Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Today on Paraphrase Hospital:  

Kristina:  I'm a brat, I'm a brat, I'm a brat, I'm a brat, I'M A BRAT (in the tone of "I'm the map" from Dora the Explorer)

Franco to Liz:  There can only be one rapist in your life so I'm going to have to eliminate the other one.

MIchael:  Let me eulogize my brother, well not Morgan but some other kid that sounds like he was a nice guy

Nelle:  Oooh look what I have in my purse.  Nope not the card from Sonny.  Fake out.  Here are some earrings instead.  Can't have my story start too soon, I mean, I've been here for months now.

Sonny:  Morgan, Morgan, Morgan.  Can we stop talking about that kid and talk about me for awhile.  Me, me, me and that other guy but mostly me.  

• Love 16
1 hour ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Can Sonny just pull the damned trigger already?  This is his second "I'm gonna kill myself" moment in the last 4 weeks, just do it and get it over with.

If it can ricochet, hit a few others along with him, then travel around PC and take out still a few more? I'm down with this.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

If it can ricochet, hit a few others along with him, then travel around PC and take out still a few more? I'm down with this.

Hey, that could be great. But I will be thrilled with Sonny being dead.

• Love 7

Did Robin tell anyone about Sonny wanting to commit suicide on the bridge?  I know she had drinks with Anna and listened to the priest drone on and on, but I don't recall her telling anyone "Sonny had a gun and was going to kill himself."

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Robin didn't have scenes with anyone else. Just Sonny/Anna/Griffin.

Then she made up an emergency to get the hell away from all those people.

Can you blame her?

• Love 3

Thanks HeatLifer.  See, this is the sort of stuff that drives me nuts.  Robin did not tell ANYONE. I can understand her not going to Michael or Carly, but she doesn't tell Jason or Sam? She doesn't tell her own mother? People who could watch Sonny more closely. Robin is a freaking DOCTOR, Sonny is her friend and she just leaves him to his own devices?  Jesus, these writers do EVERYTHING wrong.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Vella said:

Thanks HeatLifer.  See, this is the sort of stuff that drives me nuts.  Robin did not tell ANYONE. I can understand her not going to Michael or Carly, but she doesn't tell Jason or Sam? She doesn't tell her own mother? People who could watch Sonny more closely. Robin is a freaking DOCTOR, Sonny is her friend and she just leaves him to his own devices?  Jesus, these writers do EVERYTHING wrong.

She should have had a scene with Jason. And if they couldn't do that, she should have been with Carly or Michael. Unfortunately, these writers thought it was more important to waste her on stupid Griffin, her mother, and that kid. 

But I'm also not going to overthink it. She's not on the show full-time for me to discuss why she didn't do this or that as a character. But that's just me.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Liz (on the phone): Hey Robin, I heard you were in town.  I thought I'd stop by, I have sooo much to tell you about my new relationship with Franco.

Robin: ...oh shoot, there's an emergency at my hospital back home.  Gotta fly!

Liz: Oh darn, well how about I drive you to the airport and we can talk on the....

(dial tone)

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Kristina:  I'm a brat, I'm a brat, I'm a brat, I'm a brat, I'M A BRAT (in the tone of "I'm the map" from Dora the Explorer)

Franco to Liz:  There can only be one rapist in your life so I'm going to have to eliminate the other one.

MIchael:  Let me eulogize my brother, well not Morgan but some other kid that sounds like he was a nice guy

Nelle:  Oooh look what I have in my purse.  Nope not the card from Sonny.  Fake out.  Here are some earrings instead.  Can't have my story start too soon, I mean, I've been here for months now.

Sonny:  Morgan, Morgan, Morgan.  Can we stop talking about that kid and talk about me for awhile.  Me, me, me and that other guy but mostly me.  

Bless you, Perkie. You made me laugh tonight, and I *really* needed that. I think I like this even better than your last one. 

1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Liz (on the phone): Hey Robin, I heard you were in town.  I thought I'd stop by, I have sooo much to tell you about my new relationship with Franco.

Liz: Oh darn, well how about I drive you to the airport and we can talk on the....

(dial tone)

LMAO. This is what happened and no one can convince me otherwise.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Don't you think we're in the minority, though? I think most Sam fans like her how she is now. They think she's matured and older and are OK with her not doing questionable or shady shit.

I think a lot of them say that because that's how they write it. I think a lot of people would have fun with sassy Sam if she ever returned.

But honestly, I don't think Sam has ever really been portrayed as a bad girl, except right at the very beginning when she debuted and during Liason. Otherwise, while she was a mob moll, she's never really actually been that sassy or that bad. 

• Love 2

Seriously, people, this is the Morgan Corinthos funeral.  Did you ever meet him?  He was an asshat on a good day.

Set design knew that Morgan wasn't worthy of a flower arrangement for the casket.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Now for my soapbox moment.....we get days and days of Morgan's funeral, a secondary character at best, but Frank could only give Edward Quartermaine, a rich, legendary character who'd been part of this show for 30 years, little more than a segment.  Yes, I know it's been several years since Edward died, but at the time it felt like a horrendous disservice and it still does, especially after I watch all the wailing for Morgan add to that the wailing that went on for Sabrina and I just get a little stabby.  (stepping off the box).

Yeah, but Edward's memorial felt way more heartfelt at least. Sabrina and Morgan's feel very cold.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Don't you think we're in the minority, though? I think most Sam fans like her how she is now. They think she's matured and older and are OK with her not doing questionable or shady shit.

The only people fine with her now are the Jasam fans that are scared that if they bitch to much to Jelly and Frank to much that they will break them up or something.

Sam fans want her to be able to react to the shit that has happened to her. This Zen Sam shit has gone on for years now and I, for one, am sick of this shit.

• Love 8

Aw, liked the little moment of Dante helping Anna with her coat off.

Speaking of, I'm not mad at Kristina for holding the Sonny baton. Coulda been Dante. Thanks for taking one for the team, K!

Which brings me to, shaddup Olivia. There's something extra cloying about how she sucks up to Sonny.

This henchman looks like Carlos.

Michael hugging the girls was sweet.

They slipped in clips of Hayden while Joss was singing? Way to turn that completely about Hayden.

Someone mentioned they love Amazing Grace. I haaaate it. No, I don't have a heart, why do you ask? 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Eyeroll at Kristina for continuing to be a brat toward Carly about Jax after Carly explained he's there to support Josslyn because "she lost her brother, too." Although I'm slightly amused by Carly shading her own dead son with the Kristina temper comparison.

Shut up, Alexis. Jax does not deserve any attitude from you.  He was right to say that to Sonny.

It doesn't help that the actress playing Kristina has really bad Resting Bitch Face, so it's like twice as bad when they have her being a brat (which is always).  I LOL'd that her great comeback to Carly's "Jax is here to support Josslyn" comment was "then why'd he walk in with you?"  Yeah, girl, law school is really mourning the fact you're not attending with those argumentative skills.

Another LOL was Alexis being so self-involved that she thinks Julian would give a flying rat's ass about "seeking revenge" at Morgan's funeral.  He's too busy trying to order an omelette at the Metro Court.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Which brings me to, shaddup Olivia. There's something extra cloying about how she sucks up to Sonny.

I so wanted Olivia to look Sonny in the eye and point to Morgan's coffin and say "This is why I kept our son a secret from you.  It still would be my secret if you had not shot Dante in the chest at point blank range.."

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

LOL.  I can't get that song out of my head now.  When my 10 year old niece was a toddler it all Dora all day and that song has haunted me for years.  Even the mention of the word "map" puts that song in my head.    I even do a little dance in my head to that tune.

• Love 6

I still can't believe they are giving Sam and Jason another kid. With their supposed dangerous life it Never made sense for them to have the first one! And yes I admit this Liz fan is pissed they get the happy ending and she gets....Franco.

and Ingo is back? Aww man.....NO. Still not gonna come back to this crapfest. Rather just read the snark. 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It doesn't help that the actress playing Kristina has really bad Resting Bitch Face, so it's like twice as bad when they have her being a brat (which is always).  I LOL'd that her great comeback to Carly's "Jax is here to support Josslyn" comment was "then why'd he walk in with you?"  Yeah, girl, law school is really mourning the fact you're not attending with those argumentative skills.

LOL!! Thanks for that. Now I *really* wish Joss had overheard the exchange between her mom and step-sis, and shaded her that way. That would be the one good reason to see GH today  - well, other than Molly's new hairdo that is.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

I so wanted Olivia to look Sonny in the eye and point to Morgan's coffin and say "This is why I kept our son a secret from you.  It still would be my secret if you had not shot Dante in the chest at point blank range.."

SERIOUSLY. How sad is it that 15 year-old Backstory Olivia is so much smarter than... well, pretty much any version of Olivia we've actually seen onscreen? Sonny-propping from her might actually make less sense than from anyone else if you stop to think about it for ten seconds.

• Love 5

So it's totally fine for a serial killer rapist and a terrorist to be on the payroll but Fin's little lab incident is just too much for the board to handle? 

I LOVE that Bobbie has no use for Nelly.

Kristina needs to be punched in the face five times.

LW is awesome.

The funeral was cheap and embarrassing and Jelly are trash. I'll be in the minority and say I don't think even piece of shit Sonny would disrespect his son's funeral like this. Maybe immediately before and after, but not during the actual service. At the very least he wouldn't want to look *weak* by contemplating suicide in front of family (if that's where this is going).

I didn't have a problem with Morgan's family whitewashing him. This is what often happens when someone dies. Their loved ones look for good things to say about them while ignoring the bad. I didn't seriously expect anyone to start criticizing or mocking him at his own funeral. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Vella said:

Yes, yes, yes.  She's a con artist at the core. It would have been just her thing to hold onto the truth so she could twist the knife in Alexis. But then she changed her mind and nobody was asking for DNA tests for proof, so she let it lie. She told Jason, who never gave a shit about Alexis anyway and was fine with keeping quiet.  And Helena would just LOVE to rub the truth in Alexis' face. To know all along Alexis was bonding with a phony?  Maybe to raise Alexis' REAL long lost daughter to hate her mother? Yes, yes, yes, steal away writers!

Sam hated Alexis much more than Alexis hated her. She didn't stand to gain any money or power or respectability by pretending to be being Alexis' daughter so I highly doubt simply hurting her would've been a good enough motivation. She would've ended up punishing herself more than she punished Alexis. And what exactly would change now if it turns out Sam did lie? Sam is very close with her mother and sisters, and while they may be upset/hurt/confused, I doubt they would just tell her to fuck off and act like the last decade never happened. Just because Sam wouldn't be biologically related to them doesn't mean they wouldn't still consider her family. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 10

LMAOOOOO @ the way Jason walked in all "Hi! You need to answer a few questions!" I.am.crying.

@ulkis Dante asked if Robin was coming and then had a little smile when Anna said Robin wanted to be there for him and Sonny. Um, it's happpppening. ;)

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

@ulkis Dante asked if Robin was coming and then had a little smile when Anna said Robin wanted to be there for him and Sonny. Um, it's happpppening. ;)

Fuck Dante for smiling about Robin. Why is he thinking about other women in any capacity after he fucked that girl? He shouldn't even be left alone in a room with a woman who isn't a blood relative. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Perkie said:

This sounds strangely accurate.   I can almost picture this as a really odd musical episode, too.  And I am disgusted, not romanced by this Franco/Liz story.  My God, Jelly, stop ruining my good memories of OLTL in the 90s.  This is not Todd and Rebecca.  Todd would have murdered Franco in the face by now just for being whiny af and making bad art.  The real Todd Manning, not the watered down version that came to GH.  And Morgan was a douche during his adult years.  But at least Chad got emotional scenes, so there's that.  Now, Michael, remember who is responsible for all the death in your life- Sonny.   And Sonny, either pull the trigger or have a Quartermaine sue your ass.   God, where are you undead AJ?  I don't care about Nelle's earrings. 

5 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

LMAOOOOO @ the way Jason walked in all "Hi! You need to answer a few questions!" I.am.crying.

As someone who hates the words "embryo" and is generally bored by Lulu, I support a Robin/Dante pairing.  God, it'd be beautiful.   Unless it's Dante/Anna and Robin is supporting it.  Basically, DZ needs to be paired in a stronger story with a better actress.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Sam hated Alexis much more than Alexis hated her. She didn't stand to gain any money or power or respectability by pretending to be being Alexis' daughter so I highly doubt simply hurting her would've been a good enough motivation. She would've ended up punishing herself more than she punished Alexis. And what exactly would change now if it turns out Sam did lie? Sam is very close with her mother and sisters, and while they may be upset/hurt/confused, I doubt they would just tell her to fuck off and act like the last decade never happened. Just because Sam wouldn't be biologically related to them doesn't mean they wouldn't still consider her family. 

But the real question is this:  Would Sam get drunk and bang Julian?   I had to ask.   I mean, this makes the whole Ric thing for naught and that was actually a pretty awesome revenge move.  I was kinda proud of Sam then.  It was so soapy. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

(dial tone)

Can I just say that I love you?  I've been catching up on school work after health stuff.  (Ovarian/pelvic multicystic mass that I'm being referred to a gynoncologist for) So, I'm catching up on the comments here during a break.   I miss this board so much.  

15 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I think most of her fans like how much Sam has learned from her previous mistakes and matured but they also hate how zen they have made Sam. Most of the fans would love it if Sam was just bitchy toward those she dislikes/hates. However, if you look at the character Sam should be mad such as Franco, Julian, Liz, Nick, Laura, etc. It is characters the writers used to do something bad but at the same time they didn't want these characters being held accountable thus silencing Sam. How can Sam be mad or try to kill Franco when the writers are doing everything they can to make him a viable character/romantic lead(ugh)?

I mean I loved 2007 Sam but those were different writers. Those writers were not afraid to let their characters insult and hate each other. These writers don't know how to write for layered characters. Everyone had become two dimensional. All of these characters lack depth. It is not something Sam alone is suffering from. 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

"Aaargh. Give me ye're secrets or I'll steal all ye dubloons!"

@ULKIS Dante asked if Robin was coming and then had a little smile when Anna said Robin wanted to be there for him and Sonny. Um, it's happpppening. ;)

Oooh I noticed. I noticed.Which, although, darn it, I was hoping Robin would actually be there.

3 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Fuck Dante for smiling about Robin. Why is he thinking about other women in any capacity after he fucked that girl? He shouldn't even be left alone in a room with a woman who isn't a blood relative. 

It's Robin! He's enthused cause she's like the pope of Port Charles! :p 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, MissL said:

I still can't believe they are giving Sam and Jason another kid. With their supposed dangerous life it Never made sense for them to have the first one! And yes I admit this Liz fan is pissed they get the happy ending and she gets....Franco.

and Ingo is back? Aww man.....NO. Still not gonna come back to this crapfest. Rather just read the snark. 

Who cares about Elizabeth Imogene Webber when IIC are still trying to make Franco/RoHo happen on this show!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Can I just say that I love you?  I've been catching up on school work after health stuff.  (Ovarian/pelvic multicystic mass that I'm being referred to a gynoncologist for) So, I'm catching up on the comments here during a break.   I miss this board so much.  

I went through a similar health issue a while back, Chairperson. Sending good thoughts your way in hopes that everything is  resolved quickly. If you're in pain, may the drugs help. And they can probably help while you're watching GH, too. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Sam hated Alexis for EVERYTHING. Like choosing to live for her children instead of refusing the cure because that meant Danny, who was next in line, would die. Or the Manny debacle where again, Alexis was threatened with going to jail and losing her child if she didn't defend Manny and Sam constantly acted like Alexis chose to defend Manny to get back at Sam. It was totally ridiculous. Even after things settled down, she was in a state of eye rolling, sighing at how the Davis family wanted her to be a part of their family, or prickling at how Alexis parented her child.  So at the time? Hurting Alexis by pretending to be her daughter and then knifing her in the back? Right up Sam's "it's all YOUR FAULT!" mentality.  I mean, that was entirely the point of seducing Ric, to blow up Alexis' family, which she successfully did, although she pretended to be a victim there too.

And yes, I think Krolly would absolutely have issues with the woman who lied and wormed her way into their lives, pretending to be their sister, causing absolute heartache for their mother. It's a huge betrayal. Not to mention that there is still a long lost sister/brother out there they've been denied. Alexis being denied her first born because Sam decided to stop destroying Alexis' family and accept her role as fawned over eldest daughter.  They wouldn't just say "oh, that's okay, we still love you!"  They'd be conflicted but they'd see that she was always a con artist and user, and even if her feelings for the Davis family became genuine, it doesn't change what she ultimately did. Granted, this story could not be told by current writers, it needs actual talent who know what they're doing.

• Love 3

I'm sure there's a fanfic for that already. 

But if any part of Sam's parentage was going to change I wish it was Julian. I wasn't a fan of the character or the casting before the writers decided that Alexis was so desperate about him that she'd become an alcoholic.  Sure she witnessed her mother's murder, was ripped away from her sister, was raised in a home with her mother's murderer, her father took her daughter from her, she's weathered Sonny, Ric the death of her sister and cancer - but the destruction of her marriage to fuckin Julian is what drives her into the bottle? K. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 11
17 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Sounds like a pointless visit. I guess a pay check is a pay check!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Sounds like a pointless visit. I guess a pay check is a pay check!

I don't think any of her visits are pointless. I like that she's still a part of the show and Frank figured out how to make it work without tying her to a huge story that she can't really be a part of. Kim loves this show. I may not understand it, but she does.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Alexis could have said exactly the same thing (except for the bullet thing).  Sigh.

53 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

But if any part of Sam's parentage was going to change I wish it was Julian.

Same here. Before they decided to make Julian Sam's father, Alexis always said he was a very bad man and refused to talk about him. Julian is a pretty ineffectual bad guy. He has his moments of brutality, but for the most part he's kind of a wienie.

• Love 8

I'm not mad at Kristina for holding the Sonny baton. Coulda been Dante. Thanks for taking one for the team, K!

Excellent point.  Plus I don't think Lexi' on contract, right?  Which means Kristina will be back in the closet by Tuesday.  

Alexis being so self-involved that she thinks Julian would give a flying rat's ass about "seeking revenge" at Morgan's funeral. 

But that's exactly what Sonny would have done if the roles were reversed.  Didn't he have some mass shootout during Good Friday mass or something?  And he used Joss christening to have Dante/Dominic killed.  

• Love 3

Here's a question, why did the writers deliberately have the Davis coven leave before Sonny's little "look at me show"?  It was a very obvious, "Sam has had enough, let's get her home" and all four of them got up and left the church.  Was it just because Haley and Lexi have reached their maximums for the month?  Just seemed very weird to me, like there was a specific purpose that they didn't want them in the church during that scene.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Which means Kristina will be back in the closet by Tuesday. 

No pun intended, I'm sure. ;)

Speaking of, way to look ridiculous, Frank, bragging your ass off about Kristina's story and then completely curbing it.

• Love 5

Good grief, show.  Why can't you just write a damned story that has Sonny and Ava responsible for the deaths of Morgan and Kiki and stop with this good mobster, BS.   Of course, it would have been awesome if both sycophants were rushed to the hospital and they died AFTER we find out that Avery is Morgan's baby and Kiki is Franco's! Franco was conning folks this entire time and goes out on a serial killing spree where he takes out 1/2 of the bloated cast and ends up being killed by Michael or Sam, take your pick! 

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 2

If they did change Julian from being Sam's dad, I still think her dad was Stavros. It would explain so much and it would have made since for Nik to have found out and why he fucked her over for Liz with the Jason thing. That I could buy more than him doing it for money.

• Love 2

I'd have taken anything that was actually worth the backstory. Mikkos not only took Alexis's child, he faked the child's death. Alexis refused to talk about the child's father for almost a decade and it's Julian? Seriously? 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

Nope, no to changing Sam's paternity.  Nothing is more irritating to me than constantly revising a character's paternity because a story doesn't work, a la Rex on OLTL.  This was an unresolved story thread for so long, leave it sewn up.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4