Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Yep sounds like DarkWillow arch which could be a good thing for Olicity if they have Oliver be the one to bring her back from the edge.

I find it funny that the first tease for next season is about Felicity. I'm guessing the writers are going into damage control after the response to the MSF. 

I too don't get the impression that this is Smoak Technology and honestly I'd think if it were that would be more the writers trying to isolate her for the benefit of Tina but it sounds like she is going to be going after Prometheus on her own and maybe chasing leads without consulting the Team or Oliver. Which really makes her tied more closely to Oliver and the Team then if she was off making a start up the writers would never actually spend anytime on.

So I'm warily okay with this. I just hope they don't end up botching the storyline or Felicity too much. DarkWillow worked because Joss and team are A. Much much better writers then Arrow and B. Had spent at least three seasons planting seeds both subtle and overt that Willow was flirting with too much power and had the potential to tip the scales. Even if you go back to season 3 you could see them planting the seeds. 

Where as the Arrow writers are making the exploration of DarkFelicity over the loss of a boyfriend who got about 6 minutes screen time and a relationship they never spent anytime explaining. So yeah there's potential for greatness and potential for a big ole hot mess.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

She seems to be in the lair in 5x13. So not sure how that means getting away. She films the amount she always had.  3-4 days per episode. 

Citation for the statement she's filming as much as ever? 

Re this being good for Olicity bc Oliver could bring her back, that's what people thought Havenrock would be about as well. And that would have made perfect sense. But it'll only happen that way if they want to bring them closer, which...who knows. I doubt they know yet. 

On the other hand, I love Tom Amandes, so if he returns, I'm in for those scenes on youtube.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 5

It could be awful, it could be good, no way to tell yet. 

I'm just so desperate for Felicity to get something to do other than prop other people's (aka masks) storylines. 

If they intend for Tina to become Oliver's love interest, they'll make it happen whether Felicity is in the bunker or not.  I'd rather have it be not.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

I do like how these writers are not acknloweding that everyone on Team Arrow does "morally questionable" things every episode and have since season one. Hell, Oliver just killed an innocent man (by accident yes, but killing still = morally questionable IMO). 

I'm worried for the amount of hate that will be directed at Felicity now. It's already pretty bad out there, it's going to be like the Havenrock reactions times a hundred I think. 

It does sound like there will be less Felicity in 5B even though she appears to be getting her own storyline. "Away from the team" to me means less lair scenes, which are already 1/3 of the non-flashback scenes. The other 2/3 are the stunts and the emotional/personal scenes. Add that from what the Paps seem to say and EBR's social media it looks like she isn't filming much. (One of her LA friends is visiting her this weekend too). Then we have her not being invited to the Winter Interview Tour recently and I don't know-- this all just seems to be very similar to what happened with Laurel/KC last season. 

Are you talking about the press they did on site? She was scheduled to be there but was pulled for filming. 

I'm pleased Felicity will be getting something of her own. But that's about it. I don't need to see her dark and morally questionable. Though, aren't they all morally questionable? Seems like this is just a way to get more people to hate on her tbh. Oh joy.

And I don't believe her relationship with Mayo Bread would invoke such a dark path tbh. We barely saw them together. She didn't love him and had trouble calling him her boyfriend. And yet I'm supposed to believe his death is enough to push her over some dark edge. They already had that with Havenrock. They already had that when she was paralyzed because of Damien. 

And I have to admit, drawing her away from the team just as Tina is introduced to it seems like a very obvious ploy, IMO. Can't stir up a new love interest for Oliver with Felicity standing right there, right? And no, I'm not saying it's certain/confirmed that Tina is meant for Oliver but I can't ignore the possibility either. 

I also don't like the idea that if she's away from the team more and more, there will presumably be someone (Curtis) sitting in her place on the computers/comms which just suggests she's replaceable.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Are you talking about the press they did on site? She was scheduled to be there but was pulled for filming. 

That and also just press in general. Has there been any interviews with her at all since season four? She was also either not invited or uninvited from the upfronts this summer too. 

I really wonder how they're going to explain this on screen. She couldn't call Mayo her BF and could barely say she liked him. But this is going to send her off on this arc? And how do they plan to resolve it? Have her get caught in a situation where she needs to be saved? How are they going to address the aftermath of it? Have it end around the finale so they can say they dealt with that over the summer? 

I don't think I'd mind if they have her say she's doing this because she thought she had to do it on her own because that's how she's been handling everything, especially for the last year: her paralysis, the breakup, Havenrock, this, etc. But that would mean acknowledging that on the show and I don't think they will. 

ETA: If they make Tina Oliver's LI while this is going on, what, just another instance of Oliver not being there for Felicity? Really? (Maybe we'll get another flashback during it too.)

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

And I don't believe her relationship with Mayo Bread would invoke such a dark path tbh. We barely saw them together. She didn't love him and had trouble calling him her boyfriend. And yet I'm supposed to believe his death is enough to push her over some dark edge.

Given this comment from WM:

Moving forward, when the series returns on Jan. 25, “One thing Felicity is not going to do, I can tell you for sure, is blame Oliver. She recognizes the manipulations that have led to this situation,” co-showrunner Wendy Mericle told TVLine as part of our in-depth 2017 Preview Q&A. “Her heart is broken in that last moment for Oliver and for Malone and for herself.”

I'm not sure that his death is going to be what pushes her to the Place of Darkness, but maybe the circumstances around it as well. But this show does have a habit of assigning meaning to people in death they never had when they were alive, so who knows!

• Love 8

Maybe the person above who suggested Felicity will end up as an information broker was right.  Seems like we may get Noah back.

Someone at TV Line suggested that this may be a way for Oliver to return her favours and be the one to bring Felicity back into the light.

14 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I find it funny that the first tease for next season is about Felicity. I'm guessing the writers are going into damage control after the response to the MSF. 

The reporters ask EPs questions about everything - then choose to publish whatever they want whenever they please. It's not damage control because it was TVLine who chose to release this info first, not the network's decision.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Given this comment from WM:

I'm not sure that his death is going to be what pushes her to the Place of Darkness, but maybe the circumstances around it as well. But this show does have a habit of assigning meaning to people in death they never had when they were alive, so who knows!

Yeah, I'm not sure either. But like you said, once characters die on this show they somehow become more important than when they were alive so I'm wary tbh. 

I'd have no problem if Felicity's guilt was driving her forward. Like maybe her heart wasn't in her relationship with Mayo and if she'd only realized that sooner, maybe Mayo would still be alive. And it's that feeling which powers her storyline. That would be fine. But if they somehow say that she did love him or whatever and she's so heartbroken over a lost love, that's just bullshit, IMO.

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm just so desperate for Felicity to get something to do other than prop other people's (aka masks) storylines. 

If they intend for Tina to become Oliver's love interest, they'll make it happen whether Felicity is in the bunker or not.  I'd rather have it be not.

Yeah I think this is me. I started watching this show because that hot shirtless guy in gratituous training montage #sorrynotsorry, I stayed because I found the flashback story interesting and it's connection with the present, I started to love the show when they created the OTA fights villans of the week BTVS Scooby Gang for the noughties and then when    they started teasing Olicity the chemistry and story telling became a massive draw for me and brought me to fandom. 

But season 5 has basically eroded almost all that so if I can't get Olicity or OTA or sexy training montages or interesting flash backs (although they're an improvement on last season) then I'm going to need something interesting and meaty for the characters I care about.

And honestly even though it's potential for a mess at least it something for Felicity to do beyond the party pod witty joke person she's been this season.

So in my head this storyline is going to be awesome haha but in reality I'm keeping expectations low.

That being said if this makes me a stupid shipper if they have Tina and Oliver hooking up while Felicitys going through worlds of pain and toeing moral lines then DarkFelicity could be better writing then The Sopranos or Mad Men or other top shows and I still won't be sticking around to see it. 

I can grin and bear Susan Williams like I did Malone but Tina might be the final nail for me on CW Gossip Girl drama I can tolerate in Arrow. 

20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Yeah I think this is me. I started watching this show because that hot shirtless guy in gratituous training montage #sorrynotsorry, I stayed because I found the flashback story interesting and it's connection with the present, I started to love the show when they created the OTA fights villans of the week BTVS Scooby Gang for the noughties and then when    they started teasing Olicity the chemistry and story telling became a massive draw for me and brought me to fandom. 

But season 5 has basically eroded almost all that so if I can't get Olicity or OTA or sexy training montages or interesting flash backs (although they're an improvement on last season) then I'm going to need something interesting and meaty for the characters I care about.

And honestly even though it's potential for a mess at least it something for Felicity to do beyond the party pod witty joke person she's been this season.

So in my head this storyline is going to be awesome haha but in reality I'm keeping expectations low.

That being said if this makes me a stupid shipper if they have Tina and Oliver hooking up while Felicitys going through worlds of pain and toeing moral lines then DarkFelicity could be better writing then The Sopranos or Mad Men or other top shows and I still won't be sticking around to see it. 

I can grin and bear Susan Williams like I did Malone but Tina might be the final nail for me on CW Gossip Girl drama I can tolerate in Arrow. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Yeah, I'm not sure either. But like you said, once characters die on this show they somehow become more important than when they were alive so I'm wary tbh. 

I'd have no problem if Felicity's guilt was driving her forward. Like maybe her heart wasn't in her relationship with Mayo and if she'd only realized that sooner, maybe Mayo would still be alive. And it's that feeling which powers her storyline. That would be fine. But if they somehow say that she did love him or whatever and she's so heartbroken over a lost love, that's just bullshit, IMO.

Yeah. I'd buy guilt. She feels like she should have never gotten involved with him or broken up with him (or maybe feels like if he hadn't been killed, she would've broken up with him, which she doesn't want to admit because of more guilt). 

Please don't have her say she loved him. If they really wanted the audience to buy that, they would've had to give us more of their relationship. We still don't know how or when they met (and probably never will). 

• Love 4

If Tina is for Oliver I wonder if they will drag it out slowly or do a get together ----> break up -----> another temporary LI to seperate them. Because unlikely they will leave them happy if they are the main couple.

I am psyching myself to slowly give up shipping and just hope they give Felicity a nice high achieving life somewhere! Damn Felicity! Making me stay to watch this trainwreck! Hehe that's the only thing I'm mad at her for!

5 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah. I'd buy guilt. She feels like she should have never gotten involved with him or broken up with him (or maybe feels like if he hadn't been killed, she would've broken up with him, which she doesn't want to admit because of more guilt). 

Please don't have her say she loved him. If they really wanted the audience to buy that, they would've had to give us more of their relationship. We still don't know how or when they met (and probably never will). 

Yep. Guilt would work because she already has enough of it after Havenrock (supposedly, not that it had much screen time). It's another thing to add to her pile. And Felicity definitely wasn't that into Mayo bread so if they try to sell him as someone she loved, they're really having a big laugh at us tbh and must think we're all idiots.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

You know, if they really want to go for some more angst, they could have Susan be working for Prometheus and have told him about Mayo being Felicity's date at the party - something she knew because Oliver brought her as his date. Then Oliver can feel even worse and need the team to make him feel better again. And then Felicity can bring Susan down in one of her those morally questionable moves. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Someone at TV Line suggested that this may be a way for Oliver to return her favours and be the one to bring Felicity back into the light.

That could actually have potential but given the way the writers have made Oliver and Felicity act as if they arent even friends let alone once engaged, i think there's zero chance of Oliver being the one to bring her 'back to the light'. In order of likelihood:

1. Felicity gets back to the light on her own because its not like anyone has ever been there for her before.

2. Tina.

3. Curtis.

4-98 Anyone else in the arrow verse.

99. Diggle

100. Oliver

Edited by sara1121
  • Love 11

This is not sarcasm: I legit admire that you guys keep trying to figure out motivation for anything that happens at this point on the show. :)

But also, now we have dark/morally questionable story for Felicity, a scene with Prometheus in 510, and that thing BamBam said about EBR having a mean right hook. Will this last longer than two episodes? Stay tuned!

• Love 15

Maybe after all this time I have a hard time getting excited about anything but all they have coming up sounds somewhat boring to me. I mean people here guessed many of the storylines which makes the show predictable. I thougt I read people predicting Felicity going down a dark road. But should we care that she wants to avenge the dead BF that nobody cared about. I am having a hard time buying that.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, sara1121 said:

That could actual have potential but given the way the writers have made Oliver and Felicity act as if they arent even friends let alone once engaged, i think there's zero chance of Oliver beimg to one to being her 'back to the light' In order of likelihood:

1. Felicity gets back to the light on her own because its not like anyone has ever been there for her before.

2. Tina.

3. Curtis.

4-98 Anyone else.in the arrow verse.

99. Diggle

100. Oliver

101. Donna, because I don't think she's going to be back at all this season, even though her daughter just lost someone. 

I'll have to see how this plays out but my biggest fear is it will be similar to Diggle's storyline in 5.01-5.04.  She takes a "leave of absence" from the team to deal with her grief so no one even notices.  Curtis fills in for her.  Then she gets 4-5 minutes of screen time for her story.  If 4.10 taught me anything it's that I'm not interested in watching a minimal Felicity show and masks do nothing for me.

Looks like they are trying to make an "all comic" team.  Diggle is in jail and dealing with his legal issues.  Felicity will be moving away from the team (literally or figuratively?). All in time for a new team member to arrive.  (I have wondered silently if David might be replaced by Wild Dog in S6 because of $.  No clue when his contract is up.)  Do indispensible characters become dispensible when their popularity exceeds the comic characters? 

Next, do Thea or Quentin have anything coming up?

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 4
Just now, dtissagirl said:

But also, now we have dark/morally questionable story for Felicity, a scene with Prometheus in 510, and that thing BamBam said about EBR having a mean right hook. Will this last longer than two episodes? Stay tuned!

This is actually what I'm wondering about as well, how long is this supposed to last? Because she's supposed to be looking for BC/BS with Oliver in 510, and then there are pics of her with EK, JD, DR, SA and JH somewhere outside the bunker from three weeks ago, which is when they were shooting 512, I think? Also, she's clearly in the bunker in 513. My prediction is actually that this mostly happens in 510, leading to her scene(s) with Prometheus.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, sara1121 said:

That could actually have potential but given the way the writers have made Oliver and Felicity act as if they arent even friends let alone once engaged, i think there's zero chance of Oliver being the one to being her 'back to the light'. In order of likelihood:

2. Tina.

3. Curtis.

4-98 Anyone else in the arrow verse.

99. Diggle

100. Oliver

I don't know if the first one makes me laugh or cry and I'm ready to bet that's what's gonna happen, LOL.

1 minute ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I don't know if the first one makes me laugh or cry and I'm ready to bet that's what's gonna happen, LOL.

Cry, because it just reminds me that she was the one going in for another surgery in 410 and assuring everyone else it would be okay and covering for Oliver's absence with her mother. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

This is actually what I'm wondering about as well, how long is this supposed to last? Because she's supposed to be looking for BC/BS with Oliver in 510, and then there are pics of her with EK, JD, DR, SA and JH somewhere outside the bunker from three weeks ago, which is when they were shooting 512, I think? Also, she's clearly in the bunker in 513. My prediction is actually that this mostly happens in 510, leading to her scene(s) with Prometheus.

That pic with Echo and Joe [plus Anatoly being in the Mannequin Challenge video] just made me think what if Felicity's new friends [Wendy mentioned new people in the TV Line interview] is the Bratva? 512 is about them after all.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

This is the silver lining for me. I'm side eyeing it right now but at least it's something. Plus it's tied to Prometheus. It's got to be better than Felicity throwing a few jokes around and taking coffee to her pointless stale bread of a boyfriend. I suppose I shouldn't speak ill of the dead anymore. Oh well. ;P

• Love 14
Just now, dtissagirl said:

That pic with Echo and Joe [plus Anatoly being in the Mannequin Challenge video] just made me think what if Felicity's new friends [Wendy mentioned new people in the TV Line interview] is the Bratva? 512 is about them after all.

I'm not opposed to this, but how would they tie to her past? Unless she and Anatoly really hit it off while they were in the truck outside the gulag waiting for Oliver to get Dig and Lyla out. Which I would be completely fine with.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

And Felicity definitely wasn't that into Mayo bread so if they try to sell him as someone she loved, they're really having a big laugh at us tbh and must think we're all idiots.

But TIIC are the ones telling the audience that LL was the show's moral center and beloved by all, and I know in my bones that that's a gorram lie, so...yeah, Mayo was probably the love of Felicity's life. 

1 minute ago, dtissagirl said:

That would be amazing. Make it so. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, bijoux said:

I'm not opposed to this, but how would they tie to her past? Unless she and Anatoly really hit it off while they were in the truck outside the gulag waiting for Oliver to get Dig and Lyla out. Which I would be completely fine with.

Hee. Wendy went all word salad there, so technically because she met Anatoly in the past, it fits. But also maybe her father worked for/with the Bratva?

But mostly I just want Felicity and Anatoly to BFF.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Cry, because it just reminds me that she was the one going in for another surgery in 410 and assuring everyone else it would be okay and covering for Oliver's absence with her mother. 

Yeah.. :/ I'd understand if she became evil for real. But also the show would end because the rest of the team wouldn't stand a chance hahaha

• Love 6
Just now, calliope1975 said:

But TIIC are the ones telling the audience that LL was the show's moral center and beloved by all, and I know in my bones that that's a gorram lie, so...yeah, Mayo was probably the love of Felicity's life. 

Ew. You take that back! The rudeness! 

;P

• Love 6

I wonder if Anatolyi would take her to the dark side like he did Oliver.  And he seemed like such a nice guy on the submarine.

Even if this only lasts 2 episodes, I'll take it.  I am so sick of masks and fights, this is the first reason I've had to tune in after Christmas.

Guilt can be a powerful motivator.  I remember by theories of counselling prof talking about a patient of his who felt so guilty after her husband died that she made the apartment into a shrine for him.  It makes sense for Felicity, who couldn't say "love" to Billy and blew him off about joining forces to look for Prometheus, to be so overcome with guilt that she makes it her mission to bring Prometheus down.

And because I'm convinced that this season will end with Olicity together in some way (otherwise why put in the red pen scene, the only plot it advanced was Olicity because she could just have hacked the address in the present day), having Oliver say "I've been there, you can't live in the darkness" not only gives them something else in common, it's a way to put them back together for February sweeps, or if Tina is really going to be Oliver's LI, for May.

• Love 6

I could totally see how guilt is the motivating factor in Felicitys storyline especially on two occasions they had Malone say he was going after Prometheus for her to protect her. I could easily see a scenario where Felicity admits she didn't love Malone and feels guilt that he died because of his connection to her and under the assumption that she cared about him more then she did. Combined with residual guilt over Havenrock and what happened to Rorys family I could see how that pushes Felicity to her moral edge and makes her blood thirsty in a way she's never been before. Because she sees herself as a common factor/cause in so much death and misery so she channels that into rage or tunnel vision to get Prometheus whatever the cost.

My problem is that I don't think these writers would do nearly enough work to make that obvious on screen. Because it would mean spending actual time on vocalising Felicitys POV and emotional thoughts and feelings. And also I think it would give more dramatic weight to Felicity and the season Big Bad and make her more tied to him then Oliver. And if I learnt anything from season 4 the writers won't do that. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

And because I'm convinced that this season will end with Olicity together in some way (otherwise why put in the red pen scene, the only plot it advanced was Olicity because she could just have hacked the address in the present day), having Oliver say "I've been there, you can't live in the darkness" not only gives them something else in common, it's a way to put them back together for February sweeps, or if Tina is really going to be Oliver's LI, for May.

The other possible purpose is pure ship-baiting, to keep O/F fans watching as much as possible.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

My problem is that I don't think these writers would do nearly enough work to make that obvious on screen. Because it would mean spending actual time on vocalising Felicitys POV and emotional thoughts and feelings. And also I think it would give more dramatic weight to Felicity and the season Big Bad and make her more tied to him then Oliver. And if I learnt anything from season 4 the writers won't do that. 

Agreed. Tbh all of their promised Felicity storylines sounded really good in theory but the execution always left a lot to be desired. So while I'm happy Felicity has her own storyline, I'm keeping my expectations at the appropriate level. Floor level. Maybe even sub-ground level, just in case. Haha. :)

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder if Anatolyi would take her to the dark side like he did Oliver.  And he seemed like such a nice guy on the submarine.

Even if this only lasts 2 episodes, I'll take it.  I am so sick of masks and fights, this is the first reason I've had to tune in after Christmas.

Guilt can be a powerful motivator.  I remember by theories of counselling prof talking about a patient of his who felt so guilty after her husband died that she made the apartment into a shrine for him.  It makes sense for Felicity, who couldn't say "love" to Billy and blew him off about joining forces to look for Prometheus, to be so overcome with guilt that she makes it her mission to bring Prometheus down.

Yeah this news actually makes me more hopeful about Olicity then the MSF did because since everything is about Oliver the only reason I could see Felicity crossing moral lines is so Oliver can bring her back. So even though execution may be sloppy I'm feeling a little better that there may be method to the madness. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Agreed. Tbh all of their promised Felicity storylines sounded really good in theory but the execution always left a lot to be desired. So while I'm happy Felicity has her own storyline, I'm keeping my expectations at the appropriate level. Floor level. Maybe even sub-ground level, just in case. Haha. :)

I want to be excited but I'm with you on keeping expectations at the appropriate level.

• Love 1

Well Matt Mitovich is going all defensive of his article on Twitter to people suspicious that this storyline will be promising for Felicity. (Seriously men and their sensitive egoes) 

Ignoring the fact that he can't see that there's a reason that Felicity fans are sceptical whenever promised BIG Felicity storylines are promised (or how we should take Billicity seriously because of the months of build up off screen between seasons) he did tweet something I found interesting that his impression was that it was probably how Prometheus played Oliver that is most upsetting for Felicity. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattMitovich/status/808065650526720000

If they play it like that I could be all for it.  Felicity going after Prometheus not only because of her guilt and losing someone she was in like with but also because she's angry that once again Olivers been emotionally manipulated and made to feel like the worst after coming so far.

• Love 4

Early in the season EBR was working out pretty hard per a SA FB video.  Perhaps we'll get some payoff for that besides one right hook.

About Matt Mittovich's tweet...Oliver was the first person listed by WM as to whom Felicity's heart was broken for.  

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

If they play it like that I could be all for it.  Felicity going after Prometheus not only because of her guilt and losing someone she was in like with but also because she's angry that once again Olivers been emotionally manipulated and made to feel like the worst after coming so far.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. It was her bf who died. She was left to cry alone and now she feels bad not for herself but bc poor Oliver had a setback?

Is she ever allowed to feel bad for herself?

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I'm not sure how I feel about that. It was her bf who died. She was left to cry alone and now she feels bad not for herself but bc poor Oliver had a setback?

Is she ever allowed to feel bad for herself?

Oh I get it. But since Oliver is treated like the centre of the universe anyway and nobody can have more emotions or opinions them him I'd much rather her be more upset over a guy I've seen her establish a relationship with over 5 seasons then a relationship or a guy who was on screen for a hot minute.

I guess I'm at the point where if Felicitys storyline HAS to be about a guy and sorry Arrow unfortunately has to make females about their male characters then I 100 percent selfishly  would be okay with it being over the male half of my ship. Haha.

Its not me being my best feminist self but I've given up on Arrow 100 % treating female characters as three dimensional females.

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 19

I'm at the point where I'm so relieved they gave her a storyline and she should stop cracking jokes at inappropriate times that I'm fine with mayo being the one thing that pushed her over the edge. I can lie to myself and say it's because of all that happened last year and this one, LOL.

• Love 3

I guess my problem with her heart breaking for Oliver, Billy, and then herself is that MG said earlier that her arc has nothing to do with her relationship with Oliver or even her father or mother.  To me that leaves Billy dying as the motivator. Straw that broke the camel's back situation? S4 and now this.

This potential storyline gives the 5.09 Olicity flashback a little more relevance in terms of her talking about her "magic hands" and the internet. (On 2nd watch I noticed it started with her.)  It also gives the phrase "I have to be true to who I am," which was said by both Billy and Curtis to Felicity, more weight.  She's now considering being an hacktivist/information broker (I guess) instead of just working for the Green Arrow/Oliver who never listens.  Should be interesting to see how that turns out. 

• Love 2

Hmm, we talked about Felicity going dark just yesterday. 

I kind of like this, what if she went all White? Dark? Hat Hacker/Goth Felicity? Mayber working with ARGUS? Or hell the idea upthread about The Bratva could be a cool way to tie the flashbacks to the present.

I'm excited! ?

• Love 4