Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Rushing the baby to the hospital would have made no sense, cuz you need to keep doing CPR until EMTs/doctors can take over and work on the baby, and you cannot do CPR if the baby is in a basket in the back seat. If Brad knew infant CPR, then he surely would know this and his actions are just plain crazypants. 

I think what they are is super contrived to set up the baby switch circumstances - Brad needed to be at the side of that road with poor dead Wylie.

I mean, it's the same with the baby being released from the hospital like six minutes after he was born, there's no way!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also weird?  Those aquarium windows in the baby's nursery.  What IS that lol.

Weren't those in someone's apartment? Milo's loft, maybe? Or an office set? They're a weird repurpose, that's for sure.

Brad driving around with a dead baby in the car is the creepy thing for me. I know he's overwhelmed and he has to connect with Nelle for the swap, but yikes. ETA: Near jinx with @TeeVee329.

7 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

Dr. Kim in her glasses

I thought she looked great in glasses. Of course, my are similar, so I have a bias there. Heh. And given that it was late at night, I like the idea of her taking out her contacts at the end of the day because they're driving her crazy.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Brad driving around with a dead baby in the car is the creepy thing for me.

I couldn't help thinking about Jessica's alter Bess on OLTL doing same, driving the dead baby to the hospital to switch with Hope, and she was being all clinically gatekeeper-y so it was especially creepy.

• Love 3

I thought they had given Kim Bensch's glasses. Or else there's a limited selection at the hospital's optician.

16 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, it's the same with the baby being released from the hospital like six minutes after he was born, there's no way!

My friend, who had the baby last month, got to the hospital at 2 a.m., had the baby at 4:24 and we were out the door by 6 and back home before her other kids woke up to go to school. She never even saw a doctor, it was all done by the midwives.

• Love 3

I mean...I am noooo expect on this subject, but I would think the birth mother being a first time mom plus the adoption aspect would prolong the time the baby spent in the hospital.

But again, it's all contrivance - Brad had to leave the hospital with the baby before Lucas saw him.

1 hour ago, cinsbythesea said:

I have to say - I did not see the dead baby angle coming.  Nelle handing over her newborn to Brad without any emotion at all and telling Michael theirs had died as a final stick it to him was a twist I didn't anticipate.  Dark writing for sure.   I'm sure with all the birth mom and she has 30 days to change her mind mentions we know what's coming.   As much as I loathed Nelle - the show's going to be a bit less interesting without her.   CL played the part perfectly.  

I thought that both babies would be in the hospital.  Nelle's would die, and she'd swap it for Brad and Lucas'.  That was my thought before this Chase nonsense started.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I am gonna be sad whenever the show remembers to tell Monica that her great-grandson, another tie to AJ, is "dead".

Can death even make her sad any more.  First, Dawn died.  Then, AJ died.  Then, Alan Died.  Then, Emily died. Then, Michael was in a coma for a year, or possibly 6, hard to tell since it was a year, yet he aged about 6 years while it was going on.  Maybe they're right.  Too much sleeps ages you faster.  Then, Jason died.  Then, AJ died again.

• Love 1

Jason "I'm going to run off to Canada with Carly for three months. But I have to do something first."  Me:  is it tell Sam and Danny that he's leaving?  Is it tell his son Jake?  No, it's to bring Carly's Mini-me to her.  Would he even have told Sam if he hadn't need her to bring him stuff for the getaway?

How exactly do Sason think that because Carly was a mental patient she's going to get out?  She still broke out of Ferncliffe twice and attacked a nurse.

ECT IS NOT A ILLEGAL IF IT'S NOT VOLUNTARY.   I hate that this is how Carly is going to get off scot free.

Whoever thought that it would be fun to dress Carly and Joss identically with the same side part in their hair was very wrong.

Chase blames himself for the baby dying.  Brad blames himself for Michael's grief. But Michael, a true son of Carly and Sonny, blames everyone else for his situation. At least he accepted responsibility later.  I'm just waiting for Sonny, Carly and Jason to talk him out of it.

Lulu, it didn't occur to Nelle to murder Michael except for his plaaan.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Jason "I'm going to run off to Canada with Carly for three months. But I have to do something first."  Me:  is it tell Sam and Danny that he's leaving?  Is it tell his son Jake?  No, it's to bring Carly's Mini-me to her.  Would he even have told Sam if he hadn't need her to bring him stuff for the getaway?

Let me guess, Sam is totally okay with Jason fleeing the country with a fugitive for three months and probably longer, not seeing or contacting his son(s).

• Love 7

Griffin and Kiki suck.  He wants Ava to be lying to prove that he's a better man, she's scwared of Ava destroying them if she finds out about their tryst, but neither of them actually seem to feel bad about the betrayal.

I was eh on Sam barging in on Lucas and Brad - where is Bobbie?!?! - but I guess I appreciated it giving Brad the opportunity to go to the hospital and get manipulated some more by Nelle.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Joss and Oscar in the opening theme now, grooooan. More blubbering about the wonderful Carly in between fits of teenage hormones, ahoy!

It sure was something to hear Kiki question the veracity of Ava and Nelle's relationship and in nearly the same breath and with zero remorse in her voice remind Griffin that Ava can't find out about their tryst. She's thoroughly heinous but Griffin's misappropriated piety may be worse.

"I'd rather go to prison than be on the run. There's way too much for me here." Ahhh, yes, hunting down dead bodies in between creating new ones, holding Carly's hand through the crisis du jour, blinking at Sam inexplicably and passing it off as chemistry, and vaguely recollecting the names of your children, the Jason Morgan PC experience just can't be replicated!

• Love 4

I miss Luke everyone! Sue me! Sure, TG took the misanthropic shit way too far but at least it enabled him to make up dialogue that punctured some holes in some of the bathetic scenarios. And I am sure he would be eyeing Joss with horror.

• Love 6
On 7/30/2018 at 11:14 PM, CharethCutestory said:

The Corinthii really can't be held responsible for anything. It is amazing. Michael is having a knock down drag out fight with Nelle while behind the wheel of a moving car, swerving, his eyes totally off the road, with a baby on board, and the crash STILL isn't his fault. Conveniently at the exact same moment, Dr. O in her prison transport manages to attack one guard causing the other to swerve right into Michael. And the chosen one is saved from any wrong doing. 

First, none of what you said was true.  Michael wasn't swerving, and they were simply arguing.  HOWEVER, it is interesting how you just gloss over the number of times Nelle grabbed the wheel while Michael was driving which DEFINITELY could have led to a fatal car crash.  THEN you say that it's somehow Michael's fault that Olbrecht overpowered a guard, which distracted the driver of the transport van, who ADMITTED that he got distracted and crossed into the oncoming lane which caused the accident and yet, it STILL should be Michael's fault?!  Wow.

The reason it's not Michael's fault is because it wasn't Michael's fault.  Period.

• Love 1

Okay, sometimes it's the little things. Why why WHY would it be weird for Kiki to leave? Ava went to the hospital, not the fuckin' bathroom! If you go out to eat with someone, and then you leave to make a quick hospital visit to someone, you forfeit any expectation for anyone to wait around for your ass. WTF?

Giant, massive douchechills at Joss and Carly. And everyone thought Lulu was a clone. Gaaah.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Okay, sometimes it's the little things. Why why WHY would it be weird for Kiki to leave? Ava went to the hospital, not the fuckin' bathroom! If you go out to eat with someone, and then you leave to make a quick hospital visit to someone, you forfeit any expectation for anyone to wait around for your ass. WTF?

Also, Ava paid before she left for the hospital, she put a handful of bills down on the table. (I wondered why Griffin, the neurosurgeon, can't pay for his own drinks.)

Why would they feel they couldn't leave?

• Love 3

My guess was that was about fulfilling ER's minimums.

I was wondering if Kiki would cross paths with Chase, there's been a call for that on Twitter, but not this time.  I mean...is anyone actually rooting for her and Griffs to get together for reals?

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Bishop said:

First, none of what you said was true.  Michael wasn't swerving, and they were simply arguing.  HOWEVER, it is interesting how you just gloss over the number of times Nelle grabbed the wheel while Michael was driving which DEFINITELY could have led to a fatal car crash.  THEN you say that it's somehow Michael's fault that Olbrecht overpowered a guard, which distracted the driver of the transport van, who ADMITTED that he got distracted and crossed into the oncoming lane which caused the accident and yet, it STILL should be Michael's fault?!  Wow.

The reason it's not Michael's fault is because it wasn't Michael's fault.  Period.

...Everything I said was true. Watch again. Michael and Nelle were fighting while in a moving vehicle that Michael was behind the wheel of. The very nature of the plan, to have this confession happen in a car while on the road was dangerous and stupid, Chase said as much today. Michael kept glancing over at Nelle, taking his eyes off the road, as if fighting until your veins pop out wasn't distracting enough. Nelle grabbed the wheel, yes. You got that part correct. And guess what, that meant they were swerving and at risk of getting into an accident several times throughout the scene. It wasn't just Michael and Nelle in the car it was their unborn kid too. But that didn't matter enough to Michel to stop the car. He got his confession, then Zach's, but he wanted to keep pushing for his mommy's exoneration. All the erratic driving and distractions would have been enough to cause a crash. That would make sense. But then they included an entirely predictable twist. Obrecht's prison transport crashed into them because she started choking one guard distracting another causing him to go into Michael. Never did I say it was Michael's fault that Obrecht took the actions she did, that wouldn't make any sense. 

It wasn't Michael's fault because for plot purposes it can never be. THAT WAS MY POINT. He and the Corinthii are never held responsible, can never have even one slight moment in the entire narrative of being written as at fault. Every action is excused or as it was for the crash, spun into something else. Period.

• Love 19
24 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

It wasn't Michael's fault because for plot purposes it can never be. THAT WAS MY POINT. He and the Corinthii are never held responsible, can never have even one slight moment in the entire narrative of being written as at fault. Every action is excused or as it was for the crash, spun into something else. Period.

Exactly.  Nothing can ever be written as their fault.  Just like how it's not Carly's fault* that she was in a mental hospital (which naturally turned into a 1960's Vincent Price schlock horror movie of an asylum), so naturally her escaping twice will be hand-waved away.

*She didn't have to falsely plead insanity, but she did because she wrongly--without any reason--figured she'd get sent to the cushy Shadybrook.  She's like Goldie Hawn in Private Benjamin who didn't realize she was joining "that" Army.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 11

Memo to Kiki, if you don't want your mother to find out that you slept with her boyfriend, STOP SAYING IT OUT LOUD, multiple times.  Geez.  It's not like she can't speak in code, surely Griffin will know what incident she's refering to.  GUH.  

I thought Chloe did a bang up job in the scene with Ava.  Ava runs to the hospital, under the pretext of checking on Nelle, but really, to make sure Nelle doesn't spill the beans about the baby blanket.  And Nelle's, all "bitch please, you took the blanket, your an accomplice, suck on it".  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Wiley was born the day before.  When Alexis showed up at the hospital to tell Brad that the baby had been born, she mentioned that he was born the day before but that the birth mother had asked to spend some extra time with him before giving him up.  It's hard to tell if this is still the second day, the same day that Alexis gave Brad the baby, or if were now on day three.  

4 hours ago, blondiek237 said:

The car exploded,correct.  So I am wondering if that destroyed the evidence.

Chase recorded the conversation on his laptop.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Let me guess, Sam is totally okay with Jason fleeing the country with a fugitive for three months and probably longer, not seeing or contacting his son(s).

His sons literally didn't come up in conversation.  He tells Sam that he's going, that there are eyewitnesses at Ferncliff.  They'll wait in Canada until Diane can figure something out.  Sam asks what if that takes longer than 3 monthsn.  So then he says he'll turn himself in.  Then mentions that Carly didn't consent to the treatment so Sam agrees that she'll investigate for him.  

Ten bucks says they're not going to Canada because the minute Carly hears that the baby died, she'll want to go and be with Michael.  She'll refuse to leave.  

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

but I guess I appreciated it giving Brad the opportunity to go to the hospital and get manipulated some more by Nelle.

I'm telling you, Chloe's kicking ass here (and her writing too, if I have to admit it).  Brad's all, "i saw Michael crying, I can't do this" and Nelle's all, "bitch please, you confess you get arrested and Lucas loses you and the baby, you don't want that".  I mean, that's manipulation 101 right there!!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Perkie said:

His sons literally didn't come up in conversation.  He tells Sam that he's going, that there are eyewitnesses at Ferncliff.  They'll wait in Canada until Diane can figure something out.  Sam asks what if that takes longer than 3 monthsn.  So then he says he'll turn himself in.  Then mentions that Carly didn't consent to the treatment so Sam agrees that she'll investigate for him. 

Carly was in a court-mandated psychiatric facility that she had already successfully escaped from once. Google says that New York doesn't require informed consent. What are the eyewitnesses supposed to tell them? That they saw a patient receiving treatment? She was in a psychiatric hospital, that is what they do there!

• Love 4

Wouldn't a doctor do an autopsy on the dead baby to determine the cause of death, particularly as just hours earlier Nelle admitted to having killed her fiance and wanting to kill Michael?  Why on earth would everyone start taking Nelle's word on everything now??  On a purely practical note, she could have killed the baby. She has kind of proven she can't be trusted.

Also, this plan to "escape to Canada".  Clearly Jason and Carly have missed all the news reports about people crossing the border into Canada and claiming refugee status.  There have been a whole whack of them, and the RCMP is manning the border like mad to ensure the people get registered/get to shelter/etc. So, escaping to Canada shouldn't be quite as easy for them as they think it should be.

And finally, why is that to get anywhere in this town you have to drive along highways and past forwards?  Are there no neighbourhoods? Does no one live downtown?

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I'm telling you, Chloe's kicking ass here (and her writing too, if I have to admit it).  Brad's all, "i saw Michael crying, I can't do this" and Nelle's all, "bitch please, you confess you get arrested and Lucas loses you and the baby, you don't want that".  I mean, that's manipulation 101 right there!!

And the phrasing - not that Brad would lose Lucas by coming clean, but that Lucas would lose him - was perfect because it allowed Brad to seize onto a less selfish motive.

12 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Sam better be careful at Ferncliffe.

I kinda wish Sam would bump into Ry-Kev or whoever, just for the Kevin/Livvie feels.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Perkie said:

They'll wait in Canada until Diane can figure something out. 

Does Canada not have extradition in their world? And, if they are going to a safe house in Canada, why can't they stay in the safe house they are currently using?

• Love 3

This baby swap was telegraphed from miles away. And Brad is being so damn obvious, the janitor at the hospital could figure it out. This show is just so very sad and so is the acting. ZZZZZZZZZ.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

What are the eyewitnesses supposed to tell them? That they saw a patient receiving treatment?

He meant the eyewitnesses who saw hiim as the person who got Carly out, Dr Lazarus and the OR nurse as well as MaryPat and the orderly that he locked into a room.  

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

My guess was that was about fulfilling ER's minimums.

Yeah. I just don't get the feeling they are rushing to set up anything for Lulu. Look at Kiki. How long has it been since RPW left the show? October? It took her 6 months to have a one night stand.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

And Brad is being so damn obvious

But that works for me.  PS is showing that Brad is not okay with this swap, that he's confused and grieving and Nelle's got some witchcraft hold over him.  He's showing me remorse.  Of course that won't do him any good in a month when the baby mama returns and the poop hits the fan.  

• Love 5

I had two babies and I surely couldn’t have walked down a highway or even a hallway right after I delivered them. And yeah-how did they cut the cord? Geez, this show.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Carly was in a court-mandated psychiatric facility that she had already successfully escaped from once. Google says that New York doesn't require informed consent. What are the eyewitnesses supposed to tell them? That they saw a patient receiving treatment? She was in a psychiatric hospital, that is what they do there!

The evul Dr. Lazarus (cue organ music) and his nurse saw Jason pull a gun on them and threaten them to get Carly out.

The show is saying that Carly is going to be set free because giving her ECT without her consent is illegal (not true as a quick google search will show) but her bestie Jason, loyal and true, is going to get into trouble because he committed a felony.  Poor put-upon Carly and Jason.

Sam should have been furious that Jason was willing to risk that much without thought of what it might do to his son but that's not Jason's 'ride or die' chick.

10 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

Does Canada not have extradition in their world? And, if they are going to a safe house in Canada, why can't they stay in the safe house they are currently using?

Canada does extradite to the US but not in cases where the person could receive the death penalty.  But since Jason and Carly are like cockroaches, yeah, it doesn't make sense.

3 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

How exactly did Nelle/Dr. O cut the umbilical cord?

Maybe she was wearing her special shoes that might have a shoe lace.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

How exactly did Nelle/Dr. O cut the umbilical cord?

The same way Peter cut the cord for Maxie when she gave birth on the side of the road.  

All these women need to get their money back for the birthing classes they took, since I'm sure there wasn't a "how to give birth outside, in the woods, down a drainpipe, through your pants" section.  

• Love 16

The Joss/Carly slumber party was sickening. Did Carly even say thank you to Jason when he brought her in or suggest he go spend a moment with his own kids. Of course not, cuz that is not about Carly. 

Is there some reason Michael could not have waited a couple days until after the baby was safely born to put his whole "I will let Nelle overhear that I am changing my will and leaving everything to the baby so she will have to kill me" plan into place. He and Chase should have predicted that the car ride had some possibility of going sideways if Nelle freaked out or pulled a weapon or something. There should have been an unmarked car following them for God's sake. 

I can't tell Michael's "my baby is dead face" from his regular "I'm confused about something and it is causing me to breath from my mouth" face. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Is there some reason Michael could not have waited a couple days until after the baby was safely born to put his whole "I will let Nelle overhear that I am changing my will and leaving everything to the baby so she will have to kill me" plan into place. 

He's an idiot.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

The Joss/Carly slumber party was sickening. Did Carly even say thank you to Jason when he brought her in or suggest he go spend a moment with his own kids. Of course not, cuz that is not about Carly. 

He doesn't give a shit about them as evidenced by the convo with Sam.

• Love 6

According to the will he had Alexis draw up but hadn't signed yet, once the baby was born he/she became the sole heir to Michael's estate. If Nelle wanted to inherit the money herself, it had to be while Michael was intestate (before he signed the will).  So basically once Nelle heard that he was planning to divorce her as soon as the baby was born, her time line was very limited.

Could Nelle have fought Michael for the baby and child support?  It's what I would have done rather than kill him but I'm not a sociopath.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I really hope they aren't setting anything up with Lulu and Chase.

Spoiler

Lulu and Valentine are just as bad, which is the rumor I heard.  Or perhaps worse.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 1

My post won't edit.  I just want to add that I don't feel sorry for Michael at all.  He's very Sonny-like to get a woman he doesn't like pregnant, then schemes to take the baby away from her.   Michael hates Nelle because she's a murderer, yet he killed someone, and Sonny is a murderer (of M's own father, no less), but Nelle "must pay". 

• Love 12