! I've been wearing the same schleppy crap to work and have a bursting closet full of gorgeous clothes, but that takes effort. Plus those leggings really encourage you to have dessert. So now I don't fit into half those gorgeous clothes. Leggings are the WORST! Way too comfy. 

10 hours ago, Sista Snarky said:

Mykelti must have hit that head really hard if she's thinking of being a sister wife...

Oops wrong thread. I haven't worn leggings since I was like 18 years old. ?

Don't start wearing them! It's a trap!

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Evanscody said:

So how does this work if you wanted to buy from her (which I certainly do not, just curious) - she doesn't have a set time when she will sell?  How far in advance does she let her prospective buyers know that she will be online?  I get that she holds up an item and people start asking for it, but how does she decide who gets that item if, say, five people are asking about it?  It's such an over-complicated way to buy anything, especially if you don't know when the next sale will be.

This talk of leggings reminds me of a long time ago...my neighbor and I were watching our baby daughters play outside.  The girls were dressed in cute printed leggings, toddling around the yard.  My neighbor turned to me and mused, "when does it stop being cute to wear leggings over huge padded bottoms and chunky thighs?"  I just remember both of us being so sleep-deprived in that moment that we laughed until tears rolled.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 6
On 1/13/2017 at 8:58 AM, DakotaJustice said:

Ya I just don't see the attraction. LLR doesn't offer fleece lined options - it's WINTER even here in California it gets cold.

And like the author says - who really wears these out of the house anyway? Oh I'm sure there ARE people who DO but i couldn't wear them to work nor are they for working out. To me they're clothes for sitting on the couch in front of the TV and eating.

And sleeping.  Let me tell ya, those leggings aren't warm. AT ALL.  Even inside in our Wisconsin winter, I am cold in them.  

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Such a wonderful family. Meri has to wish herself a happy  birthday 

That's really sad.  Doesn't she have 18 children, 3 sister wives and a husband to wish her a happy birthday?

From her IG:

Guys! Come help me celebrate my birthday, LuLaRoe style! LuLaRoe pop up, new inventory, birthday cake, lots of fun! 6-8 pm tonight, Monday Jan 16, at Best Western St Rose Pkwy, Henderson NV. Front desk ladies will direct you where to go. Hope to see you there

Does she rent a room at a Best Western to sell her LuLaRoe?  Yikes.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 1

I came across an article I found interesting on a consultant quitting LuLuRoe. From the article:

I soon realized you have to reinvest a lot of money every month to keep a good inventory of cute clothes. For every cute item you receive, you may get two ugly ones. They don’t sell. They sit in your home, and it no longer looks like hopes and dreams — it looks like an exploded closet of really matronly clothes. So, you’re falling deeper into debt, but the CEO is assuring you that if you stay positive and bless lives, these ugly prints will sell.

They don’t. I’m not the only one with this opinion. Glassdoor now gives a rating to this company of 2.2 (out of five stars), and most of the consultant reviews are pretty damning.

The comments are also interesting, with some LuluRoe consultants coming across almost cult-like, and others bashing them. The Glassdoor link noted above can be found here. 

I had never heard of this company before Meri began selling it, and have never seen anything I would want to purchase. It is interesting to me that the Browns are so involved in these MLM companies. They seem to do poorly with them, and the green goo actually brought a psychopath into their lives, but they keep plugging away at them, trading one for another.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Christina said:

They seem to do poorly with them, and the green goo actually brought a psychopath into their lives, but they keep plugging away at them, trading one for another.

The MO for the grifters is a fast buck with little to no work which is why they continue to do poorly.  You reap what you sow - if they had legitimate jobs at which they spent the same amount of hours as normal working stiffs, they might do OK.  But they want money handed to them with no effort.  That gravy train has an engineer so they just have to sit around and let TLC think up more crappy, stupid segments to film.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Christina said:

I came across an article I found interesting on a consultant quitting LuLuRoe. From the article:

The comments are also interesting, with some LuluRoe consultants coming across almost cult-like, and others bashing them. The Glassdoor link noted above can be found here. 

I had never heard of this company before Meri began selling it, and have never seen anything I would want to purchase. It is interesting to me that the Browns are so involved in these MLM companies. They seem to do poorly with them, and the green goo actually brought a psychopath into their lives, but they keep plugging away at them, trading one for another.

Thank you for posting the article!

I find this topic  more interesting than Sister Wives. 

I also never heard  of the company before all this. I did assume LuLaRoe & Lululemon were the same at first &  often see that brand during sales on Poshmark. I didn't know if was like a buttery legging "lifestyle"

The thing about some of those prints...it's like they had a contest with 3rd graders & the winning picture found the way to being on a pair of leggings.

I wear Cookie Monster pajama pants at times but Cookie Monster looks like the actual Cookie Monster. Sometimes I run to the store wearing them....but people here either don't pay attention or just say things like nom nom nom or me want cookies. ?

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 7

A fire company near me hosts bingo once a month with differing prizes. This month it's LuLaRoe.........it's out there!!!!

Most likely some consultant is clearing out her storage area of unsold items like leggings with elephants kissing where the seams come together at the crotch.

• Love 9

Thank you! 

The net blogger who managed to sell 154 pieces in a month for a net profit of $988 - which was rolled back into more inventory - blew me away. Meri is probably selling more items since she's more high profile. But still that's not a lot of profit for all the work. I don't think Meri has made a penny of real profit as she's most likely rolled it back into inventory. She said she added new styles to her inventory... She must have spent thousands (or charged thousands) just last week alone. 

Check out this blog, especially the comments: 

http://www.showmeashley.com/decided-not-sell-lularoe

Eta - the blog post referenced in the previous link

http://www.kristitrimmer.com/what-a-first-month-selling-lularoe-really-looks-like/

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 2

I went to a fair last weekend and saw a Lularoe booth.  I had to get a look at the stuff in person.  I was not impressed.  Ugly prints and styles.  The legging seemed soft, but I am over 50 and I don't do leggings, so no sale there.  I saw one somewhat cute dress.  The fabric was pretty thin and not great quality.  I almost choked when I saw a price of $65!!!  I can't believe anyone can even sell this stuff with the quality and pricing, let alone someone with Meri's personality.  I guess there are some things in the universe that I will never comprehend!

• Love 2
On 1/13/2017 at 5:08 AM, DakotaJustice said:

I just read this and thought of Meri right away. 

http://www.scarymommy.com/thats-enough-lularoe/

I loved that article!  I feel the same damn way.  I bought 1 dress leave me alone!  I do not want pizza slice or watermelon leggings or really any of the prints I have seen.  I want cheap single color leggings I can get easily.  I don't judge people for wearing loud leggings they just aren't me and I want a CHOICE of print/solid/whathaveyou, not just what comes up at that particular moment.  It needs to go away.  Do not get me started on their lace long vests.  

• Love 1

Those are right up there with the elephant heads meeting in the crotch seam.  I think if I were going to wear leggings I'd aim for black or navy blue not some red flashy things with bugs on them  Those might be OK for a four year old.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

From Meri's fb live sale yesterday. 

Even SHE didn't like them. 

Flies (or blue bees that look like flies) on red flowers that from a distance probably look like raw meat? Nof'kn way dude!!

20E61B7B-1F23-4519-BE0A-E6D908D2D7CB.jpg

Ohhh hell to the no no no!

• Love 2

I can't tell what kind of garment that is.  I don't know why anyone would want to have insects on anything.  The dragon fly craze is long over except at Lularoe and blue striped bees never where and should not be.   Bless their hearts ( read pinheads).  

9 minutes ago, Sista Snarky said:

Ohhh hell to the no no no!

Why do I think there are some very snarky people picking the fabric?  As if the elephant print was a mistake or joke but someone bought them so they are trying to out ugly each other?  This is not the print for any adult.  

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Why do I think there are some very snarky people picking the fabric?  As if the elephant print was a mistake or joke but someone bought them so they are trying to out ugly each other?  This is not the print for any adult.  

Exactly! To be a fly on the wall at LLR HQ when going through those prints. I want to see the prints that don't make the cut. ?

Some of them must have the power of mind control...

Countless people waiting months for the honor of forking over thousands & thousands of dollars...waiting breathlessly to open inventory they cannot choose (figuring out a way to unload some train wrecks) ...& see poor little unicorns with fleas on their asses & leggings with flies. Having to hurdle  the expectation of "keeping sweet" since there is supposed to be NO negativity in the land of LLR.  ?

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 5

I told my daughter there are many people in a factory in China or Vietnam somewhere having contests to create the ugliest, most ridiculous, crazy artwork ever and cracking up at all the obnoxious Americans as they sew their 2500 leggings, huge t-shirts, and ugly dresses from the contest winners. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Sista Snarky said:

Exactly! To be a fly on the wall at LLR HQ when going through those prints. I want to see the prints that don't make the cut. ?

Some of them must have the power of mind control...

Countless people waiting months for the honor of forking over thousands & thousands of dollars...waiting breathlessly to open inventory they cannot choose...& see poor little unicorns with fleas on their asses & leggings with flies. Having to hurdle  the expectation of "keeping sweet" since there is supposed to be NO negativity in the land of LLR.  ?

If their goal is snarky, I WANT that job!  I can pick out ugly stuff too!

• Love 3