Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Matt Cohen was looking especially clean-cut and fresh-scrubbed today

I wouldn't be shocked if that was deliberate.  "Will evil skank Ava corrupt this innocent young lamb?!?!".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I do love how a bee sting immediately results in a man taking his shirt off, a scarred wicked woman ogling and then rubbing/groping mysterious oil on said bee sting while damn near drooling and a heated stare off as we fade to black. That was SO classic soap. It was delicious.

• Love 10

"Why, Ava Jerome, what do you have in there?" "Just some water." "Distilled in Russia?" Hee.

Sonny, butt out of Carly scolding Joss. You are not her parent. She doesn't even live with you.

Oh, Kristina. You are your parents' daughter.

What does Sonny pushing back his PT start date have to do with him being grateful everyone being safe? How are those things connected?

At least RoHo finally got a haircut. I hope that was part of his contract.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

Alexis has caught Michael Easton syndrome. One button unbuttoned one too low.

Jason threw the gun off the bridge. That means all the cops have to do is ask the moon to light the spot on the grass where it landed.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

At least RoHo finally got a haircut. I hope that was part of his contract.

But was it washed?  And will it be regularly?   Maybe his wife irl was like "You can work in California,  but damn Roger, stop having hobo hair!"  So, he put a weekly trip to Super Cute in the contract.

Dante:  Someone put up the picture of the bullet on the dark web.

Me:  Why would anyone do that?  Do you even know what the dark web is used for?

When Julian is sent away (because he just looks too happy that the trial is going well), will Alexis be stuck in even worse storylines like Kristina and Parker? Where is the Kristina who was all about going to Yale and becoming a lawyer?  This moron deserve to be at PCU.

Parker is teaching English and American literature. Is that confirmation that they are not the same thing?  Where do Canadian, Australian and other English-speaking authors fit in?

P.S. if Molly needs that course, she can wait till next term when Parker is no longer teaching it.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Matt Cohen was looking especially clean-cut and fresh-scrubbed today

There was soooo much yummy going on there!  Totally distracted me from the fact that the evil fire managed to scorch Ava, uniformly down the left side of her face.  I mean,there's an actual line.  

• Love 5

The "Sam shoots Sonny" story is a reminder that adding layers of complication (like Jason stealing the gun from the evidence room) does not make a story better when the stakes are fundamentally low. Sonny is going to live. Sonny is not even that badly injured, and he gets shot every year anyway; someone was going to do it. Sonny knows who shot him and doesn't care. Jason knows, and he doesn't care much either. The way they're writing the toxoplasmosis, it might as well have been the flu. She's all better; she isn't still hallucinating. It's not as though the shooting is being blamed on some innocent person, and the Garvey guy is dead. So, really, all this is about is fear of how Carly will react, and Dante and Nathan conducting one of these investigations that we know will not result in anyone going to jail. People get away with coldblooded murder on this show; they aren't going to send a contract player to jail for accidentally shooting someone in the leg.  

So they had a dramatic idea, an unbalanced Sam turning on Sonny and doing something that put his life in jeopardy, and they undercut it at every turn. There were several better ways, as soap writing goes, e.g., Sam still being dangerous to others now, and Jason being conflicted as to what the right thing to do is; Sonny banging his head and legitimately not remembering how he got into the pit; some other character being falsely accused, et cetera.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

Jason threw the gun off the bridge.

I really, really hope that gun dosn't contract toxoplasmosis.  That ravine is apparently riddled with the disease.  

• Love 10
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

Jason threw the gun off the bridge.

I really, really hope that gun dosn't contract toxoplasmosis.  That ravine is apparently riddled with the disease.  

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Linny said:

Carly lecturing Joss about lying, breaking the rules, and suffering the consequences was laughable

Total plot point.  Everyone is lying to Carly so she has to go on and on about "LYING" to beat us over the head with it.  "See how upset Carly is that Joss is lying to her?  Gee will she be as upset when she finds out that others are lying to her".  Ooooh the tension, you could cut it with a knife.  Well, a plastic knife.  Okay, maybe just a spork.  

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

So they had a dramatic idea, an unbalanced Sam turning on Sonny and doing something that put his life in jeopardy, and they undercut it at every turn.

They do this so often it's practically SOP. I'll never understand it. We all know the major players won't die or go to jail or be offscreen for any major length of time, but they could at least give us some emotional stakes. There are absolutely none in this story. Carly finding out she's being lied to is the big cliffhanger here. Big whoop.

• Love 3

I find Parker & Kristina icky. Not because of the lesbian part but because Kristina looks like she is 12.  I know Lexi Ainsworth is 24 but Ashley Jones is 40. It just looks so wrong. Maybe, it's just me.

• Love 14
48 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I find Parker & Kristina icky. Not because of the lesbian part but because Kristina looks like she is 12.  I know Lexi Ainsworth is 24 but Ashley Jones is 40. It just looks so wrong. Maybe, it's just me.

Not just you.  Lexi Ainsworth may be 24 but Kristina acts like she's 12.  Add to that the height difference and Parker looks like she's Kristina's mother.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

It'll be alright--as long as Julian was at least on the other side of town.  If not, he could be at fault and then, well, god help the poor gun.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She is.

Olivia did, but in typical Olivia fashion, she wasn't willing to compromise. She probably demanded that Cook allow her to make whatever she wants whenever she wants, and when Cook refused, Olivia tried that dumb book offer. When that didn't work, Olivia didn't ask how to make it work, she fired Cook. Now we'll get Olivia whining about how she's not accepted into the Q family, or some such nonsense, when all of this was completely avoidable. But Olivia had to be a bulldozer.

12 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

The thing about Monica being livid is that it's always hard for me to tell. I cannot put my finger on what exactly is wrong, but Leslie Charleson has a range issue where there isn't much of a difference in her expressions and vocal tone between "baseline" and "mildly irritated" and "furious." I have to go by the words. She seems harried and exasperated all the time.  

However, if she makes a big honking deal out of this Cook ish, I actually hope Olivia and Ned do move out. They can certainly afford it. It's a little creepy for newlyweds to be living with the husband's ex-lover anyway, and the fact that she has this "matriarchal" presence as the owner of the house and the female head of the clan doesn't help. But something tells me if the topic is even broached, Monica will be asking them to stay, and for writing/shooting purposes, it makes more sense to keep as many characters as justifiable living at the Q mansion. If Ned and Olivia weren't there anymore, there would be scant reason to ever show the place. So many of the others are dead or off the canvas.  

If that was livid for Monica, I feel for her. It was like 2 lines. HayChel strikes again. Instead of an actual argument, we got not much and then Michael bitching about HayChel. Monica should be telling Olivia that she f'd it up and Olivia needs to fix it. And by fix it, she means get Cook back in Monica's kitchen. And then tell Ned that HE KNOWS THE RULES about the kitchen. And if his wife is unhappy with said rules, they can leave. There is a perfectly good Gatehouse for them. With its own kitchen. And on the Q grounds.

It is just so damn disappointing. This little side story could easily be so much more.

And yes Olivia, Sonny is a much better father than Julian. Hey, when was the last time Julian ordered a hit on an innocent police officer who could turn out to be his child? Ooops. 

• Love 6

I was hoping for a match of Parker and Alexis, but seeing them together didn't raise much spark. Maybe Parker will seduce Molly, messing up the Molly/TJ dynamic, making lusty Kristina jealous, setting Kristina and Molly at odds, and causing Alexis's head to explode.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
duplicate post; removed one

Finn rushing Jared was hilarious. Finn looks like a stiff breeze would take him out most days, but sure, he's up for a fight. He's lucky Curtis was there to deliver that punch. I don't get why they're stretching out Hayden's disappearance, she's honestly not worth all this worrying. Unless we find out Liesl flung her from a parapet I don't care where she is as long as she's gone.

And so our Franco furlough comes to an end. The good news is his haircut makes him look 75% less like a hobo. The bad news is his mauling of Liz still tests my gag reflex mightily. And that judgmental line he threw at Liesl about her tampering with the drug tests was pretty highfalutin from somebody who kept a man in a dog cage last year.

Dammit, Ava, couldn't you have kept fantasizing long enough for Griffin to take his shirt off again? I needed something to cleanse my palate after the Franco grossness. I enjoy her and Griffin's easy chemistry and how she lets her guard down with him. She needs someone she can trust, and Griffin's confidence in her character is a big morale boost. Ava's a fairly lonely character, so it's nice to see her reaching out to Griffin.

• Love 11

No, Show, it's not creepy at all that Elizabeth had no idea when Franco would return and therefore ran into him outside of Kelly's. Also, am I supposed to feel sorry that Franco lost some money and paintings to his victims' families because he's a SERIAL KILLER? Because I don't. Whatever he had to go through was nothing compared to his victims.

It's also gross that Franco continually tries to keep Elizabeth from working. 

I thought Kristina wanted to be a lawyer; but she's enrolled in PCU's business school. Or is Molly the budding lawyer? LOL that Kristina thinks tenure happens after one semester.

"Whoa, whoa, that's some whack poetry, man, right there, okay?" I wonder if Donnell Turner enjoyed saying that line. It's as if Steve Buscemi's SNL character wrote it. ("How do you do, fellow kids?")

If Valentin calls Ava, why would she need his card? What a dumb thing for him to ask.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Also, am I supposed to feel sorry that Franco lost some money and paintings to his victims' families because he's a SERIAL KILLER? Because I don't. Whatever he had to go through was nothing compared to his victims.

Oh, gross, I missed today (not on purpose!) and I was afraid of this, whining about the lawsuit.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought Kristina wanted to be a lawyer; but she's enrolled in PCU's business school. Or is Molly the budding lawyer? LOL that Kristina thinks tenure happens after one semester.

Kristina did want to be a lawyer, but I don't imagine the writers bothered to check her backstory. 

Yesterday, Parker said that PCU had offered her tenure, and I was like, "Whaaat?" So I can't fault Kristina too much. So I guess we can add "tenure" to yet another one of the things that the writers didn't bother to check. 

• Love 2

what's this junk about liz worrying about hayden? they knew they were sisters for two minutes. why did haydens ex husband take the blame for the accident? were there witnesses?

parker looks like Kristina's mom.how many years has kristina been going to school? 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, rur said:

Yesterday, Parker said that PCU had offered her tenure, and I was like, "Whaaat?"

Wait, I thought Molly said she was just a visiting professor.  Ugh, this storyline.

Again, didn't see today, what did she say about still being married?

They did get it right at least that it's tough to get an fulltime academic position.

Parker said that PCU had hired her for a term and if it works out, she could get tenure. She probably should have said "tenure-track" but it's true that people can be hired directly with tenure. But usually they have a ton of impressive publications when that happens and usually have been poached from another university.  I don't see Parker anywhere like that.

@TeeVee329, Parker said she tried to make her marriage work but it's over now. Then she spewed some garbage about how brave she felt when she was with Kristina, like Anna Karenina added Krissy.

Ava:  But I've done such terrible things.  (Me: you'll never hear Sonny or Jason say that.)

Curtis threatening to torture Jared to give him Hayden/Rachels whereabout was so gross. It's not sexy or impressive at all.

Even if I had never met Franco before, I would have thought he was a piece of crap from this episode, no sympathy for the families and  not telling Elizabeth he's coming back and then expecting her to blow off her job that she supports her children on to spend time with him.  As a pairing, Franco/Obrecht is miles better.

Liesl said "guten tag" with an Austrian accent. Awwww.

Jared is an asshole, there is no doubt about that.  However, I can't help thinking he has a right to be pissed off at Hayden.  They made a deal.  He took the rap and went to prison for Hayden's crime.  She drove drunk, hit and paralyzed a CHILD and left the scene of the accident (she left the child in the street to die!).  Jared should not be blackmailing Hayden but I can not feel sorry for her. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

They did get it right at least that it's tough to get an fulltime academic position.

Parker said that PCU had hired her for a term and if it works out, she could get tenure. She probably should have said "tenure-track" but it's true that people can be hired directly with tenure. But usually they have a ton of impressive publications when that happens and usually have been poached from another university.  I don't see Parker anywhere like that.

I don't trust a word that comes out of Parker's mouth. But dumb Kristina was actually pursuing Parker after their paths crossed, and Parker instantly realized that Kristina is still fair game. Every bit of information Parker shares is targeted to her own needs and plans. She's a predator all right, who came to PC when a position opened up and she was sure that Kristina was back home. Of course innocent little Molly will meet Parker soon, and the fat will be in the fire. Parker likes to prey on the inexperienced and vulnerable, rather than someone closer to her own age and experience. I wouldn't be surprised if she has her ex-partner wrapped around her finger too, and they fight over Parker's frequent straying because the make-up sex is good. Since her partner is a doctor, maybe she will show up at General Hospital after getting lonely again.

6 hours ago, rur said:

Kristina did want to be a lawyer, but I don't imagine the writers bothered to check her backstory. 

Yesterday, Parker said that PCU had offered her tenure, and I was like, "Whaaat?" So I can't fault Kristina too much. So I guess we can add "tenure" to yet another one of the things that the writers didn't bother to check. 

Considering how much history the writers have gotten wrong, even when it's been relatively recent history (like Jason being "dead" and not wandering around Cassadine Island), that's not surprising. And I'm guessing, since this is a same-sex relationship story, that it's going to be badly handled, get minimal coverage that's dragged out tediously, and that Kristina will join Brad and Lucas in the closet once all is said and done given how this show feels about lgbt characters. Kristina's main purpose these days seems to be to help prop Sonny with the rest of the town. She's a Cassadine; she could be part of some Cassadine stories instead of being forced to pretend that Sonny has any redeeming qualities (he has none - in fact, Franco should really be his child instead of Kristina). Even RC allowed at least one of Sonny's children to dislike him at a time.

What I don't get is why they are repeating the Parker storyline. They dealt with it already, so why the rinse and repeat? This is like Lisa Niles - where they did the exact same storyline over and over again because they had no other ideas. Why not give Kristina a real relationship since this is supposed to be a soap - allegedly (and allow her to be critical of Sonny - yes, I will forever want the denizens of this town to be allowed to hate or criticize Sonny, including Kristina, the person he nearly killed with a damn car bomb and who had risky spinal surgery because of it)? Maybe Brad and Lucas can be allowed out of the closet, too, so that we can get a reprieve from the boring mob storylines and get some new stories in General Hospital? 

Yeah, I know we are (unfortunately) going to be subjected to more of these boring stories where we all know nothing bad will happen to Sonny and Jason because the writers or the network (wrongly) assume that's all the fans want (because they're divorced from reality and anything resembling common sense), but I can dream. This show has gotten so boring that even the fun GH blogs seem to have given up on it, which is a real shame.

• Love 3

Did Parker say today that she meant to send Kristina a card or flowers in regards to Morgan's death? .. But, she did. She sent Kristina a sympathy card last November, which Kristina mentioned during the Davis Girls thanksgiving scenes.

It's still hilarious at how bad these writers are at remembering what they wrote.

• Love 8

Even as a non watcher, I find Parker/Kristina disturbing.

One: Parker had "authority" over Kristina as a professor.

Two: Even not watching, I know what Ashley Jones looks like and I know what Lexi Ainsworth looks like. Jones is supposed to have an older woman character, which is fine. But since Ainsworth still looks waaay younger than her real age, it's just this side of "ick", to me.

Three: Parker had already decided to go back to her wife, right? So what the hell is the point to any of this? Can't this show find someone close to Kristina's age, female or male? (I added both as she is classified as bisexual, I think.)

This is all just a big pile of "meh" topped by "no".

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Can't this show find someone close to Kristina's age, female or male? (I added both as she is classified as bisexual, I think.)

The actor who played her hetero love interest, Aaron, was somewhat older (about seven years), but was playing younger fairly successfully. But I think he is long gone.  

10 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Parker had already decided to go back to her wife, right? So what the hell is the point to any of this?

Kris asked her about that.  She said she and wife made up than broke up again, supposedly for good.   Well for good until the writers tire of it and send Parker back to her wife to try agiain.  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, teenj12 said:

Did Parker say today that she meant to send Kristina a card or flowers in regards to Morgan's death? .. But, she did. She sent Kristina a sympathy card last November, which Kristina mentioned during the Davis Girls thanksgiving scenes.

It's still hilarious at how bad these writers are at remembering what they wrote.

Oh wow, really?  Because yeah, she did send a card...signed by her AND her wife, which was an ice-cold move IMO.

• Love 3

Not sure which I hate more - Felicia's voice, her bad hair extensions, or Maxie's hedge clipper hairdo.

ETA: Or Finn's vocal fry. Or Amy 2.0's voice. But she has great hair. So there's that.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 3

Awww, warm fuzzies from the Anna/Felicia/Mac/Emma scenes about Baby Noah Robert.  Those started evaporating, though, when Felicia wandered into Ask Man Landers nonsense, Anna started talking about Valentin, and we found out the little kid love triangle with Spencer/Emma/now some rando is still in effect.

Shut up, Liz and Franco.  So what if Dr. O brought Mr. Rebecca Budig to town.  She didn't make Rebecca Budig run over a kid and leave her to die, agree to pay Mr. Rebecca Budig to take the rap for her, reneg on said payment, and then temporarily embezzle funds to pay him off.

• Love 4

Maxie being hell-bent on unmasking Man Landers for absolutely no good reason, adults squabbling in the halls of the hospital in a manner more befitting of children (finger pointing and name calling, really?), Franco and Liz cementing their gross love for the 95th time, and the romantic woes of a twelve year old: this is the dismal state of GH today.

They got me with Noah Robert Scorpio-Drake, though. That's a nice name.

• Love 7

I'm with Felicia: Why is Mac so freaked out about the sex in the park? He's totally overreacting. Anna is no prude. Neither is Mac, for that matter. 

"Now, do I strike you as a brother whose vanity can be exploited?" I'm glad Finn said yes, because I shouted it.

Ugh, shut up, Amy 2.0. 

5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Awww, warm fuzzies from the Anna/Felicia/Mac/Emma scenes about Baby Noah Robert. 

I also loved Mac shaking his fist at Emma and calling her a traitor for putting the kibosh on naming the baby Mac. That was adorable. 

Not adorable?

6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

the little kid love triangle with Spencer/Emma/now some rando is still in effect

Blech.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm with Felicia: Why is Mac so freaked out about the sex in the park? He's totally overreacting. Anna is no prude. Neither is Mac, for that matter. 

And wasn't it Mac's idea?  He was the one who was reading Ask Man Landers.

• Love 3

I hate the baby's name. No way should Noah get chosen over Mac. No way should Robert get chosen over Mac. It should have been Malcolm. Full stop.  This is an EASY decision.  It's not nearly as bad as Spencer, but it's just so THOUGHTLESS. Just UGH all around.

• Love 9