Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

It's not the pregnancy that's the problem. It's that that's all there is. There's no real acknowledgment that she's been pregnant twice before and it went incredibly badly both times. No nightmares about loss which is insane considering the miscarriage, Franco, being abandoned by her husband and then his death. There's no acknowledgement that her newly undead husband obviously has (more!) brain damage. No adjustment period for Danny while getting to know their son after missing out on the first years of his life. No real story 

Completely agree. But I also have a problem with the pregnancy itself, lol. One kid was enough for JaSam.

• Love 2

Shocked that Jordan and Alexis are aware their kids have been dating for 12 years.

Fell asleep during the Dullen/Kaka scenes.

Fell asleep during the Kaka/Julian/Ava scenes.

The Davis thanksgiving was the only thing that didn't completely bore me, but even that was underwhelming. I could've done without seeing Andre and this whole *alcoholic* thing needs to be cancelled. 

I hope Lucy was smart enough to put fake pills in the safe.

• Love 2

We can't be absolutely sure that Max and Diane were having a Thanksgiving fight--right? Alexis might have made it up to get away, or maybe Diane had told her about it at some point, but that wasn't shown.

So is it possible that the patient Andre urgently had to see/talk to on TG was Diane?

• Love 1
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm slightly flummoxed why Curtis cares that something is "off" in his investigation. He got paid, presumably quite well (and with two weeks' severance!), so why continue? If they don't know what to do with him (they don't), have him help Finn track down the magic potion he needs to keep himself and Rebecca Budig alive. I'd prefer that to yet another character getting sucked into the Sonny vortex.

To be fair, when was the last time this show had plot that made any sense? Curtis isn't some goody two shoes guy. He is an independent private investigator. He does a job for pay. Not to be helpful to justice. Julian paid him, decided he was done with the search. Why the fuck would Curtis stay on it? Put him in HeyChel's orbit. Have Ava hire him to get back whatever crap Carly(?) has on her regarding Avery's custody. Have Laura hire him to do a real deep background check on Valentin.  Anything is better than this junk.

14 hours ago, Darklazr said:

November sweeps are boring, AF.  Where is the drama and overall soapyness of the show?  What happened to Sam's curse?  What happened to Helena's will presents for Elizabeth, Lulu and Laura?  Why is HateChel a Hardy/Webber when I still don't give a flying fuck about the character?  Why is Franco still on this show?  I don't care bout Nelle anymore.  Sonny will never pay for anything.  Lante, JaSam, Naxie, Friz, etc... are all boring and so need to breakup and move on.

Preach it!

11 hours ago, Lillybee said:

I don't understand why Alexis is the one with the drinking problem but not Sonny. He almost always has a drink in his hand,

And gee, what happens when you mix drugs with alcohol, Sonny? If only he had an example of mixing bi polar meds with alcohol with tragic results. *CourtneyEyeRoll* 

Dillon, maybe it would be nice of you to mention visiting your traumatized sister for the holiday. Perhaps drop a text to your half brother, who is also dealing with the news of his father being a waked out serial killer. But hey, you ate a crummy turkey burger with Lauren!

I don't get this show. Why is it show hard to have Turkey Day split for some characters (like Jason and Sam). Early dinner with one side of the family. Evening meal at the other family's celebration. Did it for most of my life. Granted, I didn't have divorced parents. But guess what, Thanksgiving and Christmas we did the same thing every year until the grandparents passed away. It isn't like JaSam's families are hours apart.

• Love 5

This show has made me so sick of baby stories.

since we're not going to see felicias dinner why couldn't Lucy and Scotty mention going to spend time with Serena offscreen.I mean even Anna gets to go see Robin offscreen lol.

5 hours ago, stlbf said:

I don't get this show. Why is it show hard to have Turkey Day split for some characters (like Jason and Sam). Early dinner with one side of the family. Evening meal at the other family's celebration. 

They're too cheap to do that and too dumb and/or lazy to realize they could just have the characters say that was going to happen and not have to actually show it.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Talk about heavy-handed, though. Bourbon-glazed sweet potatoes? White wine and prosecco? The Maddox family after-dinner tradition, the Godfather? I'm surprised Sam's green bean casserole didn't have sherry in it and there aren't rum balls for dessert. Sheesh. And then all those closeups of glasses? At least try to be a bit more subtle.

I'm surprised they didn't have a fleet of broken-down vans filled with wine that they need to store NOW in Alexis' house because Commercial Break.

Today's the Quartermaine Thanksgiving Song, shared with Sonnyness.

(One of these days, the Q's will decide to have pizza, only to have the nearby pizzeria burn down, and someone drops off a complete turkey dinner.)

Scotty switching the pills with real lithium is the smartest thing done in this whole Morgan's pills saga. And even with this missing piece, Sonny Poirot will jump-logic conclude that Ava put in fake pills  because Sonny Ruins Everything.

I'm surprised he and Jason haven't figured out who YetAnotherDeadBigBad is already, and defeated him.

• Love 10

Can we just have an entire episode of Avery and people reacting to her? She was the best part about this episode! 

"Where'd she go?" 

(Kiki and Dillon sharing the turkey burger and him sharing the pizza story was cute too, but not as cute as Avery). 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

I'm surprised they didn't have a fleet of broken-down vans filled with wine that they need to store NOW in Alexis' house because Commercial Break.

Hee. Or Alexis wins a Thanksgiving Day–only booze sweepstakes.

4 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

(One of these days, the Q's will decide to have pizza, only to have the nearby pizzeria burn down, and someone drops off a complete turkey dinner.)

I really want this to happen.

• Love 5

Michael not being at Quartermaine Thanksgiving was garbage.  Maybe it makes sense that he'd be with his mom given Morgan's death, but his absence from the family gathering wasn't even noted!

Relatedly, we know from yesterday that Felicia is hosting dinner.  I get Maxie and Nathan had to be at Lulu and Dante's for the wedding, but that's more sloppy writing.

• Love 5

Wow way to screw the Lante fans over with that half assed wedding. Im not a fan of them (I dont dislike them) but jeez what a lame wedding. Dante -  the one who cheated didnt even get vows. It was all Lulu again. 

Im here for Nelle screwing Carson over. Heheh.

I enjoyed the Qs today. The only good part.

• Love 7

I was so hoping that Sonny was going to fling his glass across the room. It feels like it's been forever since we've seen a proper Sonny temper tantrum. Jax never fails to get under his skin, probably because he knows Jax is twice the man he is.

I'm glad they showed the Quartermaine group, but Michael, Jason, and Danny really should have been there. 

How many people has Alexis hit with her car now? She had this look on her face like, "Shit, again!?"

• Love 7

I am so tired of the wallowing of these elderly babies.  I'm not an ageist; in fact, I'm older than both Sonny and Alexis, but I just want to slap the crap out of both of them.  Maybe when they were handing out empathy, I was somewhere else.  Pull yourselves together and move on...geez.

• Love 2

I appreciated the Lante wedding being an intimate affair. The small guest list almost allowed me to ignore the absence of Lucky. Lulu looked pretty in her red dress.

At the beginning of the episode I was thinking Laura & Sonny could make sense as friends. By the end I was back to wanting Sonny to drink himself to death. If Nelle's super secret scheme is just to meddle in Carly's love life I'm going to be really let down.

Hopefully Alexis hitting Julian will result in his death. I think I need to brace myself for how annoyed I'm going to be if she takes him back.

• Love 1

Is it a coincidence that Alexis on GH and Annalise on HTGWM are both drinking like fishes?

GH is starting to feel like the show is wrapping up stories.  Lante married, again.  JaSam having another kid.  Maxie getting married, etc...

I am starting to think FV does not know how to put on a soap opera, but is able to keep it under budget.  GH has been shitty as heck with long term story now that RC is gone.  It makes me wonder if the previous HW under FV were the ones that kept the ship afloat.

That wedding was pathetic. I feel like an equal amount of time was spent on the Sonny/Dante phone call.  I did like Lulu's red dress, but all the more reason to wait till Christmas, cause it was kinda Christmas-y.

On the upside, lol at Dante's least-effort phone call to Sonny. "Hey, we're all having fun here! But - um, if you get lonely, I'll call you again later! I will totally do it!" Well I suppose it was slightly more effort than a text. And I did like everyone's interactions before the wedding. I like all those people. Mostly. Nathan is fine when he's not the focus, and Olivia is fine with her family, but otherwise oh good lord shut the hell up and stop badgering Carly. It's too bad Thanksgiving isn't lasting an episode longer and Tracy and Ned could come over and interact, but no, we have to get to Nelle's seduction of sadsack right away.

Carly knows she's talking to Jax when she says stuff like, "maybe I'm being unfair to Sonny, he did try to change for me", right?

Nelle is slightly less aggravating to me with her hair like that. 

Wow, Alexis running over Julian, nice FLYING JACKET show. 

I feel like today was for both the Sonny lovers and haters. "Don't you all feel sorry for Sonny? He's all alone!" but it could also be, "haha look, no one came over to see Sonny." Well, except Laura. But she vamoosed quickly.

Do Ned and Dillon check where their Eddie Maine gold star record/college thesis is every day? Monica was going to play tennis on Thanksgiving? Okay then!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Do Ned and Dillon check where their Eddie Maine gold star record/college thesis every day? Monica was going to play tennis on Thanksgiving? Okay then!

Monica, Dillon, and Ned suck. Tracy was hardly holding anything hostage. At least everyone came around.

Carly's Thanksgiving dinner was eaten as quickly as Alexis's. Heh.

At last, Nelly's plan is starting (sort of). She's lucky Sonny didn't shoot her while she dangled Jax and Carly in front of him.

There was no reason Sonny couldn't have people over for Thanksgiving. The show is writing it like it's impossible for people to get there. It's Sonny who can't leave. The pity party is entirely of his own making. Gah.

Shut up, Olivia. Sonny didn't change his ways for anyone.

I FFed the Lulu/Dante wedding. Their "divorce" was pointless in the first place.

Alexis running over Julian was UCG.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, backhometome said:

Wow way to screw the Lante fans over with that half assed wedding. Im not a fan of them (I dont dislike them) but jeez what a lame wedding. Dante -  the one who cheated didnt even get vows. It was all Lulu again. 

Maybe they plan on merging Dante's old vows with Lulu's new ones. They didn't have to re-do footage because DZ was playing Dante at the last wedding!

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Michael not being at Quartermaine Thanksgiving was garbage.  Maybe it makes sense that he'd be with his mom given Morgan's death, but his absence from the family gathering wasn't even noted!

Yeah, what was that? Like I said, it's too bad they couldn't've stretched out Thanksgiving an extra day. No reason they couldn't just merge the celebrations and have Mac/Felicia/Anna/Griff/Tracy/Ned over at Lulu and Dante's too for a reception or something. And since Sonny was absent*, it would have been okay for Monica to be there too. Dillon would have been a bit awkward, but what the hell.

*oh, I forgot, the other upside! Crap ass wedding but at least Sonny wasn't there, again. They should just get divorced and re-married every year and find a new reason not to invite Sonny.

23 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

GH is starting to feel like the show is wrapping up stories.  Lante married, again.  JaSam having another kid.  Maxie getting married, etc...

I was wondering if there might be a chance they'll send Naxie off into the sunset together. At first I was speculating Nathan might leave around January but KSt looks pretty unwell. Maybe they'll just leave together.

Oh, and I forgot to say, I was irritated at Tracy being all "oh it's a shame Finn and Hayden aren't here." I'm not even a huge Q fan but no it's not a shame the revenant and Greenlee weren't there at the QUARTERMAINE thanksgiving.

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

There was no reason Sonny couldn't have people over for Thanksgiving. The show is writing it like it's impossible for people to get there. It's Sonny who can't leave. The pity party is entirely of his own making. Gah.

During his poor me scenes today I was trying to figure out how many days we are into said pity party … 20? … 100?  Time to move on for cripes sake. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Killing off Morgan was a bad idea. Not that they can't un-do it, but they should have just recast right away. The idea that it's impossible to recast Bryan Craig is inane.

I disagree.   The show should have gone balls to the walls and killed off Morgan and Kiki in the car bomb at the hands of Sonny and Ava.  Avery turns out to be Morgan's child.  Sonny and Ava are now locked in a forever battle of hatred that leads to Carly walking in on the two having hate sex in their marital bed and she shoots the sick duo.

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Killing off Morgan was a bad idea. Not that they can't un-do it, but they should have just recast right away. The idea that it's impossible to recast Bryan Craig is inane.

Do we know Morgan won't be recast? It doesn't look like it will happen in the near future, but given that there was no body, it seems unlikely Morgan is dead dead.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Nelle is slightly less aggravating to me with her hair like that. 

Right!

This episode, like yesterday's, was boring but OK.

I was really hoping the Q's would have turkey for Thanksgiving finally and then they did the truly inane thing of having the turkey being marinated with Finn's bacteria or whatever. So dumb. They need to move on from this pizza thing.

I loled so hard when Alexis ran over Julian. Such UCG. I loved it.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Maybe they plan on merging Dante's old vows with Lulu's new ones. They didn't have to re-do footage because DZ was playing Dante at the last wedding!

Yeah, what was that? Like I said, it's too bad they couldn't've stretched out Thanksgiving an extra day. No reason they couldn't just merge the celebrations and have Mac/Felicia/Anna/Griff/Tracy/Ned over at Lulu and Dante's too for a reception or something. And since Sonny was absent*, it would have been okay for Monica to be there too. Dillon would have been a bit awkward, but what the hell.

*oh, I forgot, the other upside! Crap ass wedding but at least Sonny wasn't there, again. They should just get divorced and re-married every year and find a new reason not to invite Sonny.

I was wondering if there might be a chance they'll send Naxie off into the sunset together. At first I was speculating Nathan might leave around January but KSt looks pretty unwell. Maybe they'll just leave together.

Oh, and I forgot to say, I was irritated at Tracy being all "oh it's a shame Finn and Hayden aren't here." I'm not even a huge Q fan but no it's not a shame the revenant and Greenlee weren't there at the QUARTERMAINE thanksgiving.

The cast is still bloated as heck.  Why have a serial killer, car accidents or lab accident and NOT kill off the dead weight?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Nelle is slightly less aggravating to me with her hair like that. 

Agreed, the slight "I'm FINALLY launching a scheme" waves were nice.  She looked good, which made Sonny look creepy and gross next to her, especially with the aggressive braying.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I loled so hard when Alexis ran over Julian. Such UCG. I loved it.

I want it to happen in every episode.

Lante's wedding was a joke. But their relationship has turned into a joke, so it fits.

Why are the writers so obsessed with Sam's happiness? So much so that there are always characters commenting on it? Is this an excuse to continue to give her nothing? 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I want it to happen in every episode.

Lante's wedding was a joke. But their relationship has turned into a joke, so it fits.

Why are the writers so obsessed with Sam's happiness? So much so that there are always characters commenting on it? Is this an excuse to continue to give her nothing? 

It's a huge sign that they have no idea what to do with this character or anyone not named Sonny and Carly.

• Love 2

If it was coming from someone other than her mother then I would find it odd but it wasnt. Especially since she had a horrible pregnancy last time and was recently in the hospital. *shrugs* 

• Love 2

Doesn't Alexis have a restraining order on Julian? When he stalks her, as he did in the bar, she should calmly pick up her phone and call the police. Then DO NOT TALK WITH JULIAN. DO NOT CONVERSE.Alexis not only talked to her stalker--she put her hands on his arm and hand. That behavior is not going to discourage the stalker.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Darklazr said:

I disagree.   The show should have gone balls to the walls and killed off Morgan and Kiki in the car bomb at the hands of Sonny and Ava.  Avery turns out to be Morgan's child.  Sonny and Ava are now locked in a forever battle of hatred that leads to Carly walking in on the two having hate sex in their marital bed and she shoots the sick duo.

Well, if they killed all of them, that would be swell.

But I do think Morgan should be around if Sonny and Carly are. They need someone causing crap for them, even unintentionally.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Do we know Morgan won't be recast? It doesn't look like it will happen in the near future, but given that there was no body, it seems unlikely Morgan is dead dead.

No, we don't, and they probably will, but I just think it was a bad idea not to do it right off.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, backhometome said:

If it was coming from someone other than her mother then I would find it odd but it wasnt. Especially since she had a horrible pregnancy last time and was recently in the hospital. *shrugs* 

I understand, but it's been happening consistently since at least 2013. Various characters have made similar comments about her happiness and I don't really see it done with anyone else.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I understand, but it's been happening consistently since at least 2013. Various characters have made similar comments about her happiness and I don't really see it done with anyone else.

It used to happen with Michael for a good long while. Michael could be flaying someone's face off and people would just be like, "poor Michael! He's been through so much! He deserves some happiness." 

• Love 2

I'm back after another hiatus brought on by the state of things much bigger than this show. Eventually, I returned to my DVR after I needed a gigantic distraction from the real world. I might as well be angry and yell at people where it gives me some satisfaction.

So anyway, I had to wade through a lot of shit. Liz fans, I don't even know what to say. I truly do feel sorry for you (and you know I don't even like her). Some days I was completely grossed out.

That whole Charlotte custody thing might have been the stupidest we've seen in a while, and that's saying something. WHO FUCKING CARES? And Griffin's known her for like THREE. DAYS. Ugh. Just talking about it pisses me off even more.

Tired of hearing Morgan's name. Although I did love the younger ones supporting each other at the funeral. Not nearly enough of that. Really love Molly's hair. Haley is just growing up gorgeous.

STFU, Sonny. As always. You're still guilty in my book.

Jax, I love you. Please stay. You can even kiss Carly again if you want. But just stick around and then when you do go, take Joss with you when Carly inevitably turns to Sonny.

Yesterday was probably my favorite show - it had a lot that I love: Ava/Avery, my Coven, Scott/Lucy, Killon, and best of all, not a Corinthii in sight.

My favorite scenes were Hayden and Curtis. She was so happy to see him, it was adorable.

I laughed hysterically at Alexis running over Julian. It was reminiscent of the dream sequence of Nik being shot (by Lucky) after finding out about Niz.

About damn time, Nelle.

Liked seeing the Q's Thanksgiving traditions (the song got me a little teary), but Michael should have split time. These families are all so small now.

Oh, and still love Ava and Avery makes my ovaries hurt.

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It used to happen with Michael for a good long while. Michael could be flaying someone's face off and people would just be like, "poor Michael! He's been through so much! He deserves some happiness." 

So dumb. Being a protected character in a bubble is lame and sucks for the actor.

21 minutes ago, ulkis said:

oh, I read that DZ said Dante's vows were edited out. Keep on making the good choices, FV!

Stop it.

Why is Alexis the only one depicted as an out of control drunk?  Except for the church and the PCPD, Sonny has had a drink in his hand for practically every scene.  And he's not drinking wine.  And she's not on bi-polar meds.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was really hoping the Q's would have turkey for Thanksgiving finally and then they did the truly inane thing of having the turkey being marinated with Finn's bacteria or whatever. So dumb.

They clearly need to fire Cook #2, as if she can't read the difference between something labelled bacteria and something labelled brine she's got no right being in a kitchen.

You know, I never thought GH would find a creepier child actor than the old Jake, but they've done it again with Rocco.  Kid has "future serial killer" written all over him.

• Love 5

They said it had been since 1994, right? And obviously, I haven't seen every Thanksgiving since then, since I didn't start watching regularly until late 2008, early 2009. But has every single year been a different reason? I think it's kind of cool that they keep coming up with different ideas. But I guess they've probably repeated themselves at times.

I don't know why I'm trying to defend this show. Really. It doesn't deserve it. But sometimes I like to play devil's advocate.

Where the hell is Ric?! I miss him. The Sonny-hating version, that is, not that crap that was his last stint. I need him to meet up with Jax for the I Hate Sonny Club meetings.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Why is Alexis the only one depicted as an out of control drunk?  Except for the church and the PCPD, Sonny has had a drink in his hand for practically every scene.  And he's not drinking wine.  And she's not on bi-polar meds.

Alexis isn't fat, so I'm stumped.

• Love 13

I don't know why the writers felt the need to give Dante and Lulu another wedding, a lame ass cheap ass basic one at that. They should've just had the divorce not go through because reasons.

The two second Carly/Jax/Joss/Michael thanksgiving was nice, despite Nelly's unnecessary appearance. 

I REALLY hope Sonny ends up shooting Nelly dead.

Alexis running over Julian was my favorite part of the episode. I hope he lapses into a permanent coma or immediately dies. Now she needs to aim her car at Ava, Kiki, and Sonny. 

• Love 3

Tracy doing research on what normal families do on Thanksgiving was a riot.  When she asked if anyone wanted to play a board game I lost it because that activity always leads to fights in my family.  The day goes smoothly in my family until someone says "What's that supposed to mean?" and then all hell breaks loose.  

I love Jax.  Besides the Quartermaines, he seems to be the only Port Charles resident who is a 100% Sonny non-apologist.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 11