Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I don't remember Jason ever being a compassionate sweetheart. But I hate him so fucking much that maybe I blocked out any good moments.

He was a compassionate sweetheart when he made his wife's rape all about his pain.  He was a compassionate sweetie when he asked his wife to abort her baby since it wasn't his. 

Oh wait....what does compassionate mean again?

• Love 8

I still stand by my earlier statement that I want to see Felix randomly wander into the party just in time to get flattened by debris.

"Hey Bree, what's going on? I see Brad the Cad and Lucas are here. I'm sure they're judging me for my stance on monogamy but girl, call me old-fashioned but I know I have the moral high ground and by the way, how are you and Paaaatri - " (Felix is flattened by a steel beam)

• Love 8
She's [rosalie] another one who should be at this pathetic excuse for a party.  She's Michael goddamn assistant.

To piggy bank on that and get back to my annoyance of the night, Michael wouldn't just stand there and not defend Dante either after Luke's "fight" with him or not think that something else was up. He has no particular love for Luke. Again, the stupid, it burns.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8

Standing around and talking about what you're going to do is driving me crazy. Especially since you don't ever actually do it.

Empire was awesome. Lucious was like dude, you fucked with me, I'm killing you, pull trigger. Dead.

• Love 6

"Hey Bree, what's going on? I see Brad the Cad and Lucas are here. I'm sure they're judging me for my stance on monogamy but girl, call me old-fashioned but I know I have the moral high ground and by the way, how are you and Paaaatri - " (Felix is flattened by a steel beam)

[sarcasm font]Yeah, its too bad Felix couldn't have been more like Brad when he first showed up. After all, being a creepster with rapey overtones in his behavior has just done wonders for Franco's popularity.[/sarcasm font]

• Love 4

Oh, I think Brad was awful when he first showed up, and a very tacky sort of stereotype which the writers have only grudgingly, IMO, moved him away from (in rather slipshod fashion, but Parry Shen sells it). But I think Felix has become very far more unbearable.

• Love 4

We brought it up the day it was announced, which was I think the 10th. :)

LOL...well that makes sense why noone has been recently rejoicing!  I just found out about it on Sunday and it was like finding an extra Christmas present behind the couch.  Bless her heart, she is just NOT a good actress.

Edited by SomeJabroni
  • Love 1

There's no suspense to any of this because we know none of these characters will die. And we don't even need spoilers to tell us that.

They might not die...but they could be missing, and therefore gone from the soap and never come back. For Example, a big tidal wave could be caused by the explosion, and wash Hells and Luke off of the pier forevah. Or the bomb could "explode" like a weak champagne cork (my favorite scenario).

If Shawn had set up the bomb, all bets would be off, due to his infamous incompetence.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
There's no suspense to any of this

Between five guns blazing, two bombs ticking,  and one lethal injection threatened - this was one boring episode (and that doesn't include Fast forwarding through all of Sam's and Dante's scenes). 

• Love 2

[sarcasm font]Yeah, its too bad Felix couldn't have been more like Brad when he first showed up. After all, being a creepster with rapey overtones in his behavior has just done wonders for Franco's popularity.[/sarcasm font]

Are we forgetting Felix arm-twisting an uncomfortable Michael into seducing Brad so he could get the dirt on Britt's baby?  "Do it for Sabrina, who you don't know!"  Ugh.

Oh, I think Brad was awful when he first showed up, and a very tacky sort of stereotype which the writers have only grudgingly, IMO, moved him away from (in rather slipshod fashion, but Parry Shen sells it). But I think Felix has become very far more unbearable.

Exactly.  Like I said the other day, I should by all rights still hate Brad, but Perry Shen's performances and my overriding hatred of Felix have allowed me to turn the page.

• Love 4

So Brad has a soul now, basically? That didn't work the first time somebody tried to sell it to me.

Are we forgetting Felix arm-twisting an uncomfortable Michael into seducing Brad so he could get the dirt on Britt's baby?  "Do it for Sabrina, who you don't know!"  Ugh.

I'm not really going to debate who is better or worse. On a show like GH, where almost everybody's one kind of shit-ass or another, its like asking if gonorrhea is better than chlamydia. But let's at least not pretend that Brad started out awesome, because that never happened.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 4

I have no idea, but if hating Felix is wrong, I don't want to be right. He's just .... I did like when Jordan told him off once.

Examples of how to write a decent black gay man: Jamal on Empire. Then again, Empire>>>>>>GH because I think Timbaland produces it and we have cheap ass Uncle Frank, who discovered how to use grey paint 80 thousand ways.

• Love 2

As much as I hate that Monica likely won't be at the party for the AJ clinic, it's probably for the best that she isn't.  If Ron thought two seconds about her being there, he'd probably decide that it was time to kill her off, and it would be poignant, or some such shit, to off her at the party for the clinic named after her last dead child.  He'd probably kill her in the crapper.

Either that, or Sonny would save her, and she, Michael, and the rest of the town would kiss his ass. 

Monica is safer at home, getting her off-screen swirl on with her judge boyfriend. 

I'm also annoyed that they couldn't bother having Liz at the clinic party.  The show's efforts to make me forget all about Quiz will.  Not.  Work.

Maybe Audrey need the night off from baby-sitting the boys? ( Time to SORAS Cameron so that he can watch his brother)

I am just grateful that it looks like Nathan is going to save Dante and not Sonny.

Is there a freezer in the basement they can jump into to protect themselves from the ACME Corpse Bomb??

With 8 seconds they aren't going to clear the stairs, never mind the house. 

Oh, I did like Ava snarking to Franco, "no, we stopped for snacks."

She should have left him knocked the fuck out and shot him. 

I have no idea, but if hating Felix is wrong, I don't want to be right. He's just .... I did like when Jordan told him off once.

Examples of how to write a decent black gay man: Jamal on Empire. Then again, Empire>>>>>>GH because I think Timbaland produces it and we have cheap ass Uncle Frank, who discovered how to use grey paint 80 thousand ways.

I think it's the difference between Jamal being a character and Felix being a charicature. 

• Love 4

But let's at least not pretend that Brad started out awesome, because that never happened.

I don't think anyone's saying that.  Just that Parry Shen's likeable performances have helped turn Brad around and, if we must choose between Brad or Felix for Lucas to be stuck with, it's Brad all the way.

• Love 12
But let's at least not pretend that Brad started out awesome, because that never happened.

I don't think anyone's doing that. Brad was a sleazy predator, full stop. But the show is trying to move him away from that—the joke yesterday about him trying to seduce Michael and Michael being all "bygones!" indicates that, I think.

ETA: Or what TeeVee329 wrote.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

It's ridiculous.  She knows Dante, and she knows her father.  For today's scenario, she'd have to think that there are two possibilities:  Either Dante is acting wildly out of character, or her father is faking his end of the phone call.  Add in Luke destroying her phone and, oh yeah, her knowledge that someone was recently impersonating her father, and no little red flags have popped up here?  I know soap characters sometimes have to be a little less than on the ball for plot purposes, but this is way too far.  

I think it would have way more believable if Fluke had sent her a text from Dante's phone. Still sketchy, but a lot more believable than Lulu just buying that Dante is all of a sudden complaining to Luke - because they've always been so buddy-buddy - about her.

re: Brad, I forget, but he forced a kiss on Michael, right? Although I'm alright with Brad now because he's never done anything like that again (unless I'm missing something, quite possible) and he obviously felt sheepish and embarrassed yesterday about it. And he admitted it to Lucas, which indicates a level of shame about it. 

If the Haunted Star blows up (good-bye, former Regal Beagal of the lake sea), I hope Maxie finally starts running Crimson and Lulu is her partner.

• Love 3

re: Brad, I forget, but he forced a kiss on Michael, right?

I think the kiss happened during Michael's Felix prompted "seduction" of Brad.

I'm still honestly surprised Ron has had Brad express remorse about his actions when he first introduced, given how hilarious the show seemed to find them at the time.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
Ron Carlivatiþ@carlivatiron

The Haunted Star is set to explode! Will Ivy live or die? Oh and what about the rest of Port Charles? Watch @GeneralHospital & find out! #GH

I just may actually care more about whether Milo lives or dies.

• Love 8
Ron Carlivatiþ@carlivatiron

The Haunted Star is set to explode! Will Ivy live or die? Oh and what about the rest of Port Charles?

The rest of Port Charles: We know better than to go to fancy parties being attended by Spencers, Cassadines, and Quartermaines in February, you dig?

• Love 5

Hopefully he'll be decapitated.

And thus begins Ron's new story, where Lucas carries around Brad's decapitated head to provide sassy one-liners.  

I think it would have way more believable if Fluke had sent her a text from Dante's phone. Still sketchy, but a lot more believable than Lulu just buying that Dante is all of a sudden complaining to Luke - because they've always been so buddy-buddy - about her.

And even if she believes that Dante is really and truly that pissed at her, does she also think he's stupid now, too?  What man in his right mind would trash his wife to her father like that?  

• Love 4

LOL does he honestly think people give a shit about Ivy?

Ugh this all to service Sonny saving her and that prompting him being let out of prison. Utter bullshit. So enraging.

Who is Ivy?

I'm genuinely asking.

Okay after being MIA for a week I finally caught up. And LOL at TG and his "acting". I was so entertained yesterday that Nina was so calm b/c Fluke had already chewed up all the scenery...with a side of Dante(but I know he didn't have much to work with).

And of course as usual my det Special Kitty saves the day.

oh and Ava might die. Yay!

And even if she believes that Dante is really and truly that pissed at her, does she also think he's stupid now, too?  What man in his right mind would trash his wife to her father like that?

That reminds me, I do think Maxie wanted to go find Dante to help Lulu, but I also think she gave off the vibe that she also wanted to go because she was kinda bored, heh.

Who is Ivy?

Nik's date.

Edited by ulkis
Ya, I know Dante wants out of that basement real bad because ya know creepy skeleton(!!)...and no, okay also bomb(!!!) but...... if I was at all interested in proving my new theory to all of Port Charles and my wife Lulu who never believes me these days, wouldn't I also want to at least snatch a hair or snap a boney digit off creepy skeleton (last seen in the Halloween aisle at Walmart, btw) on my way out of the about to explode basement, as my proof that I am not a crazy cop spouting crazy theories?

Especially since he had a whole 7 seconds to do it in! (not sarcasm directed towards you, but the writers, who apparently think 7 seconds is fast enough to run up some basement stairs and out of the house. I'm going with my original theory that Nathan is Superman's son or something. I knew the resemblance meant something!)

(also lol at "my wife Lulu who never seems to believe me these days").

• Love 3

I'm going with my original theory that Nathan is Superman's son or something. I knew the resemblance meant something!)

I've always said he is special but I know ya'll take it as the alternate meaning "special". See I'm right he IS part superhuman(meaning part cat. heh)

• Love 1
If the Haunted Star blows up (good-bye, former Regal Beagal of the lake sea), I hope Maxie finally starts running Crimson and Lulu is her partner.

I really want this to happen. It wouldn't put Lulu out of Johnny's orbit—since they seem to want to use him as a spoiler, however mild—but it was a lot of fun to watch Maxie and Lulu work together, and Maxie isn't doing a damn thing these days. Her running Crimson is no more ridiculous than Michael being CEO of ELQ.

I just may actually care more about whether Milo lives or dies.

LOL does he honestly think people give a shit about Ivy?

Is there anyone on the boat that we're supposed to care about? Frankly, everyone on there could go boom and I wouldn't be too upset. There are people I wish would go boom who aren't on the boat (Franco, Nina, Sonny, to name but three), but there are so few people I truly care about these days.

And even if she believes that Dante is really and truly that pissed at her, does she also think he's stupid now, too?  What man in his right mind would trash his wife to her father like that?

And does Lulu really think Luke would want to get involved like that? If Lulu wanted to talk to him, he'd listen, but he's not going to give Dante that kind of attention.

That reminds me, I do think Maxie wanted to go find Dante to help Lulu, but I also think she gave off the vibe that she also wanted to go because she was kinda bored, heh.

I got that feeling, too. "Lulu, this party is a drag. Too many downer speeches. Wanna find your husband instead?"

• Love 3

I'm not really going to debate who is better or worse. On a show like GH, where almost everybody's one kind of shit-ass or another, its like asking if gonorrhea is better than chlamydia. But let's at least not pretend that Brad started out awesome, because that never happened.

Nobody's doing that. I think Felix started out pretty fun and likeable (to me, anyway) and become sanctimonious and unbearable, whereas Brad took the opposite track. I frankly don't think the writing did enough to make that hard shift on Brad out of nowhere the way they did after how horrible he started out, but I think most of this show is underwritten. And I think the writers have been pissy and ambivalent about it the whole time because they fully intended to throw Brad back under the train for Felix and Lucas, but for whatever various reasons it ended up not panning out the way they originally planned, and thanks to Parry Shen's talent and chemistry with Ryan Carnes here we are. So yeah, I've come to like Brad for how he evolved, mostly thanks to the actor. No one's asking you to buy into it, but it's my opinion and that's probably why, especially after the Patrick/Sabrina not-wedding and the way he handled the Robin issue, I'd sooner see Felix killed by a steel beam.

• Love 9
but it was a lot of fun to watch Maxie and Lulu work together, and Maxie isn't doing a damn thing these days. Her running Crimson is no more ridiculous than Michael being CEO of ELQ.

Indeed, it's less ridiculous actually, since we saw her working at it for years. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I've always said he is special but I know ya'll take it as the alternate meaning "special". See I'm right he IS part superhuman(meaning part cat. heh)

I thought Duke was the one who was part cat.

I think Felix started out pretty fun and likeable (to me, anyway) and become sanctimonious and unbearable, whereas Brad took the opposite track. I frankly don't think the writing did enough to make that hard shift on Brad out of nowhere the way they did after how horrible he started out, but I think most of this show is underwritten.

I do agree with you that most of the characters are way underwritten, and with a cast this large that's an amazing feat. And not amazing in a good way. But it's just another sign that Ron is a shitty writer/showrunner that he's trying to make Brad not suck now when he started him out like he was just a hair away from being a literal rapist, and that Felix was sanctimonious and unbearable instead of just being a relatively decent human being. It plays into the trope of "All good guys are either idiots or self-righteous prigs or hypocrites, or all three at once", and I've never liked that trope. (Hi, Anna and Dante!) Beyond that, I'm still holding things against certain characters that happened years ago, (Sonny) or happened when a totally different actor was in the role (Carly). I'm certainly not going to let someone as insignificant as Brad break my streak. And that's my last word on the subject. Really. :-)

• Love 1

But it's just another sign that Ron is a shitty writer/showrunner that he's trying to make Brad not suck now when he started him out like he was just a hair away from being a literal rapist, and that Felix was sanctimonious and unbearable instead of just being a relatively decent human being. It plays into the trope of "All good guys are either idiots or self-righteous prigs or hypocrites, or all three at once", and I've never liked that trope.

I completely agree with you about the overall issue with how they treat good guys, and I think it's a huge problem with the show and with Ron's prior writing on That Other Television Program. But I think the difference is that with Brad and Felix, at first, they were following a more conventional narrative. Felix was RC's show avatar and a root-for character in his first year-plus on the show, presented as a funny, decent guy we were supposed to root for while Brad was this creep, then a recovering creep. The audience is clearly supposed to ask, 'when oh when will a good man come along for Felix?' But pretty soon a lot of people soured on him, even as they kept pushing, especially after the way he handled the Patrick/Sabrina debacle.

Then they brought Lucas in, and at first they still clearly intended for Brad to be the obstacle for Lucas and Felix - Brad was being presented as still shady, still weak and conniving, and Lucas is the good man, Felix's romantic reward. Brad was also following the usual Ron Carlivati track, which often is: "No one ever really changes or wants something different. If you have done bad in your past or were part of an '80s supercouple, you will always revert back to old type, stories do not change."

When they lost interest in the Felix character (and possibly saw the chemistry between Ryan Carnes and Parry Shen), though, they ended it there. So I personally don't think what happened with Felix and Brad was a case of the usual lazy GH approach to 'edgy' characters, because Brad has a) been defanged and b) is barely on at all. If Brad was a) not gay and b) not Asian maybe he would be pulling in the Franco/Nina/Julian airtime. Here, though, they just decided they liked another actor more, and like many things RC, lost interest with another. So there's a lot of big problems to choose from here, I agree with you, but to me the way this panned out is an entirely different one.

I really want this to happen. It wouldn't put Lulu out of Johnny's orbit—since they seem to want to use him as a spoiler, however mild—but it was a lot of fun to watch Maxie and Lulu work together, and Maxie isn't doing a damn thing these days. Her running Crimson is no more ridiculous than Michael being CEO of ELQ.

It's a little more ridiculous, let's be honest. This is Maxie. But I agree I would rather see them there.

• Love 1