Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, neh said:

Usually I am laid back an d tolerant of Mariah, excusing her for being young and away from home for the first time but her actions with trying to pasd off those mutts as service dogs h as infuriated me. My son in law is a two time recipient of t h e Purple Heart. He has been seriously injured in both Iraq and Afghanistan. He needs a service dog. Those two women have insuited him and all veterans with support amimals, as well as anyone with special needs who uses service animals.  OMG, someone talk me down from my outrage!

Thank you for your son’s service. It’s hard to see off a family member off to a war with an unknown outcome. Many of my family members face life and death because of their service to our country or job (police). I understand how this was crappy of this entitled girl. I won’t even ascribe the dignity of calling her a young woman. I’m also positive (besides the worry) that it was difficult for you upon hearing of your sons injury and that he was being sent off for another tour of duty. He gave and gave and deserves everything that he can get if it helps him cope or maneuver through life easier. He is lucky to have a proper service dog. One that has been trained and loved since birth. Go ahead and vent that steam you have for these girls. It’s called mental puke and it will make you sick if you hold it in. Just know that we are here for you. 

• Love 20
1 minute ago, aimlessbird said:

Yes, Mindthinkr please know that I appreciate your son in law's service to our country and the sacrifice your family has made.  I should have said that earlier. 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/animals-and-us/201406/service-animal-scams-growing-problem?fbclid=IwAR0L4JJOHKQtt7zPMSTp9M1REMBTU_2prALMM1AUkouj9bP8Hv7he5Vi9Jk

You don’t owe me any apologies although you got the relationships of who my family members are a little confused. No matter. My brother gave 30 years. Beginning with the Vietnam Nam years.  I still have a family member on active duty. 

I do believe that the people (like thes dips) are going to put the rest of the truly deserving and necessary animals to not be allowed to travel. We can get TSA numbers to avoid most of the inspections. Why don’t they find a screening for service animals? 

They make my blood boil with their entitlement. 

• Love 8

@aimlessbird Thank you for posting those articles. Good reads. Shameful how easy it has become for anyone to make their animal a “service animal”. Boo on Amazon for selling uniforms for such. 

2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

@aimlessbird

I’m blocked on Audrey’s Twitter. Has anyone questioned the post?

I’ll try to go get a peek. I’m not on her account but maybe.... 

• Love 2

Southwest asked her to provide details privately so they could see what went wrong. A few people thought it was terrible that these girls had to go through this and one person became worried because she needs to travel with her animal. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m blocked on Audrey’s Twitter. Has anyone questioned the post?

Not much.  Just a sympathetic what happened.  She and Mariah will probably end up compensated for their BS

Fullscreen capture 11212018 54837 PM.jpg

Poor Audge, it must be exhausting always being a victim.  I really wish a reputaple news channel with pick this story up and run with it.

• Love 15
31 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Thank you for your son’s service. It’s hard to see off a family member off to a war with an unknown outcome. Many of my family members face life and death because of their service to our country or job (police). I understand how this was crappy of this entitled girl. I won’t even ascribe the dignity of calling her a young woman. I’m also positive (besides the worry) that it was difficult for you upon hearing of your sons injury and that he was being sent off for another tour of duty. He gave and gave and deserves everything that he can get if it helps him cope or maneuver through life easier. He is lucky to have a proper service dog. One that has been trained and loved since birth. Go ahead and vent that steam you have for these girls. It’s called mental puke and it will make you sick if you hold it in. Just know that we are here for you. 

Thank you!

What is their "need" for a support dog? Is it because they are gay or because they are related to Meri?

Edited by neh
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

My blood absolutely boiled when I read that. People who pull this fake "emotional support animal" crap are making it so much harder for those truly in need. I have never liked Mariah but this has turned me to pure hatred. Selfish, entitled bitches, both of them. And Princess Mariah is supposed to be is social work? God help her clients when she pulls this self centered shit.

I hope to hell the are banned from Southwest.

I feel this the same way. Selfish entitled bitches is right.  They should be ashamed.  Both of them.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 15

People often react when they see what appear to be “able bodied” people with handicapped license plates, but they have them for a documented reason. I have no clue why Mariah AND Audrey would qualify for service animals. That doesn’t mean they don’t.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

People often react when they see what appear to be “able bodied” people with handicapped license plates, but they have them for a documented reason. I have no clue why Mariah AND Audrey would qualify for service animals. That doesn’t mean they don’t.

True enough but Mariah and Audrey blog about everything. I am pretty sure that if they had service dogs, we would have seen them in picture s when they were out in Chicago and heard all about them. The dogs would even be in the hashtags. 

• Love 11
7 hours ago, aimlessbird said:

I wish a reliable news outlet would pick up this story and investigate the all too common abuse of the system of ESAs.  I am in no way knocking anyone with a true need for a support animal but the chances of BOTH Mariah AND Audrey needing to fly with their dogs for emotional support is slim to none.  This abuse of the program need to be called out.

Agree.  In my opinion any emotional support animal should be trained and certified by a professional To get one your mental care doctor should have to provide documentation for you to show.  Certainly not for your pet you dumped with your mom ,while away for 4 years at college.  They just didn't want to have to pay the fee to fly with them.

• Love 21
10 hours ago, neh said:

True enough but Mariah and Audrey blog about everything. I am pretty sure that if they had service dogs, we would have seen them in picture s when they were out in Chicago and heard all about them. The dogs would even be in the hashtags. 

Absolutely.  They advertise every minute of their mundane lives; I cannot believe that this would not be documented at least once. I am calling BS on the whole crappy, underhanded, selfish, entitled, too-cheap-to-pay-for-carriage story.  Shame on both of them.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Agree.  In my opinion any emotional support animal should be trained and certified by a professional To get one your mental care doctor should have to provide documentation for you to show.  Certainly not for your pet you dumped with your mom ,while away for 4 years at college.  They just didn't want to have to pay the fee to fly with them.

People that buy the vests online infuriate me.  Real service dogs train for years.  Real  service dogs provide invaluable care and assistance for their owners.  My dog provides emotional support, but isn't that what all dogs do?  I agree that they were trying to avoid the fee.  They are both disgusting scammers and grifters.

• Love 22

Emotional support dogs, blah.   they didn't want to board them while they were gone.  It annoys me too.  They are not service animals.  One of my acquaintences has a dog she deems "emotional support".  That annoys me too.

• Love 8

I have had trained two therapy dogs which are in a different category than service dogs but still require training and certification.  We visit nursing homes and  hospitals but I am acutely aware of the rules and follow them to the letter.  Part of the problem is that the rules are murky and selfish, unscrupulous (pointing at you, bitches) people take advantage of that.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I have had trained two therapy dogs which are in a different category than service dogs but still require training and certification.  We visit nursing homes and  hospitals but I am acutely aware of the rules and follow them to the letter.  Part of the problem is that the rules are murky and selfish, unscrupulous (pointing at you, bitches) people take advantage of that.

I used the term service dogs as sort of a catch all term for helper dogs.  Therapy dogs are angels on earth as far as I'm concerned.  Bless you and your dogs for what you do.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Just when I think the Browns couldn't possibly stoop any lower...they do. Unbelievable. This sort of thing just makes it harder for people who ACTUALLY NEED service animals.

One of my dogs has been to the nursing home & hospital, to see my mother and aunt...both of whom passed away from cancer. Both places gave me the okay to bring the dog to visit - in fact the hospital asked me to bring my dog when they were having a difficult time with my aunt (she was mentally handicapped, I was her legal guardian) and they said PLEASE bring your dog, we're willing to try anything to settle her down (she was pulling out her IV and everything)...anyway, a visit from my little pup calmed her down considerably. 

BUT I certainly would not bring my other, more rambunctious dog to a nursing home or hospital (you'd be surprised just how rambunctious a 7 pound chihuahua mix can be! Ha ha, he was definitely staying home, that little stinker!)...but my very quiet, calm little dog was welcome to visit. I wasn't going to "push" the rules by bringing my little trouble maker, or I'd have ended up being told that neither of my dogs was welcome to visit any longer.

You are doing a wonderful thing. If I end up in a nursing home, not having pets would be the hardest part for me. I hope someone like you will be around to bring their pet for a visit!

I totally agree that selfish, entitled brats taking advantage of the rules so they can fly their pets around for free is just absolutely disgusting. It just makes it harder for the people who actually NEED service animals. What, pray tell, is their reason for needing a service dog? 

They've put their whole life out there on social media, every excruciating detail...going to coffee shops, restaurants, gyms, classes...all WITHOUT their dogs. Then when they're going to get on a plane they suddenly "need" their dogs to be considered service dogs? Both Mariah AND Audrey suddenly need emotional support animals? Give me a break.

We've seen Meri babysitting Mariah's dog Mosby on many occasions. It's been shown on TV. Apparently Mariah can leave her "service dog" behind when it suits her!

I hope they are banned from doing this nonsense on their return flight. But they probably won't be. They'll get away with it. 

Selfish, entitled little brats. Time for me to apply to the "get the hell off my lawn" club!

Great posts, all.  Bullshit is right - the entitlement bitches can go fuck themselves.  This kind of crap really pisses me off.  My cat is a member of the family, but she's not a service animal.  I'd lay money that during their precious coffee shop visits, they stiff the waitperson or barista and don't even tip.  

• Love 13
18 hours ago, neh said:

Usually I am laid back and tolerant of Mariah, excusing her for being young and away from home for the first time but her actions with trying to pass off those mutts as service dogs  has infuriated me. My son in law is a two time recipient of the Purple Heart. He has been seriously injured in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Please thank your son-in-law for his service to our country. We cannot thank them enough.

My brother served in Iraq...he was in the Air Nat'l Guard, served 34 1/2 yrs. He was deployed many, many times, but thankfully he was never injured. At least not physically...there are certain things he just doesn't want to talk about. One of the guys he shared a tent with in Iraq passed away a few days ago from a heart attack - he was only 42, and left behind a wife and two little girls. Right away I thought, a heart attack at such a young age...could the stress of being deployed be a factor? Perhaps he was someone who could have benefited from a service dog.

My brother has been very depressed about losing his friend - he helped and supported my brother a lot when they were in Iraq...I got married at that time, so missing my wedding really hurt him, of course, and "his guys", as he calls them, were there for him.

Our military & their families go through a LOT of stress when they are deployed. I worried about my brother every day, as I'm sure you did with your son-in-law. I know we were luckier than many other families, since my brother was never injured.

I totally agree with you that what Mariah & Audrey did is a slap in the face to our soldiers, and anyone else, who really do need service dogs. And I think you have every right to be outraged by it!

• Love 17

On today of all days I just have to take a deep breath and focus on the positive - I'm very thankful for this place and for all of you.  I'm sure if we could meet in person we'd discover that we have all kinds of differences, but I'm glad that we can unite here behind some basic ideas of common decency.  (And I'm so relieved that these ideas still exist in the world, particularly on the internet.)  And yes, snark too.

May you all have a wonderful day and some delicious food, whether that means celebrating with a big group or enjoying some alone time.  My heartfelt thanks go out to the service members in your families.

I'm thankful that none of the family I'm gathering with today are familiar with the show, so I can totally put this nonsense out of my mind!  

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Please thank your son-in-law for his service to our country. We cannot thank them enough.

My brother served in Iraq...he was in the Air Nat'l Guard, served 34 1/2 yrs. He was deployed many, many times, but thankfully he was never injured. At least not physically...there are certain things he just doesn't want to talk about. One of the guys he shared a tent with in Iraq passed away a few days ago from a heart attack - he was only 42, and left behind a wife and two little girls. Right away I thought, a heart attack at such a young age...could the stress of being deployed be a factor? Perhaps he was someone who could have benefited from a service dog.

My brother has been very depressed about losing his friend - he helped and supported my brother a lot when they were in Iraq...I got married at that time, so missing my wedding really hurt him, of course, and "his guys", as he calls them, were there for him.

Our military & their families go through a LOT of stress when they are deployed. I worried about my brother every day, as I'm sure you did with your son-in-law. I know we were luckier than many other families, since my brother was never injured.

I totally agree with you that what Mariah & Audrey did is a slap in the face to our soldiers, and anyone else, who really do need service dogs. And I think you have every right to be outraged by it!

Thank you very much.  I passed on your comments to Michael, who is currently in the hospital having his 12th surgery due to injuries sustained from a rocket propelled grenade. It cheered him.

• Love 12

@neh. Sending good thoughts to Michael. I am a member of a couple if Angels groups that support active duty, deployed military and those heroes and (s)heroes deserve nothing but the best of all things.

A pox on Mariah and Audrie. I bet their sycophant followers are supporting their indignation. Disgusting.

• Love 13

If those two brats are indeed lying about needing service animals (it seems to me, they are), I look at it like stealing.  The more phony-ass (IMO) claims that are filed, the more people may think it's got to be bullshit, and possibly causing a legitimate claim being questioned or denied.  

@TurtlePower, I have a very close family member that has PTSD (Military.)  I  send you my best wishes.  I've dealt with some of the symptoms in my relative.  Thank you for your serving as a police officer, and medic.  How much stress that kind of job generates, I won't even guess.

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

If those two brats are indeed lying about needing service animals (it seems to me, they are), I look at it like stealing.  The more phony-ass (IMO) claims that are filed, the more people may think it's got to be bullshit, and possibly causing a legitimate claim being questioned or denied.  

I just wish some news outlet would pick this up and investigate it especially since these shits posted a critique on Twitter.  I'd like the public to come down hard on them.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I just wish some news outlet would pick this up and investigate it especially since these shits posted a critique on Twitter.  I'd like the public to come down hard on them.

1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

@TurtlePower, I have a very close family member that has PTSD (Military.)  I  send you my best wishes.  I've dealt with some of the symptoms in my relative.  Thank you for your serving as a police officer, and medic.  How much stress that kind of job generates, I won't even guess.

And where the hell are these "emotional support animals" any other time? We never see them and we've never heard about them before this. Then they sit there with their stupid smiling faces on social media in Flagstaff, no support animals in sight. Assholes, the both of them. I, too, would love to see them feel the heat from the public.

Thanks Kohola3. I usually don't like to discuss it, but these two set me off. They're upset about the airline, "the WORST experience" in Audrey's words. And in reading her responses to confrontational comments over it, she tells people to "get a life" instead of criticizing strangers on social media. Pretty sure she is going to remain defensive about it, regardless of any argument to the contrary. She has no regard for anyone but herself, something that's really common amongst this age group. We hear it all the time, here's an example of stuff we get several times a week:

20-something callers (imagine Mariah and Audrey): "We're stuck in the sand by the lake, you need to help us!" (gives GPS, it's somewhere they should not be 30 miles from a paved road).

911: "It'll be several hours before an officer can reach you and we don't tow stuck vehicles. Here's a list of tow services."

20-something caller: "YOU SUCK! You HAVE to get us out, you're obligated! We got stuck in YOUR sand, we're emotionally upset and you're going to hear about this!" 

There's no magic rescue fairy and they want everything NOW. Oh, and they're driving a SEDAN in the back country. Meanwhile, we've got a drowning in one area and a rollover in another. Everyone else be damned, THEY demand help. NOW. My patience with this demographic is stretched very thin. Mariah and Audrey are a shining example of this kind of entitled-ness. It's real. 

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

And in reading her responses to confrontational comments over it, she tells people to "get a life" instead of criticizing strangers on social media.

Sounds like there are some that see this is just a load of selfish BS.  I bet it burst their entitled little snowflake bubble that everyone didn't support their criticism and saw through the sham.

And if you don't want criticism on social media, then don't post this type of disgusting crap.  You lying, cheating brats - YOU get over it. suck it up, apologize, and learn your lesson.  Oh, wait, we're talking about Princess Mariah and her Luvah.  Ain't happening. 

• Love 13

Amazingly, this dramatic necessity for an ESA has afflicted both Mariah and Audge simultaneously.  One of the commenters on Audrey's twitter pointed out that they fearlessly faced the perils of the Tilt Ride at 360 Chicago when Meri paid them a visit at the end of September.  No dogs in sight and I had second-hand vertigo from simply viewing the picture.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I guess there will be others blocked by Audrey! They can sit with me.

12 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Amazingly, this dramatic necessity for an ESA has afflicted both Mariah and Audge simultaneously.  One of the commenters on Audrey's twitter pointed out that they fearlessly faced the perils of the Tilt Ride at 360 Chicago when Meri paid them a visit at the end of September.  No dogs in sight and I had second-hand vertigo from simply viewing the picture.

* I don't think they understand that admitting you were wrong goes a long way--which they still don't believe they were and if they do, they're not going to admit it. This steadfast adherence to one's stance doesn't come off a strength, it shows an unwillingness to consider other sides of the argument. 

* Precisely. All of a sudden, they need these dogs on said flight over the holiday?  They can pay oodles of $$ for cafe coffees and avocado toast, but don't want to foot the bill for their dogs' flight so they lie--and continue to perpetuate that lie. Willing to bet they're going to try and move on from this as quickly as possible and sweep it under the rug, Meri-style. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

And where the hell are these "emotional support animals" any other time?

Yes, where are they?  You would see them in photos with them every where, at school, at soul cycle, at the coffee cafe, yoga, everywhere.  But no you only see them in photos at home.  Its not the first time someone has used this for free flights for their pets and it wont be the last.  

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:
13 hours ago, Sandy W said:

* I don't think they understand that admitting you were wrong goes a long way--which they still don't believe they were and if they do, they're not going to admit it.

They will never admit it because they are entitled "celebrities".  Entitlement means you are above the rules or can manipulate them to your liking.  For someone supposedly in social work who would seemingly deal with real people with real needs, Mariah is "all about me" and screw the rest.  Again, I do wish someone in authority would call them out on this.  Or make them meet people that truly need emotional support animals and service dogs.  I hope the Princess has an adviser that will take notice.

But, being as selfish and spoiled as they are, it probably wouldn't make any difference.

• Love 12
On 11/21/2018 at 5:51 PM, aimlessbird said:

Not much.  Just a sympathetic what happened.  She and Mariah will probably end up compensated for their BS

Fullscreen capture 11212018 54837 PM.jpg

Poor Audge, it must be exhausting always being a victim.  I really wish a reputaple news channel with pick this story up and run with it.

Like all of you, the entitlement of these two ZZZ-listers enrages me, but seeing "It's Audrey" in response to Southwest's apology make me want to put my fist through my monitor.

• Love 20
28 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Like all of you, the entitlement of these two ZZZ-listers enrages me, but seeing "It's Audrey" in response to Southwest's apology make me want to put my fist through my monitor.

#persecutedforbeingapolygamistohwaitimnot #pickedonforbeinggaysoineedanesa #butionlyneedanesawheniwanttoflyittoflagstaffforfree #otherwiseibarelyevermentionitexists 
#learnedthefineartofcheatingfrommygriftingparents  #dontgiveacrapthatiammakingitharderforpeoplewhoreallydependonanesa 
#dontgiveacrapthatairlinesarestartingtomakeitharderonpeoplewhoREALLYneedanesabecauseoffakerslikeme #dontgiveacrapaboutanyoneelseaslongasIcangetawaywithit 
#imacheatinglyingbitchandsoismygirlfriend

• Love 12
44 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

#persecutedforbeingapolygamistohwaitimnot #pickedonforbeinggaysoineedanesa #butionlyneedanesawheniwanttoflyittoflagstaffforfree #otherwiseibarelyevermentionitexists 
#learnedthefineartofcheatingfrommygriftingparents  #dontgiveacrapthatiammakingitharderforpeoplewhoreallydependonanesa 
#dontgiveacrapthatairlinesarestartingtomakeitharderonpeoplewhoREALLYneedanesabecauseoffakerslikeme #dontgiveacrapaboutanyoneelseaslongasIcangetawaywithit 
#imacheatinglyingbitchandsoismygirlfriend

I think that about covers it.

• Love 9