Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Would it be a poor hero's journey if he had to work with all the baddies to bring down Prometheus? The Bratva, ARGUS, China White's coming back so she can bring in the Triad, and Talia and the new and improved LOA. 

Probably not a good idea, but I'm looking for something different this year. 

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

What if Felicity's new friends are ARGUS? I'd love some Lyla/Felicity stuff. Oh no. My hopes/expectations just raised from sub-ground level to floor level. Haha.

Felicity undercover or working with ARGUS are the only storylines I will accept lol

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I wonder if this upcoming storyline is why we didn't see Felicity break down earlier this season? Maybe that's still coming and they decided not to have her break down twice in one season?

I doubt it, bc she cried last episode. She's only allowed one cry per season now.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Felicity undercover or working with ARGUS are the only storylines I will accept lol

Oh I love that idea. 

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Tina is Felicity's friend and is involved mostly in her storyline? I'd like to see Felicity get a female friend.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, wonderwall said:

The reporters ask EPs questions about everything - then choose to publish whatever they want whenever they please. It's not damage control because it was TVLine who chose to release this info first, not the network's decision.

Just to reiterate with proof lol

https://twitter.com/MattMitovich/status/808097679251279874

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Oh I love that idea. 

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Tina is Felicity's friend and is involved mostly in her storyline? I'd like to see Felicity get a female friend.

If not Thea then SOMEONE for the love of god! I like to think that the actress who plays Tina/Emily became fast friends because they have so many scenes together...

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

So. Is Felicity gonna go undercover? Like, going to Prometheus and saying she wants to be his new Evelyn? Because now she hates Oliver bc he killed her boo?

I will enjoy this scene even more if Felicity uses the word "boo" when talking to Prometheus.

It's been floated that The Birds of Prey will be in the Harley Quinn movie, so could be one of the reasons they are pushing Black Canary.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

What if Felicity's new friends are ARGUS? I'd love some Lyla/Felicity stuff. Oh no. My hopes/expectations just raised from sub-ground level to floor level. Haha.

If they do a Lyla/Felicity/Tina episode, I swear I will come back just to watch that episode. :)

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Just to reiterate with proof lol

https://twitter.com/MattMitovich/status/808097679251279874

The reporters ask EPs questions about everything - then choose to publish whatever they want whenever they please. It's not damage control because it was TVLine who chose to release this info first, not the network's decision.

TV Line does this A Lot. They have one or two big interviews with the EPs and then dole information out little by little. I've seen them release an article with one or 2 quotes, use some other quotes for Ausi's spoiler articles and then put out a big article that has everything they've doled out for months, collected into one article. 

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I doubt it, bc she cried last episode. She's only allowed one cry per season now.

didn't she also cry in 5x03?

27 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Oh I love that idea. 

I have a strong feeling that Tina is the old friend in this narrative. Maybe the team tracks her down because of Felicity suggesting it.

6 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

I have a strong feeling that Tina is the old friend in this narrative. Maybe the team tracks her down because of Felicity suggesting it.

If Tina was her friend, wouldn't she go with the guys on the road trip to get Tina involved?

• Love 2
Just now, AyChihuahua said:

If Tina was her friend, wouldn't she go with the guys on the road trip to get Tina involved?

considering we haven't seen the episode yet or given a synopsis it's hard to guess why the guys go and she doesn't. 

• Love 1
Just now, Cleanqueen said:

considering we haven't seen the episode yet or given a synopsis it's hard to guess why the guys go and she doesn't. 

This is the speculation topic, though. We speculate based on the info we have, including before we have seen the episodes or read synopses. For example I called the cop being Felicity's boyfriend back in June/July, long before any synopses were available.

And considering available information it seems highly unlikely that Felicity would send the guys to go pick up her "old friend" without her.

4 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

This is the speculation topic, though. We speculate based on the info we have, including before we have seen the episodes or read synopses. For example I called the cop being Felicity's boyfriend back in June/July, long before any synopses were available.

And considering available information it seems highly unlikely that Felicity would send the guys to go pick up her "old friend" without her.

A lot of people speculated the cop being the bf and mainly based on him only following Emily.

Just like we found out the reason why felicity didnt go with oliver and Lyla to rescue Diggle we will find out why she cant go fetch Tina herself. Maybe she needs a little more convincing by the time they arrive at her location. The one consistent thing Emily has been fighting for since forever is a friend, so maybe they've finally given her one.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

A "dark, morally questionable place." Are we going the Dark Willow route? That's been posited before, I know. I don't know how I feel about that. 

Let me toss out this comparison.  Chloe in Smallville and her "morally ambiguous" arc.  My gut has me worried.  But that could be my Post Traumatic Smallville Disorder flaring up.  

2 hours ago, AyChihuahua said:

I'm not sure how I feel about that. It was her bf who died. She was left to cry alone and now she feels bad not for herself but bc poor Oliver had a setback?

Is she ever allowed to feel bad for herself?

But if it's not just about herself, then it's more of a noble quest than just revenge.  So I'm on the fence with motivation being a good or bad thing.  

2 hours ago, Sunshine said:

I guess my problem with her heart breaking for Oliver, Billy, and then herself is that MG said earlier that her arc has nothing to do with her relationship with Oliver or even her father or mother.  To me that leaves Billy dying as the motivator. Straw that broke the camel's back situation? S4 and now this.

This potential storyline gives the 5.09 Olicity flashback a little more relevance in terms of her talking about her "magic hands" and the internet. (On 2nd watch I noticed it started with her.)  It also gives the phrase "I have to be true to who I am," which was said by both Billy and Curtis to Felicity, more weight.  She's now considering being an hacktivist/information broker (I guess) instead of just working for the Green Arrow/Oliver who never listens.  Should be interesting to see how that turns out. 

I find it plausible that Billy was just the final straw in a long year of awful.  On Smallville I'll never believe that Jimmy "Henry" Olsen was the love of Chloe's life and yet they had his death supposedly propel her into more end justify the means thinking.  

Since Felicity has been the lightest character technically (she with her own hands has never killed anyone and isn't going out fighting) it's been just about a forgone conclusion that they'd explore her dark side, especially since we know she actually has one (kinda) but it's the how that worries me.  And more than that, the judgement that will follow.  

This is a team where all the seasoned members have killed.  Even Laurel did in self defense.  Felicity killing someone that would need killing is dark for her, but not for the team or the show so would that be considered morally dark?  Really the only thing that I think they would judge her for is doing something that helps criminals that they'd normally take down.  

I could see Felicity doing that in a quid pro quo type situation to get info that she couldn't otherwise.  The other thing would be if Oliver suddenly decides to go back to his no kill stance and she's mad that Billy doesn't get avenged. 

The thing I'm concerned about is not what Felicity does, I'm sure I will see her reasons for doing it, but I'm worried about the team and Oliver's judgement.  That's what I despised about Chloe's arc on Smallville in season 9.   She went Big Brother watching her team in all ways all the time in an attempt to keep them safe.  She also holed up alone in a tower and had no life.  Clark's reaction was to use all her info and resources but treat her like an employee and tell her to get out more - but not be there for her at all.  And yes, this was the season where they put Lois and Clark together.  Chloe had half her screen time while that happened and I came to hate Clark Kent.  

I don't want to hate Oliver.  I'm pretty sure I'll never hate Felicity or deeply care about other viewer's comments but pulling her away from the team really worries me.  At this point I'm clinging to the hope that it's just a short arc because the long one is a way to make her vastly less important to the show.  

It could be a wonderful way to explore and deepen all the character interaction but it could also ruin everything.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

My feeling is that Felicity will be drawn away from the team in a figurative sense more than a literal sense, and also that this whole storyline and the level of darkness is probably overstated because that's the pattern here.

We've seen BTS photos where she's in the bunker or with some of the team so I'm right there with you on it being figurative. The first one I'm assuming the figure is Oliver - if not then at least she's in the center of the action.

CxaU7_vUUAAtPZU.jpg

• Love 4

I'm not sure about that last photo. We know, as has been pointed out previously, that sometimes the cast just hangs out in the bunker between takes. Or at least that's what I was told when we say JH's chair in the bunker. 

I'm also confused about that status on the paps. Do we trust them or don't we? They were wrong about EBR filming at the mansion for 5x08, so we don't believe them, especially when they talk about how EBR isn't filming as much. But they also said that JH wasn't at the diner, but we believe them for that? Is it's just a "depends on the situation" thing? Or what? 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

We've seen BTS photos where she's in the bunker or with some of the team so I'm right there with you on it being figurative. The first one I'm assuming the figure is Oliver - if not then at least she's in the center of the action.

It's Prometheus, unless Oliver decides to dress up as Prometheus. The guy in the photo has a sword and the throwing stars, like this:AR509b_0236b_595_Mini%20Logo%20TV%20whit

ETA: I just noticed the other guy in the photo taking a pic. Guess that might end up being a promo still for 510 as well then.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

I'm not sure about that last photo. We know, as has been pointed out previously, that sometimes the cast just hangs out in the bunker between takes. Or at least that's what I was told when we say JH's chair in the bunker. 

That very well may be the case. IMO it's telling that they're all there together also considering the way Felicity's dressed - it seems like she's in bunker/ops mode. I don't feel like all of them (Willa, Emily, Stephen, David, Echo, Joe, Rick) would be there just hanging out unless they had a scene together. 

• Love 1

Something I see as a good sign is that while Felicity is on her own crusade, it's completely tied to Prometheus who is Oliver's Big Bad of the season.  They could have given her something like Laurel's addiction arc which had nothing to do with Oliver.  They could even have given her something like Diggle's Andy/Chechnya/jail arc which only tangentially crosses Oliver.  But in stead they gave her something that not only parallels Oliver's arc but is tied to it.

It's much, much better than Smoak Technologies because STech would take her away from Oliver, not put them on the same path.

3 hours ago, AyChihuahua said:

The other possible purpose is pure ship-baiting, to keep O/F fans watching as much as possible.

Fake ship-baiting is just going to end up biting them back, as they will find out with the Laurel baiting they're doing.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Something I see as a good sign is that while Felicity is on her own crusade, it's completely tied to Prometheus who is Oliver's Big Bad of the season.  They could have given her something like Laurel's addiction arc which had nothing to do with Oliver.  They could even have given her something like Diggle's Andy/Chechnya/jail arc which only tangentially crosses Oliver.  But in stead they gave her something that not only parallels Oliver's arc but is tied to it.

It's much, much better than Smoak Technologies because STech would take her away from Oliver, not put them on the same path.

I agree 100%

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Fake ship-baiting is just going to end up biting them back, as they will find out with the Laurel baiting they're doing.

I agree, but I don't know that they know that. I mean clearly they don't know the Laurel baiting is a bad idea, since they're doing it right now.

1 hour ago, Cleanqueen said:

A lot of people speculated the cop being the bf and mainly based on him only following Emily.

Just like we found out the reason why felicity didnt go with oliver and Lyla to rescue Diggle we will find out why she cant go fetch Tina herself. Maybe she needs a little more convincing by the time they arrive at her location. The one consistent thing Emily has been fighting for since forever is a friend, so maybe they've finally given her one.

Anything is possible. And there's nothing to say they can't end up being friendly. But I've seen nothing implying she's Felicity's old friend and at least one piece of evidence implying that she's not Felicity's old friend.

I like the idea of Tina being a Friend of Felicity's, and thats how she is brought in......up until I picture Felicity off on her dark arc while her friend and Oliver get all flirty. Even if they dont go for full on romantic BC/GA, you know there will be flirting. And it just makes me cringe. Friend she brought in and her ex fiance? They would brobably have her comment on how hot Tina is and is fine if her and Oliver want to bang. Now people will say; they're adults, they're single, they can move on, Felicity gives them her blessing. But that doesnt remove the cringe factor for me. That would make me uncomfortable to watch.

I wasnt full on likeing Olicity when Isobel happened, I hated it because it made Oliver look like an idiot that thinks with something other then his brain, and a crap friend- because you dont sleep with somebody who is horrible to your friends. Thats about where I am now with Susan. Everybody reaching out to oliver and not Felicity, then him going to soothe himself with Susan has made me really side eye him again. If he did hook up with Felicity's friend (Tina- if that pans out) then I think he will just forever repulse me.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Quick poll.  How many at this point feel convinced that Tina is going to get the official mantle of Black Canary? 

I'm 97% there. 

I'm at about 95% personally. And at about 75% of her being a LI for Oliver. 

Yep, I think thats where they're going for sure. I think if they were smart, they would take a look around and realise that its not such a great idea. But they seem so unselfaware that I think they think they can throw any hot chick into the role. I think that that is right for a certain group of viewers, but they have totally overestimated the size of those that will like that.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, HighHopes said:

I'm at about 95% personally. And at about 75% of her being a LI for Oliver. 

I've been keeping the two separate in my mind but if she really is supposed to be Black Canary, while I'm not convinced that they'd still go there with her as Oliver's love interest, I'm even less inclined to think they'd "give" her to Wild Dong...that said, they have been pushing the Rene = Oliver thing.  

Clearly I have no clue.  Lol.  

• Love 1

As for LI, I think 100% they will tentively try. Having flirty scenes that are writen for plausable deniability- "Oh, you saw that as romantic? They're just friends......with amazing chemistry" in case it fails and they can claim they were never going there. But while trying the waters they will  mention their awesome chemistry and how they 'killed'  their scenes together over and over, trying to hype it.

Edited by MaisyDaisy
I am on my phone and my auto correct changes some words, while my bodgey typing makes a mess of others, sorry for the spelling mess guys.
  • Love 8

60-70% on the BC mainly because I want to see how she's introduced and where they might go with her first but am still wary because of the whole "importance of BC" talk from SA, DR, and others. Less so (like 50%) on the LI thing but for similar reasons (want to see how they introduce her first, but am still wary on weirdness of the sides since the whole alleyway scene might match up). 

Just now, Chaser said:

90% on Olicity getting back together in Feb Sweeps (like last episode of).

Give me your optimism! :p I honestly thought they were going to until I heard the news about Felicity going dark... But maybe her arc will end by the end of feb sweeps with Oliver bringing her into the light? hmm

I'm 98% sure she's the new BC. 

50/50 on her being a love interest for Oliver.

0% on Olicity getting back together during February sweeps (I don't see it happening that soon), but 67% sure they'll be back together by season finale.

Edited by Starfish35
Changed percentages
  • Love 4

For me, O/F  getting back together really depends on how Tina goes. If Tina/Oliver become a thing and ratings stay how they are, then I'm at a 10% for O/F getting back together this season. If Tina/Oliver take off and the writers believe that viewers are embracing Tina as NuBC and the Tina/Oliver (BC/GA) pairing then I'm pretty sure it's goodbye completely to O/F. 

• Love 8

At this point, I'm okay with Oliver and Felicity not getting back together in Feb sweeps as long as they show him being there for her and don't give either of them LIs for the rest of the season. I want to see them build back to being together. We didn't get to see them get from the S2 finale to S3 premiere or from S3 finale to S4 premiere. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Give me your optimism! :p I honestly thought they were going to until I heard the news about Felicity going dark... But maybe her arc will end by the end of feb sweeps with Oliver bringing her into the light? hmm

Lol. I'd rather picture good things.

Speaking optimistically, I think that might be how they do it. There needs to be some type of catalyst.

It surprises me so many people dont think they are writing a reunion. I know that they said they were writing away from the romance but they said that about Oliver and Laurel and it didn't look anything like this.

• Love 4

I'm about 99% sure she'll be nuBC only because of SA's recent blabbing about how important BC is to GA. Before that, I was about 50%. BTW (Hi Ray!) did anything prompt that speechifying? Was he asked a question? I've stopped watching his videos.

At this point, I'm inclined to think she'll be Wild Dick's LI because they are pushing him hard, though if they went there with Oliver, I would have no shocks. 

I've given up on trying to figure out when or if Olicity are getting back together because my shipper heart is bruised and battered right now. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

At this point, I'm okay with Oliver and Felicity not getting back together in Feb sweeps as long as they show him being there for her and don't give either of them LIs for the rest of the season. I want to see them build back to being together. We didn't get to see them get from the S2 finale to S3 premiere or from S3 finale to S4 premiere. 

He still has an LI, though. The reporter's not dead or gone. 

Btw, what are the chances that arrow-looking brand thing on her arm has any meaning? I think maybe she's working with Promy, I absolutely do not believe Oliver is playing her, but with what SA said about not wanting Oliver to get played again, maybe she is helping Promy but changes her mind? 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Chaser said:

It surprises me so many people dont think they are writing a reunion. I know that they said they were writing away from the romance but they said that about Oliver and Laurel and it didn't look anything like this.

Oh yeah. A lot of people on twitter saw the whole "red pen & magic" scene as ship baiting - IMO it was them confirming that they're going to get married at some point. It was a scene that could've lifted right out but they kept it because they wanted to remind the audience they're not over and they're going to write back towards them soon.

I don't recall  these kinds of scenes for L/O in seasons 2-3. Hell, Oliver treated Laurel like shit - he yelled at her, told her he'd buy her drinks, was frustrated by her 90% of the time, dated her sister AGAIN... The writers kept hammering down nail after nail on that coffin... I don't see them doing that with Olicity. 

• Love 4