Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Of course! Don't you remember that Abby the not-stripper made him an amazing lover?  /kidding

I vote for the baby being named Jane.  No "honoring" any dead people, no naming after family, just Jane. 

My biggest regret about the return of Jason is the very high potential for this thread to turn in to a Sam v. Liz war (or possibly Liz v. Carly or Sam v. Carly, or all three).  Do not want.  I love y'all, and of course everyone has a right to their opinion and this is a place that all opinions are welcome*, but Sam v. Liz seems to be something that people have especially strong feelings about and I've seen it get ugly.  And I really hate that the show/ the writing sets things up to make it a fight between two women, over and over and over again.  

*No one has even yelled at me for liking Spencer, so you know it's an inclusive place!

I wanted Sonny to go to jail for two reasons: 1) he's never paid any significant price for all his terrible deeds, and 2) I really want him off my screen for a while.  Instead, we have Sonny in jail apparently about to school Johnny (not possible in real life - Johnny would destroy him!), and we have at 1/3 of the show being somehow related to Sonny, if not actually showing Sonny.  And I am sure Sonny's going to get out of jail in the next 2-3 weeks.  I am so disappointed.

I think it will be a bit longer than that. Not much longer, but a little bit.

• Love 1
I think the most annoying thing about the Sonny's In Jail storyline is the complete negation of his super-traumatic claustrophobia, that he and his Brenda bots and other supporters went on and on and ON about for years, that Sonny couldn't POSSIBLY go to jail because it would just KILL HIM, that it's a complete non-factor now.

I don't really think it is a non-factor. He seems really unkept, sweating and a little panicked at times , plus I think Carly mentioned it and he said he's on meds that help him. So not like it was completely swept under the rug. But also, manipulative people will play up small issues into big deals to try and get out of punishment, so it seems kind of the point that something that was used to try and keep him free really isn't as big an issue as it was made out to be.

What Cattitude said. Plus, under Carlivati, they've really downplayed Deke/claustrophobia, I think to make Sonny seem less of a wimp probably. Johnny mentioning Deke the other day was I'm pretty sure the first time he's ever been mentioned since Ron started writing. 

• Love 2
Plus, under Carlivati, they've really downplayed Deke/claustrophobia, I think to make Sonny seem less of a wimp probably.

That's one thing Carlivati has done right. Both of those things have been badly overused. At this point in his life, Sonny's actions are all on him, despite his insistence on blaming other people. At least he's now blaming people who haven't been dead for decades. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

I like Spencer too.  I love how much he exasperates Nikolas and I love his melodrama.  Not a fan of the kiddie quad, though.  I loved his relationship with Britt - I am a sucker for non-biological bonds like that.  A part of me did wish he did go with Britt, then he could returned all SORAS'ed.

Sad to see Britt go, I enjoyed her quite a bit.  I hope she gets to get away from Faison ASAP.  I don't read spoilers so I was mildly expecting/wishing that Britt was going to stay because of Nathan getting shot, even if she ended up in jail.  I'm surprised, now that they have a prison set, the RC didn't want to do a whole Orange is the New Black sl: Britt, Ava, Carly, Nina all in jail. I wonder if Franco will do a stint and be put in with Sonny.  Ha.  They deserve each other.

I honestly didn't mind the Nina/Franco scenes, thanks to that baby.  So cute.  I hope she's Morgan's.  But gah, get them away from Kiki, she's horrible. 

• Love 1

I loved his relationship with Britt

I didn't like how the two of them used their relationship to scam Nik (but Nik is a terrible father and a dolt, so...you reap what you sow), but I think there's a story for Spencer not having a mother and glomming on whomever Nik is seeing at the moment. But as usual, for that story to work, it would need nuanced and sensitive writing, neither of which Ron does.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

That's one thing Carlivati has done right. Both of those things have been badly overused. At this point in his life, Sonny's actions are all on him, despite his insistence on blaming other people. At least he's now blaming people who haven't been dead for decades. 

This is one aspect that we'll never see with MB around, but I'm hoping they would touch with Sonny: his claustophobia is all BS, and Deke was more afraid of him has a demon spawn child that he was locked up to protect Deke and Adela from Sonny, with the "Deke is a bad cop and abusive father" thing as an invention of Sonny's psyche.

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 5

I didn't like how the two of them used their relationship to scam Nik (but Nik is a terrible father and a dolt, so...you reap what you sow), but I think there's a story for Spencer not having a mother and glomming on whomever Nik is seeing at the moment. But as usual, for that story to work, it would need nuanced and sensitive writing, neither of which Ron does.

I think there was also more to play with Britt longing not just for Nikolas, but for a family, and with her lingering maternal feelings after what happened with Ben.  But like you said, that would have involved more nuance and less Spencer shenanigans so clearly Ron was not interested.

• Love 4

I think there was also more to play with Britt longing not just for Nikolas, but for a family, and with her lingering maternal feelings after what happened with Ben.

Absolutely. Britt leaving is such a waste. I was really getting into her character and thought KT was just getting better. Not to mention her chem with Nathan, Dr.O. Britt could have went places. Typical GH and yet we still have theNina and countless other pschyos on the canvas. Britt was chaotic good I think. Maybe she'll show up again, who knows...

• Love 3
I just don't see Jason as a "prize" worth fighting over at all.

There we go, fixed it for ya.

Women have been throwing themselves at this guy for decades, literally, it's way past time for it to stop. I actually am glad to see Sam thinking the worst of Jake because god knows as soon as she realizes that he's really Jason, at least supposedly, she'll have her lips glued to his smug ass half a second later.

Oh and she'll probably be sobbing and apologizing constantly, just like the good ol' days.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

This is one aspect that we'll never see with MB around, but I'm hoping they would touch with Sonny: his claustophobia is all BS, and Deke was more afraid of him has a demon spawn child that he was locked up to protect Deke and Adela from Sonny, with the "Deke is a bad cop and abusive father" thing as an invention of Sonny's psyche.

I've wanted this for years.  

• Love 5

Someone needs to remind the writers that having Carly rant about how she can't believe she slept with the SERIAL KILLER who got her son raped and who terrorized her family doesn't excuse or really explain why she did it in the first place. 

But hey, at least she remembered Morgan exists.  It really bums me out that the only person Morgan seems to have to rely on is Kiki the Terrible.

Not that I'm dying to see more of Sabrina and Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos, but last we saw them, she was happily hugging him, right?  But now we find out that off-screen she refused to take him back?  That's the kinda stuff that should be on-screen, Ron.

Ten bucks says the baby's "slight ear infection" turns into some kind of soap baby illness by week's end.

Someone needs to put Olivia in time-out because she was acting like a five-year-old.  And another freakin' dream sequence, so sick of them.

What was with that moronic guard just letting Franco and Nina chat through the bars? 

• Love 4

There we go, fixed it for ya.

Women have been throwing themselves at this guy for decades, literally, it's way past time for it to stop. I actually am glad to see Sam thinking the worst of Jake because god knows as soon as she realizes that he's really Jason, at least supposedly, she'll have her lips glued to his smug ass half a second later.

Oh and she'll probably be sobbing and apologizing constantly, just like the good ol' days.

Let's just call a spade a spade. He's probably a pretty good lay . But you just don't go marrying your fuckbuddy, Sex and the City has entire episodes on this.

Anyhoo just popped in to make sure all your heads haven't exploded yet, I'm over here on the Barge in Mary Mae's Parlour of Peace drinking a Mojito and thinking of y'all.

It's worth watching for Morgan's stupidity alone. Honestly after that episode I'm not confident that Morgan even knows what a diaper is.

Gold.

*orders ticket to barge*

Grrrrrl. I bought your ticket last year. Ordered you a double Mojito too.

Edited by slayer2

The last time TG was good was when JJ was on the show. Those 2 together are always good. But yeah, TG doesn't even try anymore.

So Carly goes and sees Franco before the baby, her potential grand kid, what a surprise. 

Nina calling Ava out was amusing. 

Olivia was funny. Alexis does not deserve Ned.

It's nice to see Julian actually walk away from Alexis for once. I'm so tired of her wishy washy act and going back and forth about her feelings. Now if only his infatuation with her would finally dry up and he could go and find another lovely lady to romance, like say...Jordan.

Oh that chubby cheeked angel was on full display yet again. She is too precious, I loved how she was grabbing at Byran's nose as if she couldn't believe it was real.

Yet again Morgan gets to play the part of "duh?" in a scene. Honestly how much clearer did Silas have to be with him?

But then Carly got in on the act, proving Morgan apparently got a double whammy of dummy from both his parents. She'd only be related to the baby if it were Morgan's, making her grandma, otherwise if the baby were Sonny's then she'd have no relation.

It's a wonder Silas just didn't stop talking and shook his head as he walked out of the room, marveling at their ineptitude.

• Love 4

I've wanted this for years.  

That's what Taggart seemed to think was up.

She barely raised the ones she has now.

In her defense Morgan is a demon spawn. I imagine raising him would be the equivalent of raising Moloch at least her side has Spencer blood to even things out and Joss of course (aside from being the daughter of awesome, mindnumbing hotness) is corn.

I think Michael is coming along nicely.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

No way does Sonny out-muscle Johnny, show.  Stop trying to make me believe it.

If Kiki said "in your arms" one more time, I was going to rip my tv off the wall and drown it in the bathtub.  And that baby better not be Sonny's, especially if she ends up with a Very Serious Health Problem (symptoms: mild ear infection) and only Sonny can save her and so he bargains his way out of prison.  What I would really like is for the DNA tests to come back showing that Morgan is not actually Sonny's son.  They retcon everything else on this show, why not that?  Even better, what if he's not even *Carly's* son??  Switched at birth or something. What?  A girl can dream!

Where is Michael with all his rage?  I miss him.​

• Love 8

Nina had a point about Ava.She has crossed a line Nina hasn't, so she shouldn't get to play downtroden heroin.

Also, from watching the previews, Jakseon reminds me of a blonde Joey Tribbiani...same hair style, same sort of mouth, bug eyes and beefy build. Its quite uncanny-

• Love 4

I wonder if anyone will yell at me for liking Carly lol.

As someone who has loathed Carly from the second she caromed into town eight hundred years ago, I admire the tenacity of anyone who can find something likable about her. I don't understand it, but I respect it. :-)

I think Michael is coming along nicely.

Compared to what, though? Look at his competition. And Michael still ended up being with Kaka, who is exactly like Carly in a lot of ways. If he's coming along nicely, it's despite Carly, not because of her.

• Love 3

Question: So that lady at the restaurant isn't Ava's next of kin?

Isn't that her real mom? Why isn't she allowed to make decisions?

I found it funny Kiwisabi provided an entire brief of a previous court case to solidify her position..

I actually like Ava and Nina's interactions, especially when they are trying to one up each other.

For some reason when Nina was wailing her arms through the bars trying to get at Franco I kept thinking about "The Walking Dead" zombies arms always trying to get out of buildings..it looked the same <shrugs>

Delia gave up Ava for adoption so she severed all legal rights to her. Ava reconnected with her Jerome side legally apparently but not Delia.

• Love 1

Before Carly sent Morgan off to military school, he was a bright young man. I used to love him with Molly.

He had such a great relationship with Dante, too.  I used to love them together.  Now it seems like they casually cross paths a few times a year and that's it.

• Love 1

Someone needs to remind the writers that having Carly rant about how she can't believe she slept with the SERIAL KILLER who got her son raped and who terrorized her family doesn't excuse or really explain why she did it in the first place. 

I don't hate Carly as much as other people, but she was freakin' intolerable today. It was the 10th time she whined about not believing she slept with Franco while sounding like she didn't blame herself one tiny iota. I would say she and Franco deserve each other, but I already sat through that shit.

Morgan was so adorable with the baby. Freaking Kiki was really close to ruining it though.

Camera shot right up the Staff's nose is not flattering to the poor woman.

Someone needs to put Olivia in time-out because she was acting like a five-year-old.  And another freakin' dream sequence, so sick of them.

Seriously. I thought the "cold fish" line was really nasty of her. She did look fantastic though.

What was with that moronic guard just letting Franco and Nina chat through the bars?

So we could feel for Nina as she was being torn away from Franco I guess.

I feel bad for thinking today's episode was so boring because for once the scene sequences were a decent length.

• Love 3

Question: So that lady at the restaurant isn't Ava's next of kin?

Actually in the real world the child would be in foster care and the decision tree is spouse, parent, adult child, then aunts/uncles in birth order. So really Kiki as Ava's adult child should be the one who could make a decision(since Delia isn't her legal mother), but of course the state should be able to make a decision first...whatever show.

In fairness Ava could also designate someone to have custody of the baby, but then again the answer would still be Kiki.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 1

Morgan being Alcazar's kid might be cool, if we get Ted King back to yell at her for being so terrible. I'll take a symposium. Public forum. Whatever. Skye can be there too. Or maybe Sonny never existed and the past twenty years are a symptom of Carly being in the hospital after Micheal was in the hospital or hell Jason post crash.

There is no Michael. There is no Morgan. There is no Sonny. There is no Kiki. The Matrix is broken.

God this show blows.

• Love 1

I don't hate Carly as much as other people, but she was freakin' intolerable today. It was the 10th time she whined about not believing she slept with Franco while sounding like she didn't blame herself one tiny iota. I would say she and Franco deserve each other, but I already sat through that shit.

The vitriol/threats she was spewing at Franco today were the sort of stuff she SHOULD have been saying to him the second she laid eyes on him once he returned to town, not after screwing/nearly marrying the psycho.  You know, if Ron had actually written her in character.

• Love 8

Someone needs to remind the writers that having Carly rant about how she can't believe she slept with the SERIAL KILLER who got her son raped and who terrorized her family doesn't excuse or really explain why she did it in the first place.

I'm not sure Carly can explain it. I won't buy the "he's the closest thing I had to Jason" reason, but that's me. 

I liked dayplayer guard and his "you two work out your crazy yourselves" to Ava and Nina. Hee. That's the sensible reaction to most of what happens on this show: "Include me out!" And LOL that he's also the guard for Franco. (Not that I'm surprised.)

LiLoC must be starting to show, as she's holding things in front of her belly. Her face is fuller.

I hate those square plates they're using at the MetroCourt restaurant. I hate them IRL, too. 

The makeup job for Sonny's bruises is quite good. 

Someone needs to put Olivia in time-out because she was acting like a five-year-old.

That was some Olympic levels of passive-aggression.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

The vitriol/threats she was spewing at Franco today were the sort of stuff she SHOULD have been saying to him the second she laid eyes on him once he returned to town, not after screwing/nearly marrying the psycho.  You know, if Ron had actually written her in character.

But their totes amazeballs chemistry! It trumps all! It is the stuff soap writers dream of!! (Or dream up, as the case may be.) Everyone is a complete Philistine for not seeing HOW AMAZING THEY WERE!! [/Ron temper tantrum]

• Love 7

Aw crap, Ron is about to pull some biological shenanigans with Morgan isn't he?

The easiest story would be that the police found the wrong child when Faith kidnapped all the kiddies, but that isn't complicated enough for Ron. So I bet, despite having been born on screen, we'll find out that off-screen Robin stole someone else's egg and sperm and secretly implanted them in Carly. He could be a Brenda/Luis baby, or any two people for that matter.

I liked Olivia's fantasy sequence and Ava taunting Nina.

BC needs to never point his the top of his head towards the camera.

ETA: I can definitely see Ron having Carlyle stab, though unfortunately not kill, Franco so that he can get her in prison with Ava and Nina. And then they'll have Heather transfered to that facility and play those four together.

Also, I don't know if its just the lighting for the prison yard scenes, but Brandon and Mo both looked like their hair had gone gray since last week.

Edited by Tiger

Aw crap, Ron is about to pull some biological shenanigans with Morgan isn't he?

The easiest story would be that the police found the wrong child when Faith kidnapped all the kiddies, but that isn't complicated enough for Ron. So I bet, despite having been born on screen, we'll find out that off-screen Robin stole someone else's egg and sperm and secretly implanted them in Carly. He could be a Brenda/Luis baby, or any two people for that matter.

I liked Olivia's fantasy sequence and Ava taunting Nina.

BC needs to never point his the top of his head towards the camera.

ETA: I can definitely see Ron having Carlyle stab, though unfortunately not kill, Franco so that he can get her in prison with Ava and Nina. And then they'll have Heather transfered to that facility and play those four together.

Also, I don't know if its just the lighting for the prison yard scenes, but Brandon and Mo both looked like their hair had gone gray since last week.

I would watch those scenes especially if Dr. O joins them there.

Delia gave up Ava for adoption so she severed all legal rights to her. Ava reconnected with her Jerome side legally apparently but not Delia.

I thought Delia kept Ava but didn't tell her who her father was until Ava was an adult? I may have remembered wrong, I tend to forget Delia's scenes almost immediately after they air.

• Love 1
I thought Delia kept Ava but didn't tell her who her father was until Ava was an adult? I may have remembered wrong, I tend to forget Delia's scenes almost immediately after they air.

I admit my attention span when it comes to paternity on this show is rather...low. I thought she'd been given up because when Sam and Silas went looking for Delia it seemed that Delia was referred as her "birth mother" and it seemed that Ava was an adult before she and Delia ever crossed paths. But perhaps I am recalling it wrong.

I find it extremely hard to believe that no one has murdered Franco in his jail cell by now.

He has to make it to prison so that Sonny and Johnny can have a chance at him is what I'm assuming, and all in the name of Carly of course.

Can't you just see Franco barking at them what a "lying, cheating whore" Carly is while Johnny's goons hold him down and Johnny and Sonny take turns kicking the shit out of him while declaring Carly the bestest woman in the world and he never deserved to kiss her boots.

I can already feel the need to drink coming on...

Edited by CPP83

I find it extremely hard to believe that no one has murdered Franco in his jail cell by now.

I find it hard to believe that anyone is still watching this show! :D

TFGH has turned from appointment television to background noise for me. There is nothing at all holding my interest, nothing.

I just can't care about anything on this show anymore.

• Love 1

It would be kind of neat if Ron is ripping away all of Sonny's Children: Morgan turns out to be Alcazar's : Kristina really is Ned's and the Baby is Morgan's. It would be fun and would open the door to more romantic possibilities since far too many of the 20 set links to Sonny...Hmm we could revisit Michael/Kristina, because there was mad chemistry there when Lexi played her, then again Lexi had chemistry with the couch.

• Love 5

I thought Carly didn't meet Alcazar until she was already pregnant.  Not that that would stop Ron.

But didn't Ric trick Carly into thinking Morgan was a WTD baby between him and Sonny?  A rape-y retcon by Ron would not be a shock.

Edited by TeeVee329

Nina had a point about Ava.She has crossed a line Nina hasn't, so she shouldn't get to play downtroden heroin.

Ava had a point about Nina.  The only reason Nina herself isn't a murderer is because she got lucky.  She thought she killed Madeline and didn't give a rat's ass.  Nina intended to cross that line so I don't think she gets to take the moral high ground.  I'm not defending Ava killing Connie; I'm just saying Nina isn't any better.

Also, am I the only one that thinks Franco slipped Nina something through the bars today?

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Love 8