Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Why would Felicity be planning Mayos funeral? She was his not serious GF. Didn't he have family?

Didnt KP say the tweet about Olicity looking for BC wasn't true? I thought there was one twitter account that was baiting Olicity. 

Honestly, this whole episode reads Filler. 

That's kind of insane. Like epic levels of WTF?

Throwing a party for LL in Felicity's home while Dig's in jail and Oliver just killed an innocent man who happens to be Felicity's boyfriend?

Didnt KP say the tweet about Olicity looking for BC wasn't true? I thought there was one twitter account that was baiting Olicity. 

I don't think so, in fact neither CG nor KP were there. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

The more I think about it, Oliver's decision making in this ep seems weird af - choosing Adrien Chase to represent Diggle? Why, because he's the only lawyer left in SC? Don't even get me started on the logistics of asking the SC's DA to represent an accused criminal in a military court (?) ....

Felicity's mourning Mayo's death by Oliver's hands and Oliver's answer to that last ep was to find comfort in Susan's arms and now to throw LL a party??

Also they're throwing LL a welcome back from the dead party after all of SC knew about both her death and that she was BC and they don't foresee any problems with that???

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Also they're throwing LL a welcome back from the dead party after all of SC knew about both her death and that she was BC and they don't foresee any problems with that???

Well like Oliver said in season two to Sara, when you come back from the dead- you get a party. Except in Sara's case her funeral in season three was held at night because according to MG "to the world Sara was already dead". So even if you get a "You're Alive!" party, it doesn't really matter since people will still believe you're dead 6 months later. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Yeh, that's a head scratcher.

Honestly I'm hoping this is wrong or this guy just put a very sloppy summary together. This is just filled with some really dumb things.

I thought having LL sit second chair on Moira's trial while lampshading conflict of interest was stupid but having a DA act as defense attorney in a military trial might actually be worse. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That's kind of insane. Like epic levels of WTF?

Throwing a party for LL in Felicity's home while Dig's in jail and Oliver just killed an innocent man who happens to be Felicity's boyfriend?

I don't think so, in fact neither CG nor KP were there. 

Yeah, I just went thru their twitter feeds and can't find the tweet.

Oliver is a terrible person with Laurel is their most consistent canon.  

1 hour ago, Chaser said:

So this woman in the bar just happens to have the same 'power' all the other canaries have had? What are the odds people.

I thought the woman in the bar was Black Siren - seems like the scene before (with the shouts and gunfire) indicates that she escaped from custody? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LeighAn said:

I'm sorry I trust someone from Reddit posting spoilers as much as I trust Donald Trump with the White House. 

That would be funny if it wasn't so true :-(

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I thought the woman in the bar was Black Siren - seems like the scene before (with the shouts and gunfire) indicates that she escaped from custody? 

Ah that makes more sense.

Is this the tweet you were looking for? 

Also, this episode sounds like more of a mess than normal. I wonder if it's based on some actual info he/she got & sorta filled the blanks? Because that sounds like a big convoluted mess, even for these people. But who knows, maybe they're reaching for new lows. LOL

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

Is this the tweet you were looking for? 

Also, this episode sounds like of a mess than normal. I wonder if it's based on some actual info he/she got & sorta filled the blanks? Because that sounds like a big convoluted mess, even for these people. But who knows, maybe they're reaching for new lows. LOL

I found that one. It was another Olicity tweet that he said was baiting. I just don't remember what it was in regards too.

I'm just confused but what they are doing. BS gets a redemption arc but they don't make her the new BC. They just leave her out there.

4 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I found that one. It was another Olicity tweet that he said was baiting. I just don't remember what it was in regards too.

I'm just confused but what they are doing. BS gets a redemption arc but they don't make her the new BC. They just leave her out there.

From the summary I didn't get a redemption arc feel tbh (but that summary was a hot mess). But I know the author commented that it was & I'm taking that as opinion tbh. I do think the whole point of this episode is to set up Oliver to find Tina in 11, so I don't think it matters what they do w/BS they already have a trajectory in mind that doesn't involve any version LL imo.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 4

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Still batting very nearly .1000 this season. 

Just now, JJ928 said:

From the summary I didn't get a redemption arc fee tbh (but that summary was a hot mess). But I know the author commented that it was & I'm taking that as opinion tbh. I do think the whole point of this episode is to set up Oliver to find Tina in 11, so I don't think it matter what they do w/BS they already have a trajectory in mind that doesn't involve any version LL imo.

Ding ding ding ding ding, we have a winner.

• Love 1

Like even if this person has seen the episode I wouldn't actually trust their interpretation of the episode because REDDIT. There's not a lot of intelligent thought there. 

I mean so much doesn't add up. One minute Felicity is letting Black Siren escape and then randomly later on Oliver is asking Siren not to kill Felicity - how did she get Felicity why did she attack Felicity?

Also why and how does Prometheus know about parrallel worlds or the Legends to even first recruit Black Siren and then concoct her back story. And exactly what purpose was Orometheus and Black Siren trying to achieve. Like seriously Siren says Prometheus black mailed or forced her into helping him but to do what? And why if she has an actual sonic cry that could kill Prometheus would Black Siren key her self be blackmailed/forced into helping Prometheus.

Theres justs plot holes up to the wazoo. 

Like Ill eat my words if it's all true but honestly I have no trust in the accuracy of reddit people posting spoilers or in the event that they did have spoilers that they would be able interpret them in an objective way.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, lexicon said:

The more I think about it, Oliver's decision making in this ep seems weird af - choosing Adrien Chase to represent Diggle? Why, because he's the only lawyer left in SC? Don't even get me started on the logistics of asking the SC's DA to represent an accused criminal in a military court (?) ....

Felicity's mourning Mayo's death by Oliver's hands and Oliver's answer to that last ep was to find comfort in Susan's arms and now to throw LL a party??

They're pretty much writing Oliver as a psychopath. I don't get it, obviously, but I think they're just that stupid.

IRL Chase wouldn't be allowed anywhere near a military tribunal for about 1000 different reasons.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

So the supposed new "BC" that Emily and Stephen were filming with during 5x10 was actually BS if we follow the reddit spoiler? 

I don't remember anyone talking about a new BC in 510.  I think most of us assumed that was BS.  Most of the speculation I remember seeing about new BC had her starting in 511. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

From the summary I didn't get a redemption arc feel tbh (but that summary was a hot mess). But I know the author commented that it was & I'm taking that as opinion tbh. I do think the whole point of this episode is to set up Oliver to find Tina in 11, so I don't think it matters what they do w/BS they already have a trajectory in mind that doesn't involve any version LL imo.

I agree. I'm just flabbergasted by the way they choose to get there.

I doubt that Chase will have much to do with Diggle's storyline after this initial pitch if it's true. There will probably be some lucky break that proves his innocence so they can move on from that. Besides, Chase is busy being Vigilante and the DA and apparently doing both jobs (unlike a certain mayor). How much extra time could he have to really help Diggle?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

So the supposed new "BC" that Emily and Stephen were filming with during 5x10 was actually BS if we follow the reddit spoiler? 

Just now, Starfish35 said:

I don't remember anyone talking about a new BC in 510.  I think most of us assumed that was BS.  Most of the speculation I remember seeing about new BC had her starting in 511. 

The paps talked about it..CG very specifically said it was NOT Laurel, Sara or Evelyn and then later stated it was not Laurel as BS.

So yeah, either the Paps got something completely wrong and it was BS all along (which I've been saying forever) or this summary has something wrong.

3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

The paps talked about it..CG very specifically said it was NOT Laurel, Sara or Evelyn and then later stated it was not Laurel as BS.

So yeah, either the Paps got something completely wrong and it was BS all along (which I've been saying forever) or this summary has something wrong.

They talked about it specifically in 510? Or in general?

2 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

5x11 has a boys roadtrip to find Tina. 

Could be after they recruit her. Maybe she splits and they go looking for her, would make some sense with his tweet.

42 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I read it as the gunfire and screams going with the flashback scene where Talia appears.  I think the woman at the end is supposed to be unknown to the audience.  

• Love 1

I'm a bit skeptical because - Reddit, but it also seems to be about on par with other story telling decisions this year. However, I don't get the party aspect AT ALL. That makes no sense to me.

I keep waiting for spoilers or episode descriptions that will get me excited about the show again, and then we get this. Womp womp. Well, that frees up another Wednesday in January. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I read it as the gunfire and screams going with the flashback scene where Talia appears.  I think the woman at the end is supposed to be unknown to the audience.  

Yeah, totally could be - I thought there was a scene change before the Talia thing, but I just reread and there isn't one indicated. I also thought that Black Siren was going to show up on The Flash next? I figured that scene was just an indication that she'd escaped to explain why she's there although I suppose she could show up in Central City still in ARGUS custody. Do they not have a Star City branch? Like...where does Lyla work?

Having the person who's going to be recruited as the new Black Canary miraculously have the same characteristic as the the Canaries who came before her is completely stupid, so it makes sense that it would happen here. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, totally could be - I thought there was a scene change before the Talia thing, but I just reread and there isn't one indicated. I also thought that Black Siren was going to show up on The Flash next? I figured that scene was just an indication that she'd escaped to explain why she's there although I suppose she could show up in Central City still in ARGUS custody. Do they not have a Star City branch? Like...where does Lyla work?

Having the person who's going to be recruited as the new Black Canary miraculously have the same characteristic as the the Canaries who came before her is completely stupid, so it makes sense that it would happen here. 

Maybe the person in the bar is Talia? 

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Maybe the person in the bar is Talia? 

I don't think so - it seems like (if the spoiler is correct) she's already revealed herself to Oliver so there wouldn't be any mystery there. Plus the guys would need a reason to go on a road trip to find Tina - I guess maybe there's a rumor about a chick with a sonic scream or something? LOL

• Love 2
1 minute ago, calliope1975 said:

I am interested in Tina and a bit in Talia just to see what they do with the character. I still think there's potential here. 

I've enjoyed Lexa Doig in other things. I'd be open to Tina as well if I were still watching the show. I think she's gorgeous, and while she wasn't a standout in TWD, I don't remember her being bad, either. 

• Love 2
Just now, calliope1975 said:

I am interested in Tina and a bit in Talia just to see what they do with the character. I still think there's potential here. 

Same, plus JH seems like a lot of fun, but if Tina is a metahuman then I have to admit that's a bit of a turn-off for the character for me. Still interested, but Ragman and a metahuman BC is kind of too much.

• Love 1
Just now, LeighAn said:

Also isn't Lyla in this episode helping Felicity track down Prometheus trainer? And yet she isnt mentioned.

The person has apparently very accurately spoiled things in the past. I think he probably focused on what interested him, not everything that happened, and the various holes are partly bc he's not a good summary writer and partly bc Guggie's the king of plot holes.

• Love 2

I too am still slightly skeptical of these spoilers, because, well, as @calliope1975 said, it's Reddit.  But I guess if this person does have a proven track record........

I'm just sitting here wondering why it never even occurred to me that they might make Tina a metahuman.  Huh. 

• Love 2

Well, if Tina is a meta human with a power that's like tech used by a Canary in the past and if she's the new BC, it wouldn't be a stretch for them to have her take on a Canary identity even though she didn't know the Lances, I guess. So very convenient. 

But if she is a meta, gotta love the "back to basics" with one team member having magical rags and another being a meta. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I'm just sitting here wondering why it never even occurred to me that they might make Tina a metahuman.  Huh. 

Bc that's the second-biggest thing LL fans wanted for her, and you didn't realize Guggie & Co. would be THAT cruel to her fans.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Also isn't Lyla in this episode helping Felicity track down Prometheus trainer? And yet she isnt mentioned.

Oliver mentioned in the scene they released that she's helping Felicity track down Prometheus's mother - I don't think anything is coming of that storyline for a little while, so she doesn't need to be present. She doesn't even really need to be present if/when they do find her, really. 

Edited by apinknightmare

If this person has spoiled things accurately in the past why have we never heard of them before? 

I'm not saying it's 100% not possible just that this is Reddit- when has that ever been a place that anyone would trust their opinions on. It's pretty much the worst.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

If this person has spoiled things accurately in the past why have we never heard of them before? 

No clue - but you don't have to take anyone's word for it. You can actually view his past posts on reddit and see the other spoilers he's posted.

• Love 2