Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

....Someone says something that triggers Kiki's disapproval reflex, she pulls a particularly heinous troll-face, catches her own reflection in the mirror and is forever turned to stone.

.......She is insistent on instructing Avery on proper binky technique, puts it in her own mouth to demonstrate, somehow manages to swallow it and chokes to death.

..... She checks into a room at the Metro Court, and suffers a fatal skull fracture when Carly explodes into the room to denounce her for serial brother-riding and unavoidably smacks Kiki's big giant head with the opening door.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 5
This news is fantastic! But I'd be lying if I didn't say I would much rather it had been RoHo.

Hey, this could be the beginning of mass of cast cuts. Dare I dream that we get rid of, not only RoHo, but also Michelle Stafford, Michael Easton, Teresa Castillo, Maura West and basically anyone RC has hired in the past few years. I see potential for a pared down cast, going back to core families and taking place mostly at, I don't know, the actual hospital for which the show is named.

The best news would be to get new show runners who actually give a shit about the fans.

And I also want a pony!

• Love 1

I don't think we'll be lucky enough for Kiki to die. Maybe she'll go back to college. I don't really care as long as she's gone. I do think this means Silas/ME will exit sooner rather than later. Probably MW/Ava as well. So when Sonny is inevitably released from prison, he'll have another girlchild to ignore…I mean, take care of by treating her like property.

• Love 3

Why are we assuming Kiki is dead? It just said KA is out. They could easily recast.

I'm the cold, dark yang to your happy white, shiny yin.

Meh. My biggest problem with Kiki is everything KA does in the role, the actual writing for the character isn't as heinous as it is for many other current characters and there isn't the added sting of OOC plot-point writing because she doesn't have an established character beyond loud-mouthed know-it-all moocher. I would miss seeing an amusing on-screen death if they recast and as well, the cast is too big and trimming it could somewhat amend some of Ron's pacing issues.

• Love 1
They should kill her, but they won't.

I agree, and I can't see them recasting, either. KA is a favorite of Frank and Ron, but Lauren is useless to the canvas. She doesn't even need an exit story, IMO. She lifts right out! /Friends

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

Great news about KA, now Easton has to follow suit.

Wow.  This can't be good news for the OLTL3.  While I find Kiki extremely annoying, out of all 3 of them she's the one who was best integrated into the cast.  She's a Jerome, she's dated both of Sonny's boychildren, she's basically the only female in the 18-25 age bracket, etc.  I thought for sure they'd hang in with the OLTL3 at least until the PP litigation settled.  Guess not.  If I were ME, I'd be very nervous right about now.  His only real story--Sam--barely remembers he's alive.  They broke up to usher in the woman playing Nina, who moved almost immediately out of his orbit and also seems barely to remember she's technically still married to him.  His nephew is dead, his daughter is on her way out.  OUCH.

The only one of the three who can't be feeling slightly sick at the moment is RoHo.  Not because I think Franco is long for the show but because he's spent the better part of the last year looking like getting fired would be a relief.  So, good luck to him with that now.

I wonder if something happened with PP.  Like, maybe they just found out that they were never getting it back.

• Love 3
If I were ME, I'd be very nervous right about now.

He's got his graphic novels and that stuff. I can also see him doing Hallmark-type movies were he interested. (I don't mean that as a slam. He's got the right look and vibe for those.)

• Love 2

Did anyone else hear the FOJ crack in Friday's show? I can't remember the line now, but I swear someone said something. Maybe Carly did, saying it stood for Friend Of Jake. Whatever it was, it sounded petty.

• Love 2

He's got his graphic novels and that stuff. I can also see him doing Hallmark-type movies were he interested. (I don't mean that as a slam. He's got the right look and vibe for those.)

Bless poor ME, who I can't hate because I thought he was hot when he was 20whatever and I was 12 and my friends and I watched DOOL during summer breaks, but the man is not a a very good actor.  Also, however old he is, he looks it (and more).  I adored McBain, but Silas was never more than just okay to me, and he hasn't even been that in at least a year.  Time to pull the plug if we can't have McBain back.  I hope he's saved some money during his long career.  The market for aged soap stars seems hugely oversaturated at this point.

Edited by Rancide
  • Love 2

Watch, we're all happy (most of us at least) about Kristen and it turns out GH is cancelled next week or something lol. Whatever, I will take it.

I'll take that chance!

I think ME is very fired or "choosing to exit". But I also thought he'd go before Kristen. I thought both the men would, I thought she would be the tiny, nagging barnacle they refused to give up because the character is just so utterly negligible and inconsequential. Now it seems clear that Roger Howarth is their Waterloo.

I also don't think they have the clout at this point to bring them all back as OLTL characters. This thing has been too much of a disaster. You might be able to make a case for one or two of them at some point in the next two years, but I think the audience is beyond over it and the numbers (and more importantly, the network) are too. I'm sure they'll try it in some way if and when they can, but I'm not sure they'll get far. They killed that golden goose.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

Did anyone else hear the FOJ crack in Friday's show? I can't remember the line now, but I swear someone said something. Maybe Carly did, saying it stood for Friend Of Jake. Whatever it was, it sounded petty.

It was Sonny, referring to Johnny's goons as "Friends of Johnny."

• Love 2

Maybe Kiki will be taken like Robin to get a joooooob. The horrors!

Look I don't want to rain on the parade... But I have a sickening feeling this will lead to Devastation! Franco... Because if something does happen to her, no way is Ron passing that up as much as the PP lawsuit guidelines allow.

The real reason that KIKI is leaving is that she couldn't bear to get a JOB! Peace out, Keeks!

So who is going to raise Baby Big Head (Avery) now?

ABC (anyone but Carly), she doesn't pay attention to the kids she has so she doesn't deserve another one.

• Love 1

Now what will the Nurse's Ball entertainment be? A week of Dr. O singing to Nathan, Nathan rubbing oil on his chest to bad 80s songs, Kelly Monaco cringing to a bad 90s song, Spencer kid stuttering through a Drake song, Molly does Taylor Swift, TJ does something like N Sync or Beiber, and then Maxie falls a lot on stage. Can Johnny play piano at least?

• Love 2

At the rate the show is going next years Ball will in the prison yard where most of the cast is, so I guess we'll be getting Richard Simmons back for a workout-themed music video.

...and if Johnny is playing piano, I'll probably watch.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 3

I've read that Julian asked who the thugs in the prison yard are and Sonny replied, "FOJs.  Friends of Johnny."

• Love 1

boes, I'm sending you a bullet of love. The shot is awesome.

Maybe they will dust Brad off for the NB. I'm assuming he's been watching GG on a loop all this time back in the locker room of GH?

SMH, my first thought was why is Brad watching "Gilmore Girls". Then I remembered Ron's fascination with "Golden Girls". Sigh, a few missed episodes can really clear the mind of some of Ron's repetitive dreck.

• Love 1
 Do you object to Bobbie, an olds, having ever-hot sex in general or having ever-hot sex with Scott? Scott is the problem IMO, not Bobbie's age.
I love Kin Shriner, I'd like to see him and Heather get it on the way they used to (1983).  Scott was very sensuous with his women when he was taken seriously.

I don't object to anyone having sex, love and romance on this stupid show.  I grew up with these people, anything they do is like a friend doing it.  I'd like to see Tracy have a real romance like she did with that mobster man.   I'd give anything to see Luke and Laura make out like there's no tomorrow.  Sorry, I know some here find that visual too visual and too gross to handle.

Bobbie's got too much pillowy stuff in her face so I can't concentrate on the acting as much as I'd like to but I'm really so happy that she's on the show.

• Love 2

Cue a love song to Sam. This year's Nurse's Ball sponsored by Barf Buckets.

Ew, I hope not. Unless Sam gets to laugh and laugh.

They'll probably do a duet instead and be onstage when Robin makes an appearance after escaping her latest captors (by then Evil!Clone!Spencer will have had her for three months). Jakeson will also be there wanting to talk to Sam because Carly trying to mate with him caused him to remember his life as Jason Morgan as he ran away screaming.

I will miss Britt rocking out to a Brad number.

• Love 4

Jackie did a pretty good job on Friday. Since the worst of her plastic surgeries she has often been overly mannered and cutesy, either trying to overcompensate or just struggling overall with her new features, but she mostly was very affecting in the scenes at the house, clearly overcome. It helped that her face looked a lot better.

The moment when she disgustedly flicked the dropcloth over her father's chair just said it all.  No dialogue needed.

Playing the Pat/Bill linkage out, you can even hypothetically postulate that both Bill and Luke are in fact Pat's twin sons

Back in the day, families with teenage daughters who got pregnant used to pass off the resulting offspring as the young lady's much-younger siblings.  (This happened to Jack Nicholson, he was raised to believe his mother was his sister).  So I can see a setup where Pat got in trouble by some neighborhood boy or other denizen of Port Charles, and one of her children was given up for adoption while the other was passed off as her "younger brother".

Great news about KA, now Easton has to follow suit.

As far as I am concerned, Easton can stay.  He plays a doctor and so therefore shores up the hospital end of things, which remains badly in need of story focus, and he is the only one of the OLTL3 that has integrated well onto the canvas.  If it were up to me, Howarth would go before Easton.

Hey, this could be the beginning of mass of cast cuts. Dare I dream that we get rid of, not only RoHo, but also Michelle Stafford, Michael Easton, Teresa Castillo, Maura West and basically anyone RC has hired in the past few years. I see potential for a pared down cast, going back to core families and taking place mostly at, I don't know, the actual hospital for which the show is named.

I remain leery of any potential cast cuts, because there are just too many factors that would push TPTB to cut vets and legacy characters instead of newbies, not to mention their own inclinations.

Why are we assuming Kiki is dead? It just said KA is out. They could easily recast.

I really wouldn't mind if they recast the role of Kiki, as long as it was filled by an actress who could actually act.

They'll probably do a duet instead and be onstage when Robin makes an appearance after escaping her latest captors (by then Evil!Clone!Spencer will have had her for three months).

Patrick and Sam will announce the joyous news that they are expecting twin boys...

... and then Robin walks in.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 2

As far as I am concerned, Easton can stay.  He plays a doctor and so therefore shores up the hospital end of things, 

He's a doctor?  Could have fooled me, considering mostly he's been acting like John McBain Lite as Ava's sidekick.

• Love 5

On the barge, but that reminds me...has anyone remembered yet that Lucas is a doctor? Does he still have no job at all? And if so, how freaking weird is that?

A while ago now, Lucas revealed that he had indeed finished medical school and Bobbie and Brad bugged him about asking Dr. O for a job.  There's spoilers for next week that

Michael asks Lucas to run the clinic he's opening in AJ's honor.

• Love 3

Everyone looked at me like I was a goddamn lunatic when I kept insisting they'd said he wanted to be a doctor or had gone off to med school like nine years ago, but time and fate bore me out! I'm still 75% sure I didn't imagine it!

• Love 7