Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I typically can't stand Morgan but stick Kiki in his sphere and he suddenly doesn't seem so bad.

I'm the opposite - he deteriorates quickly for me when he's around Kiki. Then again, is there anyone that isn't made worse by being in Kiki's sphere?

• Love 2

Seriously, Ron is stupid. Billy Miller is hands down the hottest slice of beefcake on this show. He's yum yum give me some. I'll take two of him over cardboard Nathan anyday. And much like SK, he can get another job tomorrow. He doesn't need this shit show. At all.

• Love 1

That's the line I was referring to.  It was really inappropriate.  She is his nurse.  He is a patient.  It sounded like something Brad would say. Totally skeevy IMO.

I actually saw that scene totally differently . I think Liz's comment about there not being much chance of Jake getting flabby, coupled with her looking at the gruel he was expected to eat for breakfast, was more of a jab at the hospital food being so terrible and unappetizing that nobody would be tempted to overeat. 

• Love 1

Is New Danny heavily drugged?  That kid was spaced out, right up until the weird "Daddy" BS.  

I really think he is. He was literally not there at all during any scene. It was like he was a doll. It creeps me out. And then he suddenly perked up for the "Daddy" bs. It gave me the heebies jeebies.

I actually saw that scene totally differently . I think Liz's comment about there not being much chance of Jake getting flabby, coupled with her looking at the gruel he was expected to eat for breakfast, was more of a jab at the hospital food being so terrible and unappetizing that nobody would be tempted to overeat. 

I could maybe see this, but not with the way Liz/BH looked at Jakeson/the tone in her voice when she said the line.

• Love 1
Great to know Liz has grown not an inch emotionally in the intervening years.

Has any character? That's one thing I hate about this show. The characters pay lip service to learning, but make the same dumb decisions time after time. Ron is so lazy.

You know what might actually destroy Michael?  <snip> And maybe, juuuuusssst maybe, that his mother is marrying the man responsible for his rape.  Sheesh.

Michael knows Carly and Franco are planning to get married–he was idiotic enough to agree to be the best man.

Either spill or butt the hell out.

Why does Ron keep putting Lauren into situations she knows nothing about? Gah. It doesn't connect her to the canvas, it makes her look like an annoying buttinsky.

Franco. If only because it isn't possible to make Franco worse than he already is.

Au contrair. Never forget Franco as Link.

Yup. Colbalt Stargazer, are you TRYING to challenge Ron? ;) Do you want him to give us a week straight of Franco crying in Carly's lap? Montages of him painting his pain away? Scenes with Spencer where they play chess and discuss philosophy? Doing zoomba classes with Nina? No no. Franco can ALWAYS get worse.

Great to know Liz has grown not an inch emotionally in the intervening years.

Has any character? That's one thing I hate about this show. The characters pay lip service to learning, but make the same dumb decisions time after time. Ron is so lazy.

Michael? Lulu? I mean, Lulu is mostly mature because she has no plot, but still. Patrick is skeevy but I'd still say he's still more mature than in his early days.

I don't think characters never changing is solely a Ron problem or a GH problem, but a problem inherit to the genre. Which is why I think characters should leave more often, so they aren't in the same recycled stuff over and over.

• Love 2

Yup. Colbalt Stargazer, are you TRYING to challenge Ron? ;) Do you want him to give us a week straight of Franco crying in Carly's lap? Montages of him painting his pain away? Scenes with Spencer where they play chess and discuss philosophy? Doing zoomba classes with Nina? No no. Franco can ALWAYS get worse.

Jesus fuck,ulkis, you scared me. I had this nightmare vision of Franco playing chess with Spencer Reid, my favorite character from Criminal Minds, and now I feel like I made a bear and want to undo it. Uncle, uncle! ;-)

• Love 3

It seems as though they (or at least the promo department) definitely want us to be hyped about Franco! and Nina!, the scandalous supercouple of villains just like blah blah blah various-soap-couples-of-the-80s-and-90s, so I have a feeling we're in for at least another 6-9 months of that disaster as they struggle to reheat the embers of these two actors' past glories (which do not bear mentioning). I hope I am wrong and they kill Franco off soon as part of this, but I highly doubt it - I think it is as I feared. They both make each other twice as unwatchable.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

Liz has boundary issues, and frankly their interactions reeks of Jason and Courtney first meeting.

Yes, Liz has boundary issues, no doubt. And wow, the nicest thing I can say about that J/C/AJ scene is that C's hair looked quite healthy. There is absolutely nothing entertaining or appealing about the three characters there. I had to roll my eyes at her assumption that he wanted a sexual favor in return for giving up his eggs. You and your husband were NOT all that.

Michael? Lulu? I mean, Lulu is mostly mature because she has no plot, but still. Patrick is skeevy but I'd still say he's still more mature than in his early days.

I'll also like to add Sam to this list. She's come a loooong way from the woman who appeared in PC. I laughed when she was referred to as trailer trash the other day. That insult was true for old Sam, but couldn't be more unsuitable for the person she's become. 

How about Anna? She's as mature as you can get on soaps. 

• Love 1

It seems as though they (or at least the promo department) definitely want us to be hyped about Franco! and Nina!, the scandalous supercouple of villains just like blah blah blah various-soap-couples-of-the-80s-and-90s, so I have a feeling we're in for at least another 6-9 months of that disaster as they struggle to reheat the embers of these two actors' past glories (which do not bear mentioning). I hope I am wrong and they kill Franco off soon as part of this, but I highly doubt it - I think it is as I feared.

I think we're in for more of the same crap for a while - I saw someone saying that Ron said in SOD this week that the audience feels sorry for Franco, so. I don't want to quote that for sure yet, until I see a more expanded version is posted, but if it's true and not taken out of context or anything - I don't think Franco is getting killed off quite yet. That said, the Flash got picked up for a full season so hopefully this gig turns into something more for Roger.

• Love 4

I think we're in for more of the same crap for a while - I saw someone saying that Ron said in SOD this week that the audience feels sorry for Franco, so. I don't want to quote that for sure yet, until I see a more expanded version is posted, but if it's true and not taken out of context or anything - I don't think Franco is getting killed off quite yet.

I knew it, I fucking knew it.  So it's supposed to be okay that Franco is manipulating the boy whose rape he helped engineer and is about to let loose a violent maniac because the audience allegedly feels sorry that his wittle fweelings got hurt?  UGH UGH UGH!

Edited by TeeVee329

I'd really like to know what drugs Ron is taking, or what's in his flask, or what dreamland does he live in and how do I get to it?

Why is he so damn intent on "redeeming" a SERIAL KILLER? Oh of course, because he stuck Roger in the role, which has turned into one of his biggest fuck ups to date and that's saying something.

He just refuses to accept that Franco was created to be a short term villain, guilty of the most heinous and unforgivable crimes. It was one of Guza's specialties, he could come up with some pretty sick puppies. Manny, for instance, was another twisted, demented example of that.

I saw in the previews that, yet again, the SERIAL KILLER has gone to visit Mummy...it just never ends,

I get what y'all are saying about Franco, but.....I still prefer him 100 % over Sonny.

How sad is it that I prefer a serial killer over a Mini Mobster?

Oh, and I'm afraid I've come down with a bad case of NULONH. (No Upper Limit on Nina Hate)

Rosalie's secret is obviously that she is the new Companion to Doctor Who, and they are spreading nasty rumors about Nina all over the galaxy. ;)

• Love 8

I think we're in for more of the same crap for a while - I saw someone saying that Ron said in SOD this week that the audience feels sorry for Franco, so.

Jesus. I mean, I can believe that Ron would say that, because Ron is an idiot, but who are these audience members he thinks feels sorry for Franco?

• Love 2

I knew it, I fucking knew it.  So it's supposed to be okay that Franco is manipulating the boy whose rape he helped engineer and is about to let loose a violent maniac because the audience allegedly feels sorry that his wittle fweelings got hurt?  UGH UGH UGH!

I'm not really upset about it because like everything else Franco, it won't work (if redeeming Franco is still what Ron is set on). Whether it's Ron finally giving up or this show getting cancelled on him, Franco won't work out.

• Love 1

I guess maybe that’s just Silas’ MO: drifting through life, staring blankly and falling into a parade of indifferent vaginas.

I become very envious when other writers come up with gems like this. 

And who feels sorry for Franco? Which 5 people feel sorry for him? I know Ron is on Twitter all the time so I need to look at his replies and find out who is actually enjoying this schlocky nonsense. 

Edited by Box305
  • Love 3

Will feeling sorry for Franco bring Sonny down? No. Then don't give a shit.

Unpopular opinion but I would rather Sonny brought Franco down. Sonny and Carly as much as I despise them are tools for RC's "feel sorry for Franco" project.  I resent manipulation and RC has and admitted he is doing just that when it comes to Franco.

I don't like Sonny despite his dimples, but I will be damned if I'll root for the raping murdering psycho with the heart of gold over him. Or anyone for that matter. 

• Love 2

Can (Rosalie) start wiping people off the face of the earth, then?

Only if she gets the minions away from Sabweeeena. ("Pardon, Your Most Holy Who Is Never Alone...")

Unpopular opinion but I would rather Sonny brought Franco down. Sonny and Carly as much as I despise them are tools for RC's "feel sorry for Franco" project.  I resent manipulation and RC has and admitted he is doing just that when it comes to Franco.

I don't like Sonny despite his dimples, but I will be damned if I'll root for the raping murdering psycho with the heart of gold over him. Or anyone for that matter. 

At this stage, I'm rooting for ebola to bring down Sonny, so I'm not picky who does it.

• Love 10

I'm torn, because while Franco is obviously vile, Sonny has been vile for so much longer that it's hard to not root for anyone who wants to destroy him. Franco, Heather, Liesl, Freddy Kruger, anyone. I'd root for syphilis before I'd root for Sonny, and if you want to split hairs, he only technically didn't rape Karen Wexler because he fed her drugs to get her to strip, and then told her she enjoyed being molested by her father. So it's really six of one and half a dozen of the other.

• Love 9

Does it make sense if I don't feel sorry for Franco but am enjoying his revenge? 

I find Heather more rootable than Franco/Carly/Sonny.I mean at least you know she'll be going back to the loony bin indefentiley when all this is over.Nothing will happen to the rest none of them will go to jail or anything.

• Love 6

If I feel sorry for anyone, it's AJ, Micheal, Monica, and Roger Howarth. I hope Roger's career takes off so he can quit. May everyone remember the glory days of Todd Manning.

This story needs to be about a young man realizing his entire life has been a lie. It's an emotional tale that doesn't need embarassing promos. Just one good emotional promise that the fans want. Justice for AJ. Justice for the Quartermaines. The good guy finally winning out. Because Jason, Sonny, and Luke were never your anti hero. AJ Quartermaine was. He was the one fans liked no matter what. And letting SK share scenes with CD made Micheal that much better. Micheal isn't Jason. He's what AJ could have been. The beautiful irony in this needs to be that the thing taking Sonny down is the thing he fought the hardest for. AJ's son.

• Love 14

Wow about Ron and his idea about Franco.

I was wholly and completely on the barge when James Franco was on the show, so my introduction to Franco was on the Haunted Starr.  That's where he told a woman, "Look, I know you think I raped you, but all I did was strip you naked, splay your body on a bed, lay on top of you, and then let you think you'd been raped for a year or so.  So, bygones? If not, hey, I understand you may be all emotional and stuff, but I forgive you that irrational frailty."

It's safe to say that I will never feel an ounce of sympathy or even tolerance for Franco. Ever.

• Love 12

I'm annoyed that Kevin Collins has not been used in the NuJason storyline yet. Dr. O wants him to be stop being such an expensive patient, give up any medical insurance info pronto - the first thing she should have done is demand that Kevin work with NuJason to get his memory working.But NO, logic can't factor into this. GH would rather relegate Kevin to the status of that husband Lucy humiliated because she supposedly can't resist pinhead/Chia hair Scott.

• Love 3

Why would anyone feel sorry for Predator Franco? Because his twu wuv is screwing around, the same thing she does to every other man in her busy bed? Enough with Franco's Pity Party. Noone has any fucks to give about his widdle hurt feelings.

Ron can and has pushed this character every way and it is still flop. I see chemistry with Nina but it doesn't negate that the character is total fail.

I'm annoyed that Kevin Collins has not been used in the NuJason storyline yet. Dr. O wants him to be stop being such an expensive patient, give up any medical insurance info pronto - the first thing she should have done is demand that Kevin work with NuJason to get his memory working.But NO, logic can't factor into this. GH would rather relegate Kevin to the status of that husband Lucy humiliated because she supposedly can't resist pinhead/Chia hair Scott.

They keep mentioning that he's still in town and still works at GH - Britt recommended him to Nina a while back - so it is garbage we haven't seen him since, when, May?

• Love 1

The only time I've ever seen Kevin was at the Nurses Ball. I don't really even consider him a character, I've seen all the children more than him, except this supposed child of Liz's called Aiden. Him I've never seen.

Bringonthedrama thanks for the Scotty nickname. He will forever be ChiaHair to me now. heh!

I don't loathe Franco b/c I know nothing of "bad Franco" but I also don't feel sorry for him. I mean he was proactive learned the truth and is actively planning sweet revenge. I am rooting for his evil plan but not b/c I feel sorry for him.

• Love 2

They keep mentioning that he's still in town and still works at GH - Britt recommended him to Nina a while back - so it is garbage we haven't seen him since, when, May?

I'd say that's about accurate. The last time I recall seeing him was when Kevin and Mac were sitting on the floor of the Floating Rib, making amends after the bar fight.

Speaking of Mac ...these writers have an organic way to tell the Jason-back-to-life story and use legacy characters in the process so of course they're not going to do it. I would think by now Mac knows from Anna that Robin was really at that clinic up 'til recently and why, that she's not coming back to Emma, etc.. I could see him having a beer and being very upset that his beloved niece is not returning to PC to be with her whole family, especially Emma. Kevin has a drink with him, and Mac unloads the Robin info. in confidence. Kevin is working with NuJason to recover his memory, and starts to put the pieces together. I'm not saying Kevin would be all "Guess what! This guy Jake is really Jason, Robin succeeded!" BUT I think he could figure out that it was likely (based on where NuJason was found and his partial memories) this Jake guy came from that clinic and possibly benefited from the work Robin was doing. 

It could be great because actor JL has talent, Kevin knows/knew the Qs from his years working at the hospital, he has a lot of personal history with Robin's uncle and aunt, and can't stand Franco.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 3

All I know is the story is more interesting if Jason knows who he is. That's when actual drama and emotions start. What's going on right now is filler and delay because that's all RC knows how to write. The leadups to the real story.

That and he needs to think of another person who can kidnap Robin after Jason eventually regains his memory.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

Hey, Monica!  But ugh, she was wasted on Jason reminiscing and had to be reminded by Alice (who, hey, hard to get air time when you don't need a plot point heart transplant, huh) about her other dead son.  I am glad she and Ned told the ever-pathetic Tracy to get bent.

I don't understand how people like Lulu can listen to Carly call Franco (the SERIAL KILLER) a good man and not respond with, "Yeah, I guess, except for the time he kidnapped me and strapped me to a bomb.  Otherwise, he's a doll."

Oh great, now I'm sure Ron will try to blame all of this on Heather because Franco had a moment of regret and Heather pushed him to stick with the plan.  Whatever, show.

If Heather murders Shawn, I will reinstate my fan club membership card.

Sonny has some balls going into the Q crypt.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

I can't believe they said Carly has always had Lulu's back?uh okay.

Heather totally manipulating Franco was hilarous.REminds me of what scotty said once about Heather being able to manipulate people better than anybody he knew lol.Heather being stuck with sean though not good unless she can kill him being stuck with him is worse than the loony bin lol.

THe Jason/liz scenes were boring although nice to see them mentoning liza art.

• Love 5

The best scenes were Franco/Heather and Dante/Olivia. Heather nailed Carly's MO. Who needs Kevin when Heather can psychoanaliyze PC? (Sarcasm) Heather needs to bring up Shawn's obvious failures. I can watch that shit. Heather vs The Gummy Bear Mafia. Yes.

So Carly saw Jason, her ears perked, her chasity belt fell off, and she doesn't recognize him? Touché Ron. Shenanigans. Billy Miller pulled off better facial expressions in one half a scene saying Franco than Steve Burton did during OG Franco's story.

Upon seeing Sonny strut in the Q crypt and roll his eyes at AJ's grave, all I can say is the, Sonny, the. So sorry AJ had to die from your bullet wound and be buried in his family's crypt. So sorry he was Jason's brother. So sorry he existed. The, Sonny, the.

• Love 3

Very true, Heatlifer.

Sonny having the audacity to re-enter the Q crypt and go straight to Jason's spot to ask him to talk some sense into Carly about NotTodd!Franco makes me wish that spot he's standing on would go up in flames since Jason is now back-from-the-dead. 

Even I had to roll my eyes at NuJason wanting Elizabeth to paint him something - enough with the milking of their history, show. Um, how about NOT in the 'art therapy' studio of the psycho who had Elizabeth's newborn son kidnapped, dude. I did like her explanation of why Dr. O likes "Franco." I'm also amused that NuJason's eyes didn't light up/smile when Carly walked in. His expression was like, "Yeah? What? Do you need something?" as LW was doing her best 'Carly feels emotional at seeing Jason again even though he has a stranger's face.'

• Love 2
Even I had to roll my eyes at NuJason wanting Elizabeth to paint him something - enough with the milking of their history, show.

But dontcha know, Jiz was this Grand Romance! Wasn't Jason the one Liz was painteeeeeeeen the wind with? Or am I conflating that with something else?

Hey, Monica!  But ugh, she was wasted on Jason reminiscing and had to be reminded by Alice (who, hey, hard to get air time when you don't need a plot point heart transplant, huh) about her other dead son.  I am glad she and Ned told the ever-pathetic Tracy to get bent.

I need Tracy dead at this point. It's like, hey, Tracy, if Luke weren't such a scumbag maybe people would care. But he is and they don't.

Tracy's unrequited love would be kind of touching if Luke treated the people around him half-way decently, but he doesn't. Like, at least with Sonny and Carly I believe that he CARES about her, one way or another, even when he's threatening to kill her. He notices she's around. If Tracy disappeared Luke would be all, "my wife is a grown woman, I don't keep track of her" and that's it.

Poor Franco all he wanted was for Carly to wuv him back. Ugh, lock him and Sonny in the crypt together.

• Love 5