Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Fire!

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I  see a cut edge and layers. If he used canned dough it was either a biscuit or bread dough that he laminated by putting fat between the biscuits and rolling them out or using the bread dough to make a turned laminated dough. He could have used "Flakey" biscuits or those "cressent" (sp?)  rolls that are already a "laminated" type of dough.

After laminating, if needed, he probably rolled them flat to the desired depth and length, cut a strip, formed it around a greased ring or can and baked it still wrapped around the can. Only way to get a perfect circle.

P.S. if you haven't tried your hand at making croissants you should they are easy, yummy and are great to freeze and pull out when you want them.

The description says it's puff pastry, not biscuit dough.  I use puff pastry from the freezer section, even if it has shortening instead of butter.  There are only two national brands out in the US, and they don't taste like dough from a can because it's not dough from a can.

Leon was so quick to say that Kate was drinking.  I wonder if the reason Leon sleeps all the time and sleeps so heavily is because he himself drinks.

The description says it's puff pastry, not biscuit dough.  I use puff pastry from the freezer section, even if it has shortening instead of butter.  There are only two national brands out in the US, and they don't taste like dough from a can because it's not dough from a can.

Leon was so quick to say that Kate was drinking.  I wonder if the reason Leon sleeps all the time and sleeps so heavily is because he himself drinks.  You could easily see the horribly mean expression on his face when he says that Kate was drinking.  He was excited about possibly getting her kicked off from his fake story.

You know, I wouldn't be shocked if a yacht like Eros has a self-cleaning oven. If that's the case, then Leon is so lazy he can't even press a button for the oven to clean itself. Now THAT'S laziness!

Well, that puts the oven out of commission for a long time. Disposable liners would be the way to go, you ask me. But Leon doesn't seem like the oven cleaning type.

Leon is an idiot...I have a self cleaning oven and I use a liner that has to go on the bottom rack as my bottom heating coils are 'hidden', so I can not put the liner on the floor of the oven.  I make a practice of running the cleaning cycle every couple of weeks and NEVER have any problem....but then, I do tend to keep my kitchen rather clean...I really hope all this Leon as the misogynistic, lazy, arrogant idiot is production driven rather than his actual personality....cuz...who the HELL would want to hire a total douche like that? And even more...WHO would want to eat at a restaurant that employed such a lazy total douche of a chef?

• Love 3
I can't imagine in this day and age that foreign workers aren't required to show proof that they can get themselves back home.

Where I work, they have to show some sort of document or bank statement, that they have a certain amount of funds on hand.

A friend of mine who is a feminist weighed in on the Leon/Kate saga.  She said something very interesting.  Leon, she said is a douche because he can do his job, be a chef, until he drops dead; how many years can Kate be a chief stew?   Leon can have a big belly, but can Kate?  Stews have to be fit, pretty, young; but chefs don't have to be either of those things.  She thought Kate was over forty and wondered if she was at the end of her "stew" career.  

I wonder if Kate ever spoke to Captain Lee about Leon.  If she didn't that's too bad, then don't complain in your TH's.  But if she did speak to the captain and he did nothing, shame on him.

I still can't with Eddie and Rocky.  Eddie has to be doing this to hurt his girlfriend, I mean why hook up with someone, knowing it'll be on camera?  I can't wait to see Rocky go cray cray on Eddie.

• Love 4

I'm watching quesadilla-gate again... I'll preface this with I have absolutely NO skill in the kitchen. It's ok I'm good at other things. I just had chips and salsa for dinner, but even I would never think of putting quesadillas in the microwave, especially with meat on them. While we are at it I would also never just throw together whatever cheeses I could find with whatever protein is on hand and call it a day. The steak Rocky used looked cold and grizzly, I hope for the guests sake they were drunk.

• Love 4

I'm not sure I would say chefs don't need to be fit. Some of them tend to be a bit overweight because they test everything they cook and usually eat junk for their own meals (hence why Leon was eating ramen), however I know Gordon Ramsay has said he thinks a fat chef looks sloppy and unprofessional and perhaps there are others who think the same.

• Love 1

Where I work, they have to show some sort of document or bank statement, that they have a certain amount of funds on hand.

A friend of mine who is a feminist weighed in on the Leon/Kate saga. She said something very interesting. Leon, she said is a douche because he can do his job, be a chef, until he drops dead; how many years can Kate be a chief stew? Leon can have a big belly, but can Kate? Stews have to be fit, pretty, young; but chefs don't have to be either of those things. She thought Kate was over forty and wondered if she was at the end of her "stew" career.

I wonder if Kate ever spoke to Captain Lee about Leon. If she didn't that's too bad, then don't complain in your TH's. But if she did speak to the captain and he did nothing, shame on him.

I still can't with Eddie and Rocky. Eddie has to be doing this to hurt his girlfriend, I mean why hook up with someone, knowing it'll be on camera? I can't wait to see Rocky go cray cray on Eddie.

I have been thinking about them also and am only posting my opinions.

One thing that bothers me about Kate is since the beginning she's very dismissive and honestly bitchy about any charter guests who are in her criticism "other" like new money, middle class, or ethnically different (like the Italian American charter), or not fitting some white bread physical cookie cutter (being heavy, plus sized, having implants and pin up-y looking). This is such a huge turn off for me because it makes her sound ...in the words of Maya Wilkes "classist & egregious" but like also who the fuck does she think she is its SO rude, and finally as a woman of color who has a menial trade job it is off putting. I know she'd make an "I smell shit" expression and nasty ass remark if I was ever on a charter.

So there's that. And that will affect some of my opinion of her.

I think she and Leon both have faults but very different. He has to be very artistic and technical and think/produce on the fly also not have to develop team skills or customer skills. It's all on him and he has no underlings (or help). She has to perform constantly and put on a show and it can be route and tedious and she has to train and micro manage underlings. They each probably believe their respective role is harder. Besides those key difference in jobs and experience, Leon is more emotional and candid, but unprofessional in those and she is a more polished and phony & passive aggressive. It's like oil and water.

Eddie is gross. He was so using Rocky and she's all cool with it. I think from her constant mugging, singing, ass baring, chasing guys and sexual innuendo, playing the victim, being too good or lazy to lift a finger, ect she is really insecure. "Pay attention to me!" "Look at me" "Do whatever blah blah me!" "Validate me!" She'll wake up in a few years and wonder why this is a pattern.

And Eddie if he thinks this is showing his gf - what a damn immature spiteful cad.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 3

I didn't read the article but was responding to what the original poster wrote here on PTV. It looked like puff pastry to me also but the poster referred to it as a biscuit dough and said in a second post that it tasted like the Hungry Jack Biscuits he makes. I posted ways that the chef might have used a biscuit dough (quick fire challenge style) to achieve some semblance of a puff pastry and create a perfect baked circle.

I too use pre-made laminated dough (Pepperidge and Le Chef) and make them myself.

edited for gender correction, sorry Bruinsfan!

Edited by Giselle

Leon was so quick to say that Kate was drinking.  I wonder if the reason Leon sleeps all the time and sleeps so heavily is because he himself drinks.

I would LOVE to have been in on that little tattle session to raise my hand and interject "Wait a minute, exactly how would you know if Kate were or weren't drinking? Weren't you in your cabin sleeping so deeply the alarm didn't wake you? I thought that was why the stews were preparing food for the guests in the first place—so you're saying you were in the kitchen when this mysterious oven fire started after all?"

I didn't read the article but was responding to what the original poster wrote here on PTV. It looked like puff pastry to me also but the poster referred to it as a biscuit dough and said in a second post that it tasted like the Hungry Jack Biscuits she makes.

He, actually.

• Love 3

I am literally that lazy, but I'm not a professional chef and my oven also isn't dirty enough to catch fire.  I've had it for 5 years and never used the self-cleaning function because I'm irrationally afraid that I'll burn the house down and I'm too lazy to get out the manual and read the directions to make sure I do it properly.  I just wipe the oven down on occasion, but mainly I just try to keep it clean by not using it.  I did use it twice today though (once to bake some yams and once to make a delicious casserole), which is like a record in this house.  Neither time caused a fire.  

• Love 5

Haven't made it through the first page of posts yet because I held off until I'd actually watched the episode, having the feeling that it would be a "good" one and didn't want to "spoil" it. Wow, it sure was!

So far I've given the thumbs up to so many posts that I'll probably run out, so just wanted to say that I appreciate all the hilarious and right-on comments. This episode was my fave so far because it gave us everything: Kate's subtle, cutting wit; total proof that Leon is a slack-ass misogynist and Rocky is his childish sycophant; Capt. Lee's priceless facial "WTF?" reaction to Rocky's gooey chatter; Amy's tried-and-true professionalism; Connie's stalwart efforts to keep the boat on course; and Eddie's foolish inability to leave it with a "one and done". Oh, and Emile? Was Emile. Connie to Emile: "You can't be both pretty AND dumb." HA!

Ok, back to my reading! Can't. wait. for the next ep.

• Love 3
The editing was wonky in this one and totally obvious. The scene with the captain and Eddie sitting at the table was edited to look like it happened twice on two different days. Look at the yogurt container same exact one sitting on it's side on the table yet it's two separate days and they're listening to two separate arguments between Kate and Leon.

Yeah, I know, I saw that. But Capt. Lee's look was so nice it deserved to be shown twice! I hope I can master that look one day.

I don't get why it's so bad for a male chef to yell at a woman if he yells at men too. If you want to be treated as an equal, IMO you can't hide behind your skirts, play little girl and cry, just my two cents.

There's a long, respected tradition of chefs screaming at their underlings in kitchens. However, said underlings are directly under the chef's direction, and some are in training to become chefs themselves. Kate is equal to Leon, and Amy is under Kate's supervision, not Leon's. All are supposed to work together in coordination to serve the guests pleasing and excellent meals and, most important to the staff, earn those tips. Leon is arrogant and not a team player.

Even through all the noise of people yelling, fire alarms going off, Leon slept through it. It woke up Amy and Connie.

He slept through a fire alarm onboard a ship! Is that stupid and lazy or what? Or did production tell him, "don't worry it's all under control"? Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 3

Capt. Lee says in his blog that the gals probably thought he would be angry when he saw the crazy bubble bath scenes but he wasn't because they didn't do any real harm, needed a little fun, and cleaned up their mess. I felt they would know how to wet-vac up the mess and it wasn't anything that would cause damage. But who was the lulu who poured way too much bubble bath liquid into the jacuzzi in the first place? All I saw was an arm, but I'd bet a bundle that it was Rocky's. She's that dumb, but then again, probably did it on purpose for the fun and for the cameras -- which actually worked out. That was waaay more of a foam party than the lame thing they did on deck earlier this season.

• Love 3

I would LOVE to have been in on that little tattle session to raise my hand and interject "Wait a minute, exactly how would you know if Kate were or weren't drinking? Weren't you in your cabin sleeping so deeply the alarm didn't wake you? I thought that was why the stews were preparing food for the guests in the first place—so you're saying you were in the kitchen when this mysterious oven fire started after all?"

He, actually.

Sorry Bruinsfan. I corrected my post.

And as far as Leon, I don't think he though that out before giving it voice. I think the Captain finally has his number but for me it is too little too late. The captain should have nipped this in the bud a long time ago. 

• Love 1

Capt. Lee says in his blog that the gals probably thought he would be angry when he saw the crazy bubble bath scenes but he wasn't because they didn't do any real harm, needed a little fun, and cleaned up their mess. I felt they would know how to wet-vac up the mess and it wasn't anything that would cause damage. But who was the lulu who poured way too much bubble bath liquid into the jacuzzi in the first place? All I saw was an arm, but I'd bet a bundle that it was Rocky's. She's that dumb, but then again, probably did it on purpose for the fun and for the cameras -- which actually worked out. That was waaay more of a foam party than the lame thing they did on deck earlier this season.

I'm pretty sure it was Connie. She was the one flailing around with the bubbles but I think it's because she couldn't reach down to turn the jets off. You're not supposed to put bubble bath in a jacuzzi because the bubbles will never stop, unless of course you want a foam party.

Rocky was nowhere near their hot tub party. Probably because she wasn't invited, but possibly because she was too busy chasing dick.

• Love 5

I'm pretty sure it was Connie. She was the one flailing around with the bubbles but I think it's because she couldn't reach down to turn the jets off. You're not supposed to put bubble bath in a jacuzzi because the bubbles will never stop, unless of course you want a foam party.

Rocky was nowhere near their hot tub party. Probably because she wasn't invited, but possibly because she was too busy chasing dick.

Thanks for clarifying that. Yes, I think it was Connie while Rocky was probably off "doing laundry" or something penis-related. You can put bubble bath in a jacuzzi but it must be only a few tiny drops!

I sometimes forget Connie is one of the gals. It's nice when she is included in their fun, like when Kate called her in to see the photos of the hot single men that would be boarding. 

Speaking of, anyone else think that Rocky's straight hair was less to do with Eddie and more about hoping to attract one of those single men? Rather than do her work when on night duty, she was trying hard to get one of them to fall for her, release her from the "dungeon", and put a glass slipper on her foot or something. Or if not, at least give her a quick tumble in the laundry room. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 4

Not only was the oven a wreck, it looked like there were forgotten potatoes or something in it on the racks and I can't tell what was on the floor of it. It looked way worse than mine and I'm a slob and not a professional chef working in a kitchen as my job.

Maybe Leon is sleeping so much and a cranky ass because he depressed over being away from his kids? Or he could just be a lazy asshole.

There was totally something in the bottom of the oven, we saw it early in the episode but they were gone after the fire scene. You can see the burn marks where they were. Maybe that reveal is saved for the next episode. Rocky is such an asshole. I liked her at first but she cheers Leon on when he is passive-aggressively abusive to Kate.

• Love 3
One thing that bothers me about Kate is since the beginning she's very dismissive and honestly bitchy about any charter guests who are in her criticism "other" like new money, middle class, or ethnically different (like the Italian American charter), or not fitting some white bread physical cookie cutter (being heavy, plus sized, having implants and pin up-y looking). This is such a huge turn off for me because it makes her sound ...in the words of Maya Wilkes "classist & egregious" but like also who the fuck does she think she is its SO rude, and finally as a woman of color who has a menial trade job it is off putting. I know she'd make an "I smell shit" expression and nasty ass remark if I was ever on a charter.

That's one of my problems about Kate too.  That's one reason I can't totally be on her side.  She does seem to look down her nose on certain charter guests.  

• Love 1

Bottom line for me is that there was something already in that oven.  It looked like baked potatoes to me as well.  Did they start the fire?  I don't know but it seems kind of unlikely.  Did the pizza in the oven start the fire?  I think that's unlikely as well. There were also trays in the oven that could have been greasy because they were left there and not washed.  And who's responsibly for that?  The chef who was sleeping and not in the kitchen when the guests asked for food.  

But Leon is blaming Kate because she was drinking.  Yeah, right.  And Rocky's blaming Kate because Kate put the pizza in the oven.  It doesn't matter that Kate was serving the guests when the fire happen and left Rocky in the kitchen.  And Kate is supposed to check the oven before she puts anything in there because Leon may have food and dirty pans in there.  It's all BS on Leon and Rocky's part but it looks like Capt. Lee is seeing right through it.  At least I hope.

• Love 3

I paused my recording on the open oven early in the episode and there are three baked sweet potatoes sitting on the lower rack and beneath them on the oven bottom are huge burnt black residue bubbles that seem to have come from the juices that spilled out of the potatoes. Kinda weird as it seemed the potatoes had just been left there, cold and forgotten, but later when the pizza went in I saw a couple of oven pans on that rack and that the blackened mess was still on the oven bottom. That's what caught fire. I assume that cleaning the oven is totally Leon's responsibility.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 4

I paused my recording on the open oven early in the episode and there are three baked sweet potatoes sitting on the lower rack and beneath them on the oven bottom are huge burnt black residue bubbles that seem to have come from the juices that spilled out of the potatoes. Kinda weird as it seemed the potatoes had just been left there, cold and forgotten, but later when the pizza went in I saw a couple of oven pans on that rack and that the blackened mess was still on the oven bottom. That's what caught fire. I assume that cleaning the oven is totally Leon's responsibility.

I have no idea what that blackened shit is on the bottom of the oven, but I swear the first time I watched it, I thought they were turtle shells. Now I think they might be the ghosts of the cheesecake brownies coming back to haunt Leon. It's gross, whatever it is. And it doesn't take a chef to know that ovens aren't just extra cabinet space.

• Love 3

And it doesn't take a chef to know that ovens aren't just extra cabinet space.

Interestingly, on some boats they are -- sort of. Ovens can work as a Faraday cage and protect electronics during a lightning storm. It's not uncommon to find ovens stuffed with laptops and other "portable" electronics.

• Love 1

Interestingly, on some boats they are -- sort of. Ovens can work as a Faraday cage and protect electronics during a lightning storm. It's not uncommon to find ovens stuffed with laptops and other "portable" electronics.

Even more reason to keep it clean and not use it as a storage space for assorted squash and fungi

• Love 3

Ugh, if I had heard the name Ryan Gosling again I would have screamed. I must be the only one, but I think Ryan Gosling is ugly. The real one and the faux one on the show.

I'm with ya on Ryan Gosling. Not swoon worthy to me either. Give me Kevin Costner any day.

Have to admit Rocky cracks me up, but I wouldn't want to work with the girl.

Leon is no prize either. Connie and Emile for sure

I totally had to post this again, because it really begs to bee seen again.  To me, Kate is very class struck.  She has this idea of how people should be, should look, etc.  If someone comes on the boat who's more middle class, or any kind of ethnicity, not white bread cookie cutter, she goes to nut city.  I mean who the fuck does she think she is, she's no better than anybody else, she's got a job, so do a lot of people.  I am a woman of color as well, and I could see her looking her fake nose down on me if ever I came on a boat where she was working.  

But I don't think that's why Rocky doesn't like her.  I think Rocky doesn't like Kate because Kate is all business when it comes to the job.  She's not into playing games with Rocky, just do your job and we'll get along.  Rocky likes to be the center of attention, she feels that because she's young and cute then she's entitled to do what she wants; Rocky doesn't take the job seriously, she's probably there to be on TV, she probably wants to have some type of entertainment career, whereas Kate is there to work.  She's aware of the cameras too, and maybe she's using the show to propel her to another job, or maybe she just hopes that some rich man will see her and sweep her off her feet.  Good luck with that one.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

I'm going to give Kate the benefit of the doubt, because as a luxury service provider, I can see where she's coming from. For some of the more "new money" guests, this Bravo discount deal is the only way they'll be able to book a charter yacht. For the last twenty years she has served on luxury yachts with people who are accustomed to private chefs and full time maids. They book three week holidays and within a few days, the place runs like clockwork.

Now she's got Bravo's hand-picked clients from hell who are milking the next 32 hours because it's the only taste of luxury they'll have this year. She's got twice the turnover with the quick excursions and she's cramming a week's worth of themes and games and scavengers hunts into a couple of days. So I can see where she's coming from when she looks at the dossier and rolls her eyes, knowing the guests are going to be a handful before they even step on board.

• Love 5

It seems to me Kate's favorite guests are the ones she can keep drunk -- but not too sloppy -- and entertained. She's most happy when they pass out early in their beds, are off the boat on outings, and don't want more than the basic three meals and a simple cheese plate snack before dinner. Not criticizing her because I think I'd feel the same way. Get 'em on the boat, keep 'em happy drunk, entertain 'em, feed 'em, get 'em off the boat. Collect tip. Repeat.

• Love 1

The fire made me forget the laugh out loud moment when Kate looked at Rocky's quesadilla concoction and asked, "Um, is that...curry...?" and then later told Amy that the guests were being served "left-over pot roast quesadillas" and she only hoped the Fireball shots would dull their tastebuds. Cut to Ryan Gosling lookalike chowing down on the quesadillas and saying, "These are soooo good!" with more Fireball shots lined up on the side of the jacuzzi. Comedy gold!

Watching today's marathon just made it more clear than ever that Leon and Rocky bond because both are certain that they are well "above" the jobs they are doing. Leon calling out Kate for not being professional made me scoff out loud. Kate has shown episode after episode that she is indeed a professional and good at her job. Leon has similarly proven himself in less than one season to be an arrogant, unprofessional jerk who only gets along with Rocky because they share the same lack of work ethic. 

Rocky's tantrum was beyond belief. If I'd been there I might have slapped her! "Snap out of it, you stupid little bitch! Yes, you are third stew, so go clean a few toilets, Special Snowflake."

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 5

I have a stupid question: do people make quesadillas in a microwave like Rocky did? I've always made it on a stove top in a frying pan (sometimes with a lid) so the tortilla gets nice and crispy and the cheese melts.

Rocky looks nice with straightened hair. Not that one needs straight hair to look good, it just brings out her features more.

I doubt the guests care about whether the crew members are likeable people outside of their jobs. They do care that they do their jobs.

Bottom line: Kate does her job, and she does it well. BRF or not, she really does work to make sure the guests have a good time. She has exacting standards, and she expects the rest of the crew -- particularly those who work for her -- to meet those standards.

Rocky does the things she has learned to do -- like laundry -- well. But she doesn't know everything, and she doesn't have Kate's standards. She could, if she wanted to, but rather than make checklists, she would rather do the minimum and party. She reminds me of a teen working at a part time job who calls in sick whenever the job shift isn't convenient. It's not malicious; it's self-centered. The guests are not Rocky's focus. Rocky is Rocky's focus.

Leon. I don't even know where to go with Leon. Is he a talented chef? Apparently. But he doesn't give a rat's ass about the guests, which means he isn't right for a yacht like this. His JOB is to make the guests happy, and he doesn't do that. Oh, they like his meals (usually), but he doesn't cater to THEIR wants. If he catered to the guests' every whim, I wouldn't care that he was an arrogant, misogynistic dick. (I mean, I'm not dating him.) But he doesn't do that.

Kate deserves to be there. Rocky is young; if she's open to learning, she should stay, but if not, she should leave. Leon needs to be tossed in the ocean and left.

• Love 6

I'm going to give Kate the benefit of the doubt, because as a luxury service provider, I can see where she's coming from. For some of the more "new money" guests, this Bravo discount deal is the only way they'll be able to book a charter yacht. For the last twenty years she has served on luxury yachts with people who are accustomed to private chefs and full time maids. They book three week holidays and within a few days, the place runs like clockwork.

Now she's got Bravo's hand-picked clients from hell who are milking the next 32 hours because it's the only taste of luxury they'll have this year. She's got twice the turnover with the quick excursions and she's cramming a week's worth of themes and games and scavengers hunts into a couple of days. So I can see where she's coming from when she looks at the dossier and rolls her eyes, knowing the guests are going to be a handful before they even step on board.

So does that mean she has the right to turn up her nose at people just because they're middle class?  What a witch.

Watching today's marathon just made it more clear than ever that Leon and Rocky bond because both are certain that they are well "above" the jobs they are doing. Leon calling out Kate for not being professional made me scoff out loud. Kate has shown episode after episode that she is indeed a professional and good at her job. Leon has similarly proven himself in less than one season to be an arrogant, unprofessional jerk who only gets along with Rocky because they share the same lack of work ethic.

I don't know if they feel they're above their jobs, I don't think either of them really wants to be there.  The thing is, a lot of people hate their jobs, but feel, "I'm here now, so I'll make the best of it."  Most people never get the life or the job they dream of, but are able to face reality and find some good in what they do; I get that with Amy. With Kate I don't get that; I sometimes feel Kate has been a "stew" too long.

Edited by Neurochick

I have a stupid question: do people make quesadillas in a microwave like Rocky did? I've always made it on a stove top in a frying pan (sometimes with a lid) so the tortilla gets nice and crispy and the cheese melts.

Rocky looks nice with straightened hair. Not that one needs straight hair to look good, it just brings out her features more.

I have, but I'm notoriously bad at cooking, but when I did it was literally just tortillas and cheese and it was in a pinch that I couldn't use the stove or oven, and I never would have if I had meat in them, even if the meat was cooked and nelly yet needed to be warm I feel like by the time you would get the meat warm enough the cheese would be a melty mess. And for the record I would never use the types of cheese she used either.

Speaking of penis related, Leon has a photo of him groping himself up on twitter.  https://twitter.com/starchefleon/status/655296056947814400  How on earth does he expect to ever get a good job again?

Once again Leon is telling us who he is. He is a dick, who also has to grope himself because no woman will get near him.

Oh and Emile,  little boy I'm talking to you, a real "honest man" has the balls to tell his friend when he is being a dick to a woman but that ain't gonna happen because yours haven't dropped yet and Leon doesn't respect you because all you do is get drunk and fall over your tongue and you are not his equal.

Well, I clicked the link to Leon's twitter, and now it's protected.  Guess he got a little feedback that he didn't like?

Kate may come off as a harsh bitch, but yeah she's got a job to get done.  Rocky wants to be on tv, not to work as a stew.  If she thought this was her way to get into a gig as a tv chef, uh no.  Oreos on salad?  The quesadilla was too much.  Quesadillas are typically done on a grill top or skillet; I've never seen it done via microwave.  They were lucky the guests were drunk.

Leon has restaurants somewhere; if he was looking for free advertising for those, I'll pass.  Even if his food was fantastic, he's a class a jerk, so I wouldn't give him one dime of my hard earned money.  I had something fall off in my oven - I think an errant pepperoni (freaking take home pizza was soggy, so it was a disaster).  Anyhow, I thought I had scooped it all out.  Wrong.  Yeah there was a mini fire in the oven when I next used it.  I shut the oven door, turned it off, and when it cooled, got out some oven cleaner.  I've also forgotten I had clean pans in the oven, and guess what - no fire.   It'd be up to Leon or his "sous chef" Rocky to clean the oven.

• Love 1