Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

LOLOLZ...now she is "thankful" for finding a teal sweater??  Oh, come ON.  Really?  A quick stop to Old Navy or JC Penney would net you a teal sweater, I'd bet.

I have to let this go and stop being surprised at anything any of these people put on social media, because it's all designed to spin something - if they're not spinning their happy relationships, they're advertising their newest scheme.

Her arms seem to have become one with the sweater.  Furthermore, if someone could please tell me why someone who lives in Vegas would be searching for a full-length sweater, I'd love to know.  I love my long sweaters, but I wear them in the winter.  In Michigan.

Shoot me but I am going to defend this in a little voice.  I get it.  I live in sunny Santa Barbara and when it gets below say 65 (if I am honest, 70) I am freezing my ass off.   I also have MS so my thermostat is majorly screwed up.  But I am also a big baby in the cold (it was very hot this summer and my husband would turn the fan on, once it got to 80 in the house he had to turn it off cause I was getting a chill).  

I don't know how y'all do it.  I lived in Illinois over winter when I first got married.  It was HORRIBLE!  And truth be told it was a mild winter for Illinois.  You'd think though that Meri would be used to it having lived in Utah forever.  

• Love 5
11 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I live in AZ (similar to LV).  We wear full-length sweaters.  Like for about 20 minutes every year.  Or when we travel in winter.  Which we never do.  Because everywhere else is cold.

Same here.  Although today in Vegas the wind is blowing and I'm wearing a sweater.  A light cotton sweater.  Of course I don't get what they wear most of the time anyway.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

What the hell is she wearing on her feet?  Looks like they are wrapped in rags.  Honestly, does she even look in a mirror?

Thank you! and is that an extra insole in there? What's the white thing? They look dirty and beat up. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Abra Came said:

Well, I guess that springing for the wet bar finally paid off.  What a spread.

These little snackies must have cost a pretty penny.  Between the trips, the inventory and misc. whatnots, Meri is in to this for a pretty penny.  I hope she is actually selling stuff.

• Love 3

Even if she is selling stuff, I can't imagine she's making a lot of money. Having fallen down a Lula Roe Rabbit Hole thanks to this thread, it seems it is the pyramidiest of all Pyramid schemes, designed to keep consultants constantly buying stuff but with only very limited ways to sell it. You can't (officially) just sell it on any platform you like as a consultant or groups you like in person. It has to be an "official LLR" event and as that review lady said, the whole system seems designed to be needlessly complicated to customers who can order cheaper, less ugly stuff at the click of a button elsewhere.

It's like the Green Goo company and MSWC had a baby in terms of how well I expect Meri will do out of it. It does seem popular in some circles and some people make OK money out if it, but it seems like a faddy company, no matter how much they tell you everything will fit forever, and there seem to be a LOT of consultants.

Custom made Cake POPs might make Meri's craft/party organising loving heart warm but I hope she didn't invite total strangers to her house again after it worked out so terribly last time, and if it was the internet launch, what the hell was the point. I can't see just the Brown friendsbuying enough pieces to be worth the party effort.

• Love 3

I already cleared this up in another thread, but I keep seeing this damn Hawaii fiance rumor everywhere!  When Meri was in Hawaii she and Elissa hung out with this Navy guy on what I think was a tour.  Now Kendra/Jackie/Sam/Lindsay or whoever are trying to spread the rumor that they are an item.  They are not.  This man is married to a handsome gentleman and they seem very happy together.  I hesitated to post this because it really is not fair that he is getting dragged into this but this rumor just seems to not be dying.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Rhondinella said:

As much as I'd like Meri to be happy and get away from Koduche, I definitely hope you're right and it's not with that guy, cause he looks young enough to be her son.

I am right.  This man is not her fiancee.  This man is gay and married.  Meri still considers herself married to Kody.   

• Love 1

Sorry, I am not sure how old he is.  I don't really know anything about him, just that he is a US Navy Soldier in Hawaii and married to a guy he calls Superman lol.  :)  That was all the info I got from his public social media.

Do any of you think that Meri will put the income that she earns from Lularoe into the family pot?  Janelle has said before that she made more money then the others and split it equally, I just can't see Meri doing that.  

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

So does any one have any word on Meri's big sale today?  We promise not to judge you for buying wild patterned leggings or oddly colored duster sweaters!   Please share with the group! 

Yeah I wanna hear too!! 

• Love 2

No info sorry but I can't help but feel if it had been a roaring success, Meri wouldn't be "officially" grateful for planning to do some exercise for the next few weeks, though good for her if she follows through. And Gotta keep up with STRIVE eh Meri?!

• Love 1

Can someone explain how Meri, who has no real job, could afford a trip to Hawaii?  And further, did she just randomly make friends with this guy while on vacation?

I do find it super interesting that the Big Happy Brown Family isn't even bothering to tweet support to one another anymore...besides no support for Lularoe, has anyone tweeted anything about Janelle's Strive scheme?

I'm pretty sure that behind the cameras, this family is fracturing and falling apart.  I am looking forward to "Meri, Janelle and Christine: Moving On," to air hopefully within the next year.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Can someone explain how Meri, who has no real job, could afford a trip to Hawaii?  And further, did she just randomly make friends with this guy while on vacation?

I do find it super interesting that the Big Happy Brown Family isn't even bothering to tweet support to one another anymore...besides no support for Lularoe, has anyone tweeted anything about Janelle's Strive scheme?

I'm pretty sure that behind the cameras, this family is fracturing and falling apart.  I am looking forward to "Meri, Janelle and Christine: Moving On," to air hopefully within the next year.

Based on the date, the Browns were filming the Worst Hawaiian Vacation Ever at that time and if memory serves Meri spent time at the home of one of her best friends from Vegas and tweeted about it. 

I must be the only person who thinks that a show with just the wives after splitting with Kody and Robyn would be super boring.  

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, lettsjetts said:

Yup, she went to Hawaii with the whole family and spent some time with her friend who lives there now.  As far as affording a solo vacation, I have to assume she is paid very well for doing the show.  

I don't think they're compensated all that much, really when you factor in the cost of those 4 houses along with their other bills and the fact that except for Janelle no one works. 

TLC paid for the airfare and the crappy lodging we saw on the show, then Meri stayed at her friend Eluza's house. So I doubt she spent anything other than her personal expenses. 

1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I must be the only person who thinks that a show with just the wives after splitting with Kody and Robyn would be super boring.  

Lord, no. Nothing in the world would compel me to watch, well, essentially dead air. Not a single one of them has any personality whatsoever and I don't think I would be riveted watching them stand in line for their welfare checks.  It's not like any of them are dating material with a boatload of kids and a mountain of debt.  I want them all gone.  For good.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I find it strange Meri hasn't tweeted anything about the family. Even this only mentions Mariah, but the gratefulness Is that the dog was with her...

Why do her carpets always look all mashed down and dirty?

• Love 1

Our upstairs carpet is fine to the naked eye so to speak but in photos it looks streaky dirty. Go figure. I keep thinking it's the lighting or shadows. But I know it is clean (relatively new, no pets and no small children) so maybe just the lighting. 

2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Of course she had to dress Maddie in her MLM apparel, but couldn't they have found one that fit and wasn't too small and tight?

Now Absolom, I know you frequent the Duggar threads. You know the rules. The minute a fundie or plyg girl who appears on TLC starts showing, she is legally required to start wearing skin-tight clothing. It's in their contracts. 

The bump must be on full display at all times to maximize the marketing value of the impending "blessing."  You gotta put that fetus to work!  Inspirational wall plaques and jeans with white stitching don't buy themselves, you know ...

• Love 18
On 11/13/2016 at 1:55 PM, DakotaJustice said:

In 6 months there will be boxes of unsold LLR next to the boxes of unsold LIV in her garage.

I picture her sneaking, ninja style in her Lularoe black leggings and long flowing black sweater, into Robyn's garage late at night where she throws her boxes of unsold LLR and LIV behind the mounds of unsold MySisterWivesCloset boxes.  

• Love 6
On 11/17/2016 at 3:04 PM, DakotaJustice said:

You have to send a request through FB to Meri's LLR Sales Page. I refuse to give her my info but I look forward to seeing what others post. 

I sent a request for the group. She approved it really late at night (even late for Pacifix time). She only has things listed in frequent live sales with the more expensive (and uglier) items. No leggings. Still comes off as monotone deadpan, and entitled, as if she merely holds up a butt ugly expensive shirt, we should be clamoring to buy it.

Lularoe epitomizes Brown Family Values = investing a ton of money into a pyramid scheme, really ugly yet expensive products that Meri thinks give her prestige, having to be 'invited' to by 'exclusive' products, she can do at home without interacting wh anyone who does it worship her, etc.

If it gets her out of wearing those coochie cutter jeans and finds a use for those fifteen bedrooms, then good for her. 

• Love 4

Yeah curiosity finally got the better of me as well, and I sent a request to the group.  Today she did FB Live sales all day from 9 - 7 (I think that's when she ended) an hour on an hour off.  Things that struck me:

1) she really needs someone to help her.  It would have gone a lot smoother.  Hey, where's all those teens and wives?  Certainly they weren't all doing something else.  

2) since Meri has so many twitter followers and I believe 8k or so on her LLR page on FB, I was surprised that so few people actually were watching.  usually in the 64-78 person range.  that would include me btw.  The last one I watched which I think was round 6 pm she had like 102-105 viewers.  one would think that at least out of curiosity there'd be more viewers.

3) by the end, Meri looked a bit impatient and "over it".  Lots of the commenters were asking questions about the family or wanting to chat.  She's trying to sell.

4) Who has an all-day sale and not have any of their signature item, the leggings?  she only had one pair and it got snapped up seconds after she posted the number.  The tops she was selling were to me what like you'd see at Lane Bryant.  If I was going to do that crap and having a black friday sale, I'd have as many leggings in stock that i could muster up.

• Love 3

See, this is where their grand assumptions bite them in the behinds. Since they keep doing it, they clearly don't get it - or don't want to get it. If they "build" it, "we" might come. But it's going to be for curiosity, the train wreck, etc. No real work from them, like real entrepreneurs or people who might actually make a few $$ selling goo or leggings. Open your FB Live feed and expect things to fly out the door 'cause it's you? Pul-Leeze. That may be part of a bigger sales strategy, but you know she thinks she can take the easy road because she's a star and not do any real work needed to make so,thing like this even minimally successeful. 

She can live the "I don't have to do real work - I have fans" fantasy until the TLC money runs out. In the end, she's still a semi-skilled older woman with a spotty work history who's even further from some credential that might have her in less of a hole than she will be with this silliness.

In the end, they're where they are when they started: a bunch of lazy, unskilled, grifting adults who cannot fulfill the obligations they created.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
Autocorrect
  • Love 15

I know LLR sellers don't get 100% control over choosing each item. No surprise to me that Meri seemed to gravitate toward the really pricey items and the ones slightly off trend. 

People want leggings. She hasn't had a single pair when I've tried to muster through her deadpan sales. Typical Meri to focus on the higher priced items and expect people to be as loose with their money as she is, and pay $75 for a 90s print, off brand t-shirt dress.

People want albums to scroll through and not back to back live shows of really boring sales people. I know she loves to exclude the other wives and has to 'one up' them to be top dog of the shit pile, but she needs Christine or somebody peppy to help her sell.

she clearly states her seller page any she's there to sell clothes, not talk to fans about her family. If that's the case, she needs to do the work and post albums, not have live sales. You can't have the fame/notoriety and then never address what made you famous. 

• Love 3

I found it highly amusing that there is a thread on Reddit about a man who no longer finds his wife attractive since she got into selling LLR and refuses to wear anything else. Says she's really let herself go. I think it was mentioned it's a Mormon-run business which explains the "modest" style. (?)

• Love 3