Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, TV Mercenary said:

Carly is slime like literal slime the way she was gloating when Jason told her that he and Sam admitted their feelings for each other and she basically threw herself her own f*cking parade disgusting.

OH and she used every possible opportunity to grind her body against Jason, whether she was showing crocodile tears for Mike or ecstatic that Jason and Sam confessed their love for each other. I hate it when Jason shows her any concern or care.

Liz is completely owned by Franco now. She tends to hold an inviolable opinion most of the time until forced to let go.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, xfuse said:

Anna pretended to be a 'pro' to get drunk Faison to take her back to his place (Faison had a habit of hiring women who looked like Anna to have sex with).

So Faison didn't know he was sleeping with Anna as Anna? Given his obsession with her, I find that very odd. (I'm not doubting you, @xfuse.)

1 hour ago, Aurora2 said:

Why was Sam so quick to believe Jim Harvey's version of the staircase story? 

Plot point. But it works for me somewhat because Sam hates Franco so much I can see her wanting to believe it.

Am I supposed to root for Sonny to continue keeping Avery away from Ava? He's so awful to her about spending more than one second longer than he allows, and it's super gross the way he lords custody over her. 

If that really was a first edition of Grey's Anatomy, Bensch devalued it by inscribing it.

• Love 7

Skeevy Dr Bensch actually invited Kiki on a date, complete with wine. And he followed the date request by a too-expensive gift of a signed medical book. All of it is still just possibly generosity on his part, but Kiki isn't convinced of that. How can she be smart about that yet so dumb in supporting Sonny and Carly in their mean maneuvering of Avery from Ava's grasp?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Skeevy Dr Bensch actually invited Kiki on a date, complete with wine. And he followed the date request by a too-expensive gift of a signed medical book. All of it is still just possibly generosity on his part, but Kiki isn't convinced of that. How can she be smart about that yet so dumb in supporting Sonny and Carly in their mean maneuvering of Avery from Ava's grasp?

Because she has a complicated relationship with her mother and it is easier for her to use the situation with Avery to project her feelings about her mother than actually dealing with those feelings honestly.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

He's so awful to her about spending more than one second longer than he allows, and it's super gross the way he lords custody over her. 

Yes, but Morgan is dead and all that.  Facebook is full of people who cheer on Sonny in this fight against Ava.  

9 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Liz constantly giving him the benefit of the doubt is still inexplicable to me

Because if she doesn't, then she has to acknowledge to herself that she made a huge mistake in dating him and having him around her boys and admitting to herself that eveyrone around her was right about him.  That would be a tough pill to swallow.  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Am I supposed to root for Sonny to continue keeping Avery away from Ava? He's so awful to her about spending more than one second longer than he allows, and it's super gross the way he lords custody over her. 

Again I am wondering if Ava will ever take active action to address Avery's custody. 

Even after Kiki warned her, Ava went ahead and put Avery to bed early so by the time Sonny her picked up at the already agreed upon time, Avery would be asleep.

Instead of sitting down with a family lawyer about the custody issues, she is going to rely on Sonny changing his mind. He's not and has made that perfectly clear. She wants to passively manipulate him and even try to bond with him by talking about Mike's condition.

None of that is going to work. Sonny is not going to change his mind unless he is powerless to stop Ava from seeing Avery.

And what Ava is doing and not doing,  has been completely ineffective.

• Love 8

Am I supposed to root for Sonny to continue keeping Avery away from Ava?

Yes.  What judge wouldn't award sole custody of a healthy toddler to a violent, rage-filled mob kingpin whose other children have been physically and emotionally damaged as a result of his profession? 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

Again I am wondering if Ava will ever take active action to address Avery's custody. 

I know. I don't get why Ava hasn't at least spoken to a lawyer about her options. She whinges and whines about not seeing Avery enough but also accepts the crumbs Sonny gives her. Do something, you idiot! Gah. Her passiveness is so aggravating.

• Love 10

I think there's still some stuff about killing Connie that's floating around. But that doesn't mean Ava can't at least talk to a lawyer (Alexis, most likely). That's what bothers me: Ava hasn't even tried to figure out what her options are. She just accepts that Sonny and "Mommy Carly" (GAG) are raising Avery.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think there's still some stuff about killing Connie that's floating around. But that doesn't mean Ava can't at least talk to a lawyer (Alexis, most likely).

Or Scotty, he would definitely help her get one over on Sonny and Carly.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11

I can't even remember - Sonny and Carly don't have anything over her anymore, right?

Ava was responsible for the explosion of the car that Morgan 'borrowed'.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I can't even remember - Sonny and Carly don't have anything over her anymore, right?  I know they were blackmailing her with a sex tape with Paul at some point, but that's gotta be moot.

Surely there's got to be something any decent lawyer could do with the fact that Sonny went for sole custody and was awarded it when Ava was in the hospital on her deathbed from burns. Note I said a decent lawyer and family court judge, so not Diane/the judge that presided over Lulu/Valentin re: Charlotte.

• Love 4

I think Peter has a lot of nerve, coming to Griffin the day after? an earthquake and asking for a DNA test.  Griffin said he's working extra shifts to make up for employees who have damage to their homes.  Presumably people are still being treated for earthquake-related injuries.  All the E/R beds were full.  Yet Mr. Entitled needs his results right the hell now. 

As if Griffin would draw the blood himself.  I'm surprised he didn't say he'd put a rush on it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

Ava was responsible for the explosion of the car that Morgan 'borrowed'.

Actually, Ava was responsible for Morgan having a manic episode that lead him to ‘borrow’ the car that just happened to explode...I don’t think she was trying to blow up Julian at the time?

• Love 5

Oh geez, Detective Chase is Dr. Michael Easton's brother?  I mean, that's a tried-and-true soap thing, the sibling popping up out of nowhere - I'm reminded of John and Michael McBain on OLTL, for obvious reasons, as well as Evangeline and Layla.  But we never see Lucas (who?) and it took a real life death to get Serena in the city limits, but Dr. Michael Easton needs a brother?

I'll enjoy this Liz/Franco breakup for the five seconds it lasts.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh geez, Detective Chase is Dr. Michael Easton's brother?  We never see Lucas (who?) and it took a real life death to get Serena in the city limits, but Dr. Michael Easton gets a brother?

Yet Elizabeth has no family in town and both of Laura's sons are either dead or whatever Lucky is doing. But, sure, give Michael Easton a brother and give Faison and Anna a son. Why not? *rolls eyes*

• Love 10
On 3/13/2018 at 2:44 PM, CompltelySweet said:

Actually, Ava was responsible for Morgan having a manic episode that lead him to ‘borrow’ the car that just happened to explode...I don’t think she was trying to blow up Julian at the time?

Despite her child getting shot and being held hostage by a shotgun-wielding Morgan, I do agree that Ava's actions towards messing with Morgan's meds was horrible.  As much as it hurts to type this, I can understand, for this reason alone, why Sonny/Carly are justified in not wanting Ava near Avery.  But I do not agree with Sonny/Carly that Ava killed Morgan.  The existence of that bomb was due to the career-choice of Sonny.  Ava is Avery's natural mother and despite the writers having plenty of characters proclaiming Sonny/Carly as the best parents of the universe, there is no way that Ava is worse than Sonny as a parent.  Both are horrible characters.  Neither are role models.  Show has failed to explain why Avery's natural mother has to literally beg a man, who continually threatens her with violence, to see her own child.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 14

I was already cackling at Finn taking a swing at Julian to defend Roxy's honor, but finding out that Harrison Chase is his estranged brother made me laugh even harder. I knew there had to be a reason that these two guys had such similarly structured names. It's probably not necessary to give Finn a brother but I can't say I'm mad about it, and I definitely want a scene of Finn bitching to Alexis about whatever drama has gone down between the brothers.

Michael, did you really just pick up a girl who's an employee at the hospital you frequent with your pregnant ex? GREAT plan, I'm sure that won't cause any problems at all.

I know there's like zero chance that the Liz/Franco breakup will last, but it was incredibly gratifying to hear her call him out on all his blatant deceit. It felt like a veil had been lifted and we were seeing the intelligent, protective, self-reliant Liz for the first time in years. "It's not my job to make you better," is the perfect summation of everything that's wrong with their relationship, and it's a realization I didn't think Liz was capable of making. Glad she proved me wrong, at least for today.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Linny said:

It's probably not necessary to give Finn a brother but I can't say I'm mad about it, and I definitely want a scene of Finn bitching to Alexis about whatever drama has gone down between the brothers.

It shouldn't surprise me that TPTB think Dr. Michael Easton is enough of a GH pillar that they can anchor new characters to him, but here we are.  When do we meet their mom, played by Kim Zimmer?

I do hope we find out the reason they are estranged is because of Dr. Michael Easton, perhaps his years-long drug addiction?

"It's not my job to make you better," is the perfect summation of everything that's wrong with their relationship, and it's a realization I didn't think Liz was capable of making.

That really was a good line, especially because Franco was spouting his usual BS about how he didn't know he could be a good person until he met Liz, that she changed him, blah blah blah.  Which, of course, is also what he said to Carly and to Nina.

• Love 6

Shoot. I haven't heard you guys mentioning them chem testing Franco with anyone so I'm guessing you're right and this breakup is temporary.  Oh god. Unless they are about to start the Sam/Jason/Liz merry go round again now that Sam and Jason are having feelings. NO!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh geez, Detective Chase is Dr. Michael Easton's brother?  I mean, that's a tried-and-true soap thing, the sibling popping up out of nowhere - I'm reminded of John and Michael McBain on OLTL, for obvious reasons, as well as Evangeline and Layla.

Chase looks like he was frigging born right around the time Finn got his soap disease. How could they have even met long enough to have a falling out?

Eyeroll at Olivia being 100% on Carly's side.

• Love 3

I guess extra points for the new detective who doesn't cut corners and is by the book. No one can bitch him out about treating his family differently than he treats anyone else.

Liz has finally seen the light, but I have the feeling we're headed toward some really weirdass geometrical shape. I expect a lot of us will be banging our heads against a wall.

Is the New nurse the same actress who played grown-up Avery in that Ava centric episode? In any case, she's already a million times better than Nelle.

Shut up, Joss! Mind your own business. Oscar fell asleep at the right time. He should do that more often. A sleeping Oscar is a smart Oscar. Awake, he just says things. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Michael, did you really just pick up a girl who's an employee at the hospital you frequent with your pregnant ex? GREAT plan, I'm sure that won't cause any problems at all.

The actress that played that hospital employee was the teenage Avery in the Ava-centric ep. Anything the show trying to tell us? ;)

• Love 2
23 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I'll say it again: Anna - as the audience knows her and her history - would drug Faison, not sleep with him. On the out-of-character off chance she would? No way in hell would she not abort his spawn.

This is gross. If anything needs to be "aborted" now, it's this POS "story".

I'm not sure what Anna's view is on abortion, but maybe she was living in a country where it was illegal?

21 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think maybe FH had a few sardonic thoughts about LW's forty year old boyfriend playing her son, but otherwise, I think she's probably game for it. The scene where she was talking to Faison's body had some of her best material in a while. From a show/character history it's iffy but from an acting standpoint she's probably fine with it.

Seriously.  I know soap ages are always out of whack, but Anna gave birth to this child when she was 18, and 9 year old Valentine bore witness to the baby in pink being handed over?  It's just silly.

• Love 3

I can’t even follow the story lines anymore. Who is Dr. Michael Easton? Why is Michael (who impregnated Nellie) picking up a chick nurse in the hospital? How long is Liz going to stick to her edict to keep Franco away from her, her house, her sons, her hospital, etc? Who the hell is Carly to burst into the Q mansion and dictate who can/cannot live there? Why is Olivia sleeping in the middle of the day so that Nellie has to take care of her child when they have plenty of servants to wait on their every need? I remember this soap way back in the day when the plots were understandable, the actors actually talented and there was some reason for what happened from day to day. I bet that the actors go home and cry every night after they check their 401Ks to see how long they can live off of their investments.

• Love 3

Carly is a fucking bitch. All those things she was bad mouthing to Olivia about Nelle, Carly totally did. She used Lucas to get into Tony and Bobbie's good graces and she covered up AJ's murder. At least when AJ accidentally injured Jason, he didn't walk around like he walked on water. Though I am not surprised she walks into the place like she owns. She loves that she not only gave birth to a Q heir, she gave birth to the Q heir, and the best part of it for her is she didn't have put up with the father and made Jason and then Sonny the daddy. Actually come to think about it, Carly and Sonny love it Michael gets all the perks of being a Q without any of the obligations and is still their son. 

• Love 10

Classic Mikey, passively starting yet another random relationship where the girl will have to wear the pants. 

Don't worry all you hoards of Friz lovers, soon enough Drew will end up telling Liz that he has come to believe Franco is now a good guy. 

Okay everybody take a really deep breath in to make room for new cop and new nurse. Hopefully it will push Aunt Stella and Sonny's dad out the room.  

• Love 1

Anytime Ava brings up custody, Sonny comes back with, you killed Morgan, and that shuts her down.  So until the day when we see that Morgan didn't die, Ava will never get custody.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Why is Carly walking into the Q mansion like she owns the place?

Because she's Carly and she thinks she can barge into any home/room/office she pleases.

I had to laugh at Olivia's attitude toward Nelle living at the Qs. 

So the scales have finally fallen from Elizabeth's eyes about Franco. We'll see how long this lasts.

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Shut up, Joss! Mind your own business.

For real. She shouldn't be quite so naive about how life works, given the stuff she's gone through.

Nelle is going to use a scarf to gaslight Carly? Way to scheme, girl. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I can’t even follow the story lines anymore. Who is Dr. Michael Easton? Why is Michael (who impregnated Nellie) picking up a chick nurse in the hospital? How long is Liz going to stick to her edict to keep Franco away from her, her house, her sons, her hospital, etc? Who the hell is Carly to burst into the Q mansion and dictate who can/cannot live there? Why is Olivia sleeping in the middle of the day so that Nellie has to take care of her child when they have plenty of servants to wait on their every need? I remember this soap way back in the day when the plots were understandable, the actors actually talented and there was some reason for what happened from day to day. I bet that the actors go home and cry every night after they check their 401Ks to see how long they can live off of their investments.

That wasn't even a chem test between Michael and Francesca.  The silly music was a huge anvil.  It's ridiculous that Michael is checking out the new hot nurse, and I will hate Francesca forever if she hooks up with a man who has a pregnant ex.  I can't stand it IRL, and I won't appreciate it on TV. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Don't worry all you hoards of Friz lovers, soon enough Drew will end up telling Liz that he has come to believe Franco is now a good guy. 

Won't Liz inherit Drew after Sam dumps him for Jason?

hoards of Friz lovers

Ha-ha, you're funny.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

That wasn't even a chem test between Michael and Francesca.  The silly music was a huge anvil.  It's ridiculous that Michael is checking out the new hot nurse, and I will hate Francesca forever if she hooks up with a man who has a pregnant ex.  I can't stand it IRL, and I won't appreciate it on TV. 

Francesca was super bold and self-confident to give her phone number and text information to Michael in front of she-cat mama Carly. I'm glad he ignored Carly's curiosity and didn't bleat out the details. I have a feeling that Francesca may turn out to be more of a bare-claw schemer than poor Nelle could ever manage.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LillyB said:

Snarly swanning around the Q living room makes me want to barf.

Snarly has been rockin the nasty bitch lately. Nelle overheard the hating Carly spewed to Olivia to blacken Nelle's character, who appeared to be truly wounded. The only vulnerability Carly shows is around Sonny and Mike. She's heartless about Ava. Carly never forgives, and she is a first-class hypocrite. I wish the writers would find a way to make her less predictable and sour. Maybe she needs a personal crisis such as breast cancer to make her character grow out of the petulant post-teenage rut.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Why is Olivia sleeping in the middle of the day so that Nellie has to take care of her child when they have plenty of servants to wait on their every need?

This odd anomaly made me wonder if newlyweds Olivia and Ned are pregnant, since daytime sleepiness can be a byproduct of that condition. [Yes  I know the show doesn't need another pregnancy, but we do need more Quartermaines.] 

It could be one of those awkward change-of-life babies, since surely by now Olivia must be approaching menopause.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

It's ridiculous that Michael is checking out the new hot nurse, and I will hate Francesca forever if she hooks up with a man who has a pregnant ex.

I'm rooting for anything that saves us from the chemistry void that is Michael/Nelle

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:
9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Why is Olivia sleeping in the middle of the day so that Nellie has to take care of her child when they have plenty of servants to wait on their every need?

This odd anomaly made me wonder if newlyweds Olivia and Ned are pregnant,

I thought Olivia said that she was up all night at the hotel finding rooms for those that were displaced because of the earthquake.  That, and having a 2 year old, explained the need for a daytime nap to me.  Nelle was trying to score brownie points by taking care of Leo, who has a nanny, because Olivia told Nelle to back off and let the nanny deal with him next time it happens.  

• Love 3