Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

^ All of the best traits representing A Man of the American West in one fine package. Married to the same gal for 34 years, good husband, good father, never a hint of scandal or bad behavior. Rowr.

One survey indicated that 88% of Americans recognize/can identify his  voice in the "Beef. It's What's For Dinner" TV commercials. (Previously voiced, until his death, by actor Robert Mitchum). 

Headed to Netflix - thx for the tip. ;-)

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 4
On 12/4/2018 at 9:06 PM, suomi said:

^ All of the best traits representing A Man of the American West in one fine package. Married to the same gal for 34 years, good husband, good father, never a hint of scandal or bad behavior. Rowr.

One survey indicated that 88% of Americans recognize/can identify his  voice in the "Beef. It's What's For Dinner" TV commercials. (Previously voiced, until his death, by actor Robert Mitchum). 

Headed to Netflix - thx for the tip. ;-)

https://amomama.us/97951-sam-elliotts-daughter-isnt-allowed-mothe.html

I remember reading about this a while back.   Hope it is all resolved now.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I remember reading about this a while back.   Hope it is all resolved now.

Sounds like she has some mental issues.  That's a hard thing to handle especially when it's in the limelight.  

21 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

YEESH!  If you find it necessary to share with the world the profound depth of your feelings for your spouse, at least make it original, from your OWN heart.

Is it their anniversary or something?  Or just a stupid random posting?  What, no LuLaNo leggings to shill today?

• Love 3

Where is the rest of the tribe?  Did Meri not think any of the LLR sweaters were ugly enough,... Janelle had difficulty deciding what to wear, so opted for not attending...Robyn was too busy shipping last minute joo-rey orders...and King Kody decided it was a mockery of Christmas and against his deeply held convictions? 

• Love 7

I'm thinking, from the endless string of hashtags, that this shindig was in Vegas not Flagstaff.  Which would explain why the rest of the fambly wasn't there.  Dividing that love again. 

Polygamy is such a blessing, right?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I'm thinking, from the endless string of hashtags, that this shindig was in Vegas not Flagstaff.  Which would explain why the rest of the fambly wasn't there.  Dividing that love again. 

Polygamy is such a blessing, right?

I just found it surprising that Christine made the trek to join in the festivities at Janelle's daughter's home and she didn't.  But then, Christine is never one to turn down an opportunity to par-tay.

• Love 4
On 12/4/2018 at 10:06 AM, LoneWolf said:

The uplines earn money based upon how much their downlines purchase from the company.  If the downlines never sell it, it matters not because the uplines get paid already. I've had more than a few Mary Kay people aggressively pursue me (I wear makeup and its very natural--no caterpillars above my eyes, no winged out eyeliner, no false lashes) so I've seen these people "work their business" and uplines pushing downlines to put orders in. I've lost several friends because I refused to be bullied into signing up. If I get a sniff of a MK lady, I turn and bolt. No more being nice and letting the "independent business woman" do a "facial" on me. That's why the individual downlines in companies like LLR have no chance; they're put to buy more inventory regardless of their ability to sell that inventory. The uplines don't care because they get paid by the orders, not the sales. Essentially, these consultants are the customers because they purchase the inventory. If they can't resell that inventory, well then they start shaming you. "You need to work harder, quitters never win and winners never quit". They have a language unto themselves. It really is sad and predatory of women who buy into the "dream". In the day of the internet where you can research anything before jumping in, I think there is no excuse for people getting involved in these things. 

That actually changed which is why some of the top 100 quit. It went to a bonus based solely on how much their downline were selling through Bless. LLR did that to skirt the law because their previous bonus plan was straight up illegal. 

• Love 1
On 11/28/2018 at 4:07 PM, Sasha888 said:

I checked out Ebay just to see how flooded it is with people trying to unload this crap - just the leggings alone there's TONS of them trying to sell for as little as $3.

One person who's obviously going out of business is trying to sell the size chart, price chart, etc that you'd put up at a pop-up sale, and I noticed this on the "How to Care" for your LuLaRoe section of that sign:

"Turn inside out, wash on cold gentle cycle or hand wash. Hang to dry or you will be sad. :-( "

Are you kidding me? At my house doing laundry is like a "survival of the fittest" test for the clothing...if you don't survive the washer, dryer, and come out wrinkle free, you go in the garbage or get donated! 

It's a hilarious coincidence that I saw this now, because I just got done doing some wardrobe thinning - and I had several pieces of clothing that caused the little voices in my head to speak up - "Oh, but it's so cute!" and then the other voice "It wrinkles terribly and you know you're too lazy to ever pick up an iron! Throw it in the damn bag!" Ha ha ha....and into the donation bag it goes.

Words like "hand wash" and "lay flat to dry" basically mean "disposable clothing" to me. I know I'm going to wear it once, then ruin it and end up throwing it away.

OMG yes, ain't no one got time for giving clothes the kid-glove treatment!

And it is a hilarious coincidence for me as well, as I just cleaned out my closet and bureaus last night and bit the bullet with regard to clothes that no longer fit. Tired of opening my door/drawer and wading through piles of too-tight tops and pants to get to something that might look decent, lol. And anything that requires more than the standard washer and dryer or hang to dry went bye-bye - I do hang most of my clothes so they don't shrink. 

And also, maybe someone who has more experience with LuLaNo can elaborate, but I could have sworn that years ago when the company first started gaining popularity that one of the selling points of their leggings was how durable they were - does anyone else remember that?

• Love 3
On 12/26/2018 at 6:39 AM, ginger90 said:

I'm not a Scrooge by any means, but I'm over the matchy-matchy "family" pajamas trend. Everyone doing it and posting it on social media just kind of makes it seem boring. Call me a snob.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I'm not a Scrooge by any means, but I'm over the matchy-matchy "family" pajamas trend

Especially when the cat and dog are wearing matching pj's as well.  My dog would never speak to me again.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Great, another screaming birth scene just in a different tub.

This tub may be in Greenville, NC if TLC decides to travel there for the birth-in as  Caleb has accepted a job there.  She is due in August, probably before Janelle has her new home built, so if the rental property has a tub big enough maybe the Brush's will travel to Flagstaff for the event.

• Love 6
On 6/7/2018 at 3:06 PM, lma said:

I liked Maddie’s post, but I also believe she should’ve known her belly was going to attract attention and even negative comments. It’s the first thing most people are going to notice. 

I don’t agree with the negative comments about her imperfect body because social media is way too edited and fake, so good for her for being herself and loving it. 

But I definitely see why people asked if she was pregnant because she does look it. 

I thought her post was very defensive and a LITTLE bit on the ridiculous side.  Considering the billions of people populating this planet - LOTS of women give birth and are proud of their healthy babies.  It's not rocket science - anyone can and DOES do it, (sometimes unfortunately - but that's another story.)  I even had a set of twins - you want to talk big belly?  Um... yep.  And yes - our bodies change.  And if you have a pooch you might want to choose clothes more flattering, and save yourself the angst that comes with being recognized from reality TV.  To Madison:  Do you work out?  Eat a healthy diet?   I actually WORKED on my stomach, even when my little ones were babies.  And if you don't WANT to work out - that's fine!  Everyone can live exactly how they wish to, as long as they aren't hurting anyone else.  Don't be a snowflake.  I like that photo too, and I think you look beautiful.  And if others made comments - ignore and move on.  No reason to take everything to heart.  The internet is a snarky place.  I should know.  I can snark with the best of them.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

This tub may be in Greenville, NC if TLC decides to travel there for the birth-in as  Caleb has accepted a job there.  She is due in August, probably before Janelle has her new home built, so if the rental property has a tub big enough maybe the Brush's will travel to Flagstaff for the event.

Ooh how do you know that's where they're moving?

From a PEOPLE “exclusive “:

As Maddie and Caleb prepare to welcome their new arrival, another baby isn’t the only big change in their lives. The couple is moving from Las Vegas to Greenville, North Carolina, where Caleb got a new job.

“We are ecstatic about this new chapter,” Maddie tells PEOPLE. “Sad to leave family, but excited to see what is in store for us on this next adventure!”

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Good to know that he is well enough to work.

I wonder if he has spent the time he has been out of work due to illness to attend school to qualify him for some type of trade.  It seems to me that when he was working, he was employed by Home Depot and I don't see them transferring someone at a level less than management.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I live in North Carolina and we have really, really good hospitals here.  MAddie, get yourself to a hospital!

• Love 6

Why, with a second child on the way, would they move so far from home?

Funnily enough, I live in Greenville, NC, and I am getting ready to put my house on the market and move back to where my kids’ grandparents are. It is hard being out here all by ourselves without any family, plus I want my kids to grow up around their extended family like I did. I find it so curious they would leave all of their family. Second, it is expensive to move! I can’t imagine what job Caleb is qualified for that would be worth moving clear across the US.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I want my kids to grow up around their extended family like I did.

Grow up with that group of grifters?  Those kids are better off far away from the jobless jerks so they can have a normal childhood.  A childhood that includes only one mother and one father.  And a dad that, hopefully, actually holds a job that isn't part of an MLM, and no cameras.  Those kids are better off a continent away.

• Love 14

Home Depot is a good company to work for. I can see Caleb getting a promotion and there are plenty of health care jobs in this area of NC, the cost of living is a lot less than Vegas. In NC we also have many opportunities for fish and game activities, we have the best BBQ in the country and our higher education is superb. Welcome MAddie and Caleb!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Well, in theory Janelle has her beloved sister wives who will be more than happy to take in her two younger children while she hops on a plane to help Maddie with a new little one.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Funnily enough, I live in Greenville, NC, and I am getting ready to put my house on the market and move back to where my kids’ grandparents are. It is hard being out here all by ourselves without any family, plus I want my kids to grow up around their extended family like I did. I find it so curious they would leave all of their family. Second, it is expensive to move! I can’t imagine what job Caleb is qualified for that would be worth moving clear across the US.

Normally I would agree with you 100%. My family all still lives in the same state, even aunts/uncles/cousins that we rarely see. Many members of my husband's family have moved out of state though, and we always go back and forth about it because I just can't understand how someone can move away and take their kid or kids away from family. 

However:

2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Grow up with that group of grifters?  Those kids are better off far away from the jobless jerks so they can have a normal childhood.  A childhood that includes only one mother and one father.  And a dad that, hopefully, actually holds a job that isn't part of an MLM, and no cameras.  Those kids are better off a continent away.

It could very well be that Maddie and Caleb are done with the Brown Family Circus and want some quiet time away from the spotlight. If Caleb got offered a decent job then maybe even the lure of TLC money is not enough to keep them under such scrutiny. I do feel bad for Janelle though, having her grandchildren living so far away.

1 hour ago, neh said:

Home Depot is a good company to work for. I can see Caleb getting a promotion and there are plenty of health care jobs in this area of NC, the cost of living is a lot less than Vegas. In NC we also have many opportunities for fish and game activities, we have the best BBQ in the country and our higher education is superb. Welcome MAddie and Caleb!

Several members of my husband's family have moved to North Carolina! Maybe one of these days we will get down there for a visit.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, neh said:

Does Caleb work for Home Depot?  I've always wondered what he did for work.

1 hour ago, smarty2020 said:

Does Caleb work for Home Depot?  I've always wondered what he did for work.

I'm pretty sure he had just recently started working for Home Depot when they were about to deliver Axel.  Shortly after he was born, Caleb had some serious health issues and had to leave work.  I don't know if he went back to school when he was off work, the 2 of them said that they intended to go back to school, but I imagine that Maddie may have been pretty busy with her LLR and baby.

Edit to add:  Before moving to Las Vegas, Caleb had been engaged in mining equipment repair.  Heavy equipment repair is a specialized, well paid field, possibly his new job in NC involves these skills, maybe he went back to school to gain certification in this area.  

That would make more sense than Home Depot transferring a floor clerk to another State.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Maybe they’ll do a crossover with My Big Fat Supposedly Fabulous Life if they want to film in NC. 

Too late.  They are already filming that show with Mykelti and Tony.   Only it's called "My Ginormous Fat Life With a Pimple Popping Honey Boo boo".

• Love 10
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

CE50C9DE-E4E1-4BBA-A8BE-425ECCBEBFDD.jpeg

madison_rose11

Out of the first trimester! 12 weeks plus some days! This pregnancy has been so different so far. But I'm poppin' earlier 😣 definitely a bump😂.

What is with the crazy eyes?  And for the love of God, find your hairbrush.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7