Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, stlbf said:

Therapy could do wonders for Spencer, Charlotte and Rocco. (the oddly blonde child of Dante)

It isn't like Spencer can get a room at the Metrocourt.

If could afford a plane ticket home he could probably afford a metro court room. I would think Carly would comp him anyway but who knows.

It's not that odd Rocco is blond, heh. DZ's eldest daughter with his brown eyed brunette wife has blue eyes and blonde hair.

• Love 3
(edited)

Not that I minded since I'm fine with anyone yelling at Sonny, but I prefer cute sweet Griffin who played with Jake rather than dour sour puss Griffin who's trying to get a career thug to see the error of his ways.  

It looks like a summer intern is filling in as the editor because there appears to be some missing scenes that didn't make it to the garbage that we are treated to each weekday.   [I love how 'General Hospital' link  is situated right below the 'Game of Thrones'  - the best and worst in my tv viewing].'  Between the writers attempting to justify 'good' mob vs. 'bad' mob (and the women who enable these vile thugs) and the  Amy 2.0* scenes, my fast-forwarding finger is going to get quite the work out this summer. 

* - Even the wallpaper in her apartment is gross. 

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

It's not that odd Rocco is blond, heh. DZ's eldest daughter with his brown eyed brunette wife has blue eyes and blonde hair.

Yea, I don't find it odd that Rocco is blonde. Now if Dante and Lulu were both blond and Rocco had brown hair that would be weird, but brown haired people with a blond haired kid isn't impossible.

1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

Amy 2.0* ...

* - Even the wallpaper in her apartment is gross. 

We've seen Amy's apartment? I do not recall this at all lol.

1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

It looks like a summer intern is filling in as the editor because there appears to be some missing scenes that didn't make it to the garbage that we are treated to each weekday.

I thought that too yesterday. It definitely felt like scenes had been edited out.

• Love 2

Today's previews showed Jason questioning the purpose of the knife that paranoid Sam brought to the bed last nite. I hope he takes it seriously and reads her the riot act for possibly exposing Danny to a dangerous situation. (Even her newborn could be in danger too if she puts the baby on the bed to change its diaper, etc.) Even though it is a knife rather than a firearm, I feel that Sam is endangering her children like those parents who leave loaded guns out where kids can get to them.

• Love 1

Did Epiphany have to cooperate with Ava's request to see her burn scars? Seems to me it was a poor idea, since the patient's spirits were bound to be affected in a negative way. Epiphany did point out that the wounds hadn't even been cleaned up yet. However, Ava just narrowly got through a crisis (her vitals crashed), and must be very weak. Burn patients benefit if their spirits are up and they are getting stronger mentally and physically. I think that Pip should have asked a doctor first to get permission before giving Ava a mirror.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Was Monday's show the "theological discussion" that was hyped in advance, and was supposed to have some of Maurice and Matt Cohen's best acting ever?

I was glad to see Griffin challenge Sonny's version of Catholic beliefs. I think Sonny never got thorough Catholic training since his father provided such poor and even traumatic parenting. Over the years Sonny's faith grew in misshapen directions as he flexed his survival instincts and adopted mob ethics. Somehow he has compartmentalized his religious faith so he feels he can practice it alongside his mob activities (like the Corleones did in The Godfather). For example, revenge is decidedly not a part of Christian/Catholic belief, but Sonny seems blind to the inconsistency. Forgiveness is another blind spot for Sonny.

According to spoilers,

Spoiler

Sonny is about to be taught a painful lesson in a new story arc.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

If could afford a plane ticket home he could probably afford a metro court room. I would think Carly would comp him anyway but who knows.

Spencer still cannot get a room anywhere. You need a credit card, ID and be over 21. Maybe even over 25 at some hotels.

But Dante is supposed to be the son of puerto rican/greek Sonny and dark haired italian Olivia. So I just find it odd that Dante has a really blonde kid. Casting has some odd ideas.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, stlbf said:

But Dante is supposed to be the son of puerto rican/greek Sonny and dark haired italian Olivia. So I just find it odd that Dante has a really blonde kid. Casting has some odd ideas.

They had to make the kids blonde so we'd all know they were baby-rabies' Lulu's.  

Today's previews showed Jason questioning the purpose of the knife that paranoid Sam brought to the bed last nite. I hope he takes it seriously and reads her the riot act for possibly exposing Danny to a dangerous situation. (Even her newborn could be in danger too if she puts the baby on the bed to change its diaper, etc.) 

No worries for last night, as both kids were, again, at the Q mansion.  Yes, Sam, two kids are a lot of work...if you actually ever had them around.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

Or Laura could afford it for him.  Isn't she in charge of his money?  I hope some adult is.

Thomas Millar, a psychiatrist, wrote a book called The Omnipotent Child.  Its thesis is that children push against limits in the hope that someone will push back.  The world is a very scary place, especially for a child, and in order to feel secure they need to feel that someone else is in charge, that as a child they don't need to be responsible for making sure good things happen and bad things don't hurt them and the people they care about.   Having an adult set boundaries and hold to them firmly is what children need and are unconsciously seeking.  (I'm not sure I'm expressing that well.)

As cute as the writers think Spencer coming back to protect Laura from Valentine and taking care of her by asking Kevin if his intentions are honourable, it's a very bad situation for young Spencer.

• Love 4
(edited)

With this fakakta show, it's the usual crap of trying to have it both ways. But of course the writers wouldn't know nuance if it knocked them unconscious. So we whiplash between Spencer is precocious so doesn't need as much supervision/discipline as most kids his age, and he's also the lonely orphan who just needs someone to care. Spare me.

Edited by dubbel zout
clarity
  • Love 5
(edited)

So your anger over Sonny murdering AJ was a "disagreement" over something that "wasn't black or white"?  Shut up, Michael, grow a spine and listen to your smarter younger sister.

I mentioned a while ago that I was over Bobbie bitching at Nelle, but I was firmly in her camp today.

How "exciting", now Sonny and Carly are talking about their relationship in an "exotic locale"! #alltheeyerolls

Poor Jennifer Bassey...

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11

I am appalled at Michael's claim that forgiving his siblings when they have disagreements is on par with forgiving Sonny for his numerous crimes. Because sibling squabbles are totally comparable with pesky little things like MURDER. Does Michael still run ELQ or does he solely function as Sonny's PR person?

My girl Joss is still fighting the good fight against Sonny. I'm well aware that this likely won't last for much longer, but I'm going to enjoy a good thing while I can.

I'm over Bobbie lambasting Nelle at every opportunity. Nelle is so boring these days it's just not worth it.

Carly knows every page in Sonny's playbook, and she knows it's going to work on her. She's so pathetic. 

• Love 20

Yesterday's show:  

I will tolerate the Sam SL, because it gives poor KeMo an actual story revolving around her character.  It would help if she would up the energy level. 

But if Sam thinks that her delicate little body is going to get between Jason and a bullett, she probably shouldn't sleep with her back to the door - which a true paranoid who constantly fears danger would never do.  And talk about bringing a knife to a gun fight. 

Today's show:

I'm beyond tired of human organ trafficking being described as "just wanting to save his daughter!  Anyone would do it!".

Sure Bobbie has cause, but I'm over her interactions with Nelle.  Bobbie is as hypocritical as Carly, who both did far more treacherous things in their youth.  Watching JZ struggle to contort her face into human expressions, and listening to that sarcastic baby voice has become rage-inducing.  Then she layed hands on Nelle - I wish Nelle had responded by snatching that red wig right off her head. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

How "exciting", now Sonny and Carly are talking about their relationship in an "exotic locale"! #alltheeyerolls

I bet they pulled that from when the show actually went on location to PR, what, 25 years ago? Heh.

What does it say when the Sonny/Carly story is the one that doesn't send me into a rage blackout?

6 minutes ago, Linny said:

I'm over Bobbie lambasting Nelle at every opportunity. Nelle is so boring these days it's just not worth it.

I know. Bobbie doesn't need to give Nelle a job at the diner, but why spend all that energy actively making her life difficult? Bobbie keeps saying she was a bad girl once so she knows one when she sees one, but Nelle is an amateur compared to Bobbie and Carly. Drugging aside, what Nelle did wasn't that terrible. She and Sonny didn't even have sex.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Bobbie keeps saying she was a bad girl once so she knows one when she sees one, but Nelle is an amateur compared to Bobbie and Carly.

I wish Nelle actually WAS a bad girl, but she was boring and vanilla even when she was scheming!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, stlbf said:

Spencer still cannot get a room anywhere.

Wasn't he in a hotel room, surrounded by candy wrappers when he "ran away" during his scheme with Bwitt?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I will tolerate the Sam SL, because it gives poor KeMo an actual story revolving around her character.  It would help if she would up the energy level. 

She seemed to be mumbling even more than usual today. I shouldn't have to turn on captioning to watch a soap when the characters are speaking my native language. 

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I bet they pulled that from when the show actually went on location to PR, what, 25 years ago? Heh.

My irritation increased when Carly talked about how the family used to visit PR several times a year. It's too bad that we never saw them there or heard it mentioned before. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, rur said:

My irritation increased when Carly talked about how the family used to visit PR several times a year. It's too bad that we never saw them there or heard it mentioned before. 

That's where Morgan wrote in his journal and made gingerbread houses.

• Love 13
(edited)

Sonny took the kids to "the island" a lot when they were younger. We didn't really see it as a location unless he was trying to get his latest sidepiece into bed, though.

I think that set probably was a victim of budget cuts more than anything else.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I know. Bobbie doesn't need to give Nelle a job at the diner, but why spend all that energy actively making her life difficult? Bobbie keeps saying she was a bad girl once so she knows one when she sees one, but Nelle is an amateur compared to Bobbie and Carly. Drugging aside, what Nelle did wasn't that terrible. She and Sonny didn't even have sex.

And the reason Sonny and Carly were so quick to believe that he had slept with Nelle was because he'd done it before and Carly had stolen her mother's husband to punish her.  If this were a better show, I'd say that Sonny, Carly and Bobby are so angry because they're projecting their own sins on to Nelle.  But it's not and so it's all for drahmah.

I liked Julian's nonchalant "well, I told you, I don't care what you do with it" to Jason.  Minimal Sonny-saving.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I liked Jiulian's nonchalant "well, I told you, I don't care what you do with it" to Jason.  Minimal Sonny-saving.

I'm kind of shocked they've kept Julian's "whatever" attitude (or maybe that's WdV). It's my favorite thing about him.

• Love 6

Why was Nelle wearing a bracelet that looked like a child's toy? That being said though, she looked nice today. Although I was really struck by how much she looks like Michael. I usually fast forward their scenes so I don't notice it as much, but they really do look like twins. I think Nelle is boring as hell and Nina can be ott, but I kinda like the friendship that's developing between them. I think I'm just desperate for female friendships and any story that doesn't involve Sonny.

Micahel can fuck off and die any time now. Pointless character. The Joss actress gives great eye roll.

I sorta kinda didn't hate the Man Landers stuff today. Again, I am really just desperate for any non-Sonny/Carly/Jason/Sam related stories.

Speaking of the aforementioned foursome, I skipped all their scenes today.

Ew at even Julian having to believe Sonny is an honorable mob boss. Get the fuck out with this shit already.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

So your anger over Sonny murdering AJ was a "disagreement" over something that "wasn't black or white"?  Shut up, Michael, grow a spine and listen to your smarter younger sister.

3 hours ago, Linny said:

I am appalled at Michael's claim that forgiving his siblings when they have disagreements is on par with forgiving Sonny for his numerous crimes. Because sibling squabbles are totally comparable with pesky little things like MURDER. Does Michael still run ELQ or does he solely function as Sonny's PR person?

Yeah.  Michael totally made me stabby and ragey today.  Bad form, Michael.  Bad form.

• Love 12

Jason:  What are you doing with that knife?

SAm:  I found it on the table.

Jason: Oh did I bring that out here?

Me:  Because you'd forget bringing out a giant ass knife five minutes ago?

• Love 11
6 hours ago, rur said:

Carly talked about how the family used to visit PR several times a year.

They went there to hide every time their lives were threatened.  So yes, it was several times a year, but rarely for more than 24 hours.

I think they missed the boat not making Nelle Nina's relative.  I thought they looked much alike with Nellie's lighter hair.

• Love 2

The good today:

- Carly's dress.

- Joss's eyerolls

- Jennifer Bassey's amazing silver hair.

- Julian's 'whatever' attitude.  WdV played that perfectly.

The bad:

- Shut up, Bobbie.  We get it: you were a bad girl so you are now allowed to reap judgement on every 'bad girl' that crosses your path.  Also, Michael is NOTHING like you and Carly.  If he jaywalked he'd probably turn himself in to Dante, so yeah, shut up.

- Fucking Sonny is the biggest slimeball.  The whole PR ruse is just pathetic.  He's coming off as a dirty old desperate man.

Also, this isn't really a today thing, but my hugely unpopular opinion is I mostly like Nina.  I'm not even sure I can articulate why, but there you have it. 

• Love 7

Laughing at vintage Carly, who spitefully uses the excuse of a free surprise vacay in gorgeous Puerto Rico to start fishwife yelling at Sonny, accusing him of a seduction scene. Followed by her crestfallen look when he shrugs and walks away, "whatevah." Vintage Sonny when he suggests a walk on the beach, probably assuming they can drop and have spontaneous sex in the surf so she can't complain.

The irony is that even though Julian turned down the other mob's invitation to hit Sonny, and the turndown was in a public place witnessed by Alexis and then confirmed to Jason and Sam by Julian himself, Sonny will immediately assume that any personal unpleasantness and violence has Julian Jerome behind it. For example, Julian would be doing Ava's dirty work or getting revenge for her pain while she's a crispy critter.

• Love 3

I really hate this Ava being burned over more than 50% of her body storyline.  What did the actress do to piss off the network and showrunners to do this to her?  What makes Ava great is her style and her no holds barred attitude.  Having her mess with Morgan's pills was stupid.  But this is her next chapter?  Why isn't Sonny 100%  burned then?  Or Jason? Or Franco?  It is ridiculous.  And they have destroyed a character I really enjoyed watching.  I am ff'ing through all burn scenes.  I don't watch soaps to be horrified.  I watch other shows for that.

• Love 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, bannana said:

I really hate this Ava being burned over more than 50% of her body storyline.  What did the actress do to piss off the network and showrunners to do this to her?  What makes Ava great is her style and her no holds barred attitude.  Having her mess with Morgan's pills was stupid.  But this is her next chapter?  Why isn't Sonny 100%  burned then?  Or Jason? Or Franco?  It is ridiculous.  And they have destroyed a character I really enjoyed watching.  I am ff'ing through all burn scenes.  I don't watch soaps to be horrified.  I watch other shows for that.

I agree 100%. I was wondering if anyone else felt this way.  I can't even look at Ava's burnt face without wincing. And no matter what the character has done, I don't need to hear her scream in horror as she looks at herself in the mirror. I'm sure Pip is a great nurse and all, but why wasn't there a specially trained counselor present to help Ava cope with the trauma of such a reveal?  

On other fronts, that conversation between Michael and Josslyn was ridiculous. What were the writers thinking?  And where was Michael's brain?  Talk about having your head up your ass! Here's how it could have gone:

JOSS:  Can you believe this? Mom is getting back together with Sonny! 

MICHAEL:  And that's a bad thing?

JOSS:  I hate Sonny!  Just look at what he did to my father!

MICHAEL:  How's that again?

JOSS:  Deported!  He had my father deported.

MICHAEL:  Oh, right...yeah.  But you can work around a little thing like that.

JOSS:  How am I supposed to "work around" it?

MICHAEL:  Oh, believe me.  It can be done.  I've forgiven him for much worse.  Remember what he did to MY father?

JOSS:  Your father?  What are you talking about?  Sonny is your father.  

MICHAEL:  No, I'm talking about my bio dad.  AJ.  AJ Quartermaine. The guy Sonny shot.

JOSS:  Oh, AJ. Yeah, that slipped my mind. I guess that was bad, too.

MICHAEL:  I'll say.

JOSS:  But, come on! Sonny had my dad deported.  And he isn't even fat!  

Edited by BlueberryJane23
because
  • Love 11
(edited)

They didn't show Amy's apartment.

I must have fast-forwarded too quickly but there was a tiny room with a brick wall and some wallpaper/paint with a greenish sheen (it looked like an apartment but i guess it could have been at Kelly's or Perks or at Maxi's place) where Tree and Amy 2.0 were having coffee.    I tried finding out where that scene was (as I watched a week's worth of episodes at once) and came upon an interview with the actress who portrays Amy 2.0.  She has been on the show for over a year and this year's nurses ball was the first time that she met Maurice.  Whoever cast Amy 2.0 failed.   She is rapidly approaching  near the Rafe/Levi levels of annoyance.  YMMV.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 1

Wwhy is Jason's suit jacket under Sam's pillow in their bed? Seems an odd place to put one's clothing and I couldn't miss it because every time the camera zoomed in on her with the stupid knife, all I could see was the sleeve of his jacket!

18 hours ago, ciarra said:

Wasn't he in a hotel room, surrounded by candy wrappers when he "ran away" during his scheme with Bwitt?

Yes, he was. IRL he couldn't get a hotel room, but in GH-land, he can and does.

12 hours ago, ciarra said:

I think they missed the boat not making Nelle Nina's relative.  I thought they looked much alike with Nellie's lighter hair.

They could still make her a relative of Nina's. They love nothing more than they love a retcon.

9 hours ago, bannana said:

+1

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The good today:

- Carly's dress.

- Joss's eyerolls

- Jennifer Bassey's amazing silver hair.

- Julian's 'whatever' attitude.  WdV played that perfectly.

The bad:

- Shut up, Bobbie.  We get it: you were a bad girl so you are now allowed to reap judgement on every 'bad girl' that crosses your path.  Also, Michael is NOTHING like you and Carly.  If he jaywalked he'd probably turn himself in to Dante, so yeah, shut up.

- Fucking Sonny is the biggest slimeball.  The whole PR ruse is just pathetic.  He's coming off as a dirty old desperate man.

Also, this isn't really a today thing, but my hugely unpopular opinion is I mostly like Nina.  I'm not even sure I can articulate why, but there you have it. 

All of this.

I have to admit I almost laughed when Carly ran down the list we know so well, dinner, new dress, beating the house when gambling, walking on the beach... as dubble zout mentioned above, it did look like they dragged out the footage from the location shoot in PR but all that did was make me think of Brenda. And speaking of gambling, they sure dropped the ball on Morgan's gambling problem when he first rolled back into town with Kiki since his father owns casinos, but we can't have MB I mean Sonny responsible for anything. I'm still furious they washed his hands of any blame for Julian's car exploding because he called off the hit ya know. How much longer are they going to push Sonny as a romantic hero? He's disgusting and I really wish one of his many conquests would tell the truth and admit Sonny has a tiny penis and is really bad in bed. His Napoleon complex seems to be getting worse by the scene.

Joss is quickly becoming my favorite which means they're going to fuck it up and she's going to forgive Sonny, she is the Queen of Eyerolls. I was disappointed in Michael once again forgetting Sonny killed his Father.

I'm also loving WdV's "I'm just sayin" attitude, I know he's the evilest evil in Port Charles but I don't care, if Sonny doesn't like someone I automatically take their side.

And pull up a chair because I'm liking Nina more and more and I have no idea when or how this happened but she's growing on me.

Also, Bobbie, stfu with your judgy self, I'm not a huge fan of Nell but the more Carly and company hate on her, the more I want Nell to win, just not with Michael.

Maxie, hurry up and come back, this Nathan/Amy crap is the worst. And stop rewriting Maxie's high school years, if anyone was bullied it was Maxie with that stupid tape slapped all over the internet.

Sonny sucks.

• Love 16
54 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

And pull up a chair because I'm liking Nina more and more and I have no idea when or how this happened but she's growing on me.

For one thing, MS has stopped with the baby voice. That goes a long way with me. I think they're also, finally, giving Nina some agency in her own life. That also goes a long way with me.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I really hate this Ava being burned over more than 50% of her body storyline.  What did the actress do to piss off the network and showrunners to do this to her?  What makes Ava great is her style and her no holds barred attitude.

Yes it was a poor move by the show because Ava is always good to look at and she dresses with style and panache. She fondles drink glasses well too. Now she's practically a non-human alien with one eye, as if she is in that insect phase where they pupate. Of course the Show is making an example of her so that the clueless ones in the audience don't substitute medications for others. But this punishment stinks, especially since not one blond hair was harmed on Carly's head.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

This x 100.

The way he was delivering his lines yesterday didn't make him sound romantic or even playful. He just sounded skeevy. 

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, rur said:

The way he was delivering his lines yesterday didn't make him sound romantic or even playful. He just sounded skeevy.

He really did. And then the way he took off his jacket in a sort of aggressive way (don't know how else to describe it) gave me the creeps.

• Love 10

Ugh....fucking Alexis and Carly....I hate how they are playing the little women AGAIN. Carly seriously sonny is so transparent he would be see through if he wasn't so orange..and what are Alexis and Julian going to get back together and she's going to get all smug and OF COURSE he's going to go back to the life because THATS WHAT HE DOES. And Carly apologizing for thinking the worst of Sonny!!  Why would she think anything BUT the worst??

Michael telling Joss that they can have "disagreements" but still love each other--Michael a disagreement is you want pizza for dinner and I want sushi...not you killed my father in cold blood and deported Joss' dad. Do you guys remember when Michael was so awesome for like a minute??  I wish o had taped those episodes. 

Bobbie is being such a dick, with what her family members have pulled and her own past she has no room to judge anyone!  I wish she would get her own life, it's pathetic. Nelle is actually too good for Michael and I can't stand her .

Jennifer Bassey is awesome and looks fantastic!  Loved seeing her!

• Love 13

We know Jason's never leaving the Sonny/mob sphere, did we really need scenes of him sneering at a job with ELQ that he's ridiculously unqualified for?  At least Sam got to express some anger about him wanting to keep taking bullets for Sonny, though of course she had to immediately apologize.  Ugh.

Blah blah Sonny blah blah Carly blah blah island blah blah reminiscing about their relationship blah blah we've heard all this shit before blah blah BLAH.

My poor Kevin, stuck in Spencer's storyline.

• Love 14

STFU, Nelle. You were Charlotte's nanny for all of two weeks and partially responsible for her not getting picked up from school that day. No one cares that you think Nina should push for a spot in Charlotte's life still. Lulu AND Charlotte's comfort level is important and miracle of miracles, Nina understood that. No one is saying Nina can't ever see Charlotte, just not in the same way and not unannounced.

Kevin knows French! Swoon <3

• Love 7