Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Bruh. I have two cats. One has a weird thing for ME. When he's on, he just stares at the tv. The other one, a plucky fluff ball we call Casper, has always liked Michael. Seriously. He sits there and watches, ears perked up when CD is on. They also really like JE. Neither one seem to like Carly. Casper bats the screen if she yells too much. No reaction to Duke. They have a thing with voices.

• Love 7

A friend that used to post on TWoP (she was nollf) came up with a new nickname for Morgan since he sucks now and no longer deserves the MWOP moniker: Lessgan. It's genius and I will now only refer to him with that. Unless or until he stops kissing Sonny's ass. Michael is the new MWOP, unless or until he starts kissing Sonny's ass again, in which case I'll go back to SLS for him.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9

Okay seriously no snark, no shade, no judgment:

Does anyone think Tony Geary's acting in this Fluke story is genuinely and legitimately good?

And if none of you think so, is it receiving praise on other boards?

They absolutely LOVE TG on the Facebook page.  There is a small group who really hate the writing, but no one says anything uncomplimentary about TG.  Except me, last night, when I posted one final ranty rant bitchfest, going off on the writers, TG, and Sonny fans who support gangster "culture" and think violence is the way to go when resolving conflicts.  I just had to get it off my chest.

Edited by HipOldBat
  • Love 3

Okay, I haven't been paying attention.  Has anyone mentioned the remarkable similarities between "Ivy" and Natalia Livingston (ex-Emily)?  Their looks, their inability to act -- the list goes on. 

I kind of wished Sam's massive headboard would come down and crush Samtrick.  Then I wouldn't have to hear any more about the Phoenix and the Dragon.

• Love 6

Okay, I haven't been paying attention.  Has anyone mentioned the remarkable similarities between "Ivy" and Natalia Livingston (ex-Emily)?  Their looks, their inability to act -- the list goes on. 

Hee. And yes, yes it has. Although I hear that actress was better elsewhere. An actor who did better outside of GH's relentless one-take pacing, madness.

• Love 1

So I got around to watching the Sonny/Michael/Carly/Governor/Ivy scenes from yesterday and I am floored. I was astounded at first that I was actually hearing what I was hearing; that Sonny is a hero and a legitimate business man, and that despite his BREAKING OUT OF PRISON for having murdered a man and being a mobster, he is a GOOD thing for the citizens of PC. 

Then I listened to Michael, who is for all intents and purposes, the voice of the audience. Then I finally got it. It's not that the writers are un-self aware. Indeed, they know what the governor said was for absolute shit. They know that they are full of shit and that Michael is right. But Michael is US. Michael is the audience. Michael said the same things the fans have being saying on message boards and twitter all along and Craptini don't like that. The narrative of having Michael look like a fool is Ron having a take that moment on the audience while the governor stands in as his mouth piece.

These scenes were truly disgusting. I couldn't even make it to watch the Fluke scenes.

• Love 11

So I got around to watching the Sonny/Michael/Carly/Governor/Ivy scenes from yesterday and I am floored. I was astounded at first that I was actually hearing what I was hearing; that Sonny is a hero and a legitimate business man, and that despite his BREAKING OUT OF PRISON for having murdered a man and being a mobster, he is a GOOD thing for the citizens of PC. 

Then I listened to Michael, who is for all intents and purposes, the voice of the audience. Then I finally got it. It's not that the writers are un-self aware. Indeed, they know what the governor said was for absolute shit. They know that they are full of shit and that Michael is right. But Michael is US. Michael is the audience. Michael said the same things the fans have being saying on message boards and twitter all along and Craptini don't like that. The narrative of having Michael look like a fool is Ron having a take that moment on the audience while the governor stands in as his mouth piece.

These scenes were truly disgusting. I couldn't even make it to watch the Fluke scenes.

Ron seems to do that a lot, doesn't he?  Is he trying to kill the show or something??  Otherwise, why piss off the fans...oh, excuse me, I meant "the intelligent fans".  I think I just answered my own question, never mind.

• Love 3

I love that your cat has an opinion on GH!  Let me guess -- Duke is its favorite character?

There are people retiring in their 40s and 50s?  Shit, did I pick the wrong career!

Hee! Well actually he used to love Duke until Duke started lying to Anna and working with Sonny, usually, he changes the channel when I'm not looking. He's a Siamese so he's smarter than me, he prefers to watch Gotham, The Walking Dead, and the Kitten Bowl :D

• Love 1

I kind of wished Sam's massive headboard would come down and crush Samtrick.  Then I wouldn't have to hear any more about the Phoenix and the Dragon.

I said that the other day, when she was at his house yelling at him.  From certain angles, it's uncanny. 

And ditto on the headboard.  That ginormous thing has to serve some purpose. 

Over night (and over a box of wine), I managed to convince myself that all this stupid ridiculousness with Sonny, and Michael finally turning on him, and nonsense with Luke is actually a brilliant move by the show runners to set up the long game, wherein the mob scene is phased out of the show completely (except, of course, for Julian's Briefs), and instead we will get actual hospital-related stories and lots more Qs. Like they're planning to have Michael slowly transform in to a mature lead while Sonny and Luke and good god Helena are phased out.

Somewhere in my subconscious I am aware that this is pure insanity, but I'm choosing to push those thoughts down. It's all I have left to hang on to.

• Love 4

The pardon scene is both the worst and the best thing ever. I just really need you to stay strong, Mikey, no more of this wavering nonsense, no matter what your cannoli-brained brothers try to convince you. PS: Go find Rosalie and work out your anger over a desk, please. And maybe against a few walls; you gotta test them from structural soundness before the city inspectors have a go.

• Love 2

I think the 40-50 age group is so heavy because a) the show wants to lean on established characters instead of putting the time and effort into organically building the next generations and b) a lot of the younger actors take their leave a lot earlier.

The show also wasted, wrote off and/or killed off many of its younger characters pre-Ron: Lucky, Emily, Georgie, Dillion, Sage, Brook Lynn, Ethan, Maya(?) Ward, Diego and few others over the years, not that all of the characters were great or all of the actors wonderful, but they were there. I don't defend Ron often but he did inherit a show with only Corthinios spawn and their significant others to play with 

• Love 1

For fuck's sakes, now even Julian is in Sonny's corner, calling Michael an SOB, shouting at him for not appreciating Sonny, comparing Michael's reaction to Lucas' even though the situations could not be any more different.  Take a seat, Jerome.

The oh-so-lame James Franco "jokes" made me cringe so hard.

• Love 12

And the letter of the day is "P" for "Pointless".

Pointless scenes. Pointless dialog. Pointless characters. And to think I wasted an hour on this crap.

I don't like or care about Michael so I really don't give a damn about his rage crusade of one. I'd much rather just have A.J. alive and well.

I want Michael gone as much as I want Sonny gone. And Carly and Morgan can gladly join them. That whole family can rot in hell ten times over. They're responsible for so many of my favourite characters being killed off and ruined solely so they could be propped up and have the entire town kiss their collective asses.

They're all a rotten bunch, not one is better than any of the others as far as I'm concerned.

Maurice really is the baby whisperer. Baby Avery looked so at home in his arms and the way he got her to smile and giggle was just too sweet. If only Sonny would be regulated to holding and charming babies only once a week or so I might be able to stomach him.

Wow Kiki how so very complimentary of you to say the baby has Ava's nose...she's too worthless for words. 

The Nina and the SERIAL KILLER turn my stomach. How the hell could Ron think for a second he's ever painted them out to be "rootable" characters in the slightest.

Good god this show is just so very...pointless.

• Love 1

For fuck's sakes, now even Julian is in Sonny's corner, calling Michael an SOB, shouting at him for not appreciating Sonny, comparing Michael's reaction to Lucas' even though the situations could not be any more different.  Take a seat, Jerome.

The oh-so-lame James Franco "jokes" made me cringe so hard.

So now Ron is using characters to admonish the audience.  How immature and condescending.

• Love 4

Enough with the Sonny propping, Julian. Enough with the James Franco crap, Franco. Even if Sonny is the baby whisperer, I do not want him anywhere near Avery. I want Kiki, Michael and Julian to team up and fight for Avery.

• Love 8

For a few minutes, when Franco was lying in bed, catatonic, I had a brief glimmer of hope that he'd stay that way for 6 months or so, but alas, it was not to be.

I think it's a sad day in the asylum when a patient has to be the voice of reason and ask how another patient could procure LSD. 

I figured that the real James Franco has made it clear to Ron that he has no interest in ever coming back to GH, so now Ron will take jabs at him, too. 

How does anyone get to be KA's age and not learn (somewhere …  book, magazine, friend, family …) how to hold a baby? No wonder giantbaby was smiling in MB's arms. It was probably the first time it had felt secure all day.

Edited by rur
  • Love 3

Julian kissing Sonny's ass is further proof that it's Sonny's world, everyone else just lives there.

lol at Johnny saying, "And Ava killed my ex-wife. Sure, she hated me and I couldn't stand the sight of her by the end, but still." I feel ya Johnny. And "see you in another life" to Maxie is meta I can get behind.

Why is Michael confiding stuff to #1 Sonny cheerleader Olivia?

sigh. Everytime I think Franco can't get any dumber there's a new low.

Sonny looked like he wanted to eat the baby. Good for Kiki for not wanting him to hold her. And vomit at Carly's simpering smile when Sonny said he would be back for Avery tomorrow.

I don't like Nathan calling Maxie "Max". Much like "Mikey", feels like a lazy shorthand way to say they've grown close.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

At the custody hearing for Avery I really want Michael to say something like this. Sonny is not a good father. I got shot and was in a coma for over a year because of him. I got raped in prison because of him. My sister, "girl child" was injured in a car bombing because of him. My brother, Morgan, probably has brain damage because Sonny shot his mother while giving birth. He puts his children in constant danger.

• Love 16

Sonny looked like he wanted to eat the baby. Good for Kiki for not wanting him to hold her. And vomit at Carly's simpering smile when Sonny said he would be back for Avery tomorrow.

He just gets to slip right back into his life.  How wonderful. 

Added bonuses two people he hated are out of his way (AJ and Ava). 

This fucking show.  It honestly makes me sick which I know is pathetic but it does.

• Love 6

The thought of Sonny raising baby Avery is so rage producing, I may have to get into my box of wine a bit early.

This fucking show.  It honestly makes me sick which I know is pathetic but it does.

Not to mention Julian is now singing his praises.

• Love 4

Seriously.  Ava's "dead", but Sonny got to keep the moral high ground.  It's a win-win for him.  Groddy.

The thought of Sonny raising baby Avery is so rage producing.

And let's not forget that he'd be raising said baby with Carly (hey Carls, how's Joss doin'?).  Double groddy.

• Love 8

Oh my god, it was bad enough when Carly and Olivia were pushing Michael to forgive Sonny. But please, do not get my very handsome special friend Julian involved. I guess I can see Julian wanting sons to forgive gangster dads, but I just cannot take this. Michael better not give even One Damned Inch on this, and he better actually take Sonny down. Although I still don't understand why he doesn't just tell the police everything he's seen and heard over the years.

That baby is absolutely adorable, but even she can't make me tolerate Sonny.

I almost liked Kiki today for a little bit?

I love Johnny so much and I wish we could keep him.

No comment on the Franco bullshit. So dumb. From what y'all have said about the GH FB page, I wonder if the people over there think that kind of crap is funny. They can't, right? Lord knows I'm never going to look.

• Love 5

For a few minutes, when Franco was lying in bed, catatonic, I had a brief glimmer of hope that he'd stay that way for 6 months or so, but alas, it was not to be.

I think it's a sad day in the asylum when a patient has to be the voice of reason and ask how another patient could procure LSD. 

I figured that the real James Franco has made it clear to Ron that he has no interest in ever coming back to GH, so now Ron will take jabs at him, too. 

How does anyone get to be KA's age and not learn (somewhere …  book, magazine, friend, family …) how to hold a baby? No wonder giantbaby was smiling in MB's arms. It was probably the first time it had felt secure all day.

I hated it when RH joined the show as Franco.  I was hoping he would be a completely different character, so I could see if he really knows how to act (my only exposure to him at that time was evil Todd Manning, before he left OLTL the first time over the whole "Marty-as-love-interest" disgusting plot they wanted him to do).  Now that I have seen him as Franco, and briefly on "The Flash", I'm still not sure if he has any talent or not.  Hope springs eternal, for some stupid reason.

Re: drugs in psych hospitals...I have worked in many a psych hospital, and the ones with rehab wards were rife with illegal drugs, due to people bribing the techs.  So, not to defend the writers or anything (yuck), it does happen, and on a regular basis, too.

Sonny should never be around any babies.  Ever.  And they should wait until the baby actress is cranky before handing her off to him, so she can scream her head off in rage.  I know it won't happen but I still wish they would.

• Love 3

Oh my god, it was bad enough when Carly and Olivia were pushing Michael to forgive Sonny. But please, do not get my very handsome special friend Julian involved. I guess I can see Julian wanting sons to forgive gangster dads, but I just cannot take this. Michael better not give even One Damned Inch on this, and he better actually take Sonny down. Although I still don't understand why he doesn't just tell the police everything he's seen and heard over the years.

That baby is absolutely adorable, but even she can't make me tolerate Sonny.

I almost liked Kiki today for a little bit?

I love Johnny so much and I wish we could keep him.

No comment on the Franco bullshit. So dumb. From what y'all have said about the GH FB page, I wonder if the people over there think that kind of crap is funny. They can't, right? Lord knows I'm never going to look.

I think it's ridiculous that, after one alliance in order to get out of prison, Julian is now Sonny's new fan.  The guy tormented Ava for months that he was going to kill her once the baby was born, and even held her captive for awhile...what kind of dick would like anyone who did that to his sister?  What's in it for Julian, anyway?  He ought to know he can't trust Sonny (no more of that "gangster's honor" crap, puhlease).

Yes, the FB people think the whole LSD thing is funny.  They also routinely fantasize about all the violent things people should do to Michael, because he is "weak", "whiney", "ungrateful", and "disrespectful".  Because, you know, they are a compassionate and thoughtful bunch.  Gah!

No he should not, but MB should no matter what Maurice always shines when he has to play off kids/babies

Perhaps this is true.  Unfortunately (or not), I read his interview with Michael Fairman, and I don't even like the actor now.  So I hate everything he does, in and out of character.  Yes, I am that petty and that much of a shrew.

• Love 7

If only Anne Hathaway and James Franco could go all Prospect Park and sue Cartini... Well James Franco kind of did this to himself but THAT'S how much today bugged me.

Oh Julian, you had a good run.

Oh Michael keep your grip around the MWOP title, it looks so much better on you than your mother's other son.

If I were Kiki I would have told Sonny he could have the Girl Baby if he could name his other GirlChild in under 20Seconds, no hints from Morgan or Carly. Just because.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 7

So Sonny should be dead several times over correct? He just told Avery that he would die before anything happens to her? Ha ha!

Since each of his kids have been injured as a result of his actions (Morgan has to be brain-damaged from the loss of O2 during birth), Avery will need to be SORASed quickly because even GH won't shoot or blow up a baby huh? It's a rite of passage for the Corinthos children. Now I feel dirty.

I hate that Julian got all agitated about Michael's attitude. Julian is typically more pragmatic than that. It was really out of character.

I am still pleased with MWOP. He is angry and it seems like he might work his way to going after Sonny's businesses. That could actually be interesting if the writing would allow some actual long-term consequences for Sonny. It seems that Michael is a favored character of the writers so perhaps they will allow him to exact some revenge -- and not in the "poor" Sonny way. 

• Love 5

I want Michael gone as much as I want Sonny gone. And Carly and Morgan can gladly join them. That whole family can rot in hell ten times over. They're responsible for so many of my favourite characters being killed off and ruined solely so they could be propped up and have the entire town kiss their collective asses.

I don't really see this at all. I may dislike Sonny, but that doesn't mean his whole family is worthless. People may unnecessarily kiss Sonny's ass at times, but that doesn't automatically extend to his entire family.  Characters being killed and ruined to prop someone - oh that definitely applies to Sonny and Carly, and probably to Michael to a lesser extent, but Morgan? Granted I don't personally like Morgan right now because he's up Sonny's butt, but who exactly has been killed and ruined to prop him? Most of the time the writers have his own parents treating him like an afterthought. No one is being written out of character for his benefit. I would say the same thing for Dante and Kristina. I guess you could make an argument that kid who was Connie's child was killed to prop Kristina, but since I think Lindsey Morgan was on her way out by the time that happened, I don't think it really counts.

I don't like Nathan calling Maxie "Max".

I HATE that nickname. Like you said, I think it was supposed to be a cute nickname to show how close they are now, but it just doesn't feel natural.

Ugh, shut up Julian! Thank God, Michael was actually allowed to respond and not sit there and take his unasked for opinion. Though I have a feeling if it was a character deemed a little more important than Julian, Michael would have been made to just look like a fool with no rational comment back at them.

Seriously, must they write in LLC's pregnancy. I see no reason, unless they want to pair Julian and Olivia up, which it doesn't seem like they do, to write it in at all.

• Love 4

So many rage inducing things happened today. Julian not only defending Sonny but calling Michael a "son of a bitch" nearly caused lasers to shoot out of my eyes. Why does every single character on this show have to eventually kiss Sonny's ass?

I couldn't understand what Carly way saying to Sonny in the preview. Regardless, if she didnt switch that paternity test then AJ wasnt a fat bastard who deserved to be shot. And in the wacko reality of Port Charles , we all know he was.

• Love 4
Although I still don't understand why he doesn't just tell the police everything he's seen and heard over the years.

It's the PCPD. They won't find enough or the right evidence, and Scott will somehow be unable to prosecute Sonny. So there's no point.

Avery will need to be SORASed quickly because even GH won't shoot or blow up a baby huh?

Avery will get her baby illness, and we'll find out Morgan is really her father. Then she'll die, because the last thing Morgan needs is to take care of a baby.

• Love 3

I don't like Nathan calling Maxie "Max".

I HATE that nickname. Like you said, I think it was supposed to be a cute nickname to show how close they are now, but it just doesn't feel natural.

That started with Levi.  It was annoying as hell when he did it, and it's unfortunate that they're having Nathan continue it.

• Love 1

So many rage inducing things happened today. Julian not only defending Sonny but calling Michael a "son of a bitch" nearly caused lasers to shoot out of my eyes. .

Ungrateful bastard made me angrier. At least with Son Of A Bitch I can remind myself of the technical accuracy of it in regards to Carly *wink*

• Love 7

Ungrateful bastard made me angrier. At least with Son Of A Bitch I can remind myself of the technical accuracy of it in regards to Carly *wink*

That made me think of my Julian Jerome Place of Zen:

Julian: I don't want Carly.  I never wanted Carly.

Aaah, that's the stuff...

• Love 9

As soon as RoHo started blathering about the 'big stage with the golden statues' I knew where this was going and my eyes rolled so far back I think they got stuck. And I haven't checked Twitter but I'm sure Ron thinks he's so funny!

Michael staying MWOP is a thing of beauty. I love how he said that he was going to make Sonny pay. And speaking of Sonny, he really does have a pair, doesn't he? Waltzing into the apartment and then 5 minutes later declaring he'll be back tomorrow to pick up the baby? All the while Carly was just lapping it all up.

• Love 3

Olivia: "I need to make an appointment. I feel like I may be coming down with the flu."

FUCK EVERYTHING.

My only hope is that this will result in a miscarriage (I really hate typing that, even for a fictional baby) and Olivia will go off screen to grieve when LLC goes on her maternity leave, much like TeCa did.

Edited by BinkyMimo88
  • Love 4

Okay I've tried to stay away from the Sonny pardon, b/c I know my view is a minority one but here goes.

While I thought the governor's pardon was a little overdone in a soapy way, the underlying reason wasn't really THAT unbelievable. Yes, we know Sonny is a mobster, but the general populous of the state don't know that as he hasn't ever been tried or convicted of that. He does own a large well know coffee business that as far as I can tell is meant to be like Starbucks. The city is toting how he saved half the town and we all know in PC AJ was just a one screw-up of a man. So while he was killed the act of saving dozens of people far out weigh the death of one. I think it is semi believable the general population of a state would read more into a "hero" saving dozens of people over him killing one man most people didn't know. Sadly I don't find Sonny being pardoned that unrealistic.

Second I don't think Ron means for this to be Sonny getting off scott free. It seems clear that both Sonny and Michael understand this pardon is not a blessing. Sonny has been shown to care the most about how this has affected his relationship with Michael and he saw what his pardon did to that. Obviously Sonny can't stay in jail but by having him freed in a way that angered Michael more I think the whole point of the pardon was to move the story a long to a different focus, but it certainly hasn't let Sonny off the hook for killing AJ in Michael's eyes which are the only ones that matter to this story.

AJ until Alexis and Sonny helped take his son, was an alcoholic .Anything he did after that was to get his son away from the mob. Just because carley couldn't control him, and Olivia the liar who lies on the stand no less said so, She didn't even know him and was screwing Sonny . Alexis the queen of coerced papers filed then, turns around and tries to keep her daughter from the same man she turned Michael over to . Sonny is the mob boss. he admitted he shott AJ in cold blood .Now he gets a pass because he took the bomb from Michael and tried to be a hero. This show makes my blood boil, so bad I did try to watch today ,stranded in more snow. couldn't do it. I just went into the kitchen and made brownies instead..I have two words for FrankenRon about this show and its NOT hi neighbor !
  • Love 4

Seriously, must they write in LLC's pregnancy. I see no reason, unless they want to pair Julian and Olivia up, which it doesn't seem like they do, to write it in at all.

I am fine ignoring LLC's pregnancy. While she has had her face fill out, just  put her in coats, behind the bar at the metro court and large purses for the next few months and then have her take care of a sick family member Brooklyn  for the maternity leave.

While there is a little truth in Olivia's "grief" over Connie there are several important difference

1. AJ probably spent more time in prison waiting trial than Sonny did for the actual murder
  2. AJ was drunk as a skunk after he was acquitted of Connie's murder. Unlike Sonny, he felt guilty about what happened to someone he thought he might of killed
  3. He was acquitted of the crime, because the court couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt he killed Connie (not even a technicality). He wasn't convicted, but then had sentence thrown out for some douche governor's overly personal reasons. 
  4. Olivia wasn't asked to forgive AJ or have any type of relationship with him, nor that anyone tell her to just get over it.

Come to think about, if anything Olivia should be more team Michael than team Sonny with her little speech to Michael. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 8

Oops, I guess Julian called him an "ungrateful bastard" and not a "son of a bitch". Not that it matters; Ron has ruined Jew-lee-ehn by turning him into a Sonny ass-kisser. I'm sure eh-VAH will be singing Sonny's praises too eventually.

• Love 1

I hate that Julian got all agitated about Michael's attitude. Julian is typically more pragmatic than that. It was really out of character.

Sonny ruins everything.  EVERYTHING.

• Love 15

Franco's acid trip was so very stupid.

It was, indeed.  And the only complaint anyone on FB wrote about it was, "It could have caused me to have seizures!!"  Yeah, other than that extremely remote possibility (because you were apparently too stupid to change the channel if you really believed that), the scene was realistic, with Emmy-quality acting!

Ok now I am just making myself sick.

• Love 1

Is Franco's acid trip a metaphor for this show? When Dr Shadybrook said "some people just fry their brains out," was that not a giant hint for the audience?

That sucked. I like Nina and Franco and I am here to tell you those scenes sucked. 

Baby Avery plus Sonny = adorableness. Unfortunately, then Sonny started talking. How about an episode of various characters just holding Avery? Cut the Fluke s/l and just insert a baby cam focused on Avery.

• Love 1