Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Unless she turns to the team to help with the corruption. A lot of cops are dying and Lance right now isn't a help in that department. She doesnt need a mask to help them, because she is performing her job as a cop hunting down bad guys. 

1 hour ago, romantic idiot said:

There is precedence. Smallville: Chlark. 

Also to posters from a while back arguing that they couldn't give a character all the traits of an iconic character then, without bts shenanigans, hand the mantle over to an inferior actress who only had the name - see Smallville: Chlois.

This.

Not to offend as I suspect there are a few Chloe/Chlark fans here but I really don't think Oliver and Felicity are in anyway comparable to Chlark mainly because other then the odd ship tease I personally never got the impression the Smallville writers were ever intending to explore Chlark romantically in any serious way, if your precedence is that they dropped Chlark for Clana/Clois. 

The Arrow writers are a whole different team from the Smallville writers with different story game plans and intentions. For instance the Arrow writers had Oliver and Felicity begin with a meet cute and slightly flirtatious encounters, then partnership, then friendship, then had them both get jealous over one another, had Oliver break his no kill vow for Felicity, had them go on a uber romantic date, had Oliver see his first kiss with Felicity before he died, had ILUs, the sex, the running away together, living together and being in an actual relationship, the proposal and fake out wedding.

In comparison Chlark was established as friends from the start and other then the occasional kiss or longing glance or subtle attraction/jealously between the two Clark pretty much friend zoned Chloe for most the series and to be honest took her for granted most the time.

Olicity have been far more established as a romantic pairing as THE romantic pairing in the show that Chlark never really got is all I'm saying. 

I agree that Chloe lost her place on the show to Lois but I see it as similar to Sara/Laurel she was written to be a high school version of Lois Lane and then when they got their actual Lois Lane Because Comics! meant they took back Chloe's character traits to give to Lois. 

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 8

I really like the idea that Rory's Ragman get-up ties into the Sin Eater story.  There's so much potential in terms of Oliver, Diggle and now Felicity.  I wonder how good these new writers are.

Just to add a note of humour into the proceedings, Matt Mitovich finally got fed up with Felicity hate posts:

Matt Webb Mitovich commented on Arrow Tragedy Will Push Felicity to a Darker, 'Morally Questionable' Place.

in response to MB:   Boring! Over exposure to Felicity is what burnt a good portion of fans out on the character and Olicity. I thought they learned and course corrected following the pacing FUBAR with Smoak melodrama at the end of S4. Guess not.

Blindspot is supposed to be quite good.

I thought of the red pen scene as ship-baiting not in the sense that Olicity is dead but because it teases Olicity as the present day storyline is writing away from it.  Here', we'll throw you a bone so you'll keep watching while we do what we want to do.

7 hours ago, AyChihuahua said:

Another reason the flashback could mean nothing...he already did propose. I mean if it was foreshadowing from S1? It already happened. He went down on one knee. It happened, and NOW, in present time, it's over.

If this were English class, or PSYCH 2015: Analysis of Memories, I'd say that Oliver went down on one knee 1. to remind the audience that he proposed last season and there was a wedding flashback the previous episode and 2. that Oliver is still romantically tied to Felicity because he remembers himself in a classic proposal situation when what probably happened is that he just stooped down to pick up the pen.

6 hours ago, tv echo said:

I don't think that Oliver & Felicity will get back together this season. I don't know if Tina will be Oliver's love interest, but she'll be somebody's love interest. (Like I said before, I think Tina will join Team Arrow this season, but they may wait until next season before hooking her up with anybody.) I think the EPs are planning for the show to last another few years and are leaving all options open in terms of a romantic endgame for Oliver.

If EBR stays on the show, it pretty much has to be Olicity endgame for Oliver because they're never going to reproduce that chemistry with anyone else.  But maybe they are keeping their options open in terms of DC directives.  MG and WM were so firm in their avowals that the death would be permanent, and also gave them impression that they hadn't figured out yet what Laurel's last words were, that this really does feel like DCs hands are all over it.

5 hours ago, way2interested said:

At least with Rory (probably not Rene because he's in the trip in 511 and he's had nothing to do with Felicity all season) it would make partial sense in the narrative, get a bouncing off for Felicity's thoughts, and would kind of look like to me that he'd be a support in her story rather than her story being defaulted to Oliver's (even though it would have to coincide at some point). Then again, my whole post is pretty far ahead thinking, so it's basically all guesswork.

It would be a nice quid pro quo for episode 5.04 when she was the one supplying the foundation for his story. But I'm not holding my breath.

5 hours ago, GirlvsTV said:

I'd be much less skeptical about O/F reuniting if it were not for MG and SA's recent attitude problems, combined with the imminent introduction of NuBC. I just think if O/F were still in the cards they would've found a much more diplomatic way to address those questions, especially after the show came back with no buzz and lower ratings.

Diplomacy is not exactly in MG's wheelhouse, nor is subtlety, and SA is prone to hissy fits.   I still think it's frustration that we're not patiently waiting for them to tell their story, we're talking back instead.

It's too bad the Felicity/darkness spoiler wasn't released right after the last episode aired (instead of teasing "How is Laurel in the bunker?" which is going to cause a lot of anger). I think a lot of bad feeling could have been avoided.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Just to add a note of humour into the proceedings, Matt Mitovich finally got fed up with Felicity hate posts:

I noticed he deleted at least one.  I can't remember exactly what it said but it was like the third or fourth comment after the article went up, and it was fairly hateful toward Felicity.  The next time I looked at the comments that one was gone.

• Love 1

Yay for Felicity being sceptical about "Laurel".

With talks of ship baiting, and Rory and Curtis being brought up, do you think they will crank up their scenes now that Paul is not around? Because I don't know what that schnapps scene was if not flirting?

• Love 2

Oliver is probably like I just saw her in an alien induced dream, this must be a christmas gift....or not. How many want to take bets if Lance will even be informed? Also will her grave be dug? Will the person Felicity punches be Black Siren?

Felicity doing her own vigilante stuff has me intrigued. Cue in the complaints that this means shes away from the team. I for one am excited, her being away for a bit doing her own thing whether good or bad is a good character development. Although I don't think shell physically be away from her Arrow duties.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

A "9"? Probably more like a 3/4.

Oliver is not that bright. People coming back from the dead should be side-eyed.

Tina isn't going to be BC, Felicity is....This.Is.A.Joke.

You know I was going to make that exact joke yesterday but, got distracted by life. By the time I had a free moment the TV Line article was out ?

14 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Tina isn't going to be BC, Felicity is....This.Is.A.Joke.

Haha I didn't see your last bit and freaked the crap out. I was like "NOooooooo they're going to turn her into a mask like those wretched Vampire shows inevitably turning their longstanding only human into a vamp."

Tweet from Brian Ford Sullivan:
Malone's death uncorks what Felicity bottled up (re: Havenrock). Events in 510-512 force her to re-examine her life (or lack of) as of late.

Do you think this means dark!Felicity lasts only a few episodes or does this mean the beginnings of her arc?

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Oliver is probably like I just saw her in an alien induced dream, this must be a christmas gift....or not. How many want to take bets if Lance will even be informed? Also will her grave be dug? Will the person Felicity punches be Black Siren?

Felicity doing her own vigilante stuff has me intrigued. Cue in the complaints that this means shes away from the team. I for one am excited, her being away for a bit doing her own thing whether good or bad is a good character development. Although I don't think shell physically be away from her Arrow duties.

I've been wondering about Laurel's grave. Though I don't think we need to see dead Laurel like we saw dead Sara in S4. One dead Lance in her grave is enough. I just hope someone (maybe Felicity, if she's skeptical?) brings up checking the grave.

If Lance is still in rehab, he probably won't be told? Especially if they figure out it's Black Siren before he's out? They might just figure they'll skip telling him because they don't want him to relapse/maybe they'll remember his heart/etc. Maybe they won't even bring him up in relation to "Laurel."

Thinking about it, Felicity can probably do her own vigilante stuff during the day since she still doesn't have a job. Oliver's off being mayor. Thea's working. Diggle's in prison. (Maybe the photo of the guys in the loft with champagne is from the celebration after he's freed? And even once he's out, he'll probably get a job/be busy with his family/etc.) Curtis will probably be sad over Paul leaving. Rory can be building stuff. Rene will be doing whatever Rene does during the day. (I doubt he'd notice anyway.) No one will be around to notice/be suspicious of Felicity doing whatever she'll be doing. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

How many want to take bets if Lance will even be informed?

Since he's either in rehab or fresh out of it and probably not emotionally equipped to handle another daughter coming back from the dead who's likely gonna wind up not being his daughter, then I hope they don't tell him. Of course, because of those reasons this will probably be the time they actually do, haha. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

Can't exactly blame Oliver for thinking/believing Laurel is back considering we've reached diminishing returns on Lance sisters coming back from the dead. It's almost a normal yearly event now. I'm glad someone is at least skeptical about it though. 

I wonder if Quentin will be told or will see her because otherwise what exactly is the point of PB staying on the show? He's barely had any screen time. Seems utterly pointless, IMO. Gotta give him something to do.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

Tweet from Brian Ford Sullivan:
Malone's death uncorks what Felicity bottled up (re: Havenrock). Events in 510-512 force her to re-examine her life (or lack of) as of late.

Do you think this means dark!Felicity lasts only a few episodes or does this mean the beginnings of her arc?

I'm assuming he ended with 512 because that was the question.  

• Love 2

Also: I'm glad that Brian Fod Sullivan's tweet connects the darker Felicity storyline to her trauma from Havenrock and presumably everything else that happened to her last season, not just to Mayo's death. I hope they address her behavior/choices in 5A in the show, instead of leaving it up to the audience to guess that she was dealing with PTSD the whole time.

• Love 12

I'd also like them to bring up what Felicity went through last year. Don't they remember how she wanted to help people with the same chip that allows her to walk? So far, the only time I think they've even addressed what happened to her is that quick flash of Oliver's in 508 when he's holding her right after the shooting. She was paralyzed last year. She lost her job last year. Show that this is a culmination of all of that. Have someone fill Rory and Rene in on it since they weren't there. Just acknowledge it, show. Come on. 

• Love 11

Yeah, I am much more interested in the darker/morally questionable/vigilante Felicity storyline now that it seems to tie to Havenrock and to (I hope) the fact that she's not living a full life right now, and that Mayo was a distraction from that. To me, diving deeper into vigilante stuff (esp morally questionable vigilante stuff) isn't the solution to that problem, so I'm hoping that figuring that out is part of her arc in 5B.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

I'm not sure if you're serious or joking, but oh please please please please let this happen. :)

I was being 100% serious...I mean it's no coincidence that she punches someone in that episode and they say shes the most skeptical about LL/BS

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

I was being 100% serious...I mean it's no coincidence that she punches someone in that episode and they say shes the most skeptical about LL/BS

That would be amazing.  Felicity, you might bring me back to this show again (she did the first time I quit after Sara's death).

• Love 3

Do we know if Susan is going to be in 510? I'd wondered if it might be Susan who Felicity punches, but I'll take "Laurel"/Black Siren, too.

Brian's tweet definitely upped my interest in Felicity's story. Still don't want to raise my hopes too high because, well, been burned too many times by the writers. But tied to Havenrock and 5A? I'm all for that. Still not excited about her being drawn away from the team, but I hope you guys are right when you said it might be more emotional than physical. I do want her arc to last until the finale (heard a very interesting spec about Prometheus, Felicity and Oliver and the whole no-killing/killing issue that I want to see happen) and not be limited to three episodes, like her arcs have been in the past. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

You know I was going to make that exact joke yesterday but, got distracted by life. By the time I had a free moment the TV Line article was out ?

It's completely ridiculous but there is like 1% of me that is a little concerned they would go there. That Tina is just a red herring while they turn Felicity into a Black Canary/Oracle hybrid.

Guggie said that Felicity was definitely not getting a mask.  Do you believe him?

Between the movies and the comics reboot, they need a female fighter in the lair and it doesn't look like Thea will be back suiting up any time soon.  Unlike the mix and match masks of season 3 and 5A, there's a distinct place for Tina.  (Now I'm worrying that she'll displace Felicity in terms of screen time.  We were usually promised a Felicity story arc whenever they went strong on the Laurel episodes post Christmas.)

40 minutes ago, Chaser said:

It's completely ridiculous but there is like 1% of me that is a little concerned they would go there. That Tina is just a red herring while they turn Felicity into a Black Canary/Oracle hybrid.

I think one of the only things MG will ever stick to is his adamance that Felicity won't ever get a mask. The world and its wife will get a mask but Felicity never will. 

I really don't think I'll ever need to eat a hat for saying that. Haha.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Do we know if Susan is going to be in 510? I'd wondered if it might be Susan who Felicity punches, but I'll take "Laurel"/Black Siren, too.

I don't think we've got any confirmation on when she'll appear next, but I would guess at least in or before 512 since it seems to be bringing the flashback/Bratva/Russian plot into the present and Susan is on of the main connections to that. Although I would love to see that happen especially Oliver finally acknowledges/finds out her ulterior motives.

Now that I think about it, they'll have to wrap up that subplot at some point probably soon. I mean, going into 512, we'll have Oliver's plot, the flashbacks, getting Diggle out of prison, Felicity's plot, Rene's secret kid stuff, introducing/developing Tina, finishing the Vigilante plot, not to mention whatever they do with Thea, Lance, Curtis, and Rory (or even Evelyn if they decide to go back to her at some point). A bunch of this stuff can overlap, but I would think that the writers would want to end certain threads (like they wrapped up Evelyn's betrayal, Felicity's bf, Rory's subplot/Felicity with Havenrock set-up apparently, etc.) before delving more into the other later stuff, like Tina and Vigilante.

• Love 1

I'm confused (not unusual) between Mericle's quotes in The TVLine article and BFS's tweets.  Is Felicity doing her own form of morally questionable vigilanting, targeting Prometheus (WM) in 5.10-5.12 as well as working with Oliver & Friends? It takes her away from the team (Cue boys only road trip in 5.11).  If she's doing both it leaves her no time for a life.  Then In 5.12 or so she reexamines her life (or lack thereof) per BFS. Ha! I just realized this COULD lead to an Olicity reunion in Feb sweeps which ends with episode 5.15 Mar 1.  This of course assumes she chooses not to move on from Oliver (& Friends).  They could of course go the other way too. Not sure where that would lead.  

I think Tina will be suiting up.  I think she'll be a canary of some sort.  Beyond that I don't know.  I am curious if Thea will ever suit up again.  Suiting up in 5.09 doesn't really count because all she did was stand on a rooftop with Oliver and have a conversation.  Maybe she will for the finale,  an all hands on deck sort of thing.  WM said at SDCC they needed JB/MM for the 2nd half of the season.  You need an LOA trained fighter to fight LOA (Talia) trained fighter(s).    

33 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Guggie said that Felicity was definitely not getting a mask.  Do you believe him?

Between the movies and the comics reboot, they need a female fighter in the lair and it doesn't look like Thea will be back suiting up any time soon.  Unlike the mix and match masks of season 3 and 5A, there's a distinct place for Tina.  (Now I'm worrying that she'll displace Felicity in terms of screen time.  We were usually promised a Felicity story arc whenever they went strong on the Laurel episodes post Christmas.)

For all this worry about Tina taking Felicity's place, what about Thea's? 

WHs screentime is down more than EBRs, she was the only other female fighter and have we heard anything substantial about Theas storyline? Maybe they are looking to write Thea out and replace Speedy.

• Love 9

I'm wondering about both Thea's and Lance's futures on the show, honestly. 

How are they going to do this with MM? Because he's currently gallivanting through time with the Legion of Doom (although I'm not sure exactly where in the timeline they pulled him from).  You can have him back though, Arrow.  I won't hate! :)

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

I feel like they'll keep having Thea sporadically suit up as Speedy and have her give half-assed excuses as to why ("Aliens!" "Uh, Felicity's boyfriend I never met is missing even though I'm going to do nothing but stand here on this roof!"). Maybe she'll suit up again in 511 while the guys are off on their road trip, so she'll be covering for Oliver in both his day and night jobs.

I really wish they'd give Thea and Lance (but no more drinking/mourning a dead daughter for him please!) something to do in 5B.

• Love 2

Well, Lance is sharing scenes with Rene in 5.12.  SA was excited about that.  I know in the 100th BTS video w/SA, EBR, WH PB, EK & RG, RG (Rene) was dressed in a suit & tie.  Maybe Oliver or Lance gave Rene a job. :-) There was a tweet recently that had SA, WH, PB, RG & JS on location.

I don't think they've ever known what to do about Thea past the adolescent rebellion.  She's either someone's daughter, or Oliver's sister or Quentin's pseudo-daughter.

Oliver's reaction to "Laurel" returning is a '9' on the emotional scale -- the last thing the guy needs after having said goodbye to his parents and Laurel in the dream world and then killing Billy is to see Laurel and have the chance of having her in his life only to have that torn away again.  You'd think they would give the poor guy a break.

On the other hand,given the number of times the Lance sisters have returned from the dead much less all the other people who have, it's got to be a desensitization exercise by now.

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to Oliver dropping Susan like a hot potato when he sees Laurel.

• Love 2

Just my speculation that Oliver won't have time for Susan when he's going to be involved in dealing with having Laurel back and then figuring out what's going on.  Between that, Prometheus, and finding Tina, he won't have time for Susan.  I hope. If he needs someone to go to to make himself feel better, he'll have Laurel.   The whole "Susan is duping Oliver" storyline makes me feel like the writers think that I'm the fool

Edited by statsgirl

I am cautiously excited for Felicity doing her own vigilante thing on the side. I took Brian's comment as whatever happens in 10-12 is what'll give her the push to go off on her own. Now, I could be totally wrong and I have been many times lol. It wouldn't be the first time they wrapped up her arc in a couple episodes. But I was thinking of what this new path for her could be and I had some ideas.

Her doing her own morally questionable vigilante thing got me thinking (which is never good because I'm usually let down lol). We know Felicity isn't a fighter so she's not gonna pull a Laurel. She's not gonna put on a ski mask and try to take down baddies with a bat, that won't ever be her trajectory according to MG. Since Felicity is all tech, and we already know she's done questionable things in the past, what if her way of bringing down Prometheus is getting other criminals to help? We know Felicity gathers info, what if for the past few years she's been working on documenting the activity of crime organizations in Star City? One of the paps said China White (Triad) is coming back, I think it's safe to say Anatoly will make his way to Star City, & I'm sure there are other organized crime groups she's acquired information on.This could be something she started in order to eventually take them down but maybe now she'll use it to blackmail them into finding and stopping Prometheus. Maybe she'll start to doubt her work w/Team Arrow if she sees controlling criminals brings better results (and less danger to those she cares about). It could be an interesting path for her, since she really hasn't had an arc that really tested her morality.

I know I am reaching lol. This is my positive best case scenario spec lol.

• Love 15
8 hours ago, LeighAn said:

I think the sides helped form the basis of people's perception that Tina is Black Canary and Olivers love interest. If you took those completely out of the equation there's not a lot of, almost nothing, evidence to support either her being Black Canary or romantically involved with Oliver.

I don't agree that the sides are the only or even really any evidence she'll be BC. But I've listed four pieces of evidence: Guggie's interview with the words "Black Canary," Laurel Lance's actual dying words, various paps, and Steve's sudden interest in the BC. 

There's also some evidence of her being an LI, but I'm not going to get into that here.

I would laugh forever if Reporter got such a bad reaction they try and pretend she never existed. Nope, nothing to see here, move along. 

If BSLaurel is working for Prometheus, that might explain the Felicity/Prometheus interaction. If Felicity is suspicious of BS she may be investigating all possible explanations. I hope she is investigating for that matter and it's not just a conversation between her and Oliver.

The more I hear about 5x10, the more awkward it sounds. Oliver just happy to see his old friend and Felicity being like 'no dude'. All this emotion only to be played for a fool. Idk about this.

• Love 2

I would say it's really smart. Scatter the forces then toss a grenade. Maybe Prometheus planted a camera that Evelyn didn't know about in case she was ever caught? 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2

Pretty sure Prometheus will have more tricks up his sleeve. He got Felicity, will haunt Oliver with Laurel, mess with Diggle, then Thea, and maybe get one of the newbies too. 

This is the first time in a long while I felt a villain was intelligent. Slade was scary because of his brute force, Damien had magic, Ra's was... umm lol... The last time we had an intelligent villain was season 1 with Malcolm. So IMO it's interesting to see the show pair up brute strength as well as intelligence. I'm honestly curious to see where he's going to go next in order to torture Oliver

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

This is the first time in a long while I felt a villain was intelligent. Slade was scary because of his brute force, Damien had magic, Ra's was... umm lol... The last time we had an intelligent villain was season 1 with Malcolm. So IMO it's interesting to see the show pair up brute strength as well as intelligence. I'm honestly curious to see where he's going to go next in order to torture Oliver

Yeah, I actually really like him as the big bad this year. I know a bunch of people were bummed out with the idea that he's (or he presumably is if there's another twist coming) a shoehorned s1 reference, but I didn't really care because I think they're executing him really well regardless. I'm kind of wondering where the big May plot will be after coming off of the hints of 509. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, JJ928 said:

I am cautiously excited for Felicity doing her own vigilante thing on the side. I took Brian's comment as whatever happens in 10-12 is what'll give her the push to go off on her own. Now, I could be totally wrong and I have been many times lol. It wouldn't be the first time they wrapped up her arc in a couple episodes. But I was thinking of what this new path for her could be and I had some ideas.

Her doing her own morally questionable vigilante thing got me thinking (which is never good because I'm usually let down lol). We know Felicity isn't a fighter so she's not gonna pull a Laurel. She's not gonna put on a ski mask and try to take down baddies with a bat, that won't ever be her trajectory according to MG. Since Felicity is all tech, and we already know she's done questionable things in the past, what if her way of bringing down Prometheus is getting other criminals to help? We know Felicity gathers info, what if for the past few years she's been working on documenting the activity of crime organizations in Star City? One of the paps said China White (Triad) is coming back, I think it's safe to say Anatoly will make his way to Star City, & I'm sure there are other organized crime groups she's acquired information on.This could be something she started in order to eventually take them down but maybe now she'll use it to blackmail them into finding and stopping Prometheus. Maybe she'll start to doubt her work w/Team Arrow if she sees controlling criminals brings better results (and less danger to those she cares about). It could be an interesting path for her, since she really hasn't had an arc that really tested her morality.

I know I am reaching lol. This is my positive best case scenario spec lol.

I actually really love this spec. It reminds me of the "Bitch with wifi" scene from season 2

Reminds me of an old x-files episode where a computer gains sentience and ends up sending criminals messages via cell phone etc to meet up at a location. Well essentially you end up having these rival gangsters show up at the same spot and it's just a blood bath, they all kill each other. Morally questionable to be sure but they were all presumably bad dudes.

i could see something similar, where she uses her tech to play criminals against each other and Prometheus.

Personally I would find that kinda story very interesting.

• Love 3

Here are my last comments on the whole New BC issue (at least until we get new spoilers)...

First, if Tina does join the team, then she'll need a suit. So is the show going to design her a new costume or just give her the old BC costume to wear?  And if she wears Laurel's old costume, then won't the public/criminals believe that she's BC?  (Btw, I think that Thea will rejoin the team because they've got this great Speedy costume sitting unused there.)

Second, remember that Laurel's requested promise to Oliver changed over the summer...

• In the SDCC highlight reel in July, Laurel: "I need you to promise me something. Your instinct has always been to go it alone. Ollie, you can't." 
  • In 501 in October, Laurel: "Please... please don't let me be the last Canary. That way, a part of me will always be out there with you."

Something changed between those two times - something having to do with this season's storyline. I don't know what, but something.

Third, if TPTB are thinking very long term, they may be creating a 'Dread Pirate Roberts' template for the future. At some point, SA could step down as the GA and they could segue into Connor Hawke or someone else as the GA (time travel or alternate universes would allow Connor to step into present day).  In setting up for that, they have someone else take over the BC moniker now, to make the point that it's the symbol that's important, not the person behind the symbol (that's Batman-esque, isn't it?). That fits in with the legacy theme as well.

ETA: I hate it when someone purports to speak for "a good portion of the fans" or "most fans" or "the majority of the fans" without any statistical evidence whatsoever to back it up.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 7

Transcription of Arrow spoilers from TVLine's Ask Ausiello facebook video (posted by @JJ928 in Spoilers thread)...

-- Matt Mitovich: "On a scale of 1 to 10, Laurel is going to be a 9 on the emotional wallop scale. That's what Wendy Mericle told me earlier today. Um, and she said specifically the Laurel storyline - or should we say 'Laurel' (using air quotes) - I dunno, depends on what you believe. (Other person asked, "Who is she?") ... That will be revealed. And, but, uh, that storyline as a whole will do a - will have an emotional resonance as a whole for not just Oliver, but Oliver and Felicity. Felicity, actually, is going to be the biggest skeptic about 'Laurel' (using air quotes), um, while Oliver's a little bit more into seeing his old friend again, under whatever circumstances he thinks she came back." 

-- Matt Mitovich: "Dark times coming up for Felicity... But yes, Felicity is headed for darker times. As a result of all that's been going on, she's gonna kinda break away from the team and, uh, do her own morally questionable vigilante type stuff."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

DC just announced a new all-female film called Gotham City Sirens. Margot Robbie is the only confirmed star so far, but maybe it's the reason Geoff Johns brought back KC? (Not that I think she'll be in the film, but maybe to raise awareness for the BC character?)