Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E18: Satan Loves Confusion

• Start Topic

It is easy to understand why Heather didn't along with Shannon.

Heather was the one who was supposed to be known for having a stick up her ass.

Shannon is trying to steal her gig.

Well, Heather has the sole claim of the "stick" whereas Shannon now has the claim to the "plastic"! LOL

• Love 7

That's basically what I said earlier.  There's no winning with Vicki.   Michael works for Vicki and is smart enough to stay out of it and IMO Brianna does it for a Bravo paycheck.

I think Brianna does do it for a Bravo paycheck but more importantly I think she does it because it is her 'mom'.  I also think she really does love her mom and is close to her in many ways.  Mother/daughter relationships can be so complicated and I think the relationship between Brianna/ Vicks 'is' different from Michael/Vicks. 

• Love 11

After reading the latest content posted here, I really need to go look at pictures of babies, puppies, and kittens.

I really need to go to bed but I like your idea....

baby%20and%20puppy_zpsfhrn5qit.jpg

kitten%20and%20puppy_zpsay0fcy0e.jpg

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 14

David founded a California Corporation in 1998  He was the principle and agent of process.  A Beador and Sons Corporation was formed much later  and the corporation has been dissolved.  David was not the principle.  Tamra Tattles comes up with a lot of nonsense.  First off Shannon's father has been long out of the picture for a very long time.  There is no indication in any official papers that David has partners or his corporation is 51% owned by someone else.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

I did not hear her, Vicki, say"Ryan, can I move the baby close to me", I heard her ask the question to both or either. I do the same thing with my son/DIL, I phrase my question so that both are included in it the decision.

Because I was curious, I watched that part of the episode again, Vicki says: 'Can I take him on this side of me...so I can give Briana a break?'  And as she says 'give Briana a break', she seems to be looking at Ryan and nodding her head.

• Love 6

Freckledbruh, Breezy424, zoeysmom, cherry slushie, hottesthw, and SOME or, rather, SEVERAL others, I agree with ALL that you have written pertaining to Ryan--with sidenotes directed to Brianna, Vicki, and Brooks.

Ryan was loud, scarily belligerent, and threatening in word, tone, volume, and physical posturing. He initiated these actions with Lydia's mom inside VICKI'S home, and then continued the aggressive demeanor with Lydia's mom and Vicki outside. And, both Vicki AND Brianna knew it to be a volatile situation. Both, attempted to defuse Ryan's rage--Vicki immediately ceasing her comforting of Lydia's mom as demanded by Ryan, and Brianna, initially, ineffectually and nervously mumbling and fluttering.

Ryan certainly was keenly aware of his hostile and threatening conduct enough to begin spewing a set of lies about HIS confrontation with the poor woman.

No muddy cognition then. He knew.

* Observing and commenting upon Ryan's extreme ire, senseless attack on VICKI'S mellow guest, nasty sharply demanding tone and comments in VICKI'S home does not imply consideration and excuses for any distasteful, character lacking machinations performed by Brooks.

Discussing Brianna's and Ryan's illustrated poor, arrogant, and shady behavior( and, yes, they exist) does not negate Vicki's and Brooks distasteful, maybe contemptible character and acts.

Conversely, discussing Vicki's and Brooks'

'malignancies' does not diminish Brianna's and Ryan's spitefulness and possible malice.

Are any the FOUR malevolent?

(shrug)

Maybe.

~

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 9

In the article above it says Briana is as concerned about Vicki's relationships as is Vicki about hers. Yet Brianna runs away to get married without her mother's knowledge.

Yet Brianna and Ryan move in after saying she says and Ryan say no Brooks...yet they are in no position to tell her mother what to do and who to date. And here we are into Ryan installing security measures including cameras....to keep Brooks out and check he wasn't.

I think V won't do anything to damage B and R - yet they are constantly picking on her and Brooks.

On the other hand - probably all scripted anyway.

• Love 3

People in ANY horrific situation may suffer PTSD.

( yes, i realize that we know this to be true.)

From prolonged abuse of our precious children to long- in-pain adults, and to the sudden shocked horrors experienced by both. Bodies, spirits, and psyches are shredded.

They are everywhere. One may see them caged in prisons, lost on the streets, and living as our neighbors.

Most are ignored, dismissed, assailed, and forgotten. No support by family, employers, or society.

PTSD IS real. But, then so is 'assholeness' and pettiness.

• Love 9
So, at this point in the "trial" of Brooks he is not doing well. The case has not concluded yet, but so far not good for him for reasons way too numerous and have already been mentioned many times here already.

Is tar-and-feathering the usual punishment in cases like this?

• Love 2

Dear Posters,

The "SOME" in my above post is not a slight toward anyone.

I meant it as pertaining to my concurrence on The Topic.

*(added the word, several)*

Although, The Topic is a point of modest contention, I enjoy ALL posts.

...or, mayhap, the stockades.

~

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 2

Interesting question.  If Brooks cancer turned out to be less than he led the others to believe and he and Vicki had not broken up, how would the others treat him? The sad thing is if Brooks had perpetrated the fraud on Vicki or the others felt that way-how do they give her condolences and support, all the while wondering when she and Brooks will reconcile? I have noticed Terry has certainly stayed clear of Shannon and David since Terry's boorish behavior last season.   Jim Edmonds doesn't even acknowledge Shannon, after banishing her from their charity benefit.  He seems to stand shoulder to shoulder with Terry in ignoring the Beadors.

It seems if Vicki and Brooks reunite she may just get her wish of leaving Brooks out of filming.  Which then gives all the other men license to ditch the events and it turns into just the women.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

"I'll throw your ass out.". is a threat. Not to mention he gets in her face in a threatening manner, like he wants to punch her, and yells "What did I tell you?" when she tries to explain what happened to Vicki. You can watch the whole thing here;

http://stoopidhousewives.com/2013/08/06/rhoc-the-finale-ryan-v-lydias-fairydustin-mother-ryan-says-bravo-edited-the-sofa-segment-says-he-has-recorded-entire-scene/

That being said, what help did he get outside the 5 day hike/meditation excursion?

And did he ever apologize? I know he said Bravo edited it to make him look bad *rolling eyes* but has no problem still appearing on a show that he claims tried to paint him as crazy Marine.

• Love 10

I've been mum this whole season but I'm going to take a swing at this dead horse. Brooks and Ryan are both awful but in different ways. I think Brooks would rob you blind while simultaneously filling your love tank/hallmarking you . Ryan seems like a ball of rage. I re watched that couch scene a few weeks ago and it was much worse then I remembered and lasted much longer then I recalled as well. I have no opinion if Ryan has PTSD but I know I would be a nervous wreck around him. I really dislike angry people. I might not be nervous around Brooks but I would keep one hand on my wallet.

• Love 21

Is this the world we live in?

OMG, one of the funniest moments, to me, in this whole series. At this time, we didn't know much about Heather, but she appeared to be Miss Know It All, Miss Fancy Pants..."I assumed since this was Glamping we would have the proper wine accoutrements..." (Or whatever Heather said about the proper wine glasses for red, not white...)

We have the always spaced out, drunk Sarah Winchester, of Cake-Gate fame, drunk at the bowling outing and now defiling Heathers bow! The eternal question of, Is/Isn't she an heir to the Winchester rifle fortune?

What this show has been missing the last few seasons is those background characters, hangers on, etc. I like it better when we have at least 6 full time HWs and other minor, part timers in the scenes. At Heathers lunch we see the other blonde that resembles Katie Hamilton, she was filmed on more than one occasion...Of course, I can't stand Faye Resnick, so it can be a bad thing, but other background characters add some spice to these shows. For the last 3 seasons we have been stuck with Brooks & Ryan to fill those roles.

• Love 9

Brianna may be putting on a bit of a "show" with her mother-issues just to have a role to play on the show. Really, what does she offer if she gets along with Icky and it is all smooth sailing? If she ignore Crookes as an issue altogether? Not much. Grandma coming to visit in OK does not for good TV make. As far as Icky goes, she is not even a real person anymore, Imo, just a reality-made one that she thinks keeps her relevant. All of her words and actions are for the camera, always.

• Love 4

We are about to be treated to some friend of Vicki's playing the role of Faye Resnick, seemingly confronting Shannon in defense of Vicki and starting RHOC World War over the honor of Crooksie...while running her mouth about Shannon's marriage. Here come the fireworks.

• Love 5

So if Ryan murdered somebody, it would be OK because he had PTSD and sought help?

As for Brooks, you seem to think SAYING something is worse than actually DOING something. Brooks hasn't got in Brianna's or vicki's faces, cussed them out, threaten to put his hands on them and then dare them to say anything about it. Ryan did. If Brooks does that and then blames the cancer, I'll say the same stuff about him that I am saying about Ryan. Until then, they are not the same thing.

Brooks was less serious with his drunken slur about beating Brianna then Brianna was with her comment that she would kill Brooks.
  • Love 5

Humm. I thought Heather was horrible to Shannon last year and it started, at least on camera, with the chair. Heather exaggerated how angry Shannon was, and then she sort of was on a mission to prove she was right and that Shannon was a crazy angry person the rest of the season and ended up being a huge jerk in the process. I remember that Heather was talking about Shannon's marriage and Shannon went over to her house to talk to her about it, and Heather was basically like, "I don't like you, you don't like me, so I don't have to answer these questions." That was the nuts and bolts of it. I think Heather was protecting HERSELF because she was the one caught gossiping about it with non RHOC friends and word got back to Shannon.

If you are a grown adult and you are still moaning about your shitty childhood, you got problems. Living in the past is never a good idea. 

Exactly how I saw it. Heather's asshole treatment of Shannon had nothing to do with the affair and if she was trying to stay out of it then why are you sitting around gossiping about it? Having opinions about it? Staying out of something means you're not touching a conversation with a ten foot pole not just keeping mum with the subject of those rumors. Stupid.

Also, you're right of the progress of that bullshit last season. Heather has this exaggerated way about her when defending herself and she uses her articulation as a tool to chop people down and that's exactly what she did to Shannon last season. Thing was Shannon was pretty strongwilled in her response and usually when it works on the idiots Vicki and Tamara, cause lets be honest she knows she can talk circles around them it really didn't work with Shannon. Too bad Shannon couldn't 100% keep her cool in some of those confrontations but at the same time I saw exactly what Heather was doing. Heather's the type to be very embarassed about petty and stupid behavior and that whole drama about the chair was veeeerrrryyyy silly and yet Heather decided that was some battle she wanted to tackle cause damn it I won't be ignored or told what to do (residual insecurities about what she was feeling with Vicki and Tamara) so when Shannon was directed to sit where she was sitting by Vicki I think it struck a chord with Heather. "Oh this shit again with Vicki and now Shannon completely disregarding me, etc. etc.".

You know how you sort let shit go and then it builds and then all of a sudden you blow up about something so very stupid but you dig your teeth in cause you just don't want to give in anymore if though the shit is reeeaaaally not worth all that energy? That's what happened. It all came out over a stupid chair and Shannon ended up where the bird shit landed kinda random. But since Heather had made such a spectacle of herself that night the rest of the season was about formulating some sort of storyline that justified why she reacted to Shannon that way thus "Shannon was scary angry....." She had to build around that and you see the ridiculousness unfold and of course Tamara was more than willing to jump on that. You can almost see the bubble around her head saying "brilliant! Heather I was trying to figure out what or who to sink my shit stirring teeth into and you've created the perfect outline."  The the shit with the emails and affair and Shannon increasingly emotional distress because of the state of her marriage and Viola, by the end of the season Chairgate and Scary angry were validated and justified and Heather no longer look like a dumb ass child on the playground having a hissy fit at being left out of the cool group for 10 seconds.

I also can't agree with you last sentiment enough. I know bad childhoods are hard to overcome but at the same time it's even harder now a days because as a society we keep making these wild acclaimations of what SHOULD be expected while growing up and anything less than that is horrendous and causing of adult therapy. How about we leave out all the judgements and pearl clutching over details that are more SMH parenting and not Child Protective Services parenting.

I think we are doing such a disservice to our child and families now a days with all these requirements no wonder you have twenty somethings talking about what they were lacking and how it's affecting their lives as adults and they go to counseling 100 times a week (a la Bethenny Frankel) we are too busy saying that children are living in an emotionally unstable homes when ummmm yeah, who is emotionally stable 100% of the time. Who doesn't goof off one time too many? Break down a little here and there because of life's responsibilities? Act selfisly cause after 10 years of parenting maybe ya want to change up a couple of things so you're not running yourself ragged to the point of an orange jumpsuit. I mean, soccer mom's who work at the church and go to the PTA, never drink or curse in front of their angles, or make inappropriate jokes, they don't exist. Acting as if they are all over the place only make children in their older years look back and say "how come I didn't get that "As seen on TV version in my home".  Nothing wrong with acknowleding less than stellar childhoods but we should also make sure we don't give off a tone that it's acceptable to live as if the world owes you something cause you're upbringing was less than perfect. again (A la Bethenny frankel)

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 7

Here's the scene where Heather asks Shannon to leave.  You can see from the moment Shannon starts talking, Heather is ready to rumble.  She was pissed that she was caught gossiping about Shannon's marriage, hence why she barely lets Shannon get a word in.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-9/videos/rhoc-season-9s-craziest-moments?clip=2793312

That scene makes me sick! Shannon was direct, polite and only wanted to get down to the point and Heather was deflecting talking out of her ass and was caught. Heather wasn't even making sense. You should talk to that person. Umm bitch I'm coming directly to YOU! Heathers is also saying that the state of their friendship is what dictates whether she can be an open and honest women mother to mother? Disgusting. Shannon didn't skip into her house acting like her bestie tryna be fake about getting information from her. That bitch walked up in your house like a real woman and straight up asked what was up. Then she called you out on your moronic comments about we aren't close. I loved when Shannon shot her down when she was like wait "if we were closer you would tell me?" So basically saying so cause you want to be a petty bitch you can't have a woman to woman MOTHER to MOTHER conversation with me? That's when Heather was flayling about not even saying anything that made sense. Shannon had every right to be disgusted and disappointed because basically Heather was more worried about being caught gossiping, covering for Tamara and letting the rift she already had with Shannon dictate how she wanted to conduct that conversation.  All issues aside, if Shannon were to have the fucking courage to come to me in the manner that Shannon displayed and the subject matter was this serious and important fuck it. I would have swallowed my pride, come clean, take the heat and admit whatever I needed to cause at the end of the day the petty bullshit of gossiping and being caught being not so nice would have to take a backseat to this real and raw pain that I was witnessing in another woman. Completely disgusted with that scene which is why I can't throw that bitch a parade. I commend Shannon for moving past that. That's awesome and Heather isn't a HW I hate I just hated all that bullshit she pulled with Shannon and her tendency to be nasty but the nasty part goes for all of them so no big. I just can't with the spin they are trying to make of her behavior last season yuck. Chick was a nasty bitch, no excuses and leave it at that. Can't believe Shannon is going this far to absolve the witch but I guess she realizes how stupid she looks calling Heather a close friend after everything she did to her.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 8

Again, why forgive or discount what Brooks said because he was drunk but not cut Ryan the same slack as he was also drunk. At least Ryan got help, that is more than can be said for Brooks IMO.

I think it was pointed out that no one is forgiving Brooks for anything but pointing out the differences. Also, why is Brooks even a factor when discussing what was SEEN on the show. Ryans disgusting behavior has nothing to do with Brooks. Each situation is seperate and has no bearing on the other. Goodness.

• Love 9

Again, he never said he got diagnosed.  And all he says he did was go to a five day program.  PTSD is real and serious but all Ryan has done is that program.  Is he cured?  I'm skeptical.  I hope the best for him and that the real root of his problems is the PTSD.  I don't know if it is or isn't.  

Actually I'm starting to feel annoyed that PTSD is being thrown around as some get outta shame free card. It's an insult to the seriousness of the condition. Sorta like the outrage over the possibility of Brooks faking cancer. I've been overseas twice and I don't suffer from PTSD. Some anxieties once in awhile when I hear certain sirens and a couple of other little knee jerk things but not PTSD. Having tours under your belt doesn't automatically mean you do have PTSD. I'm not doubting Ryans claim. All arrows point it being a very very real possibility but I just think the timing of the whole outpouring of information to be rather convenient. Not that I would encourage challenging someone that makes such a claim about their health. I mean who does that right??

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 9

No, we don't know that Ryan has ONLY done that program. It is possible that he has done others (and continues to do so) as he was part of a CNN show about PTSD, the stigma attached to anyone currently in the military WITH PTSD and how hard it is too get help for it without loosing your military career. All involved with this, Ryan, Briana, Vicki, have not talked about it since and I hope they continue to keep their mouths closed about it UNLESS he goes off the rails again.

Okay, it is not really hard to get help without losing your career. I say this as a complete fact. What is hard about getting help is convincing the service members that they will NOT suffer a career set back and this is something that is drilled into service members ESPECIALLY Marines because Marine training really stresses that point of being invincible and the higher ups know this. Believe me, all the seminars, annual compliance training, videos, etc. etc. etc. that happen on a regular basis that pratically order a service member to get help, talk to someone, open up with no fear of career penalties do a pretty good job in the messages they send. That and there are actually private liasons available that you can go to initially and go slow with the process. It's crazy just how detailed and specific the process they've set up is in cases like these in order to make it as comfortable and approachable as possible. It's a shame that military members are still so resistent and worried to get help considering just how accepting the military has tried to be. Not to say that it isn't hard or tricky cause day in day out your around other Marines doing your normal routines, hearing the "you're a pussy" jokes, the machoness going around, the friendly rivalry about who is tougher.  That contributes to the resistence and that's a tough hurdle but the powers that be have a lot of information and systems in place to tackle the other hurdle doing away with the myth that something like this will definitely kill careers.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

There is no either/or the way I see it - Brooks and Ryan are both assholes.  I wouldn't want either of them with my mother or my daughter, and that surely wouldn't be kept a secret. 

I've been mum this whole season but I'm going to take a swing at this dead horse. Brooks and Ryan are both awful but in different ways. I think Brooks would rob you blind while simultaneously filling your love tank/hallmarking you . Ryan seems like a ball of rage. I re watched that couch scene a few weeks ago and it was much worse then I remembered and lasted much longer then I recalled as well. I have no opinion if Ryan has PTSD but I know I would be a nervous wreck around him. I really dislike angry people. I might not be nervous around Brooks but I would keep one hand on my wallet.

These two quotes are really the gist of the "who is worse: Ryan or Brooks?" debate for me. They are both jerks in their own way.

I have little doubt that Brooks is nothing less than pleasant to converse with on a superficial level. I'd speculate that if I met him at a party, he would come across as more "likeable" than other OC men like Jim Bellino, Slade, and even good old Jim Edmonds in social situations. But hey, I've read that Ted Bundy was very charming too.....  So, to me, somebody's surface-level personality really means shit. I, personally, have read enough about Brooks' past to see him as a wolf in sheep's clothing (and I thought this long before the cancer debate!)

Ryan just mostly comes off as an unlikeable person. And while I wouldn't want to be trapped talking to him at a party for any length of time, I think I'd rather deal with somebody who is upfront and honest about who they are. As opposed to a smiling smooth talker whose real intentions are more nefarious. 

• Love 5

PTSD does not = assh***. Does not = rude, classless, vile. Brianna got herself a dud, Imo. But she learned from the expert. (Though Donn's biggest flaw was marrying Icky, Imo.)

I can't see what Icky's role would have been at all this season without Crookes. I totally believe she would have tried to force Crookes to take part. Would not fall over in shock if she invented the cancer storyline.

• Love 3

Sheesh, that raging Ryan sure has big hips for a dude.  Just sayin' . . .

Wow, I forgot about that asshole's massive saddlebags. Are we sure he didn't birth those boys?

Do you think he was going to breathe on her heavily until she blew away?

joan-holloway-giggling.gif

• Love 5

Really? I guess it would depend if he were having flashbacks and considered "Mentally Ill" at the time. PTSD is considered a mental illness, it is real. I don't think Ryan should get a pass for his bad/ugly behavior but he did seek help for it and I find it sad that so many cut Brooks slack because he was drunk when he said that he HAS used physical force with Vicki and told Ryan to do the same with Briana but then many of these same people don't cut Ryan the same slack for what he said even though he was drunk, Briana said he had too much to drink that night on the show, and that he has PTSD and got help.

Go view his CNN interview. He went after he came back from his 4th deployment, got diagosed and then went into the treatment program and did the CNN report as part of their coverage of PTSD. CNN did not do the story on Ryan/RHOC, but on PTSD/Military.

Funny how Ryan's illness all seem to center around tv cameras.

I guess maybe brooks should do 5 days of AA so he can be cured like ryan.

• Love 6

Brianna may be putting on a bit of a "show" with her mother-issues just to have a role to play on the show. Really, what does she offer if she gets along with Icky and it is all smooth sailing? If she ignore Crookes as an issue altogether? Not much. Grandma coming to visit in OK does not for good TV make. As far as Icky goes, she is not even a real person anymore, Imo, just a reality-made one that she thinks keeps her relevant. All of her words and actions are for the camera, always.

I totally believe this. I've never bought the "I'm a grown woman and a nurse and have no time for this nonsense" bullshit as she's sitting at a table eating lunch with other HW while on a HW sponsored trip. Briana is a famewhore just like her mother. I don't see her refusing visits from her mother or giving back the vehicles she buys them or refusing to be Andy's bartender on WWHL.

If anything Brianna and brooks have a lot in common. They are both full of shit and know exactly the right words to use to get Vicki to do what they want.

• Love 8

Funny how Ryan's illness all seem to center around tv cameras.

I guess maybe brooks should do 5 days of AA so he can be cured like ryan.

Well, to be honest, if Brooks has a drinking problem, admitted it and sought help, I would have some respect for him. Is there a treatment center/program for grifters we can send him too? LOL

• Love 1

Well, to be honest, if Brooks has a drinking problem, admitted it and sought help, I would have some respect for him. Is there a treatment center/program for grifters we can send him too? LOL

Instead Brooks has a foot in mouth problem, acknowledged it and apologized for it and hasn't done it again. So in the game of respect he squeaks out with a bit more than ryan IMO.

And aside from the cancer fraud I'm one that doesn't see what all the hoopla is about Brooks being a fraud. Vicki has to live with him and if his "job" is to sit around praising her while she pays his way thru life, who cares. It's her money and her life. He drives her car, lives off of her gifts. Who cares. She enjoys taking care of people if they love her in return. We've all seen years of this on our tvs. He's obviously better at it than others.

Edited by hottesthw
  • Love 5

Brianna stands in her mother's kitchen and complains about the atmosphere because of Brooks who is not even in the house, who vacated the house for her.  The girl can never be happy, can she?  Ironically Brianna sees nothing wrong with her husband, not to be mean or shallow buuuut...her husband is not all that, he not (in my opinon) anything to look at, does not have a big bank account and does not play nice with others, what was so special about him? Vicki did not like him at first but realized Brianna loved him so she made the best of it but I guess it is a one way street because Brianna would/will never accept anyone other than Donn for Vicki.

• Love 10

Instead Brooks has a foot in mouth problem, acknowledged it and apologized for it and hasn't done it again. So in the game of respect he squeaks out with a bit more than ryan IMO.

And aside from the cancer fraud I'm one that doesn't see what all the hoopla is about Brooks being a fraud. Vicki has to live with him and if his "job" is to sit around praising her while she pays his way thru life, who cares. It's her money and her life. He drives her car, lives off of her gifts. Who cares. She enjoys taking care of people if they love her in return. We've all seen years of this on our tvs. He's obviously better at it than others.

He, Brooks, denied saying anything at first. He only admitted to it during the reunion when Briana offered to play the recording there and then. That was when he apologized and only then. I have no idea if Ryan eventually apologized to Judy after getting help, I hope that he did and shame on him if he didn't.

Much has been written about Brooks past conduct with women and even if I only believe 1/2 of it, he still comes off as a grifter IMO. I will say, that if Vicki is/was paying for everything for Brooks, he earned it the hard way. LOL I do get Briana's concern though, no one wants to see their mother get taken to the cleaners and I do think that is what she sees/believes Brooks is doing to Vicki.

• Love 4

I've always wondered what's wrong with grifters? I mean not for nothing but unless he went into her purse stole her bank account information and started really pilfering all of Vicki's life savings I really don't get why it's a big deal. Will I allow myself to be manipulated like that? Ummmm, no. Will I rationalize and decide there's something to be gained by picking up the tab for the guy I'm seeing so that I can keep him close? Maybe. I mean we all make decisions and my thing is that if Brooks were taking advantage of a VERY vulnerable, impaired, or ill woman coaxing her to do very risky financial decisions, swaying her funds in his favor etc. etc. then yeah THOSE sort of disgusting men get my con man juices flowing but a woman like Vicki? Capable and at the worst needy? This is a mutual relationship and Brooks reaps the financial benefits of it as well as Vicki reaping the benefits he offers her. Who cares what the negotiables are in their relationship. Everyone has to dodge stuff in their relationships. Less than 100% honesty. A little shadiness here and there. Of course Im saying all this minus the Cancer details but people have been giving this man a bad rap for years and I still don't see what the fuck makes him a con man? He's charming and he gets involved with women. And? Does he clean out their bank accounts and disappears into the night? Does he steal their identities and sell them to people? I just hate this whole con man label. There are real con men out there. The one's that dupe little old couples out of their retirements and life savings. One's that create seperate lives and have two families that know nothing about each other. Men that fuck over people who are deemed legally incompetent and therefore have power of attorneys take over their financial decisions.  Brooks, to me is just one of those guys you would be wary to get emotionally involved with cause well there is evidence that he's somewhat selfish, is a player, not always a hundred percent honest and seems to be a gigilo. Since when is this an unusual mindfield for women to manuever through when playing the dating game? Welcome to the life of women. LOL.

The part about not paying child support, I have to admit as a single mother going through the child support route, I had to either decide to take him off or risk him getting his license suspended and dragged into court for non payment while we are on good terms and I know his situation I don't fault him for the missing payments and am eagerly awaiting him finding a new job so I can resume getting funds however I've been informed that in order to spare him legal trouble I would have to call it off which I really don't want to do because my son's father does need that automatic detail in place or he's easily tempted to "put off payments" or "adjust the amount" when the mood strikes him.

He's got issues I don't deny it but at the same time going to jail? Suspending  his license, limiting his ability to find work?  This particular system is BRUTAL and actually compounds and snowballs some situations to the point of getting so far in the red it's nearly impossible to crawl out.

Not saying that Brooks was a victim of this but with my personal experience with such things I hate seeing "lack of child support" lobbied as some automatic proof of someone being a horrendus person or dad. Brooks is a flawed human being, with probably more than average faults but put it all together and at most he's just a person you should probably either steer clear of, be skeptical of, or just not get too involved with. No need to villianize or take grand steps to EXPOSE him to the world as a national threat or something.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 7

When I think back to my 18-33yr old age timeframe, I can't help but wonder if I dated any of Brooks offspring. How many men I supported just so I could be at the club with the "hot guy". Oh if only I had a Meghan PI headband back then.

• Love 3

Given her "WORK!" boner, I find it hard to believe Vicki would be with/support a man who's not employed in some manner.

Also, Brooks's relationship with at least one of his exes couldn't have been all that shitty, if said ex cared enough to give him a heads up about Meghan's dirty work. Just sayin'.

• Love 5

I've always wondered what's wrong with grifters? I mean not for nothing but unless he went into her purse stole her bank account information and started really pilfering all of Vicki's life savings I really don't get why it's a big deal. Will I allow myself to be manipulated like that? Ummmm, no. Will I rationalize and decide there's something to be gained by picking up the tab for the guy I'm seeing so that I can keep him close? Maybe. I mean we all make decisions and my thing is that if Brooks were taking advantage of a VERY vulnerable, impaired, or ill woman coaxing her to do very risky financial decisions, swaying her funds in his favor etc. etc. then yeah THOSE sort of disgusting men get my con man juices flowing but a woman like Vicki? Capable and at the worst needy? This is a mutual relationship and Brooks reaps the financial benefits of it as well as Vicki reaping the benefits he offers her. Who cares what the negotiables are in their relationship. Everyone has to dodge stuff in their relationships. Less than 100% honesty. A little shadiness here and there. Of course Im saying all this minus the Cancer details but people have been giving this man a bad rap for years and I still don't see what the fuck makes him a con man? He's charming and he gets involved with women. And? Does he clean out their bank accounts and disappears into the night? Does he steal their identities and sell them to people? I just hate this whole con man label. There are real con men out there. The one's that dupe little old couples out of their retirements and life savings. One's that create seperate lives and have two families that know nothing about each other. Men that fuck over people who are deemed legally incompetent and therefore have power of attorneys take over their financial decisions.  Brooks, to me is just one of those guys you would be wary to get emotionally involved with cause well there is evidence that he's somewhat selfish, is a player, not always a hundred percent honest and seems to be a gigilo. Since when is this an unusual mindfield for women to manuever through when playing the dating game? Welcome to the life of women. LOL.

The part about not paying child support, I have to admit as a single mother going through the child support route, I had to either decide to take him off or risk him getting his license suspended and dragged into court for non payment while we are on good terms and I know his situation I don't fault him for the missing payments and am eagerly awaiting him finding a new job so I can resume getting funds however I've been informed that in order to spare him legal trouble I would have to call it off which I really don't want to do because my son's father does need that automatic detail in place or he's easily tempted to "put off payments" or "adjust the amount" when the mood strikes him.

He's got issues I don't deny it but at the same time going to jail? Suspending  his license, limiting his ability to find work?  This particular system is BRUTAL and actually compounds and snowballs some situations to the point of getting so far in the red it's nearly impossible to crawl out.

Not saying that Brooks was a victim of this but with my personal experience with such things I hate seeing "lack of child support" lobbied as some automatic proof of someone being a horrendus person or dad. Brooks is a flawed human being, with probably more than average faults but put it all together and at most he's just a person you should probably either steer clear of, be skeptical of, or just not get too involved with. No need to villianize or take grand steps to EXPOSE him to the world as a national threat or something.

Brooks didn't "miss a few payments". He was arrested twice and owed over $40,000 to two different women. Sounds like arresting him was the correct thing to do because suddenly he was able to come up the dough. Regarding thoughts on whether or not paying/not paying child support is a critical factor in determining whether or not a guy is a total and complete worthless piece of shit, Vicki was certainly of the feeling that it was THE critical factor when the topic was Slade.

• Love 23

Exactly! They're both awful in their own way. Everyone is a winner! I think Brianna had very good reasons for disliking Brooks and Vicki has very good reasons for disliking Ryan* but both of them need to remove the logs from their own eyes before setting about getting that splinter out of each other. (I am so bad at quoting the Bible. Go ahead and nail me to the cross like Christ because we are so alike.)

*Vicki bends over backwards to act like she loves and accepts Ryan. When they were out to eat in OK and Ryan was scoffing at her idea of him taking over the business she got this big fake happy look on her face and just kept repeating "YOUR HAPPINESS COMES FIRST OF COURSE IT ALWAYS COMES FIRST I WANT YOU TO BE HAPPY!" I couldn't tell if she was trying to act like the bigger person or if she was afraid of Ryan. Not that I think he was going to lunge across the table at her but he's already so dismissive of her and rude so who knows what it would take for him to be even meaner towards her. On the other hand Brianna is openly rude and unkind to Brooks. I suspect that Brianna and Vicki are both aware of the power they hold in each other's eyes and they're both trying to weild it in their own dysfunctional way.

Edited by Thick McRunFast
  • Love 6

*Vicki bends over backwards to act like she loves and accepts Ryan. When they were out to eat in OK and Ryan was scoffing at her idea of him taking over the business she got this big fake happy look on her face and just kept repeating "YOUR HAPPINESS COMES FIRST OF COURSE IT ALWAYS COMES FIRST I WANT YOU TO BE HAPPY!" I couldn't tell if she was trying to act like the bigger person or if she was afraid of Ryan. Not that I think he was going to lunge across the table at her but he's already so dismissive of her and rude so who knows what it would take for him to be even meaner towards her. On the other hand Brianna is openly rude and unkind to Brooks. I suspect that Brianna and Vicki are both aware of the power they hold in each other's eyes and they're both trying to weild it in their own dysfunctional way.

I personally think that Vicki is nice to Ryan because she doesn't want her access to her grandchildren to be cut off or severely limited.
  • Love 19

Exactly! They're both awful in their own way. Everyone is a winner! I think Brianna had very good reasons for disliking Brooks and Vicki has very good reasons for disliking Ryan* but both of them need to remove the logs from their own eyes before setting about getting that splinter out of each other. (I am so bad at quoting the Bible. Go ahead and nail me to the cross like Christ because we are so alike.)

Lol it's a Hitler/Stalin situation ! I wish I could up vote this a thousand more times.

Eta cmon moms out there you know Vicki hates Ryan with the strength of a thousand suns. She is being smart by biding her time until the divorce.

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 10

Lol it's a Hitler/Stalin situation ! I wish I could up vote this a thousand more times.

Eta cmon moms out there you know Vicki hates Ryan with the strength of a thousand suns. She is being smart by biding her time until the divorce.

I also think that's part of the reason she flies out to Oklahoma so much.  I think she's worried sick that Ryan is going to harm Briana in some way.  If she felt Briana was 100% safe, I don't think she'd be there every two or three weeks.

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 10