Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Are we going to have a month long Thanksgiving ending on Christmas eve?

But of course, this way there can be another big, dumb, ridiculous "real" Luke reveal which can involve him being packaged in a box with wrapping paper and a bow, everything.

We all must know that Ron has to have a great Christmas surprise/miracle in store for us...

Why am I still watching!?

I blame Ron, brainwashing.

• Love 2
All I've gotten from the Nina/Franco scenes today is a lingering curiosity as to whether the walls in that cabin were made of styrofoam.  It looked like they were sitting in the middle of a gigantic, dirty cooler.

Read the warning on pg. 137 in the GH Manual  (Guide to the Suckers Still Watching this TV show about the Mob).  Viewers who focus on the scenery of a set have a 47.5% reasonable probability of more likely than not sending a signal from their brain to their index finger to press down on the FF key during those scenes.

16 more months of Nina.  That actress looks pissed that the kid is stealing her limelight.  It appears to me (YMMV) that Ava, Julian and Nik are putting some effort into their crafts.  It's too bad that they couldn't have brought Jeromes siblings in to play the roles of Doctors.  Instead we got Sabrina and Felix to boost up the medical staff at the hospital (which is probably being used for the prison sets or NLG's new talk show).

Meanwhile, the fruit loops killer and the NO ONE CARES actress along with Silas and Kiki are featured this week and are sleepwalking through their scenes.  Must be nice to have secure jobs - especially in the acting profession.  

• Love 4

You're right, Lucy comes across as thirsty too. Thirstier, cause it's Toonces-the-can't-drive-cat-Duke who she's lusting after. I just have slightly higher expectations of Olivia.

A) I thought Toonces was SWMNBM's other "affectionate" nickname. I prefer to think of Duke as Samurai Cat.

and B) Olivia stopped having standards the first time she let Sonny touch her, and that was before we ever even met her. I like her, kind of, but being Sonny's first baby mama means she's never been exacting.

• Love 1
Poor Ava being saddled with his ass.

Yet without him it'd be her ass hung out to dry.

She's burned every single bridge to people who might help her at this point. Carrrrlosss was sold up the river and is still incarcerated. apparently she sees no reason to try and contact Julian for help or assistance any longer, her daughter is Kiki...enough said, and Morgan apparently doesn't give a damn if she lives or dies now, and as she also mentioned her mother is worthless as well.

Without Silas to turn to and help her Ava would either be in lock up or so desperate that she'd be making even dumber decisions than usual. Silas is the only person trying to help her get her daughter back in her arms even for the short term, not just rescued from those two degenerates.

He is willing to give her a pass for now on being a wanted murderer just so that she might get the chance to hold and touch the baby that was pretty much ripped from her womb, and he doesn't owe her anything, he doesn't have to do this and risk being made an accessory in the court of law.

Ava could certainly be worse off if it were up to the other people in her life that pretty much would have her hauled off without even getting to give her baby girl a kiss on the head.  

• Love 4

Read the warning on pg. 137 in the GH Manual  (Guide to the Suckers Still Watching this TV show about the Mob).  Viewers who focus on the scenery of a set have a 47.5% reasonable probability of more likely than not sending a signal from their brain to their index finger to press down on the FF key during those scenes.

16 more months of Nina.  That actress looks pissed that the kid is stealing her limelight.  It appears to me (YMMV) that Ava, Julian and Nik are putting some effort into their crafts.  It's too bad that they couldn't have brought Jeromes siblings in to play the roles of Doctors.  Instead we got Sabrina and Felix to boost up the medical staff at the hospital (which is probably being used for the prison sets or NLG's new talk show).

Meanwhile, the fruit loops killer and the NO ONE CARES actress along with Silas and Kiki are featured this week and are sleepwalking through their scenes.  Must be nice to have secure jobs - especially in the acting profession.  

I wish I could LIKE this an infinite number of times.

• Love 1

She's burned every single bridge to people who might help her at this point. Carrrrlosss was sold up the river and is still incarcerated. apparently she sees no reason to try and contact Julian for help or assistance any longer, her daughter is Kiki...enough said, and Morgan apparently doesn't give a damn if she lives or dies now, and as she also mentioned her mother is worthless as well.

Carlos, yes. The other three to me sold her out. She said that Julian was out of her reach. I think that she feels it's too dangerous to risk being around him. He was no help to her before when Sonny tried to have her kidnapped right out of their penthouse. She knows, unlike Silas, that just because Sonny's in prison right now that he still has people on the outside. Granted, those people are Duke and Shawn, but both of them despise her.

Morgan is such a flip-flopper, he can't remember what his own name is on any given day. And don't get me started on Kiki, because it will not end pretty. For her. :)

• Love 3

Carlos, yes. The other three to me sold her out. She said that Julian was out of her reach. I think that she feels it's too dangerous to risk being around him. He was no help to her before when Sonny tried to have her kidnapped right out of their penthouse. She knows, unlike Silas, that just because Sonny's in prison right now that he still has people on the outside. Granted, those people are Duke and Shawn, but both of them despise her.

Morgan is such a flip-flopper, he can't remember what his own name is on any given day. And don't get me started on Kiki, because it will not end pretty. For her. :)

Poor simple-minded Morgan. He sells out Ava telling Kiki they can change Sonny's mind about killing her. Yes, big bad Ava killed Connie and must be punished, so Morgan turns on her forgetting all the people killed on Sonny's orders or by Sonny himself.

• Love 3

I will be forever grateful that at least my Delia Ryan/Ryan's Hope memories won't be degraded any more than Ron C. has already done.  When Ava said yesterday to Silas that her "mother was useless", I HOPE that means we won't be seeing either that sorry excuse for a Ryan's Bar set, or Delia either.  Loved 'em both too much to see them sacrificed again on Ron C.s indiscriminate Altar of the 80's.

Fuck fuck FUCK! So, it's definitely not Real Luke at the Q's and Faison is definitely not who has been Fluke all along, so basically we're in for like hundreds of versions of Luke running around. MAKE IT STOP!!!!!

Orphan Fluke?

• Love 4

It's nearly a day later, and I'm still baffled by Duke's blasé attitude toward mob crime.  Within the last 2 months RC has undone the only 2 great things he did since taking over GH:  1) de-romanticizing the mob; and 2) having Jason be unceremoniously drop-kicked into the harbor.

Now, Duke is bringing back the idea that all the mob does is dole out sugar to school kids.

I get it. This is Ron's idea of creating romantic conflict for Duke and Anna (I know, I know, they didn't even have a romance to begin with, but that's Ron for you).  Duke and Anna are on opposite sides of the law. But there's no context as to what that means.  It's just words to Ron.  What it means is that Duke is running an operation that is illegally acquiring money, most likely through the sale of illegal products (drugs, guns to the wrong people), loan-sharking, prostitution, shake down of small businesses, and illegal scams on people, businesses and the government. And what Anna is (supposedly) trying to do is protect a city from drugs, violence, death, and financial ruin through shake downs and the like.  That's not a disagreement.  That's not two sides of the same coin. That's not "She's country and I'm rock and roll."  That's fucking lock up the scum bag and throw away the key.

• Love 6

Poor simple-minded Morgan. He sells out Ava telling Kiki they can change Sonny's mind about killing her. Yes, big bad Ava killed Connie and must be punished, so Morgan turns on her forgetting all the people killed on Sonny's orders or by Sonny himself.

Well, yeah. Who does Morgan know personally that Sonny killed, like Connie?

Dante survived Sonny's bullet, and he viewed AJ as a manipulator who was using Michael. Add to that that Sonny is his father, abd I don't think it's a huge double standard of his to forgive Sonny and not Ava. At the very least I get why he made the exception.

• Love 3

It does rather beg the question of whether or not Morgan knows that Sonny shot his mother in the head, though, doesn't it? While she was giving birth to him, no less. Accident, schmaccident. He was "only" trying to kill Lorenzo? Poor Sonny that Lorenzo didn't oblige him by standing up so he could shoot him in the back without endangering Carly.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 1

I think if Ava had gone to Julian or at least tried to contact him instead of leaning on Morgan and Kiki after Sonny's attempting re-kidnapping he could have possibly gotten her out of the country or out of state, but then again that would have prevented the Nina from playing keep away with the baby and going on the lam if Ava had skipped town just like that. 

But she really has no one else in her corner is what I was getting at and while Silas is all she has right now  he's not doing a half bad job at helping her out so far. He did come down on her about Connie but he also looked beyond that, he still knows that Ava has been victimized herself and he is going to help her.

He didn't righteously turn the Connie murder into a valid reason to ignore the broken and desperate woman in front of him, and that's more than she's gotten from anyone else so far.

Sure he's no mob genius but he's at least willing to try and keep her alive however he can. He does believe her claims that Sonny is trying to kill her, he said so yesterday and while he has no men or hired guns to protect her he has her on the move and traveling with him which makes it a little harder for them to be tracked down.

Plus and to me most importantly he also thinks that she should get to be with her daughter, even if it's only for a short while. Because as soon as she's in police custody she'd never get to lay a finger on the baby, and no one would take up for her or plead her case about the horrific nature of the birth when they bring up Connie's death, surely with Olivia shrieking in the background about her cousin's killer and yada yada yawn.

Silas knows if he hands Ava over right now she'll get locked up and even if the baby is recovered the best Ava might get is a picture he could bring her, no physical contact or touching would be allowed and not even he can see Ava suffer that fate regardless of whatever she's done.

To me that makes him at least one person in a long line of people Ava's leaned on that is actually worthwhile and helping her in a real way, not just giving her lip service as say a Morgan or Kiki, two dumb and pathetic kids just as likely to toss her over a barrel as they are to breathe.

And really should things ever end well for Kiki? I mean the mere thought of things ending badly for her, as badly as humanly possible, makes me smile, heh.

• Love 3

It does rather beg the question of whether or not Morgan knows that Sonny shot his mother in the head, though, doesn't it? While she was giving birth to him, no less. Accident, schmaccident. He was "only" trying to kill Lorenzo? Poor Sonny that Lorenzo didn't oblige him by standing up so he could shoot him in the back without endangering Carly.

Whether Morgan knows or not, I've fanwanked since BC too over the role that that is why he is so dumb. Even whackass Nina knows that Morgan is a moron; I love when she something like "Morgan can't even get his shirt over his head. How is he supposed to change a diaper?".

Also, even if Morgan knew that Sonny shot Carly as she was giving birth, he would probably lay all the blame on Lorenzo.

• Love 2

I will be forever grateful that at least my Delia Ryan/Ryan's Hope memories won't be degraded any more than Ron C. has already done. When Ava said yesterday to Silas that her "mother was useless", I HOPE that means we won't be seeing either that sorry excuse for a Ryan's Bar set, or Delia either. Loved 'em both too much to see them sacrificed again on Ron C.s indiscriminate Altar of the 80's.

Sadly, I wouldn't get my hopes up about that, if I were you.

• Love 2

I actually think the biggest reason why Luke may not be Luke, is that as someone else mentioned, he seems a little too "okay" for having been drugged and held prisoner for a year. Otherwise, he seems very Luke-ish. And yet, something feels....off.   I would expect him to be more shell shocked. Maybe not full blown PTSD, but showing some sort of emotional upset, as much as Luke Spencer can.

Hoping he honestly IS Luke, though. And the lack of emotional upset is just being delayed.

• Love 2

I think it's possible too that RC/the directors/whatever just didn't even care to write/direct Luke as being off from being held captive. Really the whole thing could go either way and most likely RC didn't even have a clear picture of what exactly was going on when he wrote it anyway.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

I get it. This is Ron's idea of creating romantic conflict for Duke and Anna (I know, I know, they didn't even have a romance to begin with, but that's Ron 

A romantic conflict would work better if Anna and Julian succumb to the lust. 

I am ready for Julian to be done with the Alexis merry-go-round.

Anna/Julian or Jordan/Julian would work better than all the pairing the characters are currently involved in.

• Love 2

I don't know if anyone noticed, or I may be reading too much in. Faison told Dr. O he had one more task to complete. He went and held Julian at gun point in weird coveralls(I don't get the reason for those other than they were grey. he!). At the same time Luke who is supposed to really be Luke is goading Dante to call Anna and go arrest Julian. It seemed a little too convenient that Faison was there to be unmasked as fake Luke. I kind of felt like Fluke is at the Qs and Faison was purposely with Julian just so Anna and Dante would arrest him and think he was Fluke.

• Love 4

Yet again notLuke is playing everyone because they're all idiots and of course Anna just has to be the biggest target of them all.

Anna will be all too happy to think that she's caught notLuke and that he is Faison, with Julian as a bonus, taking down not just one, or two but three birds with a single stone even though there's no reason why notLuke would have spent over a decade intending to take over PC and overthrow Sonny if he truly were Faison, especially since there is probably a mountain of evidence and proof that Faison was half a world away, either wearing Duke's face or not, while notLuke was probably grooming Julian or setting up his crime empire, and on top of that he barely had any contact with Anna during this whole time, instead he went around leering and molesting almost every other female within reach outside of her.

Somehow I doubt anyone is going to really question the timing, the masks, the arrival of Lord Ash, and apparently Alexis can't be bothered to tell anyone that Helena has a pulse and is freely moving about PC without so much as an ankle bracelet, the ineptness is almost too much to believe at this point but then I remember who's writing this trash.

• Love 4

After watching yesterday's show, I am officially coming out of lurkdom to say - STFU, Duke.  You were never good enough for my beloved Anna, but I was able to tolerate you on my screen occasionally.  But now I need you to STFU forever.  In fact, I think it's time for Faison to be a hero again and kick another Sonny apologist into the harbor.

• Love 7
I want her to crawl face first through a broken pan of her ziti to apologize to Monica and Michael - and to us, frankly - for all of her AJ bashing.

Did Olivia ever bash AJ to Michael's face? (I doubt she did to Monica's, since those two have rarely interacted.) If so, then yes, she should apologize. But if Michael never heard it, an apology is pointless. 

IMO she's been a pathetic woman ever since that scene.

IMO, the second Olivia let Sonny off the hook for shooting their unarmed son point blank in the chest is when she became pathetic.

• Love 7

Did Olivia ever bash AJ to Michael's face? (I doubt she did to Monica's, since those two have rarely interacted.) If so, then yes, she should apologize. But if Michael never heard it, an apology is pointless.

I don't think she did but there should have been a scene where she acknowledged (to Ned since they are BFFs now) about how she blamed AJ for something he didn't do.  There should be some type of acknowledgment but this show didn't even bother showing her being angry at Sonny who lied to her for months.  At least they had Kiki acknowledge to Ava that AJ paid for what was left of his life for something he wasn't responsible for.

• Love 3

The rest of his life? See, that's another reason to believe Kiki is either a secret evil genius or fucking dumb as rocks.

No, citizens of Port Chuckles, AJ was a living and breathing, healthy man. He was fairly young, not a cancer patient in Hospice nor a hitman for the mob with targets on him like his brother. I loathe the term "rest of his life " for that reason. Had Sonny not been such an overbearing, angry, controlling mini-Moobster with self-esteem issues and a God complex - AJ would be alive. If Ava weren't so pathetic to the core that she wrapped her existance in men-by maninpulating them, sleeping with them, being their victim they can save, dominating a "man's world" like the illustrious mob world instead of physics or politics - then AJ would not have been framed for murder.

So, AJ had an entire life ahead of him. Not just "the rest of it".

• Love 1

You're probably right - I don't think she ever said anything too terrible to Michael about AJ.  And Monica is on so rarely she barely interacts with the people who live in her house.

But I still WOULD like to see Olivia crawl throw a pan of ziti if for no other reason than she's an empty-headed blabbermouth.  Ned should sidestep her and set his sights on winning the love of Cook 2.0 instead.  At least she has no lines.

• Love 3

Dante survived Sonny's bullet, and he viewed AJ as a manipulator who was using Michael. Add to that that Sonny is his father, abd I don't think it's a huge double standard of his to forgive Sonny and not Ava. At the very least I get why he made the exception.

I can understand why Morgan made the exception too but I still find it a huge double standard typical of the show.

• Love 5
I am sorry, Tracy would be first in line. It is not like Anna is going to continue sleeping with a fakeLuke.

My point about Anna was that yet again she will be painted as an inept officer incapable of doing her job, that's why I called her the biggest target because she's the one with the biggest responsibility to actually catch the real imposter and not end up fooled with more masks and lies and crap.

Ron is using this to yet again to have Anna get played by Faison, just like when he was the notLuke in her life, wearing a mask of the man she loved and trusted. It's a disgusting, repetitive, nauseatingly stupid mess of a storyline that's already been told one too many times, the first time.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 5

The rest of his life? See, that's another reason to believe Kiki is either a secret evil genius or fucking dumb as rocks .

I wouldn't be surprised [Erika Slezak]a tall[/Erika Slezak] if at the end of this story in July 2027, when TFGH is finally cancelled, Kiki is revealed to be the head of the cartel.

At that point, Emma will be running the mob and married to Aiden doubles as her hit man, Joss will be in an arranged marriage with Spencer and cheating on him with backfromthedead Jake, Danny will be fighting Lila Rae for control of ELQ, and Cam will still be 9 years old.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5

will Spenthur  sthwill wlithps when he squawks?  I mean, talks?

And Rocco will have changed his name and had multiple paternity tests to disprove his parentage.

Edited by boes
will he sthwill wlithps when he squawks?  I mean, talks?

But wouldn't that be Spencer, not Cameron? Though if someone could deage Spencer back into his mother's womb, dead womb at that I'd pay an obscene amount of money to make it happen.

• Love 1
Fuck fuck FUCK! So, it's definitely not Real Luke at the Q's and Faison is definitely not who has been Fluke all along, so basically we're in for like hundreds of versions of Luke running around.

Gosh.  Too bad nobody who’s been married to him (or his own child) can possibly ask him questions that only he could answer.  Because Faison and his evil minions obviously would be able to answer random stuff like “who said that embarrassing thing at Thanksgiving that time” or “tell me that story again about the time that ____ “

Actually I think he is sorry he truely lost Michael as his son. I don't think it has anything to do with being caught. He seems resigned to the fact he has lost his son. But I will agree he is probably not sorry he killed a man.

He’s also sorry that Ava MADE him kill AJ by saying he killed Connie.  Does that count?

Duke can’t be faulted for thinking that Sonny demonstrates a dedication to minimizing casualties when his #1 enforcer can’t hit the broad side of a barn. 

I assume the sudden Duke propping as future mob boss is a way of forcing MB to the bargaining table for his next contract.

Olivia stopped having standards the first time she let Sonny touch her, and that was before we ever even met her. I like her, kind of, but being Sonny's first baby mama means she's never been exacting.

Except when we actually first met her she was railing at Kate (who’s been shot?  Can’t recall) for lying down with the dog that was Sonny and telling her she should drop his lying mobbed up ass.  She had some really good truth telling scenes, saying what pretty much everybody in real life would be saying/thinking about someone like Sonny as a romantic partner/human being.  Too bad it didn’t last, just like Patrick’s perfectly natural and righteous animosity towards him didn’t last.

But wouldn't that be Spencer, not Cameron? Though if someone could deage Spencer back into his mother's womb, dead womb at that I'd pay an obscene amount of money to make it happen.

You're right!  My disdain for that character made my brain weak.  

• Love 1
You're right!  My disdain for that character made my brain weak.

Oh I understand! Believe you me...I'm fairly sure I've lost half my brain cells thanks to this show and these slaggard characters. Spencer is just so...irksome.

• Love 1

So...the SERIAL KILLER and the Nina spend the day naming the baby that they've kidnapped and are holding hostage and yet the soft tinkling musical notes in the background all the giggling and smiles and baby coos led me to believe that Ron wanted these scenes to paint these two psychos in a positive light. Because they're such victims of injustice after all.

Where is a gas filled Cabin explosion when you need one, well sans one dead baby.

And of course the Nina admired the Bionic Woman, that explains all the leaping and bouncing and prancing and repeating herself because no one else has the super hearing that she does.

Surprise surprise notLuke is the one at the Qs, what a shocker Ron, I had no bloody idea... and yes, they are all idiots, without question. All he had to do was smile and pet the baby on the head and suddenly he's the "real Luke" come home. 

GET A FUCKING DNA TEST ALREADY YOU BUNCH OF TOOLSHEDS! 

Ron you may not have been around for Ric's reign of terror but plenty of us were, seriously he isn't the sort of guy I am going to drum up sympathy for when he should have been in a hole, either alive or dead, years ago. And he was out of Molly's life for 5 years but of course she's supposed to be Daddy teary eyed little princess who knows the good that's inside of him, give me a break.

Alexis can get over herself any day of the week now.

It'd be nice if I cared about either Nik or Britt but I don't so their scenes were like watching paint dry, especially since I've already read this story through to the end and it sucked then and it sucks now.

Resetting the Fluke storyline to square one...what a fucking mistake.

But this is Ron we're talking about, remember? He who never makes a mistake? He who totally knows what he is doing and totally planned this all out from the very beginning and hasn't just been pulling things fist over ass out of his crap-shoot to cover for Tony's illness and inability to shoot scenes for months...? 

Come now...

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 4

I'm going to miss Britt. She's one of the very few Cartini creations I have enjoyed for the most part. And this from someone who started out hating her. Once she moved away from Patrick and Sabrina's mess, she became one of my favorites. With that said, she is still a weak character and KT is very bad acting wise, at making Britt seem sympathetic when her wrongdoings have been exposed. Since Adam Chandler has been brought up a few times here recently, I will use David Canary as a prime example of an actor that could take a gray character, have him do bad things with good intentions, but still make you root for him even when his actions were morally reprehensible. I think a lot of GHers feel that way about Ric/Rick Hearst. KT, bless her, does not have that talent. The writing doesn't help either. Today just made Britt look stupid and passive having her mother try and take the blame. She's a grown ass woman, not a child.

I'll miss what original Brik as a pairing used to be, but perhaps with them imploding we can finally cut down on Spencer. Blech.

I enjoyed the rest of the show for the most part. Even kind of liked Nina talking about James/Nathan and their background, because even though I don't personally care about the Obretch/Clay clan as a whole, character development and exposition is always a good thing. Still, there was absolutely no excuse as to why so many long scenes were spent naming that adorable baby, when Molly and Alexis scenes were blink and you miss them.

• Love 2

Come again?

Surprise surprise notLuke is the one at the Qs, what a shocker Ron, I had no bloody idea... and yes, they are all idiots, without question. All he had to do was smile and pet the baby on the head and suddenly he's the "real Luke" come home. 

So, it wasn't Luke at the Quartermaines, then? So are you saying the real Luke is somewhere else and he pat which baby on the head? His grandson? And that is the real Luke?

Color me confused like Vinnie Barbarino.

• Love 1

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......................

It's supposed to be an exciting twist!!!!! Except it's actually so mundane, dull and predictable, that I'm too bored to even snark much about it. Boredom is the main part of why I can't be arsed to actually pay attention to the show anymore. It's just on in the background.

Slow clap for finally bringing an end to the Britt + Nik nightmare. I hope. Awesome job taking a couple that had potential and initial chemistry and repeatedly ruining them. Hopefully this means we'll see less of that unpleasant little shit, Spencer.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 3

Slow clap for finally bringing an end to the Britt + Nik nightmare. I hope. Awesome job taking a couple that had potential and iniial chemistry and repeatedly ruining them. Hopefully this means we'll see less of that unpleasant little shit, Spencer.

Word.  This time last year, they were just starting out and they were so sparkily and had so much potential, but it took Ron just 365 days to ruin them not once, but over and over again.

• Love 7

I can barely form thoughts with this Fluke nonsense. It's just so confusing and bad.

And LOL at Sam confronting Faison in the previews while Patrick stands there like the wallpaper he's become. Patrick knows who Faison is, right?

My head hurts.

• Love 2