Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Just now, TeeVee329 said:

What she should be doing is throwing Franco and Kiki out of the apartment SHE bought.

Did she actually buy it though?  Wasn't it Silas' and she just inherited it after he died?  

Just now, LexieLily said:

Kiki still lives there?

Yep, as does Franco.  

I think so?  We haven't heard anything otherwise.  But I guess Franco and Liz talked about (barf) moving in together.

Perkie, it is Silas' old apartment, but Franco talked Nina into buying it so Kiki had a place to live since Silas' assets were tied up.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I think only Griffin who found out via the tampered drug test and now Laura.  

Was it just me or did Curtis's place look a lot like Sabrina/Felix' old place, right down to the same coloured walls?

It is their place, a little re-done.

6 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I thought poor Cameron again drew the short end of the stick. He isn't on that often, and I thought, oh how nice, he's going to get to spend time with his aunt. That would have been enough.

So over Finn and Obrecht and urine tests. Kathleen Gati might consider herself fortunate to have squeezed five years and counting out of a temp villainness who could (should?) have been gone in 2014, but it's a thankless role, isn't it? At this point she isn't even sharing scenes with Franco or her kids anymore. It's all about her poorly motivated animosity toward the new infectious disease guy.   

It's hard to get excited about Cam spending time with a family member when the audience didn't even get a scene beforehand with his mother telling him 'that woman who used to live at Wyndemere with Uncle Nikolas and Spencer is actually my sister, my father's daughter." The audience would be right to expect Cam's response to the "aunt" line to be "What? You're not Aunt Sarah! And also Uncle Nikolas is dead, so you're not my aunt anymore."

As for Gati, not feeling sorry for her. She still gets more screen time than really talented vets like York (Mac) and until recently, Elliot (Tracy) who have helped carry major storylines in the past. Since Kim McC left to pursue film, York is lucky to get even a few minutes of screen time with her during her returns, and we very rarely see York acting for more than a moment or two here and there with KSt's Maxie. York and Rogers or Hughes should have had a showdown scene with Gati for the torture of Robin (and Robert's coma), but of course the soulless characters on this show get away with everything. It's disgusting that she's  allowed in that hospital in any sort of staff position, I'm definitely glad Obrecht does not have scenes with Franco; I certainly don't want to ever hear again that *Liz* is not good enough for him.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Perkie, it is Silas' old apartment, but Franco talked Nina into buying it so Kiki had a place to live since Silas' assets were tied up

Silas's assets were tied up?  Or do you mean Franco's? (I know his are tied up because of the families of his victims).  I just don't remember why Silas' assets were tied up. 

Silas'.  I don't remember the details - because...Kiki...and Franco...and Silas - but his will was tied up in probate or something.  But I remember distinctly Nina having all these perfectly valid reasons they should buy any other place and Franco being all, "C'mon!". 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I didn't even know Franco had assets to be tied up.

Well, all that money he's saving on not buying shampoo or water bills 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It's hard to get excited about Cam spending time with a family member when the audience didn't even get a scene beforehand with his mother telling him 'that woman who used to live at Wyndemere with Uncle Nikolas and Spencer is actually my sister, my father's daughter." The audience would be right to expect Cam's response to the "aunt" line to be "What? You're not Aunt Sarah! And also Uncle Nikolas is dead, so you're not my aunt anymore."

Completely agree.

I just hate that this is what Cameron finally got unlocked from the attic for, for Spencer to sneer at him for wanting to play soccer instead of going to an art museum when he's a kid.  Shut up, Spencer.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, lor said:

And seriously where are the workers at perks

Perks is self-serv on the honor system. If you sneak anything without paying however Sonny feels beeeetrayyyed, and he and Carly track you for some smackdown and serious burn.

• Love 3

How many times is Finn going to have to piss in a cup before this stupid storyline ends?  I'm ready to start popping zen-zen just to get relief from the stupidity.

For all Spencer's looking down on how ~pedestrial Cam's drink was, his looked exactly the same.  Maybe Perks needs a new barista.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Dante and Lulu will get Charlotte some ice cream and that will be the end of it, I'm sure.  Especially since ER should be maternity leaving in the near future.

Rather than having Lulu run off with the child, maybe the show will let Emme go on maternity leave by sending the two of them on a "bonding" vacay to Niagra Falls and Paris Disneyworld. It's shocking, shallow, and sad how Nina lost interest in the kid once she decided to shed Valentin.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Completely agree.

I just hate that this is what Cameron finally got unlocked from the attic for, for Spencer to sneer at him for wanting to play soccer instead of going to an art museum when he's a kid.  Shut up, Spencer.

So stupid. Prince William and Harry, both incredibly blue blooded, play soccer. David Beckham was invited to Prince William's wedding for Jasus' sake. I have nothing aganist Nicholas Bechtel, I actually think he is a good child actor, but they took it way too far, and the really sad thing is that FV knows this. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 2

Clancy was the artist, probably one to enjoy a trip to the art museum, but Jelly don't care about history they didn't write, and since Claudius was locked in the attic since RC wrote the show... well

• Love 2

I think that there is a small chance Lulu might let Charlotte see Nina sparingly, as in them meeting her for breakfast at Kelly's every so often, just so Charlotte doesn't feel abandoned by everyone. Small chance, though. Miniscule.

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:30 AM, dubbel zout said:

Sonny will say that was a long time ago, and he's a different man today. I have no faith at all that any of this would change his kids' minds about him. Oh, maybe they'll have some anger toward him, but if Michael and Dante can forgive Sonny for shooting AJ and being shot in the chest, they can forgive him treating someone else's underage daughter terribly years ago. And Kristina will get over it the next time she needs something from Sonny.

Scott is barely allowed to be angry at Sonny about Karen, and he's her father!

IOW, because the show won't treat this properly, I'd rather it didn't get into it at all. It's more frustrating to see people handwave it than not be addressed in the first place.

How about these jelly so called writers,bring on Scotts grandson. Karen and Jaggers son. He could come back after hearing what Sonny did to his parents. get even forever. I think Jagger is a cop. Dante could maybe met him at a confrence etc. I forget the the kids Stone named after his uncle Stone/Michael. Come to stay with Gramdpa, give Scott more on screen time, and plenty of get even with Kristina, Then Dante would have to see what he allowed to get away wuth shooting a cop in cold blood. I have waited yeeaars to see Scott give sonny some revenge and I might even comeback to watch it.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I think Nina still cares about Charlotte, but she doesn't really have a chance to be allowed to be around her with Valentin in prison.

I think if she hadn't been so mean to Lulu about Charlotte, Lulu would be encouraging her to still keep the connection.  Or maybe not if Lulu's baby rabies got in the way.

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

When I heard that, I thought Great idea!  Much better to get the exercise, although I'm not amiss to museums.

They write Spencer the way they think a prince would behave, "ergo...ergo" knowing nothing about actual princes or even old money.

2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Spencer behaves, at all times, exactly as you'd expect the bastard spawn of SWSNBN to behave

And that.

• Love 1

I'm very sorry to see that Finn is going to get faux-fired again before his Ava consult. I don't think she or Kiki have had scenes with him, have they? A couple of characters had the "Oh, it's shocking how much you look like..." and then they moved on.

It would have been interesting for Ava to think Silas was in her room, perhaps to take her to heaven.

1 hour ago, testardo said:

How about these jelly so called writers,bring on Scotts grandson. Karen and Jaggers son. He could come back after hearing what Sonny did to his parents. get even forever. I think Jagger is a cop. Dante could maybe met him at a confrence etc. I forget the the kids Stone named after his uncle Stone/Michael. Come to stay with Gramdpa, give Scott more on screen time, and plenty of get even with Kristina, Then Dante would have to see what he allowed to get away wuth shooting a cop in cold blood. I have waited yeeaars to see Scott give sonny some revenge and I might even comeback to watch it.

Karen was divorced Jagger years before she died. Jagger's son Stone is with some other woman, so he is not Scott's grandson.

15 hours ago, ulkis said:

What was with the camerawork with Anna and Mac? And with Nina in the hallway? And what the hell was that fading out on Nina's face only to pan back to it three times? Makes me think how ridiculous it looks than about how Nina is feeling shitty.

When I saw the shaky weirdness someone at GH must think is "artistic", my mind went straight to Alex, and then Anna told Mac (Mac!!!!! Yay!!!!) Alex "escaped" so I figured it was Alex's point of view as she "spied" on Anna and Mac, and the Nina thing I guess was just Alex waiting to be sure nobody is in the room with Valentin. I mean, isn't she the one who visits Valentin today? Not a spoiler, just a guess*.

Oh no. Now that Nina gave Valentin divorce papers, they're going to go for it with Valentin and Anna aren't they..... so does that mean Prince Nic will return alive, and Alex will take the fall for Valentin's part in the Thermos of Doom?

Also, it can't be said enough, Spencer is annoying and I feel kinda bad not liking a kid, I agree the actor is good, but the character of Spencer is beyond obnoxious, not cute at all (his behavior I mean), and is a prime example of a kid who needs a good old fashioned smack on the ass. It's a sad day in Soap Opera Land when our options are pretty much boiling down to the Sonny/Carly hour or All Things Spencer. And we seem to be back to a Quartermaine-free show once again (because Michael is a wavering fool), while fucking Sonny still walks this earth, all pious and hypocritical. I wonder if Sonny is going to follow the Pope on twitter so he can reduce his time in Purgatory. (Its a real thing, allegedly, that following the Pope on Twitter will lessen your time in Purgatory, no words for this, just rme and smh)

*Or maybe it's Spencer going to see Valentin, you know, to avenge his Dad's murder because there's probably an app for that.

• Love 1
(edited)

Wait, Lulu's pregnant too? For real? They're about to give Dante and Lulu three damn kids? (fuck that little girl btw and fuck this baby too)

Is it me or did Spencer get a haircut overnight? I like that he is now dressed and styled as Hollywood Montrose from the 1980s classic Mannequin

mannequin_8col.jpg

Edited by jsbt
(edited)

Is that why she showed up looking 25 months pregnant in those jail scenes with Valentin? They weren't even hiding it! What, was Frank out looking for James dePaiva that day?

Finn and Hayden do not have non-chemistry but together they are the Paul and Jenny Eckert of their day: Totally forgettable, able to lift right out of the show. They're just these random people we're stuck watching. Finn's only rooting interest for me came from his eccentricity and his relationship with Tracy; both appear to be gone and pairing him with another newbie doesn't help the situation. Hayden/Budig is doing her Budig thing and she's fine with comedy - and was cute with the boys/Laura (who I love seeing in the thick of it with people and family) - but again, no real reason to be there. If they were to give Laura and Hayden, say, some sort of work storyline together I might find that interesting but it still wouldn't be a reason for Hayden to be on canvas or for Budig not to just be playing Sarah Webber, which she should've done in the first place.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

How many times is Finn going to have to piss in a cup before this stupid storyline ends?

Seriously. If he were still actually using, denying it and insisting on drug tests isn't the way to resolve things. I wonder how long it will take someone to put two and two together and realize it's Dr. O messing with the results. Likely another six months, at the rate this show paces things. 

9 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I think that there is a small chance Lulu might let Charlotte see Nina sparingly, as in them meeting her for breakfast at Kelly's every so often, just so Charlotte doesn't feel abandoned by everyone. Small chance, though. Miniscule.

I don't know. Lulu seems to understand how overwhelming it's going to be for Charlotte when Valentin goes away. She recognizes that Charlotte and Nina have a relationship. If Lulu really wants what's best for Charlotte, as she keeps insisting she does, she won't prohibit Charlotte from seeing Nina.

50 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Is that why she showed up looking 25 months pregnant in those jail scenes with Valentin? They weren't even hiding it!

They haven't been trying to hide it for a while now. In all fairness, ER is due any second. They'd have to shoot her from the neck up. 

Edited by dubbel zout
(edited)

By the way, it's not like Laura was going to kick Rebecca Budig while she was down, but...doesn't she hate Rebecca Budig?  When did that stop?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

They write Spencer the way they think a prince would behave, "ergo...ergo" knowing nothing about actual princes or even old money.

This. Cassadines are old money. Spencer is behaving as a nouveau riche.

2 hours ago, jsbt said:

Finn and Hayden do not have non-chemistry but together they are the Paul and Jenny Eckert of their day: 

Except the character playing Paul at the time was very pleasant eye candy. Something that (IMO) we don't really have with Finn.

• Love 2

I still find it odd how IIC continue to push Cam and Spencer in love with Emma. This show has decades old history between Jason, Robin, Carly and Elizabeth to the point where the more logical and future triangle should be with Jake, Emma and Josslyn.  The "new"musketeer's should be Morgan, Cam, Molly, Christina Collins and Spencer.  It won't be long before Josslyn is having a teen pregnancy!

Eh.  The cast is so bloated and the need of the writers to try and make folks like HateChel to the point that they have re-written her character repeatedly over the last two years.  HateChel was damned right nasty toward Elizabeth and her comments about Cam, Jake and Aiden was disgusting.  So, why in the hell would Elizabeth allow Hatechel access to ANY of her children until that bitch apologizes for her previous vile comments?!  I sure in hell would not allow my children anywhere near HateChel.

I loved Dr. O when she first came to town with her fierce hats and penchant for evil, but to make her the COS and shooting Elizabeth pissed me off.   Dr. O should have been seen as a character that showed up on occasion to cause mayhem and push story.

38 minutes ago, rur said:

Spencer is behaving as a nouveau riche.

No. Spencer is behaving like an asshole. He's had little to no discipline throughout his life. That's the problem, not how old the money is.

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

No. Spencer is behaving like an asshole. He's had little to no discipline throughout his life. That's the problem, not how old the money is.

True. Compare Spencer's behavior to Nikolas' when he first came on. Granted, it feels like a weird comparison because Tyler Christopher was already grown when he was cast, but Nikolas was supposed to be 15/16. Not much older than Spencer is now. He could be bratty and arrogant, but Stefan actually took the time to parent him. There's a particular scene I'm thinking of, let me see if I can find and I'll post it in the history thread.

I get what @rur is saying, though. Spencer's behavior is very dèclassè.

• Love 2

The problem is that the writers think that Spencer is soooo cute when he acts like that.  He's not.

An additional problem is that they think this is how princes behave.  It's not.  (On the other hand, where would he have learned manners?  Stefan is gone and Helena is the only Cassadine he would have met who had any of that kind of class. And that French boarding school seems like a massive fail )

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The problem is that the writers think that Spencer is soooo cute when he acts like that.  He's not.

This. And they think it's adorable that no one can/will wrangle him.

I'm living for the day when Cartulo hauls off and clocks him good, and all the adults are like, "Yeah, Spencer had that coming for a long time."

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know. Lulu seems to understand how overwhelming it's going to be for Charlotte when Valentin goes away. She recognizes that Charlotte and Nina have a relationship. If Lulu really wants what's best for Charlotte, as she keeps insisting she does, she won't prohibit Charlotte from seeing Nina.

Eh. I think Lulu should probably weigh that against the fact that Nina kidnapped a newborn out of someone's womb before running off to Canada with a SERIAL KILLER -  plus the fact that Charlotte has only known Nina for a few months 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I think Lulu should probably weigh that against the fact that Nina kidnapped a newborn out of someone's womb before running off to Canada with a SERIAL KILLER -  plus the fact that Charlotte has only known Nina for a few months 

Charlotte has known Lulu for even less time, if you're going to use that metric. And Nina has considerably settled down emotionally since the early days. I'd initially somewhat limit Nina's activities with Charlotte, but given that Nina understands how hard losing Valentin is for Charlotte, she's not going to kidnap her.

Didn't she recently try to buy a baby and then flip her shit when Ava outed her as a psycho to the bio-mom? It's nice that she isn't currently drugging someone and stealing a newborn out of their body but she's not sane or stable or emotionally mature.

Besides, Charlotte has been bizarrely unmoved by the fact that she's been a human hot potato since she got to PC. Lack of access to Nina will probably mean less than visiting Valentin

• Love 6

I'm not saying Nina is perfect, not by a long shot. But she's hardly the baby-crazed mauler of yore. And I don't think it was unreasonable for her to be upset that Ava interfered in her most recent attempt to get a baby. Ava had every right to, but Nina also had every right to be upset.

I'm so tired of this stupid story anyway. No one is faultless here, but at least the most extreme behaviors have been tempered.

• Love 2
(edited)

Why do the show runners INSIST on having it both ways when it comes to S&C?  People are evil to go up against S&C, they get whatever they deserve, but S&C are not vengeful and if they are, well then it's justified. Everything S&C do is justified. They sympathize with Ava's horrific injury but still want justice! Ugh to all that noise.

S&C are AWFUL people who 99% of the time get exactly what they want and get away with the horrible things they do and continue to act as if they are perfect angels who've never done a bad thing in their lives.  Why wasn't it Carly taunting Ava? Why didn't one of them induce her dying? Why weren't they grinning at being present for Ava dying?  Why is GH so unwilling to show them in a negative light?  Even one that is understandable?  Why is Ava the most awful human being ever for medication switching, but nobody has the nerve to suggest that maybe Morgan's pills being switched is HIS karma for yukking up with Kiki about switching Michael's pills?

This whole storyline is so EMPTY. The writers are working so damned hard jamming the party line in every possible moment, going as far as Ava taunting herself to death, rather than sully Sonny or Carly or Michael into doing it.

Aunt Stella.  Who shit talks Jordan about as well as Sonny does Carly and Ava.  Yeah, that's what I wanted to see for the next black woman permitted to be on the show now that Valerie has been banished.

Edited by Vella
  • Love 13

TJ! Someone let him out of the attic for some fresh air, too! It's a shame he's only here to support Curtis and Jordan's relationship. This random aunt is both mean and annoying. I could really do without her slut shaming of Jordan.

I'm going to be nice and say that Nelle looked pretty today. I like it when her hair is pulled back. I'm glad the scene ended before she and Michael could kiss, because I'm sure my TV would have melted from the burning flames of their chemistry.

Ava's subconscious coaxing her to give up on life was both sad and creepy. I'm already covering my ears in anticipation of the shrieking Kiki is sure to do tomorrow. The actress seems to think that being dramatic equals being shrill. 

I love watching Finola, she's done a great job at embodying both Alex and Anna and making them each feel authentic. The storyline is still a mess, but I've enjoyed her performance.

• Love 3

Does anyone know what Valentin said in his video message to Charlotte? Lulu would be wise to discuss it with a social worker and above all get it translated first before allowing Charlotte to see it. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I still hate the writing of Alex, that she's an evil bitch who apparently was never brainwashed and Valentin is her victim.  And are we supposed to believe that she was pining for him all this time, even when she was picking up the Marick surname from Dimitri?

Nice to see TJ, but what a waste of him.  Why is this show allergic to telling stories with its twenty-something characters versus just having them prop up their parents' storylines?

Everything else was ew.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

My one takeaway from today is that Dillon must often go out to pee on Morgan's grave to relieve his frustration.

1 hour ago, Vella said:

Why wasn't it Carly taunting Ava?

Maybe they wanted to give Maura West for an episode something to do besides lie covered in layers.

• Love 4
(edited)

I honestly don't give a shit about what they've done with Alex. Her character and backstory were always insane and ridiculous, it makes perfect sense she'd turn up evil or crazy again IMO. The only exception I take to it is they didn't have a line or two of dialogue about it.

I do think Finola's performance as Alex is much more nuanced, idiosyncratic and unique to a different character than the milquetoast sort of persona she was stuck playing as boring Dr. Alex on AMC.

Edited by jsbt
(edited)

This would have been much more palatable if there had been some exposition that actually reflected what we saw on AMC, i.e. how Alex and Anna's sisterly relationship broke down, maybe Alex revealing she had unpressed some memories and realized she enjoyed being an evil spy of her own free will, maybe that the divorce from Dimitri sent her down this darker path, something!

But I guess it's not really about Alex and Anna and their AMC history, it's about giving Valentin - the wubbiest Cassadine - an out.

All that said, I do think Finola Hughes is and has been doing a good job with it, particularly today.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8