Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Perkie said:

They really have them behaving like complete douche nozzles here.  Are we supposed to be rooting for them as they keep a mother from her daughter out of spite? 

*Shrugs*  I am, so . . . I'm not bothered by it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

I'm not bothered by it.

Not bothered by the womb raider/baby stealer and the murderer keeping a child away from her mother, who's only crime is.........what is Lulu's crime?  Having a douchebag father?  Having a douchebag father in law?    Seriously (and this is aimed more at the writers) what is Lulu's crime here that I should be rooting for ValNina over Lante?  

11 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

both working on a boring far-fetched plan to catch a supposed jewelry fence

In order to bring down Valentin which is beyond stupid since kidnapping 10 people, shooting Kevin in front of those ten people, shooting (and likely killing) Nikolas, selling the chimera to Helena, wasn't enough to bring him down.  This jewelry stupidity will lead nowhere since JPS isn't leaving the show anytime soon.  

10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

How old is Charlotte supposed to be this week?  She still believes in Santa Claus

Eh, my daughter is 9 and she still believes.  My son was 11 when I told him the truth and that was only because he was going on a week long school trip three weeks before Christmas and I figured they would be talking about it and didn't want him to sound like a dummy that he still beleived.  

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

*Shrugs*  I am, so . . . I'm not bothered by it.

Me, neither.  Mainly because I just cannot stand the character of Lulu.  The years of baby rabies' story don't make her quest for Charlotte any more palatable. 

Sam yesterday: "Danny and Scout are at Monica's."  LOL, when AREN'T they at Monica's?  Everyone rags on Elizabeth's offscreen offspring, but I'm surprised Sam even remembers the names of her two miracle kids.

• Love 11

In all the talk about the dispensation of Charlotte's holidays, there was a throwaway detail that I don't see discussed here. Lulu wanted to take Charlotte to the Quartermaines', where Dante's mother will be making dinner. Huh? Is Olivia currently winning the offscreen battle with Cook 2.0? We still have never heard what Ned's plan was that was going to make things better for both of them. I think they have had one air day since then.  

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Sam yesterday: "Danny and Scout are at Monica's."  LOL, when AREN'T they at Monica's?  Everyone rags on Elizabeth's offscreen offspring, but I'm surprised Sam even remembers the names of her two miracle kids.

For me, it's more that one of Liz's three children constantly appears and is spotlighted - Jake, you know, Jason's son and Franco's little buddy, barf - while the other two are invisible slash forgotten.  While, in the case of Danny and Scout, they're both equally ignored.

22 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

In all the talk about the dispensation of Charlotte's holidays, there was a throwaway detail that I don't see discussed here. Lulu wanted to take Charlotte to the Quartermaines', where Dante's mother will be making dinner. Huh? Is Olivia currently winning the offscreen battle with Cook 2.0?

You'd think, given her love of Italian food, that Olivia would embrace the Q's pizza tradition.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And I wouldn't even care, because I don't care about any child on the show, but it's more the idea that Sam is the bestest mother we've ever seen that makes it truly eye-rolling.

• Love 3

So I went ahead and took a look at the scene from yesterday with the Lucas/Brad mention and, in addition to the my earlier complaints from just hearing/reading about it, I have these to add...

1) Bobbie speculates that the meeting Lucas/Brad have that is making them miss her lame-o brunch is about Lucas' surgical fellowship.  Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first time we've heard of this surgical fellowship, yet another major development in Lucas' life left completely off-screen.  And why would that prevent Brad from attending the brunch?  Does he have no relationship with his MIL outside of being Lucas' plus one to events?

2) I didn't realize that Valerie wasn't told about the potential adoption plans by Lucas and Brad, but saw pamphlets about it at their house.  So her running her mouth about it to Bobbie and Laura was extra shitty.  That's not your place, Val, you don't know who they want to know, and maybe they would want to be the ones to tell Bobbie.  Not cool.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, Perkie said:
17 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Valentin and Nina both need to do some reading on what shared custody actually is

They really have them behaving like complete douche nozzles here.  Are we supposed to be rooting for them as they keep a mother from her daughter out of spite? 

Everyone needs to read up on what shared custody is. Both sides suck, but if I have to choose a side, it's Valentin's.

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ship Charlotte to boarding school, give her air time to Lucas.

The dream ending for me. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Perkie said:

Not bothered by the womb raider/baby stealer and the murderer keeping a child away from her mother

*Shakes head*  Nope.  Because I like Valentin (something I have every right to, if I want) and can't stand Lulu.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Everyone needs to read up on what shared custody is. Both sides suck, but if I have to choose a side, it's Valentin's.

Same here.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

That's not your place, Val, you don't know who they want to know, and maybe they would want to be the ones to tell Bobbie.  Not cool

And what's worse, is that once Val dropped the nugget she seemed to disapear completely.  I don't remember seeing her still there when Lulu showed up or when Nelle did.  So they used Brytni for, literally a 1 minute scene to tell us something huge, that we'll never see happen onscreen.  But I have to spend insufferable amounts of time with Robot Jason and Motor Mouth of Annoyance Huxley.  Sure.  

• Love 7
23 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

Didn't Robert Scorpio have a girlfriend at one point that was a classical pianist?

5 hours ago, ulkis said:

Katherine Delafield.

I would laugh myself silly if it turns out that Oscar's father was Robert Scorpio.  That would mean that 100% of Robert's offspring were kept secret from him for major portions of their lives.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, yowsah1 said:

I would laugh myself silly if it turns out that Oscar's father was Robert Scorpio. That would mean that 100% of Robert's offspring were kept secret from him for major portions of their lives.

If Elizabeth hadn't decided to be the judge and jury of morality (hypocritical at best coming from her) and expose Britt's lies about Ben at her engagement party to Nik, Lulu would have gone through that exact scenario.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Perkie said:

And what's worse, is that once Val dropped the nugget she seemed to disapear completely.  I don't remember seeing her still there when Lulu showed up or when Nelle did.  So they used Brytni for, literally a 1 minute scene to tell us something huge, that we'll never see happen onscreen.  But I have to spend insufferable amounts of time with Robot Jason and Motor Mouth of Annoyance Huxley.  Sure.  

Why can't they just show Brad at least and not Val?   I saw her a week or so ago and I didn't recognize her.  I forgot all about her.  

• Love 1

Lucas and Brad probably want to adopt because no one has to look after their kids in this town.  They're all over at the Quartermaine Daycare.

Jakeson's homecoming from the hospital was particularly laughable.  The kids could make up a sign, but none were allowed to be there when he came home.

Edited by ciarra
double double posting.
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, LexieLily said:

If Elizabeth hadn't decided to be the judge and jury of morality (hypocritical at best coming from her) and expose Britt's lies about Ben at her engagement party to Nik, Lulu would have gone through that exact scenario.

Elizabeth did not expose Britt's lies about Ben; she handed Lulu the confession which was written on the back of Cam's art work and tried leave the party.    Elizabeth should have punched Nik in his face and reminded him how Spencer was kept from him by CarJax.

Brad and Lucas remind me how OLTL yanked the popular Kish (Kyle and Fish) off the show.

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Elizabeth used to be one of my faves and now she's unwatchable to me. Actually, sub in 'General Hospital' for 'Elizabeth' and that statement still stands. Honestly, it's sad.

I legit can't stomach her anymore and it also makes me sad 

• Love 6

Thirded.  It's not just the pairing with a character, IMO, Liz would never touch, but the way they write her now.  Even Franco has some awareness that he has done some heinous, HEINOUS things, but Liz is always written to be all, "Ooooh, poor baby, don't listen to those meanies."  It's gross.

• Love 6

I just cannot, CANNOT deal with this ongoing boo hoofest of S&C whining and chapel loitering over Morgan.  Morgan was a kid both were very good at ignoring and treating like a 3rd class citizen and even when bragging about what kind of person he would have been had he lived, both described a person that DID NOT EXIST. They did not know Morgan, not even a little bit. X Games snowboarder? Franchising Perks? That little asshole couldn't even wait to legitimately get into PCU, Mommy and Daddy had to buy his way in.  I wanted so badly for Griff to remind Morgan's asshole parents that while they were stinking up the chapel with their whining, the families of THEIR victims were also grieving and none of them were bitching at him about it so maybe they should slow their howl parade a bit, yes?

And while I had a good laugh, I still can't quite believe that Fakeson and Sam are still not bothering with their much loved and missed children.  They're doing everything to AVOID being around their children and yet, wasn't Fakeson citing not wanting to be away from his kids as why he couldn't hack it at ELQ? Oh, that's why they've had sex, food, a check up and are now running off to NYC together! Because they love their children so much and can't be away from them.

Finally, I can feel it. Liz is going back into that grinder again. She just got told a secret, wants to tell, but won't because this is Liz's role in this thing. She's either watching Franco steal her stories, playing supportive girlfriend to his stories or is taking the heat for bullshit.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Liz is always written to be all, "Ooooh, poor baby, don't listen to those meanies."  It's gross.

I know. She could at least be saying something like she knows he's working to put it in his past. There's no need to make her such a toady.

Right, a misprinted date on a big-city paper is going to be worth something. No wonder Huxley is in trouble. 

"Hi, Julian. Thought I might be hearing from you." That's because you asked him to call you, Jason. Another really bad line.

Griffin, save your prayers for Morgan. He wouldn't have appreciated them.

Is today the first time Chris Van Etten got a HW credit?

• Love 3

I'll admit I thought SB did a nice job showing Jason's distress over the passage of time and his realization of just how much he has missed. I appreciate that they're seemingly setting up both Jason and Drew to be deserving of our sympathies; Jason's been hidden away and lost years of his life, while Drew was (apparently unknowingly) manipulated into inhabiting a life he had no rights to, meaning both men have had their identities stolen. They're both victims and there's no clear-cut bad guy, and I think that makes for a more compelling story. 

"We see you, Morgan, in Avery's smile and Avery's laugh." #MakeAveryMorganskid #Sonnyhasenough #Erasecryptsexfromhistory

Of course Liz only cares about protecting precious Franco from worrying himself to death over Drew. That's the only reason the truth should come out, so Franco feels better and stops obsessing. She's so fucking worthless and I can't even find the energy to be upset by it anymore. 

• Love 3

Morgan might have joined the Peace Corps?  Taught little children in Uganda?  Stop it, Sonny and Carly, you're killing me...I can't breathe from laughing so hard...  Their fantasy Morgan is hilarious.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Linny said:

I'll admit I thought SB did a nice job showing Jason's distress over the passage of time and his realization of just how much he has missed. I appreciate that they're seemingly setting up both Jason and Drew to be deserving of our sympathies; Jason's been hidden away and lost years of his life, while Drew was (apparently unknowingly) manipulated into inhabiting a life he had no rights to, meaning both men have had their identities stolen. They're both victims and there's no clear-cut bad guy, and I think that makes for a more compelling story. 

I think they should avoid blame altogether, though I'm not sure that will happen. (I can see Franco, Heather, Betsy, Helena, Elizabeth, and/or Nik getting hit.) When things are equal it's definitely more compelling. 

It's revolting that Carly and Sonny get to commemorate Morgan's death, but Michael doesn't get to do that for AJ. Too bad Griffin didn't know that Sonny shot AJ in cold blood. Yes, Ava was taunting Sonny, but it's not as if Sonny needed much of a push.

Uh, Sam, at least ask Monica if she can take care of your kids before you and Jason gallivant in NYC, huh? 

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Linny said:

"We see you, Morgan, in Avery's smile and Avery's laugh." #MakeAveryMorganskid #Sonnyhasenough #Erasecryptsexfromhistory

I still contend that Carly switched Avery, Sonny and Morgan's DNA results and that Morgan is Avery's father.  She was afraid that if Morgan were Avery's father, Ava would forever have her hooks into her baby boy.  Carly switched the results and made Sonny the daddy so Morgan would be "free of Ava" but still have a close relationship with him.  If/when Morgan returns from the dead, all will be revealed and Sonny will call Carly a "faithless whore" and break up with her......again.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AuxArx said:

Morgan might have joined the Peace Corps?  Taught little children in Uganda?  Stop it, Sonny and Carly, you're killing me...I can't breathe from laughing so hard...  Their fantasy Morgan is hilarious.

Yes, I'm sure Morgan is organizing food drives and afterschool programs for needy children in that great volunteer program in the sky.

Shut up, Carly and Sonny.  Ya know what Morgan would be doing if he was still on this Earth?  Same thing he was doing last year--not a whole lot.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yes, I'm sure Morgan is organizing food drives and afterschool programs for needy children in that great volunteer program in the sky.

Shut up, Carly and Sonny.  Ya know what Morgan would be doing if he was still on this Earth?  Same thing he was doing last year--not a whole lot.  

I don't like Sonny or Carly much, either, but they have a right to at least imagine what their son would've been doing, even if that's not the case.

I still don't know why they're blaming Ava for his death, though.  That was Olivia, not Ava.

11 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

I don't like Sonny or Carly much, either, but they have a right to at least imagine what their son would've been doing, even if that's not the case.

I still don't know why they're blaming Ava for his death, though.  That was Olivia, not Ava.

Of course they do, but what they're imagining is so far outside of what Morgan would do it's ridiculous. There was nothing we saw of Morgan that would indicate he'd go anywhere near volunteer work.

Ava is in Port Charles, so she gets blamed for everything. I'm sort of surprised Sonny and Carly didn't mention Julian, as it was his car that blew up. That makes it party his fault, too!

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well, Ava switched his pills.

Which had no bearing on his death whatsoever.

7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ava is in Port Charles, so she gets blamed for everything. I'm sort of surprised Sonny and Carly didn't mention Julian, as it was his car that blew up. That makes it party his fault, too!

Oh, of course.  When in doubt, always blame Ava.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"Hi, Julian. Thought I might be hearing from you." That's because you asked him to call you, Jason.

I laughed so hard at the stupidity of that.  Plus Billy's tone when he said it.  

3 hours ago, Linny said:

I'll admit I thought SB did a nice job showing Jason's distress over the passage of time and his realization of just how much he has missed.

Ugh, I am so far on the opposite side of this one.  Hated it.  Oooh Jason's got tears in his eyes, I should badly for him.  And yet, I DON"T.  Shut up Jason's tears!

3 hours ago, Linny said:

They're both victims and there's no clear-cut bad guy

That would be the smart way to write it, but I'm willing to bet actual money that Drew will be made the bad guy.  People (and I mean Carly and Sonny) will beleive he was in on it and he'll become the town pariah, while they run around declaring to everyone how, they knew Drew wasn't the real Jason.  

36 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

I adore Ava (well, Maura West really) and am on Ava's side against everyone, but even I have to admit that had she not switched the pills, he wouldn't have stolen the car that killed him.  He'd still be a complete and utter douchebag, because that's who he was even on the pills and because of his genetics.  But Ava is maybe 1% culpable while Olivia is 50% culpable for putting the bomb in the car and Morgan is 49% culpable for being an utter douchebag and thinking beating up a teenager and stealing a car was the thing to do because he was in  a pissy mood that Kiki didn't want to tether herself to his stupid ass.  

• Love 5
On 10/6/2017 at 9:54 PM, statsgirl said:

she's the most selfish cow that ever moo'ed.  

OMG, LOL!!  This is my new favorite phrase and I will work it into conversation as often as possible!

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Perkie said:

That would be the smart way to write it, but I'm willing to bet actual money that Drew will be made the bad guy.

I dunno, so far this is textbook Tale of Two Todds and that was written in a way that VicTodd wasn't really to blame for the switch.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Star Aristille said:

I think it's certainly possible it had some bearing on it. He wasn't properly medicated and that might have contributed to him behaving the way he was. 

Sonny and Carly still suck though and have no room to talk about, well, anything.

• Love 5

I think either Nelle called that over the top, PC Tabloid TV reporter hoping to go public & gain sympathy with an on-air interview telling that sad, sad story about her fiance's "accidental death" & his vengeful family who won't stop trying to ruin her life; or she called a high-end jewelry dealer to make a deal to that sell that grandmother's  engagement ring for big bucks.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Thirded.  It's not just the pairing with a character, IMO, Liz would never touch, but the way they write her now.  Even Franco has some awareness that he has done some heinous, HEINOUS things, but Liz is always written to be all, "Ooooh, poor baby, don't listen to those meanies."  It's gross.

6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

There's no need to make her such a toady.

But it's all of a piece with the way the show constantly disrespects Liz and her fans, while blatantly using said character and her fans to prop characters that otherwise wouldn't fly.  Need somebody to be utterly trashed to make another character/pairing look better?  Trash Liz!

I'm so glad I don't watch this shitshow anymore.

• Love 2

The caption accompanying this clip is infuriating and misleading for a few reasons:

1) It should be Quartermaines, not Quartermaine's.

2) It's not actually about telling the Quartermaines, it's about telling "Jason", a Quartermaine not even in name only who only reaches out to his family when he needs someone to watch his kids.

3) Again this narrative the writers are shoving down our throats as part of the Tale of Two Jasons retcon that the Quartermaines are evil monsters for not wanting members of their family kept from them.  And Franco getting all self-righteous that the Quartermaines will bring the hammer down on poor Besty who, let's not forget, helped Franco hide Liz's kidnapped newborn son sans brain tumor or "Just kidding!" DVD's.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4