Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

It definitely isnt the same night, probably a day or 2 if anything.

Really because IIRC the episode start with the scene of Oliver seeing Laurel in the lair then Felicity coming in and seeing her then...party. So based on how the spoiler/foiler goes it could absolutely be the same night or the night after which is just so makes everyone look like terrible people regardless of the Laurel of it all. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I think the issue with the party is that if accurate this episode sounds like it picks up the exact same night Billy dies so they are having a party or celebration of some sort either the same night or the night after Billy died and Felicity was grieving. It just makes the characters look insensitive and obtuse. 

Eh, if they were having a random party I would totally get it. But someone Felicity cares about has just died and someone that she and the rest of the team (well, Oliver and Diggle and Thea) cared about and mourned has seemingly come back to life. I guess if they're having a full-on blowout like they did for Sara it will read insensitive to me, but if it's just a small gathering of friends to welcome her back, then it really isn't that big of a deal IMO.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

What bothers me is that we didn't see anyone comforting Felicity in 509 and now it sounds like we won't see that going forward either.

Well, it's certainly very Arrow to jump from one emotional thing to the next without letting it marinate at all. At this point - with just a write up to go off of, I'm finding it difficult to get too upset about it. It's one of those things I'll just have to see to determine whether I think it's tacky or tasteless. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it is, though.

• Love 4

I'm still confused why a lot of people are certain about the "party" being at the loft. 

Onto the present we get more of the Laurel is back hype and then some reflection at how the year its weird to be partying with the burial of Detective Malone still being prepared, the fact that its been horrible with the betrayal of Evelyn and also Prometheus still being out there and how they should be doing more to find him. Oliver says that last year he wished that the dark times didn't only bring them together and this year they're lucky because the miracles did. Laurel was a miracle and a second chance, which we all must remember.

I honestly do not see it mentioned here. After that it's Rory commenting that Felicity is in the bunker late, but for all I know this gathering could have taken place in the bunker and Felicity stuck around with the DNA sample. I'm actually more curious about where they stash 'Laurel' after the party to be honest. Also, I think "partying" could actually turn out to be celebrating.

I don't think the summary necessarily excludes either Thea or some emotional beats from the episode. The person writing it could just not care about those aspects so they didn't include them.

4 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm not really sure what the big deal is with Felicity and the "party" anyway. She cared about Laurel and was upset that she died. Seems to me that even with her suspicions about whether this is the "real" Laurel or not, there isn't any reason why she wouldn't be happy and hopeful at the prospect of her being alive - especially with what happened with Malone. 

I think you can be happy and hopeful and respectful of the dead at the same time..the poor guy didn't even have a funeral yet. If the party is just a ploy to get some DNA for BS than I absolutely get it but if Oliver thought about throwing a party a few days after he killed a good man and someone a person close to him cared about than it's pretty awful to me.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, bijoux said:

I'm still confused why a lot of people are certain about the "party" being at the loft. 

I think it's because of that picture EBR posted on Instagram with Curtis/Rory/Rene sitting in the loft with Champagne glasses.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I think you can be happy and hopeful and respectful of the dead at the same time..the poor guy didn't even have a funeral yet. If the party is just a ploy to get some DNA for BS than I absolutely get it but if Oliver thought about throwing a party a few days after he killed a good man and someone a person close to him cared about than it's pretty awful to me.

The reddit post indicates that "they" decide to throw a party for Laurel - so it doesn't seem like it's just Oliver's idea? He, Felicity and Thea are the only three people around who would even care about Laurel being back, since Diggle's back in prison, and Lance is still in rehab. Oliver and Felicity certainly shouldn't feel like celebrating because of Billy, and none of them should want to since one of their teammates is locked up. It's bad timing for pretty much everyone who'd want to throw or attend this "party".

If I had to take a guess - based on the spoiler - the plot calls for a party for whatever reason, so they all decide to throw said party despite the reasons that each of them would have individually for that being a totally bad and weird idea, and then because the writers know it's a totally bad and weird idea given what's currently going on with Malone and Diggle and whatever else but they needed the party for plot and couldn't think of a way around it, the characters remark on why they felt they needed to do it even though it's a totally bad and weird idea.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

Further clarification from the reddit poster (this would fit with the ending scene involving either an escaped BS or a metahuman Tina)...

[–]psyhero 1 point 21 hours ago 
is the sonic scream at the end a metahuman power? is it displayed similar to that of black siren?
permalinkembed
[–]YonkouProductions... 3 points 21 hours ago 
Same as E2 Laurel

Edited by tv echo

I'll post an updated summary closer to the airdate (this preliminary summary does not include the reddit spoilers because they were just posted here and it seemed unnecessary, they'll be included in the updated summary)...

PRELIMINARY SUMMARY OF 510 SPOILERS:

S5, Episode 10:  Who Are You?
-- Production code: 510.  Shoot Dates: Oct. 21-Nov. 1, 2016. Director: Gregory Smith. Writers: Ben Sokolowski & Brian Ford Sullivan. Airdate: January 25, 2016. (MG tweet, page 47 of Spoilers thread, and Dec. 7, 2016 SA facebook video post, page 50 of Spoilers thread)
-- The CW app has a 510 preview clip of Oliver talking to Diggle in jail and telling him about Laurel just popping up in the Arrow Bunker and about the team trying to track down Prometheus' mother. (Dec. 8, 2016 AmellDaily tweet, page 1250 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- 510 sneak peek video posted. (Dec. 11, 2016 SpoilerTV article, page 50 of Spoilers thread)
-- MG: “We’re going to pick up a scene for episode 510, not because the scene didn’t turn out well, but because there was just one moment that wasn’t landing the way it needed to land to pay off another moment. Even in season 5, we have no problems with doing reshoots, or pickups, or anything we need to do to make each episode as successful as it can possibly be.” (Nov. 29, 2016 Entertainment Weekly article, page 49 of Spoilers thread)
-- On what ways we might see KC appear in Arrow outside of just flashbacks, WM: "I can tell you that we're really excited about having her back. You will see in the episodes where she appears - Episode 510 definitely, our midseason premiere. Keep your eyes out for that. We're so excited about getting to work with her again and her willingness to come back. It's one of the fun parts of the show. People can leave and get killed and you can still find new and crazy ways for them to come back. I can definitely tell you that there's a way we're going to bring her back and she's going to be alive and well. And Flashpoint might have a little bit to do with that." (Oct. 2, 2016 TV Guide article, page 45 of Spoilers thread)
-- On whether Laurel is really alive, SA said we'd have to tune in when Arrow returns in January to find out. SA: "Obviously, people don't just come back from the dead. So, there has to be some sort of vetting process to make sure it actually is Laurel. Because the group has seen some, uh, some peculiar things, but we delve into that when we come back in - in the new year." (Dec. 7, 2016 SA facebook video post, page 50 of Spoilers thread)
-- Matt Mitovich: "On a scale of 1 to 10, Laurel is going to be a 9 on the emotional wallop scale. That's what Wendy Mericle told me earlier today. Um, and she said specifically the Laurel storyline - or should we say 'Laurel' (using air quotes) - I dunno, depends on what you believe. (Other person asked, "Who is she?") ... That will be revealed. And, but, uh, that storyline as a whole will do a - will have an emotional resonance as a whole for not just Oliver, but Oliver and Felicity. Felicity, actually, is going to be the biggest skeptic about 'Laurel' (using air quotes), um, while Oliver's a little bit more into seeing his old friend again, under whatever circumstances he thinks she came back." (Dec. 12, 2016 TVLine's Ask Ausiello facebook video, page 50 of Spoilers thread and page 1261 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- When Laurel returns in 510, EK: "Curtis definitely will interact with her. I can’t really give up too much as far as what that interaction will be… We’ll see how it plays out." (Nov. 22, 2016 We Got This Covered article, page 49 of Spoilers thread)
-- Talia al Ghul will debut in 510. Lexa Doig has been cast in the recurring role of Talia, another daughter of Ra’s al Ghul and half-sister of Nyssa. Described as worldly and cultured, Talia is “an elite warrior who doesn’t pick sides but rather creates her own.” (Nov. 2, 2016 TVLine article in MichaelAusiello tweet, page 48 of Spoilers thread)
-- SA: "Tina is a character that the team tracks down, who is operating in another city. And, uh, that happens once we're back from our break, sort of, 510, 511 time. And, um, I think she could be a really - I think she could be a really cool character. Um, you know, and as for Talia, Talia is, um - we learn about her before we meet her. And she is, um, I think, our gateway to really accelerating the flashback storyline and buttoning up that list I spoke of." (Nov. 3, 2016 Seat42F video of SA interview, page 48 of Spoilers thread)
-- Brian Ford Sullivan tweeted: "Of course I care! Sincerely hope you stick with us. Lots of cool Felicity stuff coming. (Hint: my next episode, amongst others.)" (Nov. 11, 2016 briforsul tweet, page 1213 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- Brian Ford Sullivan tweeted: "Malone's death uncorks what Felicity bottled up (re: Havenrock). Events in 510-512 force her to re-examine her life (or lack of) as of late." This was in reply to fan who asked what they introduced in 502 that's still paying dividends in 512 for Felicity. (Dec. 12, 2016 briforsul tweet, page 50 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Oct. 17, 2016, SA said: "Right now we are still filming 509, although I have filmed some stuff for 510." (SA facebook video, page 484 of Social Media thread)
-- On Oct. 22, 2016, SA tweeted pic of himself with facial hair and bloodied face. (SA tweet, page 47 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Oct. 23, 2016, MMcL tweeted: "With my girl Tally, Artemis' double, and our @JamesBamford. Bambam, this show, Artemis and my life are all better for knowing you." (MadisonMcLaugh tweet, page 491 of Social Media thread)
-- On Oct. 28, 2016, JBam tweeted: "@EmilyBett Quite the right hook, eh?" And in response to fan who asked if he was going to let EBR do a stunt for once, JBam tweeted: "She's standing right in front of me....would you like me to pass on a message from you?" He also tweeted a pic of himself with EBR. And in response to fan who asked for three words to describe EBR's fights/stunts this season, JBam tweeted: "@EmilyBett Hmmmm....... Wicked Right Hook." In response to fan who asked if EBR will do stunts this season, JBam tweeted: "Yuppers." In response to fan who asked if she has a badass right hook, JBam tweeted: "Most def.." (JBam tweets, page 47 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Oct. 30, 2016, Brian Ford Sullivan tweeted: "Off to Vancouver to witness the wonderful insanity that is #Arrow 510!" (briforsul tweet, page 1198 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- On Oct. 31, 2016, EBR posted b-t-s pic of Prometheus inside some abandoned warehouse. (EBR instagram post, page 47 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Nov. 1, 2016, papp tweeted: "#Arrow started the day shooting interior scenes in North Vancouver today with #Olicity  @WhatsFilming" and "#Olicity was searching for a new #blackcanary today onset of #arrow ... What does that mean exactly lol ?? More questions than answers lol" and "#Arrow wrapped shooting with exteriors at Vancouver dry dock with #Olicity and #laurel , ok seriously wtf does this mean ??!!" and "A full day of shooting #Arrow with #Olicity and #Laurel ... A mix of interior and exterior shooting , and no I do not have pics or graphs." (kingscourtgraph tweets, page 48 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Nov. 1, 2016, Canadagraphs tweeted: "It's not Sara, Laurel or Evelyn. That's all I'll say on the topic for now (partly because that's all I know too) #BlackCanary #Arrow." (Canadagraphs tweet, page 48 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Nov. 2, 2016, Canadagraphs tweeted: "Black Siren is BLACK SIREN. 'Dinah Laurel Lance' is not new Black Canary. Katie Cassidy version of BC is dead, buried & bronze statued." (Canadagraphs tweet, page 1260 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- On Nov. 2, 2016, papp tweeted: "It's Stephen & Emily looking, it's not black siren/Laurel it's a new black canary." (pursuit23 tweet, page 1265 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- On Nov. 11, 2016, Static Rift tweeted: "Just found out that @MzKatieCassidy will be back on Arrow and Flash as Black Siren." (StaticRiftRadio tweet, page 48 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Nov. 12, 2016, Canadagraphs tweeted that KC will be back as Black Siren, not Black Canary, for at least two episodes. (canadagraphs tweet, page 1214 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

The reddit post indicates that "they" decide to throw a party for Laurel - so it doesn't seem like it's just Oliver's idea? He, Felicity and Thea are the only three people around who would even care about Laurel being back, since Diggle's back in prison, and Lance is still in rehab. Oliver and Felicity certainly shouldn't feel like celebrating because of Billy, and none of them should want to since one of their teammates is locked up. It's bad timing for pretty much everyone who'd want to throw or attend this "party".

If I had to take a guess - based on the spoiler - the plot calls for a party for whatever reason, so they all decide to throw said party despite the reasons that each of them would have individually for that being a totally bad and weird idea, and then because the writers know it's a totally bad and weird idea given what's currently going on with Malone and Diggle and whatever else but they needed the party for plot and couldn't think of a way around it, the characters remark on why they felt they needed to do it even though it's a totally bad and weird idea.

I said Oliver because Thea is nowhere near that recap so I don't know what she is doing in that episode and I'm wondering if Felicity gets along with it with the purpose of taking a DNA sample. I thought with "they" the person that wrote the recap meant the whole team because even if they didn't know her, if the picture in the loft is from the party, it seems they are all involved.

I agree that it's probably done because the plot calls for it but it doesn't make it any less jarring to me when I think that they haven't even buried Felicity's boyfriend yet..

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I said Oliver because Thea is nowhere near that recap so I don't know what she is doing in that episode and I'm wondering if Felicity gets along with it with the purpose of taking a DNA sample. I thought with "they" the person that wrote the recap meant the whole team because even if they didn't know her, if the picture in the loft is from the party, it seems they are all involved.

I agree that it would be super gross if Oliver was leading the charge to have a party shortly after he killed an innocent dude, but my point was there's nothing in that spoiler that indicates that's what's happening, or that Felicity will somehow be strong-armed into it, or will be doing it for any other reason than because she wants to and the team as a whole decided to go ahead with whatever this get together is. 

There are definitely a lot of ways in which this could be awful and with this show's track record it's more likely than not to be awful, but most of the determining factors in that awfulness are unknown at this point. Like, is it an actual party (gross) or just a get together (not so gross IMO)? Who actually comes up with the idea? If it's Oliver? Gross. If it's Felicity's idea (for ulterior investigative motives or whatever) and Oliver goes along with it because he's taking his cues from her given that he just killed her boyfriend? Not so gross to me. Does Felicity let Oliver know of her suspicions about Laurel? Is that a determining factor in moving forward with it? There are some pieces to this puzzle missing, provided the spoiler turns out to be 100% true, like...how does Oliver even know about Black Siren - IIRC no one on the team even knows she exists, but the spoiler indicates that she calls Oliver up and outs herself and he appears to know who she is. Did Felicity make a call to Barry somewhere in the middle of all this to ask about Laurel's E2 doppelgänger? Is Oliver making toasts about miracles bringing them together so as to not tip E2 Laurel off that he and Felicity might be onto her as they investigate? No clue.

My best guess is that it's a party/get together for plot that doesn't make a whole lot of sense for where people are emotionally at the moment, and that's why it's a "group" decision (or possibly a suggestion by one of the newbies, since they would be the least emotionally affected by what's going on).

• Love 1

Seeing as BS is Prometheus' plant, he really should have used her against Lance to be honest. The blink and you miss it am-I-Prometheus plot could have been saved for another team member. If Dig didn't have his false accusations thing going, I'd vote for him for the impact.

22 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Seeing as BS is Prometheus' plant, he really should have used her against Lance to be honest. The blink and you miss it am-I-Prometheus plot could have been saved for another team member. If Dig didn't have his false accusations thing going, I'd vote for him for the impact.

But then we wouldn't get Oliver being stupidly hopeful about a return he should absolutely question, and he wouldn't get to say dumb things like that he could help E2 Laurel get back in touch with her good side, or that he was going to keep her close in case there's any bit of Laurel (he didn't even know) left in her. It would be throwing away a perfectly good opportunity to retcon Laurel's importance to Oliver while she was alive. Can't have that!

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I agree that it would be super gross if Oliver was leading the charge to have a party shortly after he killed an innocent dude, but my point was there's nothing in that spoiler that indicates that's what's happening, or that Felicity will somehow be strong-armed into it, or will be doing it for any other reason than because she wants to and the team as a whole decided to go ahead with whatever this get together is. 

There are definitely a lot of ways in which this could be awful and with this show's track record it's more likely than not to be awful, but most of the determining factors in that awfulness are unknown at this point. Like, is it an actual party (gross) or just a get together (not so gross IMO)? Who actually comes up with the idea? If it's Oliver? Gross. If it's Felicity's idea (for ulterior investigative motives or whatever) and Oliver goes along with it because he's taking his cues from her given that he just killed her boyfriend? Not so gross to me. Does Felicity let Oliver know of her suspicions about Laurel? Is that a determining factor in moving forward with it? There are some pieces to this puzzle missing, provided the spoiler turns out to be 100% true, like...how does Oliver even know about Black Siren - IIRC no one on the team even knows she exists, but the spoiler indicates that she calls Oliver up and outs herself and he appears to know who she is. Did Felicity make a call to Barry somewhere in the middle of all this to ask about Laurel's E2 doppelgänger? Is Oliver making toasts about miracles bringing them together so as to not tip E2 Laurel off that he and Felicity might be onto her as they investigate? No clue.

My best guess is that it's a party/get together for plot that doesn't make a whole lot of sense for where people are emotionally at the moment, and that's why it's a "group" decision (or possibly a suggestion by one of the newbies, since they would be the least emotionally affected by what's going on).

I agree on most that you said but honestly I didn't consider the possibility of the party being for the sole purpose of investigating on her because if they wanted to take a DNA sample just offer her a drink in the lair and be done with it. So not considering that possibility for a second (that I wouldn't have a problem with aside of not making much sense) the idea of them celebrating is gross to me. It gets more gross depending on who suggests it but never good. Maybe I became fond of mayo in one episode, I don't know LOL. And talking specifically about Felicity if she feels like celebrating right after her boyfriend was killed either she is losing it or the poor guy deserved a better treatment and if someone else suggests it than both Felicity and mayo deserve a better treatment.

• Love 6

Based on the spoiler, if it is the same night as Billy's death then how does felicity just come back to the lair. Does Oliver call her to come to the lair? If the party happens several days after, where does faux LL stay in the  mean time. Do her and Oliver sleep at the bunker?

Also, forget DNA analysis why wouldn't anyone dig up her grave to see if shes there.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I agree on most that you said but honestly I didn't consider the possibility of the party being for the sole purpose of investigating on her because if they wanted to take a DNA sample just offer her a drink in the lair and be done with it. So not considering that possibility for a second (that I wouldn't have a problem with aside of not making much sense) the idea of them celebrating is gross to me.

I was thinking that the get together would be less about a ruse to snag some DNA, and more about maybe getting her in a relaxed environment and talking to and about people she knows to see if she slips up and indicates that she's not who she says she is. That kind of thing. I do agree that the thought of celebrating is gross, that's why I'm kind of in a wait-and-see mode since the tenor of the thing and how it comes about would be a factor (for me) in evaluating just how gross it is. I don't really have high expectations, haha.

7 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Also, forget DNA analysis why wouldn't anyone dig up her grave to see if shes there.

Or just contact Sara to see if she did what "Laurel" is saying she did? I mean, we know Felicity knows how to contact Sara - she did it just two episodes ago.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Or just contact Sara to see if she did what "Laurel" is saying she did? I mean, we know Felicity knows how to contact Sara - she did it just two episodes ago.

Remember, they can only talk to each other at crossover time. There's a no-communication-between-shows shield in place at all other times. 

I figure we'll have a better idea of how accurate that summary is once the CW releases a new promo and the photos for 510. (But that didn't happen until January last year, right?)

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Remember, they can only talk to each other at crossover time. There's a no-communication-between-shows shield in place at all other times. 

I figure we'll have a better idea of how accurate that summary is once the CW releases a new promo and the photos for 510. (But that didn't happen until January last year, right?)

We don't have the synopsis for the episode either, I guess that will be released maybe first week of January and promo pics a week or two before it.

Why contact Sara when you can do it all your own stupid way?

It just seems weird to have Rene and Rory there when they didn't even know her.  "See, on Team Arrow you can die but you always come back to life after!"

But then we wouldn't get Oliver being stupidly hopeful about a return he should absolutely question, and he wouldn't get to say dumb things like that he could help E2 Laurel get back in touch with her good side, or that he was going to keep her close in case there's any bit of Laurel (he didn't even know) left in her. It would be throwing away a perfectly good opportunity to retcon Laurel's importance to Oliver while she was alive. Can't have that!

The Laurel retconning is killing me.  They wrote her all over the place when she was alive but it's nothing compared to this.

It's also killing Oliver as a character.  Is it guilt?  It shouldn't be because he always tried to keep her out of the fighting.  Is it because he really loved her pre-island?  None of his actions in season 1 - 4 suggest that, much less the flashbacks as he repeatedly cheated on and lied to her.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I think it'll probably be January 4th-ish, and if Suzanne Gomez has anything to do with it, will read something like: 

A FALLEN HERO RETURNS - 

With Laurel miraculously back from the dead, Oliver celebrates her reappearance in his life. The team throws her a welcome home party, but Felicity suspects everything isn't what it seems. Diggle decides to fight for his freedom, and Oliver secures his representation with an unlikely alliance. Prometheus makes another move. 

Meanwhile, in the flashbacks: bloobedy blah blah, bloobedy blah.

• Love 18

I think it'll probably be January 4th-ish, and if Suzanne Gomez has anything to do with it, will read something like: 

A FALLEN HERO RETURNS - 

With Laurel miraculously back from the dead, Oliver celebrates her reappearance in his life. The team throws her a welcome home party, but Felicity suspects everything isn't what it seems. Diggle decides to fight for his freedom, and Oliver secures his representation with an unlikely alliance. Prometheus makes another move. 

It's almost like you can see into the future. :)

• Love 4

A FALLEN HERO RETURNS - 

...But Felicity is suspicious and secretly investigates her while everyone else is celebrating Laurel's return....

(Has she ever been nice to Felicity other than when she's quoting someone else?)

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

You know, I could see Oliver wanting to find some bit of Laurel in BS if we weren't dealing with a Laurel of another Earth, but a Laurel of another timeline. If this was a Laurel who had become who she is because of some event that happened in recent years (say, if Laurel had turned evil following Tommy or Sara's death), but everything else was the same about her and the Laurel they knew up to that point. But all they're going to know about E-2 Laurel is what she tells them.

• Love 1

Reading a quick summary of Vigilante, appearently he gets darker and more violent following his involvement in the death of a police officer. If they follow that line, I would chalk it up to more evidence of a Felicity/Vigilante team up.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Reading a quick summary of Vigilante, appearently he gets darker and more violent following his involvement in the death of a police officer. If they follow that line, I would chalk it up to more evidence of a Felicity/Vigilante team up.

I would be down with that, might be an interesting dynamic.

• Love 3

After many pages about the NuBC (I sure hope this forum is not counted as internet buzz towards this new character) I have decided for myself that I will not "embrace" any of these new characters and relationships if they can only happen by sidelining the established ones. I would like for the NuBC not to be anyones love interest but... When was the last time something like this happened? Amanda Waller? Who else?

Right now I'm only interested in Felicity Smoak and John Diggle.  Maybe Thea and Lance too if they get off their island (mayor office, drunk Quentin). Looks like we will get some Lyla in the back half of the season. AMA on twitter. Felicity sure needs a friend and I hope they let Diggle get away from WDong long enough to spend time with his wife and child (still bitter about the switch-girl-for-boy-thing but ok).

• Love 6

Felicity's new frands are going to be Vigilante and...who else? Does Vigilante have any BFFs?

Also:

Do you still love writing John Diggle? This season has really provided David Ramsey some good material to work with.
That’s a great question!  I do love writing Diggle. He’s very straightforward and plainspoken, which I really admire. But I also really enjoy writing Wild Dog this year. He’s a close second right now. I think Rick Gonzales is tremendous and versatile. He’s a blast to write for. The character has a very specific point of view, which is always fun to tackle as a writer."

Yikes, omg. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Felicity's new frands are going to be Vigilante and...who else? Does Vigilante have any BFFs?

Also:

Yikes, omg. 

Hmm, who could it be? So far he doesn't have any associates. Might be someone new she brings in? 

7 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Hmm, who could it be? So far he doesn't have any associates. Might be someone new she brings in? 

I'd laugh if she stole Tina away from the team. I know it won't happen, but imagine: The guys go on a road trip to recruit her and bring her back to Star City, and Felicity goes, "I'll take her." 

I wonder if Vigilante has associates we just haven't met (or they'll make one or two up out of nowhere for the sake of this storyline), or if Felicity could be looking to both Vigilante and ARGUS for her plans. 

• Love 1

How convenient that Felicity moves away from the team and starts associating with others just as they're introducing Tina/new BC. LOL. I suppose I'll finally get Felicity & Friends though so I can't roll my eyes too much tbh. Edit to add: I'd like it if she was allowed new female friends. If it was Tina, even better. I'd LOL.

3 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

A FALLEN HERO RETURNS - 

OMG, I legit thought this was real for a second. I bet this is pretty damn close to accurate. Haha.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

How convenient that Felicity moves away from the team and starts associating with others just as they're introducing Tina/new BC. LOL. I suppose I'll finally get Felicity & Friends though so I can't roll my eyes too much tbh. 

My first thought too. I'm glad Felicity is getting her own storyline and acquaintances outside of the team, but the timing of this is making me nervous. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Yay! Bring on more Felicity and Friends! 

Re: the Diggle question morphing into blather about WD - who do I have to contact to inform them that I have little to no interest in WD? I can pool some money and take out a billboard next to the studios. I can make a sign and picket. Please, stop with the WD promotion. 

All this talk about how there were no sexytimes with Oliver and CP makes me believe it will happen and we'll see it when it does. And then I will vomit in my mouth. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

All this talk about how there were no sexytimes with Oliver and CP makes me believe it will happen and we'll see it when it does. And then I will vomit in my mouth. 

She's gonna blatantly feel up his Bratva tattoo to remind us - again - that she's totally shady about Russia! Get your barf bag ready, friend.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

I really hope this will result in more actual airtime for Felicity and not like 2 scenes where they claim it's an entire arc.

At this point they have managed to wean me off the Olicity ship. I still adore fanfic but fanfic Olicity and cannon Olicity are two entirely different beasts. I don't care who dumbass Oliver hooks up with anymore because I don't think Felicity should be inflicted with him!

• Love 4

Here's everything Matt said about Arrow. On theTV Line FB Live: 

There's a rumor going around that someone's friend's hairdresser's brother got a direct message from Arrow producer Marc Guggenheim that Oliver and Susan had sex in the last episode after she went for the kiss. I spoke to Wendy Mericle -- the other showrunner on Arrow -- and she says Oliver and Susan did not have sex after that...

Someone's asking who is Felicity going to turn to on Arrow as she goes darker. It's not going to be any of the usual people. That's one thing that Wendy Mericle made very clear. Felicity is going down a very different path now and she's not going to be turning to, you know, Oliver, her mom. She's going to find a new set of cohorts to hang with while she deals with her issues.   

• Love 2

I wonder if any of Team Arrow will actually notice Felicity is slipping away from them or whatever. I guess it depends on how this evolves (because it could be that she acts like everything is fine at night with TA and does things herself in the day) but if none of them notice something is up with her, that would be pretty crappy. Though it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. 

• Love 8

At this point, I'm just going to hope that someone (I'm honestly not going to be picky right now) notices Felicity pulling away sooner rather than later. Especially since Felicity has free time during the day (I guess this is why she doesn't have a job this season?) to do her own thing. 

I don't want a scene with, "Huh. Have you noticed that Felicity's been acting strange for the past X months?" "Well, now that you mention it, she's seemed different since that cop that Oliver was so tragically tricked into killing - poor Oliver, are you okay? It wasn't your fault, we're here for you - died."

Didn't BFS say something about 510-512 relating to Felicity's arc? Considering 510 is BS, 511 is finding Tina and 512 is Bratva, I can't fault Felicity for looking for new people. I would too.

• Love 13

I mean, if she teams up with Vigilante and basically makes him a mercenary against Prometheus, and Team Arrow is going after Prometheus, I'm guessing they'll at least be a scene/episode with a liar revealed trope when the team finds out that she's working with other people. Kind of like 317 (only hopefully at least a bit better and more focused on Felicity). 

• Love 1

IF Felicity's "dark" arc with new cohorts is not just being exaggerated as usual, then...for angsty reasons, I kind of don't want anyone to notice her slipping away until she's, like, pretty far gone. And then I want them to freak out when they figure it out, because they fucked up by assuming she was fine, and just seeing her as Ol' Faithful.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 24
Just now, Carrie Ann said:

IF Felicity's "dark" arc with new cohorts is not just being exaggerated as usual, then...for angsty reasons, I kind of don't want anyone to notice her slipping away until she's, like, pretty far gone. And then I want them to freak out when they figure it out, because they fucked up by assuming she was just Ol' Faithful.

Fingers crossed for that to be the "emotionally exhausting, forebodingly dark, joyously unorthodox episode of #Arrow" aka probably 518.

• Love 5

Do you still love writing John Diggle? This season has really provided David Ramsey some good material to work with.
That’s a great question!  I do love writing Diggle. He’s very straightforward and plainspoken, which I really admire. But I also really enjoy writing Wild Dog this year. He’s a close second right now. I think Rick Gonzales is tremendous and versatile. He’s a blast to write for. The character has a very specific point of view, which is always fun to tackle as a writer."

This is awful. "Diggle? Don't know who that is. Never experienced that emotion. Now, about Wild Dog..."

Yikes.

• Love 13