Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Why take a hot and sexy actor like MC and debut his character as a priest?!  Why?!  Why waste all of that sexiness on a half-ass developed character and tie him to a dead man?!  

[Supernatural fan] MC is more than just a hot body, dammit! [/Supernatural fan]

13 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The split screen phone call at the end had me cracking me:

I was rolling. And then the "Who's this?" "Who's this?" in the promo got me again.

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I was rolling. And then the "Who's this?" "Who's this?" in the promo got me again.

This is exactly the type of dumb stuff I vastly enjoy. 

9 hours ago, stlbf said:

Breakup can be a bit if a murky issue. But the fact is this: Zach died. They didn't breakup. They were engaged. And she can keep the ring if she wants it. Yeah, it would be nice for Nell to give it back. But hey, they decided to be assholes to her and they EXPECT HER TO PLAY NICE IN RETURN? Nope.

Because I have way too much time on my hands, I looked it up. (I posted this a few days ago, too.) In Florida an engagement ring is a conditional gift, meaning it usually has to be returned it the donee breaks it off or the relationship ends by mutual agreement. Since Zach/k died, legally Nelle can keep the ring. But because it's a family heirloom, I think it's tacky of her to keep it. However, I also think his family treating her so terribly doesn't make much of a case for her to return it. So basically, I'm Team No One here. Mostly because the story is so boring and stupid. Where is this going?

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Mostly because the [Nelle] story is so boring and stupid. Where is this going?

I seriously don't understand what the point of any of this is.  It all seems so pointless because, obviously, she didn't kill this dude.  And basing this story for her around all these people who don't know or care about makes her feel even less connected to the canvas than before.

• Love 8

Yeah, if they want me to be interested in Nelle, she has to be doing stuff to people on the show. They're spending way too much time on her past. We never met Zach/k, the sister and the ring are plot points. Either have Nelle actually guilty of killing Zach/k for some reason or resolve this and move on. And really, Michael doesn't have the moral high ground when it comes to homicide. I don't think anyone in Port Charles does.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

I think it also again speaks to the problem with this age group.  There's almost nobody Nelle's age, so her rivalries are either with characters way older than her - Carly and Bobbie - or they have to parachute somebody in, a la Dayplayer Sis #2.

• Love 12

The Ava-Blaming Scapegoating is reaching new heights. Jason6 lifted the paperclip from Evil Doctor, but because Ava was there to pick up the oopsie clip, Evil Doctor was able to find the Ava Breadcrumb, and of course, it's her fault Jason6 escaped! Occam's Razor and all!

(Can I borrow Occam's Razor to slit my wrists over this plotline?)

On the plusside, it's nice to see a 90's icon get work:

clippy-300x278.png

"Hi. Would you like to escape from your shackles today?"

38 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
10 hours ago, stlbf said:

Breakup can be a bit if a murky issue. But the fact is this: Zach died. They didn't breakup. They were engaged. And she can keep the ring if she wants it. Yeah, it would be nice for Nell to give it back. But hey, they decided to be assholes to her and they EXPECT HER TO PLAY NICE IN RETURN? Nope.

Because I have way too much time on my hands, I looked it up. (I posted this a few days ago, too.) In Florida an engagement ring is a conditional gift, meaning it usually has to be returned it the donee breaks it off or the relationship ends by mutual agreement. Since Zach/k died, legally Nelle can keep the ring. But because it's a family heirloom, I think it's tacky of her to keep it. However, I also think his family treating her so terribly doesn't make much of a case for her to return it. So basically, I'm Team No One here. Mostly because the story is so boring and stupid. Where is this going?

Nelle: Mine! Mine! Mine! Zack gave it to me!

Michael: That's not fair to Zack's family. If my brother was killed, and my grandmother's ring was given to someone we framed, er, a woman we hated, I would take steps to get it back.

Nelle: You would actually sue me for it?

Michael: Well, I wouldn't do that first, I'd ask, and then, yeah, I would get my lawyers, and, failing that, I would find my fathers will, giving me claim to the ring, holding her hostage, forcing her to sign over the ring at gunpoint before shooting her to death, then exchanging the testimony of the only witness for life-altering surgery....

Nelle: Wait, what?

Michael (holds up script): We got the pages mixed up again!

Nina (enters, reads scripts): Mine, mine, mine.... yeah, that sounds like my lines....

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think it also again speaks to the problem with this age group.  There's almost nobody Nelle's age, so her rivalries are either with characters way older than her - Carly and Bobbie - or they have to parachute somebody in, a la Dayplayer Sis #2.

Absolutely. Nelle feuding with Bobbie and Carly doesn't work, mostly because the older women end up looking like bullies. But Lauren is in the hospital bubble, such as it is, and Maxie is stuck in Ask Man Landers hell. That's basically the age group.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

OGJason: Who dis?

DrewYoureNew: No, who DIS?

OGJason: I asked you first.

DYN: But you called me.

Silence for next 40 minutes, aka a typical Jason ~conversation.

Personally, that's how I envision SB and BM initial meeting on set going.

More of the same on this show.  Sonny is the best ever. Sam cries.  Carly gets in someone else's business.  Nina is annoying. Ass Man Landers continues to make no sense. Val is bad. No he's good.  No he's bad again.  Kiki is forgettable. Kristina grosses me out.  Franco is annoying. Jason is annoying.  Franco and Jason battle to see who gets on my nerves more in their scene. Michael, who has the bloodline to be the most fascinating character on the show wastes time with the second-most forgettable storyline.  Oh wait, third most.  I forgot about Lulu. That's the most forgettable.

• Love 2

No Sonny. Yay!

I liked Ava's earrings.  And now I'm at least wondering whether Bench is supposed to be a good guy or a bad guy.  Though I guess if they are throwing him at Alexis, he's a bad one.

And did Franco's entrance to NotJasonButDrew's room get a different start from the cut-off ending from the previous episode?  Why a bear? Why balloons? 

I don't think I even try and analyze the story lines anymore.  I mean, what's the point?

• Love 2

Dear lord. This Jason crap is even worse than I feared.

It's one thing to resurrect a character whose last major plot line involved seriously debating whether or not to ditch his new pregnant wife because the kid might have been a product of a rape and as a bonus - to resurrect the rapist.  BM's Jason hasn't done anything rotten except for killing and hurting people that almighty Sonny judges as deserving such punishment.  It's another thing to have to watch Sonny and Carly in the same episode.  As long as Sonny and Carly aren't in the same episode as the Jasons and Franco then my mind can attempt to put on the back burner FV/writers' attempts to make these horrific characters palatable by displaying a tinge of remorse.  

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny (but Jason X 2 is not far behind)
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

[Supernatural fan] MC is more than just a hot body, dammit! [/Supernatural fan]

Yes, MC can act, but he is also hot and sexy!  Griffin should have been a bad boy doctor connected to the Scorpio's!

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

You guys, I really, REALLY need for Anna to stop talking about Valentin.  Like, immediately. 

I KNOW. Anna's explanation that she's partly responsible for who he is so she's partly responsible for what he does is ridiculous. I'd rather she just cop to being bored and wanting to visit Monte Carlo.

The necklace Valentin gave Nina should have been the same one that was "stolen" on the Morocco fashion shoot. Heh.

• Love 5

Nina and Valentin's endless cycle of fucking and rhapsodizing about their relationship is high on my list of things I could eliminate from this show without a second thought. Please GOD give them something else to do.

The chairs on Cassandra's terrace were identical to the ones at the cafe. Must only be one interior decorator in all of Monaco. I'm glad Finn messed up Anna's attempt at espionage, that's what she gets for lying to him and roping him into this harebrained scheme. He should leave her ass to do this alone, regardless of the blackmail threat, because she's being insufferable.

I like Griffin and Ava but it would have been nice to see Ava save herself without the help of her dashing prince charming.

It's boring and predictable that this tale of two Jasons is going to result in Sam having to choose between Original Recipe Jason and Gluten Free Jason. I'd rather know more about Drew's history and what happened to him after he left Betsy and Franco, but I have a feeling those details are going to be vague and unsatisfactory so we can focus on the love triangle.

• Love 5

LOL at OGJason's exasperation that Griffin gave him money. I can't wait to see how he gets back to PC with the $20 he now has and no ID. (Probably along with Ava and Griffin, maybe on someone's private jet?)

Sam and Jason have already had the "we have to live less dangerous lives" conversation. Just because OG Jason is back doesn't change that. So why are we hearing it AGAIN?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I KNOW. Anna's explanation that she's partly responsible for who he is so she's partly responsible for what he does is ridiculous. I'd rather she just cop to being bored and wanting to visit Monte Carlo.

You think she'd be more interested in finding Alex, isn't she in the wind?

So Nina and Valentin aren't going to take a shower after their sexy time? 

Also, Anna is incredibly annoying.

So now Sam is breaking up with Jason? 

How timely.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

t certainly would be nice if Griffin and Dr. Michael Easton, as the only two doctor characters on contract, did doctor-y things. 

Oh, but Griffin did do a doctor-y thing today.  He jabbed the Evil Dr. with that syringe - without knowing what was even in the damn thing.  He could be killing him, for all he knows.  Some physician.  Some priest.  Oh I forgot - that's balanced out by his good deed of giving Jason some pin money.  Got it.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

He jabbed the Evil Dr. with that syringe - without knowing what was even in the damn thing.  He could be killing him, for all he knows.  Some physician.  Some priest.

It was pretty clear Ava was being threatened, so I think both as a doctor and a priest Griffin can let himself off the hook there.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Sam and Jason have already had the "we have to live less dangerous lives" conversation. Just because OG Jason is back doesn't change that. So why are we hearing it AGAIN?

got to make it as anvily as possible.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I never cared for SB as an actor, and for the last few years he was on GH he seemed to be phoning it in.  I wasn't sorry when he left.  However - I have to admit that I'm glad to see him back!  For starters, I never cared for Billy Miller in that role.  Even with the supposed plastic surgery, I didn't detect any physical resemblance to Jason.  Even the shape of their heads is different.  I could never buy into that story line.   And then his personality was waaay to sunny to be Stone Cold.  Now we know why that is, but for several years there I just couldn't reconcile BM and Jason Morgan.  So, I'll give SB another chance to show some real acting chops.  I've never seen him on any other show, so maybe he really can act.  Do I have reason to hope???

• Love 1
On 10/3/2017 at 7:31 PM, Ladyrain said:

So, I'll give SB another chance to show some real acting chops.  I've never seen him on any other show, so maybe he really can act.  Do I have reason to hope???

Steve can act decently. Look up on youtube Jason's break up with Robin or even his one with Courtney. After that he mostly stopped trying.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9

I swear to god if they pull a Robin where Jason makes it back to PC only to find that Sam has moved on and seems happy so he hides in the fucking shadows for months, I will lose my shit! Let's get Borg vs. Andrew into the octagon now! 

• Love 3

Why does Evil Russian Doctor want to keep Ava there?  She let the non-psychotic Patient 5 go so why wouldn't he boot her out of the clinic as soon as he could?

Obviously BM's Jason is not the real Jason. He wants to get out of the mob to protect his family.  Even Sam told him it's not necessary.

The "expensive" jewelry on this show is really subpar.  Nina's necklace was nice but something I would get my sister-in-law for Christmas.  And unlike Valentin's millions, I'm on a tight budget.

Nelle:  I want to keep the ring because it's all I have left of my fiance.  (Me:  You had a rich fiance and the only thing he gave you in all the time you know him was the engagement ring?  Girl, you're better rid of him.)

7 hours ago, Linny said:

It's boring and predictable that this tale of two Jasons is going to result in Sam having to choose between Original Recipe Jason and Gluten Free Jason. I'd rather know more about Drew's history and what happened to him after he left Betsy and Franco, but I have a feeling those details are going to be vague and unsatisfactory so we can focus on the love triangle.

That sounds far more interesting than anything they've done on it so far.  So of course the story they're going to show us is going to be all about SBu and how Sam is going to pick him. And Carly gloating.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Previews...hey, it's Laura.  I'm guessing her holding a gun on Valentin is a dream?

I hope so, because her hair was sure a nightmare. Hey-o!

I have to confess that I'm into this two Jasons stuff so far. Especially because lots of other characters are getting drawn into it. But I am going to need KeMo to WAKE UP in her scenes, if we're going to care about her "who do I choose" soapy dilemma.  

Nina and Valentin need to shut up about their fantasies of raising Charlotte and the only thing standing in the way of their happiness is the audacity of Lulu wanting custody of her daughter. Enough. Nothing will ever make me believe that Lulu and Valentin will get to a place where they will co-parent amicably, nor should she, so just give Lulu full custody, allow Valentin limited visitation, and be done with it. 

• Love 4

I'm really getting tired of them mocking and sneering at Cassandra's health issues.  Even if it is hypochondriasis, is it something to laugh about?  What if she were OCD or had anxiety?  Would that be something to look down upon?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

That sounds far more interesting than anything they've done on it so far.  So of course the story they're going to show us is going to be all about SBu and how Sam is going to pick him. And Carly gloating.

I think Sam will eventually pick BM actually. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, ulkis said:

LMAO. The story of JaSam just being epically crapped on is like....I don't even have words for how comedic it would be after all these years. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ulkis said:

Which isn't a bad story, but it would have been helpful if they'd spent any time at all discussing or even acknowledging the differences between BMJason and OGJason.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ulkis said:

And she should.  Steve's Jason has always, ALWAYS been about Sonny (and Carly).  Whatever woman came in and out of his life, the one he ended up with was Sonny.  

Billy's Jason has pretty much been about Sam since he "remembered" who he was and who he was supposed to love.  He's the only one who will put Sam first.  (And I say this as someone who despises the character of Jason (more so as played by SBu) and who never understood why either Sam or Liz would fight over the robot)

• Love 6
2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I wouldn't stop laughing for days. Can you imagine the Jasam mafia's reaction?

Actually, a large contingent of fans (online at least) want her with Billy's Jason. I do wish there were a way to know how Billy's Jason has been received overall by the general audience.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, LillyB said:

Did OGJason ever pray? I don't remember him doing that.

Very rarely, but it has happened before.

11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Why does Evil Russian Doctor want to keep Ava there?  She let the non-psychotic Patient 5 go so why wouldn't he boot her out of the clinic as soon as he could?

Because she's seen Patient 6's face? Because there's no guarantee Ava won't bring in the authorities? The clinic supposedly values its privacy above all else. I hope Griffin takes Ava away from the clinic today, because I can't stand another minute of her astonishment that she's being blamed for something she absolutely did.

17 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Actually, a large contingent of fans (online at least) want her with Billy's Jason.

Is that because of the RL relationship? There's all that Killy stuff.

Frankly, I want both Jason to be chucked aside. Neither of them is any great prize, IMO. Let Carly agonize over who she has the "special" connection with. 

• Love 1

I don't like the narrative that seems to be building that the Jason that wants to leave the mob behind, protect his family, and be less under Sonny's thumb is a pussy and thus not the real Jason.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I don't like the narrative that seems to be building that the Jason that wants to leave the mob behind, protect his family, and be less under Sonny's thumb is a pussy and thus not the real Jason.

I'm more like...when do Jason and Sam apologize to all the people they shit on for daring to be against this "life" they both no longer want to be apart of.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I agree, but how else would we know who the real Jason is? I'm not being snarky. There will never be a serious story about someone who has a legitimate reason to hate Sonny and the mob. It's ridiculous.

So are we going to have Jason and Drew basically competing to be Sonny's best friend and mob enforcer?  That sounds so boring.

• Love 2

Jason/Carly/Sonny BFF & mob enforcer story has always been boring.  It's just that the writers never realized it.

2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Billy's Jason has pretty much been about Sam since he "remembered" who he was and who he was supposed to love.  He's the only one who will put Sam first.

Thus proving that he is the inferior Jason.  Any who doesn't put Sonny and Carly first is always going to be wrong and weak.

If I were the showrunner, I would be careful not to write a BMJason/Sam eternal love story because  BM is much more likely to leave the show than SBu.  BM has an actual acting career.

56 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Because she's seen Patient 6's face? Because there's no guarantee Ava won't bring in the authorities? The clinic supposedly values its privacy above all else. I hope Griffin takes Ava away from the clinic today, because I can't stand another minute of her astonishment that she's being blamed for something she absolutely did.

It's Russia, where leaders of the opposition are attacked on the steps of the government building and going against Putin is practically a death sentence.

They're really not going to care about Patient 6 whatever his story is. 

It's so stupid.  There's no way Jason is important enough to spend all that money keeping him catatonic in the clinic for all those years.  Either he saw something he shouldn't, in which case they should have killed him, or it's not that important. Nor is he.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4
On 10/4/2017 at 10:53 AM, TeeVee329 said:

I don't think that's the way it comes across at all. I think they are agreeing that Jason should leave the mob behind.

Although Jason was never under Sonny's thumb, but that's another debate.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5