Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I mean, NOBODY in Morgan's family is reaching out to him when a baby that could be his has been kidnapped?  Not Carly, Bobbie, Lucas, Dante, Molly?  He really has no one but Kiki?  How unbelievably sad!

Morgan is the Corinthos afterthought.  He still can't win when it comes to being picked over Michael and his parents are still as shitty as always.

Screw Alexis, Julian and Jordan must happen.

Eta- Shouldn't Alexis be burning up the phone lines calling people  to warn them that Helena is alive? Her first phone call should be to Nik, followed by Anna.

The stupid on this show, it burns.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 5

I actually think Morgan's reaction to the kidnapping itself is very understated. If I thought my child (or who I thought was my child) was out there with some wackos, I wouldn't be sitting on my ass at Kelly's eating Thanksgiving dinner out of a wheel barrel. I'd be raising some hell.

Julian cracks me up. Jordan demands to know who she's working for, and because Julian has had it with everything, he shrugs his shoulders and decides to tell her.

STFU, Liesl. She's such a hysterical drama queen when it comes to Faison.

STFU, Lauren. On general principle, but for your continued, illogical support of Franco. Just because he's been nice to you doesn't mean he's a good guy.

And Nina was spot on about poor Giant Baby's bio parents.

Screw Nina. Morgan may not be the brightest bulb, but I'm supposed to believe a crazy lady and a SERIAL KILLER are better parents?

Seriously. The baby isn't hers, no matter how badly she wants it. 

LOL at Larry just standing around in the background at the Qs with a vaguely "Uh-oh" look on his face.

• Love 7

Screw Alexis, Julian and Jordan must happen.

I've been saying this from the jump. They have mad chemistry. But it will never happen. TPTB will never allow an interracial couple to make it big or even entertain the idea, and they will continue to pander to the Julexis fanbase. Whatever. Stuff like that has been ruining soaps for the past decade.

• Love 6

I don't think Julian/Jordan are impossible. I expect they'll happen, and they'll be the catalyst for Julian and Alexis (hopefully) breaking up for good. Julian reeks of "cheater"/"womanizer" to me. But then, that'd be on a show where things made sense and people with chemistry were allowed to interact more. And on a show where an actress didn't scare me with her crazy tweets. But that's another rant.

Edited by thewhiteowl
fixed unecessary bolding, again

I think Julian and Alexis are an Endgame couple for the most part. I do think he has Chemistry with Jordan and I do not think that the interracial issue will prevent them from going there and I would be personally offended if it did, but here I will give Ron credit, he could care less if he offends people with gay men kissing, or gay men interracial relationships kissing he is not going to GAFF about Jordan and Julian Kissing.

I would like to see them chem test Jordan and Nathan as I think she would be the perfect counter point to Maxie as a spoiler in that relationship: Not too Bright Cop torn between cute dumb blonde and Smoking Hot Smarter than he is fellow officer

• Love 2

I've been saying this from the jump. They have mad chemistry. But it will never happen. TPTB will never allow an interracial couple to make it big or even entertain the idea, and they will continue to pander to the Julexis fanbase. Whatever. Stuff like that has been ruining soaps for the past decade.

ABC has tons of interracial couples on its primetime shows.

Re: today's show: I can't believe Kiki is still defending Freakco after what he did to Michael. And poor Morgan . . . I really hope that he is the father and that he and Ava reunite, because even Morgan for all his many, many, many, many faults does not deserve to be saddled with Kiki.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3

At this point, I ship Jordan and Anyone But Shawn/Sonny. Johnny is single. Free Johnny. AJ and Jordan could have been hot because I fully believe Jordan would have smacked the hell out of Sonny and Carly. At the same time.

I also want Michael or TJ to yell at Shawn, "You're a henchnanny! " Or Max. He will do. Max probably was the henchnanny. Didn't he take them to the park?

• Love 3

So? RC isn't writing those shows. That's the power I was referring to. I don't think he'd go there with Jordan/Julian, at least not long-term or seriously. I said what I said.

Ron's the one who put Alexis and Shawn together, wasn't he?

• Love 3

At this point, I ship Jordan and Anyone But Shawn/Sonny. Johnny is single. Free Johnny. AJ and Jordan could have been hot because I fully believe Jordan would have smacked the hell out of Sonny and Carly. At the same time.

I also want Michael or TJ to yell at Shawn, "You're a henchnanny! " Or Max. He will do. Max probably was the henchnanny. Didn't he take them to the park?

I think that Max was always the henchnanny. He spent way more time with Morgan and Michael than their parents ever did.

• Love 1

I think Rosalie will turn out to be Johnny's sister, which will entice Michael more to be with her. And they will be a junior version of Alan and Monica, or what AJ and Carly could have been. Sort of evil-ish power couple, with a love/hate relationship. 

• Love 1

So? RC isn't writing those shows. That's the power I was referring to. I don't think he'd go there with Jordan/Julian, at least not long-term or seriously. I said what I said.

Ah, gotcha. I thought you referring to those above Frank & Ron.

As for interracial couples on this show, I believe both TJ & Molly and Sean & Alexis were Wolf. But Ron did do a gay black/white/Asian triangle and had Monica date a black guy. He also has Pip & Milo. And he may also be doing Michael & Rosalie.

I really hope he does do MicRo. She can be Rosie Q!

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3

Ah, gotcha. I thought you referring to those above Frank & Ron.

As for interracial couples on this show, I believe both TJ & Molly and Sean & Alexis were Wolf. But Ron did do a gay black/white/Asian triangle and had Monica date a black guy. He also has Pip & Milo. And he may also be doing Michael & Rosalie.

I really hope he does do MicRo. She can be Rosie Q!

True, but how often are those couples shown or showcased? They are afterthoughts. Jordan/Julian will never be touted as a love story  on par with Julexis, even if he did go there is what I'm getting at. I would love to be proven wrong. Anyway this is getting off topic from today's episode. Good discussion though :)

I don't know what made me hurl more:

Kiki snottily telling Morgan she thought he'd forgotten after he was nice enough to mention that he hadn't forgotten the baby was her sister

Obrecht crying tears of joy while the music swelled like this was some awesome thing

Franco giggling insanely over feeding the baby

the good:

Luke actually escaping.

• Love 4

STFU, Lauren. On general principle, but for your continued, illogical support of Franco. Just because he's been nice to you doesn't mean he's a good guy.

For serious!

Morgan: The guy has done one horrible thing after another to my family.  Some of them were just last week/month!

Kiki:...but he's nice to me so...good guy.  Kiki has spoken!

HATE!

• Love 11

Oh Dr. Obrecht, girl, you are getting played haaarrrddd.

Yes she is. I can't wait for her to realize it a and lose her shit.

If new Jason is supposed to make Carly and Sonny see any error in and of their ways then he had better start with himself first because without him a good portion would have never even been possible.

I hope this is the story they are going to tell, Jason coming to terms with the horrid, shitty things he did during his mob tenure. they got a lot of stuff to work with if they go that way.

I would like it to happen if only because Shawn will shit a brick, but Julian needs to focus on staying alive right now. 

So, is Lord Larry the fastest drunk alive? It's not like he had a head start over Dante. 

Edited by Mrs OldManBalls
  • Love 3

Eta- Shouldn't Alexis be burning up the phone lines calling people  to warn them that Helena is alive? Her first phone call should be to Nik, followed by Anna.

You're totally right, I don't think she even mentioned Helena today.

If RC really adores KA, why wouldn't he have written a better character for her to play. In my opinion, Kiki has no redeeming qualities.

Is it even a matter of redeeming qualities? It seems there's actually no character there at all. Aside from her parental and love interests shifting is there anything to Kiki as a character? Has she ever expressed an interest in doing anything? She's just there with no real reason to be so. Jordan, Nathan, Britt, Sabrina... all of the various newbies that Ron has brought forth all have actual jobs at least. You can certainly argue as to whether they are successful or not but they have an existence (or had at any rate regarding some of them) outside of who their parents may or may not be or who they are or are not fucking. Kiki doesn't have anything like that... hell, she seems to have never expressed an interest in doing anything outside of Michael, Morgan and propping Franco. It's no surprise she's so unliked... there's no actual purpose to her.

• Love 14

Is it even a matter of redeeming qualities? It seems there's actually no character there at all. Aside from her parental and love interests shifting is there anything to Kiki as a character? Has she ever expressed an interest in doing anything? She's just there with no real reason to be so. Jordan, Nathan, Britt, Sabrina... all of the various newbies that Ron has brought forth all have actual jobs at least. You can certainly argue as to whether they are successful or not but they have an existence (or had at any rate regarding some of them) outside of who their parents may or may not be or who they are or are not fucking. Kiki doesn't have anything like that... hell, she seems to have never expressed an interest in doing anything outside of Michael, Morgan and propping Franco. It's no surprise she's so unliked... there's no actual purpose to her.

As they say, there is no there, there.

• Love 2

KA is awful. I agree there's no there, there. IMO, all her scenes today were played as if Kekekaka was a heartless know it all snotty bitch. No real compassion for Morgan, her mom or the baby.

It was like KA still has minimums and they have to attach her to someone and Morgan was the unlucky one.

KA seemed uncomfortable with MicRo, so I question if that's still going to happen.

I don't care about Luke, Fluke or this stupid ass story.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 6

I thought they were alluding to the baby being Sonny's today when Nina made z big deal about her 'incredible dimples.' How many times have we been hit over the head with Sonny's dimples being the be all, end all?

• Love 2

IA that the problem with Kiki (besides her portrayer) is that she has no ambitions outside of Michael (and sometimes Morgan). I'll say it again and again, and again. Send her to college. Give her a real interest in studying something. Hire some day players for a college scene. I don't care if she's 21 or 22, it's not too late to start. Take a few classes and get her feet wet. Mix it up with TJ who is a new college freshman. Even little things like deciding what to study and do with the rest of your life reveal so much about your character and it's something your audience, young and old, can relate to. Morgan can take his butt to class with her. Lord knows his head is empty.

It's ironic that most of the characters on the show are having story lines wherein the majority of their angst is about their significant other and that they seem to make every decision around their love lives, yet there is no love in the afternoon. How does that happen?

• Love 10

Kiki is a waste of space.

I  disliked the way Silas was manhandling Ava in the previews. I know she is in another long line of horrible people  but I am tired of the victimizing of this particular character. I won't even go through the emotional distress she's going though. It wasn't that long ago that she went through an horrific induced labour and bled out. She barely made it out alive.

She is a long way from physically recuperating from the ordeal. The last thing I as a viewer, want to see is her being roughed, even if it is by a waif of a man. What makes this show so freaking terrible is that, I just don't know WTF the show is going for. They can't expect me to sympathize with Ava, they also can't expect me to be okay with the shit she's been through these past month. I should sympathize with Silas for being lied to but that calls for me to overlook the shitty way he physically handles her. As a doctor, he should know better. 

The show should cut their losses with Moira/Ava, every scene involving her these past month have been miserable for me as a viewers. I don't find an iota of entertainment in anything she is involved in.

It goes without saying that the misery I feel regarding Ava is tenfold when it comes to  Nina, Franco and Kiki. I am just focusing on Ava at this time.

• Love 3

TJ should be mixing it up with Michael /Morgan /Kiki. I'd love if Micheal actually hired TJ at ELQ as an intern since I'm sure TJ is a business or pre law major. Jasus knows the town needs more lawyers as the only two are in bed with the mob. And Ric is well in Witness Protection. So, yeah. Then, Morgan and Kiki can whine and Micheal can say"Well he's in college with an excellent GPA, he's worked at Kelly's non stop, so I don't see why he can't be an intern. He also put together an excellent presentation. You two dropped out and can barely make cereal. " Then Morgan can respond "Mail kimp?"

Honestly, Cameron should be as old as Kiki/Morgan /Micheal. Wasn't he Zander's kid?

• Love 1
I thought they were alluding to the baby being Sonny's today when Nina made z big deal about her 'incredible dimples.' How many times have we been hit over the head with Sonny's dimples being the be all, end all?

Same here, it felt like a rather heavy sledgehammer moment to me. Although all of the Nina and Franco scenes today felt so plot heavy it's a wonder my TV didn't sink into my living room floor.

Honestly, Cameron should be as old as Kiki/Morgan /Micheal. Wasn't he Zander's kid?

Well Morgan was born in late 2003 and Cameron was born the next year in 2004 so they certainly should/could be in the same age group right now. In fact Cameron was a born a year before Molly's arrival, at least originally on the show so really Cameron should be finishing up high-school or even in college at this point. 

I think it'd be far more interesting to see Liz dealing with a teenager at this point anyway, there's no reason to keep her kids under the age of 10 for two decades. How might things be different with Jakson coming to stay if he had a 17-19 year old Cameron blocking the way.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

IA that the problem with Kiki (besides her portrayer) is that she has no ambitions outside of Michael (and sometimes Morgan). I'll say it again and again, and again. Send her to college. Give her a real interest in studying something. Hire some day players for a college scene. I don't care if she's 21 or 22, it's not too late to start. Take a few classes and get her feet wet. Mix it up with TJ who is a new college freshman. Even little things like deciding what to study and do with the rest of your life reveal so much about your character and it's something your audience, young and old, can relate to. Morgan can take his butt to class with her. Lord knows his head is empty.

It's ironic that most of the characters on the show are having story lines wherein the majority of their angst is about their significant other and that they seem to make every decision around their love lives, yet there is no love in the afternoon. How does that happen?

Heck, she could waitress at Kelly's. At least her meddling would be more organic that way. Or give her something to do with the art gallery ( the legal, art stuff I mean)

• Love 2
Who is MicRo?

I believe that's Michael and Rosalie though I make no promises, heh.

Heck, she could waitress at Kelly's

Oh heavens no, that's working!

She has Silas to pay for all her thrills now that Michael has drop kicked her to the curb. She should count her lucky stars that Franco didn't turn out to be her Daddy dearest after all or else she'd really be in trouble because his ass is broke too.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

I'm with Sake614 talking about the baby's dimples is a red herring, the baby must be Morgans

Yup, He was born a year after Morgan (who would have been Ric and Liz's kid if the panic room plan had actually succeeded, wrap your brain about Liz raising Morgan as one of her boyeez. Cam was born before Molly, who is now looking at colleges. I think RH looking so young is keeping them from SORASing her kids.

• Love 1

Poor Dr. O., she really believes that Faison is over his Anna love and has turned to her. She doesn't see that Faison is planning on using her for something or other.

Couldn't happen to a better (and more useless) character, as far as I'm concerned.  If she hasn't clued in by now that Faison doesn't give two shits about her except for as it suits his own purposes, then she's bringing this shit on herself. 

• Love 5

I'm really REALLY tired of hearing about that damn baby.

I didn't care about Connie but it's kinda fucked up that she bled to death on her office floor while Sonny struggled to call the cops and it was all for nothing.

Who is more dumb and pathetic, Dr. O or Britt?

Edited by LeftPhalange

I would like to see them chem test Jordan and Nathan as I think she would be the perfect counter point to Maxie as a spoiler in that relationship: Not too Bright Cop torn between cute dumb blonde and Smoking Hot Smarter than he is fellow officer

Damn. I am super down for this.

I want Jordan away from Shawn. Julian is my #1 choice because that would be so fucking hot, but I'll glad take Jordan/Nathan, Jordan/Johnny, hell Jordan/Dante. 

I am super over Dr. O. If she's just gonna smile cry about Faison I could really do without her.

I continue to enjoy how KT is playing her scenes lately. She's so over everything and it works perfectly.

You know what, I am very impressed that Luke actually escaped. I was so sure that it was gonna be Fluke. That was a genuine surprise and a good one. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

What makes this show so freaking terrible is that, I just don't know WTF the show is going for. They can't expect me to sympathize with Ava, they also can't expect me to be okay with the shit she's been through these past month

Why can't they expect you to sympathize? I fully sympathize. No matter what she's done, she's a woman who was drugged by a psychotic freak, forced to give birth and then had her baby kidnapped. Haters will say she deserved it, but she's completely earned my sympathy. Of course, if it were anyone else but Maura playing her I might feel differently.

I disagree though that MW should cut her losses. She's having a wonderful time playing a character she truly loves playing. Why should she leave? She's probably a lock for another Emmy nomination. Besides, someone's got to feed her huge family lol. I do agree that it's hard to watch recently. As a fan, I'm tired of seeing everyone go after her. End this shit and move her on to the next storyline.

I mean, NOBODY in Morgan's family is reaching out to him when a baby that could be his has been kidnapped?  Not Carly, Bobbie, Lucas, Dante, Molly?  He really has no one but Kiki?  How unbelievably sad!

Carly? Surely you jest. Knowing Morgan, he probably told her offscreen to go see Sonny so he wouldn't be alone on Thanksgiving. Blech. Gag me. And shut your mouth, Kiki. You have no idea how stupid you sound right now.

I actually think Morgan's reaction to the kidnapping itself is very understated. If I thought my child (or who I thought was my child) was out there with some wackos, I wouldn't be sitting on my ass at Kelly's eating Thanksgiving dinner out of a wheel barrel. I'd be raising some hell.

He wasn't eating though, because he couldn't. Morgan doesn't usually sit around and do nothing, when Carly was kidnapped he was all over the cops. I think he's just too afraid to think what if this baby is hurt or god knows what else.

Totally the opposite for me. Ron being Ron, if this baby isn't Morgan's, I will eat newspaper.

Different baby today too. Much paler, which I like because then she looks more like Ava.  Cracked up at her holding the bottle herself.

This Luke/Fluke stuff...sigh. I'm glad for finally getting around to it, but I think I'm over it. Britt's face when Faison and Liesl were macking on each other was hilarious.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 2

think Michelle Stafford is a great actress and wildly charismatic, and these two actors have fantastic chemistry and any lingering doubts I had about the two were completely erased today.  Loved them, loved them, loved them, loved them

I watched that mess today and came away with a completely opposite view! I cannot stand MS and I don't think she can act at all. At all (repeating one of her favorite things!). While I think RH and MS have some chemistry, it doesn't make up for the characters they are playing - not for me.

The Nina ripped a baby from another woman and now she and the serial killer are off an adventure and somehow I'm supposed to be ... charmed?!?

Did Tracy really bitch because Luke had a shower? He's been locked up for a while and I somehow doubt anyone cared about his hygiene, I think a shower was in order.

Did Luke really act all appalled when Dante mentioned causing the death of Patrick's blanket child? Ummm, yeah Luke because you super cared about running over and killing a child while you were drunk.

It's way past time for Dr O to exit stage left.

Shut up Olivia.

Shut up Kaka.

I fully sympathize. No matter what she's done, she's a woman who was drugged by a psychotic freak, forced to give birth and then had her baby kidnapped

Completely agree. I'm not really a fan of Ava at all (nor the actress who plays her). Ava has done some shit to be sure, but I feel for her with this baby situation. Plus, The Nina is beyond awful so it's easy to be Team Ava when it concerns the baby.

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 3

All I've gotten from the Nina/Franco scenes today is a lingering curiosity as to whether the walls in that cabin were made of styrofoam.  It looked like they were sitting in the middle of a gigantic, dirty cooler.  

• Love 2
Wow, so it really was Luke Alexis released.  OK, then.

I am not so sure about that. The "Luke" confronting Julian has red, tired looking eyes and appears to be, imo, pretty sickly and weak, plus he seems rather disheveled to me.

I also thought the "Luke" at the Qs seemed far too...energized and upbeat, it's as if nothing happened to him. The man has supposedly been kept drugged and sedated for over half a year nonstop, at the very least he should be going through withdrawals, be lethargic and weakened. Yet he's basically twirling around the room and calling Lulu "Cupcake".

I think Ron is going to pull another switch on us, everything seems far too neat and orderly considering how he put together this crap-shoot of a storyline.

Even if they cast a someone born in 1998, she would still have 21 years on the kid. I would rather have her deal with teen Cam than her fickle love life. Lauren Wright is only 17 years older than Chad Duell.

I agree, Becks does look very good for her age but to me giving her a teenager wouldn't throw the world into turmoil. She's old enough in real life to have one, and Liz is old enough as a character, giving her reasonably aged kids won't change much, if anything as you said it'd give her something to do.

I'm no Liz fan certainly but I do think it'd be better to see her dealing with kids who are going through problems that don't involve juice boxes and play dates, or Spencer. Cameron should be babysitting Spencer and Emma, not playing rivals and romantic partners with them. Besides why can't Liz have some angst and drama that doesn't involve whomever she's sharing her bed with, at least not all the time. 

Plus I would love to see a teenaged Cameron bringing up his Papa, Lucky, from time to time.

• Love 1
I think Ron is going to pull another switch on us, everything seems far too neat and orderly considering how he put together this crap-shoot of a storyline.

My cynical side says he's leaving his options open so that whatever fits whatever twist he comes up with a few weeks down the road, he can say "well, that was/wasn't Luke all along!" 

• Love 1