Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I ain't got time to feel for Silas, we all got problems! He was boring me long before Nina showed up, and he's responsible for unleashing her upon us. Maybe he could've tried (unsuccessfully) to defuse the bomb, like John McBain!

None of these lame ass shenanigans would have occurred under McBain's watch. Dammit, he kept the soap crime to a minimum and the criminals didn't break out till the show was literally over.

We need John McBain back.

• Love 1

I hated Grayson McCouch's version of Dusty on ATWT. In the 10 minutes he was on my screen today, he brought back all of those hate feelings.

We've already got Maurice Benard, we don't need someone doing a poor impression of him on the same damn show.

Why does this show insist on hiring actors (acting wise) that I despise?

I'm gearing up to sit at my table alone, but Franco and Nina weren't as terrible as I expected. To be fair I really think whoever directed Kevin's weird "chipmunk" robber phase on Y&R clearly works for GH now b/c I myself my or maynot have had a PTSD type flashback to that peice of horrible soap history while watching Franco's LSD trip, and sadly I found the LSD trip more realistic.

I know RoHo and MSt aren't favorites around here, but I find they are trying to sell what is clearly a very poorly thought out story with some lamed characters. I find it a credit to them that they can at least manage to have good chemistry with eachother despite this terrible story.......more than I can say for SamTrick personally. YMMV

• Love 3

No, we don't. I enjoyed him on the show but it's over. It's been over for a long time. It's done. Every single OLTL castmember can leave of their own free will or be destroyed.

Grayson McCouch's hair has not improved since his "Street Fightin' Man" Falcon Roundhouse Kick days from the end of ATWT (note the top-tier Guiding Light Peapack production values - GH still has much further to fall). He currently looks like an Abe Lincoln impersonator who tours elementary schools with a hip and happening live-action American History experience.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

None of these lame ass shenanigans would have occurred under McBain's watch. Dammit, he kept the soap crime to a minimum and the criminals didn't break out till the show was literally over.

trust me, he and Sonny would have been shooting the breeze by now, talking about how women expect all these commitments and why can't they understand that sometimes man-pain needs to be consoled by the more than one woman. Except it would be one of those things where they're talking about the same thing but don't actually realize they are, so they get confused, cause both are so self-absorbed.

Sonny: it's like, so, so I slept with her a crypt. So! It doesn't mean ........... I don't love her.

McBain: Right. I just don't understand why my one girlfriend doesn't understand why I still feel lost over that other girlfriend I had whose body was stuffed in a crypt, and that's why I felt comforted by that other woman the other night.

Sonny: Exactly! Wait . . . . no I think I got what you mean. You love all of them.

McBain: Yeah man. Yeah.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

It happened.

Grayson's hair looks like it's rebelling against the awfulness of the style. Greasy and slicked back doesn't work for Sonny, why did they think it would for Agent Sloane?

Still loving Julian, and I hope he's not the only one back in Pentonville (after a brief hospital stay).

I thought it looked like a rug, and was very distracting.

No, we don't. I enjoyed him on the show but it's over. It's been over for a long time. It's done. Every single OLTL castmember can leave of their own free will or be destroyed.

Yes.

Grayson McCouch's hair has not improved since his "Street Fightin' Man" Falcon Roundhouse Kick days from the end of ATWT 

Nooooooooooooooooo. How can I unsee it.

I know RoHo and MSt aren't favorites around here, but I find they are trying to sell what is clearly a very poorly thought out story with some lamed characters. I find it a credit to them that they can at least manage to have good chemistry with eachother despite this terrible story.......more than I can say for SamTrick personally. YMMV

I think Michelle is trying to sell whatever this is, even if it isn't working for me. Roger is just . . . I don't know what he's trying to do. Just trying to act through it as fast as possible and then go home.

• Love 3

I did think it was odd that we didn't hear "the role of day player Agent Sloan is now being played by Grayson McCouch". Did anyone (Julian?) even say the name Sloan? Grayson McCouch was doing his angry macho mob man acting that I guess it would have been hard to do the voice over introduction. I'll reserve my judgment until I see McCouch without his shirt to decide if he should be written out or not. Also, FLUKE is still and ALIVE and this NIGHTMARE continues. Stop the bus...I want.to.get.off!!!!

• Love 2

I can't believe no one said that my det Special Kitty is the ONLY one who actually tried to shoot and kill Fluke. Stupid Michael I could almost hate him for getting in the way.

I feel kind of bad for Dante b/c clearly Nathan is the golden boy as the only one from the PCPD who actually gets to get things done. I mean if not for Maxie he would have been the town hero instead of Sonny. What would Sonny have done if he walked up on Nathan holding the bomb. humm?

ETA: I really wanted him to shoot Fluke and say this is for my one great love....Dante!

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 5
So Fluke really is Luke, or at least he thinks he is. I don't get why Helena is all lovey-dovey with him. It's creepy. I don't think she can be Patricia, or Luke's mother as some people have been speculating, because she's coming off like she's turned on by Luke and that would just be sick.

Because she's in love with him, or the glory times he represents. Luke and the sad pathetic remnant of their feud is the only thing that Helena's lived for probably since Stefan died.

• Love 3

Bruh. When Micheal kept calling Sonny "my father", I wanted to have a Tyra Banks moment and just yell at the tv, like "We were rooting for you! We were all rooting for you!" 

Incidentally, this is also how I've felt about the two post-Guza writers for this show ... with this exact same scene of Tyra Banks in my head, lol.

The mai tais are tasty here on the Barge and I have old clips of GH to keep me company ... finally just found out who killed Diana Taylor -- that only took all of 1981 to reveal, apparently!   And that was a story using the old struggle-over-the-gun-it-accidentally-goes-off technique, so that it's actually palatable to the audience when the characters who kill don't go to the big house for a long time.  

Instead of this "yes, it was murder, but now we've contrived something ridiculous to get Sonny off the hook for stupid reasons" stuff.   I always assumed it would end this way, but I thought they might have the decency to keep Sonny in jail for at least half a year or something.  Good grief. 

Because she's in love with him, or the glory times he represents. Luke and the sad pathetic remnant of their feud is the only thing that Helena's lived for probably since Stefan died.

Give it up, Helena.  Just let yourself die.  But free Robin first, you stupid old witch.  Gah.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 7

I can't believe no one said that my det Special Kitty is the ONLY one who actually tried to shoot and kill Fluke. Stupid Michael I could almost hate him for getting in the way.

I feel kind of bad for Dante b/c clearly Nathan is the golden boy as the only one from the PCPD who actually gets to get things done. I mean if not for Maxie he would have been the town hero instead of Sonny. What would Sonny have done if he walked up on Nathan holding the bomb. humm?

Don't forget, Dante saved Nathan's butt when Levi - freaking Levi - got the drop on him. He was also the one to go with Anna to arrest Faison and the reason Nathan knows that Fluke is bad news is because of Dante and Jordan. I'm sure there are other instances but I can't recall them off the top of my head. Not to mention, Nathan didn't even get rid of the bomb or catch Luke, so. Dante got trapped by Fluke but I enjoyed a lot of his scenes this week, thinking of mostly Friday's cliffhanger, the part where he confronted Fluke before being thrown down the stairs and the scene right before he thought the bomb was going to explode.

Also Nathan was [redacted comments about his acting because I promised to be nice for a couple of days!]

Give it up, Helena.  Just let yourself die.  But free Robin first, you stupid old witch.  Gah.  

That would be awesome, if they just had a moment where Helena realized that all the schemes and stuggles for power meant nothing anymore, that she and Luke were pathetic scarecrows of years gone by, and she killed herself with a snake or something, Cleopatra-style. CT would rock whatever they gave her, I'm sure.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Kitty Redstone, people ask me why I keep watching, too. I explain it's like having a family member that you can't stand, but are obligated to see.

Haha!  My husband isn't at all philosophical, so I was a bit dumbfounded when he dropped the ol' if ... then on me.  I tried to explain that it was like the friend you loved in grade school, who then turned into a total douche in college, but you couldn't just ditch them, could you?  I like yours better. 

• Love 1

If Morgan has even a halfway decent reaction to hearing about Ava tomorrow, I'll stop from saying bad things about Ron for a day. I'm afraid I won't be able to concentrate because of NuSloane and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Hair. Maybe it'll even distract me from KA's suckage.

• Love 5

Haha! My husband isn't at all philosophical, so I was a bit dumbfounded when he dropped the ol' if ... then on me. I tried to explain that it was like the friend you loved in grade school, who then turned into a total douche in college, but you couldn't just ditch them, could you? I like yours better.

Lol, yours works, too. It's the nostalgia that really won't allow us to let go.

• Love 2

No we don't. Take it back.

trust me, he and Sonny would have been shooting the breeze by now, talking about how women expect all these commitments and why can't they understand that sometimes man-pain needs to be consoled by the more than one woman. Except it would be one of those things where they're talking about the same thing but don't actually realize they are, so they get confused, cause both are so self-absorbed.

Sonny: it's like, so, so I slept with her a crypt. So! It doesn't mean ........... I don't love her.

McBain: Right. I just don't understand why my one girlfriend doesn't understand why I still feel lost over that other girlfriend I had whose body was stuffed in a crypt, and that's why I felt comforted by that other woman the other night.

Sonny: Exactly! Wait . . . . no I think I got what you mean. You love all of them.

McBain: Yeah man. Yeah.

McBain: Though do we have to use the word, "l l l love"?

I was halfway through the show before I realized that man with the horrible hairdo was the commissioner, I thought he was some bad dayplayer being the prison wardon. 

I'm trying to figure out how this guy is an upgrade.

• Love 4

Or the memory of better days and the futile hope that things will one day get better.

I may be a ghoul but I wished that the bomb took out a few of the stupid characters like Felix, Sabrina, Ivy and Rosalie who to me serve no purpose on this canvas.

• Love 3

Or the memory of better days and the futile hope that things will one day get better.

I may be a ghoul but I wished that the bomb took out a few of the stupid characters like Felix, Sabrina, Ivy and Rosalie who to me serve no purpose on this canvas.

I can't believe nobody died!

• Love 1

I was disappointed. All that hype and no one dies? So many characters we could have shed. Instead, they just keep adding to the canvas. Even when actors announce they're leaving, we still can't get rid of the character *coughKikicough*. Except Britt, I guess that's an exception.

• Love 10

Wasn't it SO telling that Patrick was forced to talk to Sabrina and Ivy while the main characters were busy with their stories!? I laugh. I laugh hard. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5

I'm not taking back my desire of wanting ME to play a kick ass vampire cop who hates Sonny, is hot with Anna, stays away from Sam, and hates Patrick because screw you Patrick Drake. And he shall have cooler hair than some male cast members, difuse bombs, and do awesome action sequences. It doesn't have to be McBain. It can be Caleb John Morley Clay, Secret Agent Ass Kicker. If I have to buy this corpse bride Fluke garbage, then I want that. I've had everything taken from me. I can feel Billy Miller getting less hot and likeable as Sonny Cooties loom in the air.

I will take back wanting McBain, but I'll never stop hoping AJ Quartermaine is secretly alive, ME will play another kick ass action vampire cop, Sonny will be humiliated, and MWOP shall rise. Billy Miller, I will believe in you. But dammit, you have a lot of work, dude.

• Love 2

If we have had to put up with seeing undead Heather's hands digging herself out of her grave, why are we denied the similar sight of Ava's manicured mitts rising from the murky dock water and dragging Luke in?

• Love 2

for those of you who want to know what happened with Franco, he took some LSD and apparently LSD makes the walls look like the old tv "off-air" rainbow signal. And yes, it was just as awful as it sounds.

I 'tried' some back in the 60s and found out why the psychedelic posters look the way they do.  I was outside with hubby (he was rightfully frowning that I'd taken some, provided by a friend who enjoyed these things), and everything on the street started morphing - it was like a city of not-fun-house mirrors.  People and faces kept shifting sizes, as did cars.  Everything was distorted  Colors were overdone, the music I'd last heard (Country Joe MacDonald) was playing very loudly as I watched scenes change, it was frightening and I think it affects -- more -- people who tend to want to stay in control.  The more you fight the hallucinations the worse they get.

I was given some thorazine to 'come down,' and while trying to normalize, I watched, at Aquatic Bay, the SF Bay in exaggerated colors and movement, with the loud music that sounded as if it was being played from loudspeakers everywhere and eventually the thorazine started working and I felt somewhat calmer.  I thought 'So, this is what some people describe as a "spiritual" experience, and I wished only that it would end and was very worried it wouldn't.  I never touched it again and wondered why people enjoy this.  I'd just wanted to see what it was like but never expected it to be so extremely scary. (Some people actually liked seeing those changes.)  I have a younger cousin who never came out of it, and to this day, I often see him at street corners in SF, staring at people while standing next to speech-giving, homeless goofballs when he's allowed 'out' for a day from a place that takes care of him and others like him. Very sad for his parents, in their late 80s and still dealing with it.  RC didn't actually exaggerate here.  Timothy Leary did a lot of harm.

• Love 5

I couldn't stand Grayson with the Dusty buzz cut. I always liked it a bit longer and curly. He was sexy as hell with curly hair. But this? Whatever the hell this is that's plastered to the top of his head? Just no. Even the buzz cut is better than this!

As for his acting, I think he can be good, but definitely tends to lean too heavily on the tough guy attitude. I actually didn't mind him yesterday. At least when I closed my eyes and didn't have to look at the hair. I know I said I wanted to see if he and FH have chemistry, but not until he gets a haircut! No way would Anna go near that helmet head.

• Love 4

Even though I know Sonny ain't going anywhere, I enjoyed the thought of him blowing up with the bomb.

I don't get it.  Why wouldn't he just toss the bomb as far as he could into the waters.  Why would he jump WITH it ??

Did Michael actually see him jump into the water?    (where Ava is likely floating, half alive)

• Love 2

I 'tried' some back in the 60s and found out why the psychedelic posters look the way they do.  I was outside with hubby (he was rightfully frowning that I'd taken some, provided by a friend who enjoyed these things), and everything on the street started morphing - it was like a city of not-fun-house mirrors.  People and faces kept shifting sizes, as did cars.  Everything was distorted  Colors were overdone, the music I'd last heard (Country Joe MacDonald) was playing very loudly as I watched scenes change, it was frightening and I think it affects -- more -- people who tend to want to stay in control.  The more you fight the hallucinations the worse they get.

I was given some thorazine to 'come down,' and while trying to normalize, I watched, at Aquatic Bay, the SF Bay in exaggerated colors and movement, with the loud music that sounded as if it was being played from loudspeakers everywhere and eventually the thorazine started working and I felt somewhat calmer.  I thought 'So, this is what some people describe as a "spiritual" experience, and I wished only that it would end and was very worried it wouldn't.  I never touched it again and wondered why people enjoy this.  I'd just wanted to see what it was like but never expected it to be so extremely scary. (Some people actually liked seeing those changes.)  I have a younger cousin who never came out of it, and to this day, I often see him at street corners in SF, staring at people while standing next to speech-giving, homeless goofballs when he's allowed 'out' for a day from a place that takes care of him and others like him. Very sad for his parents, in their late 80s and still dealing with it.  RC didn't actually exaggerate here.  Timothy Leary did a lot of harm.

What a story pitchy, thank goodness you came out of it unharmed, and I am sorry to hear about your cousin. I recall a number of people who took the same "trip" to never return the same.

I think that's what also annoyed me greatly with those scenes, yet again Ron wants to "make a funny" about a very serious and hurtful subject for many.

Overdosing on such a drug as LSD doesn't equate to merely letting a SERIAL KILLER act even more foolish and annoying. It isn't as if he merely popped a few happy pills. But why actually treat such a hot button issue with actual respect and dignity and class. Then Roger might have to try and act for the first time in a long time, imho.  

• Love 7

It's not just the "Sonny Saves The Day; He Gets Out Of Jail Free" moments.

It's the preceding moments.

They can't make him sadistic and without a conscience, so he HAS to help up a wounded Ava (who just "slipped"), and  he HAS to only threaten to shoot Luke in the kneecaps rather than shoot him dead.

• Love 3
Did Michael actually see him jump into the water?

Yes, and we heard the splash as Michael watched.

I don't understand why no one died. At least kill off some dayplayers if you can't bear to get rid of any of the cast. That's Ron: big overture, teeny show.

• Love 9

I don't understand why no one died. At least kill off some dayplayers if you can't bear to get rid of any of the cast. That's Ron: big overture, teeny show.

That's GH's mob for you.  Its mob without the balls.  They want everyone playing with guns without any real fallout (unless of course you are being written off the show.)

• Love 6

I can't believe nobody died!

Hey ya'll SONNY and Ava both died...I'm sure...almost positive....maybe?

If we have had to put up with seeing undead Heather's hands digging herself out of her grave, why are we denied the similar sight of Ava's manicured mitts rising from the murky dock water and dragging Luke in?

I won't lie with Ron's love of recreating scenes from other shows when Fluke was on the bridge I kind of expected Ava to come up all Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th on him.....I was so disappointed Ron didn't rip that scene off:(

• Love 1

I'm still so mad that we get so much win taken from us: Jason dying, Billy Miller being a good character, AJ the OG returning in the ruins of Jason, Micheal Alan Quartermaine, Sonny going to prison, Micheal hates Sonny, Micheal hates Carly, Micheal has a sort of brain, Sonny could be dead.

Dammit. No.

• Love 1

Yes, and we heard the splash as Michael watched.

Well, I'm not going to complain that much cause I'd rather no one die than someone I like die, but seriously, not even fucking Carlos? And I don't dislike Carlos. But really. It's Carlos! 

I'm still surprised Britt didn't die in O's arms.

Same. The teasing of Ava's and, especially, Sonny's deaths just irritated me. I've been rewatching the DBZ TeamFourStar parody and to quote Vegeta, "WHY? WHY WON'T YOU PEOPLE JUST DIE???"

• Love 2

Hey ya'll SONNY and Ava both died...I'm sure...almost positive....maybe?

Please, Sonny would survive Armageddon. Seriously, the bomb could drop on Port Charles today, and he'd drag his greasy carcass out of the rubble, then do the soft-shoe on the corpses of everyone who died.

• Love 9

Please, Sonny would survive Armageddon. Seriously, the bomb could drop on Port Charles today, and he'd drag his greasy carcass out of the rubble, then do the soft-shoe on the corpses of everyone who died.

Hee. Sonny is the ultimate human cockroach, he just won't die. He can survive any and everything.

I'm sure he'll be found just as Michael is beating himself up over how he's been treating Sonny, how he told him that he hated him, denouncing his name, etc, and then suddenly there Sonny will be standing in the doorway just as Michael asks God why he had to take both his fathers from him. And then they'll embrace, tears will be shed, or attempted to be, and bye bye bygones will be had by all.

I feel sick now...

• Love 2

What a story pitchy, thank goodness you came out of it unharmed, and I am sorry to hear about your cousin. I recall a number of people who took the same "trip" to never return the same.

I think that's what also annoyed me greatly with those scenes, yet again Ron wants to "make a funny" about a very serious and hurtful subject for many.

Overdosing on such a drug as LSD doesn't equate to merely letting a SERIAL KILLER act even more foolish and annoying. It isn't as if he merely popped a few happy pills. But why actually treat such a hot button issue with actual respect and dignity and class. Then Roger might have to try and act for the first time in a long time, imho.  

Maybe I'm remebering wrong but I remeber the LSD stuff with Heather the orginal story being wasn't played for comedy.It had a more serious quality to it.Granted better writers wrote it.It wasn't played as the campy clownish shit.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 1