Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Allthesnark said:

First to say: Robert mother-fucking Scorpio is back !!!!!

Truly, a bright spot on this dim show.  Tristan Rogers has always had that talent of knowing exactly how much humor to put into his performance while still keeping the drama up.  Man, I adore him. 

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, sunnyface said:

It's the little stuff (e.g., Robert's first day back - handful of scenes - but making time to praise st. jason for saving Anna's life or the police commissioner asking a guy who threatens and extorts and kills for a living if he is comfortable) that makes this soap opera very uncomfortable to watch at times and relatively easy to distaste.  It's the actual violence (jason pulling a gun on innocent folks doing their jobs or michael - not pulling his car over to calm down the mother of his child so the child can come into the world with a greater chance to be healthy - sonny basically threatening chase once again) that makes me wonder why Jason and Sonny are still in existence.  These two guys are not easy on the eyes, aren't good actors, and play vile characters.

It's startling how so much time and energy is invested into Burton and Benard eating the show alive and bringing the rest of the shit with them (SEE LW and the boyfriend).

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5

I'm confused. What does Michael think Nelle took from him, and why? She wasn't in town yet when Sonny murdered AJ, and Morgan's death resulted from the Jerome Family's actions. Carly has briefly been locked away, and Michael doesn't have privacy as long as he and Nelle are under the same roof ... but those aren't "losses."

• Love 8
1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

Again, his own fault, not anything Nelle in particular did.

Yes, but my post was a joke. :)

But if I were taking it seriously, he broke up with her because she kept telling lies, so imo it was her fault a little.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Yes, but my post was a joke. :)

But if I were taking it seriously, he broke up with her because she kept telling lies, so imo it was her fault a little.

My bad! Lol :-)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"Everything!"

Michael hasn't lost anything permanently due to Nelle. He's being a drama queen.

He's Carly's son, all right.

18 hours ago, ulkis said:

So how come Nathan couldn't manage to put on a shirt, he was the husband of a fashion magazine editor.

Have we ever seen an edition of Crimson under Nina's direction?  It's possible it's full of shirtless men who look like Nathan.

• Love 2

I'm guessing I wasn't the only one screaming "PRESS IT!" when Dr. Lazarus was about to press the button to start the electroshock therapy on Carly. I feel slightly (just slightly) that this show has driven me to actively rooting for an "innocent" woman to be given that kind of treatment, but there you go.

Also know I'm not the only one who wanted to smack the shit out of Sonny in his scenes with Chase, especially after Chase poured out his heart and sincerely took responsibility for his role in Nelle still being around and took part of the blame for Nelle gaslighting Carly. Could Sonny possibly thank him or show any appreciation that Chase was willing to say that or willing to stand up for Carly? Could Sonny at least own up to the act that he thought Carly was sincerely crazy, too? Nope, instead, Mr. Murderer gets on his high horse about Chase treating this as a game. And, you just know that if Michael even gets a scratch because of this car accident Sonny is going to threaten or attempt to kill another police officer. Never mind that Michael got into this accident because the dumbass was too greedy and couldn't keep his eyes on the damn road. He already had Nelle admitting to attempting to kill him and killing that guy Zack, but he just had to push his luck on getting a confession about Nelle lying about Carly pushing her down the stairs. 

On the one hand, I get that Liesl was Nathan's mother and is James' grandmother so Maxie does feel a certain bond with her. But it is hard watching her cry over Liesl's predicament and seeing Maxie hug her after the way Liesl hurt Robin. I'm glad at least Robert was there and able to gloat and finally throw in Liesl's face what she did to Robin and how happy he is to see her carted off.

• Love 9
(edited)
10 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I'm glad at least Robert was there and able to gloat and finally throw in Liesl's face what she did to Robin and how happy he is to see her carted off.

Oooh, sounds like the Robert/Dr. O face-off was fun!

Anything else from Friday I need to catch up on?  Did Lucas (who?) get to meet his son?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Did Lucas (who?) get to meet his son?

No Lucas Who sighting at all.  

Maxie bitched out both Nina and DR O for kidnapping Peter and being all about revenge.  She says James will suffer for not having grandma in his life since grandma's off to Pentonville to await trial.  KSt was super good in her scenes.  

Robert showed up at the hospital to take Peter into custody, but Finn got into a pissing match and decided he wasn't going to release him.  Finn mentioned that Anna had gone to Berkeley.  Finn gets a text from Anna to come right away.  Robert calls Robin to talk to anna and finds out she's not there.  So looks like road trip for Robert and Finn to save Anna, though I thought Finola was off until end of August, so not sure how that will work out.

Chase installed a camera in the car (not a bomb, though he told nelle that's what it was) to catch her confessing.  She freaks out when Michael doens't drop her off at the hospital and eventually confesses that the car is rigged to crash after a certain point and kill Michael.  Michael also gets her to confess that she killed the fiance, but when he tries to get her to confess to Carly not pushing her down the stairs, she clams up.  Nelle grabs the wheel, the car crashes.  

Jason forces Franco to help him break into Ferncliff and draws a gun on Dr Lazarus, just before he gives Carly the electro shock treatment.  

I think that was about it.  

Oh good grief.  I just got around to watching Friday's episode.  Where to start?

Nina and her arrogance is obnoxious. I'm so sick of the lack of respect the PCPD gets on this show from both the writers and the more irritating character.

These writers have been working super hard to redeem Franco and make him a fan favorite so I have no idea what the plan was here with him not wanting to help St. Jason commit a felony.  I would think that they were actually trying to give some depth to characters and storylines by not having it clearly have the good guy and the bad guy, but I highly doubt they are going that route.

Screw you, Sonny and your attitude towards both Chase and Jordan.

Show of hands here.  Who is excited to see how Jason gets out of this major felony?  Who thinks much will be said at all about his assault with a deadly weapon and unlawful entry?  Who thinks it will all be forgotten because the doctor and Mary Pat will be found to have been in the wrong and vigilante justice is totally okay when Sonny and Jason do it? I'm solidly in the third camp.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/26/2018 at 5:44 PM, CharethCutestory said:

How about I'm grateful Jake (and everyone else in his life for that matter) had a me stand in that cared so deeply and treated him so well. 

This *should have* been what he said to Elizabeth re: Jake, and then later at the gym to Sam re: Danny instead of that shitty line that the one reason he's grateful to/should thank Drew is that Sam didn't marry Patrick. Jason reacted to finding out about Sam's engagement to Patrick approximately the same way he reacted to finding out Carly had been engaged to Franco. What an ass. Sam thinks back to the awful time when Danny was diagnosed with leukemia, and Jason says he wishes he could have been there for her in the same tone the parents I know express regret that they weren't there to comfort their child after an injury in a fall.  Sam's selective truth telling was interesting. Yes, Patrick was there for Sam to talk to - about Danny somewhat, but mostly he was her sounding board about dating Silas, then Nina returning and interfering with their relationship. Was Silas part of the McBain/Todd/Star character ownership issue and that's why his name isn't brought up? Sam should remind Jason that Patrick saved not only his life, but tween Michael's too. KeMo's acting played out to me like she was saying "you and Robin were close, I got close to Patrick, it made sense to me" not because that's actually what she was thinking during Samtrick, but to calm Jason down by poorly attempting to justify the relationship with Patrick as a means to stay connected to Jason.  Jason's response was basically well Robin and I were in love but we were so young that we weren't going to end up together, and that's completely different from your adult self getting engaged to someone who not only was not like me (as opposed to Drew) but was also my first's love then-ex husband. Jason's contempt for Drew, a man who's been an outstanding father to both of Jason's sons, is so gross.  Sam and Jason treat each other like friendly exes of a decade or more, who are sort of co-parenting their son. I say sort of because Jason seems happy to see Danny, but not actually invested in him.  You'd think after missing five years of the kid's life he would want to spend every possible minute making up for lost time, but it's more like ok sure I'll entertain you here and there when I have some free moments that are not devoted to Carly and Michael. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

This *should have* been what he said to Elizabeth re: Jake, and then later at the gym to Sam re: Danny instead of that shitty line that the one reason he's grateful to/should thank Drew is that Sam didn't marry Patrick. Jason reacted to finding out about Sam's engagement to Patrick approximately the same way he reacted to finding out Carly had been engaged to Franco. What an ass. Sam thinks back to the awful time when Danny was diagnosed with leukemia, and Jason says he wishes he could have been there for her in the same tone the parents I know express regret that they weren't there to comfort their child after an injury in a fall.  Sam's selective truth telling was interesting. Yes, Patrick was there for Sam to talk to - about Danny somewhat, but mostly he was her sounding board about dating Silas, then Nina returning and interfering with their relationship. Was Silas part of the McBain/Todd/Star character ownership issue and that's why his name isn't brought up? Sam should remind Jason that Patrick saved not only his life, but tween Michael's too. KeMo's acting played out to me like she was saying "you and Robin were close, I got close to Patrick, it made sense to me" not because that's actually what she was thinking during Samtrick, but to calm Jason down by poorly attempting to justify the relationship with Patrick as a means to stay connected to Jason.  Jason's response was basically well Robin and I were in love but we were so young that we weren't going to end up together, and that's completely different from your adult self getting engaged to someone who not only was not like me (as opposed to Drew) but was also my first's love then-ex husband. Jason's contempt for Drew, a man who's been an outstanding father to both of Jason's sons, is so gross.  Sam and Jason treat each other like friendly exes of a decade or more, who are sort of co-parenting their son. I say sort of because Jason seems happy to see Danny, but not actually invested in him.  You'd think after missing five years of the kid's life he would want to spend every possible minute making up for lost time, but it's more like ok sure I'll entertain you here and there when I have some free moments that are not devoted to Carly and Michael. 

What's more, from what we have seen so far it's Sam and Liz and even Drew and Franco (and god forbid, I hate saying anything good about him at all) that are making all the effort and doing all the bending/meeting Jason so much more than halfway to help facilitate Jason having a relationship with either of his sons. Jason doesn't seem interested in Jake or what happened to him on Cassadine Island, either, and I dread to wonder how Jason will react to ever spending time with Scout.

• Love 4
(edited)
21 hours ago, Perkie said:

I think that was about it.  

Previews for Monday: Brad adores the baby and thanks for someone for making a promise a reality (FV, maybe, for letting him appear on screen for a few days in the same month?). Jordan tells someone (Chase?) that he's not going anywhere until she tells him what the hell is going on. Liz worries about Franco because she can't reach him (hasn't that been her "story" pretty much every week?), while Kim wears glasses and sympathizes. Franco drives a car and talks to himself about how he did his good deed and now he doesn't need to get involved anymore. Sonny orders Chase to give him the last location of Michael's car so he can swoop in to the rescue. Jason brandishes a gun some more on the Ferncliff people.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2
(edited)

Has Jason shown much interest any kid that wasn’t Michael? Before Jason died, he made longing glances at Jake and gave him toys, but that’s about it. Why would today be any different? 

Edited by dubbel zout
weird autocorrect error, yikes
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, LexieLily said:

What's more, from what we have seen so far it's Sam and Liz and even Drew and Franco (and god forbid, I hate saying anything good about him at all) that are making all the effort and doing all the bending/meeting Jason so much more than halfway to help facilitate Jason having a relationship with either of his sons. Jason doesn't seem interested in Jake or what happened to him on Cassadine Island, either, and I dread to wonder how Jason will react to ever spending time with Scout.

The show doesn't even try to hide that first and foremost for Jason will always be Sonny, Carly and Michael.  The lip service they give once a month (maybe) to him being invested in his actual kids will always take a backseat to them.  

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Previews for Monday: Brad adores the baby and thanks for someone for making a promise a reality (FV, maybe, for letting him appear on screen for a few days in the same month?).

Probably Julian because this whole (who?) adoption was about him, ugh.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The show doesn't even try to hide that first and foremost for Jason will always be Sonny, Carly and Michael.  The lip service they give once a month (maybe) to him being invested in his actual kids will always take a backseat to them.  

The side of the audience that wants JaSam will point to the fact that Sam was perfectly willing to raise children with Jason knowing what his job was and what he did for a living, but I come back to the fact that she never actually got the chance. Baby Lila died, Hope's birth mother (or grandmother, I forget) took the baby back and Danny was an infant and it was his first night home with them when Jason went to the pier and died. Sam never actually has raised a child with Jason and now that she had the experience of Drew-as-Jason walking away from the mob for her and Danny/Scout, I have to wonder how long it will take before she starts to wonder why the actual Jason won't give her that.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I have to wonder how long it will take before she starts to wonder why the actual Jason won't give her that.

I doubt she ever will, because Jason is All That Is Great and Holy. Ugh. It's one of a very long list of problems on this fakakta show.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

The side of the audience that wants JaSam will point to the fact that Sam was perfectly willing to raise children with Jason knowing what his job was and what he did for a living, but I come back to the fact that she never actually got the chance. Baby Lila died, Hope's birth mother (or grandmother, I forget) took the baby back and Danny was an infant and it was his first night home with them when Jason went to the pier and died. Sam never actually has raised a child with Jason and now that she had the experience of Drew-as-Jason walking away from the mob for her and Danny/Scout, I have to wonder how long it will take before she starts to wonder why the actual Jason won't give her that.

She will never acknowledge that. Ever. 

First and foremost, Sam doesn't have two brain cells to rub together when it comes to Jason. Second, Sam must be made to toe the company line, Carly, Sonny and Michael are Jason's family and it's everyone else after that in no particular order. 

If the writers wanted to make a smidgen of an effort on behalf of their character, they would have point blank written Jason being a little more interested in his kids, or you know, not going into a clinic with guns blazing to rescue his BFF, risking a jail sentence in the process because he must save her horrible ass at all cost.

• Love 2

It cracks me up that Sonny is apparently so desperate to get Carly out of Ferncliffe that he...sends his hit man to do the job. You'd think that they'd at least have both Sonny and Jason go, to show us how much Sonny loves Carly. Again I think Sonny is secretly relieved to not have to deal with Carly all the time. Heh.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

She will never acknowledge that. Ever. 

First and foremost, Sam doesn't have two brain cells to rub together when it comes to Jason. Second, Sam must be made to toe the company line, Carly, Sonny and Michael are Jason's family and it's everyone else after that in no particular order. 

If the writers wanted to make a smidgen of an effort on behalf of their character, they would have point blank written Jason being a little more interested in his kids, or you know, not going into a clinic with guns blazing to rescue his BFF, risking a jail sentence in the process because he must save her horrible ass at all cost.

Or saying that he would be willing to flee to Canada with Carly making them fugitives indefinitely, willing to be taken away yet again from his children that he barely knows.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It cracks me up that Sonny is apparently so desperate to get Carly out of Ferncliffe that he...sends his hit man to do the job. You'd think that they'd at least have both Sonny and Jason go, to show us how much Sonny loves Carly. Again I think Sonny is secretly relieved to not have to deal with Carly all the time. Heh.

Probably lol He's enjoying the peace and quiet. I'm honestly surprised Sonny hasn't started courting and boinking someone else already. Its been his MO when the woman he's with is distracted by something else and can't make it all about Sonny every minute of the day.

• Love 1
(edited)

Well I guess now we know why Lucas (who?) hasn't been on-screen.  Baby Swap 2018 is on.  But oh Show, killing the (who?)'s baby, making Brad the swapper instead of Nelle, setting us up for a lot of HOLLERING from the Corinthii when this all comes out?  U-G-H.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Who are the Corinthii on the show at this point? Sonny, Carly, Michael. Do Jason and Spin count?

You sadly have to lump Joss in too.  And Kristina when she gets back.

• Love 1

The cliff-hanger for the episode should have been on Brad dropping the baby bottle (for a six month old, newborns have 4 oz bottles). Instead it's about the Corinthii of Carly and her true love Jason, and Sonny saving his son Michael.

I thought the best parts of this episode were Obrecht snarking at Nelle (I could watch an episode of that) because the writing was so good and so was KG, Brad talking to the baby, and Kim with Elizabeth and then Julian.  Unfortunately the show kept cutting to what General Mob was doing.  I am so on the side of Mary Pat and Nelle.  By the way, Carly, Mary Pat isn't ordering the drugs, the psychiatrist is. She's following orders.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Has Jason shown much interest any kid that wasn’t Michael? Before Jason died, he made longing glances at Jake and gave him toys, but that’s about it. Why would today be any different? 

Longing glances is Jason go-to for "I want sympathy for my situation but I don't want to actually have to put in the work to have a relationship with my family".  I think he's so attached to Michael because he's Carly's kid, not because he's a Quartermaine.

The one nice Jason bit today was when Carly said "That's why I had to stop him from marrying Nelle."  Jason knows that Carly is as crazy as a loon and has zero sense or planning but he protects her anyway.

13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Who are the Corinthii on the show at this point? Sonny, Carly, Michael. Do Jason and Spin count?

Avery, Joss, Kristina and Mike.  I count Jason, Spin, Sam, Danny, Jake and Bobbie because they're all painted with the Corinthos hypocrisy brush.  Drew fortunately got out.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Avery, Joss, Kristina and Mike.  I count Jason, Spin, Sam, Danny, Jake and Bobbie because they're all painted with the Corinthos hypocrisy brush.  Drew fortunately got out.

Danny and Jake? Danny especially has barely said ten words tops.* I'll give him some time.

*oops, I posted twop, heh.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The cliff-hanger for the episode should have been on Brad dropping the baby bottle (for a six month old, newborns have 4 oz bottles). Instead it's about the Corinthii of Carly and her true love Jason, and Sonny saving his son Michael.

I was just about to post the same!  And that to me speaks to Brad and Lucas's role in this whole thing, that it will get the bare minimum time and interest while the Corinthii weep and snarl and scarf up minutes.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Rescue with extra cheesy 80s music playing in the background, complete with slow mo. I can't even with this.

Like they're running from an explosion or something, wtf.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Danny and Jake? Danny has barely said ten words tops.* I'll give him some time.

Danny can barely say ten words ... a true son of Jason.  But he already thinks Jason is wonderful. Drew who?

Jake I shouldn't have put in there because he does have a sense of realistic affection, maybe due to Drew and ironically Franco.  Without Franco, Liz might have made that list too ("saving his friend, because that's who Jason is")

4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And that to me speaks to Brad and Lucas's role in this whole thing, that it will get the bare minimum time and interest while the Corinthii weep and snarl and scarf up minutes.

I hope Brad and Lucas end up with Nelle's baby* and raise it for the next 20 years.  I hate the idea of Sonny and Carly adding to their collection of stolen children. Maybe Lucas can get a taste of what it was like for Julian.

*Although I wouldn't be amiss to Obrecht running off with the baby.  Anything to keep it out of Corinthos hands.

• Love 4

Gawd, and I'm sure Baby Swap 2018 will be used to make us feel bad for Julian too.  Brad will want him to stay away because he got a good look at Wylie, has the pictures/videos of him, etc. and Julian will be all mopey.

• Love 2
(edited)

So, Michaels baby isn't the tock? that's unfortunate.

I wanted Avery to be Morgan's because Morgan is such a trainwreck that having a baby would have created more story. But Michael is already so dull, having a baby is just going to compound his dullness.

I guess that's why the writers didn't bother having the whos on to talk about their baby and their life and their family

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Danny can barely say ten words ... a true son of Jason.  But he already thinks Jason is wonderful. Drew who?

Jake I shouldn't have put in there because he does have a sense of realistic affection, maybe due to Drew and ironically Franco.  Without Franco, Liz might have made that list too ("saving his friend, because that's who Jason is")

I hope Brad and Lucas end up with Nelle's baby* and raise it for the next 20 years.  I hate the idea of Sonny and Carly adding to their collection of stolen children. Maybe Lucas can get a taste of what it was like for Julian.

*Although I wouldn't be amiss to Obrecht running off with the baby.  Anything to keep it out of Corinthos hands.

See, what needs to happen is, Obrecht runs off with the kid and somehow gets in touch with Britt.  Britt tells her about how her best friend, Brad, lost his son to SIDS and they decide to give the baby to Brad to have him pass off as his own. I'd especially enjoy it if Britt is now out of jail due to overcrowding or whatever and kicks Nelle to the curb as Brad's BFF.  I like flawed characters and not characters that are always the bad guy no matter what(anyone ever opposed to Sonny and the gang) and always the good guy no matter what (Sonny and the gang). Britt is nice because she is a mix of good and bad.  That might be why I don't hate Franco, Ava, or Julian, as well.

• Love 5

As soon as I saw Wiley fussing in his crib with that blanket so loosely wrapped around him, I knew where it was headed, and I'm honestly revolted that the show went there so quickly and made Brad culpable. It'd be one thing for the baby to die of natural causes, but having him die at the hands of Brad's negligence is a super shitty thing to do. Brad and Lucas are the one GH couple for whom it's a genetic impossibility to produce a child together, and they wanted this baby desperately, did everything they could to prepare for him, and still it ends in tragedy. And if that were the point (that no matter how prepared you are, terrible mistakes can still happen) I wouldn't be upset, but it's disappointing if all this is just to villainize Brad and have him cover the death up with a baby swap (not sure how he'll do that if the baby is already dead at his home, though).

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Linny said:

As soon as I saw Wiley fussing in his crib with that blanket so loosely wrapped around him, I knew where it was headed, and I'm honestly revolted that the show went there so quickly and made Brad culpable. It'd be one thing for the baby to die of natural causes, but having him die at the hands of Brad's negligence is a super shitty thing to do.

Oh I didn't get the impression we were supposed to think Brad was negligent.  I mean, I know noooothing about caring for an infant, but if the baby was wrapped wrong (I saw people commenting on Twitter that the crib was too big as well), I figured it was a TV thing like the baby being bigger/older than it should be, etc.

And oh boy, painting Brad as negligent could lead to some ugliness from certain segments.  "See what happens when you give a gay man a child, he kills it in six seconds!".  Ew.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

See, what needs to happen is, Obrecht runs off with the kid and somehow gets in touch with Britt.  Britt tells her about how her best friend, Brad, lost his son to SIDS and they decide to give the baby to Brad to have him pass off as his own.

I suspect, while Britt won't be actively involved, Dr. O will mention her if and when she does pass off the baby to Brad, that she's doing something for her daughter's bestie.

• Love 2

It could be interesting if they did something like they did on Y&R a few years ago, with Daniel/Michael finding out and deciding to keep the secret because he sees how happy the baby makes Victoria and Billy/Lucas and Brad, only for Phyllis/Carly and/or Sonny to come screaming in demanding their grandchild.

• Love 4
(edited)

First of all, I'm happy that Dr. O got away. I didn't want the last we saw of her to be going to prison. 

And . . . Michael still really is the stupid little sh!t, isn't he? When he started telling Nelle how they'd schemed to get a record of her confessing to murder and attempted murder while he was still in the car, I could only shake my head and yell at the TV. How unfortunate that Sonny had to show up and save the day after she, predictably, left him to die. (I did like her line about, "If I were a smoker . . .")

Edited by rur
  • Love 11

So, wha'ts the speculation?  Nelle has a baby boy and is taken to the hospital.  Brad takes Wiley to the hospital and somehow switches the babies so that everyone assumes Nelle's baby is the one that died and Brad leaves the hospital with a new "Wiley"?  

• Love 2