Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Lulu needs to rush to the station to tell Dante about Julian, there are these inventions now called phones. She didn't even think of just calling him. LOL

Team Ric! I loved him telling Carly, Morgan's always riled up. Carly wants to blame even that on Ric when Morgan was losing it even before he got there and I wish Michael would have been slapped. "I'm his son." Ugh. There went all that made Michael good before RC's instant give Avery back plot. Michael now is Sonny propper again.

And Dante shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near questioning Julian and alone while nobody did a thing to stop it.

Shooter is seeming like Paul to me with his mobster talk today. 

TJ's a moron. He's in debt because Sonny saved him. Sonny had to save your life, because you were in danger in the first place because of Sonny's mob life.

• Love 9

Those were some damn good JaSam scenes today. I liked KeMo and Billy's chemistry a lot, especially in the last scene. "Who said there's going to be a next time?" "You never know."

And Sam has attitiude with Patty tomorrow?! You stay winning, boo!

• Love 5

Oh, show.  You specifically have Carly call Patrick "the best neurosurgeon" and then remind us that the bullet that's still in Sonny is near his spine.  That actually trumped Michael's entire "I'm his son!" bit (and let's be honest--we all knew that was coming) for whatthefuckery...

But those both came in a distant second to TJ's almost literal tongue bath of the Scowl.  Seriously, if there was ever a moment where a mother should grab her child and try to desperately shake the crazy out of him, that was it.  I'm still not terribly pro-Jordan, but Vinessa Antoine sold it like it was an old Buick.

Sam: I love my purseholder but Jason Jason Jason Jason Jason Jason Jason.

Yeah, this was probably the first real emergence of any Jason-like behavior out of Jake, and while I thought BM and KeMo actually did do a good job with it all...it still left a faint bitter taste in my mouth.  The ticking bomb strapped to Samtrick is probably somewhere at ten minutes to detonation.

Probably.  And especially since I was hoping they wouldn't waste Richard Burgi on the mob scene.

• Love 6

So I just want to make sure this is clear. If you are on the barge, do not, I repeat, DO NOT LEAVE! Remain calm and enjoy your lowered blood pressure. There is absolutely no reason to disembark. Maybe ever. I will be one of the unfortunate souls to take one for the team.

I mean, how can you even begin to comment on today? Just when you think you've hit rock bottom, you keep sliding further and further down into utter tripe, Show.

Morgan is beyond annoying, and Michael is becoming a close runner up. But TJ takes first prize in an absolute landslide. Molly needs to dump his ass. I applaud her for choosing her college orientation over the wedding.

I really liked VA today though. She was great.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 14

Jordan needs to stop apologizing to that stupid little shit and admit to herself that he is headed towards a life of crime. It is not just his hero worship of Sonny, TJ clearly got an adrenaline rush from this latest experience. He also loves the lifestyle (pools, a maid, etc.) of being a mobster.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 8

Thanks dubbel zout! I must have missed that- that is how closely I watch these days.

I got confused, too. Val saw Dante standing next to Lulu, admiring the baby, so she got a choking look and Bobbi deduced Val needed to be taken home.

From this we are supposed to know that Val has the next Dante child on board (Docco?). I figured there had to be a follow-up I missed, there wasn't.

I am not sure if Bobbi knew because of her time as Head Nurse, or her time as Cheap Hooker.

• Love 1
Val saw Dante standing next to Lulu, admiring the baby, so she got a choking look and Bobbi deduced Val needed to be taken home.

From this we are supposed to know that Val has the next Dante child on board

It's always a pregnancy. I'm just glad they didn't have Valerie faint. Wait, that's probably our next "clue."

• Love 3

Jesus. I've been viewing very infrequently (but keeping up with all of you entertaining people, here.) And of course I catch the death of Michael Q. Oh, dear, you were amazing while you existed and I actually never thought it would happen at all, so I can at least reflect. I didn't see the credits, is this still Ron's writing? Did he undo his one good thing, Michael Q, on his way out the door? That seems like a Ron move.

Oh Dante, I love you... when you're not Sonny's Son. So please get some scissors and cut the hand waving/desk hitting the fuck out, mmm'kay, thanks? I was half expecting him to toss a coffee cup.

• Love 8

Jesus. I've been viewing very infrequently (but keeping up with all of you entertaining people, here.) And of course I catch the death of Michael Q. Oh, dear, you were amazing while you existed and I actually never thought it would happen at all, so I can at least reflect. I didn't see the credits, is this still Ron's writing? Did he undo his one good thing, Michael Q, on his way out the door? That seems like a Ron move.

I think that's all Frank Valentini, Nathan Varni, and TPTB at ABC Daytime.  It's clear to me they're the ones who ordered this shift back to All The Time Sonny.

• Love 3

There was something Sam said that made me go BUT DON'T YOU SEE THE LOGIC FAIL?? but I forget it.

It's not that Sonny's family can't be sad something happened to him, it's that they're acting so SHOCKED. Jesus, everyone was less upset when Sonny went to prison. Like, Olivia saying "poor Sonny doesn't deserve this". Um, yes, he absolutely does. At the very least, it's not undeserved.

DZ/Dante, both the character and the actor needed to take it down about 3 notches. 

TJ: Sonny was so brave, so strong, so beautiful*

Okay, why doesn't he just marry him then?

*Okay, he didn't say beautiful

Morgan: THAT DOCTOR USED BIG WORDS AND THAT MAKES ME ANGRY

Ric, have some damn dignity. I could have done with a giant anvil dropped onto the whole waiting room.

I'm ready for TJ to be shot in the head…or chest. I'm not picky.

Showtime is calling you TJ!

Oh Dante, I love you... when you're not Sonny's Son. So please get some scissors and cut the hand waving/desk hitting the fuck out, mmm'kay, thanks? I was half expecting him to toss a coffee cup.

Yeah, the chair kicking was dumb. Although I suppose I could fanwank that it was Julian he's even more upset cause it means his mom may have to go back into hiding again/he's all the more eager to put him away for her sake.

I was amused at the dayplayer cop who was staring at him like, "okay man, calm down." Dayplayer cop was the height of Julian and Dante combined, he should have lifted them up, one on each arm.

oh, how did I forget about this:

Carly: and you married poor Nina Clay for her money.

Poor Nina Clay.

POOR NINA CLAY.

I can't.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 13
Like, Olivia saying "poor Sonny doesn't deserve this". Um, yes, he absolutely does. At the very least, it's not undeserved.

And didn't she say something about she didn't want Dante around all this mob violence, which is of course her excuse for keeping her baby off-screen away from Julian?  But then she was all smiley about Sonny getting custody of Avery back, not to mention the months she spent in a relationship after Connie died? 

In other words, cram it, Liv.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12

I mean, how can you even begin to comment on today? Just when you think you've hit rock bottom, you keep sliding further and further down into utter tripe, Show.

Yeah, pretty much. I mean, we could rant all day here. And we have. 

I think they will get a bump from some of this stuff, because I'm sure there are some Mo/Sonny/Carly/Laura fans who will come back who were driven away by the summer of Franco and Nina. But the rest of the audience will be choking on the logic fail.

• Love 3

Sam: I love my purseholder but Jason Jason Jason Jason Jason Jason Jason.

I don't know if the big old pause was supposed to be Sam being shocked that she realized she loved Patrick (I honestly don't think it was, I think it was more like she was going to say it and then she realized that wasn't true but decided to keep going anyway) but I like to think in my head she was about to say, "I love my gucci sunglasses and keurig machine".

Am I wrong for wanting Sonny to wind up in a chair for the rest of his life?

Oh yeah, I forgot about the weeping over that. He's still got Max, doesn't he? Calm down, people!

• Love 4

oh, how did I forget about this:

Carly: and you married poor Nina Clay for her money.

Poor Nina Clay.

POOR NINA CLAY.

I can't.

SERIOUSLY!

And shading Ric for marrying for money?  Is she forgetting how she came to own several international hotels?  Or who bought that house of hers for her?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

I don't know if the big old pause was supposed to be Sam being shocked that she realized she loved Patrick (I honestly don't think it was, I think it was more like she was going to say it and then she realized that wasn't true but decided to keep going anyway) but I like to think in my head she was about to say, "I love my gucci sunglasses and keurig machine".

Oh yeah, I forgot about the weeping over that. He's still got Max, doesn't he? Calm down, people!

Bwah. Yeah, KeMo played it like Sam didn't really believe what she was saying. It's why she always prefaces it with, "I live in the present like Jason told me." She's forcing herself to move on. Robin tried to save you, girl.

Max? Dante will come to daddy's rescue!

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

My one reaction to what little I saw of today's show was to hope that Morgan and TJ are the next people to die in a hail of gun fire. I thought he deserved to be punched or kicked out of the hospital by Patrick and/or Carly...and I strongly dislike Patrick often and Carly forever.

• Love 9

SERIOUSLY!

And shading Ric for marrying for money? Is she forgetting how she came to own several international hotels? Or who bought that house of hers for her?

Um, Carly is the bestest person and mother ever in the history of all histories. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2
Like, Olivia saying "poor Sonny doesn't deserve this". Um, yes, he absolutely does. At the very least, it's not undeserved.

This is the hypocrisy that drives me nuts. I can mostly deal with people pointing out other's behavior that they themselves have done, because bad behavior is bad behavior. But Sonny's life is based on and rooted in violence, and he perpetuates it on a daily basis. So any time the wheel swings around and knocks him over, it's completely deserved.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 11

I sincerely hope Rick the lawyer uses his status as brother to keep Carly and Michael from Sonny. Morgan isn't 21 yet, is he? I don't think he's old enough to make any decisions for his father and I would dearly love to see the Carly's head EXLPODE with frustration if Rick managed to edge her out.

Shut up, TJ

I'm glad to see Jane Elliot actually acting again, as opposed to merely propping up the late, unlamented Mr. Geary. Dare I hope a storyline is in her future? That might get me to swim from the barge a few times a week and the Lord knows I need the exercise...

Morgan, go play n traffic for a while. And Michael, what the fuck is wrong with you. TAKE AVERY AND MOVE HER BACK TO THE MANSION and make Alice her bodyguard. Does being in the Corinthos house immediately deduct 10 IQ points from everyone????

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 3

Max? Dante will come to daddy's rescue!

Dante will be too busy holding his baby and taking Valerie to doctor's appointments!

Speaking of, will Dante and Michael fight over who gets to sit by Sonny and call him "dad"? "He shot me, he loves me more!" "Nuh-uh, he shot my fat dad, he loves ME more!"

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10
make Alice her bodyguard

Maybe not this. Alice has done a terrible job of keeping unwanted people out of the Q mansion.

Speaking of, will Dante and Michael fight over who gets to sit by Sonny and call him "dad"? "He shot me, he loves me more!" "Nuh-uh, he shot my fat dad, he loves ME more!"

Morgan: "He gave me BPD. I win!"

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 9

I sincerely hope Rick the lawyer uses his status as brother to keep Carly and Michael from Sonny. Morgan isn't 21 yet, is he?

Yeah, he is, he was 19 when he first showed up in brydog form.

Edited by OnceSane
quoted post was edited

Um, Carly is the bestest person and mother ever in the history of all histories.

HeatLifer is so right-people just don't get it. Only the best mother/woman ever could marry Sonny again after he shot her while she was giving birth to their son, verbally abused her, caused her eldest son to get shot and go to prison, tried to destroy her daughter's father, murdered her eldest son's bio father. And how else can you explain her embracing her eldest son after he took so long to be nice to her again after she was involved in the cover up of said son's father's murder. How you're all not in awe of her awesomeness is just beyond understanding.

ETA: I need ulkis and dubbel zout to write the scripts for the Sonny-critically-injured-in-the-hospital scenes. Their ideas give me life.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 8

I don't know if he can carry Carly up the stairs, Carly's taller than him!

When Dante was clapping in Julian's face all OTT, I wanted Sonny to miraculously walk in and shoot Dante in the chest again. Clearly he needs a reminder. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 7

So I just want to make sure this is clear. If you are on the barge, do not, I repeat, DO NOT LEAVE! Remain calm and enjoy your lowered blood pressure. There is absolutely no reason to disembark. Maybe ever. I will be one of the unfortunate souls to take one for the team.

Morgan is beyond annoying, and Michael is becoming a close runner up. But TJ takes first prize in an absolute landslide. Molly needs to dump his ass. I applaud her for choosing her college orientation over the wedding.

I really liked VA today though. She was great.

I missed the memo and de-barged myself too soon. Because I'm a middle child, I will be there with you, taking one for the team, but mainly because there's a tv in the kitchen and I usually start dinner around 3pm and there's nothing else on.

As for today? Basically, I got nothing more than a headache.

Am I wrong for wanting Sonny to wind up in a chair for the rest of his life?

If wishing the worst on Sonny is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Besides, we know if, and that's a big if, he is in a wheelchair he will have a miraculous recovery, probably due to braveandstrongloveswithherwholeheart Carly and the magic of her glittery hoo-ha who causes his ability to walk again.

If this was another show I'd think they wouldn't go there with a wheelchair bound Sonny because we just went through it with Nina. But we're talking about TFGH.

Oh and I attribute any and all JaSam chemistry to their real-life involvement.

Thank you to all the posters who answered my question about "Hush Little Baby" being used before, I'd name you all, but my head is pounding too much from the blood pressure spike from today's show.

ETA: Michael, how could you betray us like this?

Edited by tveyeonyou
  • Love 3

why is everyone yelling at the top of their lungs IN A HOSPITAL??? Shouldn't someone, anyone remind them that there are sick people there and perhaps they should keep their voices down?

And TJ darling, "Brave, smart, strong" are not words anyone has EVER used to describe Sonny.

• Love 2

When Dante was clapping in Julian's face all OTT, I wanted Sonny to miraculously walk in and shoot Dante in the chest again. Clearly he needs a reminder.

"Dante, I didn't know you were my son just then! Your beard was blocking your face!"

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

So these are the shows between headwriters that FV tweaked, and we are right back to Sonny and Jason are the biggest, bravest heroes to ever live.  Ugh.  I have little hope for the future for the show

And I miss Michael Quartermaine.  Michael Corinthos sucks

Edited by aw86
  • Love 16

"Dante, I didn't know you were my son just then! Your beard was blocking your face!"

"Olivia! How could you not tell me our son was at the police station, standing near a desk with the nameplate Dante Falconeri and a picture of himself and Lulu!!? How was I supposed to know!?"

"Get some towels, Sonny!!! We need towels!"

"I don't know where the towels are, Olivia!! Robin, show everyone a picture of Stone!"

• Love 7

"Olivia! How could you not tell me our son was at the police station, standing near a desk with the nameplate Dante Falconeri and a picture of himself and Lulu!!? How was I supposed to know!?"

"Get some towels, Sonny!!! We need towels!"

"I don't know where the towels are, Olivia!! Robin, show everyone a picture of Stone!"

I'm cracking up. Oh man, we could do this all day.

• Love 2
why is everyone yelling at the top of their lungs IN A HOSPITAL??? Shouldn't someone, anyone remind them that there are sick people there and perhaps they should keep their voices down?

Have you ever been a patient in a hospital? It's truly the worst place to recover, what with alarms going off at all hours; the vitals being taken at 1 a.m., 3 a.m., and 5 a.m.; the interns making rounds at 6 a.m., and five well-meaning but useless hospital employees coming in during the day to make sure housekeeping is doing a good job.

People yelling is the least of the noise. 

• Love 3

Vinessa Antoine was outstanding today. Too bad TJ is a complete and utter idiot. 

Michael...I can't even. How soon he forgets about the OTHER dad who was unarmed and shot in the chest. I can't even began to deal with him. 

• Love 2

Oh! Now I remember the line that would make me have a rage black out if it weren't a "fool me once GH, shame on you, fool me 8267 times, shame on me" moment. When Jason is saying he feels no regret for killing those men and Sam is saying "Jason would have said men like that were asking for it/knew what they were doing/what they were in for." Yeah, so did Sonny! So enough with the tragic wringing of hands.

I don't expect characters who should know better to spit on him. They can be sad. But the outrage like a 12 year girl was shot. Please stop.

Also, Michael is dead to me again. What a slap in the face to his father who was murdered. So sick.

The worst part was Carly petting him and telling him he made his way back, slowly, but he made his way back.

I do not think the world slowly means what you think it means Carly.[/inigo Montoya]

• Love 10

100%. I'll be shocked if it's not Paul. Too bad RC is gone, he'd change it now since everyone already figured it out.

Vinessa Antoine was outstanding today.

This almost makes me want to go back and watch the TJ/Jordan scenes that I initially fast forwarded because TJ is a piece of shit. Almost.

I hated Dante today. And I hated how DZ played him. I was slightly embarrassed tbh. I hate Julian/WdV, but I thought he was actually pretty good today.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

100%. I'll be shocked if it's not Paul. Too bad RC is gone, he'd change it now since everyone already figured it out.

Heh heh.

This almost makes me want to go back and watch the TJ/Jordan scenes that I initially fast forwarded because TJ is a piece of shit. Almost.

Maybe it'll help you thinking that the actor is probably gone soon? Him and Molly should get married and move away. Seriously, they've been together for like 5 years. Okay, more like almost 4. Still!

I hated Dante today. And I hated how DZ played him. I was slightly embarrassed tbh.

The chair kicking was not a good choice. Like calm down Sonny is not having an affair with Dollar Store over here. I feel like DZ used to be able to do anger without EMOTING all over the place but maybe I was just biased. But no! The scene where Sonny shoots him he's full of repressed anger but not screaming, so either he's getting lazy or it's the direction or I don't know.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I feel like DZ used to be able to do anger without EMOTING all over the place but maybe I was just biased. But no! The scene where Sonny shoots him he's full of repressed anger but not screaming, so either he's getting lazy or it's the direction or I don't know.

He used to be SO good. Sigh. I think it's because his soul is dying by being on this show. I'm sure everyone's is tbh. No matter how much they all tweet about how much ass GH is kicking.

• Love 2

I would put up the "join daddy in hell boy, it's not so bad, you get to say everything in a ridiculously over the top manner and no one tells you to do a second take" clip, except they took it down for some unholy reason :(

• Love 3

Eh...all of those Corinthos men were out of control today...Dante included. It was almost as if all the actors were feeding off of each other in ridiculousness. I guess this is what MB was talking about with the outstanding stuff. Umm...yeah. 

Edited by venusnv80
  • Love 6

Have you ever been a patient in a hospital? It's truly the worst place to recover, what with alarms going off at all hours; the vitals being taken at 1 a.m., 3 a.m., and 5 a.m.; the interns making rounds at 6 a.m., and five well-meaning but useless hospital employees coming in during the day to make sure housekeeping is doing a good job.

People yelling is the least of the noise. 

I spent the night once down the hall from a woman who just cackled. All.Damn.Night. 

If wishing the worst on Sonny is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Besides, we know if, and that's a big if, he is in a wheelchair he will have a miraculous recovery, probably due to braveandstrongloveswithherwholeheart Carly and the magic of her glittery hoo-ha who causes his ability to walk again.

If this was another show I'd think they wouldn't go there with a wheelchair bound Sonny because we just went through it with Nina. But we're talking about TFGH.

He'd eventually get up and walk just in time to save someone, I'm sure. Then the town will throw him a parade. 

I know the show would never go there, but I would forgive any crap writing for at least a year if Michael stood over Sonny's hospital bed gloating "you finally got back what you gave to my father, you piece of shit" 

• Love 5

Oh! Now I remember the line that would make me have a rage black out if it weren't a "fool me once GH, shame on you, fool me 8267 times, shame on me" moment. When Jason is saying he feels no regret for killing those men and Sam is saying "Jason would have said men like that were asking for it/knew what they were doing/what they were in for." Yeah, so did Sonny! So enough with the tragic wringing of hands.

I don't expect characters who should know better to spit on him. They can be sad. But the outrage like a 12 year girl was shot. Please stop.

The worst part was Carly petting him and telling him he made his way back, slowly, but he made his way back.

I do not think the world slowly means what you think it means Carly.[/inigo Montoya]

It's a cult and Sonny is the leader/God. Michael has returned to drink the koolaid again.
  • Love 2

I would put up the "join daddy in hell boy, it's not so bad, you get to say everything in a ridiculously over the top manner and no one tells you to do a second take" clip, except they took it down for some unholy reason :(

I feel like Mo is probably allowed to have a second take. But it's exactly like the first and no one says anything.

• Love 5