Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Might Emma follow in her grandparents footsteps when she grows up?! She managed to do in a few moments what the entire of PC couldn't in two months. 

So either Alex is being rewritten to be an evil twin or she's been brainwashed again. Anna flew from London to PC in the time it took Kiki to finish her lunch. 

• Love 3

It's too bad they couldn't hire Richard Burgi to play Carly's divorce lawyer.  Someone who could carry her up the stairs, if you know what I mean.  But no, Sonny has to have all the ladies panting after him.

• Love 3
Just now, statsgirl said:

Kiki is more excited about passing her nurse's aid exam than most people are at getting into medical school.

Aw, I liked that. She actually worked for it, instead of having it handed to her by a relative. Jar of Mayo was kind of adorable when he told her she passed.

LOL at Valentin's tepid reaction to Nelle being mugged and in the hospital: "Oh. Sorry to hear that." 

Peyton and Finn should have had someone with authority and neutral at GH lurking around the corner to catch Brad. 

• Love 3

The least Peyton and Finn should have been doing is filming Brad.  Everyone has access to that on their phones.

59 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Valentin is the worst at Cassadine.

Nic was pretty bad but Valentin is the worst.  He's got the bad person part down without the full-on evilness that makes them fun.  Mostly he comes across as a wimp.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Kiki is more excited about passing her nurse's aid exam than most people are at getting into medical school.

And why not?   It was the toughest five minutes of her life.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Is that the same Emma?  Wow, she's grown!

The actress is 11 years old.  They grow up so quickly, it makes me feel so old.  Emma is so going to grow up to be a superspy like her grandparents.  Her cover is going to be that she is a brilliant physician like her parents.  I hope they do not SORAS the character and allow us to watch her grow up.  Like her on screen mother,  Brooklyn is a wonderful actress and not just a cute kid reading her lines. 

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 15

I think it helped that KMcC and JT did a lot of work with Brooklyn offscreen so she'd be comfortable with them. That makes a big difference with kids. It also helps that Emma hasn't been recast five times. We don't have to watch a new kid get accustomed to the set and stuff. And of course, Brooklyn has talent.

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

He's got the bad person part down without the full-on evilness that makes them fun.  Mostly he comes across as a wimp.

It doesn't even make any sense.  Yesterday he was all "Anna will NEVER bother us again", to NIna, implying that he killed her and dumped her body somewhere.  Today we find out that he tied her to her banister with a scarf and left her there, alive, awake, unhurt.  Ooooooh so skeery.  

• Love 9

I know! And Valentin basically dared Alex to untie herself, which she did. That's some crack work on both sides. 

Aside from the plot point, is there a reason the Chimera is being kept so secret? (Or do we know what it is and I wasn't paying attention?) 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And Valentin basically dared Alex to untie herself, which she did. That's some crack work on both sides. 

But he might have been right since it took her all night to untie herself.  

So stupid. The show starts with her waking up at the bottom of the stairs, so my first thought was, "the hell?  he just left her in her house?  he must have drugged her".  then her memory shows us that he tied her then left and she was very much alive, unhurt, not drugged, nothing.  So.....she fell asleep?  And didn't wake up til morning?  At which point she started trying to untie herself?  You have nonsense like that when the Scorpio airport scene clearly shows that they can do better.  It's very frustrating.  

Valentin to Nina:  Anna will NEVER bother us again..............until she unties  the silk scarf that I used to tie her hands with, so.....4 minutes, or less seeing as silk scarves tend to untie themselves, since you know, they're made of silk.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Linny said:

I'm actually looking forward to the Nurse's Ball even though it always gives me secondhand embarrassment, because at least I'll feel something other than apathy.

Right!

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Was Brad paid for his work on developing the drug?  Because if he wasn't and there was an expectation of reimbursement, then absolutely he deserves some of the money.  Shut up, Hayden.  Although Brad should be suing rather than sabotaging.

No, he wasn't paid. Finn told him he would be compensated for his help and then Finn didn't give him shit. He has every right to be peeved about this. But yea obviously he shouldn't be taking it where he's taking it. However, I don't care because Finn is a smug asshole.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Valentin's tepid reaction to Nelle being mugged and in the hospital: "Oh. Sorry to hear that." 

Honestly, that was probably my fave part of this ep.

19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Aside from the plot point, is there a reason the Chimera is being kept so secret? (Or do we know what it is and I wasn't paying attention?) 

I feel like I remember people here saying that Helena said it was some kind of toxin. I don't know because I fast forwarded all those scenes when Helena was having Jason beaten.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Aside from the plot point, is there a reason the Chimera is being kept so secret?

Alex told Valentin that she wants it back because it's a biotoxin that in the wrong hands could create havoc.  Nobody knows that Jake has the vial except Helena's henchman, who dropped of the magic box.  

Today on Paraphrase Hospital.....

Michael:  I spent the night at the hospital even though I have a multi national company to run in the morning.  

Brad:  Finn is a drug addict, working on patients

Laura:   Hey, some of us have family members who lie on the floor, watching pills under the couch so back off.

Nina:  Michael's been sitting outside your room all night.

Nelle:  Well, when you put it like that, I should totally get out of bed, despite my bruised kidney and go looking for him. Otherwise this story might be too boring.  

Brad:  I'm an evil mastermind but let me check Finn's sample right here in the hall where anyone could catch me.  

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Emma is so going to grow up to be a superspy like her grandparents.  Her cover is going to be that she is a brilliant physician like her parents.

As Emma grows up, her grandma will teach her martial arts and her grandpa will teach her how to shoot. Uncle Mac teaches her to pick locks, pockets and other tools of the trade. This is of course after they finally get rid of the mob in PC (In an epic showdown where Mac puts a bullet in Sonny's head). Inspired by her parents, Emma will go on to medical school. Seeing her pedigree and her potential however, the WSB (now headed by her Aunt Georgie- who was discovered to be alive) will make her an offer upon graduation. Emma will be joined by her cousin Georgie (who goes by her middle name now, whatever that is) who happens to be a whiz at computers. Anna Donely (WSB Head of U.S Division) is their direct supervisor. Undercover work can be a little difficult at times. I mean, with super spies, world renowned doctors, journalists, etc in ones family, it can be hard to go unnoticed. But they manage and quickly become formidable names in the law enforcement circles. 

2 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Alex told Valentin that she wants it back because it's a biotoxin that in the wrong hands could create havoc.  

This isn't very Evil of her, is it?

• Love 11
(edited)

I liked Laura getting scenes with Dillon and Brad. 

Brad is stupid though if he fell for Fayden's bad acting.

I'll be VERY surprised if Hayden gives birth.

Griffin: your head is going to be the one that rolls.

I dare the actor to say that with less energy.

So Alex has managed to stay cool all this time but now can't even manage to say a whole sentence? Alrighty then.

I'm sure it would go eventually but right now Michael and Kiki have better chemistry with each other.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
(edited)

A biotoxin. Of course. Something new! 

I wonder if anyone will mention the monkey virus or the water contamination stories.

Maybe the chimera is the chemical weapon Helena was going to use before the ENDGAME! rewrite.

50 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I liked Laura getting scenes with Dillon and Brad. 

Griffin: your head is going to be the one that rolls.

I dare the actor to say that with less energy.

Agreed, it was nice to see her with some new people.  Though I wouldn't mind if Kevin poked his head out from whatever closet he's been locked in.

And seriously, being a little judge-y, Father Sleeps With His Married Parishioners. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

A biotoxin. Of course. Something new! 

I wonder if anyone will mention the monkey virus or the water contamination stories.

Toxic balls!

"We couldn't contain it!"

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Agreed, it was nice to see her with some new people.  Though I wouldn't mind if Kevin poked his head out from whatever closet he's been locked in.

SID claimed for May Sweeps that Tracy's journey was supposed to make Laura take stock of the important things in her life, including Kevin. 

I'm still waiting. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Vera said:

This isn't very Evil of her, is it?

Well, she said she didn't want it in the wrong hands but I don't beleive she meant that.  She wanted it for herself and Dr Whatisface.  

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I'll be VERY surprised if Hayden gives birth.

Yeah, there's too much happyness there, not enough angst.  Brad will do something that will cause her to lose it.  

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

They need to recast Lucas. I like Ryan Carnes a lot, but I'm starting to think Lucas is honking a horn somewhere with Audrey.

Recast him why? There's nothing to convince me that he'll become more of a key player under a different actor, and it seems like Brad may soon be on his way out anyway.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 1

AMC watchers, help me out- was Alex the mother of Aiden? I was a sporadic AMC watcher and I'm 99% sure they utterly destroyed his character by the end of that show, but I would not mind him popping up here. I can't remember how exactly he was tied to Anna. 

Why on earth would the show ignore Emmy's real life pregnancy in favor of this stupid custody plot when her character  has had baby rabies for the last decade or so, but then turn around and give a not pregnant Rebecca Budig a pregnancy story?? I mean, no one needs a pregnancy story on this show right now, but Lulu makes a helluva lot more sense than Hayden. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

Why on earth would the show ignore Emmy's real life pregnancy in favor of this stupid custody plot when her character  has had baby rabies for the last decade or so, but then turn around and give a not pregnant Rebecca Budig a pregnancy story?? I mean, no one needs a pregnancy story on this show right now, but Lulu makes a helluva lot more sense than Hayden. 

Seriously, if they can rewrite Jason's time outside of PC, they can rewrite "Lulu's got no eggs."  But, no, instead a stupid custody story that makes everyone look bad and has me rooting for Claudette to come back with proof Charlotte is hers* and some pool boy who knocked her up when the Lulu/Valentin embryo didn't take. 

*Seriously, the actress playing Charlotte looks just like Bree Williamson (ya know, despite that blonde hair that automatically makes her Lulu's kid. /DumbLuluLogic).

• Love 4
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

AMC watchers, help me out- was Alex the mother of Aiden?

I want to say Aiden was their cousin?  I'm pretty sure Alex was already gone by the time Aiden showed up.

ETA..scratch that, Wikipedia says that his mother is a Lindsay Devane and that Alex and Anna are his aunts.  But yeah, he came to town after Alex and Dimitri had left.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
(edited)

The last thing Lulu needs is yet another kid. Not every real-life pregnancy needs to be written in. Save the miracle pregnancy if and when Lante are written off for their happily-ever-after.

Not that I think Hayden should be pregnant, either, because, wow do I not give a single damn about that.

ETA: I should say I don't mind Kimberly McCullough's pregnancy being written in, but I think that's because the Scorpio-Drakes are mostly offscreen so I can just be happy for them instead of watching a dramatic (er, "dramatic") story play out onscreen.  I'm so hoping it's a boy they name Malcolm.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I want to say Aiden was their cousin?  I'm pretty sure Alex was already gone by the time Aiden showed up.

ETA..scratch that, Wikipedia says that his mother is a Lindsay Devane and that Alex and Anna are his aunts.  But yeah, he came to town after Alex and Dimitri had left.

Yeah, Anna and Alex had an older sister. She was Aiden's mother. The surprise sibling that made absolutely no sense was the actual cage raised half brother. Who was the Devane twins' nanny's son. Yet he was about the same age as Robin. And younger than Aiden. God, what an awful character. Sure, Aiden was unknown to Anna. Anna didn't know that Lindsay had a child. But at least it was plausible. The dumb kid brother could've easily been Alex's lost son. Instead he was announced as Anna's half brother. Which made no sense. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Yeah, Anna and Alex had an older sister. She was Aiden's mother. The surprise sibling that made absolutely no sense was the actual cage raised half brother. Who was the Devane twins' nanny's son. Yet he was about the same age as Robin. And younger than Aiden. God, what an awful character. Sure, Aiden was unknown to Anna. Anna didn't know that Lindsay had a child. But at least it was plausible. The dumb kid brother could've easily been Alex's lost son. Instead he was announced as Anna's half brother. Which made no sense. 

Devane family history:

On GH, I remember at some point during Faison arc in 1990, it was mentioned that Anna had a younger sister. This was probably changed to her having an older sister on AMC (Lindsey).

In 1985, when Holly goes to meet her Nanny (who also happened too be Anna's at some point when she was a child), she tells Holly that Anna's parents died when she was five, she went from wealth to poverty and at some point Anna was sent to live in Canada with horrible relatives. In 1991 we learn that Faison was Nanny's son and that he used to send Anna money when she was a teen. 

AMC introduced Alex as Anna's twin. Alex was stolen from birth by Charlotte Devane (married to the 2A's father's brother and had ties to the DVX/or was head of it) after she convinced their mother that one of the twins was stillborn. Charlotte along with her husband raised Alex as theirs. Either the Devane family never saw each other while the kids were growing up or no one noticed that there were two identical girls in the family! Years later, neither the DVX nor the WSB would notice this fact either. 

Aidan is Lindsey's son. Anna didn't know she had a kid. Lindsay died when Aidan was still a baby. His father died before he was born. Aidan was in the GB Special Services and served in Afghanistan. He is the same age as Robin. This would mean that Lindsey was alive at least up to then but she and Anna weren't in each other's lives anymore. Anna told Aidan that Lindsey was the more fragile than the rest of them. Aidan is currently serving time in prison.

Till this point, the family history makes sense. Sort of. Then comes another sibling to muck it up.

Gabriel Devane was the son of Thomas John Devane (the siblings father) and Cecilia (Anna and Lindsey's nanny- yes, another one). Gabriel said he witnessed their father, Cecilia and the twin's mother all die in a car accident. The only reason he didn't die along with them was that he went back to get his toy. Charlotte was responsible for the accident and then locks Gabriel up in a cage at Bryn Wydd. He ends up in Pine Valley because his mother told him to look for Anna (probably after he escaped Bryn Wydd?). 

I can't remember where I got this, but I think Gabriel was around 19-20 when he first appear. This would make him younger than Robin. 

So, Anna's parents faked their death, ditch their two daughters, and live long enough that Daddy Devane had a kid with the nanny?!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Jazzy24 said:

Damn.  Kimberly looks very far along.  How pregnant is she?

My niece is 4'11" and when she gets past her 5th month of pregnancy, she gets HUGH.  She is so compact that there is no room for the baby to go vertical so it pops straight outward making my niece look like she is 8 1/2 months along and having triplets. :)  Kimberly is also very petite so I think that's why she got so big so fast.  I am in no way criticising Kimberly's pregnant body.  I think she looks beautiful.     

• Love 4

Oh, Brad, your bus is here. Get on it before the Chimera is released, you find the cure, and Dr. Enabled Drug Addict is credited and the town give him a parade.

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, Brooklyn has been seen in a phone carrier commercial as Little Girl Overcharging at Lemonade Stand.

On Wednesday's show, Lulu has a bug-out look when Valentin accepted her explanation about Charlotte. I want a pic/GIF of that.

Weekend homework: go back to recent shows and see if Carly said something to the effect, "If Nelle was mugged on the docks and remained there for hours with her only kidney bruised, I wouldn't care".

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

The last thing Lulu needs is yet another kid. Not every real-life pregnancy needs to be written in. Save the miracle pregnancy if and when Lante are written off for their happily-ever-after.

What about the Johnny knocks her up in a ONS during her maternity leave pregnancy? :D

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

What about the Johnny knocks her up in a ONS during her maternity leave pregnancy? :D

NO! Okay, they can have have the ONS, but if she gets knocked up, she can leave. Lulu can have ten kids if I don't have to watch it or listen to her or anyone else yammer about it.

59 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

NO! Okay, they can have have the ONS, but if she gets knocked up, she can leave. Lulu can have ten kids if I don't have to watch it or listen to her or anyone else yammer about it.

But it would make Dante so upset tee hee hee. Or then again, who knows, with these writers, he might be like "whatever, bitch" and fling her some money.

• Love 2

Watching live:

Brendabot declares she has to leave soon for flight to LA

Sonny: Then I'll have to leave you with something you wont forget.

Me: Ewwww!

That whole scene was horrifying

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Vera said:

Devane family history:

On GH, I remember at some point during Faison arc in 1990, it was mentioned that Anna had a younger sister. This was probably changed to her having an older sister on AMC (Lindsey).  ***

So, Anna's parents faked their death, ditch their two daughters, and live long enough that Daddy Devane had a kid with the nanny?!

Working from home today so I can comment timely. Vera, thank you. I only knew part of this. I wanted to roll my eyes, but at least it isn't Space Alien Casey (and Anna mating with his Earth Twin) again, nor is there a poker chip that will blow up PC, again. Or a Weather Diamond that will Ice Age Port Charles, again. Or undead stalking the City, again.

Wardrobe didn't do Carly any favors with her dress for the actual outdoor scenes. Still like the filming outside, it makes things feel more real.

This Robin trip feels forced. Maybe she should have just Skyped in.

Sonny's new attorney bedmate: "We have been intimate". No, honey, you have been where every women in Port Charles has been before. That's just how he shakes hands with a woman. I would rather have seen her paired with anyone else on the show, including Brad or Dr O. Sonny needs a broken glass bin and a bedmate reservation book outside his door all the places he happens to be staying. And she may want to quickly check the Professional Rules, she is breaking most of them.

16 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Not that I think Hayden should be pregnant, either, because, wow do I not give a single damn about that.

ETA: I should say I don't mind Kimberly McCullough's pregnancy being written in, but I think that's because the Scorpio-Drakes are mostly offscreen so I can just be happy for them instead of watching a dramatic (er, "dramatic") story play out onscreen.  I'm so hoping it's a boy they name Malcolm.

I hate the lame miracle pregnancy crap, except for OLTL's Marcie McBain.  It's more realistic when some women or men can't have a baby and they adopt.

• Love 4

These fuckin' writers seriously can't do anything right.  Having Nathan of all people bumble in almost immediately to interrupt the Anna/Alex showdown was suuuch stupidity.  And Alex's explanation was a muddled mess that I'm pretty sure contradicts everything we heard/saw about her on AMC.

I can't believe the show's just running through the typical Sonny playbook and we're supposed to be charmed/entertained by it.

Lynn Herring looked great today.

Britt mention!

• Love 8
(edited)

I hate the lame miracle pregnancy crap, except for OLTL's Marcie McBain.  It's more realistic when some women or men can't have a baby and they adopt.

As long as the story doesn't treat adoption as some sort of consolation prize. I'd love to see a story where there's no interest in having a baby at all, and the proper precautions are taken. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

Lucy, when a mother tells you her son is seeing a therapist, the proper reaction is not to recoil in horror, for fuck's sake. What was up with that? Such an ugly and inappropriate way to treat a child. Lucy becomes progressively more unlikable with every appearance.

"We have an usual bond." Oh, Martina, Sonny's "bonded" with dozens of other women, don't think you're special just because he fed you pasta and cried over Morgan. I doubt he'll even remember your name once you leave town.

Carly and Ava looked too dressy in their black outfits for a casual stroll in the park. But Carly's unimpressed expression when she walked in on Sonny and Martina was my favorite thing today.

The reveal of "who's setting up Finn?" felt like the ending of a game of Clue: it was Liesl, in the laboratory, with a syringe. Because it makes total sense to pin everything on Liesl even though we rarely ever see her. The writers seem to try to create these big "gotcha!" moments but they almost always fall flat for me. 

• Love 11
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Linny said:

The reveal of "who's setting up Finn?" felt like the ending of a game of Clue: it was Liesl, in the laboratory, with a syringe.

Oh, I totally misinterpreted that.  I thought she was tainting the sample to give Brad plausible deniability, I didn't realize it's been her all along. 

Well then I hope all these smug assholes apologize to Brad when that comes out.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:
7 minutes ago, Linny said:

The reveal of "who's setting up Finn?" felt like the ending of a game of Clue: it was Liesl, in the laboratory, with a syringe.

Oh, I totally misinterpreted that.  I thought she was tainting the sample to give Brad plausible deniability, I didn't realize it's been her all along. 

I haven't seen today's ep, but are Brad and Dr. O in cahoots?

Even if they aren't, Dr. O being the saboteur (saboteuse?) isn't exactly shocking.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

I haven't seen today's ep, but are Brad and Dr. O in cahoots?

Even if they aren't, Dr. O being the saboteur (saboteuse?) isn't exactly shocking.

I guess not.  They did have an earlier scene where Dr. O said she was there for him because he had been Britt's bestie (I guess her chucking him off a parapet is bygones).  But I guess that was just her being a bitch?

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Linny said:

"We have an usual bond." Oh, Martina, Sonny's "bonded" with dozens of other women, don't think you're special just because he fed you pasta and cried over Morgan. I doubt he'll even remember your name once you leave town.

Cringe.

Carly looks ridiculous in her pleather dress in the park.

10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

These fuckin' writers seriously can't do anything right.  Having Nathan of all people bumble in almost immediately to interrupt the Anna/Alex showdown was suuuch stupidity.

They don't have anything else for the guy.

Lucy would be better off saying Jake's act was terrible and that's why she wanted him out.

I'm glad it's not Brad. 

Oh, the hallway is so much more private.

I think the most annoying thing about the brendabot scenes was her extolling his cooking.

Sonny's recap of Morgan seemed longer than the events actually took.

Rebecca Budig is my kryptonite. I've been fine with her on GH (hated her AMC character), but when her characters get self-righteous it makes me grit my teeth.

Are they gonna explain why O hates Finn so much? A "she just does" will do, but at least say it.

No more children at the Nurses Ball. All they do is kill.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4