Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

So what's the deal with fLuke?  Dr O says the skeleton is at least 20 years old.  Didn't she also say that DNA was Luke's?  Guess they have it on file?  Then someone says the finger prints on the fLuke prisoner matches Luke.  Helena has access to the database (she removed Jason's right as they were running Jake's).  fLuke is pretty adamant still that he's not Bill Eckert, Faison, or Larry Ashton.   Is that it?

At twenty years it can easily be Eckert - in fact, mentioning exactly that number is an easy way to either signpost Eckert (who died over 20 years ago) or fake us out. It can also be Tim Spencer or Pat or anyone else who's been long-dead and is in the family. I still think they may reveal that Bill, alive or dead, was Luke's twin brother, hence the DNA. They did the exact same twist with similar siblings on [Previous Soap Opera].

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

I don't think that is going to be the scenario. They may try to make us think that for a bit, but I'm sure the real Luke is still around, whether he's gone crazy or is still locked up somewhere. (I meant this in reply to bagert's post.)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Just to be clear all Dr. O knows so far is that the remains were over 20 yrs old. The DNA of the remains hasn't been run yet. All Tracy and Lulu were told is the bones were really old and the guy in jail's fingerprints matched Luke Spencer in IAFIS.

• Love 1

And re: the TG vanity project, someone mentioned awhile up that you can see how awesome he thinks he's being. I have been FFing all things TG until this week when I watched some scenes and it's true, you can actually SEE him thinking "look at this great acting I'm doing", which would be off-putting even if I wasn't already hoping for him to retire like YESTERDAY, and go enjoy Amsterdam year-round permanently.

I shudder to think how TG would "go enjoy Amsterdam year-round permanently"...don't take me there; it might involve brain-bleach. In the meantime, he wearies us with his scenery-chewing histrionics and narcissist need to control all at GH. No wonder Genie Francis (Laura) and Jonathan Jackson (Lucky) are MIA and have fled to the hills. Kudos to Jane Elliot for holding her own around him.

TG's opinion of his own acting is like the pride that faded ancient beauties and beaux have in their crumbling looks.

The emperor has no clothes, Mister.

• Love 6

I

And here's where I may be able to help you do the Franco rant in stereo. I get that RoHo is fab at doing twisted, tortured, snarky characters. But that's no reason to make him Franco. I get that RoHo and LW have wicked chemistry. But that's sure as hell no reason to pair Franco and Carly. I can accept Franco as a character precisely because I wasn't watching during the 2013 shitfest. I've seen clips and I'm really not sure that a woman thinking she was raped plays as snarky comedy. Don't get me wrong, it's not like Sam, who's done the Sonny/Jason pass-around thing, is a saint. When the love of your life is a hitman you kinda lose the chance to play the moral outrage card.

I think that anyone who is sexually assaulted has the right to be as angry/outraged/whatever as they want for as long as they want toward the person who assaulted them.

• Love 8

'I can't condone what you do for a living or what you did that landed you in prison, but I'm extremely grateful for your quick action that saved my daugher and other citizens of PC. Because of this, I'm recommending a full pardon."

But noooooo, Ron can't have any of that, so it's just totes okay and hey, here's your get out of jail free card!

In real life, I think the governor can grant a stay of execution if a prison inmate is on death row, but as far as I'm aware, they cannot arbitrarily grant a pardon to a known murderer just because he "saved their daughter's life." If they did, there would be a media shitstorm the likes of which no one has ever seen, the governor would be impeached, then run out of town on a rail.

And if it were any body but Ron, this would make a great story. what if Michael led the charge to impeach the governor? What if he then manipulated the next elections and, I don't know Ned became governor, and Ned appointed Anna as head of the State Police and Silas/Patrick as the State's Chief Medical officer and suddenly the good guys are back on top and in charge and Solan, O and Lomax are at a disadvantage, and they all work together to put Sonny back behind bars.

Oh wait, in Ron's PC the good guys never win, and even the heroic Luke Spencer, who once saved the fucking world, now blows up boats with his precious daughter abroad. Ron is one sick mf

No wonder Genie Francis (Laura) and Jonathan Jackson (Lucky) are MIA

I do not want to defend TG at this point and his relationship with GF is not good, but as far as any thing I have ever heard or read, he and JJ remain close. He considers JJ to be the son he never had and JJ not being on GH has nothing to do with Tony. They are good friends and Tony has always praised Jonathan ability and talent ( I agree with Tony there the fact that JJ has never really broken is a sin, Think how good the Second Star Wars crap could have been with JJ as Anakin)

In short there are a lot of bad brushes to paint TG with,but his relationship and treatment of JJ is not one of them

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 4

Again, Michael has no reason in the world to believe a word Sonny says.  And it's not like Sonny offered up any kind of explanation or proof.  He was like, "Dude, Luke is trouble, take my word for it."  It's hubris.

Exactly.  Not to mention, Sonny would have (and did) tell him to stay away from AJ, because he was bad.  So Michael wasn't really in a place where taking Sonny's opinion of someone as a valid, logical statement. Add in that Sonny wants back in his good graces, and why would he listen to him.  Plus, as far as he and others knew, the imposter Luke had already been busted and the real one was back.  So he probably also had the "yeah, this is old news, Fake Luke has already been busted" thoughts. I don't blame him one bit for not listening to Sonny, and I think it's beyond a stretch to try to claim he's somehow responsible for Fluke's actions. 

This Sonny thing is just too preposterous. Governor Newt Gingrich shows up at the hospital and proclaims Sonny a HERO? a and shakes his hand??? I get being grateful his daughter is alive, but shouldn't his press secretary or chief of staff have told him it won't sit well with the voters to see him praising a mobster? At least pretend to be ambivalent about it. 'I can't condone what you do for a living or what you did that landed you in prison, but I'm extremely grateful for your quick action that saved my daugher and other citizens of PC. Because of this, I'm recommending a full pardon."

But noooooo, Ron can't have any of that, so it's just totes okay and hey, here's your get out of jail free card!

As an Illinois resident, I've seen more than my fair share of various levels of corrupt Governors.  But this shit?  Would cause me to stroke out.  The pardon is bad enough, but the Governor showing up at Sonny's side in the hospital, gushing over how pleased he is to meet him, etc?  Oh, hell no.  If you are that wrapped around your annoying daughter's little finger that you just HAVE TO pardon the guy, you do that pardon begrudgingly and through a staff member who makes sure to drip the exact right level of disdain at being in his presence.  You condemn his crimes, all of them, you tell him he's going to be on a short leash and that any further crimes will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, so take this pardon as a chance to turn over a new leaf or don't expect any lenience if you don't.  Do something to show that this guy is still a criminal who isn't going to be revered as a saint for taking over on the 1/2 yard line after Michael picked off an end zone pass and took the ball 99 1/2 yards. 

I have a feeling for now until eternity every time anyone brings up that Sonny killed AJ, someone will complain that's unfair because "Sonny served his time for that."  Fortunately, I won't hear it because I don't watch Sonny.  Still.  I was not faked out by the 5 minutes in jail.  I'd been fooled too many times before.  

Oh yeah, we'll be expected to believe Sonny paid his debt to society by serving a couple months in prison before committing a new crime or two to escape.  

By the way, can one character please point out that Sonny was dumb enough to not figure out how to toss the bomb into the water without jumping in with it?  Come on, Tracy, we need you here!  

Oh, and wouldn't Nathan, Lulu, and Tracy all look side-eyed at any information Dr O gives them?  They should have wanted any other GH staff member to run and oversee these tests.  

• Love 9
Oh, and wouldn't Nathan, Lulu, and Tracy all look side-eyed at any information Dr O gives them?  They should have wanted any other GH staff member to run and oversee these tests.

Nathan especially! You know he's dying to look over to the side.

• Love 6

I think Tony and Genie may have patched up any differences they had a while ago; supposedly she stayed with him in Amsterdam some time back, so I think they may be doing well. But I don't know how much drama they actually had between them. There are a lot of dark BTS stories about their late '90s run which differ and I don't know how much of that is true but if any of it is, it wasn't all one person's fault. What remains is that for all TG's stupid comments about Luke and Laura and his recent terrible performances, I've never known him to be anything but extremely courteous and generous re: Genie in the press. I don't think he had anything to do with her disappearance in 2013, I don't believe he'd make that kind of power move on another actor, certainly not one who he knows is too prominent a star. And he and Jonathan Jackson adore each other.

• Love 5

Just to be clear all Dr. O knows so far is that the remains were over 20 yrs old. The DNA of the remains hasn't been run yet. All Tracy and Lulu were told is the bones were really old and the guy in jail's fingerprints matched Luke Spencer in IAFIS.

I thought Dr O said something about 20 years old and then said Luke.  I'm not the best listener so i could very well be wrong.

• Love 1

I think that anyone who is sexually assaulted has the right to be as angry/outraged/whatever as they want for as long as they want toward the person who assaulted them.

To clarify, I wasn't saying that Sam doesn't have the right to be angry/outraged/whatever at Franco for what he did to her. She does. And I cheer her on for it. I am saying that Sam being morally outraged at what someone else has done in their life rings a little hollow to me. Sam saying Franco is evil/rotten/vile/etc for what he has done to her? Totes, ok. Sam saying Franco is horrible because he's done bad things? That gets the side-eye from me. 

Edited by JaneDigby
  • Love 3

To clarify, I wasn't saying that Sam doesn't have the right to be angry/outraged/whatever at Franco for what he did to her. She does. And I cheer her on for it. I am saying that Sam being morally outraged because at what someone else has done in their life rings a little hollow to me. Sam saying Franco is evil/rotten/vile/etc for what he has done to her? Totes, ok. Sam saying Franco is horrible because he's done bad things? That gets the side-eye from me.

Gotcha. Sam hating on Franco for anything doesn't bother me after what he's done to her (not just the fake rape) and the people she cares about. But I did laugh about her being pissed at Faison for killing Jason. I get that she's upset because Jason was her husband, but his death was a prime example of da bidness he was in and she accepted that reality.

• Love 5

Welp, I did something foolish last night.  I binge watched the last two weeks on youtube.  I'm no fan of TG's acting these days, and I've been wincing when I see him.  So I put it off until I was between shows on Netflix.  

Man, binge watching.  It's the 2015 way to watch TV.  It does really change the way you see the total show you are briefly (sometimes not so briefly) committed to.  (Sadly to say I've been committed to GH since the 60's.)  However, the problem is that I feel compelled to compare really great shows with multi-season story arcs that make sense with GH's haphazard plotting and story progression.  My biggest issue with GH plots is that I don't have a sense of long term, of where the story is going next.  That's not in a good way that has me eagerly tuning in to see what's next - it's a where the f are they going with THAT?

It's just surreal.  GH has no long term plots left at all, it's like a stream of consciousness, endlessly repeated conversations, and bizarre points of view.   GH has become one long acid trip.  The last two weeks kinda lurched along, from UCG moment to UCG moment and a whole lot of forward movement.  Everything is because...reasons. But thank goodness for the plot movement, because this shit is getting old.

Look, I accept that Show wrote themselves into a few corners and are trying to reboot in an entertaining way.  I'm fully prepared and willing to be entertained.  I know that they are trying to set things up a little better, maybe throw in a few actual plot lines as opposed to reactions to plot points. I can only hope that Show understands they have jumped the shark by having half the cast in prison (which they all deserved, BTW) and needed a way to get their leads back at large.  I'm not even going to mention more than briefly that ludicrous jail break.  As if.  At least it WAS mostly entertaining and all the actors brought it.

However.  SHOW.  Listen up:

1.  Sonny is not a hero.  He's a bloodthirsty thug who loudly fantasizes about killing people and expects praise when he restrains himself.  Sick, sick, sick of the tongue bath from the general population, and I know I'm not alone.  I could accept and even enjoy a truly penitent Sonny who has to deal with Michael's entirely justified rage for years to come.  He can still be an asshole if everyone else treats him like one.  Carly should be the only one left kissing his ass, and should suffer appropriately for it.  Sonny didn't deserve that pardon and I hope he has the stones to own that, but I have low expectations.

2.  Michael is a badass.  He's the one who got the bomb off the boat, and Sonny as usual got all the credit and Michael was expected to thank him for it.  I will be happy only if he continues to be pissed off.  I am down with angry, rich, and powerful CEO Michael.  I bought the "Dad!" when he saw sadly undead Sonny.  The "fathers" that followed, not so much.  Here's hoping he comes to his senses soon.

3.  Both Luke and Helena's days of being the big bad are sadly over.  There is absolutely no menace there - the show has succeeded in making evil boring.  Helena conceals her tired old self behind furs and a ton of makeup.  (I swear I saw CT totter a bit on her heels.  She deserves hazardous duty pay for wearing them.  Kudos to the actress - although the story is beyond tired and her character is a horrid human being, she is giving it her all.)  Luke looks like giant walking cotton swab that a strong wind would blow over.  No.  Just no.  GH, please do your final story on this pair and get them off our screens.  DeadLuke duct taped to his chair spoke for us all when he said "what did I ever do to deserve this?"

4.  I rage hated oldJason and did the happy dance of joy when he got the bullet, the kick, and the splash.  I don't mind newJason as he appears to have regrown a sense of humanity and is actively resisting his "conditioning".  I heartily approve of the fact that he was horrified - and showed it - when he remembered the bomb.  I am pleasantly surprised by Carly behaving in a somewhat logical fashion, and stunned that she got the police involved.  Sooner would have been better, but you know, Carly.  I liked that he insisted to Sam that she gave him the phoenix (she did), and that Sam bought a clue that with Helena involved, Jake was totes ok and it wasn't his fault.  Sam: independent DNA testing.  It's a thing.

5.  I like looking at Patrick's smug, satisfied face and realizing he's gonna be pretty unhappy soon.

6.  Franco and Nina: let's hope the recovery takes a long, long time.  Off camera.

7.  I fully expect Robin to return from Paris pregnant with the dreaded missing embryo after Helena's untimely end.  (That's okay, I guess.  It will provide a little long term plot, unlike Olivia's impregnation by Julien.) No offense to Kim Mc, but I actually wish they would recast the part given her limited availability.  I'd also like to see a miraculously recovered (and hot) Lucky recast.

I'm meh or mildly interested in everything and everyone else.  That's okay.  I don't need to love it all.  But I do need something to love and a reason to keep taking the acid.

• Love 11

It's just surreal.  GH has no long term plots left at all, it's like a stream of consciousness, endlessly repeated conversations, and bizarre points of view.   GH has become one long acid trip.  The last two weeks kinda lurched along, from UCG moment to UCG moment and a whole lot of forward movement.  Everything is because...reasons. But thank goodness for the plot movement, because this shit is getting old.

I agree with a lot of this but I think the issue is more that GH is constantly chasing the larger long-term plot Ron has in his head, which will slowly parcel out in a series of sweeps events over time - if they can get this actor, if they can do X, Y and Z. He's only interested in his larger tapestry and the big moments he has conceived of which may or may not happen depending on various factors, and everything between those moments is largely a million spinning hamster wheels. It's clear how little care they take in so many conversations and day to day scenes with characters who can and should have real feelings and motives. To Ron, Scrubs fans, for example, have no real reason to be upset because he knows they will reunite someday and everything will be made better and they'll all understand when they see the big adventure he has in store... sometime, maybe. But if he doesn't get an actor or a part of a story back, then someone might just be ignored and discarded as surplus to the new requirements (like Sean Kanan and A.J.).

I respect plotting long-term and I think it is essential to a soap opera. Ron often plays a long game, the problem is that these days that's all he really plays - the super-long game in his head that is not actual plotting, not really focusing on what is actually onscreen right now. The day to day is a mess. So much of the show is just him and his crew amusing themselves in the meantime, killing time or goofing off, or just filling space. Characters and couples all become just widgets to be positioned and re-positioned in preparation for the next plot point. And of course, all soap opera has plot and plot points. But there is a way to balance plot and character more steadily, and Ron lost sight and IMO interest in that a long time ago. He only invests in character now when it's the wrong character - his pet characters, his favorite actors, trying to put them over with the audience. (You will love Obrecht, Franco, Nina, etc.)

I have also feared from the beginning that that embryo was going to end up inside Robin, and I still worry about that. Because that's just what Robin needs on top of her last kidnapping: Violation and forced impregnation. I have a hard time believing Kim McCullough would agree to that after that whole Lisa thing.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

I thought Dr O said something about 20 years old and then said Luke.  I'm not the best listener so i could very well be wrong.

No. Dr. O said the bones were decades old. Nathan was the one who said they ran the fingerprints of the guy in custody and they were a match for Luke.

I have also feared from the beginning that that embryo was going to end up inside Robin, and I still worry about that. Because that's just what Robin needs on top of her last kidnapping: Violation and forced impregnation. I have a hard time believing Kim McCullough would agree to that after that whole LIsa thing.
7.  I fully expect Robin to return from Paris pregnant with the dreaded missing embryo after Helena's untimely end.  (That's okay, I guess.  It will provide a little long term plot, unlike Olivia's impregnation by Julien.) No offense to Kim Mc, but I actually wish they would recast the part given her limited availability.  

Which is why, although I'd usually be up for a recast at this point, if that is really want they have planned for her (and Lulu), I'll take limited availability please.

I mean, forget about the grossness, if you can, for one minute - I would just love to know how Ron is gonna handwave why in the world Helena would use an unwilling HIV positive 35+ years old woman to carry an embryo when she choose from hundreds of willing women who thinks she's a kindly old grandma.

I really musn't rant about this till it happens, I'll get tired out.

Ok, we have got to stop putting the Robin is pregnant with the embryo story out in the universe.

I'm excited (not in a good way) to see how Ron tries to write Robin's health -in general- after she's been in captivity for YEARS at this point.

And I think a recast is completely too late (even though I've def. thought it could be an option way back when). No way would that fly. I get that "everyone is replaceable"' in this business, but no. Just....no.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

I'm pretty sure we already are seeing Uncle Frank's cheap Sonny. I wouldn't be surprised if this whole story was a subtle hint to MB to play ball.

And I think a recast is completely too late (even though I've def. thought it could be an option way back when). No way would that fly. I get that "everyone is replaceable"' in this business, but no. Just....no.

If it were just to wrap stuff up? I think a temporary recast would be accepted.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

If it were just to wrap stuff up? I think a temporary recast would be accepted.

I'll agree to disagree on that. But do I think "newer" viewers and/or those who don't really care about the character would accept it? Sure.

Edited by HeatLifer

Personally, I'll get nothing out of a recast Robin wrapping up this particular story. I want to see KMc's Robin rescued by Jason and/or Dante and KMc's Robin punch Patrick in the nose. It's about my wants and needs! ;)

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 8

I think LW does a pretty good job with a distraught Carly, like during the AJ murder reveal, and when Carly is being all catty and judgmental, like in a lot of her scenes with Sam or Liz. Not saying I like Carly during those times, but I think it's a good portrayal of who I think Carly is. It's when Carly is supposed to sincere or comedic or supportive, etc., that it just doesn't ring true. I think Carly can have sincere moments, but to me it seems like she's two different characters, one played by a good actress and one not.

I'm pretty sure we already are seeing Uncle Frank's cheap Sonny. I wouldn't be surprised if this whole story was a subtle hint to MB to play ball.

But this is a story about how Sonny is a hero, where he oversaw the jail break and saved Julian and tried to save Ava and then saved 85% of the town, and is now legally completely exonerated and is surrounded by his loving family, so it doesn't really seem to me that MB would mind all that much. Even while Sonny was in jail he was getting tons of screen time, manhandling Johnny and Julian, and figuring out the Haunted Star plot. And I'm still really passed about all of it.

Why couldn't Sonny just tell his lawyer or call the police (ahem, Dante) or Sam or Carly or even dimwit Morgan about the plot, and one of them tell Michael about it? That way Sonny still gets to save the day, but without the prison break (which included assault on some guards) and the shootout and the unnecessary taking of the bomb from Michael And needlessly jumping in the river with it. Michael could still be the one to find the bomb and get it out of there (why they didn't just evacuate I'll never know), and the the governor could commute Sonny's sentence rather than that ridiculous fucking pardon. The end result would have been the same, but it would make more sense and not be a total Sonny-is-Amazing line of BS, and most importantly, I would have tolerated that much better. I could have enjoyed some of that story, but instead I've been furious for days, and have been through 3 boxes of wine to dull the rage. Do the math, folks- that's a lot of wine.

• Love 4

Personally, I'll get nothing out of a recast Robin wrapping up this particular story. I want to see KMc's Robin rescued by Jason and/or Dante and KMc's Robin punch Patrick in the throat and balls. It's about my wants and needs! ;)

There fixed that for ya.

• Love 6

I sucked it up and watched it again on YouTube:

Tracy to Dr. O:  My family practically own this hospital.  You just rent it.

(stupid scenes of fLuke)

Dr. O: I have some preliminary results to share.

Tracy: OK, what can you tell us.

Dr. O: (supposedly she says if) These are indeed Luke Spencer's remains.  Then he's been dead for quite a long time.

Lulu:  How long?

Dr. O: Decades.

Cut to fLuke in jail:

All these idiots have been chasing their tails for over a year now.  Thinking I'm Jerry Jax.  Thinking I'm Larry Ashton.  Thinking I'm Cesar Faison!

And now, they've settled on another bogus theory.  Poor bastards.  They think I'm Bill Eckert!  Hahaha.

back to the morgue:

Dr. O: We estimate the subject has been dead for at least 20 years.

Lulu: My dad has only been missing for a year.

Dr. O:  I'm sorry.  That's all I know.

Tracy:  Bill Eckert died over 20 years ago.  Maybe, maybe somebody dug him up?

back to fLuke:

They should have let poor Bill Eckert rest in peace.  That sonuvabitch has been dead all along.

back to the morgue:

Nathan: The fingerprints of the man that we have in custody.  Are a match.  For Luke Spencer.

back to fLuke:

Luke:  The answer has been staring them in the face.  The whole time.  And not one of them of them cared to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCM6pVM8Dxs

Go to 32:40

eta: added dialogue.  this video is a little clearer but I still don't hear Dr. O say "if"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFRu1WmxNzw

Edited by Lola16
  • Love 2

You know they did a story on Y&R with Adam and some guy who needed a kidney transplant. Adam gave him a kidney then lured him to GC with the intent of killing him burning the body and blaming his brother for his own murder b/c apparently if you donate an organ your DNA matches for a period of time. I wonder if they would do something like that with this Fluke story?

Maybe who ever is in jail gave skeletor an organ 20 yrs ago then skeletor died so they had the same DNA at that time. Then Helena did her fancy computer doctorin' and gave the guy in jail Luke's fingerprints in IAFIS. Luke is still captive somewhere and this guy in jail is his secret twin.

That is totally confusing but would be par for the course of this NEVERENDING STORY!

Edited by Cattitude

Nicolas Bechtel walking around in pics on Twitter in a "Free Uncle Sonny" shirt with Ron encouraging it is just ghastly.

I'm sorry, what!? That's Ron for ya.

There fixed that for ya.

Hahahahaha. I'll marry that fix. I will.

• Love 2

I think Tony and Genie may have patched up any differences they had a while ago; supposedly she stayed with him in Amsterdam some time back, so I think they may be doing well. But I don't know how much drama they actually had between them.

This I am glad to hear. Not much else makes me happy now a days with this show, but knowing that the actors who played the Luke and Laura I loved are friends again. I will take what I can get

• Love 2

But this is a story about how Sonny is a hero, where he oversaw the jail break and saved Julian and tried to save Ava and then saved 85% of the town, and is now legally completely exonerated and is surrounded by his loving family, so it doesn't really seem to me that MB would mind all that much. Even while Sonny was in jail he was getting tons of screen time, manhandling Johnny and Julian, and figuring out the Haunted Star plot. And I'm still really passed about all of it.

I meant before MB re-signed, which was in December I think? Now he's getting out of prison again, because MB re-signed. But before the message probably was, "you don't re-sign, we have an exit story in place so whatever."

• Love 2
That sonuvabitch has been dead all along.

Fluke really said that? The same Fluke that was giving Bobbie grief for criticizing him and calling him a bad father?

Yeah, I just joined the "Ron's pulling this story out of his ass" club. Calling this story a hot mess is an insult to hot messes.

• Love 10

Fluke really said that? The same Fluke that was giving Bobbie grief for criticizing him and calling him a bad father?

Yeah, I just joined the "Ron's pulling this story out of his ass" club. Calling this story a hot mess is an insult to hot messes.

He also said it wasn't Jerry Jax/Jacks (don't know how to spell that), Larry Ashton or Cesar Faison. 

"the truth has been staring them in the face all along" - something like that. 

I'm generally okay when a character who was terrible then later becomes a "good guy," especially if it's because the actor is really good or whatever. Like what they've done with Brad - he seems to have stopped being a total asshat and has apologized (seemingly sincerely) to people, and so it doesn't bother me too much in the long run. My issue with all this crap with Sonny is that his character never changes, he just gets forgiven for all his terrible stuff, only to turn around and almost immediately do it all over again. He *stays* awful. Additionally, when someone like Brad was being a jerk, everyone treated him like he was a jerk. Ava and Franco got crap from people all the time. But 99% of the other characters make excuses for Sonny or talk about how wonderful he is, blah blah blah. His mortal enemy Julian is now his BFF. He tried to save Ava's life (after trying to kill her for months) and so Morgan loves him for it. Dante and Olivia were mad for two seconds that he shot Dante in the chest. It goes on and on, and there's never been any real redemption or character growth for Sonny; everyone just keeps kissing his ass. If this show wants me to ever not want to skin Sonny alive and the slowly stitch him back together with rusty needles, they need to make him a layered character who might actually be capable of evolving. Instead I just get him being "sorry" for two shakes of a lamb's tale and everyone elses lip service about how awesome he is.

The same could be said of Luke, I think.

I would "like" you into infinity and beyond if I could. Lets marry and have Sonny hating babies. 

• Love 5
I want her dead. Even more so than Sonny.

The currency in a soap is how much time you spend on screen. Carly is a wealthy woman. The only time that I didn't detest her of almost daily appearances was during a camera shot of her rocking that sweater jacket on  the docks.  Her character is at the front line in the choir of the disgusting church of Sonny and Jason.

I just can't accept Franco or Nina in any way. I think they're both completely unwatchable, giving largely terrible performances and killing the show

Watching RH and MS on the screen is much more preferable than watching any scene with Maurice Bernard.  Having never seen these two soap actors, I wanted and still want to give them a chance.  However, the Franco/Nina characters have not been well written and integrated into the show.  They could have tumored away Franco's disgusting and vile history (away from Carly) and had him become a businessman or have had him pass the bar a long time ago. Nina could have tucked away that list and not come down with baby rabies. She could have use the money to start an empire.  Why anyone would care about a new character who was in a coma for twenty years might have sounded good in Ron's head - but the execution failed.  I do agree, that in their current character incarnations, Franco and Nina are toast and unwatchable.

Kudos to Jane Elliot for holding her own around him.

It makes watching this Tony Geary stint a little bit easier. 

• Love 3

The currency in a soap is how much time you spend on screen. Carly is a wealthy woman. The only time that I didn't detest her of almost daily appearances was during a camera shot of her rocking that sweater jacket on  the docks.  Her character is at the front line in the choir of the disgusting church of Sonny and Jason.

Patent "The Disgusting Church of Sonny and Jason" at once.

• Love 4

Watching RH and MS on the screen is much more preferable than watching any scene with Maurice Bernard. 

I just do not agree. Maurice is far from Olivier but he has a long history and roots on the show, and he's not eating the show alive the way Stafford is and Howarth often does. I hate what Sonny has become and I'm furious about this story, but Franco and Nina are a much bigger affront to my sensibilities and a horrible grafted cancer on the show IMO.

• Love 8

I just do not agree. Maurice is far from Olivier but he has a long history and roots on the show, and he's not eating the show alive the way Stafford is and Howarth often does. I hate what Sonny has become and I'm furious about this story, but Franco and Nina are a much bigger affront to my sensibilities and a horrible grafted cancer on the show IMO.

I both agree and disagree, jsbt. Maurice isn't Olivier, but he does still scarf down his fair share of screen time, and this story is meant to restore the status quo of "Sonny As Hero" to Port Charles. I will grant you that Franco and Nina are terrible failures as characters and should be set adrift on an ice floe, but saying that Sonny has a long history and roots on the show is exactly what's keeping him hanging around like herpes.

• Love 5

While I agree that the character of Sonny does have a long history on the show, I have to disagree about him not eating the show.  

GENERAL HOSPITAL 2014 Episode Count
251 Episodes

1.  Maurice Benard (Sonny Corinthos) – 180

and I also agree I could do with much less Franco & Nina.  In fact, I could do without them altogether.

• Love 10

Oh, I agree he's on way too much. But when I said "eating the show alive" I wasn't talking about airtime in this case, I meant Stafford literally eating the sets in scene after scene. It's a performance thing and she's been forced on us along with RH.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7

Oh, I agree he's on way too much. But when I said "eating the show alive" I wasn't talking about airtime in this case, I meant Stafford literally eating the sets in scene after scene. It's a performance thing and she's been forced on us along with RH.

It's amazing there's anything left for anyone - RoHo, MS, MB, anyone - to eat with TG on the carb-free, all-scenery diet called Fluke. I'll bet the particle board furniture just quivers in fear whenever he's around.

• Love 12

While I agree that the character of Sonny does have a long history on the show, I have to disagree about him not eating the show.  

GENERAL HOSPITAL 2014 Episode Count

251 Episodes

1.  Maurice Benard (Sonny Corinthos) – 180

and I also agree I could do with much less Franco & Nina.  In fact, I could do without them altogether.

Honestly 180 out of 250 is not that much for the top character (and I don't mean that Sonny is "top" I just mean for whoever comes first in screentime), at least not compared to the Guza days.

Plus the episode counts are a little bit misleading, since someone could appear for 5 seconds in one episode and it counts as a day. Like peachmangosteen pointed out, Nathan/RP was #3 and really don't feel like he's been on that much, probably due to most of scenes consist of him standing off to the side and staring straight ahead.

Not that I don't think Sonny is too much as well because he is.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Plus the episode counts are a little bit misleading, since someone could appear for 5 seconds in one episode and it counts as a day.

Oh, I understand that, but I still believe appearing in 180 episodes, whether the appearance is 5 second or 25 minutes is too much. I will say though, during the Guza years, MB's numbers were in the 200's, as were SBu's, so I guess 180 is an improvement. LOL.

And no newbie should be #3, especially a giant block 'o wood.  

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 2

I meant before MB re-signed, which was in December I think? Now he's getting out of prison again, because MB re-signed. But before the message probably was, "you don't re-sign, we have an exit story in place so whatever."

Got it, that makes perfect sense. Oh, how I wish he hadn't re-signed.

• Love 1