Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Scotty really isn't helping Julian's case.

Well, Scotty may be still reeling from the death of his beloved father...

...oh wait, that apparently happened in a plot bubble because it hasn't been mentioned since. #eyeroll

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Well, Bobbie's son-in-law was missing for the zillionth time ...

24 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Yes, Brad does tend to disappear for weeks or months at a time, I see how that's worrying. Oh, wait.

It took me until @dubbel zout's post to understand this becasue I literally forgot about Brad being Bobbie's son-in-law. LMAO!

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Are we sure Bobbie knows Lucas and Brad are married?

She was there, if memory serves.  She might have been distracted by all the stuff going that WASN'T about Lucas and Brad.

• Love 3

The whole Lee remembrance was just a disappointing joke. It felt like they filmed more and just dropped 98% of it. Even frickin Pretty Princess St. Sabrina got a damn memorial service. Did we even get a mention of a phone call from Audrey to Scott? Or from Kevin? Not even a goodbye scene with Scott/Lucy/Serena/Kevin? Or have Scott requesting a short continuous for the trial? Death of your father, a long time respected Port Charles attorney, should qualify. Maybe have some one sided, short calls from old friends? And a mysterious one to an unknown person. That person being a faked her death Karen Wexler. 

Honestly, what a disappointment. The way they talked it up, it was like they were going to show a hell of a lot more. And we ended up with one day of actual story.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Linny said:

Who gives a fuck about Kristina's eighteenth semester in college or anything to do with Parker? What a random thing to devote time to.

Don't judge me but I am hoping that since the actor who plays Julian is on the way out the door, and Parker may be on her way back in, Alexis could have an unexpected attraction with Parker and the two could have a wild and passionate affair that would make ever-judgmental Kristina's head explode.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Don't judge me but I am hoping that since the actor who plays Julian is on the way out the door, and Parker may be on her way back in, Alexis could have an unexpected attraction with Parker and the two could have a wild and passionate affair that would make ever-judgmental Kristina's head explode.

Ha! I would pay money to see that happen.

One would think that Kristina, of all of Alexis's spawn, would at least have a better understanding of the abusive relationship and the hold it has over Alexis. What with her own Kiefer issue. But nope. Kristina is Sonny's daughter, through and through now.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, stlbf said:

One would think that Kristina, of all of Alexis's spawn, would at least have a better understanding of the abusive relationship and the hold it has over Alexis. What with her own Kiefer issue. But nope. Kristina is Sonny's daughter, through and through now.

Up to and including blaming everyone in her eye line of being responsible for Morgan's death except dear old Daddy.   She is so obnoxious.  Can't she finish her 14th year of college at some out-of-state university?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, stlbf said:

The whole Lee remembrance was just a disappointing joke. It felt like they filmed more and just dropped 98% of it. Even frickin Pretty Princess St. Sabrina got a damn memorial service. Did we even get a mention of a phone call from Audrey to Scott? Or from Kevin? Not even a goodbye scene with Scott/Lucy/Serena/Kevin? Or have Scott requesting a short continuous for the trial? Death of your father, a long time respected Port Charles attorney, should qualify. Maybe have some one sided, short calls from old friends? And a mysterious one to an unknown person. That person being a faked her death Karen Wexler. 

Honestly, what a disappointment. The way they talked it up, it was like they were going to show a hell of a lot more. And we ended up with one day of actual story.

And given his talk about being a disappointment to Lee, about not being the lawyer he was, etc., you would think that would be affecting Scotty as he goes into a courtroom for the first time since Lee's death.  But nope, again, it's like Lee's death was wiped from his memory the minute that episode ended.  So shitty.

2 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

But then we'd get Sonny snarling at Alexis and everyone in sight about her betraying their daughter, never mind him cheating on one son's mother with one son's girlfriend IN A CRYPT.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Star Aristille said:
2 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Don't judge me but I am hoping that since the actor who plays Julian is on the way out the door,

I never heard anything about that.  William is leaving?

His last day was June 30 because he and GH couldn't reach a contract deal. HE said they left the door open for him to return in the short or long term but he is auditioning elsewhere, especially for nite TV. Or he might move to the DOOL soap because Ron Carlivati is their new head writer and recently attracted co-star Tyler Christopher, who played Nikolas Cassadine on GH to DOOL.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But then we'd get Sonny snarling at Alexis and everyone in sight about her betraying their daughter, never mind him cheating on one son's mother with one son's girlfriend IN A CRYPT.

The crypt of yet another son's biological father WHOM HE MURDERED.

• Love 10
On 8/10/2017 at 10:59 AM, dubbel zout said:

Sam and Jason and Sonny have been shown to be pretty close. It's only with this illness that Sam has realized that Jason working for Sonny is a bad idea. 

I'm pretty sure that pre-RC/FV,  Sam/Jason/Sonny was another Jason-centric triangle. Sam and Sonny haven't been close since their affair ended and whatever relationship they had left was torched between the SOS and the Kristina car-bomb incident. Sam helped out with Sonny related things because it was important to Jason, but I can't think of a pre-FV scene that showed a Sonny/Sam friendship.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Sam helped out with Sonny related things because it was important to Jason, but I can't think of a pre-FV scene that showed a Sonny/Sam friendship.

I agree we haven't really seen a Sonny/Sam friendship, but given the closeness of Jason and Sonny, and the lack of any hostility from Sam toward Sonny until recently, it's not a leap to think Sonny and Sam have warm feelings, IMO. Of all the idiotic and OOC stuff in this story, Sam's ILY to Sonny is the least of it for me.

On 8/11/2017 at 11:58 AM, dubbel zout said:

Of all the idiotic and OOC stuff in this story, Sam's ILY to Sonny is the least of it for me.

Ah. For me, I think it's one of the most idiotic and OOC things. I can't think of a single scene in the last decade that wouldn't make this Sam/Sonny declaration less jarring. From what I can remember, she seemed to view him in the same category as Carly - and that's another relationship that hasn't made sense in the past few years.

But the fact that Jasus "died" while running an errand for Sonny is not a thing that would have kindled "warm feelings", even if they had been there before. 

I dunno, I could see Sam freaking out because she didn't want to fight with Jason about trying to control his choices by murdering his best friend. Or freaking out because she tried to murder her little sister's father. That would be rooted in some kind of history, but the idea that she would spend any time at all tormented by the loss of her non-existent relationship with Sonny? Phbbbbbt

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

the idea that she would spend any time at all tormented by the loss of her non-existent relationship with Sonny?

Oh, the extreme emotion they're giving Sam about all of this is beyond ridiculous. (Especially when Sonny can barely contain his patronizing). But her saying "I love you" to Sonny (and she's obviously not using it in the romantic sense) I buy. *shrug* She's trying to apologize—the show is just going way overboard on how wrecked she is about what happened. 

Totally a case of mileage varying!

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

OMG, I cannot with the stupidity of this Sam/Sonny secret, with Carly dropping anvils about Sonny never lying to her again, blah blah blah.  If the show tries to do yet another Sonny/Carly mini-breakup, and over something so insanely stupid...

Wait, did I misunderstand something?  Did Dr. Michael Easton not know about Rebecca Budig being [Rebecca Budig's real name] the whole time?  But oh gawd, not a fan of Michael Easton man pain.  His yelling at her that there's no way he would relapse if she came to him with drama?  Dude, you've been sober for five minutes, you don't know what you'd do.  And the show having her denigrate the dead wife to give him a sad?  Yikers.

• Love 2

This was one horrible episode to see live.  My hatred of Sonny and FV continues to grow.

The only saving grace was watching Scottie. 

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny's right bicep.
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Why is Finn acting like Hayden actually being Rachel Berlin is brand new information? Shouldn't he have known that already?

ETA: He does know Rebecca Budig is Rachel Berlin; he was surprised to hear her use it. There's nothing contrived about that. /sarcasm

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

Someone save me from Sam's apology tour. It wasn't enough for her to apologize to Sonny, she's so overcome with grief she has to fall all over herself apologizing to Carly, too. I guess betraying Sonny is the ultimate sin, because Sam seems desperate to make atonement. It doesn't feel like she's apologizing for the shooting, it feels like she's apologizing for questioning Sonny's methods and finding him to be less than perfect and wonderful. It's such an unhealthy dynamic and I don't think it's believable for Sam to be so worshipful of Sonny.

Hayden bringing up Finn's dead wife was an awful thing to do. She's definitely not going out on a high note. 

The trial was a total snore. May I never have to hear another recitation of that stupid letter ever again.

I enjoyed watching Sonny's wheels slowly turn as he struggled to find lies to appease both Dante and Carly, and Dante seeing right through that lie was perfection. He's smart enough to know Sonny's never honest with the cops, not even his own son.

• Love 7

Finn was surprised hearing her use "Rachel" in a business capacity.  He should realize something is "off", as if the freakouts every five minutes aren't noticeable.  But she's preggers, so that explains her looney tunes. <rme>

• Love 1

"I hate being here. Aside from babies being born, every time I've been here it's because something terrible has happened." That's kinda how hospitals work, Carly. I get what she's saying, but as often the case with this fakakta show, the emphasis is on the wrong syllable. Don't blame the hospital; blame your idiot thug husband for doing things that put him in the hospital.

Everything else about this aside, there's no way Sam would go to the cops, confess, and insist on going to jail. She's not going to willingly be away from her kids. Is this supposed to reinforce how sick she is? It isn't enough to listen to her continually sob and beat herself up for having the gall to think maybe Sonny is bad news?

What's the reasoning for not telling Carly now that Sam was the one who shot Sonny? He said something about Sam taking the fall, but as long as the police don't know, what fall is there to take? I don't think Carly would insist Sam be arrested. She wouldn't do that to Jason.

20 minutes ago, Linny said:

I enjoyed watching Sonny's wheels slowly turn as he struggled to find lies to appease both Dante and Carly, and Dante seeing right through that lie was perfection. He's smart enough to know Sonny's never honest with the cops, not even his own son.

It cracked me up to hear Sonny self-righteously lecturing Dante about what happens when you bleed for 24 hours. It's not as if Dante has ever been shot and left for dead. Oh, wait.

26 minutes ago, Linny said:

Hayden bringing up Finn's dead wife was an awful thing to do. She's definitely not going out on a high note. 

When was the last time Finn ever mentioned his dead wife to Hayden? Reiko has not been a constant presence between them. Also, Rebecca Budig is quite the quitter. Maybe she shouldn't go out on a high note.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"I hate being here. Aside from babies being born, every time I've been here it's because something terrible has happened." That's kinda how hospitals work, Carly.

So I guess she doesn't stop by to take her mother or brother (or brother-in-law) out to lunch too often. 

Also, isn't the hospital where Sonny and Carly had their most recent wedding lol?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Happywatcher said:
4 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I'm so grateful that Nurse Amy has been off the screen for awhile now. Hope she never returns.

I would take her over this stupid trial

Ugh they're both so boring, just using up good time that could be spent on vets.

Speaking of vets, was that our beautiful Monica chewing off behinds of other Quartermaines who presume too much about their power around her house? I hope Olivia was in her sights. The woman is just too pushy and embarrassing and low class.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Wait, did I misunderstand something?  Did Dr. Michael Easton not know about Rebecca Budig being [Rebecca Budig's real name] the whole time?  But oh gawd, not a fan of Michael Easton man pain.  His yelling at her that there's no way he would relapse if she came to him with drama?  Dude, you've been sober for five minutes, you don't know what you'd do.  And the show having her denigrate the dead wife to give him a sad?  Yikers.

He did, he was just surprised she would use it again.

Rebecca Budig feeling like she can't measure up to his wife came out of the blue.

Kelly Monaco/Sam is so pretty. Of course, that's pretty much all I have to say about her, but I just note it because she looks better now to me than she ever has on the show.

1 hour ago, Linny said:

To be fair to Sonny, if he told Dante the truth he'd put him in a compromising position. Even more so than he already is.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Kelly Monaco/Sam is so pretty. Of course, that's pretty much all I have to say about her, but I just note it because she looks better now to me than she ever has on the show.

I fast forward that whole story, but I too have been struck lately by how pretty she is in these scenes. 

• Love 2

Minimal makeup really suits her.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

To be fair to Sonny, if he told Dante the truth he'd put him in a compromising position. Even more so than he already is.

Honest question: How would Dante be compromised? Garvey did shoot Sonny (and is now dead), and Sam is clearly temporarily impaired. This is one case where no legal action makes sense. It reminds me of Michael killing Claudia being self-defense, but the idiot troika decides to make things worse for Michael by lying about the whole thing when it was completely unnecessary.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Honest question: How would Dante be compromised? Garvey did shoot Sonny (and is now dead), and Sam is clearly temporarily impaired. This is one case where no legal action makes sense. It reminds me of Michael killing Claudia being self-defense, but the idiot troika decides to make things worse for Michael by lying about the whole thing when it was completely unnecessary.

I don't know, I was just speaking in general. 

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

4 hours ago, ulkis said:

That is why Michael went to prison.  The judge acknowledged the fact that Michael most likely killed Claudia in defense of another.  However, the idiot trio covered up the "crime" and destroyed evidence that could have cleared Michael of any wrongdoing. Michael went to prison because of what Carly, Sonny and Jason did.

• Love 7

At least there's one redeeming thing about this totally unnecessary lie.  The fact that Sam at least wants to tell the truth.  She actually was just on the cusp of doing so before Sonny and Jason arrived.

It still makes no sense why Sonny wouldn't at least tell Carly the truth.  She just made him promise to tell no more lies.  Yet here comes another.

• Love 5

This Sam secret is just so stupid.  She wouldn't so much as get a slap on the wrist the way justice is served in Port Charles, but all involved--Sonny, Jason, Sam--are acting like she'll get lethal injection if she ~confesses.  I can only guess the entire point is that Carly isn't being told, so she can blow a gasket at Sonny when she finds out, thus starting their fight/makeup/fight cycle all over again.  Joy.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:
18 hours ago, ulkis said:

I fast forward that whole story, but I too have been struck lately by how pretty she is in these scenes. 

Yowser are we talking about Sam in the hospital scenes blubbering to Jason? 'Cause if we are, I have to disagree politely. Her hair looks unwashed, disheveled, and sweaty. Her voice careens between moaning and screechy as a piano wire. And the sniveling! I just want someone to hand her a wad of Kleenex and say "Blow real hard honey.".

This week was pretty damn unwatchable. Not sure who I am more sick of: sheepish stuttering Alexis, frantic defensive Rachel, nagging harpy Carly, whiny Sam, grimmacing hero Sonny, judgy Auntie Stella --there are so many to choose from. 

And when did Griffin become Ava's BFF to the point he leaves his shift at the hospital to drive across town and give her a pep talk. Ridiculous. They still don't know what to do with the guy.

Bummed to read DOOL got Tyler!  :(

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

It still makes no sense why Sonny wouldn't at least tell Carly the truth.  She just made him promise to tell no more lies.  Yet here comes another.

I agree, there's zero reason for Sonny not to tell Carly the truth. This is just for the sake of contrived drama. But I find it nearly as ridiculous that Carly would believe any such promise. Come on, it's Sonny. There's always going to be another lie. That goes for Carly, too, come to think of it. You'd think by now these two would realize the reality of their relationship and how it works.

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I agree, there's zero reason for Sonny not to tell Carly the truth. This is just for the sake of contrived drama. But I find it nearly as ridiculous that Carly would believe any such promise. Come on, it's Sonny. There's always going to be another lie. That goes for Carly, too, come to think of it. You'd think by now these two would realize the reality of their relationship and how it works.

They did, but then JP and SA watered them (and everyone) down.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, TVbitch said:

This week was pretty damn unwatchable. Not sure who I am more sick of: sheepish stuttering Alexis, frantic defensive Rachel, nagging harpy Carly, whiny Sam, grimmacing hero Sonny, judgy Auntie Stella --there are so many to choose from. 

And when did Griffin become Ava's BFF to the point he leaves his shift at the hospital to drive across town and give her a pep talk. Ridiculous. They still don't know what to do with the guy.

Bummed to read DOOL got Tyler!  :(

Thanks for answering my question before I asked. I was on vacation and wondered if I should bother wasting 5 hours, seems like I should just read here, it's much more entertaining here anyway.