Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

Okay, come on!  Day 8 and she's thankful for some guy who makes gluten-free donut holes??  I don't think that's what the intention was for the 30 Days of Gratitude, much as it bugs me.  And I'm not sure what thankfulness has to do with free advertising, but whatever.

Although this could be intentional on her part.  She's thankful for a lot of things that have zilch to do with her family.  Maybe she really is starting to see her husband for the caveman that he is, and how she's been duped to play the role of eternal jealous wife, whilst Kody dallies hither and yon from bed to bed, hair carelessly flapping in the breeze.  If this is the case, I kind of like it.

That said, Meri is definitely looking thinner and oranger than ever.

• Love 5

Meri is obviously working on her body and her spiritual side as well.  I'm glad for her.  And quite frankly, surprised.  I had kind of given up on her.  She was just wallowing and lying to herself and everybody and she seemed really hopeless there for a while.

She is doing so well, I hope she treats herself to getting that damn tooth fixed.  She deserves to not have her smile diminished by it any longer.  And while we are working on your smile, buy some lipstick with some damn color in it, Meri!  Your skin should not be darker than your lips! 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Am I the only one that thinks this guy looks like he was created from a description of Sam?  I wonder if he's a multi-millionaire with adopted twins.

The wording made me think of him right away. Wasn't his tagline "being vegan never tasted so good"?

7 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

And considering the amount of weight the camera adds, she has lost significant weight.

Eat your heart out, Janelle!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Eat your heart out, Janelle!

I got banned from Janelle's twitter account a few months ago...Has she even posted pictures of her slimming down yet? I would imagine her posting tons of "I lots weight and feel great" pictures because of strive. Would seem pointless to go into health and wellness but refuse to follow one's own (stolen from other sources) advice.

• Love 1
On 10/29/2016 at 11:05 AM, Kohola3 said:

Good lord, that's just hideous!  And is that supposed to be a "come hither" look?

I thought it was more like "Meri has issues and does best in a supervised environment. See more sisterwife rescues on the following page....'  That whole too many layers of flowy crap is only good on skinny 18 year olds. Anyone else it devolves into bag lady, cat lady, asylum lady. The stuff is weird period but it seems to especially not be her.  Maybe something more mature, like the sexy masculine look, a la Marlene Dietrich or maybe even sporty Ralph Lauren horse riding stuff. All that busy stuff just isn't flattering.  She defintely looks thinner and happier so why dress dumpy when she likely could come up her own 'mature sexy' look- in which case, less really is more. By the time you wear mature sexy clothes, it is you that defines the look, and 'owns' the look, rather than the  younger 'whee look at me! I have the shortest loudest dress in the room !'  These are just some examples,  there are more dressy or different styles that illustrate what I'm talking about. The point being, not so frilly, flowy, fussy, busy, silly, etc.  Of course people are free to wear whatever they want, but you do run the risk of looking like the list at the beginning of this paragraph or wacky preschool teacher, Cyndi lauper's mom, hide-your-pregnancy.com.... I don't know, maybe we will see her picking some simpler, classic designs. 

a947d605744fc27fc75141e8876f98c5.jpg

48f8a53abf977cce7153d041a450d5cd.jpg

009f4a4cbb127cf3ec99d407d09cbfb3.jpg

SafariJacket_SafariStyle.jpg

meri.jpg

f39bffa1a746f837d87dedd68c0af926.jpg

• Love 2

She got her hair color fixed.  I'm impressed.

Meri would only go for the skin tight pants of the photos above.  Actually I have to say I'm older than Meri and there isn't a one of those styles that I would wear.  At least Meri has eyebrows.  A disease has made most of mine fall out.

I don't sell Lularoe but it's addictively comfortable you guys lol 

But it is getting really saturated however the brains behind the operations are freaking geniuses to not allow the consultant to pick patterns/colors because the addictive nature is that you never know what your consultant will get and if you see something you like you really have to buy it NOW otherwise you risk never finding it again, or marked up on ebay by a lot. So people end up joining a million Lularoe groups on facebook so they don't miss out on anything 'good'.

I know a couple people who are tired of it and want to get out of it and they have a ton of inventory to unload.  There are also quite a few who are fairly successful but it seems like a lot of freaking work.

Pop-ups are generally not in person, they are online.  Either on facebook putting each category of clothing into 'albums' and you comment on what you want to buy, or there are a couple lularoe specific websites where consultants can open up a 'pop-up' for a certain number of hours.  Generally they are just 12-24 hours.  They get their shipment, they photograph each piece, then load it either up to facebook or the lularoe selling website. Most consultants have 1000's of pieces so once it's sold they have to find that piece, package it, along with any other items a person has 'claimed', then they must invoice the person.  Invoicing is not automatic, it is manually done by each consultant at the end of their pop-up sale.  And then shipping. I honestly don't know how some do it because each one seems to have their own weekly pop-ups, plus there are multi-consultant sales and some consultants are in multiples of those. Why Merri is driving all these hours to do in-person pop-ups is beyond me.  Unless she thinks she will get a better audience for people who just want to come and meet her.

To be successful these consultants really need to order new stuff every week.  They have to order a minimum of 33 pieces each time they order.  They can request a certain size of item and that's about it.  They claim they have the freedom of being their own boss and bla bla blaaaaa but really i think a lot of them are dying inside because of the mess they got themselves into lol

• Love 5
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

I don't sell Lularoe but it's addictively comfortable you guys lol 

But it is getting really saturated however the brains behind the operations are freaking geniuses to not allow the consultant to pick patterns/colors because the addictive nature is that you never know what your consultant will get and if you see something you like you really have to buy it NOW otherwise you risk never finding it again, or marked up on ebay by a lot. So people end up joining a million Lularoe groups on facebook so they don't miss out on anything 'good'.

I know a couple people who are tired of it and want to get out of it and they have a ton of inventory to unload.  There are also quite a few who are fairly successful but it seems like a lot of freaking work.

Pop-ups are generally not in person, they are online.  Either on facebook putting each category of clothing into 'albums' and you comment on what you want to buy, or there are a couple lularoe specific websites where consultants can open up a 'pop-up' for a certain number of hours.  Generally they are just 12-24 hours.  They get their shipment, they photograph each piece, then load it either up to facebook or the lularoe selling website. Most consultants have 1000's of pieces so once it's sold they have to find that piece, package it, along with any other items a person has 'claimed', then they must invoice the person.  Invoicing is not automatic, it is manually done by each consultant at the end of their pop-up sale.  And then shipping. I honestly don't know how some do it because each one seems to have their own weekly pop-ups, plus there are multi-consultant sales and some consultants are in multiples of those. Why Merri is driving all these hours to do in-person pop-ups is beyond me.  Unless she thinks she will get a better audience for people who just want to come and meet her.

To be successful these consultants really need to order new stuff every week.  They have to order a minimum of 33 pieces each time they order.  They can request a certain size of item and that's about it.  They claim they have the freedom of being their own boss and bla bla blaaaaa but really i think a lot of them are dying inside because of the mess they got themselves into lol

Thanks! 

Holy shit - that's a shit ton of work. Even without the driving. 

Poshmark is way easier- just take photos, write up a description and upload, voila. I bet LLR charges for the use of their payment system. And they don't even auto invoice? Wow. If I was going to sell this stuff, I'd just use Poshmark - I'm sure they have rules against that though. Although legally, once you buy the stuff you should be able to do whatever you want with it. 

• Love 1
On 11/8/2016 at 7:39 AM, ginger90 said:

I really hope Meri has some common sense.

OMG, Meri actually looks good - her clothes aren't skin tight; they look like they fit and she's comfortable in them.  I guess there's a first time for anything!  

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 8:21 AM, laurakaye said:

On the plus side, Meri does look thinner.  If this means she is happy and working on leaving Kody, then I say good for her.

"See what you are missing, Kody."  I think Meri is trying to compete with Kody's young, thin wife. She seems to have lost quite a bit of weight. Good for her.  She looks great. 

19 hours ago, Adeejay said:

"See what you are missing, Kody."  I think Meri is trying to compete with Kody's young, thin wife. She seems to have lost quite a bit of weight. Good for her.  She looks great. 

I kind of doubt at this point her weight loss has anything to do with #4 and hoping it's true about the guy from Hawaii. I thought she was making (or had made) enough tv money to not have to do this?  Hope she still doesn't have to cough up cash to put into the pot from this endeavor, bad enough she likely still did even after the whole adoption/divorce/catfish/cold-shoulder-cody

Edited by BlackWidow

The guy from Hawaii story is false.  Meri and her friend Elisa had taken some pictures with a Navy dude when on vacation in Hawaii and posted them on twitter.  They had a few back and forth tweets and I guess some online tabloid ran with the story.  If you actually go on his twitter and click through to instagram you see that Navy Dude is very much in love with his HUSBAND!  I am always shocked at how ridiculous the gossip that comes up is.  Another example of this would be the Mindy as 5th wife story, absolutely untrue. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, lma said:

Meri doesn't need to try any of those outfits listed above. Uh uh, no way, no how.

She absolutely should share her LLR money, with Janelle if not anyone else. After all, while she ditched her "jobs" back in the day and flitted off with Kody, it was Janelle who helped contribute to the family pot.

Who knows if there will be profits? All that driving around, the equipment needed such as racks, hangers, bags and so on, plus she'll be encouraged to roll whatever she makes back into new inventory immediately. That's how they suck you in. 

In 6 months there will be boxes of unsold LLR next to the boxes of unsold LIV in her garage.

• Love 5

As usual, I have to wonder if there is some sabotage here between Meri and Janelle...

Meri finds out that Janelle is going to launch "Strive," a weight-loss motivational site, as her latest get-rich-quick marketing scheme business venture.  Meri knows that Janelle is very sensitive about her weight, so Meri uses that as motivation to drop some weight first, faster, and better.  Kind of a "LOL, Janelle - while you're putting together a website full of information anyone can get on Pinterest, I'm going to kick it into high gear and lose weight while you sit at home, munching peanut butter Fritos and trying to choose the right fonts."

I mean, good for Meri.  She looks good.  The timing is interesting to me, and I am convinced these women don't do anything without trying to subtly undermine as many of the other wives as they can. 

EDIT: Lularoe sounds like a nightmare to run.  Good luck, Meri.  You can always turn to Robyn to discuss the impacts of a failed business.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

As usual, I have to wonder if there is some sabotage here between Meri and Janelle...

Meri finds out that Janelle is going to launch "Strive," a weight-loss motivational site, as her latest get-rich-quick marketing scheme business venture.  Meri knows that Janelle is very sensitive about her weight, so Meri uses that as motivation to drop some weight first, faster, and better.  Kind of a "LOL, Janelle - while you're putting together a website full of information anyone can get on Pinterest, I'm going to kick it into high gear and lose weight while you sit at home, munching peanut butter Fritos and trying to choose the right fonts."

I mean, good for Meri.  She looks good.  The timing is interesting to me, and I am convinced these women don't do anything without trying to subtly undermine as many of the other wives as they can. 

EDIT: Lularoe sounds like a nightmare to run.  Good luck, Meri.  You can always turn to Robyn to discuss the impacts of a failed business.

I think the sole reason for Strive's existence is as a possible plot line for the show. They even put "as seen on TLC" on the bottom of the Strive page. 

The same reason for the existence of MSWC. Plot line. Once it became no longer viable to the show, they dropped it like a kid dropping an unwanted toy. 

Now Meri doing LLR - no way that will ever be mentioned on the show, just like LIV wasn't mentioned, unless of course LLR the company wants to pay TLC (who even blurs out the  logo on the family's laptops) for promo time. Which they won't. 

I think Meri is trying to find new revenue streams without actually getting a job or having to do any real work, I read somewhere that her sister was already an LLR consultant and the Browns already have a long history of being susceptible to Get Rich Quick pyramid schemes, so Meri was probably an easy sell. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think Meri is trying to find new revenue streams without actually getting a job or having to do any real work, I read somewhere that her sister was already an LLR consultant and the Browns already have a long history of being susceptible to Get Rich Quick pyramid schemes, so Meri was probably an easy sell. 

But whyyyyyyy??  WHY is Meri allergic to real work?!  This is what I cannot understand.  Polygamist, monogamist, any-ist...if you are still young, healthy, have an empty nest and are all alone in a big ol' lonely mansion - and, in Meri's case, only having the "hubby" drop by every 4th night - what is her deal with not wanting to earn a normal paycheck?  Does she actually think her "celebrity" status means she can't go out and earn some real money?  Does she think that as a plyg, she won't get hired?  Isn't that why they moved to Vegas, so no one would care about that?  Does she think she needs to stick around home base and keep an eye on her Caveman?  Guess not, because she's traveling all over with Lularoe.  Doesn't she feel a need to contribute to all those precious bonus children she claims to love?

These people used to have real jobs.  Why have they all decided that promoting random schemes is the only way to get a paycheck?

Don't worry if none of these questions can be answered.  I ask the same kind of ridiculous questions on the Kardashian thread.  I should know better.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Does she actually think her "celebrity" status means she can't go out and earn some real money?

Yes, I firmly believe they all consider themselves A level celebs who should be worshiped and handed paychecks for just being role models of the oppressed and persecuted.  I don't think they it has sunk in that they are just bottom feeders in the "reality" TV ocean and once they are cancelled (my lips to God's ear) they will be forgotten in a nanosecond.

Isn't it time for those houses to start being foreclosed?  I thought those funny money loans were due to be refinanced into the real deal.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Fosca said:

I suspect she sold a few items to friends/leghumpers, got all excited at her success and ordered more.  I also suspect that that market is now saturated and sales will plummet.

Her upline is probably pushing her to order as much as possible while she still has the koolaid drinking high and working her warm market. 

I bet it also drives Robyn nuts that she's really peddling those rags so hard. Meri was a very reluctant participant in mysisterwivescloset, and even told Robyn flat out she can't really be counted on for help because she was going back to school. (What a joke that turned out to be-aside from a notebook with some scribbles of 'Mrs. Meri Batman', not much schoolin was going on.)

Passive Agression at it's plyg finest. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 6

Did Meri ever even tweet a thing about Robyn's store? Did she ever wear any of sisterwivescloset merch on tv? What a horrible, unsupportive sister wife, which actually, can be said about ALL of them. 

I believe none of them went out of the way to promote that stupid website because it was Robyn's brainchild.  Maybe Christene blipped something on Twitter once because then her mom was trying to sell those awful, shapeless totes. 

Edited by VedaPierce
23 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I think I am really horrible at comparing pictures. When Meri is all dressed up in LulaRoe, she looks as if she is slim/lost a lot of weight. However, in the pic above, it doesn't appear to me that she has lost a lot of weight. It could be that LulaRoe is loose fitting so it hides her body better than the tight fitting jeans, the poses she does, and the lighting, etc. Or maybe the above is an old picture? I don't know...someone help me out here, lol.

• Love 3

I think the LulaRoe clothes layers do a better job at camouflaging bigger body types, which may be its best selling point. Meri doesn't look like she's really lost any weight. But she does look happier. She's in her element- grifting away without Kodouche hanging around or the other wives grinding on her. So, well done Meri, I guess?

• Love 3

May I just say  . . . I literally give next to no craps at all about what I wear.  I used to, when I was younger, skinnier, had more money and was much, much less tired.  Back when I still gave a crap about anything other than sleeping, eating, and snark, basically.  I have like three pairs of pants (all black) that I rotate through all week for work, and a handful of blouses that I throw on with them and, voila, I'm dressed.  What I look like in them is irrelevant.  Essentially if all the appropriate bits are covered and I'm not cold, I'm good.  When I'm hanging at home it's sweat pants or shorts (depending on the time of year) and a T-shirt (usually one with holes in it). 

I say all this to say . . . . I wouldn't wear that Lularoe crap if you gave it to me for free.  Hell, I'd have to think twice about wearing it if you paid me to.  I'm definitely not fashion expert, but that is hands-down the worst fashion I've ever seen--and I buy clothing at Walmart, Target and my local thrift store on the regular.

Like, I feel like it's going to haunt my nightmares.

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 20
On 11/14/2016 at 1:28 PM, laurakaye said:

But whyyyyyyy??  WHY is Meri allergic to real work?!  This is what I cannot understand.  Polygamist, monogamist, any-ist...if you are still young, healthy, have an empty nest and are all alone in a big ol' lonely mansion - and, in Meri's case, only having the "hubby" drop by every 4th night - what is her deal with not wanting to earn a normal paycheck?  Does she actually think her "celebrity" status means she can't go out and earn some real money?  Does she think that as a plyg, she won't get hired?  Isn't that why they moved to Vegas, so no one would care about that?  Does she think she needs to stick around home base and keep an eye on her Caveman?  Guess not, because she's traveling all over with Lularoe.  Doesn't she feel a need to contribute to all those precious bonus children she claims to love?

These people used to have real jobs.  Why have they all decided that promoting random schemes is the only way to get a paycheck?

Don't worry if none of these questions can be answered.  I ask the same kind of ridiculous questions on the Kardashian thread.  I should know better.

Seems to me, they are all super entitled. They feel that they should have everything they want, keep up with the Joneses, without ever taking a long look at how hard most people work for what they have. I don't think they have EVER lived within their means, so they are always looking for a get-rich-quick scheme.   

They have no work ethic, no self-awareness, no humility. Just greed and jealousy. Meri especially has no real skills and doesn't seem particularly bright to me, so she is exactly who these MLM companies are looking for. They convince these women that they will have their own "business" and be their own "boss" and make a lot of money. Nope -- you're just shilling their crap. You are handing THEM your money and then working triple time to try to make it back. Stupid stupid Meri. I would feel bad for her....but I just can't.

• Love 7

Well, thanks to you all, I had to check out all this LLR crap. I even joined Meri's group, along with a few others, to get an idea of what this stuff is. (I like to know things...) Good heavens. It's not just that it's ugly-some of it, anyway-but the ordering of it is crazy. First of all, you don't seem to be able to order it unless someone is having a "party". Unlike Mary Kay or Tupperware or whatever there isn't a magazine that you can flip through and order from. The sellers themselves don't even know what they are getting from one order to the next. In addition, the ordering environment is way odd. You basically have to be there, in online form, when the party is going on. In one online "party" (scheduled for the same time as The Walking Dead) the host did a Facebook live chat. She held up each piece of clothing, gave it a number, and you then had to comment on under the video and include the number so that it could be marked "sold." Does that sound complicated? So basically, unless you were watching it live, you didn't get a chance at things. Other "parties" consist of the sellers posting pictures of the items. You write "sold" under the pictures and then they invoice you. 

One of the reasons I like online shopping is because I can do it on my time and in some kind of anonymity. Lula Roe kind of forces you to be a little social. If I wanted to be social I would go out and fight my way through the crowds at Kohl's.

Another weird thing about these things are the sizings. At one of the "parties" I had the following exchange:

Me: I am 4'10" and weigh 98 pounds. Will the regular leggings fit me or might a tween size fit me?

Seller (in a live video response): Well, I only have one other customer that buys tweens and she's a lot shorter than you. She is 4'11."

Not only did that not really answer my question, but unless Common Core Math has REALLY screwed up things, that customer is an inch taller than me...

Meri hasn't had an online sale since I joined her group so I can't tell you how things are going. 

• Love 7

I don't know if she did it yet, but Meri  posted she was going to sell on Snapchat.

I wear scrubs for work that are more stylish, imo of course, than what she's selling.

Someone above mentioned how much she is spending and wondered how much she is selling. It made me think of a gambler who says how much they "won" but they don't say how much they put out to win it.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I don't know if she did it yet, but Meri  posted she was going to sell on Snapchat.

I wear scrubs for work that are more stylish, imo of course, than what she's selling.

Someone above mentioned how much she is spending and wondered how much she is selling. It made me think of a gambler who says how much they "won" but they don't say how much they put out to win it.

I don't understand this piece of clothing. What is it (besides Meri's unicorn)? What happened to her arms? 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Another weird thing about these things are the sizings. At one of the "parties" I had the following exchange:

Me: I am 4'10" and weigh 98 pounds. Will the regular leggings fit me or might a tween size fit me?

Seller (in a live video response): Well, I only have one other customer that buys tweens and she's a lot shorter than you. She is 4'11."

Not only did that not really answer my question, but unless Common Core Math has REALLY screwed up things, that customer is an inch taller than me...

Meri hasn't had an online sale since I joined her group so I can't tell you how things are going. 

My morning has just been made. I literally laughed out loud!! 

I think her sale is tomorrow.

the most social I get with clothes buying is Poshmark. Ask some questions about the item, then either make an offer or just click "buy" and all the billing and shipping stuff is automatically done in the app. No waiting for an invoice. 

There are actually a lot of LLR folks there peddling their wares even though presumably it's "not allowed" by the rules. Um, if I bought the clothes I should be able to sell them any damn way I feel like, is my thought. 

• Love 2

Meanwhile on Amazon there's at least one vendor selling patterned leggings of all colors and patterns that I would be willing to bet came from the same factories as LLR (look for Viv Collection). Most of the reviews compare them favorably with LLR.

The big difference appears to be price - $11 each and free shipping if you have Prime.  That's actually $3 cheaper than the "wholesale" price the consultants pay LLR from what I've read. Hmmmph.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I don't understand this piece of clothing. What is it (besides Meri's unicorn)? What happened to her arms? 

LOLOLZ...now she is "thankful" for finding a teal sweater??  Oh, come ON.  Really?  A quick stop to Old Navy or JC Penney would net you a teal sweater, I'd bet.

I have to let this go and stop being surprised at anything any of these people put on social media, because it's all designed to spin something - if they're not spinning their happy relationships, they're advertising their newest scheme.

Her arms seem to have become one with the sweater.  Furthermore, if someone could please tell me why someone who lives in Vegas would be searching for a full-length sweater, I'd love to know.  I love my long sweaters, but I wear them in the winter.  In Michigan.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

That stupid tcha-tchka scarecrow behind her looks like it's introducing her. Like 'TA-DAAAAA!' Lol lol. 

How apropos. 

• Love 9

And btw Meri, lose the filter on your photos. It makes everything look grubby. The rug, the floor, the walls, etc. Plus, it changes the color of those ugly rags and makes them look uglier and more drab, not to mention, it's not the actual color of the crap so it's not an accurate description....

• Love 4
1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

And btw Meri, lose the filter on your photos. It makes everything look grubby. The rug, the floor, the walls, etc. Plus, it changes the color of those ugly rags and makes them look uglier and more drab, not to mention, it's not the actual color of the crap so it's not an accurate description....

I suspect the floor and rug IS grubby. 

• Love 5