Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Yeah. All that. I wanted to add, Asp Burger, I don't mean to sound like I'm gonna cyber-punch anyone who doesn't like Lulu here; overall I don't think any of the characters are coming across as very likable. It isn't even Lulu I really care to defend here . . . just the concept of the cheated on wife somehow being made the villain. At this point Lulu could be played by Kristen Alderson and I think I'd still be swearing a blue streak about the writers making Lulu get on her knees to the ass her husband has become.

• Love 8

Honestly--and I'm not even joking--we should probably have a Liz vs. Sam thread, seriously. Just one thread exclusively dedicated to their rivalry, because their individual character threads bring this stuff up a lot, too. 

It's a good idea in theory, but I don't think it will work. When you have a small minority of posters who are like a dog with a bone over a particular topic, then you can start a hundred threads and they'll manage to hijack every single one with that topic. The Survivor forum has a Conspiracy Theory thread and the Downton Abbey forum has a Mary vs. Edith thread and yet there are a handful of posters who turn every episode thread into, "Survivor is totally fixed and anyone who doesn't think so is stupid," and "Mary is a bitch, Edith FTW!" The problem is that no one but them cares that much about the topic so if we had a Liz vs. Sam thread, it would get a little activity when the two are genuinely at odds on the show but even then not that much because it could be talked about in the episode thread. And the few posters who feel like the horse will never be dead enough not to need a beating will get bored in the thread that was created specifically to contain them and migrate out to all the other threads to lose their shit every time someone says something nice about the one they hate or something mean about who they love. Really the only thing you can do is say what you want to say, ignore the obsessed as much as possible, and when it's not possible, try to enjoy how worked up they're getting over characters on a failing TV show.

On topic ... I can't remember what happened in the last episode. Oh, Nik proposed! I think he needs glucosamine or something. It took him like ten minutes to get down on one knee.

At this point Lulu could be played by Kristen Alderson and I think I'd still be swearing a blue streak about the writers making Lulu get on her knees to the ass her husband has become.

I've been wondering if I'd feel more sympathetic to Lulu if she were still being played by Julie. Emme is better than she used to be, but she's still basically a Bratz doll to me. Maybe I just feel like if it were Julie, she'd be playing it less like the wide-eyed "gosh! I never meant for Val to get hurt!" and more like, "and that's why you don't sleep with my husband." But I don't really know. The story just sucks all the way around.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 7

I've been wondering if I'd feel more sympathetic to Lulu if she were still being played by Julie. Emme is better than she used to be, but she's still basically a Bratz doll to me. Maybe I just feel like if it were Julie, she'd be playing it less like the wide-eyed "gosh! I never meant for Val to get hurt!" and more like, "and that's why you don't sleep with my husband." But I don't really know. The story just sucks all the way around.

I'm not convinced any actress could make this shit enjoyable. Lulu has been given cardboard dialog since Luke was in his final Fluke. "I'm so worried about my father." "Help me find my father." "My father couldn't have done this." Which gave way to "Dante, we are so lucky to have a child and a happy marriage." "Dante, thank God we never lie to each other." "Dante, I know you'll never hurt me." She's like a dimwitted Greek chorus, telling the audience what is NOT going to happen. I don't think the writers have any grasp of what this character is or should be about.

• Love 6

I'm not convinced any actress could make this shit enjoyable. Lulu has been given cardboard dialog since Luke was in his final Fluke. "I'm so worried about my father." "Help me find my father." "My father couldn't have done this." Which gave way to "Dante, we are so lucky to have a child and a happy marriage." "Dante, thank God we never lie to each other." "Dante, I know you'll never hurt me." She's like a dimwitted Greek chorus, telling the audience what is NOT going to happen. I don't think the writers have any grasp of what this character is or should be about.

The day when she was in the chapel praying to God about what did she do to deserve such an awesome husband and thanking Him for Dante was the worst. The worst. Lulu would NEVER do that.

• Love 10

This show would instantly improve for me if half the cast were killed off or moved out of town, including Sonny, Carly, Jason, Dante, Valerie, Morgan, Kiki, Olivia, Franco and Nina.  Rebecca Budig used to be on the list but I'm digging her and Curtis together.  He is fine.

I'm liking Nina with Maxie and the magazine. She's better away from Franco and Kiki. 

Curtis is damn fine, and so far his acting is better than the average newbie too. 

Dante's description of being relieved when Valerie ended things was also weird.  If all he wanted, as he claimed, was to be with Lulu, why didn't HE end things with Valerie?

He's his father's son ( despite his protests) and wanted the woman to come crawling back. 

ulkis, I have always enjoyed your insight and your humor, but after what you just *gulp* suggested, you are dead to me. I'd fling barware at you, if I wasn't trapped indoors, cowering  from this blizzard.

Stay warm and safe until the storm passes  : )

I'm not convinced any actress could make this shit enjoyable. 

Probably not, but an old school scenery chewer would be fun to watch. 

Sonny and Laura are both giving advice and trying to put out the flames of drama in their kids lives. 

Edited by Mrs OldManBalls
  • Love 1

I'm catching up again. I do think it's hilarious that the women on this show have their actions thrown in their faces forever. It's like till the end of time the show will go as follows:

Liz: Lied to The Jason Morgan for 7 whole months

Sam: Was a con artist

Lulu: Helped a friend on the run

Sabrina: Slept with a dude while single

Ava: Had sex with Morgan

Kiki: Lied to Michael

Yet, no one remembers nor cares that Sonny murdered AJ, Nik got Hayden shot in the head, Franco killed a lot of people, Jason killed a lot of people, Dante slept with his wife's cousin......etc. Lame.

• Love 12

I'm catching up again. I do think it's hilarious that the women on this show have their actions thrown in their faces forever. It's like till the end of time the show will go as follows:

Yet, no one remembers nor cares that Sonny murdered AJ, Nik got Hayden shot in the head, Franco killed a lot of people, Jason killed a lot of people, Dante slept with his wife's cousin......etc. Lame.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*mic drop*

• Love 5

Michael has Zack Morris hair. I wish he'd be Business Cat again. Dante looks like he has a wig on top of his head. I wish eeveryone would stop talking about Val and Sabrina. I wish they wouldn't dress NDJake in Freddy Kruger wear for kids. I wish Curtis was on more. Sigh.

• Love 1

You're positively giddy, girl.

I watched a teeeeny bit of today because lord above, I wanted to see the Sonny/Dante scenes of all things.

The good:

Stupid Dante looked good.

Michael looked good, despite his swimwear or whatever that was

Dante still calling Sonny 'Sonny' (I feel for you, Michael fans)

Dante saying he and Lulu were nothing like Carly and Sonny

The bad:

No Dante, you once were nothing like Sonny and Carly, now you're developing into a reasonable facsimile

Lulu's cry face in FF. God woman. Own what you did and tell Dante your big mistake was not kicking him in the nuts with a steel toed boot.

Right then go find Val and give her the same. Lulu is the victim. Val stalked Dante and was ready for him. She even slept in their bed, then told Lulu she was at fault. This show has turned into a dirty joke. and NOT a funny one. So Lulu left town to help her family, tell Dante like when he helped his father stay out of jail for shooting him. Team Lulu emme. if she never goers back with Dante.

• Love 1
(edited)

Well, due to the...Jonas, yes, that's what we've been reduced to, snow storms/blizzards are now being given names like hurricans are...the show stopped at 19 minutes, so I had to watch On Demand (UGH!) so I couldn't fast forward the dreck I was NOT interested in watching.

So.  To me, it's very clear that Jake is the stalker. Unless Liz now has the power to make him hear Sam's voice in his head, and the line she said to Jason how he doesn't owe Liz anything? And then proceeds to scratch up his drawing pad with black crayon while he sits on the stairs and continues to listen in on his mother's or any damn adult's conversation.

And Cujo continues to remain so utterly tone deaf. The witch is just soooo happy that today was the day Jason Morgan was "born" so it's his birthday, and so let's celebrate! Despite Sam telling her no; and her insistence that Jason is still her Jason, but without his memories (sound familiar? That was how Jason Morgan was born! He was still Jason Q, but his memories of Jason Q. were missing!), and he was still the same person! She's just acting like, or rather, more banshee-yee and shrewish than the Quartermains were, when they wanted their Jason back.

I really really wish Liz had kicked Jason's arse out of her house like she did Sam's when he kept accusing her of lying and that how would he know what lines she would or wouldn't cross? That should have opened her eyes, and she should have gone to her door, opened it, and kicked him out, after getting the key back. But nooo. Can't have that, can we. Instead, I'm stuck with listening to her beg and plead to have Jason believe her. UGH. Not to discount that she lied. She did. Or that it was a simple thing. It wasn't.  

Okay, now, for realz, Dante is now DEADTOME. These fucking hacks don't bother to look up or remember how Dante already compromised his ass legally, when he lied on the stand about how he got shot in the chest, or that he continues to look the other way or is willfully ignorant of what Sonny does for a living. He didn't seem at all conflicted or pained as he told Lulu he was filing for divorce.

It's a conspiracy, I'm sure, to "dirty" up all the good characters, just so we, the viewers will finally accept the Fucking SERIAL KILLER. Because then, there won't be any good characters to root for. Hence why they tried to make Anna into a cold blooded murderer as well. I'm not drinking that Kool Aid.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5

Don't forget Dante also took dirty money from Sonny. Shouldn't he lose his badge for that ! This show except for Robert Scorpio and some of Anna. lately has made me Not give a dame about any of the characters.. If my toe wasn't swollen so I couldn't go to the gym, I wouldn't have sat through this garbage last week. Plus I had to see Robert . With Anna the scenes were great.

• Love 2

I am really apathetic to the whole Lulu/Dante/Valerie thing. I would have enjoyed the storyline soo much more if Lulu went after her dog of husband, Dante instead of Valerie. Like Valerie is just a symptom. The husband who she is begging is the problem. 

Also, I want to reiterate this, the show has two women head writers. A show that has the woman who was cheated on begging her husband back. Yikes! 

• Love 10

I think with the exception of Ava and Lulu these women really don't have their misdeeds thrown in their face much at all. And imo that's actually kind of the problem.

It's a conspiracy, I'm sure, to "dirty" up all the good characters, just so we, the viewers will finally accept the Fucking SERIAL KILLER. Because then, there won't be any good characters to root for. Hence why they tried to make Anna into a cold blooded murderer as well. I'm not drinking that Kool Aid.

I really think someone behind the scenes (be it FV or someone at ABC or the writers idk) is determined to make a show about a bunch of disgusting, despicable people that are presented as heroes. I don't get it. It's like honestly so weird to me.

• Love 3
I think with the exception of Ava and Lulu these women really don't have their misdeeds thrown in their face much at all. And imo that's actually kind of the problem.

I think there has to be a statute of limitations at some point, though. Maybe forget about something after five years unless the exact same thing happens? I find it tiresome that stuff from ages ago is brought up as a reason to excuse someone else's behavior. No character on a soap has a spotless past.

This doesn't solve the problem of consequences for current behavior, which this show doesn't seem to want to do. That makes all the stories even more useless than they already are. If no one pays for anything, there's no reason to care what happens.

This show badly needs a major reset.

• Love 7

The same reason so many people hated the Superman movie - they've adopted this idea that the only hero/character that's interesting is the anti-hero. It's the Batman/Wolverine fanboy syndrome. Meanwhile, Captain America, the biggest boy scout in comics, was hugely successful.

I'm hoping that eventually soaps re-adopt the idea that there are all kinds of heroes and there needs to be more than one kind of character

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

ugh I have to give another compliment to Sonny. It would have been very Sonny-esque to say something like how dare Lulu throw in with Johnny but he didn't. Dude barely blinked. Congrats to Sonny for keeping off the hypocrisy train in this instance. But then, maybe he's just enjoying Dante being a douche and being able to say "hey you fucked up big time, how's that chest-shooting looking NOW?", heh.

• Love 8

I think the dirtying everyone up is more about making Sonny look good than Franco.  (And, look, it's working on ulkis. First they broke her with Dante's shitty behavior, now they're reeling her in with Sonny's surprisingly non-asshole response to it.)  

On a side note, I hadn't heard they named the blizzard Jonas, and the first time I saw a mention on here of them breaking into the show for Jonas coverage, my thought was "what the hell did one of the Jonas brothers do that warrants breaking into programming??"  

• Love 14

I think the dirtying everyone up is more about making Sonny look good than Franco.  (And, look, it's working on ulkis. First they broke her with Dante's shitty behavior, now they're reeling her in with Sonny's surprisingly non-asshole response to it.)  

They got me good! I just like to see the good in everyone! la di da.

On a side note, I hadn't heard they named the blizzard Jonas, and the first time I saw a mention on here of them breaking into the show for Jonas coverage, my thought was "what the hell did one of the Jonas brothers do that warrants breaking into programming??"

heh, me too. Actually I was all, "is that a politician? whale? Oh well."

Don't forget everyone, Ryan Paevey's Pride and Prejudice Lifetime movie will be on tonight. Or Hallmark. Whatever. I'm sure he will make his mark in the pantheon of Darcys!

• Love 4
Don't forget everyone, Ryan Paevey's Pride and Prejudice Lifetime movie will be on tonight. Or Hallmark. Whatever. I'm sure he will make his mark in the pantheon of Darcys!

Safe to say Colin Firth is not anxious about the latest competition!

• Love 5

Was Friday The Jason Morgan's actual day of birth or did Carly event that like she evented Franco's birthday, Sonny is Micheal's father, and that she has friends? If so, how old is Jason? He looks 32-36, but has to be about 50. Jason is the oldest Quartermaine, no? Invented Port Charles in his image?

Billy Miller telling Carly to shut up is all of us all of the days. Him gritting his teeth and dealing with it isn't an acting choice, it's survival.

Michael told Sonny he lives his example everyday. So he's going to murder Carlos now and lie, saying AJ trapped him in a closet?

• Love 6
Jason is the oldest Quartermaine, no?

I'm pretty sure A.J. was older than Jason. Jason was the middle child, with Emily the youngest. And my guess would be that Jason is somewhere in his very late 30's, early 40's. He was still in high school during Steve Burton's early days on the show and I'm pretty sure he was a college student when the accident happened. So that put him at like 20-21 at the time. And that all happened in the late 90's. So I think that would put him at late 30's, maybe very early 40's now.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

Yes, AJ was definitely the eldest Q kid. He was thought for a time by Monica to be Rick Webber's kid. Jason was the product of an affair between Alan and Susan Moore and was the middle kid. Then came Emily.

• Love 1

Also, I want to reiterate this, the show has two women head writers. A show that has the woman who was cheated on begging her husband back. Yikes!

I see where you are going with this tack, but even if we agreed that Lulu was perfect and had no culpability in the marriage breakup, she has now collaborated with a criminal fugitive in a vindictive plan that almost got someone killed (and destroyed property in the woods when the cabin burned).

Lulu has already skated the serious consequences of going to prison for 15 years, had she been convicted. But no one--not Dante, not the head writers, and none of us--can or should ignore the mindset, actions, and assumptions she adopted before she was caught. As Dante said, Lulu destroyed the other part of their marriage by her vindictive acts against Valerie. Lulu was begging Dante to ignore her illegal, criminal behavior.

• Love 3

I can easily ignore what Lulu did. Dante is cheating scum, it's fiction, and as far as I'm concerned, Dante and his bed buddy sticking together post cheating made Lulu temporarily insane.

That's my rationale. Dante can DIAF. Val can drown in her tears when he does.

• Love 16

Yes, AJ was definitely the eldest Q kid. He was thought for a time by Monica to be Rick Webber's kid. Jason was the product of an affair between Alan and Susan Moore and was the middle kid. Then came Emily.

I've been you tubing the GH90210 years with AJ, Jason, Karen, Brenda, Jagger.... before Sonny was the Sun. AJ and Jason must be soap opera close in age, as they look it and they seem to be in college together. But was Friday Jason's birthday? I thought his birthday was in September and that Carly gave the day to Franco. They were living together and still hiding AJ's murder by Sonny.

January 22 was the day that Jason came out of the coma after AJ drove him into the tree, so apparently he took that as the birthday of Jason Morgan. But since he hates having his birthday acknowledged, I'm not sure why it mattered.

I think A.J. and Jason were born about a year apart. I remember the two of them toddling around the mansion together after Susan died.

ETA: According to the always accurate Wikipedia, A.J. was born on-screen in December 1979 and Jason off-screen in September 1981. Both were SORASed in 1991 when A.J. graduated from boarding school, making A.J.'s birth year 1973 (and Jason's presumably 1975?) So that would make Jason 40 now, which seems about right.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 2

As Dante said, Lulu destroyed the other part of their marriage by her vindictive acts against Valerie.

Dante completely destroyed their marriage by cheating in their bed with her cousin. I don't give a hoot what Lulu did in response. Lulu was the one wronged and yet somehow the writers want me to believe poor wittle Valerie is a victim. Lulu was vindictive? Good for her. Valierie blamed Lulu for Valerie fucking Dante in Lulu and Dante's bed. I mean seriously?

Plus, Dante yet again accused Lulu of cheating ... and again I say seriously?

I don't even care about Lulu and Dante all that much and this story irritates me to no end.

Don't even get me started on all of Michael's ass kissing of Sonny this week. OOOhhhh that rage head ache is coming on ....

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 11

WHAT.

Edited by katie9918
  • Love 2
That's my rationale. Dante can DIAF. Val can drown in her tears when he does.

If Dante is to DIAF, can it be the result of a fireworks accident on the Fourth of July?  It would be poetic to fuck up that day forever for Valerie.

• Love 17

Hee. It's a modern-day take, but still. They even have him say, "once my good judgement is lost, it is lost forever" or whatever the line is.

I believe it's "opinion," but yours works better in this context.

• Love 1

I can easily ignore what Lulu did. Dante is cheating scum, it's fiction, and as far as I'm concerned, Dante and his bed buddy sticking together post cheating made Lulu temporarily insane.

Lulu's intended behavior was illegal and criminal. She premeditatively plotted with a criminal fugitive to take unholy, extrapolated revenge on Val, who nearly died as a direct result. Lulu did not deserve to skate her guilt, but since she was allowed to do so, Val should sue the blonde's ass for lots of money for compensation for her suffering. Perhaps Val could be compensated with ownership of Haunted Star itself.

If Lulu wants to countersue for alienation of affection or somesuch, so be it. But I think the law would look more kindly on compensating Val for what she went through re:pain and suffering.

• Love 3

I hate how Lulu has gotten the AJ/Scott treatment. Remember when they had AJ stalk his own wife Courtney so Jason could have her without any guilt or what a gigantic jerk they turned Scott into so it was okay for Laura to leave him for her rapist? Though I believe that Lante is endgame. 

• Love 5

Lulu's intended behavior was illegal and criminal. She premeditatively plotted with a criminal fugitive to take unholy, extrapolated revenge on Val, who nearly died as a direct result. Lulu did not deserve to skate her guilt, but since she was allowed to do so, Val should sue the blonde's ass for lots of money for compensation for her suffering. Perhaps Val could be compensated with ownership of Haunted Star itself.

If Lulu wants to countersue for alienation of affection or somesuch, so be it. But I think the law would look more kindly on compensating Val for what she went through re:pain and suffering.

Go, Lulu, go! Make Val suffer! (But save the worst for the hubby, K? Thanks!)

Though I believe that Lante is endgame.

Sucks to be Lulu.

Really, I usually don't care at all about Lulu, Lante, or Dante, especially when I consider Lulu was once the "Valerie" to Georgie and Dillon, but I'll be damned if this utterly shitty writing - by women! - and daring to paint Lulu as the villain to her cheating husband and his cohort - Lulu's own cousin - has made me so sick I just have to come to Lulu's defense by default.

The whole thing is disgusting. And why? To push the newbie, Val? No.

• Love 5

P3pp3rb1rd, I agree with a lot of what you say on this Lulu/Dante/Valerie topic, but I don't need them to go as far as Valerie suing Lulu. Lulu is a spoiled princess; the best punishment by far for her is being bucked from her high horse, having everyone involved and even people not involved know how far she sank, and knowing it's all on her. She's like someone who was playing poker and had a royal flush in hand and said, "Now...how many of these cards can I give back?" and then ended up with a lousy hand. So she's forfeited a lot of sympathy in town, and with it the ass-kissing on which she thrives. Well done!

I mean, of course she's going to have people like Sonny speaking up on her behalf, telling Dante "Maybe you need to look at what you did to drive Lulu to act that way," just like Olivia a week or two ago was saying to Lulu she needed to take some of the responsibility for her marriage having problems in the first place. That's General Hospital's idea of balance.

• Love 2

Really, I usually don't care at all about Lulu, Lante, or Dante, especially when I consider Lulu was once the "Valerie" to Georgie and Dillon, but I'll be damned if this utterly shitty writing - by women! - and daring to paint Lulu as the villain to her cheating husband and his cohort - Lulu's own cousin - has made me so sick I just have to come to Lulu's defense by default.

The whole thing is disgusting. And why? To push the newbie, Val? No.

In the beginning, AIUI, it was absolutely to pimp Valerie.  Now?  In my best Tracy Quartermaine voice--which is to say worst, since I'm a guy, but only Jane Elliot can channel the right emotion for this: I honestly don't know what the fuck they're doing.

1. Lulu being hurt and lashing out, fine.  Hell, great.
  2. Lulu being hurt and lashing out against Valerie, fine.
  3. Lulu being hurt and lashing out against Valerie via Johnny...not great, but okay fine.
  4. Lulu being hurt and lashing out against Valerie in order to theoretically save her marriage after having signed separation papers and moving out: uh, okay, this isn't so good.  Why didn't this get elaborated a lot sooner?
  5. Lulu being hurt, lashing out, and basically through a comedy of errors nearly getting Valerie killed in a fire: the hell, show?
  6. (ETA) Lulu being hurt and lashing out against Valerie...but not Dante.  Are you bleeping kidding me?  
Edited by Bill C.
  • Love 12

Agreed.

Val sleeping with Shewlu's husband in NO WAY justifies the wife to find a criminal to territorize Val for any reason.

• Love 6

I still think Valerie is the dumbest character ever, like Sonny level dumb and emotionally unaware. She's got her own cousin saying to her face "I want you out of town. Leave town." She lives with another cousin who ignores her, has left/been kicked out of another cousin's home and that cousin's brother's home. She had no money, job, place to live when coming to this town where she is unwanted. The guy that she "loves" does not love her, will never love her. His mother has already verbally dressed her down. She's been publicly outed as having slept with her cousin's husband. Her cousin went so far as to hire a friend she knows that is on the run to get her to leave town. There are also criminals running freely about town. Dude, just leave. There's 50 states. Pick another one besides PA or NY. Or hook up with Sonny because if I'm going to see Valerie and Sonny, I want to be disgusted at once.

• Love 9

I don't even care about Lulu and Dante all that much and this story irritates me to no end.

Samesies! Like I have never really given one shit about Lulu or Lulu/Dante but this story sends me over the fucking edge. It's worse than the shit with Liz and maybe even worse than Michael kissing Sonny's ass again. And the only reason I can see for it is to prop fucking Valerie, which makes literally no sense.

That's probably why this story is even more rage inducing; I just do not get why they wanna prop Valerie so much. Like them propping Sonny, Jason, Sam, I can get where they're coming from even if I don't agree, but to ruin the only consistently not-horrible-in-every-way ship they had left and a legacy character like Lulu all to prop Valerie just does not compute to me. And like they went about it in the weirdest, most nonsensical way I've ever seen. Why have Valerie and Dante fuck in Lulu's bed? Like really it didn't have to be taken to that level. And why have Valerie blame Lulu for everything rather than show actual remorse? The whole thing is just mindbogglingly stupid.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 13
(ETA) Lulu being hurt and lashing out against Valerie...but not Dante. Are you bleeping kidding me?

I think Johnny might have questioned why Lulu wasn't going after Dante, and she said it was because she didn't want anything to happen to Rocco's father. That's sort of okay, taken on its own merits, but it's dumb from a revenge standpoint, as Dante is the one who cheated. But logic and the right person getting what's coming never happens on GH. Not that Valerie doesn't deserve some hate, but no one forced Dante to sleep with her.

• Love 4

Val isn't even interesting or entertaining. It isn't even fun to mock her. Characters are being trashed to prop this useless character that could disappear tomorrow and it wouldn't affect a damn thing. Even Kiki has a few people (on the show) who would miss her if she went away. 

• Love 9

Val isn't even interesting or entertaining. It isn't even fun to mock her. Characters are being trashed to prop this useless character that could disappear tomorrow and it wouldn't affect a damn thing. Even Kiki has a few people (on the show) who would miss her if she went away. 

I have a friend on Twitter who's like a Val stan and I just don't get it. She's so blah. There's nothing interesting about her at all. 

• Love 4

Valerie on her own, perhaps limited, merits isn't a bad character IMO.  (I'm discounting Brytni Sarpy's stupid hotness here.)  Squarely thumbs-in-the-middle, but it happens.  The problem is that AIUI she got the Sabrina treatment: instead of a velvet glove leading her onto the proverbial stage, giving her a twirl, and saying "Hi, everyone.  This is Valerie.  Let's all get to know her..." she got a mailed fist smooshing her face into the screen and booming "It's Valerie <monster truck commercial reverb echo>!  Love her, bitches!"

I do wonder if her having a friend--or, in her case, at least Bobbie--around might have helped mitigate this in any way...

I think Johnny might have questioned why Lulu wasn't going after Dante, and she said it was because she didn't want anything to happen to Rocco's father. That's sort of okay, taken on its own merits, but it's dumb from a revenge standpoint, as Dante is the one who cheated. But logic and the right person getting what's coming never happens on GH. Not that Valerie doesn't deserve some hate, but no one forced Dante to sleep with her.

Now that you mention it, I think I remember her saying that.  And, yeah, that's fine.  But she could still have verbally lashed out against him more (unless I missed her continuing to do it--not ruling it out), which unfortunately is a running gag of sorts on this show.

Edited by Bill C.
  • Love 7

Why have Valerie and Dante fuck in Lulu's bed? Like really it didn't have to be taken to that level.

Sadly I really think it was just because they didn't want to put up another set.

• Love 11

While I agree that certain parties in this town have been quite cold and even hostile and hateful  to Valerie, she has some supporters--like Jordan, Bobbie, and Dante himself. Leaving town would not be my response either. I think it is commendable that Val is trying to learn a difficult job at the Police Academy. She enjoys jogging in the park and understands football. She never stooped as low as Princess Lulu did, conspiring with a known criminal to hurt a third party. Instead of Val leaving town I think she should have her bravery commended and the Mean Girls of Port Charles should have to make more serious restitution to her for her pain and suffering. Val has broken up with Dante, so it is up to Lulu now if Lulu wants to try to repair her marriage. I think Dante admires Val's independence, job goals, and interest in something besides babies and embryos. Lulu should get a clue from that, and the couple should undergo counseling if they want to reconcile for any reason, especially for Rocco's future.

• Love 1