Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

Elizabeth's reaction re: Ric's fingerprints on the gun makes sense. She doesn't love Ric, but he's  demonstrated that he's very determined to get a "second chance" with her and she's afraid of what could happen if she and Nik became romantically involved again. Plus she figures Lucky would hate them both forever long-distance. 

I think the tears came from frustration and embarrassment that she thinks she's just continued to believe in men who lie to her/hurt people - Lucky, Australian doc, AJ, and now Ric again. (I don't include Jason because I remember she called him an "honest man.) I understand that she would like to believe she could be happy with someone other than Nikolas, but Ric is the kind of guy who should never get a chance with her again ... if for no other reason than a needy, obsessive guy who uses her son for manipulative purposes is a BAD example as a male role model for boys.

Ric is now in the role that AJ had in the love triangle with Liz and Nik, with a variation of the downfall storyline. However, Liz had genuinely developed feelings for AJ before Nik returned to Port Charles,AJ was clearly not ready to be in a healthy adult relationship due to all his issues, and he and Elizabeth did not have a history. With AJ, there was a give-and-take, she liked spending time with him, and wanted to see where they could go. With Ric, she all but said she was settling. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
(edited)

Nathan can go rescue Lucas from douche 1 and douche 2.

I'm okay with thas as long as Lucas is considered douche 3.

On another note, when it comes to Sonny and Ric were Alexis is concerned, Ric may have fucked one of her daughters but Sonny almost killed another. #TeamRic

I know this is semantics but Sonny & Sam did have a relationship that involved sex. They even had a daughter together.

ITA, the whole Sam/Ric sex was to clear the way for Jason to sleep with Liz. TPTB wouldn't dare tarnish the holy one.

The last non-cast member patient I remember was the real life soldier. Silas took care of him that day.

Edited by BestestAuntEver

I think Ryan Peavey's Nathan is having some good scenes and showing improvement lately. I really enjoy the relationship between he and Britt.

He has improved. & I love the sibling relationship developing between Nathan & Britt.  I just wish others with established families had more scenes.  & I'd love it if people could have scenes that weren't just a plot point.  But that would require a different head writer.

Also, I'm sick of the wimmens being morons for the sake of Ron's plot point writing.  Yes, the men are idiots too, but it seems that the women have an extra dose of stupidity.

I didn't mind Sam's boobular shirt, then again, I rarely do.  Same with when Alexis lets the twins out.  Like mother, like daughter.

Oh & I'm still rooting for Cojones though I know it's pointless.

• Love 1
needy, obsessive guy

One or both of those adjectives describes every man Liz has been with. LOL.

The last non-cast member patient I remember was the real life soldier. Silas took care of him that day.

That guy was awesome. We liked him better than at least half of the cast.

• Love 1

Guys. GUYS. Rafe is wearing STUDS in his ear. And doing COCAINE. and stealing from Franco's tip jar. I don't know how long I'm gonna be amused by the badness, but right now this is amazing. But oh, God, that stupid phrase "danny-boy" is back.

Ah, Franco. Gently sketching beautiful images in the park, at one with nature. He's so great. And it was so hilarious how he told Kiki her mom was probably dead and then asked if she wanted ice cream. ahahahaha. (Seriously, is she still gonna be friends with him after this? The eff?)

I'm pretty sure that was the cutest dress Sam has ever worn on the show.

Hee at Molly's "look at him, he can't even hang a banner right."

I'm pleased Morgan wants Ava to get an abortion, from a writing standpoint. For the most part, it's so unrealistic when these soap guys, especially young ones, are desperate to raise kids from accidental pregnancies. Watch, Sonny will yell at him about wanting such a foul deed done. Although I rolled my eyes at Morgan acting like he has no self-control when it comes to taking back Ava.

It was really icky for them to do a dead baby storyline with T. Castillo so pregnant. If it weren't so pointless, maybe I could understand, but it was.

Why do they have Nathan correcting himself every time he calls Donna Mills mom? I don't care. They don't have to remind me.

• Love 2
(edited)

So Gabriel is doomed, barring an answer to fervent, tearful prayers (tock!) and Rafe may wind up as OD cannon fodder to underline just how awful Julian and his drug-dealing ways really are. Actually if stalker-boy winds up dead in an alley, I hope Molly thanks Julian for the favour.

Damn Nina and her crazy eyes.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 1

So I guess this is TCa's maternity leave storyline - baptize the baby, discontinue life support, and then head out of PC so Sabrina can mourn her baby's death while the actress is off-screen for some months?  Sheesh, that's how TPTB originally intended for Becky Herbst's firing to play out (going away, unable to deal with the grief of Jake's death). 

I got the impression JT is playing Patrick as a man overcome with guilt and absolute exhaustion more than devastation that he will lose his premie son. Yes, he wanted another child - with Robin, not her. He must really feel like a jerk right now. That scene of them sitting together outside NICU, when he kisses her head - really spelled out the emotional disconnect between the two. It seemed like a scene between a pair who'd had a ONS and barely know each other. 

Nina crashing the b-day party, befriending Danny and then looking up at Silas's shocked face schemingly/sweetly made me roll my eyes.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm pleased Morgan wants Ava to get an abortion, from a writing standpoint. For the most part, it's so unrealistic when these soap guys, especially young ones, are desperate to raise kids from accidental pregnancies.

That actually caught me by surprise.  I thought Morgan would be taken with the idea of the baby possibly being his, but I guess the horror of being in a WTD situation with his own father is the overriding factor here, not that I can blame him.

Was Franco the SERIAL KILLER being so casual with Kiki about Ava being murdered - a murder he helped set into motion and was super gleeful about - supposed to be funny?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
(edited)

But oh, God, that stupid phrase "danny-boy" is back.

Rafe may be a cokehead, but he's not a MONSTER.

Why do they have Nathan correcting himself every time he calls Donna Mills mom? I don't care. They don't have to remind me.

I think it's also to show he's conflicted about Madeline. You know, layers.

That scene of them sitting together outside NICU, when he kisses her head - really spelled out the emotional disconnect between the two. It seemed like a scene between a pair who'd had a ONS and barely know each other.

I write this with no snark whatsoever: Patrick and Sabrina don't really know each other. Ron did a terrible job of putting them together, Sabrina never lost her starry-eyed "my prince has come" ideas about Patrick, and JT played Patrick as someone who was basically bullied into marrying Sabrina. That's not much of a relationship any way you look at it.

Argh, formatting issues. I tried.

Edited by Stinger97
Attempt to help fix formatting
  • Love 4

I don't like Sabrina the character, she is propped too much, and the Virgin Princess mixed with the experienced lover and master nurse was way too much. Now you know where I am coming from.

1. TeCa the actress has impressed me only a few times as an actress with skill, once for sure when playing the Halloween Crimefighter in costrume, and now playing Sabrina super sad losing her child. Nice work by TeCa.

2. I understand TeCa the actress getting pregnant interfered with the arc set for Sabrina, as well as making it hard to be mother number two to Patrick's walking talking daughter. However, I am tired of every other baby on soap operas being a tock ('tick', living baby, followed by 'tock', dead child). 

3. As for the show runner forcing TeCa the pregnant actress to play a dying baby story line-- fuck you, Ron!

I didn't even say that when Ron publically internet stalked an underage boy and personally set back gay rights a few months. This has been a while in coming, but he has earned it.

• Love 6
(edited)

Damn Nina and her crazy eyes.

Thank you. I thought she had a creepy look on her face but then I second guessed myself.

Of course, The Nina knew where to find Silas in the park for Danny's birthday. GH make up & lighting isn't kind to anyone. MSt looked every bit of her age on screen today.

LW's dress color did nothing for her.

HP was good again today. She's acting circles around a lot of the adults. I would love for her & TJ to have a summer story of investigating the truth about Julian & trying to fre Ric.

I've decided I'm heartless when it comes to GH death excluding Robin. Baby shammy demise did make me think of when my cousin infant daughter was removed from a vent. After self reflection, I was like"eh, goodbye shammy" & this show better not be punking me.

Sadly, TeCa, isn't the first soap actress required to act out the death of their baby while actually pregnant.

If Sam is going to continue living with Silas, can someone else have the penthouse?

Rafe was a mighty calm cocaine addict. I've never seen someone needing a fix so laid back.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 2

If Sam is going to continue living with Silas, can someone else have the penthouse?

Fuck that.  If anything, Silas should be living with Sam not vice versa.  & I'm sure she'll stop staying at his place now that his not-so-dead jazz-handed wife is back in town.

• Love 2
That actually caught me by surprise.  I thought Morgan would be taken with the idea of the baby possibly being his, but I guess the horror of being in a WTD situation with his own father is the overriding factor here, not that I can blame him.

I always thought he'd be crying, "abortion!" although if Ava and Morgan were together and there was no Sonny factor, maybe I could see him willing to want to take a chance on raising the baby. But yeah, like you said, the horror of the WTD overshadows everything else. Plus he's not with Ava, he has no job, no place of his own, and is not a very responsible person, and plus that baby would always (at least, he would think so right now) be a reminder of the crypt rut even if it was his baby. So him suggesting an abortion made sense to me.

Was Franco the SERIAL KILLER being so casual with Kiki about Ava being murdered - a murder he helped set into motion and was super gleeful about - supposed to be funny?

You didn't laugh uproariously? Perhaps you need more ice cream!

• Love 1

I'm still ambivalent about baby Gabriel apparently going boom, if only because it's coming so late in the proverbial game.  The kid was a preemie to begin with, IIRC; he had a subsequent related medical issue, survived that, finally got a name, and now they're going to kill him off?  Is/was this RC going overkill on sympathy for Sabrina (if no doubt affected by TCa's actual pregnancy) or overkill on trying to swerve us in order to get to this point?

• Love 1

Of course Nathan doesn't think Silas might want to know his dead wife is really alive. 

So are we supposed to believe Rafe became a coke head because his high school crush rejected him?

I feel sorry for TeCa having to do a dead baby story while pregnant. 

• Love 3
(edited)

oh, how could I forget to mention this classic line

"if that test isn't positive, tonight, Kiki will be dining alone and you'll be dining . . . . . . . . . in hell"

I am sincerely confused why Carly wants her sons to make peace with their god-awful father. Why does Morgan (or Michael) have to make peace? I know Carly in general is in awful mom (although I kinda like her around Morgan) but in this case, I don't get what's in it for her. It's not like she gets any more power from being Mrs or ex Mrs Corinthos. 

So that was cocaine? I thought that shit was powdery

I really have no clue, just threw a random drug out there, heh.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Today I missed the first half hour of the show. BRR (Before ReRon) I would have been searching like a fiend to find it online because I couldn't even wait one day to watch it On Demand. Now? Not so much. I think there's a reservation on the Barge with my name on it. Honestly, Molly is the only one keeping me watching. Also, Rafe AND Nina in the same day? Oh man, I never thought I'd feel bad for Sabrina, and I was right because I still don't feel bad for Sabrina, but I do feel bad for TC having to play out this stupid useless storyline while she's pregnant in real life. Does Ron just really hate women that much?

And dubble zout, I am the Queen of Formatting Issues, even now I fear formatting these few words lol (also, it's so good to see so many TWOPers here) <3

• Love 1

oh, how could I forget to mention this classic line

"if that test isn't positive, tonight, Kiki will be dining alone and you'll be dining . . . . . . . . . in hell"

I am sincerely confused why Carly wants her sons to make peace with their god-awful father. Why does Morgan (or Michael) have to make peace? I know Carly in general is in awful mom (although I kinda like her around Morgan) but in this case, I don't get what's in it for her. It's not like she gets any more power from being Mrs or ex Mrs Corinthos.

I really have no clue, just threw a random drug out there, heh.

Cujo is stuck on stupid is the only thing I can think of.

(edited)

Of course Nathan doesn't think Silas might want to know his dead wife is really alive.

Silas was so douchey and condescending that I would have changed my mind about telling him his pants were about to burst into flames if he did not move two steps to the side and walked away after grabbing any nearby water bottles. Nathan took his shushing with a lot more kindness towards Silas than his attitude deserved. He showed admirable restraint, though I think part of his calm demeanour owed much to RP's usual deadpan reactions. I'll take his minimalist facial expressions over bug-eyes and jazz-hands any time. 

One more thing, after Fuke's hit on Lucas, I really don't think any of the Jerome/Cassadines would be allowing a random stranger, especially one with with crazy eyes to sit down and bond with baby Danny. 

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 2
(edited)
I do feel bad for TC having to play out this stupid useless storyline while she's pregnant in real life.

I honestly don't understand this. TeCa is an actor on a soap. Yes, the story cuts close to home, but would it be better for her to play out a story where she gives birth under the worst possible conditions? That's basically the only other option, and I can't imagine it would be any less painful to act out. (Maybe I'm just a person with no empathy and a piece of coal where her heart should be.)

Of course, the best situation would be for fucking Ron Carlivati to understand that women are not defined by their uteri, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

This show no longer even bothers to keep a cohesive timeline, imo, it's all over the place. Has it been days or weeks, or in the case of some months, such as with Rafe, which were blissful months indeed, how cruel they had to come to an end.

Ron, you fail at so much I can't list every single thing without having a rage black out, but trying to garner up sympathy and the "feels" for Sabrina losing a kid that was bound to lead a pointless existence anyway, just like his Mami, hasn't worked for me in the slightest.

I don't care he's dying, I don't care about her "pain", how about my pain having to endure a barely adequate actress, imo, struggle to emote in all the heavy duty scenes that surpass her talent level by light years. If anything the only thing that comes to my mind about the whole mess is that Emma is really going to need some sit-down time with Kevin or else who knows what kind of crazy will be brewing inside that little girl.

And really, making Rafe a drug addict? That kid will be able to carry this story line like a basket holds water, epic fail Ron, why you insist on picking such weak actors to play your little pets and then give them material way too much for them to handle is beyond me. Instead of kissing your ass to appease you the cast should be kicking it on an hourly basis.

Oh, and mentioning Ron's pets...the Nina has arrived, there is no god.

Why were there different coloured goldfish on Danny's birthday banner? What kind of random ass theme did they slap together last minute?

Franco is a dweeb.

• Love 4

And really, making Rafe a drug addict? That kid will be able to carry this story line like a basket holds water, epic fail Ron

Oh man, I just realized that ReRon is ReRonning (OLTL)Cole's Mentos addiction with doppelganger Rafe and a wee ziploc of sugar. I think we are in for a crap-load of UCG and probably also a fair bit of intentional comedy gold. This is going to be played for laughs and even the attempts to have serious moments will be risable. 

Silas was so douchey and condescending that I would have changed my mind about telling him his pants were about to burst into flames if he did not move two steps to the side and walked away after grabbing any nearby water bottles. Nathan took his shushing with a lot more kindness towards Silas than his attitude deserved. He showed admirable restraint, though I think part of his calm demeanour owed much to RP's usual deadpan reactions. I'll take his minimalist facial expressions over bug-eyes and azz-hands any time. 

Yeah, I thought Silas was a huge d-bag to Nathan today.  And still, I think Nathan only didn't tell him because of Silas just going on and on and ON about his forever love with Sam.  And I'm betting Silas will rage at him when he finds out Nathan knew something and didn't say anything.  Shut up, dick.

• Love 2
One more thing, after Fukes hit on Lucas, I really don't think any of the Jerome/Cassadines would be allowing a random stranger, especially one with with crazy eyes to sit down and bond with baby Danny.

No no no, what are you talking about! Nina is so beautiful and fragile looking![/sarcasm]

• Love 2

Oh man, I never thought I'd feel bad for Sabrina, and I was right because I still don't feel bad for Sabrina

This made me snort laugh.  Probably because I feel the same way.

• Love 8

My husband walked into the room just as sonny uttered that line, I think he respects me a little less now for watching this show. I can't say I blame him......

Poor little Gabriel. RIP far away from Port Charles little man.

• Love 1
(edited)

A woman who has been in a coma for 20 years would look emaciated, older than her years, have terrible motor skills, probably have trouble communicating and be relearning such basic skills as talking and using appropriate communication skills, and be a little frightening to small children and animals.

So at least casting got the right person for the part......

Edited by boes
  • Love 22

Sam could never in a million years compete with the evilness that was a determined Phyllis. I'd be shocked if MSt plays this character any differently then she played Phyllis. Therefore, Sam and Silis are so over. Months of sad Sam to follow until we get nuJason on the canvas.

So not to make fun (...well, that's not true), but the Patrina fans are coming up with one bonkers theory after another claiming that no way is Gabriel going to die.

I swear, if Sabrina's heavenly touch somehow reverses organ failure, my rage will be mighty.

• Love 1

MW looked good today. That color blue was spectacular on her, and the lippy was great.

When I saw Franco drawing in the park, I wondered if he was going to be drawing creepy caricatures at Danny's birthday party.

Sam has a wad of cash in her purse and doesn't notice it's missing? 

I liked Carly's WTF face when Ava said she was pregnant.

• Love 2

Reading some posts, I thought the spawn already bit it? Bummer.

But I can SO see Ron laughing at the audience and being all meta with Sobby's saintliness and having this ankle biter live. Blah.

• Love 1

So Alexis has gotten Tracy's disease where they nearly blindly believe the men in their lives while their children try to talk sense to them. RC is writing the women stupider than Guza did.

On the up side, at least RC is showing someone try and talk sense to the characters.  If this had been Guza Hospital, no one would have pointed out what Molly did, every single fucking scene would have characters singing out of the "SONNY'S AWESOME!!!  A.J. &/OR RIC SUCKS DEAD DONKEY DICKS!!!" hymnal, even when it made no freekin' sense for their character to do so.  So there's that.

As for the show runner forcing TeCa the pregnant actress to play a dying baby story line-- fuck you, Ron!

Well, this certainly puts the lie to the Kimberly McCullough's fans shrieking insistence that she somehow was uniquely abused by this regime.  

I hate dead baby storylines - I think killing infants for entertainment is just sick - but the whole thing would be rescued for me if someone - anyone - sat Patrick down and hit him with some hard truths.  Like for example, that his whole pretense of pretending to give two shits about his son - i.e., "that baby" was utter bullshit he only engaged in so he wouldn't look bad.  How he is a selfish narcissist who only "loves" people or children when it's convenient for him to do so, or so he'll look good to others. I'm sure the fucker is absolutely relieved that Gabriel did him a solid by dying and relieving him of the awkwardness of his situation.

On the up side, this finally frees Sabrina to dump Patrick's sorry sociopathic ass and find someone who is capable of feelings to be with her.  

I always thought he'd be crying, "abortion!" although if Ava and Morgan were together and there was no Sonny factor, maybe I could see him willing to want to take a chance on raising the baby. But yeah, like you said, the horror of the WTD overshadows everything else. Plus he's not with Ava, he has no job, no place of his own, and is not a very responsible person, and plus that baby would always (at least, he would think so right now) be a reminder of the crypt rut even if it was his baby. So him suggesting an abortion made sense to me.

Besides the factors you mentioned, there are others which make abortion a sensible option in this case (Ava's age, for example).  But of course, by pointing out the sensible option Morgan will of course be portrayed as in the wrong.  >:(

• Love 4
Besides the factors you mentioned, there are others which make abortion a sensible option in this case (Ava's age, for example)

Assuming Ava is around Maura West's real age of 42, I don't think it's that old to have a baby. There are many reasons for Ava to abort, but I don't think her age is one of them.

• Love 2

So not to make fun (...well, that's not true), but the Patrina fans are coming up with one bonkers theory after another claiming that no way is Gabriel going to die.

I swear, if Sabrina's heavenly touch somehow reverses organ failure, my rage will be mighty.

Really?  Do elaborate (I'm sick, but I have a thing for nutso fans and their crackpot theories.  If for no other reason than, I've come up with a few desperate ones myself in the past.)

Ava's pregnancy should be more inevitably doomed than Sabrina's for one reason: there's no drama in the actual child existing--or at least very little, assuming it's Morgan's--only the pregnancy.  And considering Sonny's existing four kids, there's no sense in giving him another one.  That said, if baby Gabriel does indeed bite it, then I think that restores the tick-tock balance after little Georgie and Rocco (Fluke eyeroll).

(edited)

Today was the first full ep I've watched in two months.  I never thought id say this, but major kudos to Teresa Castillo!  I still hated Sobby, but TCa as an actress did a great job today.

If she been taking acting classes, she needs to give the teacher's number to RHo and JD; both of them were simply awful today.  

As for MSt as NINA, I cant even hate because I cant muster up the energy to.  Id rather re-watch the lady in white story than this whatever with NINA and Silas.

ETA: Ah-deeee-yohhoos Gehhh-brrrrreee-eeLLL.  You're better off not living in a town full of du mbasses anyway!

Edited by Tiger

Today was the first full ep I've watched in two months.  I never thought id say this, but major kudos to Teresa Castillo!  I still hated Sobby, but TCa as an actress did a great job today.

If she been taking acting classes, she needs to give the teacher's number to RHo and JD; both of them were simply awful today.  

As for MSt as NINA, I cant even hate because I cant muster up the energy to.  Id rather re-watch the lady in white story than this whatever with NINA and Silas.

That's the thing.  RoHo isn't a bad actor.  Quite good, in fact...when he gives a fuck.  Which he currently is not in spades.  Not that I blame him.  They saddled him with probably the stupidest idea in the history of stupid soap ideas.  And I think he's figured out, by now, Ron's writing is shit, so he doesn't feel any need to rise above the level on his own.

• Love 1
I write this with no snark whatsoever: Patrick and Sabrina don't really know each other.

This is true of basically every RC-created couple.  The man is terrible at relationships.  The only one he's done that I can think of that made any sense at all was Nik/Britt, who at least shared crazy criminal family.  Even then, the build-up wasn't done well enough to give the sense that Britt was more to Nik than someone he liked and respected who could understand what she was getting herself into and help him raise his child. 

And pardon if I missed something by fast-forwarding, but is Sam really Rafe's guardian?  I thought she lost that court battle.  Don't Rafe and Kiki both live with Silas now?  Why are they never around?  I find this whole setup very confusing.

• Love 1
(edited)
there's no drama in the actual child existing--or at least very little, assuming it's Morgan's--only the pregnancy.

That's the case for 99 percent of soap kids, IMO. The pregnancy is a plot point, and then when the kids are SORASed, they become plot points of their own.

Edited by dubbel zout

But I can SO see Ron laughing at the audience and being all meta with Sobby's saintliness and having this ankle biter live. Blah.

This is my biggest fear. 

• Love 2

And pardon if I missed something by fast-forwarding, but is Sam really Rafe's guardian?  I thought she lost that court battle.  Don't Rafe and Kiki both live with Silas now?  Why are they never around?  I find this whole setup very confusing.

I was confused too! I thought Silas was the legal guardian. I also had no idea Sam moved in with Silas but I do admit I FF a lot of their scenes. Today's episode was weirdly disjointed and I think it took me 15 minutes to get through.