Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Sabrina already is the nanny. Michael told her to look upon it as a way to make it up to Avery. (While he is, I'm pretty sure, putting a ton of cash in her pocket for said penance.)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I am I the only one who remembers that yes Michael WAS really drunk when he slept with Rosalie. I remember b/c they were both terrible at playing drunk. I know Kiki doesn't know this but it was in fact the truth.

I am I the only one who remembers that yes Michael WAS really drunk when he slept with Rosalie. 

Yes, yes you are. ;)

No but seriously I remember it too. He seemed sobered up though by the last romp.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Edited to add: I wonder, in fact, what Dante would say if he knew about Other Brother and Other Brother's useless whatever-she-is maybe planning to make Michael ,look like a drunk. I know he dissed AJ pretty good despite not even knowing the man, but OTOH he and Michael had a fairly decent relationship as far as I remember. Would he stand for it, or would he look the other way?

Michael and Dante generally had a very good relationship, and Dante told Michael that while Dante wasn't a huge AJ fan, Dante knew that Michael loved AJ and was sorry that he died. Dante also supported Michael getting to know AJ. Historically, Dante was even closer to Morgan. It would be seriously out of character for Dante to find out about this plan and not intervene. He would try to stop Morgan, and he would sure as hell warn Michael.

ETA:

I am I the only one who remembers that yes Michael WAS really drunk when he slept with Rosalie. I remember b/c they were both terrible at playing drunk. I know Kiki doesn't know this but it was in fact the truth.

Yes, he was drunk. But getting drunk and hooking up with a girl, onc, is not exactly indicative of an addiction or moral flaw, especially for a guy his age. At least, it's not worth losing custody over. He didn't even have custody at the time, so it's imoossible to paint it as bad parenting, even. We've seen Michal hammered twice (I think), which is many fewer times than many of us were that drunk i our earlier twenties, I'd bet. Edited by Turtle
  • Love 3

Michael and Dante generally had a very good relationship, and Dante told Michael that while Dante wasn't a huge AJ fan, Dante knew that Michael loved AJ and was sorry that he died. Dante also supported Michael getting to know AJ. Historically, Dante was even closer to Morgan. It would be seriously out of character for Dante to find out about this plan and not intervene. He would try to stop Morgan, and he would sure as hell warn Michael.

I agree with this b/c in the end they are both Dante's brothers and Morgan's plan is a terrible idea that could just as likely backfire on him as not. So intervening would be as much for Morgan's benefit as Michael. The only problem I see is Michael is being so smug I could see him blow off any warning like he could handling Morgan just to see it also bite him in the ass.

Edited by Cattitude

I too remember that Michael and Rosalie had a few drinks and were tipsy, but Michael wasn't falling down drunk or anything and didn't seem hungover at all when we saw him and Rosalie the next day.

And really, tying one on right after your find out that your adopted father murdered your biological father and that your mother helped cover it up...if there's ever a time to have a drink, that's it, you know?  All it took for Carly to get super wasted and slash off her hair was a guy she barely knew lying to her.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

ETA: Yes, he was drunk. But getting drunk and hooking up with a girl, onc, is not exactly indicative of an addiction or moral flaw, especially for a guy his age. At least, it's not worth losing custody over. He didn't even have custody at the time, so it's imoossible to paint it as bad parenting, even. We've seen Michal hammered twice (I think), which is many fewer times than many of us were that drunk i our earlier twenties, I'd bet.

oh I agree, but the fact is they are trying to do something underhanded and Michael has the ability to play right into their hands. I think as a devious plan it isn't bad but I'm not down for drugging Michael. If he act in a way they can exploit I just don't see it as worse that what many have done before them. Of course getting drunk on occasion isn't out of the ordinary, but the point is Michael IS capable of getting drunk that could be exploited all on his own without much assistance from the KikMo braintrust.

Edited by Cattitude

I think Morgan and Dante were closer at first; but I think Dante has been closer to Michael than Morgan for years now. (Which made me sad.) Morgan went off to boarding school and then Michael was lived with Dante and it pretty much went from there. He barely shares scenes with either but he's definitely had more than Michael whenever he does get a scene with one of them.

Plus Dante used to say it, and I think it's probably still reasonable to think he feels this way, that he can never really make it up to Michael for Michael going to prison; he's covered up small stuff Michael has done that could get him in trouble again (and not so small stuff - remember when he beat up Trey and Dante was just like, don't let Trey goad you into beating him again); it would make no sense for him to condone something that could put Michael in trouble with the law when Michael didn't even commit the crime.

• Love 2

Of course getting drunk on occasion isn't out of the ordinary, but the point is Michael IS capable of getting drunk that could be exploited all on his own without much assistance from the KikMo braintrust.

But to get child services to condemn him, they have to show more than Michael drinking.  They have to show he's drinking to extremes, when he's solely responsible for the baby, that it's causing him to be neglectful.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

But to get child services to condemn him, they have to show more than Michael drinking.  They have to show he's drinking to extremes, when he's solely responsible for the baby, that it's causing him to be neglectful.

I think that may be indeed what they do from the previews the I've seen

I think Morgan will start a fight with Michael after he's been drinking and get him arrested for PI or disorderly conduct

that would be one step and where they go from there who knows.

While it is terrible what I see is Sonny is known to be underhanded so Michael felt justified using underhanded means to win his case so conversely Morgan feels justified to use underhanded means to win back. It is so much a dog chasing it's tail. One bad choice leads to another and so on. The biggest rub is Morgan wanting to hurt his brother like this.

Edited by Cattitude

I don't quite understand where the idea Kiki and Morgan would drug Michael came from. It seemed more like their plan was to use what Michael is already doing to their advantage by drawing attention to how Michael is already being. I just didn't get anything THAT devious out of it 

I guess you didn't hear the part where Morgan was saying they needed to make it look like Michael is constantly partying - too wasted to be a competent caregiver to Avery. They are clearly talking about setting him up. I think that is why some other posters here are reacting in disgust to the Morgan & Kiki conversation at Kelly's.

• Love 5

I don't think it's for sure what they're talking about, it's Morgan and Kiki, who knows what dumb things their asses are thinking of. But I think it's likely a definite possibility.

• Love 4

Wait, does Morgan think the baby is actually his kid?   Otherwise ... why the hell is this 20-something year-old guy so anxious to insert himself in the middle of a family feud over a baby?   

Why would Kiki prefer Sonny to have the baby over Michael?  That's pure insanity.  Does she not know Sonny wanted to kill her mom?  This might make sense if Kiki is actually planning to screw over everyone and run off with her baby sister herself.  

• Love 9

"Oh Fathaw.  I'm a beathtt, a mootant, a monthtaw, a thidethow fweek"  And does Count Dicolas, for once in his follicle-challenged existence, do the RIGHT thing and tell this little horror that he is indeed all those things - BUT it can all change if ONLY he stops talking until he's 24 - oh no, he tells him he's JUST FINE.  And then the second-worst father in Port Charles brings Emma to see the twerp.  Way to go, Patrick, mess up your kid even more than you have already.

Meanwhile, over at the Arthur Murray Dance Studio, Our Hero, Moobs McCoppertone is caught making moves on a big bag of stuffed sawdust (no, Carly wasn't there), when twirling in on his tippy toes comes that ADORABLE EWOK called Spinelli.  Breaking off his lovemaking for a moment, Moobs and Spinelli sit together and lament over Spinelli's love life.  THIS SHIT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.  And we had to listen to it.

Yet it did give me a thought.....now just bear with me......it might seem extreme, but remember it IS just a show......How about Show has this terrible tragedy, a tragedy like no other - at least since (crypt sex and forced labor)....and go where Show hasn't gone before.

How about some crazed lunatic - say Richard Simmons, or Dr. O., or even Molly, finally driven MAD by having to live with that constant nasal draining - goes nuts, grabs Spenthaw and uses him to beat Spinelli to death?   Two - two - two dweebs in one!   Think of the sound effects!!  

Just a thought.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10

Wait, does Morgan think the baby is actually his kid?   Otherwise ... why the hell is this 20-something year-old guy so anxious to insert himself in the middle of a family feud over a baby?   

Why would Kiki prefer Sonny to have the baby over Michael?  That's pure insanity.  Does she not know Sonny wanted to kill her mom?  This might make sense if Kiki is actually planning to screw over everyone and run off with her baby sister herself.  

Because Morgan wants his Daddy to love him best. He wants to prove he's way more awesome than "Mikey."  As for Kiki : A) Because the writing is terrible; the reasoning was literally "Avery lost her mother, she shouldn't have to lose her father, too" - about 2 days after KA played it as a sister who didn't want to turn Avery over to Sonny, then did so reluctantly, went to see NotTodd!Franco who was all about "father and daughter"...and that was her last scene.  B) Yes, Michael told her. Ava probably did too.  

• Love 3

I don't think it's for sure what they're talking about, it's Morgan and Kiki, who knows what dumb things their asses are thinking of. But I think it's likely a definite possibility.

Add the t-shirt to the production queue!

"Oh Fathaw.  I'm a beathtt, a mootant, a monthtaw, a thidethow fweek"  And does Count Dicolas, for once in follicle-challenged existence, do the RIGHT thing and tell this little horror that he is indeed all those things - BUT it can all change if ONLY he stops talking until he's 24 - oh no, he tells him he's JUST FINE.  And then the second-worst father in Port Charles brings Emma to see the twerp.  Way to go, Patrick, mess up your kid even more than you have already.

See, this is the kind of thing that makes me irrationally dig my heels in on liking Spencer.  I wish I knew why this was happening!!!

• Love 5

Wait, I just remembered that Jordan was undercover to try and discover the truth about Luke. We all know that Luke's Fluke now, so why is she still undercover? Help!

Oh, TheGourmez, that's so cute, trying to make sense of any of this.  I admire the effort.  

• Love 5

Oh, TheGourmez, that's so cute, trying to make sense of any of this.  I admire the effort.  

Thanks for the reminder. ;) BTW, I share your irrationally growing loyalty to Spencer whenever he's slammed on the board. I swear it has *nothing* to do with my own precociousness as a child.

• Love 2

Wait, I just remembered that Jordan was undercover to try and discover the truth about Luke. We all know that Luke's Fluke now, so why is she still undercover? Help!

The goal has now become to end the Corinthos /Jerome crime families. Apparently, Jordan has made a lot of progress and is *this close* to finally busting them. So we've heard before. Where's Dante to show off his bullet hole when he's needed?

• Love 2

Ive watched General Hospital for more years than I like to admit, but where this soap is going, I have no idea. All I know is,it is of no interest to me, in fact Ive deleted a weeks worth of shows without even watching them. All this Luke crap and mob stuff is just not interesting to this old lady. Will be back if and when TPTB make a big change in their writing. In the meantime, I will watch through your posts here.

• Love 8

Morgan and Kiki are just inserting themselves because Kiki is pissed, and Morgan wants to please her.

I don't think MOrgan wants to please her, I think he wants to please Sonny.  Morgan's entire existence (since BC took over the role) has been all about Sonny.  He hates Michael because Mickey got all the attention growing up.  He went against Sonny briefly, but that didn't really get Sonny's attention, so then he became Sonny's biggest ass kisser.  "I love Ava but daddy wants to kill her, so ok, she's at the brownstone".  "Daddy wants me to take Avery to the island so Mickey can't have her, okay.".  Whatever daddy asks for, he'll give it no matter what because he's trying so very hard to get daddy's love and attention and approval.  As it turns out, Sonny isn't capable of giving it,  

• Love 6

Ive watched General Hospital for more years than I like to admit, but where this soap is going, I have no idea. All I know is,it is of no interest to me, in fact Ive deleted a weeks worth of shows without even watching them. All this Luke crap and mob stuff is just not interesting to this old lady. Will be back if and when TPTB make a big change in their writing. In the meantime, I will watch through your posts here.

THe mob crap isn't interesting to me at all either maybe it would be differnt if there was other stories going on but there not.I hated the mob uner guza and I sure havent had a change of heart about loving the mob.

• Love 3

Kiki wasn't happy that Michael had custody (because Michael told her he wouldn't let her or Morgan see the baby) but she wasn't doing anything about it until Michael hired Sabrina as a nanny. Kiki doesn't like her because Sabrina drugged Ava to make her go into premature labor with the intention of making her lose the baby, since she mistakenly thought that Ava was the one who caused her to miscarry.

Morgan said they should wait for the appeal Sonny was making, but Kiki prodded him and said they had to do something do Morgan suggested maybe they should make Michael look like an alcoholic. How they'd do this, they didn't say, that was where they left it last we saw them.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I don't think MOrgan wants to please her, I think he wants to please Sonny.  Morgan's entire existence (since BC took over the role) has been all about Sonny.  He hates Michael because Mickey got all the attention growing up.  He went against Sonny briefly, but that didn't really get Sonny's attention, so then he became Sonny's biggest ass kisser.  "I love Ava but daddy wants to kill her, so ok, she's at the brownstone".  "Daddy wants me to take Avery to the island so Mickey can't have her, okay.".  Whatever daddy asks for, he'll give it no matter what because he's trying so very hard to get daddy's love and attention and approval.  As it turns out, Sonny isn't capable of giving it,  

Morgan and sonny isn't a very complex parent/child realtionship at all.

• Love 2

I don't think MOrgan wants to please her, I think he wants to please Sonny.  

Sure, he wants to suck up to Sonny in general, but he's coming up with schemes at the direct request of Kiki. Not that the thought of messing with Michael is killing him or anything, but, I think he was too weak-willed to say "no" to her, at least not when she was there begging to his face.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
Sure, he wants to suck up to Sonny in general, but he's coming up with schemes at the direct request of Kiki. Not that the thought of messing with Michael is killing him or anything, but, I think he was too weak-willed to say "no" to her, at least not when she was there begging to his face.

It's still all to get Sonny's approval. He explicitly said he wanted to see what happened with the appeal before he took further action. I think Lauren's begging gave Morgan the impetus he needed to take things into his own hands. He'll save the day! Who needs the courts? Then Daddy will love him best!

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

It's still all to get Sonny's approval. He explicitly said he wanted to see what happened with the appeal before he took further action. I think Lauren's begging gave Morgan the impetus he needed to take things into his own hands. He'll save the day! Who needs the courts? Then Daddy will love him best!

Which is why I really want Kiki to full-on manipulate Morgan in service of getting custody for herself.

• Love 9

So we are back to the damn Sonny Show again.  F*ck! I am out of here.  GH has gone downhill and is accelerating at an unbelievable rate right toward the drain. All it needs now to finish it off is Richard Simmons cavorting across the stage at the uber ridiculous Nurses Ball. 

• Love 5

Cam cracked me up today. He had just the right amount of exasperation toward Liz ("I need a lawyer because I can't represent myself. I'm a kid!") and fear for his situation.

Cam was hilarious yesterday. That was the best acting from any of the kids so far IMO. He just seems more like an actual kid than the rest of them. Plus, he makes me not hate Liz when he's in her presence so that's nice.

Which is why I really want Kiki to full-on manipulate Morgan in service of getting custody for herself.

I would love this. Kiki would finally be interesting and it's a better story than we are getting now. 

But I also wouldn't mind if this plan backfires on them and Avery ends up going to foster care.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

I would love this. Kiki would finally be interesting and it's a better story than we got now. 

But I also wouldn't mind if this plan ends up backfiring on them and Avery ends up going to foster care.

I would love it if Morgan and Kiki thought their plan worked and then Kiki was all, "HAHA Morgan, I tricked you, I want custody for myself!" 

And THEN, you reveal the baby is Morgan's.  Michael and Morgan unite in their hatred of Kiki, Morgan bans her from seeing Avery, and Kiki slinks out of town forever.  Win-win-win.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

That is exactly the same way I feel.  I deleted 69 shows without watching. Albeit by accident but I just said *oh well*. now I won't even be tempted to watch. I don't like most of the characters. the kids are even written *WTH ? GMAB.

• Love 4

Me, too, if only because that will make her somewhat interesting.

I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that I would rather hate a character than be bored by a character becsuse at least i'm feeling something. For example, Jake and all the conversations about him bore me to tears and I start yawning while laughing; Spinelli engages me to the point that I'm foaming at the mouth, standing up and ranting and raving. At least the latter keeps me entertained, even if in a very sick way.

So if Kiki becomes an evil mah-nipple-later, I'll still hate her but at least I'll be entertained.

• Love 4

Kiki wasn't happy that Michael had custody (because Michael told her he wouldn't let her or Morgan see the baby) but she wasn't doing anything about it until Michael hired Sabrina as a nanny. Kiki doesn't like her because Sabrina drugged Ava to make her go into premature labor with the intention of making her lose the baby, since she mistakenly thought that Ava was the one who caused her to miscarry.

Morgan said they should wait for the appeal Sonny was making, but Kiki prodded him and said they had to do something do Morgan suggested maybe they should make Michael look like an alcoholic. How they'd do this, they didn't say, that was where they left it last we saw them.

Kiki thinks Michael is so bad, and bad Sabrina tried to make Ava the killer abort the other killers child ??? This show is a joke, a not funny joke. Kiki and Morgan plotting  ? they make my skin crawl .If I had bothered to watch this ,which I didn't. I am all soaped out. Don't watch any  of them. I did love the Scorpios but Where is Anna ?

I would love it if Morgan and Kiki thought their plan worked and then Kiki was all, "HAHA Morgan, I tricked you, I want custody for myself!"

And THEN, you reveal the baby is Morgan's.  Michael and Morgan unite in their hatred of Kiki, Morgan bans her from seeing Avery, and Kiki slinks out of town forever.  Win-win-win.

This is a newsletter to which I can subscribe.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

That is exactly the same way I feel.  I deleted 69 shows without watching. Albeit by accident but I just said *oh well*. now I won't even be tempted to watch. I don't like most of the characters. the kids are even written *WTH ? GMAB.

Wait, how do you get 69 shows in your DVR queue?! I only get about 29! 

I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that I would rather hate a character than be bored by a character becsuse at least i'm feeling something. For example, Jake and all the conversations about him bore me to tears and I start yawning while laughing; Spinelli engages me to the point that I'm foaming at the mouth, standing up and ranting and raving. At least the latter keeps me entertained, even if in a very sick way.

So if Kiki becomes an evil mah-nipple-later, I'll still hate her but at least I'll be entertained.

I checked out the last time out of boredom. And not that the show isn't boring right now, because it is, but there's enough hate for me to keep watching. 

• Love 2

I want Sabrina to channel her inner Cookie and Whoop That Trick Kiki. What I wouldn't give to see her slam Kiki's ass on a pool table and choke the living shit out of her.

If ever a time Hustle and Flow needed to be channeled, it was now. Don't clutch the pearls, Sabrina. Tear them.

• Love 3

The kid who plays Spencer is terrible.  I feel bad saying it, but it's true.

Nathan may be a block of wood, but at least he's not a toad. 

And why is Sonny involved in the stupid Spinelli/Nathan/Maxie triangle?  Seriously, why?  He's in every other story.  It's been over twenty years with this guy, and I will never understand why through every change of writers and producers it always comes back to Sonny.  It's seriously time for me to give up this show. 

• Love 6

I want Sabrina to channel her inner Cookie and Whoop That Trick Kiki. What I wouldn't give to see her slam Kiki's ass on a pool table and choke the living shit out of her.

Or beat her with a broom.  Whichever's easier.

• Love 6

Maxie is completely disgusting - Frisco is her "real dad" and she always missed him?!! She loves both Spinelli and Nathan?!! Ugh at "I'm channeling my mother." The re-hash of Mac/Felicia/Frisco is so unimaginative - in other words Ron in perfect form.  Lulu reacting to and sort of throwing shade at Maxie was prettttyyyy funny though.

Best part though, was Nathan saying "No" to Sonny's face. So great considering Spinelli was smirking and smug that big bad Sonny was standing up for him to Nathan. I see that for the sake of this plot point, the writers have decided to forget that Sonny always thought Spinelli was an annoying waste of space. He tolerated Spinelli because of his computer skills and because Jason always protected him. But at least Spinelli looks like a fool for the boxing challenge. The one moment I liked Sonny today was the 'you're such an idiot' look, and then the crossword puzzle line. Today really makes me think BA would excel at playing an insane person on a big stage. 

Sabrina really should have turned around and walked out of Kelly's with baby AJ when she saw Kiki, spared herself the trouble. It's a sad day when Morgan looks more reasonable and mature than Kiki. She really comes across as a mini Ava or Carly. 

Loved the Anna and Olivia conversation. Anna supporting Michael and being so anti-Sonny and Duke is a beautiful thing. I was quite surprised Anna would bring up her past and Robin. 

I really thought someone was going to interrupt Liz and 'Jake' before they kissed. 

• Love 3