Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E19: Baptism By Fire

• Start Topic

Just in case anyone wants to use this as a frame of reference.  I know there is no guarantee that his treatments were similar or the same as Brooks allegedly had, but this is Gov. Larry Hogan from Maryland.  He just finished his final round of chemotherapy for an aggressive form of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. "Hogan posted on his Facebook page that over the last four months, he has undergone 30 days of 24-hour chemo, three surgeries, four spinal taps, and "countless" scans." He does not seem to have lost a significant amt of weight, but he did lose his hair.

larry-hogan4.jpg

• Love 3

Vickie: In every season demands her friends have her back. Reminds them of what rotten friends they were for not having her back, then announces she's giving them another chance while openly reminding them their efforts won't be respected. Every. Single. Season. Where's the behinds scenes footage so we can see her conveying her gratitude that her friends have her back?

This bends my brain too often.

New expressions on her face the last 4 episodes, mainly her eyes. She has the 'my life is over-acceptance' gaze about her. When she was outside near the limo, she appeared detached from reality but like needing one foot in and one foot out of the mess. Strange physical behavior, coupled with possible -medicated? - eye gazes.. concerning to see. Anyone else get a suicidal vibe?

Yikes this is the truth. Her gazes said it all...in the limo again when Tamra mentioned that Brooks medical records could of been faked!! Edited by talula
  • Love 2

Was Brooks yelling at Shannon ever shown on the show?  If not, I'm not sure I believe Shannon. I remember the time when she went to Heather's house and Heather ended up asking her to leave. According to Shannon, Heather yelled at her and ordered her out. She does tend to exaggerate.

As for Vicki looking suicidal, I say no way.  

Edited by parisprincess
  • Love 2

Vickie: In every season demands her friends have her back. Reminds them of what rotten friends they were for not having her back, then announces she's giving them another chance while openly reminding them their efforts won't be respected. Every. Single. Season.  Where's the behinds scenes footage so we can see her conveying her gratitude that her friends have her back?

This bends my brain too often.

--  --  --  --  

This is the very thing that I've never understood about any person who thinks that Vicki can be a friend to anyone.  Years of watching her do the same thing to so many, well, I thought it would be apparent that this women is not going to be a 'real' friend to anyone. Especially after watching a few seasons before they get their orange! (Shannon Beador)! 

_  --  --  --  --

New expressions on her face the last 4 episodes, mainly her eyes. She has the 'my life is over-acceptance' gaze about her.  When she was outside near the limo, she appeared detached from reality but like needing one foot in and one foot out of the mess. Strange physical behavior, coupled with possible -medicated? - eye gazes.. concerning to see. Anyone else get a suicidal vibe?

No, I don't get that she's that down out and desperate to do something like that. Not at all.  But, yes, her entire body language changed as did most facial expressions.  She's not as good a liar as she needs to be to pull off a scam like this.  So, she busted in every way possible. 

• Love 7

Was Brooks yelling at Shannon ever shown on the show?  If not, I'm not sure I believe Shannon. I remember the time when she went to Heather's house and Heather ended up asking her to leave. According to Shannon, Heather yelled at her and ordered her out. She does tend to exaggerate.

As for Vicki looking suicidal, I say no way.  

I agree I don't think Vicki looked suicidal.  To me, it looked like a very practiced look of "I am so hurt and confused". at this point I don't put much stock in anything coming out of Vicki being real.

Shannon was the one who said Heather threw her out.  Heather denied it and then later was on film saying she threw or kicked Shannon out.  It was Heather who claimed Shannon was yelling at her and by Reunion time it had been revised to it being Heather's perception of events.  Actually she said the same thing to Shannon at lunch-it was her perception.   So it was more of semantics over the throwing Shannon out and perception as to the yelling last year.  Between Brooks call and Vick's texts I think Shannon got the message Vicki was essentially either angry or done or both with their friendship.

One thing that always makes me laugh is when people say someone hung up the phone.  Eventually you have to hang up the phone.  What I took away from Shannon's comments is Vicki had twice walked out on her, sent her a nasty text, gossiped with Tamra about her, Brooks had called and chewed her out, hung up the phone and then wondered why Shannon would not take Vicki's calls.  To me, it never seemed terribly important to Vicki that Shannon take  the calls until Vicki figured out that Briana had spilled the beans to Tamra.  I just know smug Briana went back to Vicki and discussed the lunch with Tamra.  Also during the silence period Briana had talked to Heather and told her of her mother's representation that Terry had sent a colleague over to aid an ailing Brooks.  So hours before the finale it seemed Vicki was pretty desperate to touch bases with Shannon because her world was unraveling and walking away or not attending was not an option.  Chances are pretty good they withhold a big chunk of the money to ensure everyone shows up.  Vicki's biggest mistake was sending in mental midget Rhonda to fight her battle.  Vicki's brother, who brought the whole mess up was actually listening, it was Rhonda who brought up Shannon being a bad friend and not returning the calls.  There might have been some resolve had Rhonda not butted in.  Brother Billy seemed like he wanted to listen to why these women doubted Brooks.  Rhonda was just a warrior.

• Love 4

Just in case anyone wants to use this as a frame of reference.  I know there is no guarantee that his treatments were similar or the same as Brooks allegedly had, but this is Gov. Larry Hogan from Maryland.  He just finished his final round of chemotherapy for an aggressive form of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. "Hogan posted on his Facebook page that over the last four months, he has undergone 30 days of 24-hour chemo, three surgeries, four spinal taps, and "countless" scans." He does not seem to have lost a significant amt of weight, but he did lose his hair.

larry-hogan4.jpg

He did not lose weight, he gained, (bloating from treatment happens). He also has been very careful about being around anyone with a cold etc...University of Maryland Greenebaum Center where he is being treated is a top notch place.   

• Love 5

I was thinking along the same lines. To qualify for social security disability you have to a doctor certify that you will be disabled for at least two years. Even if you have that, it takes months to process the claim and go through the appeals process (life tip if you are denied appeal ,appeal ,appeal! I'm convinced that this is a weeding out process the government uses) Perhaps Brooke said I have cancer and I'm not going to qualify for disability so I'm going to end up in jail for non support and Vicki moved him in and paid his child support. I think Brooks is smart enough not to submit false records to the court or a government agency .I think Vicki is self centered enough not to really notice he's not sick.

I should have prefaced my statement with: I have turned myself into a pretzel trying to figure out a scenario where Vicki isn't an accomplice , this is the only scenario that makes sense. I'm actually leaning towards her being involved but I just don't want to beleive it. What can I say? I still have a little love for the OG of the OC.

I also think that his comment that he picked Vicki over the ex MKE was texting was key to this theory. I highly doubt that the other woman had the kind of disposable income that Vicki had, hence him picking Vicki over her.

• Love 5

As far as I am concerned I am not the backstabber or the bad friend Vicki, YOU ARE! There is nothing worse than covering for a man that is lying about something as serious as cancer and especially to the extent it was taken too.

Except maybe to sic your son on an obviously intoxicated woman?

What exactly was that orange wetsuit Vicki was wearing in her talking heads?

The baptism in the pool made me laugh so hard.  I mean, is it really necessary to submerge your entire body whilst wearing a white, see-through gown?  I'm laughing just typing this.

• Love 9

I actually think the Brooks/Vicki con is much simpler. Vicki didn't have a real story for the show, Bravo probably wanted to expand on Shannon's story after last season, Vicki probably needs the money after her divorce and can't risk being downgraded to Friend of the Housewives in favor of Shannon becoming the main story, presto-bamo a lets recreate Brooks cancer treatment for an additional story plot is hatched.

• Love 7

Just in case anyone wants to use this as a frame of reference. I know there is no guarantee that his treatments were similar or the same as Brooks allegedly had, but this is Gov. Larry Hogan from Maryland. He just finished his final round of chemotherapy for an aggressive form of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. "Hogan posted on his Facebook page that over the last four months, he has undergone 30 days of 24-hour chemo, three surgeries, four spinal taps, and "countless" scans." He does not seem to have lost a significant amt of weight, but he did lose his hair.

larry-hogan4.jpg

What? He didn't put his hands in the grass and give himself coffee enemas for a cure? Shocking. Shocking I tell you. Edited by FakeJoshDuggar
  • Love 7

Also to add to my above post. I think the idea that Brooks and Vicki decided to recreate a cancer treatment that Brooks did go thorough at some other time for the show sort of explains why Vicki thought she could get away with such inconsistent stories. I think she thought the other cast member knew what she was doing and didn't expect them to have such a big issue with it. From Vicki's standpoint (the standpoint of stupid) I sort of get it. She's not lying, she's recreating. Which they do all the time. It's pretty standard for the Houswives to recreate something that happened off camera for the show. They do it all the time in small ways (calling each other to invite each other on production planned trips they all know they're going on) to big things like Shannon and David's counseling sessions (which I hope to God are not the main sessions they're go to). I imagine to a certain extent it's just an accepted part of doing the show that no one thinks much about. In Vicki's mind that's all she was doing and it doesn't really impact anybody' else's story so if she embellishes a little with stories about midnight IVs why should they care? I think it was a giant miscalculation on Vicki's part about how willing the other women would be to look the other way about doing a storyline about Brooks and cancer, but Vicki's stupid.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 4

He did not lose weight, he gained, (bloating from treatment happens). He also has been very careful about being around anyone with a cold etc...University of Maryland Greenebaum Center where he is being treated is a top notch place.   

Being the governor does have it's perks.  I'd suggest Brooks try to get an appt there, but we all know the plane will have a flat tire, or hit a goose, or the pilot won't show up, the car rental agency will be out of cars, no cabs or buses, etc, etc,...

• Love 8

On a related topic, I noticed Vicki is still trying to peddle her "I gave Donv alimony" garbage, when she was claiming if she had only bought that 'yacht' she would still have it, unlike the river house.  In reality, the yacht, or money equal to its value, would have been given to Donn as part of the property settlement.  CA is a community property state Vicki, we know that, stop peddling crap.

• Love 17

Except maybe to sic your son on an obviously intoxicated woman?

What exactly was that orange wetsuit Vicki was wearing in her talking heads?

The baptism in the pool made me laugh so hard.  I mean, is it really necessary to submerge your entire body whilst wearing a white, see-through gown?  I'm laughing just typing this.

Do you think she had to be talked into wearing the white (one piece) bathing suit underneath?

What? He didn't put his hands in the grass and give himself coffee enemas for a cure? Shocking. Shocking I tell you.

If he did, he didn't tell the press -or probably anyone-that kind of thing would get leaked faster than Shannon's butt after a sitolonic.

He did get a cute hat from some kids with cancer when he was in for one of his treatments that said "Cancer fears ME".  I'd rather buy/make a donation for one of those than Meghan's "Cancer Sucks" trucker hats.

• Love 3

I actually think the Brooks/Vicki con is much simpler. Vicki didn't have a real story for the show, Bravo probably wanted to expand on Shannon's story after last season, Vicki probably needs the money after her divorce and can't risk being downgraded to Friend of the Housewives in favor of Shannon becoming the main story, presto-bamo a lets recreate Brooks cancer treatment for an additional story plot is hatched.

I also think this is why Vicki and Brooks kept telling different stories to all the women. They knew the women would start questioning them sooner or later which guaranteed them more camera time. I don't think they ever thought that the women would call them out like they did though, I think they thought they would all question them then back off and rally around HER! Major fail on Vicki's/Brooks part, MAJOR!

• Love 2
New expressions on her face the last 4 episodes, mainly her eyes. She has the 'my life is over-acceptance' gaze about her. When she was outside near the limo, she appeared detached from reality but like needing one foot in and one foot out of the mess. Strange physical behavior, coupled with possible -medicated? - eye gazes.. concerning to see. Anyone else get a suicidal vibe?

Definitely looked defeated. Plus, now her new friends that she has been trying to make her advocates are hearing the truth and she is going to have to do damage control with them. i think she is completely worn out and she realizes that it is over. But there is no way she didn't know from the get go. Also, if she was duped, why is she still protecting Brooks? If Brooks lied to her, why isn't she upset? She seems to be taking getting duped awfully well. In any case, I don't believe for one second she was duped, and I think she and Brooks planned this all along and probably thought that it would be fun and an easy way to make money and get people to feel sorry for Brooks and accept him. They are both extremely selfish people. I think they both liked the excitement of it, which is why all scam artists like scamming-- it's a rush and it's exciting and people get addicted to the high. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 10

Its one thing to "recreate" a birthday party, wedding vows or pretend its Christmas when its December 1st.   I would accept those kinds of things.

But, you do not recreate cancer or pretend you have cancer.  That's called lying.     

• Love 15

Could just be really heavy earrings. That happens when you get older and the lobe looses elasticity. That's why my mom doesn't like to wear really heavy earrings anymore.

Talking about Vicki's earlobes hanging way down, I noticed it on WWHL. She was wearing big, 3-level earrings and they must have been heavy because her lobes were stretched low. It thought it just looked so painful and unattractive. But anything for fashion, eh Vicks? 

• Love 1

Talking about Vicki's earlobes hanging way down, I noticed it on WWHL. She was wearing big, 3-level earrings and they must have been heavy because her lobes were stretched low. It thought it just looked so painful and unattractive. But anything for fashion, eh Vicks?

Except fashion is not wearing clothes meant to fit someone several sizes smaller.

• Love 13

Thank you. The timing fascinates me. It can't be all unrelated and I would love to know how.

I think Brooks knew the jig was up and left to get ahead of of it. He knows that NO ONE can prove his claims are lies with absolute certainty as long as he keeps to his story and doesn't face any hard questions about his fabricated "proof". I really doubt that Andy pressed him for the truth in their 1 on 1 interview and that this interview was filmed BEFORE the reunion, Andy would have no idea what proof he was/is lying the HWs have. JMO

• Love 9

Its one thing to "recreate" a birthday party, wedding vows or pretend its Christmas when its December 1st.   I would accept those kinds of things.

But, you do not recreate cancer or pretend you have cancer.  That's called lying.     

Vicki faked or recreated hearing of the elopement news.  At one point the texts between she and Brooks were published.  It does make one wonder just when her emotions are real.  That was a pretty big re-enactment.   No one thought it a good idea or endorsed Brooks and Vicki recreating cancer.  It is also why women over a certain age on these shows should not be seeking fertility treatments, it is just not believable.

Is not that one of the ways Charlie Harper from Two and Half Men determined the true age of woman by check to see if her ears were growing?   Big lobes means she is aging.   Not to be too harsh on Vicki but for all the money she spends on the big balloons in her chest (according to Tamra she has had more boob jobs than Tamra) and the face with the now not such a good idea chin implant, she needs a neck lift.  I had to laugh remembering Vicki writing a blog this year saying she would never wear hooker clothes, what the hell is the dress she is wearing?  Too much boobie is just plain tacky.  It is almost as if she wants to makes sure to show what she paid for.

• Love 7

I feel kind of bad for asking about the earlobes. I guess it's something that she can't help at this point.

It is actually an issue that presents to most of the community.  In most people the ears and nose continue to grow.  I notice it in Terry Dubrow and the entire paternal side of my family.  There are a couple of plastic surgeons who specialize in it. I am thinking it will be added to Paul Nasif's repertoire.   

• Love 4

Yes, he did.

I believe that the reasoning was 'wrapped up in' his fight with his own cancer...

John Edwards did not leave his wife at the onset. He did have a tawdry affair leading to a daughter. His poor WIFE decided that she wanted The Separation. And, well...

• Love 4

In Vicki's mind that's all she was doing and it doesn't really impact anybody' else's story so if she embellishes a little with stories about midnight IVs why should they care? I think it was a giant miscalculation on Vicki's part about how willing the other women would be to look the other way about doing a storyline about Brooks and cancer, but Vicki's stupid.

She did some dumb moves.  The lie about Terry was just dumb, dumb, dumb.  And then that oh-so-lame denial, with her deer-in-the-headlights look & her whispered, soooo unconvincing reply that maybe she was outta town, cuz she conveniently didn't remember it.  Oh, Vicks, this is what happens when ya tell dopey lies that are "easy to trace" -- as Heather said.  Why the heck would Terry back up a lie that affects his professional rep?  So dumb, Vicks. 

Well, we never know what exactly the producer involvement is.  So is "Meghan PI" a creation of Meghan's -- or is this merely producer involvement?  Is Ms. ET-head really such a "lover of knowledge" -- or did Satan Andy & his minion producers discover/realize Vicks was setting them up with a fake cancer story & they prodded Meghan to out the truth about Crooks' & Vicks' cancer con?

Oh, the winner of slaughtering the English language this week goes to Vicks -- for saying "How dare her do this", referring to Shannon.  And btw, Shannon gets my award for best dress of the week.  Her dress was pretty & fit her very nicely.  She looked quite good.  Vicks, take a look at the way Shannon dresses & learn, will ya, hun?  

I mean, sheesh, when Vicks turned around in that tighty-tight white monstrosity she was wearing, she shoulda had a sign that said "wide load".  Yikers!  The thing is, she doesn't look overweight at all.  She'd look just fine in a properly fitting dress.  But instead, she chooses to wear everything so tighty-tight-tight.  It just doesn't flatter her & isn't right for someone her age -- or any age really.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 9
I mean, sheesh, when Vicks turned around in that tighty-tight white monstrosity she was wearing, she shoulda had a sign that sad "wide load".  Yikers!  The thing is, she doesn't look overweight at all.  She'd look just fine in a properly fitting dress.  But instead, she chooses to wear everything so tighty-tight-tight.  It just doesn't flatter & isn't right for someone her age -- or any age really.

Yet she seemed to truly believe the dress Tamra tried on in the boutique (I have that dress!) actually looks better on her.  Delusional X 47.

• Love 9

Yes, he did.

I believe that the reasoning was 'wrapped up in' his fight with his own cancer...

John Edwards did not leave his wife at the onset. He did have a tawdry affair leading to a daughter. His poor WIFE decided that she wanted The Separation. And, well...

Didn't Lance Armstrong also cheat on his first wife, the one who stuck with him while he battled cancer? He's done so many reprehensible things leaving his girlfriend while she had breact cancer does not surprise me.

John Edwards was not only cheating on his wife while she was fighting for her life with cancer AND had a daughter with the mistress (re: slut) he also had a friend claim paternity of the child so as not to ruin his chances of being nominated as the Democratic Presidential candidate.

New expressions on her face the last 4 episodes, mainly her eyes. She has the 'my life is over-acceptance' gaze about her.  When she was outside near the limo, she appeared detached from reality but like needing one foot in and one foot out of the mess. Strange physical behavior, coupled with possible -medicated? - eye gazes.. concerning to see. Anyone else get a suicidal vibe?

Vicki wants people to believe she's suicidal so they'll back off her now that she's caught in her lies. It's also a classic Vicki ploy for attentiion and sympathy. I believe that's why she made that dramatic pronouncement about, "I just want to go to heaven and be with my mom".  Got news for ya Vic - heaven ain't where you're gonna end up!

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 14

On a related topic, I noticed Vicki is still trying to peddle her "I gave Donv alimony" garbage, when she was claiming if she had only bought that 'yacht' she would still have it, unlike the river house.  In reality, the yacht, or money equal to its value, would have been given to Donn as part of the property settlement.  CA is a community property state Vicki, we know that, stop peddling crap.

As if they could have actually purchased that million dollar yacht in the first place. The divorce documents spelled out their middle-class net worth for all to see, yet she still pretends to have serious money. 

• Love 7

As if they could have actually purchased that million dollar yacht in the first place. The divorce documents spelled out their middle-class net worth for all to see, yet she still pretends to have serious money. 

Vicki gives her sound financial advice and why she is superior to one and all in financial planning:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/videos/the-most-memorable-housewives-vacations?clip=18491640  Where she tells Alexis she probably has more money than she does.  If I had to guess I would wager Vicki spends a fortune on travel and plastic surgery.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

Re: The IV Story, when Vicki tells Heather at the baptism she has no clue ( Vicki says: 'I don't know what you are talking about' and 'I could have been traveling', etc ) about calling Terry when Brooks was having a bad night after chemo, and Terry sending a colleague to administer an IV for Brooks....

But in Vicki's blog, she all of a sudden 'remembers' what happened and explains it:

“After Brooks‘ first treatment in October, he was extremely sick and dehydrated. I talked with one of my friends who said he should get an IV with fluids to hydrate him and she had a doctor friend that she was going to call for me,” describes Vicki. “I told her not to do that, as I was going to call Briana to get her opinion if she thought Terry Dubrow would know of someone that could come to the house. I told Briana when I hung up with her and I was going to call Terry to ask him. When I asked Brooks if it was okay to call Terry, he said ‘no and that he would call his own doctor in the morning’. I failed to tell Briana that I didn’t call Terry and she assumed I did.”

Talk about 'hinky'....WTF?

• Love 9

Vicki thinks we're all idiots! Maybe because she's an idiot? Who, when their loved one is "extremely sick and dehydrated", wastes time calling all around for a doctor of some sort to make a midnight house call when you can take the sick person to the ER and have them treated professionally and quickly? You're not going to convince me that an Orange County hospital ER will be so full of gun-shot victims, pain-med shoppers, and psychos that Brooks wouldn't get treated in a timely manner. Does Vicki think she is so wealthy, famous, and important that Brooks needs special at-home IV treatments? Gawd, so very dumb.

• Love 12

Re: The IV Story, when Vicki tells Heather at the baptism she has no clue ( Vicki says: 'I don't know what you are talking about' and 'I could have been traveling', etc ) about calling Terry when Brooks was having a bad night after chemo, and Terry sending a colleague to administer an IV for Brooks....

But in Vicki's blog, she all of a sudden 'remembers' what happened and explains it:

“After Brooks‘ first treatment in October, he was extremely sick and dehydrated. I talked with one of my friends who said he should get an IV with fluids to hydrate him and she had a doctor friend that she was going to call for me,” describes Vicki. “I told her not to do that, as I was going to call Briana to get her opinion if she thought Terry Dubrow would know of someone that could come to the house. I told Briana when I hung up with her and I was going to call Terry to ask him. When I asked Brooks if it was okay to call Terry, he said ‘no and that he would call his own doctor in the morning’. I failed to tell Briana that I didn’t call Terry and she assumed I did.”

Didn't she also call Shannon and tell her the same thing? See, this is where I get confused.... 

• Love 5

Vicki thinks we're all idiots! Maybe because she's an idiot? Who, when their loved one is "extremely sick and dehydrated", wastes time calling all around for a doctor of some sort to make a midnight house call when you can take the sick person to the ER and have them treated professionally and quickly? You're not going to convince me that an Orange County hospital ER will be so full of gun-shot victims, pain-med shoppers, and psychos that Brooks wouldn't get treated in a timely manner. Does Vicki think she is so wealthy, famous, and important that Brooks needs special at-home IV treatments? Gawd, so very dumb.

Vicki comes up with a story, always designed to make her look better or be sympathetic and then when questioned, she runs and deflects.  Vicki tells people whatever they want to hear when she gets backed into a corner and all of a sudden has no memory or it is private..  I think she made the IV story up because she wanted Shannon to sign on with her and make her a little envious that the almighty Vicki was so beloved she could get Terry to send emergency care just by picking up the phone.  I don't think she ever expected Shannon to bring it up.  Going into the season Vicki knew Terry and Heather were going to get a golden edit because of their shows on E.  She also knew the two new girls (Meghan and Katie) would be introduced via heather and Terry and had very successful famous husbands, Shannon husband is rich and would be featured because of his bad deeds and Tamra's husband is a producer's favorite because he is fit and handsome.  Since she was forced to bring Brooks on the show it had to be sympathetic.  It seemed to me she did her best to keep him out of filming.  Even the bizarre dinner where she stormed out because there might be something bad about Brooks being repeated. 

Now Vicki is claiming anything she said bad about Brooks is just a result of being backed into a corner.  The two of them are made for each other.  The problem is there just might not be a place on the show for the two of them.  I cannot see Vicki truly wanting to hang out with Slade and Gretchen-who she claims she wants back on the show.  ostly I think Vicki needs to apologize to Heather, Meghan and Shannon for the comments about their marriages.

• Love 6

Has Tamra never talked to someone who goes to church before?  I didn't understand why she thinks her life will transform into something so fantastic.  People who are baptized have plenty of problems, too.  Makes me all the more suspicious of her Come-To-Jesus storyline.  

Vicki doesn't understand why people would be talking to her about Brooks faking cancer?  How dense is this woman???  LOL!

Surely, you jest, ha ha....me thinks miss Vicki exists in her own little Vicki world....a land of delusions and little girl dreams.

• Love 4

In the world of making up stories would it not have been easier for Vicki to say -a health care person came out and treated Brooks with an IV and he was a colleague of Terry's.  Somehow in retelling the story it sounded like I said Terry arranged it.  That to me would have been somewhat believable.  Colleague has a broad implication.   For such a practiced liar Vicki sucks at it sometimes.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 7

I didn't read her Bravo blog cuz I lost interest in reading any of the Bravo blogs.  They're all so full of horseshit -- just like this crapola.  Oy, Vicks, know what I see when I read this nonsense?  Blah, blah, blah, blah & more blah, blah, blah.  Where'd ya learn how to shovel the shit, Vicks -- from Gretchie-poo & Slade?

Terry pretty much said there's nothing a doctor could do in a situation like this.  You call 911 or get yourself to an emergency room.  Anyone would know this -- even a child.  Her bullshit story is idiotic.  When you have to resort to stupid bullshit stories that nobody could possibly believe it's time to fess up & tell the truth.  Or at least something resembling the truth, not this crap.  Guess Vicks is just like Gretchen.  They both stick stubbornly to their bullshit.

• Love 8

I just rewatched this episode and I really did feel sorry for Vicki when it was over.  I truly believe she feels lost and depressed.

First of all, I have been a Shannon supporter all along, but she disappointed me big time.  Did she really believe that she could go on and on and on yelling at Billy and Rhonda about how horrible Vicki is as a person and a friend, with no retribution?  I mean, after a while, a person decides enough is enough and retorts back.  While Rhonda's analogy was off the mark, I didn't find it so horrible.  She had had enough of listening to St. Shannon talk about what a great friend she was and how horrible Vicki was....she pushed too far.  So it's ok to keep talking about Vicki and Brook's personal information, but the minute Shannon's information is mentioned, she goes off the deep end.  I am seeing a side of Shannon that I just do not like at all.  No Shannon, you have not been a good friend to Vicki.  A good friend would have minded her own business and respected Vicki's request to drop it.  The minute Shannon sided with the other "investigative women", she reverted from friend back to merely a coworker...if she was indeed ever a real friend.  

None of these women have any manners or class.  They were at a baptism, but could not stop gossiping about Vicki the entire time.  I don't understand the obsession.  Why couldn't they just enjoy the day?  Vicki did the right thing by leaving, which opens up another can of worms for me.  Why in the hell did these women feel the need to rush out to Vicki to stop her from leaving so they could yell at her more?  Shannon made the comment about the Godfather, and people needing to go to the limo to talk to Vicki --- well, that was their choice.  Vicki never asked one person to come into the limo and speak to her.  That's what frustrates me so much about this situation.  Vicki is getting criticized for things that she did not even do.  Why did the women feel the need to rush after her?  Obviously, they know they are boring and have no story line without the Vicki argument.  I was really pissed when Megan told Lizzie that YES, it was black and white, Brooks lied, he doesn't have cancer, because honestly that isn't true.  I too have my doubts about Brooks now given the IV story that Heather discussed, but I do not believe that Vicki thought Brooks was lying....at least not until things started snowballing at the end.  If that is true, and we don't know that it is, I can only imagine Vicki's pain.  Her boyfriend had betrayed her on national television, and her "friends" were doing everything they could to accuse her of lying and make her look bad.  If Brooks was lying, Vicki had no one to turn to, confide in, or hang out with unless she wanted to be interrogated to the fullest extent.  It really is very sad to me, especially since Vicki did in fact, lose her mom this season.  The loss of her mom was just glossed over in this insane and selfish hunt to prove Vicki a liar.  It's really very sad given the fact that most of the ladies had met Vicki's mom.  I lost my dad 17 years ago, and I miss him every.single.day.  Many times when I am stressed or upset, I cry because I could really use his love and advice and no one will ever take his place.  It's not all about me, but it's a very strong feeling and truly, it seemed that everyone just forgot that Vicki did lose her mom.  It doesn't appear that Vicki has many girlfriends outside of the show, so these women were really all she had to lean on and they betrayed her.  First it was Megan being the bitch that she is, then the others started their crusade to take her down.  It's really very disgusting.  Watching the episode, all the ladies but Vicki were out of line.  At least Vicki knew she wasn't going to be able to enjoy the evening and made the smart decision to leave.  And really Heather????  Why didn't Brooks come????  He knew it would be the spanish inquisition all over again.  Regarding Vicki's religion, and raising her hand while singing Amazing Grace....I get that.  I am not outspoken about my religion at all, but sometimes a song just moves me and I react like Vicki or similarly.

Over the years, I have had friends and/or their spouses who have done questionable things, made questionable decisions, but as their FRIEND, I listened and only offered advice if it was asked for.  It's not my job to make sure that everything my friends do is exactly as they state it, that is just a given for me.  That is why I agree with so many that these women aren't friends and Shannon can just STFU about what a great friend she has been to Vicki.  IMO, she has not been a friend at all.  She didn't have to like the situation, but she didn't have to get all involved in the questioning and constant gossiping that went on.  Her reaction to Rhonda's statement, which I happened to like, was over the top crazy and makes me feel a bit sorry for David having to live with someone who is so high strung all the time.  Not to mention, her orange/enema story was ridiculous and scares me to death that she has daughters who will put way too much emphasis on food.  An orange is very healthy and in no way makes your stomach protrude.  

Sorry for the novel, but I have barely been commenting on this season because it's been just too disgusting to watch.  I cannot stand Megan---her personality, her voice, her ignorance, her looks, her stupidity----she just ruins the show for me.  Heather is a scary one---so sweet to your face but never resisting the opportunity to gossip about the other women.  Tamra can be fun to watch, but she is a shit stirrer, and Lizzie is just there. I have been a huge fan of Shannon, but she really lost me this season.  She appears to have a very mean streak which is just not attractive on her and she appears too damn needy.  Vicki, while self-absorbed at times, seems real and she makes me laugh the most of any of them.  If she doesn't return next season, and Megan does, I am out.  I could hardly stand this season.  My daughter gave up halfway through.

• Love 9

QUOTE  "Is Vicki wearing dangly earrings? Why does it look like her earlobe is awkwardly positioned?"QUOTE

They could be wire earrings.  I wear those all the time.  The diamond/jewel hangs lower.  

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 3

I just rewatched this episode and I really did feel sorry for Vicki when it was over.  I truly believe she feels lost and depressed.

My take is different.  I don't feel sorry for Vicks at all.  But I believe she's known all along what Crooks is up to -- and she's used it as a storyline for herself for this season.  Ick, ew, yuck, blech & feh.  Hate it.  Why Vicks would want to so desperately cling to a man she knows is faking cancer is only known to her.

As far as Shannon goes?  I don't blame her for being annoyed.  Vicks lied to her & used her & then she blabbed about Shannon's business to someone who couldn't be trusted, who then went on to insult Shannon & blab about the affair.  I didn't like Vicks saying Shannon "got what she deserved", referring to Rhonda's insult.  It was nasty.  Did Shannon push too hard about WTF is going on with Crooks' cancer con?  Maybe.  I wouldn't be surprised if she was egged on by producers to stir up drama & give us some "entertainment".

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 13

My take is different.  I don't feel sorry for Vicks at all.  But I believe she's known all along what Crooks is up to -- and she's used it as a storyline for herself for this season.  Ick, ew, yuck, blech & feh.  Hate it,  Why Vicks would want to so desperately cling to a man she knows is faking having cancer is only known to her.

As far as Shannon goes?  I don't blame her for being annoyed.  Vick lied to her & used her & then she blabbed about Shannon's business to someone who couldn't be trusted, who then went on to insult Shannon & blab about the affair.  I didn't like Vicks saying Shannon "got what she deserved", referring to Rhonda's insult,  It was nasty.  Did Shannon push too hard about WTF is going on with Crooks' cancer con?  Maybe.  I wouldn't be surprised if she was egged on by producers to stir up drama & give us some "entertainment".

Then Shannon should STFU about being a great friend to Vicki.... if she was just doing her job.

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 4

Yet she seemed to truly believe the dress Tamra tried on in the boutique (I have that dress!) actually looks better on her.  Delusional X 47.

Yes, and someone like Vicki can afford a tailor--<NOT because I think she's wealthy, quite the contrary, she seems mortgaged to the hilt and spends like MC Hammer in the 90s>--but even lower-middle-class people can afford a little tailoring.

I suspect that she refuses to buy larger sizes and still tries to fit into her old wardrobe, which strains wheezingly across her gunt, broad hips, and expansive sagging rump, all combining to look like "two pigs fighting under a blanket." #steelmagnolias. 

• Love 10

I just rewatched this episode and I really did feel sorry for Vicki when it was over. I truly believe she feels lost and depressed.

First of all, I have been a Shannon supporter all along, but she disappointed me big time. Did she really believe that she could go on and on and on yelling at Billy and Rhonda about how horrible Vicki is as a person and a friend, with no retribution? I mean, after a while, a person decides enough is enough and retorts back. While Rhonda's analogy was off the mark, I didn't find it so horrible. She had had enough of listening to St. Shannon talk about what a great friend she was and how horrible Vicki was....she pushed too far. So it's ok to keep talking about Vicki and Brook's personal information, but the minute Shannon's information is mentioned, she goes off the deep end. I am seeing a side of Shannon that I just do not like at all. No Shannon, you have not been a good friend to Vicki. A good friend would have minded her own business and respected Vicki's request to drop it. The minute Shannon sided with the other "investigative women", she reverted from friend back to merely a coworker...if she was indeed ever a real friend.

None of these women have any manners or class. They were at a baptism, but could not stop gossiping about Vicki the entire time. I don't understand the obsession. Why couldn't they just enjoy the day? Vicki did the right thing by leaving, which opens up another can of worms for me. Why in the hell did these women feel the need to rush out to Vicki to stop her from leaving so they could yell at her more? Shannon made the comment about the Godfather, and people needing to go to the limo to talk to Vicki --- well, that was their choice. Vicki never asked one person to come into the limo and speak to her. That's what frustrates me so much about this situation. Vicki is getting criticized for things that she did not even do. Why did the women feel the need to rush after her? Obviously, they know they are boring and have no story line without the Vicki argument. I was really pissed when Megan told Lizzie that YES, it was black and white, Brooks lied, he doesn't have cancer, because honestly that isn't true. I too have my doubts about Brooks now given the IV story that Heather discussed, but I do not believe that Vicki thought Brooks was lying....at least not until things started snowballing at the end. If that is true, and we don't know that it is, I can only imagine Vicki's pain. Her boyfriend had betrayed her on national television, and her "friends" were doing everything they could to accuse her of lying and make her look bad. If Brooks was lying, Vicki had no one to turn to, confide in, or hang out with unless she wanted to be interrogated to the fullest extent. It really is very sad to me, especially since Vicki did in fact, lose her mom this season. The loss of her mom was just glossed over in this insane and selfish hunt to prove Vicki a liar. It's really very sad given the fact that most of the ladies had met Vicki's mom. I lost my dad 17 years ago, and I miss him every.single.day. Many times when I am stressed or upset, I cry because I could really use his love and advice and no one will ever take his place. It's not all about me, but it's a very strong feeling and truly, it seemed that everyone just forgot that Vicki did lose her mom. It doesn't appear that Vicki has many girlfriends outside of the show, so these women were really all she had to lean on and they betrayed her. First it was Megan being the bitch that she is, then the others started their crusade to take her down. It's really very disgusting. Watching the episode, all the ladies but Vicki were out of line. At least Vicki knew she wasn't going to be able to enjoy the evening and made the smart decision to leave. And really Heather???? Why didn't Brooks come???? He knew it would be the spanish inquisition all over again. Regarding Vicki's religion, and raising her hand while singing Amazing Grace....I get that. I am not outspoken about my religion at all, but sometimes a song just moves me and I react like Vicki or similarly.

Over the years, I have had friends and/or their spouses who have done questionable things, made questionable decisions, but as their FRIEND, I listened and only offered advice if it was asked for. It's not my job to make sure that everything my friends do is exactly as they state it, that is just a given for me. That is why I agree with so many that these women aren't friends and Shannon can just STFU about what a great friend she has been to Vicki. IMO, she has not been a friend at all. She didn't have to like the situation, but she didn't have to get all involved in the questioning and constant gossiping that went on. Her reaction to Rhonda's statement, which I happened to like, was over the top crazy and makes me feel a bit sorry for David having to live with someone who is so high strung all the time. Not to mention, her orange/enema story was ridiculous and scares me to death that she has daughters who will put way too much emphasis on food. An orange is very healthy and in no way makes your stomach protrude.

Sorry for the novel, but I have barely been commenting on this season because it's been just too disgusting to watch. I cannot stand Megan---her personality, her voice, her ignorance, her looks, her stupidity----she just ruins the show for me. Heather is a scary one---so sweet to your face but never resisting the opportunity to gossip about the other women. Tamra can be fun to watch, but she is a shit stirrer, and Lizzie is just there. I have been a huge fan of Shannon, but she really lost me this season. She appears to have a very mean streak which is just not attractive on her and she appears too damn needy. Vicki, while self-absorbed at times, seems real and she makes me laugh the most of any of them. If she doesn't return next season, and Megan does, I am out. I could hardly stand this season. My daughter gave up halfway through.

• Love 2

Then Shannon should STFU about being a great friend to Vicki.... if she was just doing her job.

Butter Queen thank you for taking time to express yourself.

I think there came a point where Shannon and Vicki stopped have any real conversations.  Shannon's high strung, Vicki is self-absorbed and the one thing both women had in common is they appear to be with men who are duplicitous.  David gets a bit of a pass because he is working on it, he is married to Shannon and they have three children.  Brooks is difficult because he has a history of duplicity, and it appears he derives his station in life by being supported by Vicki.  They both are in love with men who are hard to be friendly.  I don't think Jim Edmonds even acknowledged David all season.  Terry said something to him at the finale. 

I think Brooks sought to isolate Vicki from the group or at the very least stay at arms' reach.  There was no reason for them not to go to the NASCAR race.  They could have left early as the Dubrows did.  Spending a quiet Sunday at home is arrogant.  All Vicki had done to that point is be rude to Meghan and her hospitality.  Shannon made an effort.  Shannon was pretty much forced into socializing with the others because Vicki had to go to yet another ego indulgent insurance event.  Vicki has a job it is with Bravo, while the show is shooting she needs to be there.  I feel that way about every RH.

I don't think Meghan cares one way or the other who Vicki dates but I do believe Heather and Shannon honestly cared and were supportive of Brooks.  Brooks called Shannon and interfered with the relationship between she and Vicki.  Vicki learned you can't keep walking away sending nasty messages and then professing what a great friend you are.  For a brief moment at the finale (calling it a baptism is just a way for these classless women to volley back and forth at one another the inappropriateness of their behavior), Brother Billy seemed both an advocate for Brooks and truly interested in whythese women had issues with Brooks.   He already had a niece who is rabid in her hatred of Brooks, now he is talking to a group of friends who are worried, concerned about Vicki and her ongoing relationship with Brooks.  Had Rhonda not intervened perhaps Billy could have supported Vicki in other ways.  Rhonda did not help the situation and Vicki has to decide at some point if she wants to be part of the cast.  She it is becoming increasingly apparent she wants the conversations off the record with a carefully played out re-enactment.  Best evidence-the sitdown with Tamra after she walked out on Shannon.  They both have said they talked when Vicki left dinner.

Vicki has pages and pages of pictures on Facebook of her long time friend, her real friends, her best friend so I don't think it is a lack of friendships that escape her I think she is unwilling or unable to NOT be the center of attention.  She is either snoring, or vomiting or expressing her value system on the others, and not always in a nice way. 

To me Vicki, just like the rest of the world, is desperate for control and the people in her life just won't let her live her  fantasy be it Donn, Brooks, Brianna or Michael.  Vicki has a history of being a bad friend, the worst one was retelling Jeana asking to borrow a small amount of money for a few days to avoid late fees on her daughter's tuition.  Not only did Vicki not loan it to her she demeaned Jeana by speaking of the request shortly after she and Tamra screwed her over in contract negotiations.  Now Vicki is all over the place posting pictures of she and Jeana-her real friend.  First and foremost before she gets back on the cross Vicki needs to learn the Golden Rule.

• Love 12

I don't think Meghan cares one way or the other who Vicki dates but I do believe Heather and Shannon honestly cared and were supportive of Brooks.  Brooks called Shannon and interfered with the relationship between she and Vicki.  Vicki learned you can't keep walking away sending nasty messages and then professing what a great friend you are.  For a brief moment at the finale (calling it a baptism is just a way for these classless women to volley back and forth at one another the inappropriateness of their behavior), Brother Billy seemed both an advocate for Brooks and truly interested in whythese women had issues with Brooks.   He already had a niece who is rabid in her hatred of Brooks, now he is talking to a group of friends who are worried, concerned about Vicki and her ongoing relationship with Brooks.  Had Rhonda not intervened perhaps Billy could have supported Vicki in other ways.  Rhonda did not help the situation and Vicki has to decide at some point if she wants to be part of the cast.  She it is becoming increasingly apparent she wants the conversations off the record with a carefully played out re-enactment.  Best evidence-the sitdown with Tamra after she walked out on Shannon.  They both have said they talked when Vicki left dinner.

I don't think any of these women were truly "worried" for Vicki based on their actions and it disgusts me that they would pile up on someone under the guise of "friendship". It is just like how Gretchen and Heather acted with Alexis pretending that they were trashing her because they "cared". If a person is going to be an asshole then just own it instead acting like s/he is really a "good friend".

Also, did Shannon share what the content of those texts were or just claim that they were nasty? I want screenshots because I'm not trusting anybody in this cast.

• Love 9

I don't think any of these women were truly "worried" for Vicki based on their actions and it disgusts me that they would pile up on someone under the guise of "friendship". It is just like how Gretchen and Heather acted with Alexis pretending that they were trashing her because they "cared". If a person is going to be an asshole then just own it instead acting like s/he is really a "good friend".

Also, did Shannon share what the content of those texts were or just claim that they were nasty? I want screenshots because I'm not trusting anybody in this cast.

Thank you! Shannon also claimed Vicki was horrible to her at the lunch and she wasn't. I don't think Shannon knows the difference between people being mean to her and people not kissing her ass.

• Love 5