Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I was trying to remember what happened on yesterday's episode and there is only one thing I remembered, Joss is awesome. She's one of the few untainted by Sonny or Jason's sperm and any Kool-Aid she drank in the past has left her system.  I'm officially on the Joss train, I just hope she keeps driving that train over Sonny. While he's with Spencer.

Joss is us and we are Joss. Stay strong Joss, we're all right there with you.

• Love 12

I loved Joss today.  Stay strong, Joss.  Keep your Sonny hate. 

This sounds familiar, like deja vu.  Where have I heard it before?  Oh, I know! It's what I kept saying to Michael but alas, he did not stay strong and he did not keep his Sonny hate.   That was pretty much the last straw for me and I gave up the show (but never this board).  It would be fantastic if Joss hated Sonny forever but I don't hold out much hope that it will happen. 

• Love 5

The one thing in Joss's favor is that she's not his daughter. That might buy her some time. I expect she'll eventually cave—everyone does; Sonny has to be loved and adored by all—but maybe she'll be able to keep some amount of scorn for him. 

• Love 15
10 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Previews: Tomorrow looks sinfully boring, but at least Sam finally woke up.

Sorry to quote myself, but it looks like ABC agrees with my assessment. It's so boring that they're pre-empting it for Senate hearings. No show today.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It's nice not to hear the grating phrase "Uncle Sonny" but Sonny hate has been performed and written much better than Joss'.

Yea really. I can barely get excited about it because it's so flat and I don't find the actress that interesting to watch. But I mean any Sonny hate is my jam, but this is just boring, like everything else on the show.

• Love 1
(edited)

If they were gonna give Joss a story, they should have hired another actress, instead of using one who was hired when they didn't have anything especial lined up for her.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Eden McCoy is really good physical casting for the daughter of Carly and Jax, and I think she's a pretty good actor, too. Sometimes she takes a bit to warm up in a scene (i.e., lose the stiffness), but I expect that's because of experience and the shooting pace.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Didn't they basically hire her for the Nurse's Ball? Wasn't she's a singer on some Disney show or something?

No she was never even on Disney.  I don't think she was hired for anything but them needing to fill the role.

On 6/10/2017 at 10:47 PM, statsgirl said:

It can't be that hard to come up with a good storyline for the summertime.  You just have to be willing to more beyond making Sonny/Carly/Jason/Sam the point of the show and write for other characters.

On 6/11/2017 at 0:22 PM, Jazzy24 said:

Why does Sam get lumped in with these three? 

Because Saint Sam the Eternally Perfect is being pushed as one of the four lead characters of the show.  I have to say, I was mad as hell over what the Big Stupid Jason Lie did to the character of Liz, but it ultimately turns out to have damaged Sam more.  It turned her into a cardboard saint, a a paragon of goodness (as compared to that Awful Nasty Liz) and an utter snore.  And now she's in a corner unable to drive story because people who drive story have flaws, and Sam is too perfect to have any flaws.  

On 6/12/2017 at 0:52 PM, ulkis said:

He's not even smiling there?

On 6/12/2017 at 1:05 PM, tvgoddess said:

Talk about tone deaf marketing.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this turned out to be the PR departments half-assed attenmpt to lean in on the Sonny hate. 

• Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

I have to say, I was mad as hell over what the Big Stupid Jason Lie did to the character of Liz, but it ultimately turns out to have damaged Sam more.  It turned her into a cardboard saint, a a paragon of goodness (as compared to that Awful Nasty Liz) and an utter snore.  And now she's in a corner unable to drive story because people who drive story have flaws, and Sam is too perfect to have any flaws.

That story was pointless and horrible for so many reasons, but maybe worst of which is that it has had really no long term consequences. Sure, Liz was a villain at the time (I guess. IMO she needed to be portrayed as more Awful Nasty Liz at the time then she was.), but now it's not like anyone gives a shit. Not even Sam gets to hate her anymore. Which brings me to the fact that, like you said, that story turned Sam into such a bland, lifeless character. So they ruined two characters for nothing. Great job as usual, writers!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
(edited)

It is inexcusable to me how boring Sonny and Carly's relationship is, with all the mini-breakups and maybe-reunions and having to watch them stand in one of their houses and hash through it over and over and over and OVER again.

Oh gawd, now Amy 2.0 has some random higher-up or family member she's working with or answering to?  And she is so annoying, Nathan doesn't owe her shit!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
(edited)

Is this Anna that they are ruining to prop Valentin or is this Alex? She was so insistent that Lulu allow Charlotte to watch the goodbye video that said he would be back for Charlotte someday and I won't lie, that bothered me.

Andre continues to disappoint as a shrink and make me angry that his airtime isn't going to Kevin.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 6

Sam's new battle with anxiety/PPD has barely started and I'm already over it. There's zero subtlety, just her jumping immediately into extreme paranoia and hallucinations. They shouldn't bother tackling a serious condition if they're going to approach it with all the grace of stampeding cattle.

Someone needs to get Charlotte to see Andre, because the poor kid has been through some incredible life changes over the past year. But hey, she learned to make s'mores!

"Forget about Ava," Sonny says as he gropes Carly, "forget about Ava because my dick needs some attention now." "We're not good at being married," Carly reminds Sonny, "and we know this because we're idiots who have been through this five times before." They are the WORST. 

• Love 9

Well, I predicted Carly would forget and forgive what Sonny did to Jax and that she'd give him back his holdings by the end of the month.  I was off by two weeks.  I'm clearly losing my touch on how bad these writers really are.  

Hate the Amy story and whatever nonsense reason she will now have to rope Nathan into her shenanigans.  

I want Liz to figure out what's wrong with Sam.  

Kudos to MSt for Nina's scene with Charlotte.  

• Love 7
(edited)

Are Carly and Sonny gonna just seriously always talk about how awful Ava is until this show is cancelled? Since Ava's staying, it's going to be beyond tiresome, as tiresome as the cops/latest rival saying they're going to bring Sonny down.

Did Jason call Spinelli "brother"? And did he CHUCKLE when he told Sam he's always careful? I have to wonder if part of the reason he barely shares scenes anymore with Michael is they look more like brothers.

BH did a good job in the scene where she was hallucination Liz.

I wish ER had played that scene more angry and less cry-y when she was asking Anna if Valentin wasn't going away after all because Charlotte was settling in, etc etc. And then there was Anna again getting all misty over Valentin. And Sam getting all teary eyed when staring at Liz. I know the ladies are on GH but come on.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

It is inexcusable to me how boring Sonny and Carly's relationship is, with all the mini-breakups and maybe-reunions and having to watch them stand in one of their houses and hash through it over and over and over and OVER again.

Oh gawd, now Amy 2.0 has some random higher-up or family member she's working with or answering to?  And she is so annoying, Nathan doesn't owe her shit!

That was annoying. He's not being a good guy by rewarding her spoiled, bratty behavior.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Is this Anna that they are ruining to prop Valentin or is this Alex? She was so insistent that Lulu allow Charlotte to watch the goodbye video that said he would be back for Charlotte someday.

I don't know why Lulu was such a pill about it. She could have asked to see the video before Charlotte did if she were so concerned about it. I'm a bit shocked Lulu let Nina give Charlotte the dress in person. 

I knew Spinelli would return, but it was very abrupt to see him with Sonny as if it were an everyday thing. Where are Spin and Jason meeting? Why is it an abandoned space with suspiciously efficient Wifi?

44 minutes ago, Linny said:

Sam's new battle with anxiety/PPD has barely started and I'm already over it. There's zero subtlety, just her jumping immediately into extreme paranoia and hallucinations.

Ugh, it's so terrible. And it's so stupid that Sam doesn't say anything to Jason about how she's feeling.

I love the idea of Elizabeth figuring out what's going on with Sam. But that would mean Elizabeth is actually doing something active. 

I really liked Carly's dress. I had to laugh when Carly was going on about Joss being mad that Carly and Sonny were getting back together because she saw them kissing. No, she's mad they're getting back together because Sonny got her father deported.

2 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Hate the Amy story and whatever nonsense reason she will now have to rope Nathan into her shenanigans.

She sucks. I don't care if she needs the money for a sick relative or whatever. How about asking for a loan?

LOL at André's word association game being all about what André thinks.

4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Are Carly and Sonny gonna just seriously always talk about how awful Ava is until this show is cancelled? Since Ava's staying, it's going to be beyond tiresome, as tiresome as the cops/latest rival saying they're going to bring Sonny down.

Ava is Eva Braun, Madame Mao, and Bloody Mary all in one.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I knew Spinelli would return, but it was very abrupt to see him with Sonny as if it were an everyday thing.

I, meanwhile, thought Carly's effusive greeting of him was a little much.

13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Where are Spin and Jason meeting? Why is it an abandoned space with suspiciously efficient Wifi?

I think (I THINK) that was the place Jason was living in when he was Jake Doe before he moved back in with Sam.  It looked vaguely familiar.  But don't quote me on that!

15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

But that would mean Elizabeth is actually doing something active. 

I thought that I read that Franco will be away for a little bit because this was during the time they were renegotiating RoHo's contract, so it would give LIz something intelligent to do.  Eh, who am I kidding, she's a wimmin with wimmin parts, she won't be allowed to figure anything out.  I'm sure Sonny will though.  

12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I knew Spinelli would return, but it was very abrupt to see him with Sonny as if it were an everyday thing.

For me, they came right out of the commercial with him and Sonny standing there and I thought I had missed something, and rewound.  But nope, no explanation.  

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I, meanwhile, thought Carly's effusive greeting of him was a little much.

Yeah, I thought that too.

@dubbel zout , Spinelli and Jason were in that barn apartment Jason lived in for two seconds. Whether it's still meant to be his with the furniture out or another place though, I don't know.

(edited)

That's the barn apartment? LOL.

17 minutes ago, Perkie said:
29 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

For me, they came right out of the commercial with him and Sonny standing there and I thought I had missed something, and rewound.  But nope, no explanation.  

I rewound, too! I read in the spoiler thread about Spin returning, but I thought his entrance would be a little more elegant. It was likely cut so that we could listen to Carly and Sonny getting angry that Ava was improving instead of declining.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I was trying to make sense of her story today.  First (or second?) she was having feels because she had an unrequited crush on Dylan in high school, then (or was it first?) she had hatred for Maxie because of high school mean-girlness, so she stole a picture of Maxie and Nathan from their apartment and destroyed it because of her Maxie hatred . . . but now, months later we discover that she kept the Nathan part of the picture and is using for the column she's writing under a male pseudonym because, apparently she needs the money (probably for an operation for one of her many brothers that Nathan mentioned for the first time today).

And . . . we should care because? 

ETA: Am I the only one who thought Spinelli's hair looked dirty and greasy? 

Edited by rur
  • Love 5

Seriously.  She's a fucking nurse.  If her relative needs medical care, I'm sure she could have worked something out with the hospital.  But instead, she launched a blog hoping it would lead to a book deal?  Whaaa?

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

but it was cut so that we could listen to Carly and Sonny getting angry that Ava was improving instead of declining.

Today on Paraphrase Hospital:

Carly:  Can you beleive that bitch might actually live.  LIVE Sonny.  

Sonny:  Don't worry, she'll die one way or the other, if you get my drift.  Now, all this talk of Ava dying is getting me horny.  Let me stick my tongue down your throat.

Carly:  Oh you silly man you.  Remember that time you had my daughter's father deported, never to be allowed in the country.  But it's totes cool, cuz I would have totally done the same if it was Brenda.  

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

She's a fucking nurse.  If her relative needs medical care, I'm sure she could have worked something out with the hospital. But instead, she launched a blog hoping it would lead to a book deal?  Whaaa?

Not at GH. Remember how Elizabeth and Lucky had health insurance problems even though she worked at GH and he was a cop? Besides, we all know how easy it is for bloggers to get giant book deals. Amy made the obvious choice here.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Linny said:

Sam's new battle with anxiety/PPD has barely started and I'm already over it. There's zero subtlety, just her jumping immediately into extreme paranoia and hallucinations. They shouldn't bother tackling a serious condition if they're going to approach it with all the grace of stampeding cattle.

Someone needs to get Charlotte to see Andre, because the poor kid has been through some incredible life changes over the past year. But hey, she learned to make s'mores!

"Forget about Ava," Sonny says as he gropes Carly, "forget about Ava because my dick needs some attention now." "We're not good at being married," Carly reminds Sonny, "and we know this because we're idiots who have been through this five times before." They are the WORST. 

Hold up.  Getting shot, being strapped to a bomb, thinking her baby died, thinking her robot died, hearing Patrick sing, being stalked brought no anxiety to Sam.... but this kid does?  

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Me too. I know I've complained about how stupid I find it that Sam acts chummy towards Liz nowadays, but I actually liked their scenes today. But Liz figuring out what's wrong with Sam would potentially be an interesting story so it will never happen.

1 hour ago, rur said:

Am I the only one who thought Spinelli's hair looked dirty and greasy? 

Spinelli himself always looks dirty and greasy to me.

Anna crying over Valentin and acting as if he doesn't deserve to be punished fills me with almost as much rage as any Sonny scene does.

I loved the Nina/Charlotte scenes. The Charlotte actress is great and MSt has been doing good work for awhile now imo.

ETA: Oh, I rolled my eyes so hard when Amy was getting teary over what I assume is a sick relative needing money. Fuck off with that, writers!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

Why can't Sam be more specific about her hallucinations and lack of sleep with Jason? Why can't she insist that he stay around to help her since he does not have a job and his investigating is making Sam even more nervous? Why won't Sam discuss her hallucinations with Kevin or her OB/GYN?

• Love 3
(edited)

What was with Anna's* crying and guilt-tripping Lulu into showing Charlotte the video? It made me uncomfortable.

*Are we supposed to still be wondering if this is Anna or Alex whenever Finola is in a scene?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 3

Anna/Alex was completely inappropriate with her pressure on Lulu to let Charlotte see the video. Maybe it has some secret messages in French on it? Anna should just butt out. She is not related to Charlotte and she has no jurisdiction over raising Charlotte. Lulu has everything to lose by agreeing to Anna's request.

• Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Anna/Alex was completely inappropriate with her pressure on Lulu to let Charlotte see the video. Maybe it has some secret messages in French on it? Anna should just butt out. She is not related to Charlotte and she has no jurisdiction over raising Charlotte. Lulu has everything to lose by agreeing to Anna's request.

Did Lulu at least watch the video message herself first to make sure there was nothing inappropriate in the message or triggering for Charlotte? I would have been irritated enough if it was Nina pushing the issue and she doesn't have firsthand knowledge of what is on the video and actually does have an interest in what is best for Charlotte. Anna, who has no relation to Charlotte and seemed to be pushing the video purely as a pro-Valentin cheerleader, bothered me. Lulu is Charlotte's mother, is now raising the child and has every right to show Charlotte the video when she sees fit.

Anna was out of line to call Lulu judgmental and bring up Luke, and give her the side-eye and insinuate she wasn't thinking of Charlotte. How dare Lulu be judgmental of the man that murdered her brother and shot her mother's boyfriend and kept her daughter away from her, not to mention just last week endangered Charlotte and a room full of people with a biotoxin and almost got across the border with her?!

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm supposed find it okay because she needs money for a sick relative I've never seen or heard of?

But her relative was probably mowed down by a drunk driver while on the way to help out at the local soup kitchen.  Maybe it was her sassy aunt, since everyone on the show seems to have one now. Cliche hospital.

• Love 3

Lulu is living in her baby rabies dream world if she thinks Charlotte is just fine and doesn't miss her father.  No, dimwit, pretending Valentin didn't exist isn't best for "my daughter, my daughter."  She should be in therapy and allowed to grieve not having the parent who has been her constant there any more.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, yowsah1 said:
8 hours ago, Perkie said:

That would require the writers actually bothering to give a shit about Liz.

I don't understand how that story would involve Franco

• Love 5
5 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Also, if Anna/Alex was so desperate to have Lulu show Charlotte the video because it was "so sweet", why would she think it appropriate to tell Charlotte's mother, who is and always has been rightly wary of Valentin's respect to her position as mother, that Valentin says in the video that he will be back for his daughter one day?

• Love 2

"In light of today's events, some viewers may find certain scenes disturbing."

Sorry, Show, but we always consider Sonnypropping and Carly going back to Sonny and forgiving him to be disturbing.

• Love 19