Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Colour me surprised.  

This is not surprising news and not worth the effort to be annoyed right now. I am sure there will be plenty of that when she is on screen.  Time to dust off the ff button.

• Love 4

LOL, I knew it. This production team or somebody higher-up seems intent on completely destroying Arrow's credibility. So, what now? Is Dinah going to be the third version of BC to get killed off this series in the season finale? Or is she simply going to return to Central City - leaving the door open for Black Siren to eventually redeem herself and become the REALEST of the REALEST of Black Canaries? Or are they going to keep Dinah's Black Canary on the roster as a small recurring presence (e.g. 6-8 eps max) while Black Siren becomes the big bad of season 6? Whatever the case may be, I probably won't be back next year, anyway. The only thing that would have brought me back for a potential season 6 would have been Talia as the big bad. Maybe that could still happen in the form of a team up with Black Siren, but that scenario is probably the ultimate long shot. 

Edited by shadow2008
  • Love 1

Just heard (from my bud who called and was ranting about the stupidity of it all) the terrible news so I came straight to this forum for confirmation. Bummer.

Someone really needs to come out with all the bts deets about the Arrowverse someday. I really don't understand why. I'm almost contemplating buying tickets to WonderCon just so I can have the chance to politely ask Guggue wtf is happening.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

If BS is once again siding with Chase (which I assume if she's teaming up with Artemis), please let any hope of redeeming her die. 

I'd say it's pretty certain she'll start off siding with Chase in ep 5.22. Then she'll either: continue into season 6 as a baddie, or some how Oliver will make some heartfelt speech to her (this season or next) and she'll turn to the light and season 6 will be about her redemption. My preference is baddie and logically that makes sense, but Arrow and logic don't really go together.

Edited by sara1121
  • Love 2

MG: “One of the things that most excites us about Arrow is that we go where the story takes us. Last year, the story took us to the tragic death of Laurel Lance. This year, our midseason finale reintroduced us to Laurel’s doppelgänger, Black Siren. We were so taken by Katie’s fearless interpretation of this character that we knew her story was not yet finished. We couldn’t be more thrilled to welcome Katie back to Arrow as Black Siren, though as her appearances on Arrow and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow this season show, she never really left the family.”

I just find this so weird. If JH also returns, then we have two metahumans on Arrow, both with a sonic canary cry. The whole thing just makes it seem like Arrow is a disorganized mess behind the scenes.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 9

I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about this news. Laurel's like a fly that won't leave my house, no matter how hard I want to get rid of it. I think I would be fine with Black Siren as a series regular if I knew for sure that they weren't going to try to force canon back into the show with her. If they could announce Juliana as a series regular, then I could feel a little bit better (plus, more female casting would really be fantastic). 

Listen; KC/Laurel Lance fans are over the moon. I guess I'm just going to have to stay away from social media for a while for my own sanity. But honestly, at this point, Katie Cassidy isn't even the main issue with what's been wrong with this show, so if they keep her 100% evil with no chance of redemption, then I can tolerate her. I don't think I can tolerate Oliver's "She has Laurel within her" spiels every other episode for next season, though. 

• Love 17

Well, if they keep her as a villain, I could be on board. I think KC works much better in that capacity. But if we have to listen to Oliver whinge about trying to redeem her? Ugh. 

• Love 10

Nah, don't redeem her. KC is better at playing a villain. She wasn't good as BC. I'm kinda already cringing at what BS will look like fighting with/near Dinah. Stunt team has their work cut out for them there, haha. Sorry!

Also, KC better get to watching the show she's clearly desperate to come back to. Just so she knows what's going on, you know? 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Also, KC better get to watching the show she's clearly desperate to come back to. Just so she knows what's going on, you know? 

She didn't know what was going on when she was on it before. I don't expect her to start now, haha. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

Is this our punishment for not giving Dinah buzz?

Oh, crap.

I like no possible sscenario about this. From what I've seen of her on Arrow, BS isn't a formidable opponent so that it would make sense or be enjoyable to have her facing off with the team for more than half of the season. And a possible redemption (which is unfortunately a real possibility) is just awful on every level. Not least of which that she'll likely get dumped on Felicity and/or Dig to make her likeable.

3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

When I read the news, I actually thought of her saying at the con this weekend that she hasn't been watching the show this year. While knowing that this news would break. If that's not giving the whole production the finger, I don't know what is.

• Love 1

The visual and audio of Dinah and BS having a scream-off just popped into my head and OMG! I hope my tv doesn't short-circuit.

I don't really have an opinion about JH and I don't care for Dinah, but I do hope she stays if we really have to have KC BS-ing her way into S6. If BS stays evil, maybe I can tolerate her. Not sure I'll be able to stomach any redemption arcs or Oliver being a dummy about it.

• Love 1

I don't actually think it's a terrible idea if they give us lots of fluffy Olicity in S6.

Have BS doing her stuff but I'd still enjoy the show if it had happy Olicity moving forward. I just hope they don't do try for a love triangle!

In that case I'm good!!!

Cheer up guys!!!! We could get Olicity babies, a wedding etc S6! Would it really matter if BS is around if we get good stuff too?

I'd actually rather they reset to s3 or early s4 than the bizzareness that was s5A.

21 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm worried about Thea/WH now. I feel like they won't have Thea, Felicity, BC and BS on the show at the same time. Unless WH and KC both have less appearances than 23 episodes. 

I completely agree. They already don't know how to write for the female characters so now they are going to split the story time between more of them. You know they won't take time away from any of the male characters.

Edited by leopardprint
Just now, leopardprint said:

I completely agree. They already don't know how to write for the female characters so now they are going split the story into between more of them. You know they won't take time away from any of the male characters. 

I was more worried that they'd get rid of Thea/WH actually. And if that happens because KC is coming back, they can choke.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Trini said:

I have a theory that this is exactly where they are going with this.

You think  they'll be Arrow S6 villains?

I thought they were the one off LoT villains this season. They are great but I don't see how they can bounce them around as villains for different shows. 

But seriously why can't they put her on another show that she fits with.

Also her being a villain makes no sense, they easily defeated her with the sonic dampener and she can't fight. So how does it work? I have really icky feeling they will redeem her. At this point might as well think of all the worst possible scenarios. 

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

Someone really needs to come out with all the bts deets about the Arrowverse someday. 

The eventual oral history of Arrow is going to be so epic.

• Love 10

If the finale location is Lian Yu, maybe Prometheus forces Oliver to release ALL the prisoners from the ARGUS prison there, as a way of undoing what Oliver's done over the past four plus years. That could include Slade, Black Siren, et al.

Maybe this season will end on a big cliffhanger in an attempt to drum up ratings for their return in S6. (Hey, it worked for TWD premiere last fall. Of course, then their ratings plummeted afterwards.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

You think  they'll be Arrow S6 villains?

Considering they have to follow JS and his fantastic acting abilities, I really wonder if that is the best way to go.  I mean the girl who plays Artemis seems nice but to have her follow in JS's footsteps seems kind of laughable.

• Love 1

I'm still going through the posts but isn't the Occam's Razor version that SA tweeted that picture because KC is coming back for 522 and not to be the vilain next season.

And why shouldn't Talia turn out to be a female villain for this season?

• Love 1