Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Question: does anyone else remember the interview mentioning Felicity having a spring in her step related to her BF? Did we ever actually see her with a spring in her step? I don't remember one, but maybe I missed it? 

I think that's one reason I'm being cautious about any interviews given about anything coming up in 5B. 

• Love 1

I'm assuming the spring in her step was her good mood which apparently was just her avoiding life. 

The comment made about her having a better understanding of Oliver, I'm pretty sure it was in relation to Havenrock but it sounds more like 5b territory. 

• Love 1

I assumed the "spring in her step" was more from all the coffee they seemed to drink together.

Seriously though, it is so odd to me that the writers gave Felicity this boyfriend but never told us how they met, or when they started dating, or what he thought she did with her days.  We know LESS about Felicity's private life in season 5A than we have at practically any other time in the series.  It could not be clearer to me that Malone's main function was as the plot device to be killed, but even their they failed to flesh him out as a character so that the audience could feel the pain of Felicity and/or Oliver at his death.  It honestly baffles me, since that is pretty much storytelling 101.

Tina's first episode is 5x11, right?  Do we know what episodes she's in from there out?  Is Rory still in episodes since he wasn't on the road trip?  I will be very sad if they write off Rory but keep Wild Dingo around.

• Love 15

Was the spring in her step a comment from the writers or just added commentary in article? Cause that could have been just something a writer added got color to their article. 

That being said Felicity was in everything is wonderful pod person mode which I want to give the writers the benefit of the doubt is intentionally her covering up, conceal don't feel on a lead into her spiral in 5B.

But as discussed I'm sceptical and wary of the writers ability to actually have that come across on screen in any effective way. Or that they will take the time and energy to do the storyline right since they've always half assed Felicity storylines before. But time will tell.

• Love 2

I actually saw spec somewhere maybe here maybe on Twitter I can't remember now about Rory and Curtis hooking up? I'm not sure I've gotten vibes of Rory being gay but I could see the writers thinking their breaking barriers by having two comic characters in a same sex relationship, even though I'm pretty sure it's been done in the comics somewhere. 

But it's food for thought.

4 hours ago, LeighAn said:

I actually saw spec somewhere maybe here maybe on Twitter I can't remember now about Rory and Curtis hooking up? I'm not sure I've gotten vibes of Rory being gay but I could see the writers thinking their breaking barriers by having two comic characters in a same sex relationship, even though I'm pretty sure it's been done in the comics somewhere. 

But it's food for thought.

Rory told Curtis he wasn't gay in an episode early in the season. He didn't seem conflicted about it.  

25 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

Rory told Curtis he wasn't gay in an episode early in the season. He didn't seem conflicted about it.  

But Curtis is Mr. Terrific!  That's got to get a body at least wondering how he earns that title.  It's sure not for his fighting skills.  ;)

• Love 11
9 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Question: does anyone else remember the interview mentioning Felicity having a spring in her step related to her BF? Did we ever actually see her with a spring in her step? I don't remember one, but maybe I missed it? 

I don't recall that interview. The only step-related comment I remember is from the TVLine interview with Arrow cast during SDCC '16,, where EBR said: "It is a true rumor [about Felicity getting a new boyfriend]. She steps on him pretty hot off the bat. You'll meet him pretty quickly."

7 hours ago, TrueMyth said:

Tina's first episode is 5x11, right?  Do we know what episodes she's in from there out?  Is Rory still in episodes since he wasn't on the road trip?  I will be very sad if they write off Rory but keep Wild Dingo around.

Yes, Tina's first episode is supposed to be 511. Social media tweets and b-t-s pics (by cast and papps) have shown JH during Arrow filming for 511, 512 and 513. Also, on Dec. 9, JH posted on instagram that she's been working with T3 Athletics and Bamford "the past two months."

Social media tweets and b-t-s pics (by cast) have shown JD (Rory) during Arrow filming for 512 and 513.

Per SA, 513 wrapped filming on Dec. 9. We have nothing for 514 so far in terms of b-t-s filming pics or reports other than a sighting of Kelly Hu.

Edited by tv echo
8 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I think that's one reason I'm being cautious about any interviews given about anything coming up in 5B. 

It's a quote from Guggenheim in TV Insider, about whether Oliver had noticed that Felicity was dating: 

"That's a good question!" agrees Guggenheim. "It speaks to the fact that Oliver has had a lot on his plate lately and...also, I think Oliver is trying to adopt a more hopeful tone, be more optimistic. And in that optimism, he's hoping that he and Felicity will get back together. So perhaps there is a little bit of denial at play that he hasn’t clocked the new spring in Felicity's step."

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

It's a quote from Guggenheim in TV Insider, about whether Oliver had noticed that Felicity was dating: 

"That's a good question!" agrees Guggenheim. "It speaks to the fact that Oliver has had a lot on his plate lately and...also, I think Oliver is trying to adopt a more hopeful tone, be more optimistic. And in that optimism, he's hoping that he and Felicity will get back together. So perhaps there is a little bit of denial at play that he hasn’t clocked the new spring in Felicity's step."

Thanks! I'm going to say Oliver never "clocked the new spring in Felicity's step" because it just wasn't there, at least not in any way that he could've seen.

7 hours ago, TrueMyth said:

I assumed the "spring in her step" was more from all the coffee they seemed to drink together.

Seriously though, it is so odd to me that the writers gave Felicity this boyfriend but never told us how they met, or when they started dating, or what he thought she did with her days.  We know LESS about Felicity's private life in season 5A than we have at practically any other time in the series.  It could not be clearer to me that Malone's main function was as the plot device to be killed, but even their they failed to flesh him out as a character so that the audience could feel the pain of Felicity and/or Oliver at his death.  It honestly baffles me, since that is pretty much storytelling 101.

Part of me can't help but wonder now if that was intentional because it could've been easily solved with one sentence - "We met X," maybe even in a babble when she introduced him to Curtis and Paul. I actually hope it comes up in 5B, that Felicity says something like, "I met him X months ago/over the summer/etc., when I was trying to not think about Havenrock/etc." I could've understood holding off on that if Malone had been working for Prometheus and 509 was going to include a reveal of how he pursued Felicity to get close to her because he was evil, but since that wasn't the case, I don't understand why they never addressed that when he was alive. 

• Love 3

I wonder if the show not telling us about how they met, why she decided to move on, etc. is similar to the withheld ILY from Felicity back in Season 3. Maybe it's something Guggenheim is holding onto because he wants it to be part and parcel of abig moment? Maybe something that comes up in a big blowup scene (if they ever allow Felicity or Felicity AND Oliver one) later in the season? I hate this kind of storytelling, taking away the POV just for a big reveal, but Guggenheim seems in love with it. 

• Love 5

I kind of think the reason they gave us so little on Malone was because they wanted people to speculate about him being Prometheus. If they have us too much information we may have been able to figure out it wasn't him? That or they are just terrible storytellers and thought that what they gave us was sufficient to make us care about the character. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Carrie Ann said:

Yeah in 5X03 he mentioned not being Gay, but although he wasn't conflicted it was an odd thing to say. And then in another episode Rory called him Strong and Sweet or something to that effect which was another odd comment. And in the previous episode they had Paul insinuate that maybe Curtis was cheating on him with Rory. It might be a stretch but they might have them work more closely together and explore a relationship between them two. I would actually like to see Thea and Rory instead, never thought of them as an item but the last episode it looked like something could happen.

6 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

they are just terrible storytellers and thought that what they gave us was sufficient to make us care about the character. 

After 101 episodes with these hacks, I'm pretty comfortable with this conclusion.

• Love 23

I'm not even sure to what extent we were even supposed to care about Billy. The show itself made it pretty clear that he wasn't seriously involved in Felicity's life (his multiple mentions about not knowing any of her friends, etc), she didn't know if their relationship was "real," and in the episode where he died she could barely get herself to refer to him as her boyfriend, and definitely wouldn't say that she loved him. 

So, at least some of us not really caring about him seems intentional. Although they're still trying to wring an emotional story out of the death of a guy that we don't care about, and it seemed like no one on the show cared all that much about him either. Hacky writing either way. 

• Love 18
53 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Yeah in 5X03 he mentioned not being Gay, but although he wasn't conflicted it was an odd thing to say. And then in another episode Rory called him Strong and Sweet or something to that effect which was another odd comment. And in the previous episode they had Paul insinuate that maybe Curtis was cheating on him with Rory. It might be a stretch but they might have them work more closely together and explore a relationship between them two. I would actually like to see Thea and Rory instead, never thought of them as an item but the last episode it looked like something could happen.

Because he told Renee that Thea would never be in to him? I think that was more about setting up Thea/Renee.

Rory telling Curtis that he's sweet makes me wonder if he is gay.

Don't we all think that Curtis is kind of sweet?  At least he was last year  before they messed him up this year. He built the chip so Felicity could walk. and remember how Paul proposed to him with the ring and the scuba diving? I went Awwwww. I hope they can build it back up again.

6 hours ago, Cleanqueen said:

And in the previous episode they had Paul insinuate that maybe Curtis was cheating on him with Rory. It might be a stretch but they might have them work more closely together and explore a relationship between them two. I would actually like to see Thea and Rory instead, never thought of them as an item but the last episode it looked like something could happen.

Paul has never met Rory.  When Felicity stumbled over the "start-up late nights" , Paul assumed that Curtis was seeing someone else but he doesn't know Rory or Rene or Evelyn.

They are setting up Rene/Thea in the most heavy handed way possible.  Don't do it, Thea!  Just because he's a tough street kid like Roy doesn't mean he's anything like Roy.

I'd rather see Rory with Thea too.  She needs someone sweet and patient after all she's had to go through, not judgemental  "I"m not going to pay any attention to you unless you can prove you're a good fighter" Rene.

• Love 2

I mean, that's not too surprising, since it seems like 512 is where the flashbacks and the present day collide and Susan's the only other connection to it besides Oliver himself, while 510 is them dealing with "Laurel" and 511 is introducing Tina, but if she's not in them I wonder if they're just going to not acknowledge her existence until she comes back for 512 when I'm guessing Oliver finally finds out about her investigations.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I mean, that's not too surprising, since it seems like 512 is where the flashbacks and the present day collide and Susan's the only other connection to it besides Oliver himself, while 510 is them dealing with "Laurel" and 511 is introducing Tina, but if she's not in them I wonder if they're just going to not acknowledge her existence until she comes back for 512 when I'm guessing Oliver finally finds out about her investigations.

Yeah, I really didn't understand people thinking she'd be gone. Last we saw her she was alive, well, lingeried, and freshly...whatevered (she and Oliver probably didn't "sleep" much, but they sure did something). It would be strange for her to disappear, not for her to still be around.

Plus, as I said about the boyfriend long ago, just bc the actor isn't there doesn't mean the character isn't. One line in the script covers it: "Yeah, I asked Susan about that last night at dinner."

3 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

Plus, as I said about the boyfriend long ago, just bc the actor isn't there doesn't mean the character isn't. One line in the script covers it: "Yeah, I asked Susan about that last night at dinner."

I get that, but I'm just thinking about times in the past when they didn't have the actors and they just literally had no mentions of the characters until they came back randomly later (Wildcat in 3a to randomly come back in 312, Isabel in 2a to randomly come back later in 2b). I get that these are different circumstances, but it's still around the problem that they've had before of them having an actor who's busy and trying to use them when they can and have the plot keep going when they can't. Plus, Arrow's usually 50/50 when it comes to "oh let's put in a piece of dialogue that explains away a plot hole," so I am expecting a line but still hesitant.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I get that, but I'm just thinking about times in the past when they didn't have the actors and they just literally had no mentions of the characters until they came back randomly later (Wildcat in 3a to randomly come back in 312, Isabel in 2a to randomly come back later in 2b). I get that these are different circumstances, but it's still around the problem that they've had before of them having an actor who's busy and trying to use them when they can and have the plot keep going when they can't. Plus, Arrow's usually 50/50 when it comes to "oh let's put in a piece of dialogue that explains away a plot hole," so I am expecting a line but still hesitant.

Oh I agree, I have no idea whether they will, bc they're terrible writers. Just that they easily could, which is part of the reason I've been skeptical re which guest characters would/would not continue in the story. (The other reason is that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, so the lack of spoilers and BTS pics, particularly this season with its cutback on spoilers and BTS pics, doesn't mean a whole lot.) I mean I have no idea whether she'll be his girlfriend or what, bc I find that whole thing, that he went to her, or anyone, really, to get his rocks off after killing a good man/his supposed great love's boyfriend, absolutely, utterly bizarre and quite entirely creepy. I mean, killing a good guy makes him want to bone? What even is that?

• Love 9

They probably only need CP for one or two scenes in 512 - especially if it's her last episode. Hopefully it is because otherwise, how long are they going to drag this out for? Obviously she's not going to stick around as a LI, and they can't stretch out the Russia storyline forever, especially with an episode titled "Bratva." 

I wouldn't be surprised if she's not even mentioned until she pops up in 512. (And honestly, I don't think it'll look good for them to have Oliver say, "Hey, I have plans with Susan," "Hey, I'm going to get drinks with Susan," or "Hey, at dinner last night with Susan," with everything else going on, but he's clearly made bad decisions about going to see her in the past few episodes.) 

Maybe they'll have Oliver (finally) realize that dating a reporter is a bad idea and so she decides to use the information she has about Russia because he rejected her. I would hate to see them do that, but then again, they probably have to wrap it up quickly because of CP's availability/everything else coming up and I think they could have written a much better storyline with a reporter if they didn't make her a LI. Maybe one of these days, we'll get a female character who isn't a LI. (Crossing my fingers for Talia to be that, but hopefully she's not the only one.) 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

They probably only need CP for one or two scenes in 512 - especially if it's her last episode. Hopefully it is because otherwise, how long are they going to drag this out for? Obviously she's not going to stick around as a LI, and they can't stretch out the Russia storyline forever, especially with an episode titled "Bratva." 

I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other about it, but why is that obvious?

(Also, I'm personally fairly convinced that when Steve said he went to the writers and said he doesn't want it to be an Isabel situation he was either telling us he got what he wanted (again) or he was telling us what had already been decided. I don't think she's going to betray him in the end.)

• Love 4

It's going to look really bad if he goes for dates with Susan while Felicity's boyfriend is dead by the hands of Oliver. We can all say that Felicity doesn't blame Oliver but why wasn't Oliver smarter with how to take "Prometheus" down without killing to check who he was? 

These writers so annoying.

Edited by EmilyBettFan
  • Love 6

They dont always listen though. He might come with ideas, but how they execute this is gonna be the issue. 

They could have Susan try to back out of whatever mess she is gonna make, but its gonna be too late. But she definitely has a connection to Russia, maybe even Talia (and since they implied Talia might be the one who taught Prometheus that move he showed off for Oliver in 5x09, maybe even some tie to Prometheus since apparently he also was in Russia).

6 minutes ago, EmilyBettFan said:

It's going to look really bad if he goes for dates with Susan while Felicity's boyfriend is dead by the hands of Oliver. We can all say that Felicity doesn't blame Oliver but why wasn't Oliver smarter with how to take "Prometheus" down without killing to check who he was? 

These writers so annoying.

It absolutely would look completely terrible, but they wrote him going to her to do everything but "sleep" already, so I have no faith that they won't do it. I absolutely do not understand their writing choices. I'm often floored by how awful and stupid they write Oliver, but this is a whole new level.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, AyChihuahua said:

(Also, I'm personally fairly convinced that when Steve said he went to the writers and said he doesn't want it to be an Isabel situation he was either telling us he got what he wanted (again) or he was telling us what had already been decided. I don't think she's going to betray him in the end.)

I could be wrong but I don't believe anyone has ever stated he went to the writers about this. 

• Love 3

My question is how long Bratva is supposed to stretch out for considering this is the last year of the flashbacks and the season has to end with oliver on the island getting on that boat. Will they do a time jump from when he leaves Russia to when he gets on that boat? There's only 14 episodes left and he aint even captain yet. 

1 minute ago, Cleanqueen said:

My question is how long Bratva is supposed to stretch out for considering this is the last year of the flashbacks and the season has to end with oliver on the island getting on that boat. Will they do a time jump from when he leaves Russia to when he gets on that boat? There's only 14 episodes left and he aint even captain yet. 

I figure he'll only be back on the island by the last episode. Maybe the one before the last but most likely (based on nothing but my gut) he'll wrap up his Bratva storyline 3/4 of the way in the finale and then he'll get dropped on the island and if we are lucky we'll get a thirty second montage to connect to when he was "rescued" from the island.  

• Love 3

The way this show is written he could make captain, kill Kovar, figure out who Promy really is, dump the reporter, see one of the newbies killed, do some mayor stuff, hang out with Thea, take out a VotW, and end up back on the island all in the same episode.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

The way this show is written he could make captain, kill Kovar, figure out who Promy really is, dump the reporter, see one of the newbies killed, do some mayor stuff, hang out with Thea, take out a VotW, and end up back on the island all in the same episode.

Pretty much.  Really, the only reason I want a montage of the time until he is rescued off the island is to see his hair and beard grow.  

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

Don't forget free Diggle from prison too. 

• Love 5

Yes to finally a Felicity and Thea scene!

I think the last scene of the flashbacks this season will be Oliver arranging his trip to the island, taking along his wig. He's got 14 episodes to wrap everything before that.

6 hours ago, AyChihuahua said:

I get the feeling that it's going to be instead that Oliver doesn't trust her and isn't fooled.  SA seemed a bit too smug when he was saying that this isn't going to parallel Isabel.  On the other hand, it's possible that Oliver's magic penis saves the day.

Anyway, I'll be glad to be free of her for two episodes while he concentrates on "Laurel".  Every time I see Susan, it's a reminder of what an idiot Oliver is.  And I really don't want to see him in a relationship when he's just killed Felicity's boyfriend.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I get the feeling that it's going to be instead that Oliver doesn't trust her and isn't fooled.  SA seemed a bit too smug when he was saying that this isn't going to parallel Isabel.  On the other hand, it's possible that Oliver's magic penis saves the day.

Magic penis all the way. He went running to her at one of the lowest points of his entire life. He isn't playing her.

And Steve would be INCREDIBLY smug about his magic penis being written as saving the day.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 3

You know what I realized, thinking about the sneak peek from 510 of Oliver visiting Diggle in prison? Oliver is really lucky that everyone in Star City is an idiot (and maybe that he's possibly won over the reporter who was against him with his magic penis/whatever got her interested) because here's the mayor, visiting a friend in prison (there are logs of prison visits), who just so happened to break out with some help at the same time that Oliver was out of work/town with... was it gout? Was that the excuse Thea came up with? If anyone actually paid attention to all the times Oliver's MIA when he shouldn't be as mayor and everything that happened at those times, they probably could put the pieces together and have a pretty big story. But apparently there can only be one reporter in Star City doing any digging.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Magic penis would make her look like an incredible idiot and a terrible reporter but then again, it's Arrow.

She's already a terrible reporter. She banged or gave a blow job to or dry-humped or wtfever the subject of her reporting. Plus her shenanigans with Thea. They don't give one tiny shit if she's written as a terrible and unethical reporter, any more than Laurel was written as, no exaggeration (and I am a lawyer), THE WORST LAWYER IN THE WORLD. They care that the actress looks good in lingerie.

(Ftr I think she may be working w Promy, IF that closeup of the arrow-looking mark on her arm meant anything. Still think she's going to break good-ish thanks to Oliver's magic penis. Which he really should have whipped out on Slade/RAG/Darhk. Could've saved a lot of innocent lives.)

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

Ftr I think she may be working w Promy, IF that closeup of the arrow-looking mark on her arm meant anything. Still think she's going to break good-ish thanks to Oliver's magic penis. Which he really should have whipped out on Slade/RAG/Darhk. Could've saved a lot of innocent lives.)

Oh!  How about in a very special episode of Arrow, the truth about the tattoo that Constantine gave him finally comes to light!

• Love 2
Just now, AyChihuahua said:

So THAT'S how he got Constantine on his side!

That works too.

I was thinking that we only now would find out the real power of his tattoo - to make his penis magical.  Seems he only fully activated it last season otherwise Isabel would have been saved as well.  

• Love 2
Just now, BkWurm1 said:

That works too.

I was thinking that we only now would find out the real power of his tattoo - to make his penis magical.  Seems he only fully activated it last season otherwise Isabel would have been saved as well.  

I figured his penis was magic before, since Laurel never dumped his nasty cheating STD-ridden serial-killer-hair-having ass.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, AyChihuahua said:

I figured his penis was magic before, since Laurel never dumped his nasty cheating STD-ridden serial-killer-hair-having ass.

There's different kinds of magic.  ;) Baum chicka bow wow.

• Love 3