Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Now Kristina is unknowingly covering for Sonny's Croydon crime.  She thinks she is covering for her grandfather.  It is clear that Mike needs much more care than Sonny can provide, however, Sonny is too chicken shit to do the right thing and look out for Mike and his families best interest because he does not want his father to say the wrong thing to the wrong person.  Because Sonny, Mike continues to be a danger to himself and others.  Poor Mike "kidnapped" Avery because he was confused and now Kristina was in an explosion because of Sonny's selfishness.  -This is not the first time Kristina was caught up in an explosion that was caused by her father.  Remember when he tried to blow up Johnny Zachara?-  When Kristina finds out about the body in the pub's basement she will put the pieces together and realize Mike set off the explosion to cover for Sonny's crime.  She will become an accessory after the fact to her father's role in a murder.  He knows his way around the law so he is aware of this and will do nothing.   For a man of "honor" who loves his kids he is such a coward.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

How does [Monica] have enough time and energy to take care of 3 small children?

I think "Monica has the kids" is more often than not shorthand for "Leo's nanny is being grossly exploited and taking care of everyone." 

I'm glad Elizabeth told Franco in no uncertain terms that regardless of whether he thinks he's "taken care of" whatever goes on with the boys, she needs to know what's happening. Ugh.

There was no reason for Julian to thank Jason for getting Kristina. He could have just said he was glad she was okay and left it there. But of course we can never pass up the opportunity to show how wonderful Jason always is.

Day player ER doctor gave me Patrick-lite vibes.

Drew and Margaux are SO BORING. Tying that dumb body to her does not improve that. We all know she'll never bring Sonny or Jason down, she'll probably end up sleeping with one or both of them, and she'll be completely ineffective as a DA. Those wineglasses they were drinking from were pathetic. Those are water goblets! They couldn't recycle the glasses Elizabeth and Franco were using?

• Love 5

At least if the DA is sleeping with Jason then he's not sleeping with Sam. The two of them are a cure for insomnia.

If she sleeps with Sonny, then maybe we'll stop the schnoopy CarSon scenes. Win-win.

I see they recycled that fake Margaux Hemingway story. Ugh. (Her given name was Margot)  There is so much they could have done with Drew finding a mystery as he regains bits and pieces of his memory  but instead they make him another spear-carrier for the Sonny and Jason hour.

I wish they had done more with Kristina being almost blown up by Sonny because he was targetting Johnny Z., and now almost being blown up becuase Mike was covering up Sonny's crime. They even have the same Kristina.  But no, not this show.

Poor Chase. Trying to do his job as a cop, and bound to fail Because Sonny.

Two things I liked about today:  Julian showed the right amount of concern/attitude to Sonny about both Mike and Kristina.  He was stupidly swaggering, he wasn't kissing Sonny's ring and apologizing for his pub getting blown up.

The other thing is the Liz/Franco conversation.  I know Franco isn't liked here but I thought that was a good scene.  It's a real issue in many blended families and Liz handled it very well, telling him that she loves him and wants him to co-parent but the buck stops with her.

• Love 9

Was Madeline murdered?  She rots in jail for months, then suddenly the secret comes out and she's dead. 

Also, did she know she was going to die and put together the package that the lawyers sent to Neenah?  And does telling her about a stolen child really make up for the last 20-odd years without said child?  It's not as if Nina can start over.

Gas explosions pretty much level a building, leaving a pile of matchstick-sized wood.  Where exactly did the boards come from? 

Liz and Franco's parenting discussion bored me to tears.  They have a chance to advance stories, and yet they blather on with this stuff.  What about the Cassadine from the car?  Why rescue Cassandra? 

• Love 1

This show has HORRIBLE pacing. We haven't seen or heard from Ryan since the swap with Kevin in Ferncliff (and even that swap was two/three weeks after they had the side-by-side scenes to show that yes, one of the brothers was in Ferncliff), but God forbid we miss a scene about the body in Croton or Nina's long-lost child.

I like seeing Robin but what the heck is she doing preaching eventual forgiveness for Peter to Maxie? Your alleged half-brother didn't make a mistake, Robin, he played a huge part in getting your cousin's husband killed and is the reason baby James won't know his dad. 

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 8

Is it just me or are Finn and Chase actually kind of cute together now that they've put whatever their problem was behind them?  Also loved their scene with Robert.  

Oscar and Cam = what?  They beat each other up then make up.  Teenage boys don't behave like that.  

If Franco seeing Liz and Drew hug about Oscar makes Franco jealous and stupid again, Imma hafta to punch someone.  I am NOT here for round 3834849 of Franco is jealous.  

I like the friendship between Liz and Kim but everytime I see them together, my mind goes back to the panic room story when TB was playing Carly.  Good time, good times!!

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Perkie said:

Is it just me or are Finn and Chase actually kind of cute together now that they've put whatever their problem was behind them? 

And what happened to that whole thing with the dad?  If they just cut it off at the pass, very abrupt.  If it's still to reemerge, more bad pacing.

• Love 3

My god, Sonny's such an unrelenting asshole. I knew that already, of course, but the way he sneered at Julian today made me grit my teeth. Mike nearly destroyed Julian's place of business and Julian was gracious enough to look the other way, Sonny could MAYBE tone down the derision for a day or two.

I shamelessly loved Chase and Finn getting along and bonding over being insulted by Robert. Their dynamic was super cute today (and including Roxy is cute, too), I hope we see more of it.

Franco: gets bent out of shape over Liz maybe not baring every detail of her soul to him, then stares at her and Drew in apparent jealousy. Me: [long-suffering sigh]. Not only do I not desire another glimpse into Franco's never-ending insecurities, I also don't need him involved in Oscar's health crisis. Let him meddle in Cam's life all he wants, but keep his bullshit wisdom and art therapy prowess away from Oscar.

Edited by Linny
  • Love 15
28 minutes ago, Linny said:

My god, Sonny's such an unrelenting asshole. I knew that already, of course, but the way he sneered at Julian today made me grit my teeth. Mike nearly destroyed Julian's place of business and Julian was gracious enough to look the other way, Sonny could MAYBE tone down the derision for a day or two.

I really want Julian to hold Mike's deliberate messing with the gas line over Sonny's head for a while. It's dick move, sure, and Julian will eventually lose, of course, but Sonny deserves it.

• Love 8

I think they're going for "Julian has completely reformed" so he's going to be the nice guy in this.  It's not necessarily a bad thing because if Julian tried to fight Sonny, he'd get massacred.

I liked the brief moment of Drew and Franco there for each other before they went with the stupid Franco is jealous for the 394939th time.

Is it just my wishful thinking or does Robert hold Finn in contempt because he's not good enough for Anna. Which is true.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Liz? Kim told you about Oscar because she wanted your support as a co-worker and friend, she didn't give you permission to tell Franco. 

Yeah, WTF was that? Franco doesn't need to know about Oscar's health if Kim doesn't want him to know. If his little childish feelings are hurt over her keeping this from him, then so be it. Franco needs to grow up.

• Love 5

He kind of waffles back and forth.  He would very rarely call him dad or "my dad" back when they finally got to some kind of understanding when he lived in town.  Mostly he's called him Mike, but I think the Dad thing now is intentional so Mike remembers who he is, lol.

• Love 2

Stop yelling at your father, Sonny!

17 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Liz? Kim told you about Oscar because she wanted your support as a co-worker and friend, she didn't give you permission to tell Franco. 

Eh, I think it's something you'd share with a SO. Kim and Elizabeth were talking as friends, not health professionals. Franco doesn't have to be an asshole about it, but he's Franco, so he will be. Anyway, Kim's the one who's wrong to keep Oscar's illness from him in the first place.

3 hours ago, Linny said:

I shamelessly loved Chase and Finn getting along and bonding over being insulted by Robert. Their dynamic was super cute today (and including Roxy is cute, too), I hope we see more of it.

I also liked the joke about the half-brothers sharing half a cup of coffee.

Tomorrow: The return of Lulu Falconeri, Girl Reporter! I can't wait.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Is it just my wishful thinking or does Robert hold Finn in contempt because he's not good enough for Anna. Which is true.

And it works for me. I ❤️❤️that there’s at least one good guy who gets to sneer, be a smart ass, and SEXAY, to boot.

• Love 2

Carly: you proved yesterday you love your family.

Me: yes, because blowing up a building and almost killing multiple innocent bystanders, nevermind your obnoxious granddaughter, is like a warm hug.

christ, the Corinthii and their disgusting, amoral code of honor is breathtaking in its awfulness.

• Love 14

christ, the Corinthii and their disgusting, amoral code of honor is breathtaking in its awfulness.

Especially in comparison to 'what-could-have-been' with placing the scorpios as the head family in PC.  Exhibit A - The contrast in yesterday's episode between the acting of FH/TR compared to  LW/MB.  It's not just the awfulness in the Corinthii brand, because Maura West and WDV scenes were smoother.  What a mistake not to have these two actors come aboard as physicians.  I still hold out hope that this show can outlast the blight that the Corinthos family has stained the Port Charles community.  MB/LW are way past their 'sell by' date.  Who wants to turn in to see how they get away with crimes and think that their brand of justice should be the rule of the land?  Not me.

• Love 5

Not that I’m watching except for when Robert and Robin make appearances, but I wonder, if the asshats realized what day it was when they aired the explosion? It’s just an observation, considering it seems all media and entertainment veers away from anything explosionary on the anniversary of 9/11.

• Love 7
On 9/11/2018 at 3:01 PM, dubbel zout said:

I wonder if he ever will. It's not like the show will use it to give Drew any story.

And that is so frustrating.  Ever since they had Billy stop being Jason and start being Drew, I've been impressed with him.  He seems to have chemistry with just about everyone and even in the annoying scenes with Margeaux, he is able to give us something worth seeing.  I don't understand the people in charge.  Instead, they are going to focus on more Sonny, Jason, and Carly wo give us a whole bunch of nothing at best and obnoxiousness at worst.

15 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Right? I'm all about married (not that they are married, but whatever) people not keeping secrets from each other, but there is a difference between keeping a secret and just not telling him what doesn't concern him. The Oscar situation doesn't concern him.  It doesn't concern Liz. It has nothing to do with Liz and Franco as a couple. I don't even agree with her telling him if he asks a direct question.  First, why would he?  And second, even if he did, she could just tell him that it is a situation that was told to her in confidence and didn't have any impact on their lives so it shouldn't be shared.  It's that simple.

17 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I liked the brief moment of Drew and Franco there for each other before they went with the stupid Franco is jealous for the 394939th time.

I'm with you.  I wouldn't mind a Franco/Drew friendship.  They actually laid the groundwork or a friendship.  And now they are going to do this crap? I wanted to see Franco with a relationship with someone other than Liz and occasionally Leisl.  I wanted Drew to get more interaction with other characters because Billy is good with so many other actors.  But no.  The writers can't possibly give us anything like that.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, LillyB said:

Poor Drew, this thing with Oscar is breaking his heart.

I wish he'd tell Kim to stuff it and break the news to Oscar. It's so gross Oscar doesn't know what's going on.

6 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Maura West and WDV scenes were smoother

I usually enjoy seeing the Jerome siblings together, but yesterday's scenes didn't work for me. Maybe it was Ava thinking Julian knew about the skeleton? Her "tell the nice detective you don't know anything about the body" seemed unnecessarily snarky or condescending or something.

1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:
18 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'm with you.  I wouldn't mind a Franco/Drew friendship.  They actually laid the groundwork or a friendship.  And now they are going to do this crap? I wanted to see Franco with a relationship with someone other than Liz and occasionally Leisl. 

Franco is petulant enough the way it is; I don't need him to feel threatened when Elizabeth talks to anyone who isn't him. More grossness pretending to be twu wuv. 

51 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I usually enjoy seeing the Jerome siblings together, but yesterday's scenes didn't work for me. Maybe it was Ava thinking Julian knew about the skeleton? Her "tell the nice detective you don't know anything about the body" seemed unnecessarily snarky or condescending or something.

I didn't take it that way. It was more like she was being sisterly and reminding Julian that it's a bad idea to have suspicious pauses in front of a cop.  

• Love 1

Why would Liz ever need to tell Franco about Oscar even if he asks? Because she's the sole member of his cult and master Franco must know everything? What's this show's inspiration for this couple? 2007 Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes? Oscar has nothing to do with their relationship. Not telling him does't effect them in any way. Also, isn't there a form of doctor patient confidentiality at play here? Isn't telling Franco about a patient's personal medical situation some sort of HIPAA violation? Anyway, Cam, as Oscar's friend, would be the person in her family she should be most concerned will want to know what's up. And even then, it's not her place to say anything. 

That brings me to another point though. Who will be the one to spill to Oscar? My money is on Cam. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

Also, isn't there a form of doctor patient confidentiality at play here? Isn't telling Franco about a patient's personal medical situation some sort of HIPAA violation?

Kim told Liz as a friend, so HIPPA doesn't apply.  Also Kim is not Oscar's doctor.

• Love 3
Just now, statsgirl said:

Kim told Liz as a friend, so HIPPA doesn't apply.  Also Kim is not Oscar's doctor.

I see and I figured that was the case. I was wondering because Liz did help treat Oscar when he came into the hospital and was told there by Kim about Oscar's condition, albeit in a sidebar. Is Kim not acting as Oscar's doctor in a roundabout way, though? She's examined him I'm sure. Looks after his condition, despite never telling him about it. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out she's been giving Oscar "vitamins" that is really medication. I don't know, the whole thing is weird and dumb. Kim is terrible for doing this. All that aside, Liz should still, as a nurse, respect the privacy of another person's diagnosis. 

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

You could say this about any mom, really.

To a point. Most moms can't potentially write prescriptions for their child that's dying from a brain tumor that they're keeping secret from them. There's been no on screen mention of Kim doing that but I wouldn't be surprised. She has him thinking he gets low blood sugar and faints from it. She's brought him in for tests and mislead him over what they were for. What other stuff is she doing to keep him in the dark? I know first and foremost, she's a mom, not a very good one imo, and most mothers will take care of their sick child. But I think her status as a medical professional adds an extra, icky layer to the choices she's made.  

Edited by CharethCutestory

Why would Liz ever need to tell Franco about Oscar even if he asks? Because she's the sole member of his cult and master Franco must know everything? What's this show's inspiration for this couple? 2007 Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes? Oscar has nothing to do with their relationship. Not telling him does't effect them in any way.

Not a fan of Franco and certainly not of Elizabeth and Franco (and I'm not watching so perhaps I missed something) but I tell my husband stuff about my friends' family that has nothing to do with us as a couple.  I don't actually think its that odd to tell stuff like that to your significant other.  I don't tell him because I'm obligated by some weird relationship contract but just because its the kind of stuff you discuss.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I wish he'd tell Kim to stuff it and break the news to Oscar. It's so gross Oscar doesn't know what's going on.

Oscar and Cameron got into a physical fight yesterday. Maybe he doesn't do that if he knows about it? 

FFS Lulu!  Did we not see her promise Felicia and Maxie that she would 100%, no way, no how write the story about Ryan, and would have even stopped if altogether she could?  But here goes Girl Reporter jumping in with both feet.  And we already saw this story, when she got fooled by LWB/FS.  AAARRRGGGHHH!

Jason suggests Sonny skip town, Sonny says he's not going anywhere, it's all so new and fresh, so invenzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Robin's initial reluctance to have anything to do with LWB/FS was the right call.  The thought of him meeting Emma and Noah makes my skin crawl.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

FFS Lulu!  Did we not see her promise Felicia and Maxie that she would 100%, no way, no how write the story about Ryan, and would have even stopped if altogether she could?  But here goes Girl Reporter jumping in with both feet.  And we already saw this story, when she got fooled by LWB/FS.  AAARRRGGGHHH!

Too bad there's no chance Ryan will make her his next victim.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Jason suggests Sonny skip town, Sonny says he's not going anywhere, it's all so new and fresh, so invenzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Robin's initial reluctance to have anything to do with LWB/FS was the right call.  The thought of him meeting Emma and Noah makes my skin crawl.

We have to give Lulu a few points for at least asking "Kevin" if he was okay with having the story done, though. Which, by the way, does Peter know that Ryan Chamberlin (why Chamberlin and not Collins?) is Lulu's step-uncle?

Peter must be trying to intentionally make Maxie hurt more, because okaying an article being written about the madman that tortured her mother and even kidnapped Maxie and her sister as babies is probably not the best way to endear himself to Maxie and get back into her good graces.

Just now, LexieLily said:

We have to give Lulu a few points for at least asking "Kevin" if he was okay with having the story done, though. Which, by the way, does [LWB/FS] know that Ryan Chamberlin (why Chamberlin and not Collins?) is Lulu's step-uncle?

No I don't, that's also bad journalism.  I get it's Soaps, but ugh, it's so annoying. 

Chamberlin is Ryan and Kevin's mother's maiden name.  I believe, IIRC, dad Victor Collins took Kevin away when they were young and left Ryan with the mother, hence the two different last names.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But now Peter can rescue someone!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

No I don't, that's also bad journalism.  I get it's Soaps, but ugh, it's so annoying. 

Chamberlin is Ryan and Kevin's mother's maiden name.  I believe, IIRC, dad Victor Collins took Kevin away when they were young and left Ryan with the mother, hence the two different last names.

Hee, I like how you changed my "Peter" to LWB/FS ;-)

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

Not a fan of Franco and certainly not of Elizabeth and Franco (and I'm not watching so perhaps I missed something) but I tell my husband stuff about my friends' family that has nothing to do with us as a couple.  I don't actually think its that odd to tell stuff like that to your significant other.  I don't tell him because I'm obligated by some weird relationship contract but just because its the kind of stuff you discuss.

Elizabeth was having some sort of moral dilemma when Kim asked Liz not to tell Franco about Oscar's illness because she doesn't want Oscar finding out.  The fewer people who know, the less likely Oscar is to find out or something.  Anyway, so she asks Liz if she told Franco since she already asked Liz to keep it to herself.  Liz responded that she hadn't told Franco but that they agreed not to keep secrets from each other and would HAVE to tell him if he asked.  I get not keeping secrets from your spouse when it has anything at all to do with you, him, or your relationship.  This doesn't.  No reason she can't tell him that it is a private matter that doesn't concern either of them and was confided in her by her friend about her own private business. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

@TeeVee329 Is Eve the mother of Livvie Locke (I.E. KeMo Not-Sam)?

Nope.  Eve was a newbie doctor at the hospital when the show started, she was basically the secondary female lead on "Port Charles" after Lucy.  When Lucy and Scotty were paired back up, they put Eve with Kevin.  But then Eve and Kevin broke up because Eve cheated on him with Thorsten Kaye.

3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Hee, I like how you changed my "[LWB/FS]" to LWB/FS ;-)

I don't acknowledge That Name in my postings, even if I'm quoting someone. :)

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Too bad there's no chance Ryan will make her his next victim.

If you hate Lulu, that would be bad because then they would talk about her like they did Morgan. No just send her away.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

If you hate Lulu, that would be bad because then they would talk about her like they did Morgan. No just send her away.

Probably not, as she's not a Corinthii (though, by marriage, though again, Dante's off screen, so...).  See: Jones, Georgie.

• Love 1