Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

This writing for Dante is seriously baffling.  He's grateful that Valerie has been his "life line"...in the fallout from the cheating that HE did WITH VALERIE.

It's just....

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 20

Patrick needs to dropped headfirst off a parapet, I am done with him. His behaviour is gross and inexcusable. I want him kicked in the teeth, then the ballsack, then the teeth again, and then dropped off a parapet headfirst.

His behavior would actually make sense to me if he had a POV beyond his plot point insta-relationship with Sam. And I would hope that's what the writers are getting to. His anger should ultimately be about Robin.

• Love 2

Can I please have a scene in which someone explains the Sonny/Carly/Jason history to Jason?

So, you had amnesia and your family was on your case. Naturally you became a hitman. Then you had a one night stand with a chick you met at a bar. Hello, Carly! You were in love with Robin but she was on recurring so it was a little dicey. Then your one night slam piece turned up pregnant by your half-brother and you've always been a guy ready to do a pal a solid so of course you claimed paternity. Then you named the kid after Sonny because there's nothing hooyah about that. Fast forward and Carly is trying to get you back in the sack but you had the audacity to dance with Liz! Sonny did you a solid and freed you from Carly's crazy by sleeping with her. Because that's what friends do. Am I right?

• Love 10

Before the Jason reveal, Monica had been grieving the murders of all FOUR of her children.  Liz knows the pain of "losing" a child and the joy of having that child retuned to her.  For Liz to keep Jakeson's identity a secret is one of the most heinous things a soap character has ever done. 

• Love 14

His behavior would actually make sense to me if he had a POV beyond his plot point insta-relationship with Sam. And I would hope that's what the writers are getting to. His anger should ultimately be about Robin.

My only wish is that his anger would cause his head to explode and just do the world a favour.

Before the Jason reveal, Monica had been grieving the murders of all FOUR of her children.  Liz knows the pain of "losing" a child and the joy of having that child retuned to her.  For Liz to keep Jakeson's identity a secret is one of the most heinous things a soap character has ever done. 

More heinous than sleeping with the man who had your son raped in prison? Just as a for instance. This show will always go to the worst possible place. Don't tempt them.

• Love 8

This writing for Dante is seriously baffling.  He's grateful that Valerie has been his "life line"...in the fallout from the cheating that HE did WITH VALERIE.

It's just....

I mean, this story has surpassed even my expectations of how bad it was gonna be, and I did not have a high bar here. I mean, now he tells other women while he's still married that can they be a thing right now even though he might leave her in less than a couple of weeks but oops there's our co-worker let's hide? I mean, for what reason does he think that he might not be with Valerie? His own boredom? It should hell as not be that's thinking Lulu will take him back by that time.

I was indignant though that Johnny said he saw it blowing up back when he was around last year. Shut up Johnny, that was still real Dante, the one who was desperate to get back to his wife. TOTALLY DIFFERENT PERSON.

Was Johnny always such a jabroni? To me he's coming off as a character playing a character right now, quite hollow and disingenuous.

Someone said he was doing an accent again today (still going off recaps here)? Ever since his last visit BB decided to go all James Cagney on us.

• Love 3

But then his risotto would burn?

Sometimes hard sacrifices must be made. You know, he can ask Robin a thing or two about that. Well he could, you know, if his head hasn't yet exploded. 

• Love 1

Can I please have a scene in which someone explains the Sonny/Carly/Jason history to Jason?

So, you had amnesia and your family was on your case. Naturally you became a hitman. Then you had a one night stand with a chick you met at a bar. Hello, Carly! You were in love with Robin but she was on recurring so it was a little dicey. Then your one night slam piece turned up pregnant by your half-brother and you've always been a guy ready to do a pal a solid so of course you claimed paternity. Then you named the kid after Sonny because there's nothing hooyah about that. Fast forward and Carly is trying to get you back in the sack but you had the audacity to dance with Liz! Sonny did you a solid and freed you from Carly's crazy by sleeping with her. Because that's what friends do. Am I right?

With this scene, too, please?  

Jason's original portrayer, SBu, was leaving the show for a while anyway and they needed to do something to keep Carly busy while Jason was gone, so why not make her pregnant by Sonny after the HateSex! and keep Carly occupied until Tamara Braun could take over for SJB and SBu could work with an actress as Carly who didn't stink of cigarettes and make him sick.  

Edited by 33kaitykaity

I'm sorry JaneDigby, of course there is no upper level to the heinousness that is Carly and Sonny.  They are a match made is sociopathic heaven.  Liz supposedly has a moral compass yet she has reached CarSon levels of heinousness over the past seven months.

• Love 4

Patrick's anger is pure petulance.  He was in Sam's position not that long ago and, unlike what he is doing to Sam, both Robin and Sabrina gave him room to make a decision.  And you know what he did in return?  Got so caught up in how hard it was on him that he didn't ask one question about what Robin had been through and barely showed any concern for Sabrina (although she got more concern than Robin did).  Now that the shoe is on the other foot he is demanding Sam give him the consideration he couldn't muster up for those women.  

Of course I am sure this leads to him having an epiphany and apologizing to Sabrina but I am also sure Robin will get no such apologies.  For any of what he has put her through, through the years.  

Frankly, though, Patrick's attitude is nothing new.  If someone doesn't do wrong to Patrick directly he doesn't consider it a big deal for the woman in his life.  They are just supposed to let it roll off of their back and get back to focusing on him

Edited by camussie
  • Love 5
Someone said he was doing an accent again today (still going off recaps here)? Ever since his last visit BB decided to go all James Cagney on us.

Oh god he was and it was tragic...I at first thought I was missing something but it kept happening, until it stopped somewhere in the middle of the scenes, I guess he forgot or stopped caring to keep it up.

He sounded like Al Capone's butcher's assistant.

• Love 1

Is it too early to start campaigning to get rid of these HWs?

Just to be clear - still glad RC is gone and don't ever want him anywhere near GH ever again but these two jackasses are giving him a run for his money in the shitty HW department

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

Is it too early to start campaigning to get rid of these HWs?

Just to be clear - still glad RC is gone and don't ever want him anywhere near GH ever again but these two jackasses are giving him a run for his money in the shitty HW department

This show under RC and now under JP/SA is glorified AU fanfic.

• Love 4

And Emma was freaking nauseating today. It's so gross to watch Robin's own daughter not giving a single fuck about her. Like, her super happiness and obsession with Sam while her mother lost a year of her life protecting her is truly disgusting to watch.

• Love 3

And Emma was freaking nauseating today. It's so gross to watch Robin's own daughter not giving a single fuck about her. Like, her super happiness and obsession with Sam while her mother lost a year of her life protecting her is truly disgusting to watch.

God knows what Emma has been told about her mother the last year.

There are no words for how much a douche Patrick was today. Telling Sam she'd have to give him more than that, slamming the door in Jason's face...THIS is the guy Robin is sadly giving up her whole life to protect (him and Emma) and who we are supposed to want Robin back with? And he clearly give no shits about what Liz has done except for how it effects his relationship with Sam. How dare she want to tell her husband the truth?!

• Love 7

God knows what Emma has been told about her mother the last year.

There are no words for how much a douche Patrick was today. Telling Sam she'd have to give him more than that, slamming the door in Jason's face...THIS is the guy Robin is sadly giving up her whole life to protect (him and Emma) and who we are supposed to want Robin back with? And he clearly give no shits about what Liz has done except for how it effects his relationship with Sam. How dare she want to tell her husband the truth?!

It's SO sick. They're really acting like Sam was a mother to Emma. Sam, who moved in in APRIL and never had ANY actual bonding scenes with the kid. NONE. ZERO. And now Emma is all, "I'm funny cuz of Sammy." Fuck off, show. It's pure bullshit.

Patrick makes NO sense and it's truly petty the way he's continuing to be written. His last days on this show were just spent making risotto in an apron.

• Love 5
JaneDigby Today. 1:37 pm

More heinous than sleeping with the man who had your son raped in prison? Just as a for instance. This show will always go to the worst possible place. Don't tempt them.

Well actually Carly has slept with BOTH men responsible for getting her son raped in prison.  Jason brokered a deal with Anthony Zaccarra to protect Michael in prison. Jason warned Sonny to do NADA re the Zaccarra's for Michael's sake.  Sonny then decided he was going to kidnap Johnny and kill him... for reasons. So Anthony removed his protection which left Michael vulnerable and Carter decided since the protection was called off and he was a sick bastard, he raped Michael.  Sonny and Franco set it in motion and Carter took advantage of it.  If you are going to blame one then blame the other too.

Edited by linsav
  • Love 6

I give no fucks anymore. End the Samtrick bullshit and let JT/Patrick escape. Frank is a nasty petty ass. So sorry that an actor got to escape your cesspool, dude. JT probably knew more of this was Patrick's fate if he stayed and he wisely cut his losses.

It's just too bad these hacks and ol' Frankie are hellbent on destroying Patrick in the meantime.

Oh, and as for poorpoorpoorpoorSam having the right to tell her husband the truth? Fuck her. Where is her ass still residing? Oh, right. With her BACKUP. Show some class, open your mouth, and GET THE FUCK OUT. Then worry about Holy Hitman as much as you like!

• Love 6
Before the Jason reveal, Monica had been grieving the murders of all FOUR of her children.  Liz knows the pain of "losing" a child and the joy of having that child retuned to her.  For Liz to keep Jakeson's identity a secret is one of the most heinous things a soap character has ever done
More heinous than sleeping with the man who had your son raped in prison?

More heinous that having the people responsible for killing someone literally fuck in his crypt? More heinous that an unrepentant mobster and his hit man be the romantic male leads?

Liz lying is way down the list, AFAIC. There've been a lot more heinous things than that.

Of course I am sure this leads to him having an epiphany and apologizing to Sabrina

He did that last week, I believe.

Sonny set it in motion

Sonny, Carly, and Jason set it in motion when they decided self-defense wasn't a good enough reason for Michael to go to the police. Especially since Dante was on the force by then. Gah. We had numerous rage blackouts about how idiotic those morons were for the cover-up.

• Love 6

I give no fucks anymore. End the Samtrick bullshit and let JT/Patrick escape. Frank is a nasty petty ass. So sorry that an actor got to escape your cesspool, dude. JT probably knew more of this was Patrick's fate if he stayed and he wisely cut his losses.

It's just too bad these hacks and ol' Frankie are hellbent on destroying Patrick in the meantime.

Oh, and as for poorpoorpoorpoorSam having the right to tell her husband the truth? Fuck her. Where is her ass still residing? Oh, right. With her BACKUP. Show some class, open your mouth, and GET THE FUCK OUT. Then worry about Holy Hitman as much as you like!

I would care about Sam if Patrick and Emma didn't just fucking DANCE in the living room like disgusting humans while Robin is a PRISONER. I can't. I cannot.

I don't think Patrick is being destroyed.  This is who he is.  As long as it doesn't affect him directly he doesn't care what someone is doing to his loved ones.  He has always been about his pain first and foremost and he wants the woman in his life to get over whatever they are going through so they can get back to focusing on him.  Patrick is great as long as everyone in Patrick's life agrees that Patrick comes first, last, and always.  The second that changes his inner jackhole comes out.  

Balance will be restored soon enough, though.  Robin will come back, probably apologize for being held prisoner, tell Patrick how hard this has been on him , after Anna of course, tells Robin how hard this has been on Patrick and Patrick himself talks about how much he has been through and they will go off into the sunset with Robin and Patrick both focused on Patrick, just the way he likes it.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 6

Sam certainly wasn't having a good day today. Patrick throwing things??? calm down dude. Its not like you haven't been in her spot with Robin/Sabrina. So chill.

Liz continues to lie, lmao of course. I love hating this crazy bitch.

• Love 5

I've been deleting w/o watching for a couple of months now, and today I watched/ff this mess. Man, it's so bad. The writing is almost Passions level bad. I mean, not quite, but nothing makes any sense.

What have they done to Dante? He was like the last decent male character on the show. Dante and Lulu were the last real couple this show created that I truly rooted for. It hasn't been the same since JB left, but still...

This show has nothing going for it, but the acting.

• Love 4

I don't care how mean Jason and Patrick were to Sam, because I know it is just more stuff to sell Sam as the biggest victim ever to us.  Sam told the truth and Jason and Patrick were mean to her.  Liz, Laura, Nik, Lucky, etc are all lying to poor, poor Sam.  Helena just cursed poor, poor Sam.  The victim is all Sam has been portrayed as for years.  She was the poor rape victim whose husband was mean to her.  Then she was the poor grieving mother who child was stolen from her.  Then she was the poor innocent girlfriend to Silas and Ava and Nina were mean to her.  I felt sorry for her the first couple of times, but now the schtick is old

• Love 6

This show has nothing going for it, but the acting.

Even that's fallen to the wayside. Strangely enough I find myself impressed by Emme Rylan and Kelly Monaco, who I have usually thought has whisper-shuffled her way through the years, but she seems to be one of the few putting in an effort lately. Becky is good. She is playing the villain to the hilt. Oh, and Laura Wright, as annoying as I find Carly, never phones in it either.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9

Ugh, reading all of this makes it even more obvious that Patprick is going to do a nonsensical 180 about loving Robin not Sam.

Based upon you all the writers can't write and it will be a complete mess of a reunion that makes no sense. Hopefully, KMc and JT were allowed to act and we get some decent scenes.

FV is petty and I hope he enjoys being petty and jobless very soon.

• Love 8

Laura Wright, as annoying as I find Carly, never phones in it either.

I so agree with this. As much as I am annoyed by her constant #GHkicksAss and #FallinlovewithGH tweets I do give her props for never phoning it in. TC should def. take notes.

• Love 8

Ugh, reading all of this makes it even more obvious that Patprick is going to do a nonsensical 180 about loving Robin not Sam.

Based upon you all the writers can't write and it will be a complete mess of a reunion that makes no sense. Hopefully, KMc and JT were allowed to act and we get some decent scenes.

FV is petty and I hope he enjoys being petty and jobless very soon.

It's like Frank told all the writers: "Patrick CANNOT give a flying fuck about Robin until Sam and Patrick are officially over."

"But Frank, that makes no sense, we can flesh out the character and....."

"Save it, Writer 3! Go write something meaty for Bryan Craig! Maybe his character gets addicted to aspirin and Pop Rocks."

• Love 10

And just what fuckary was going on between Val and Bobbie? That's why they bring Bobbie back? To encourage Val and support her in being the most clueless, brainless, cruel, selfish, ridiculous, hurtful, and unrepentant cousin in PC? ...I've no words.

It's really sad that Bobbie had to be on Valerie handholding duty. Ugh, I just wanted to punch Val in the face as she kept passive aggressively talking about how much Bobbie must hate her and then Bobbie bends over backwards to absolve Valerie of any culpability in what she did. I get that Bobbie doesn't necessarily have any room to throw stones, but still, Lulu is her niece who she supposedly loves. While Val is also her niece, she barely even knows her. She said have had some words to say about her icky her behavior was and not advising her to cool things off with Dante for her sake. How about not pursuing a relationship with her cousin's husband for LULU's sake.

I get that you're angry about the writing for Robin, but Emma's just a little girl. It's not as if Emma knows why Robin has been lying to her and everyone else in her life. All Emma knows is that Robin basically abandoned her to work so why exactly shouldn't Emma try and be happy?

So because she lives with Patrick she's his prisoner? She's not allowed to speak to her husband or care about what happens to him? She can only care about Patrick and do whatever he tells her? Class has nothing to do with this situation.

• Love 15

I'm watching out of morbid curiosity. Dante couldn't even change the locale of his date for Nathan and Maxie? Is there any area of his life where he is not a dick?

oh, it turns out Nathan had to cancel. Whatever, my complaint still counts. He never offered to change!

Why does everyone on this show have to suck so much?

Especially the dudes and their treatment of women.  Patrick, Jason, Nikolas, and Dante were all, in different ways, awful today.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Was Johnny always such a jabroni? To me he's coming off as a character playing a character right now, quite hollow and disingenuous.

He started that the last time he returned. I was really hoping he'd drop it this time. I hate it. That being said, I'm super down for Johnny/Lulu. I hope they fuck all over PC.

Patrick and Dante are the worst. THE WORST.

I loved Valerie's shirt today. But Valerie is the worst.

Maxie and Nathan were probably the only decent/mature people on today's episode. That is so sad.

• Love 6

So Valerie is only slightly less pathetic than Liz. She's reluctant to start things with Dante and asks him if he thinks he might go back to Lulu and when he basically says he has no idea and wants to be with her because she's uncomplicated, she just laps it up and is so desperate she tells him she's okay with being the rebound as long as she can be with him. If I actually cared about that character, I'd feel sorry for her.

It's made worse by DZ doing some of the worst checked out acting since MB and the Angel debacle. I hate the idea of a Val and Dante pairing, and don't want to see him making googly-eyes at her, but every time Valerie kept talking about her feelings for Dante and how much she wanted to be with him, they would cut to a Dante reaction shot and he looked like he was trying to contemplate how to run through the alphabet backwards.

I liked that, even if the reasoning wasn't completely sound, they did have Lulu verbalize on-screen why she's directing more of her anger at Valerie than Dante. Most shows won't even give you that token explanation. 

BM's acting was all over the place in his scenes with Liz and Sam. I get that he was mad not just at Sam but also at Carly, because of his earlier interactions with her, but his screaming at Sam was OTT. Then in the next scenes he seemed very wary of Liz. He was looking at her as if the coins had dropped from his eyes and he was seeing her for the pathetic psycho she is, and while I am all over people looking at Liz that way, I don't know why he was suddenly wary of her. 

Patrick was such an ass. First for basically getting pissed at Alexis. "Remind me to thank her for that."  Yes, how dare Sam's own mother, try to advise her daughter and look out for her best interests and not do exactly what Patrick would like. Then getting over the top mad that Sam told Jason her suspicions. Clearly he doesn't know Sam at all if he thought she could just let it drop. Great Sonny impression with the glass throwing and then stomping out in a tantrum.

I'm glad Jason at least apologized to Sam. I don't think SBu's Jason would have done that at all, but from the preview he looks back to throwing a snit. He's the one who came to Sam's home to ask her what she wanted to say and now it looks as though he gets his panties in a bunch because it's not what he wants to hear.

Ugh, Britt sucked, but shut up Nikolas. You had a woman shot. You have no moral leg to stand on when it comes to Britt and what she did to you.

• Love 18

Really, show? French math?* Is he going to spell big words next?

He's a charisma free dunce and speaking French doesn't change that

*that's what Maxie called it, yes?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
So because she lives with Patrick she's his prisoner?

No, but living there implies she wants Patrick and Patrick alone while she then turns around to go crawl back up Jason's ass. She is torn? Okay. So go to a NEUTRAL place to untangle herself. And get the hell out of the other man's house if she isn't all in. But also don't expect the "other choice" to wait.

Only logical. Why should Patrick pat her on the head if she is still sleeping with HIM at night?

Whether Patrick is the Sabrina here or not, he wasn't living with Sabrina after that all went down. It's just gross. Not like Sam can't afford another place.

• Love 2

Logically I agree Sam should move out but I just don't have a lot of sympathy for Patrick here.  He was just as self absorbed, if not more, when he spent a month moaning about his pain after Robin came back from the dead.  He made it all about him with a side of poor poor Sabrina and he expected a woman who had just been through hell for two years to understand.  And you know what? she did.  she gave him that space.  That he can't pay it forward makes him look like a total ass.  

• Love 16