Type keyword(s) to search

Veterinary And Animal Rescue Shows

zxy556575
  • Start Topic

Giant giraffes and tiny toads!  It really doesn't get any better than that.  I liked the toads sticking to stuff. 

That was cool how the toad keeper was excited about going to Tanzania.  I would have been too!  It was so beautiful. 

I love how the staff are so committed to their charges and excited about what they're doing.  I had no idea that groups were concerned about birds flying into windows, that was nice to see them working on it.

Hope this comes back, fun run of episodes.

• Love 5

It was heartwarming to see the rescued animals on Bandit Patrol surviving and thriving.  I was impressed with the return of the fledgling hawk (and the 2 escaping siblings) to the  nest - that young man has nerves of steel, and a really magical touch with wild birds.  I am so glad that blind possum is on the road to recovery; I'm sure the rehabber will give her a decent life.  Seeing the juvenile bobcat released to a safe territory was also cool - I do not understand hunting bobcats.

Poor Dr. T was so heartbroken over losing that bunny.  It was sweet seeing how Dr. K tried to console her, and brought tears to my eyes (that ran down my face, I'll admit).

• Love 3

Another nice rescue story on Bandit Patrol was Fancy, the baby skunk with the paralyzed back legs.  It was so cool watching the rehabber create a teensie little "wheelchair" with parts from her kid's toys.  I love that Fancy will be an educational animal and will visit disabled kids.

Recently I was browsing YouTube and came across a video from a channel called Wildlife Aid. It’s an animal rescue foundation in the U.K., and according to its home page, was the basis for a TV show called Wildlife SOS which ran for several seasons on Animal Planet. 

https://www.wildlifeaid.org.uk/wildlife-sos/

I had never heard of it before, but after watching more of the channel, I’ve become completely hooked. It's like a cross between Dr. Jeff and Northwoods Law, with about the same balance of happy stories vs. sad ones. 

In many of the clips, an older man named Simon Cowell (no relation to the more famous Simon Cowell as far as I know) responds to reports of trapped or injured animals, and rescues them. There are a lot of foxes and hedgehogs and various types of birds, and some are brought to the animal hospital for rehab before being released back to the areas from which they came. 

Simon has become my newest hero, and I’m also very fond of his nurse, Lucy. These two (along with the rest of the staff), are absolutely devoted to the welfare of the animals. They even saved a little mouse from a glue trap. In some cases, an animal has to be euthanized, but only when there is no chance of recovery. And we can see how difficult this decision is for the caretakers, just like when the snow leopard had to be put down on The Zoo.

Here is a link to the channel:  https://www.youtube.com/user/TheWildlifeAidTV

YouTube is technically not TV, but since these clips are connected to a TV show, I hope it’s appropriate to discuss them here. At the very least, I’d like to share a few of my favorite clips (or at least a link to them) so that others can enjoy this channel if they aren’t already aware of it.

In the first clip below, Lucy the nurse talks about a mother duck’s reunion with her babies, plus three extra orphans. And then we have Lucy trying to figure out an onion chopper while shredding spinach for a hungry cygnet. The last two clips show orthopedic vets working on an owl and a fox, respectively, which reminds me of the professionalism of Dr Jeff. That’s why I enjoy these so much. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm_YE-VoTaE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2dhOk44Y4w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdIvelhz64Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QesI5SFC3uY

• Love 3

I've been watching Yorkshire Vet on Acorn; it follows a mixed animal practice in the town were James Herriott used to live (one of the featured vets trained under him). It's gentle and mild but interesting to see the differences in practice between England and the U.S. I thought Dr. Pol and his team don't use gloves much, but these guys muck in with the cows up to their shoulders with bare arms. 

Many of the stories are familiar from the books -- being called out at all hours, lambing season, the dwindling of small family dairy herds, spending most of the alloted visit time trying to catch an animal who's in the paddock, and various village eccentrics and their pets.

• Love 1

PBS is running an excellent series called Rare - Creatures of the Photo Ark (next episode airs Tuesday on my local station).  It follows National Geographic photographer Joel Sartore on his quest to photograph rare and endangered species.  I am really enjoying it, and the pictures are amazing.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

PBS is running an excellent series called Rare - Creatures of the Photo Ark (next episode airs Tuesday on my local station).  It follows National Geographic photographer Joel Sartore on his quest to photograph rare and endangered species.  I am really enjoying it, and the pictures are amazing.

Thanks for posting. I'll look for it Tuesday.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

You may want to "check your local listings" or the PBS website, as I believe this runs on different days/times in various areas.

ETA - the first episode is available online : http://www.pbs.org/video/3002846558/

I did. For me it's on Tuesdays 9 p.m. ET. Tomorrow morning (Sunday) 9 a.m. they are going to rerun the first episode.

• Love 1
(edited)

One of my local stations recently started airing a lovely little show called Animal Rescue on Saturday mornings.  It highlights all kinds of rescues; from emergencies to rescue organizations to individuals, and includes domestic and wildlife rescue.  This morning they featured a Los Angeles organization called HOPE Veterinary Center, which treats the pets of the homeless for free, and is fully staffed by volunteers.  It was pretty darned awesome.

The show has a website (including station finder) : http://animalrescuetv.com/

ETA - that station finder hasn't been updated since 2015, so I'm probably just watching reruns.  

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 1
On 8/4/2017 at 8:20 AM, rcc said:

http://www.pbs.org/video/episode-1-kiygpu/

The 3rd episode of Rare had an amazing segment on the New Zealand kiwi's habitat. 

Yes!  I am really enjoying this series, and so appreciate the awesome photography.

DVR alert : next Saturday, 8/12/17, Animal Planet is airing a new series "Rescue Dog to Super Dog".  Dog trainers take shelter dogs and train them to be service/support animals for people with disabilities, etc. It sounds like a really good premise, so I'm hoping the show is as good as the hype.

On 8/8/2017 at 2:50 PM, RealityCheck said:

I saw a promo for Animal ER airing a new episode on Nat Geo Wild Saturday August 19, 2017 at 10PM.

Thanks, @RealityCheck.  My DVR is already set to record new episodes, but it looks like there's a mini-marathon of reruns that morning, too.

Really enjoyed "Rescue Dog to Super Dog".  I appreciated the fact that it showed all the time and hard work needed to get a dog to the stage where it can actually be a "Service Dog In Training", and that they mentioned that 18-24 months of intensive training is the norm for certified service dogs.  The two stories they highlighted on this episode were heartwarming and informative.  Yay for another "Must See TV" show to add to my roster.

• Love 1

DVR alert tonight for another new show I happened upon last week : When Nature Calls on NatGeoWild.  It is about wild animal wranglers/rescuers from a few different areas in the US, who remove animals from urban areas.  So far, I'm enjoying it.

I caught up on my DVR'd episodes of Animal ER. The vet who cared for Bingo, Dr. Jardes, saved my cat's life when she went into renal failure last year. He has a wonderful bedside manner (for the pets & humans!) but is a straight shooter. AFAIC he is a miracle worker, but he told us that kitty had a fierce will to live. I would too, if I were going home to be treated like the queen of the world as she is accustomed to...lol Anyway, he's a great vet and I hope to see him on the show again.

On GCVS FB page, they posted that Bingo is still doing well <3

• Love 4

When I saw previews for Rescue Dog to Superdog, I knew it would be my type of show. And I have generally enjoyed it. However, I have become a bit disillusioned after checking their website for updates on the pairings after the episodes. As someone who works with a rescue group, the dogs are the priority, so we are nitpicky about who we adopt to even if they generally seem like lovely people who would make good owners and there's just one little red flag. I think the show is focused on the humans and finding people to help and not enough on ensuring a permanent home for the dogs. 2 of the pairings featured are no longer together (actually 2 from the same episode). While we can't predict all situations that will lead to a dog being returned, at least 1 of these (potentially both) were things that could have been avoided in their screening process. 1 was the older military vet with nightmares and I believe was in a wheelchair who had an unstable home situation. He returned the dog due to the instability of his living situation, which he figured wasn't fair to the dog. Totally understandable decision, but that was an issue while they were filming (and probably before) and probably should have ruled him out as a candidate from the start. It's a nice idea to want to help him and give him a service dog, but now the dog needed a new home and he ended up without a service dog anyway. The other was the young guy who was deaf. He ended up taking a new job that required significant travel shortly after the show and also returned the dog since it would be unfair for the dog. This was less predictable, though still an issue my rescue tries to get an idea of in our application process (asking about likelihood of new jobs soon, providing specific examples of give back reasons and seeing which people say yes to). LUCKILY, two behind-the-scenes crew from the show ended up adopting the two dogs themselves, so they didn't have to go back to a shelter. But disappointing.

I don't know why Animal Planet ever got rid of a similar show that I LOVED Underdog to Wonderdog. That seemed like a more thorough process, and it was nice that it took place in the NY area. So many of these dog training ish shows are in CA (okay, not so many - this one and Brandon's Lucky Dog). 

• Love 2
On 9/9/2017 at 5:40 PM, VMepicgrl said:

While we can't predict all situations that will lead to a dog being returned, at least 1 of these (potentially both) were things that could have been avoided in their screening process.

This week's episode specifically addressed a return on screen -- the woman vet with PTSD and a bad back. She said the poodle mix was too energetic for her and she needed to focus only on herself and her kids. Understandable, but I felt the return coming almost from the beginning. Early on she said she "didn't just want a pet, I need a dog that is going to do things for me" and didn't seem overly committed to the time and patience required for even the fairly minimal at-home bonding and training. She already had buyer's remorse at that point I think. Not everyone is a dog person, which is OK (I guess LOL). I really felt no connection between the two after that first day at the shelter. IMO the dog showed more connection and genuine affection with Laura (the trainer) than she did with the new owner. I'm glad he (Weston) got a great new home -- I hope that's true.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, ChiBurbsMama said:

This week's episode specifically addressed a return on screen -- the woman vet with PTSD and a bad back. She said the poodle mix was too energetic for her and she needed to focus only on herself and her kids. Understandable, but I felt the return coming almost from the beginning. Early on she said she "didn't just want a pet, I need a dog that is going to do things for me" and didn't seem overly committed to the time and patience required for even the fairly minimal at-home bonding and training. She already had buyer's remorse at that point I think. Not everyone is a dog person, which is OK (I guess LOL). I really felt no connection between the two after that first day at the shelter. IMO the dog showed more connection and genuine affection with Laura (the trainer) than she did with the new owner. I'm glad he (Weston) got a great new home -- I hope that's true.

Totally agree. I felt she had unrealistically high hopes, but didn't hear, as we're told every episode, that it takes a long time to train a service dog. As you say, I thought the puppy connected right away with the trainer, but the owner failed to do her part. Did I blink or did she never put down treats at the spots she wanted the dog to visit while searching the apartment? Otoh, I wonder if the dog WAS a good fit. Maybe he was too smart, young, and strong willed for the timid owner  (but a dog I would love to have. Hopefully he's found his forever home.)

• Love 2
On 9/13/2017 at 4:29 PM, ChiBurbsMama said:

Agree with all this and 

On 9/13/2017 at 5:16 PM, SRTouch said:

Totally agree. I felt she had unrealistically high hopes, but didn't hear, as we're told every episode, that it takes a long time to train a service dog. As you say, I thought the puppy connected right away with the trainer, but the owner failed to do her part. Did I blink or did she never put down treats at the spots she wanted the dog to visit while searching the apartment? Otoh, I wonder if the dog WAS a good fit. Maybe he was too smart, young, and strong willed for the timid owner  (but a dog I would love to have. Hopefully he's found his forever home.)

Agree with all this.

As you said, @CHIBURBSMAMA, her commenting that she didn't want a pet but a dog to do things for her. In that case, you don't get a dog. You get one of those claw things they sell on TV that can pick stuff up anywhere, even in tight spaces. You get a good security system and/or robot/camera to check the rooms. And you see a therapist. A dog is a living, breathing thing with emotions and his/her own needs. The woman claimed to also want the love of the dog, but she didn't seem to really put in the work on her end regarding the bonding and care. A service dog isn't just a robot who helps but has no needs of its own. Related to care - it even looked like Weston was overdue for a grooming at the end there. Her talks to the camera (forget what those are called) from the start were concerning. 

And @SRTOUCH, fit probably was a problem. And that goes back to my earlier comment about the show focusing too much on meeting the human's needs related to their disabilities and not enough on an overall match. So they found a dog they thought could pick stuff up and search the house, etc. But do they do any sort of information-seeking related to what the person is looking for in a dog personality-wise and as a companion? They should be asking about preferences with activity level, level up grooming needs, etc. 

I also hope Weston got his forever home. Hopefully they did a better job putting in the effort to match him with the new family, even if Weston wasn't able to meet the family ahead of time (since Laura was picking him up from the woman's house to then bring to the new family). The other two dogs went to people who knew them pretty well from working with the show, so I'm hopeful that they have their forever homes now.

• Love 2

I hate to say this, because I've seen incredible bonds with service animals, but sometimes a person is unable to form a bond with any living creature.  I won't go as far to say they are beyond help; but they need more help than an animal can provide.

4 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

This week's Rescue to Super Dog doggies were stellar.  Especially Hope, with the Late Onset Tay Sachs guy, who broke my heart.  Such a deserving pair ...

Hell yes, I shed a tear or two.  Not ashamed to admit it.

Not only two great dogs, but also great people. These pairs truly bonded, to the point where at the end the dogs were focusing more on THEIR person, even with the trainer in the room. To me, the mark of a service dog is the dog focusing on their person, even in a crowd. I saw that with Hope. The trainer was right there, but Hope focused on her person, performing the commands without a treat reward, than lieing down and looking up at HIM. Same with the amputee and Morrison out in the hallway. Perfect time to get distracted when Morrison ran to the elevator button and found trainer behind the corner, but Morrison remained focused. As the girl said, he's still got a little of puppy in him. The good thing is she is willing to work through that and not get frustrated. As smart as Morrison is, and as willing as he seems to be to learn, yeah I can see him as a circus dog.... then I got the same type of vibe from the poodle mix Weston that was returned.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 1

Anyone watch My Big Fat Pet Makeover?  I'm glad these people got their pets help and they all seemed nice enough but wow, some stupidity going on - "I didn't know how much to feed him" - it's RIGHT ON THE BAG OF FOOD.  Don't these pets get vet visits?  Any vet would tell them their pet is overweight and what to do.   The couple who wanted to have their 4 yr old niece, as flower girl, walk with their dog in the wedding and hadn't even practiced with her, when the dog pulls everyone who walks her - just, where is the common sense, people!

Everyone did seem to really love their pets and they stuck to the plans so they lost weight, which was good. 

• Love 4
On 10/5/2016 at 8:17 AM, pasdetrois said:

I have searched high and low for the vet forums. Finally I searched by "Oakley" and landed here. Looking forward to reading through the pages when I have more time.

ETA: does anyone remember a short-lived TV show about a woman who ran a sanctuary in southern Alabama? She had red hair. I particularly remember a couple episodes where they showed her team having to move all of the animals to higher ground because of a hurricane. It was such a lot of work to accomplish in very little time. I think they eventually relocated the sanctuary to a better location.

I also watched a short-lived series where a woman in Mississippi rescued animals, mostly stray dogs. She would scoop them up from the side of a road, get them care, and then find homes for them, often putting a bunch of them onto a big rig and driving north to adoptive families.

Both of these shows caught my attention because I lived in both states, and the locals can be very cavalier about how they treat their animals. About 10 years ago I was home visiting family and spotted a stray injured dog out in the country. I discovered that none of the animal control places answered their phones on Sunday. I had to go through a sheriff's office to find an emergency clinic in a city and then drive the poor dog there.  The lack of services haunted me, but since then some rescue groups have been established.

The 1st show you mentioned is The Little Zoo That Could.  It followed the staff at the Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo as they dealt with several hurricanes that year.  They evacuated a couple times.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, smittykins said:

I’m looking forward to Animal Cribs.  I so wish I could do something like that for China, but I rent, so I can’t. 

Thanks for the heads up, smittykins!  I had to look this up to set my DVR.  

Premiers Friday 11/3 on Animal Planet :

"An acclaimed designer and animal enthusiast known as Antonio Ballatore is accompanied by his crew on a quest to transform drab, boring houses and outside areas into high-end spaces for both pet owners and their fur babies."

On 10/9/2017 at 8:30 PM, raven said:

Anyone watch My Big Fat Pet Makeover?  I'm glad these people got their pets help and they all seemed nice enough but wow, some stupidity going on - "I didn't know how much to feed him" - it's RIGHT ON THE BAG OF FOOD.  Don't these pets get vet visits?  Any vet would tell them their pet is overweight and what to do.   The couple who wanted to have their 4 yr old niece, as flower girl, walk with their dog in the wedding and hadn't even practiced with her, when the dog pulls everyone who walks her - just, where is the common sense, people!

Everyone did seem to really love their pets and they stuck to the plans so they lost weight, which was good. 

Plus, you can't always go by what's on the bag, sometimes you have to adjust it due to things like age and activity level.

It amazes me how calm those animals are as they're being hoisted in the air to be weighed.  You'd think at least one would be freaking out as soon as their feet leave the ground.

• Love 2

You'd think that vets would tell these folks their pets are overweight and put them on a proper diet during their annual checkup.  

I enjoyed the first episode of Animal Cribs.  The catwalk to the treehouse was totally cool - my indoor kitty would love something like that!

• Love 1
On 9/9/2017 at 6:40 PM, VMepicgrl said:

I don't know why Animal Planet ever got rid of a similar show that I LOVED Underdog to Wonderdog. That seemed like a more thorough process, and it was nice that it took place in the NY area. So many of these dog training ish shows are in CA (okay, not so many - this one and Brandon's Lucky Dog). 

I miss Underdog to Wonderdog, too. I guess Lucky Dog took its place and I enjoy watching Brandon do his thing but I also liked the team approach on Underdog.

On 11/5/2017 at 7:49 AM, smittykins said:

It amazes me how calm those animals are as they're being hoisted in the air to be weighed. You'd think at least one would be freaking out as soon as their feet leave the ground.

Right?! Plus the loud clicking noise from the crank. The animals have all been so chill.

This was crazy enough that I've told several people about the scene of Travis laying out five large pizzas in front of the owners and asking if they could eat that much in one day. With 1-2 exceptions, the owners have been really good about following through and it's nice to see the changes in the end.

I watched the premiere of Cat vs Dog and am not sure I'll be able to hang in; the owners in both the cases were way too annoying (spacey twit and locking the dog outside for two years) . It's not good when I want to flick people on the head through the TV.

Edited by 2727
  • Love 1
On 11/5/2017 at 6:51 PM, walnutqueen said:

You'd think that vets would tell these folks their pets are overweight and put them on a proper diet during their annual checkup.  

I enjoyed the first episode of Animal Cribs.  The catwalk to the treehouse was totally cool - my indoor kitty would love something like that!

I had no idea this forum existed, so I asked for a new one for Animal Cribs :)

http://forums.previously.tv/forum/3667-animal-cribs/

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 1

Did anyone watch Cat vs. Dog yesterday? Thoughts? I like the format, and as with most of the animal shows, it was clearly the owners that had the issues and not the animals. Its a bit frightening that there are so many owners that don't seem to really know or understand their pets.

The mother and son with the Cane Corso confused me. The boy has been playing with the dog for years, and there was never any indication that the dog was violent. While Cane's are territorial to their people, I would think that you'd want to put the dog and cat together slowly over time to introduce them and get them to co-exist with one another. Consigning one animal to outside and the other to inside seems like a lazy solution. It also wasn't clear what the traveling father's relationship with the dog was and whether he felt like there was a problem with the animals getting along.

• Love 4
On 11/19/2017 at 3:31 PM, Rlb8031 said:

Did anyone watch Cat vs. Dog yesterday? Thoughts? I like the format, and as with most of the animal shows, it was clearly the owners that had the issues and not the animals. Its a bit frightening that there are so many owners that don't seem to really know or understand their pets.

Yep, totally agree... like the show and format, and yet again another program shows the real problem is the two legged animals. As I watched the cane corso, I just kept thinking how great it was that the kid was there, cause mom had no clue. It would have been so easy for the dog, which is from a protective breed, to have taken his cues from the mother and attacked someone. She was obviously nervous and on edge, and the dog kept watching her and was ready to react if he thought she was threatened... I suppose maybe it was a good thing she had been keeping the dog outside when people came over... well not good, but better than having it inside without someone in control.

The other two... OMG what totally clueless owners. Poodle mix totally out of control... despite having attended puppy training had NO obedience commands, couldn't walk on a leash, barked, jumped on everyone, etc etc etc. Wonder what we'd see if there was a follow up after a year... will owner back slide and loose control again. And the cat owner... good grief, when Jackson asks, yeah she knows a cat swishing its tail means he's unhappy, but she continues to try to force the cat... no wonder she was always scratched up. I currently have 5 cats, all with their own distinct personalities, like and dislikes. One, Frank, likes to be picked up,  hugged and cuddled. At the other end of the spectrum, Furby barely tolerates being picked up. She likes to be petted, but she'll decide when, where, and for how long.

Added comment: Luckily, she gives warnings before lashing out. Ignore the warnings and she'll bop without claws, or bite, but just hold you with her teeth without biting down. What happens next if you ignore her clear, "BUZZ OFF, DUDE!" Beats me, my momma didn't rise a fool, I back off.  Only time I forced the issue was once on the way to the vet... she bit hard enough to draw blood - still not too bad, considering how much damage a cat can do if they truly want to hurt you.

Edited by SRTouch
Added comment
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Peanutbuttercup said:

The couple on last nights Cat vs. Dog . . . too stupid to be allowed to own a pet, both of them. #FreeBoo

Actually scary, even before they get to the house for the introduction. We see a clip of the "cat person" bent over carrying Boo with hands around kitty's chest, dangling back end like a doggy chew toy. And this has to be the friendliest antisocial cat in history. Poor dog, once again we see a dog with no leadership from the humans, so dog just doing what dogs do, instead of being taught how to behave. Just as the "cat person" isn't really helping the situation, the "dog person" is worse... simply because he has no control over a big, powerful dog. Especially telling is when Zoe,  professional dog trainer, is putting a collar and leash on the dog and we get a cutaway to dog dude saying he doesn't leash his dog because it just breaks away... huh, if you can't control your dog on a leash than by golly you need a stronger leash and a muzzle until you can control your big powerful the dog. Thankfully, these two are just as dense when evaluating Girly the dog as they are with the Boo, the cat. Girly, the dog, exhibits textbook rottweiler behavior, highly intelligent and playful, along with some herding actions which will be sure to irritate the kitty. Not only would any cat resist herding, but the typical rottweiler style of herding is through force and intimidation... not exactly the best way to make nice with a cat. But, why does dude have so much trouble controlling her. From what I saw, from the beginning of the training session, Girly seems highly intelligent and eager to please, with strong food interest. We see another cut away and listen to dog dude saying he doesn't like seeing "HIS DOG" controlled by his live in gf... Haven't even seen Jackson except at the intro seating at the table... maybe he grabbed kitty and snuck out the back door in a rescue attempt, cuz this dog guy may be hopeless... nah, maybe the best solution for cat mamma and Boo, but sort of torpedoes the whole premise of the show. Ok, back inside, and.... geez, so much nonsense I'm giving up on trying to recap... just go with @Peanutbuttercup... these two are too stupid to have pets! Both dog and cat would be great pets in some loving home, either alone or together, but only with humans with a bit of sense - sadly lacking with these two.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 2

Yeah Girly seemed like she could be a GREAT dog -- obviously both intelligent and willing to learn. Those idiots just have no clue. At least they both seemed to like her and want to do right by her, can't say the same for poor Boo, even though the woman claimed to love him she was fine with him being harassed and stalked by the dog.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Peanutbuttercup said:

Yeah Girly seemed like she could be a GREAT dog -- obviously both intelligent and willing to learn. Those idiots just have no clue. At least they both seemed to like her and want to do right by her, can't say the same for poor Boo, even though the woman claimed to love him she was fine with him being harassed and stalked by the dog.

Yes, poor Boo. Luckily he seems to be a cat you can sort of rub the wrong way when petting. I noticed when clueless dog dude was finally petting Boo on the bed he was kind of rough and rubbing both with and against the fur. A couple of my five are fine with that, two like it, one will get up and leave. Looked to me like Boo wasn't all that happy, started to leave and some tail wagging. I would not be at all surprised to see Boo lash out with a warning bop. Ah, I could be wrong, as cat expert Jackson was right there and he seemed happy with the interaction... like I said, some cats like rough pettin's - my Frankie loves it and play wrestles with me... Furby - well, no, she would hate it (except for elevator butt rubs - she does love those.)

• Love 2

Hopefully she'll be smart enough to break up with him for a third time, and stay gone this time, and then Boo can live in peace, but that leaves poor Girly with the guy who'll probably put that huge fucking chain on her again to bulk her up.  I think he's someone who got a Rottweiler for all the wrong reasons, and her looking intimidating is important to his ego.

My cat seems to like this show, and no wonder; it's always the human ultimately at fault, the dog misbehaving, and the cat the only one acting right.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Bastet said:

Hopefully she'll be smart enough to break up with him for a third time, and stay gone this time, and then Boo can live in peace, but that leaves poor Girly with the guy who'll probably put that huge fucking chain on her again to bulk her up.  I think he's someone who got a Rottweiler for all the wrong reasons, and her looking intimidating is important to his ego.

My cat seems to like this show, and no wonder; it's always the human ultimately at fault, the dog misbehaving, and the cat the only one acting right.

Totally agree with both paragraphs. You forgot to mention that the humans are all clueless.... sometimes dangerously, head-in-the-sand, clueless! Two extreme examples of clueless cat owners: cat owner, "wah wah, my cat scratches me all the time, but I love her so." Jackson, "You do know what it means when your cat is lashing her tail like right now, right?" Owner, "yeah, she's mad." WTF, why are you still freeking holding her when she obviously wants down. Or the most recent cat momma who talks about how antisocial and unfriendly her cat is. Jackson goes in the bedroom, sits down, and Boo comes right over and head bonks him. The couple acts shocked when Jackson comes out a few minutes later with Boo in his arms... yeah, antisocial cat! Dog owners just as bad. Little yapper poodle with zero impulse control won't leave the cat alone, and owners call in the team because cat is beating up the dog? Then the most recent show (very fresh since I watched it a little while ago). These people call in Jackson and Zoe, cat and dog experts, then argue every time either of the experts tell them something.... thinking heavy tow chain instead of a leash and it takes two home visits before the owners even consider a change. Oh, and I seriously doubt idiot dog dude would have made the switch had Zoe not showed up between visits with a chain leash... didn't he say that NOW, he was willing to start the homework when she showed up - which means he hadn't been doing it with the nylon leash.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 2