Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It really is nuts how Sam is basically stuck in an episode of The Brady Bunch.

Yeah, but the original post was about Sam forgiving Maxie. Sam is stuck in the Brady Bunch, but everyone also has to forgive Maxie instantaneously, so it was like a forgiveness vector, heh.

15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Relatedly, for some reason, Carly leaping up to scold Maxie irritated me.  Yes, absolutely, that was a crappy thing for Maxie to do.  But Carly, dear?  You cover for murderers.  So sit fucking down.

I think it was because it was none of her business. If Maxie screwed up the cake of a theoretical daughter in law or something I would get it, but it's still not really her place despite her friendship with Sam.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Yeah, but the original post was about Sam forgiving Maxie. Sam is stuck in the Brady Bunch, but everyone also has to forgive Maxie instantaneously, so it was like a forgiveness vector, heh.

And my post was about Sam and how her "conflicts" start and end in the same episode. It's an overall problem with her character. She lives in the land of 30 minute sitcoms.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Relatedly, for some reason, Carly leaping up to scold Maxie irritated me.  Yes, absolutely, that was a crappy thing for Maxie to do.  But Carly, dear?  You cover for murderers.  So sit fucking down.

Every time Carly graces our TV screen Mr. Moving and I shout "Shut up Carly" in unison.   

I like Kiki and Dillon together.  She is so much more likeable when she is with Dillion than she ever was with Morgan. I swear when she was with the Corinnthi spawn her IQ dropped by at least 20 points.  Corinnthi spoil everything and everyone. 

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 6

What a lovely, heartwarming Christmas episode. I mean, we had:

--Alexis shoving her daughter out the door with one hand and clutching her booze with the other hand.

--Julian continuing to blackmail and mind fuck Alexis.

--Franco running to Mommy Dearest for a heart to heart chat about being crazy.

--Kiki pouting because the man she rejected a dozen times gave her the cold shoulder.

On the flip side, Finn's cure worked and Naomi was there to tell Hayden she loves her. Is this where my heart's supposed to grow three sizes?

• Love 7

I loved Finn's Cactus Tree for Hayden. Somehow it was very fitting.  Naomi annoyed at first but grew tolerable.  I think Tracy is more a maternal figure to Hayden than mom.  I like that Elizabeth and Hayden seem to be ceasing hostilities.

Franco and Heather can stay off my screen.

Kiki and Dillion are just too tortured for a relationship that never really got off the ground.

I'm over the attempted murderer trying to worm his way back in Alexis' life.  She should have just said that she ran him over when  he accosted her at the bar, violating the restraining order.  She panicked and there you go.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Linny said:

--Franco running to Mommy Dearest for a heart to heart chat about being crazy.

And why is Heather being so accommodating?  Didn't Franco betray her by tattling about her attacks on Bobbie and Lucas?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Meanwhile, her hair is professionally curled, makeup perfectly done, her outfit coordinated, etc.

She was really pretty. Loved her hair and her not wearing a black top for once. 

The Franco hour is really not fun. Between him and Nelle no GH vets get the air time they do. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, CookieBud said:

Kiki and Dillion are just too tortured for a relationship that never really got off the ground.

This is what I'm saying. Why do we have to deal with all of these false starts and near misses for a relationship that never went anywhere? These people aren't Ross and Rachel. They aren't even Joey and Rachel. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, backhometome said:

She was really pretty. Loved her hair and her not wearing a black top for once. 

Of course she looked pretty. That was my point. She made it seem like she woke up and got ready in 30 seconds and looked like crap.

1 minute ago, LeftPhalange said:

This is what I'm saying. Why do we have to deal with all of these false starts and near misses for a relationship that never went anywhere? These people aren't Ross and Rachel. They aren't even Joey and Rachel. 

LMAO. 

• Love 1

Was it just me or were Valerie and Dillon sort of cute together?

Anyone else want to hold RoHo down and spray him with a water hose and a giant vat of  shampoo?

Alexis/Julian:  I just can't with these two.  What is the point?  They are not star crossed lovers, he tried to freakin' kill her, no matter how much they want to paint themselves out of that corner now, by blaming it on some big bad.  

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of Nelle, I was annoyed the Quartermaine window pane in the credits was broken up, with Dillon being squeezed out so Nelle could be next to Mikey.

Yet another reason why she needs to be written out.

Hey Kiki, if you don't want Dillon moving on with another woman maybe you should stop acting like a piece of garbage. 

LOL at Ava calling Alexis a drunk considering how often she hits the booze.

I actually liked the Hayden/Tracy/Finn/Naomi/Liez scenes. Pretty much the only thing that didn't bore the hell out of me or disgust me.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Glad that Hardy Boy Jason acknowledges that Julian blowing himself up doesn't make sense.

SB's Jason would have thought the same, TBF. Especially if it were to keep Sonny from breaking his house arrest. Which, I had to laugh at that. Sonny gets the tiniest idea that Julian is involved and nothing can stop the revenge! Sonny is such an idiot. 

51 minutes ago, CookieBud said:

I like that Elizabeth and Hayden seem to be ceasing hostilities.

It's only because Hayden is near death. They'll start bitching at each other again soon enough. It's what women do, you know.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

LOL at Ava calling Alexis a drunk considering how often she hits the booze.

Ava could drink Alexis under the table and be perfectly fine. She seems to handle her liquor quite well.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

SB's Jason would have thought the same, TBF. Especially if it were to keep Sonny from breaking his house arrest. Which, I had to laugh at that. Sonny gets the tiniest idea that Julian is involved and nothing can stop the revenge! Sonny is such an idiot. 

Julian Jerome dies tonight! Or you know. Whenever.

50 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of Nelle, I was annoyed the Quartermaine window pane in the credits was broken up, with Dillon being squeezed out so Nelle could be next to Mikey.

I was annoyed with her being in the credits at all. 

Franco was so relieved to be out of the cage! He didn't get to wash his hair in all that time. Or . . . wait a minute . . . 

I don't get how Kiki got sex from what Dillon and Valerie said. They did that with Dante/Valerie/Lulu except when Lulu hacked into the "last night was so great" e-mail, she knew Valerie and Dante had already had sex, so it wasn't much of a leap.

Why was Ava crying like she was sending Julian off to battle.

Why didn't Franco tell Kiki to watch out for Tom? I get why he didn't tell Liz, but there's no need to cover his ass with Kiki.

I liked Liz and Tracy's "oh he mentioned the lizard" looks, aka BH and JE's "oh God we have to listen to these lines" looks.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

One plus, I realized, about Cameron and Aiden being off-screen is that we don't have to see them fawn all over Franco.  I refuse to believe, as Liz claimed, that they're super excited he's coming over for Christmas.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I liked Liz and Tracy's "oh he mentioned the lizard" looks, aka BH and JE's "oh God we have to listen to these lines" looks.

Same here. There really is no other way to react except: "Yes, we know how stupid this sounds." It works on all levels, too.

5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

One plus, I realized, about Cameron and Aiden being off-screen is that we don't have to see them fawn all over Franco.  I refuse to believe, as Liz claimed, that they're super excited he's coming over for Christmas.

I choose to believe that Cam and Aiden have a major prank ready for Franco when he gets to the house.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It is unrealistic to believe that Sonny was able to rise from street punk to "the most powerful mobster on the eastern seaboard".  He is so impulsive and outright stupid, that he would have been killed for being so annoying and incompetent.  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, CookieBud said:

I like them but so much this. It's ridiculous. 

I didn't notice this but it annoys me very much. Fucking Nelle!

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Was it just me or were Valerie and Dillon sort of cute together?

I agree. I still reminiscence over the potential they had back during the Dante/Lulu story. 

Today was mostly just boring tbh. I barely remember anything that happened.

• Love 2

I guess Dillon's been moved out of that spot to be placed with Kiki and Ava now that Morgan's gone.  Just speculation, but we'll probably see that soon enough.

Edited by Michel
9 minutes ago, Michel said:

I guess Dillon's been moved out of that spot to be placed with Kiki and Ava now that Morgan's gone.  Just speculation, but we'll probably see that soon enough.

That's a good assumption.  But even though I kinda like Dillon and Kiki, it still bugs me.  It was fun having all the contract Q's together.

At the end of the day, the credits are so cheap-looking.  Better to just have a flashing siren for five seconds and the title card, IMO.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

From ABC SID's Twitter:

That's why Franco, Dr. O, Ava, Nina, should all be gone. 

Richard likes Franco, so he needs to shut it unless he's prepared to want all of them gone, or at least recurring. Although I guess O. is recurring.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I actually liked the Hayden/Tracy/Finn/Naomi/Liez scenes. Pretty much the only thing that didn't bore the hell out of me or disgust me

The whole story seems so contrived and false to me...and come on: LIZARD'S DNA? Would that miracle cure be lizard's blood or lizard's poop or lizard's scales or what? I hope Roxy isn't suffering for the sake of science.

Tracy needs to be miles away from this story, leading ELQ to glory, having lunch with the President-elect and being interviewed and photographed as a potential cabinet member, successfully raising money for the hospital, and getting better, world-famous researchers to work there. Tracy's connections and wealth and strong personality are being wasted as she kneels bedside as a handmaiden to Hatechel and Finn. It's ludicrous.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
genericizing
  • Love 1

If this were a comic book, Hayden would develop lizard super-powers from being injected with lizard DNA. She would have fantastic healing ability, retractable claws, a powerful bite, enhanced senses, and the ability to camouflage herself. Then she would fight crime. 

The "fight crime" part is probably all that will keep the GH writers from going there with it.  

• Love 18

They had Freako saying his a redeemed, better man WHILE HE HAS A MAN LOCKED INSIDE OF A DOG CAGE.

Just locking a man inside a dog cage is low but adding another layer of torture with an electronic shock is taking it to another level.  I can't believe that I am typing this.  I want my soap opera back.

That's why Franco, Dr. O, Ava, Nina, should all be gone. 

Out of that lot, Maura West really has risen above the writing.  The amount of screen time that Franco, Nina and Kiki have is undeserved.  One of the most frustrating things about watching this show is that I can't stand how the vile thugster - Sonny - has become the star of this soap.  Yet these writers (and those before them) have failed to write characters that are more sympathetic than him.   It is relatively astounding.  And now there are multiple turds circling the bowl.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

If this were a comic book, Hayden would develop lizard super-powers from being injected with lizard DNA. She would have fantastic healing ability, retractable claws, a powerful bite, enhanced senses, and the ability to camouflage herself. Then she would fight crime. 

The "fight crime" part is probably all that will keep the GH writers from going there with it.  

Work with the WSB. Heck, this would be an opportunity for a Marvel crossover.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And why is Heather being so accommodating?  Didn't Franco betray her by tattling about her attacks on Bobbie and Lucas?

The writers needed a Reasons/Helena/Commercial Break because the fans wouldn't shut up with the discontinuity on the Hospital Killer being Paul.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

This whole Tom storyline has just been awful.  I don't get the notion of the audience supposedly thinking this is Franco's redemption when he kidnapped a man and held him hostage.  Just because he got the tables turned on him and is now hallucinating does not a redemption make.  

And because Tom has been driven over the edge, and he's on the prowl to rape, it will make Franco more heroic and justified.

Although....

Spoiler

....if Tom ends up dead, Franco will be the first one suspected, and he doesn't have an alibi. If he's dead now, then all the usual suspects have alibis per the screen appearences,

But retconning logic is a forte of this writing group.

I did like that scene with Maxie and Dillon remembering Georgie on the anniversary of her death at the gravesite and.... oh yeah, that didn't happen onscreen.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't get how Kiki got sex from what Dillon and Valerie said.

Agreed, and I don't think they slept together either. They just didn't give off that vibe. It sounded like they sat up all night and talked and drank and then passed out or fell asleep or something.

Interesting view from Richard, since he loves all those characters that were mentioned. Although Nina isn't a villain anymore, if she ever was one. She was just a batshit crazy bitch. Now she's just a batshit crazy baby rabies teenager. Who was he talking about? I used to follow him, but he blocked me for daring to speak out against him kissing Sonny's ass.

Complete and total bullshit that Ava doesn't get Avery at all for Christmas. Because god forbid Sonny doesn't have access to her since he got one of his other sons killed. Glad she won't be alone though and spending the holiday with Delia.

Jelly's idea of suspense is first not letting us see what color the inside of the Jasam cake is, and then having Dillon and Kiki come up with the same idea of how to spend Christmas but not letting us know what it is. Riveting.

• Love 6

Late to the party. Wasn't Sam's baby shower the worst? I know she doesn't have any friends but couldn't they have filled up the room with random day player woman? Sometimes I miss the good ole days of 50 extras in the background. I'm sure those extras miss the paycheck, too.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Ugh, every time I think about all the ways TPTB have tried to make Franco likeable I just get annoyed with James Franco and the entire conception of this character.  

This more than anything. I hate the whole stupid vanity project that started this mess and in a weird way, I almost wish James Franco was still playing Franco so I could hate him properly until he's dead dead. My heart has a soft spot for RoHo leftover from OLTL so I keep trying to fool myself into believing RoHo is not really Franco.

If I had to pick one thing that, IMO, caused the rapid decline in TFGH, at least for me, it would be the introduction of James Franco period. In my mind, when I look back, there's a domino effect that pretty much ruined every character and that's saying a lot for me because Sonny is the one who ruins everything.

Also, referring back to OldLulu vs NuLulu, I forgot about the annoying stuff JMB did, perhaps intentionally, also perhaps because I wasn't watching faithfully at that point when I had an actual job.

I gotta say, you guys are good with the memory!

And in case I'm not here again before Christmas, I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas/Happy Holiday/Whatever you celebrate. You guys/gals have kept me from leaping off a figurative bridge in 2016, aka the worst year of my life. Not looking for sympathy, just expressing my gratitude to you all, unfortunately, after losing my Dad last year, my younger brother died a few months ago and the family home had to be sold so this is my first Christmas without any immediate family and somebody else is sleeping in my old bedroom. There have been days when the only thing that kept me going was coming here and reading all your insightful, wonderful, often hysterically funny posts. I can't thank you enough for keeping this sappy viewer feel less alone. Here's hoping we all have a great 2017, and while I'm hoping, here's hoping TFGH gets back on track before it's cancelled. :-)

• Love 20
6 hours ago, sunnyface said:

One of the most frustrating things about watching this show is that I can't stand how the vile thugster - Sonny - has become the star of this soap.  Yet these writers (and those before them) have failed to write characters that are more sympathetic than him.   It is relatively astounding.  And now there are multiple turds circling the bowl.

And the water is rising because the toilet is clogged. 

I quit watching (I'm a Canadian viewer so no one gives a shit-no effect on ratings), but I do read spoilers from time to time. I haven't read a damn thing to tempt me back. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, ulkis said:

Sam is stuck in the Brady Bunch, but everyone also has to forgive Maxie instantaneously, so it was like a forgiveness vector, heh.

I also think the writers were trying to recognize Sam/Maxie's friendship but since they can't be arsed to write for the characters, the chances that we'd see the relationships written well are slim to none

2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Late to the party. Wasn't Sam's baby shower the worst? I know she doesn't have any friends but couldn't they have filled up the room with random day player woman? Sometimes I miss the good ole days of 50 extras in the background. I'm sure those extras miss the paycheck, too.

I mean, a baby shower is usually just friends and family, isn't it? If they're going to shell out cash for extras, I'd prefer to see them do it at an event that should really have a crowd.  

21 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

And my post was about Sam and how her "conflicts" start and end in the same episode. It's an overall problem with her character. She lives in the land of 30 minute sitcoms.

I think the thing that I loathe most about these "writers" is the determined banality of their "stories".  Both of Sam's previous pregnancies and deliveries were disasters. This is the first time that she's had a 'normal' pregnancy with a husband and a baby shower and minimal drama, (which is fine, I guess) but given her previous experiences there should be an underlying tension and there's nothing

• Love 5
5 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

And because Tom has been driven over the edge, and he's on the prowl to rape, it will make Franco more heroic and justified.

Although....

Hide contents

No, it will make Franco partially responsible. Of course the show it will be presented as if was heroic.

• Love 1

Halfway through the show and I'm ready to stick a shrimp fork in my eye.

Carla moves out of the mansion because she believe the man she loves killed the son he loves.  So in what universe is it ok to just bring a guest to your on house arrest husband's house for Christmas without asking?

Then Valentin invites everyone to spend Christmas with Charlotte and not one person says thank you.  Lovely.  Laura glares then leaves without meeting her granddaughter, Anna interrogates the host, Lulu shoots daggers when she walks in the door because Charlotte is happy that Nina is there.  And these are the good people of Port Charles?

Michael gives one present to both his parents, whom are living apart.  Are they supposed to share custody of the picture?  Couldn't he have two made?

And raise your hand if you never want to hear the name Morgan ever again.

ETA:  And up until today I was iffy on Julian and Alexis.  That man has no concept, nor does he want to understand, just how devastating what he's done to Alexis truly is.  Does he really think that being there, constantly reminding her of what he's done, is going to get her off the booze?  I am off the fence and in the land of get a divorce.

Edited by CookieBud
  • Love 5

Nina is horrible actively trying to undermine Lulu's relationship with Charlotte and Charlotte was a brat about the gift. Why did Lulu think Laura would want to spend Christmas with the man that murdered her son? Good on Laura for leaving two seconds after she got there. Now go spend Christmas Eve with Kevin, Laura, there's minimal drama and potential for you to be upset there.

Loved it that Lulu got to snark on Nina. Nina needs to sit her ass down and deal with the fact that Lulu is Charlotte's mother and not her.

HATE that Monica, of all people, asked Jason/Sam to "let it go just for tonight" re: Franco. FOR ELIZABETH'S SAKE!

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 4