Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

After the experience she had with Stavros, Lulu in particular should be brushing this off like dirt off her shoulder.

Which is why I was SO annoyed when Lulu acted all teary and scared at the ceremony. Sheesh, Spencer, stab the guy with your heel and knee him in the groin. Or is that move exclusively reserved for Lauren?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

Britt, Nik, and Liz are trash. 

Nik is the worst one though. If Nik and Sonny were locked in a room together, how long would it take for them to resist having sex? Not long, although you know they'd be mumbling "this isn't half bad, not that I'm gay or anything" through the whole thing. Oh God, I'm starting to want this to actually happen.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 12

I was really hoping that Freakco flailing around like a toddler would cause the elevator to fall, plummeting into Helena's catacombs and killing both he and Nina.

I was really impressed that Frank paid for not only rain effects but a few extras and two dayplayers!  It's sad how easy it is for this to impress me now.

I loved Anna's hat, Mac looking pissed, and Lucy referring to Levi as "dingleberry".  

Why cant I quit this fracking show?!?

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5

I rather loved the scenes with George and Nina in the elevator. They're my new Todd and Blair. I know. Blasphemy. But when he was angry and rightfully so, I add, and she stood, I was excited. I got romantic will they I want them to kiss vibes. I give no fucks about Sonny nor Carly until the AJ reveal and they get carted out of town.

Anna's hat was amazing. The rain had to be the reason for the hat.

I'm scared that we are headed for a three way with Britt/Nik/Liz. Too bad Liz and Britt are too good for him. Nik is a skeeze. I need Helena to smack him. Shit, just shoot him like all the inferior Cassadines.

Ric, save Liz. Britt, make an appointment with Kevin.

• Love 3

At least at gun point Lulu isnt going on about babies. 

Anna and her hat made me laugh. When I first saw her in the rain with the hat I thought I had put on a 50s movie or something. The flashbacks made it more bizarre. 

• Love 1

Especially considering the lame fake-out about the fate of Maxie and Lulu didn't even last the episode.

I'll forgive them for that one. I don't think we were supposed to even be remotely scared . . . were we? oh God I really hope we weren't. 

Here are the previews that got slightly cut off in some areas . . . if the last one is just a tease I'm gonna be so mad:

I'll forgive them for that one. I don't think we were supposed to even be remotely scared . . . were we? oh God I really hope we weren't.

I really hope not.  It's the same lame garbage when Heather kidnapped Carly and they let us "think" for a day or two she might actually be dead.  Like, yeah right, you know?

I really hope not.  It's the same lame garbage when Heather kidnapped Carly and they let us "think" for a day or two she might actually be dead.  Like, yeah right, you know?

There was one line where Dante said something about them having his wife and he sounded so half-hearted I was like, "even Dominic can't bring himself to sell this shit". He perked up a minute or two later (and then I have to give kudos to Nathan Paevey because I was impressed with him with the way he did the line about Nathan telling Dante they'd just get in the way, I didn't think he could pull it off) but it was like, come on, who is supposed to be scared here?

When are there ever any stakes on this show? FFS, Jason is coming back. They can't even keep the one good thing they did.

True, but I'm actually kinda excited/interested to see that, since it's not with Steve Burton and Guza. 

I think the last time there were actually any kind of stakes were Jake's death. And then Tony Geary had to fuck that up.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Whoever decided to use that DAMN SHAKY camera effect during the Brik kiss needs to be fired! That shit looks horrible each time they use it.

Whatever retro technique/vibe they were going for in the Anna flashbacks failed miserably to me as well.

Loved Anna's hat & raincoat thou.

I was really impressed that Frank paid for not only rain effects but a few extras and two dayplayers! It's sad how easy it is for this to impress me now.

Don't feel bad, after discussion on this board I had the same thought. If the actor is pleasing to the eye, can recite their lines clearly, look their scene partner in the eye, generate chemistry & not make inappropriate/awkward facial expression, I'm in. I'm excited when an actor has talent vs expecting all to have talent.

I enjoyed the George & Nina scenes too. For a moment I thought they were actually going to kiss & I would have been okay with it. They are definitely testing them & they click for me.

Nik has become a sleaze. Stephan would be disappointed & ashamed. I gues there's no fighting the Starvos genes.

Somehow, Ron thinks having Maxie & Felicia talk with sense & remorse now takes away from all the stupidity he's had them do for months. Well it doesn't.

This damn Levi story is going to go on for forever.

So we get two CarSon kisses but no follow-up to Brad/Lucas.... Totally unacceptable.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 2

So we get two CarSon kisses but no follow-up to Brad/Lucas.... Totally unacceptable.

Oh, I wouldn't expect to see Brad and Lucas again for a good month.  Felix, yes, because Sabrina's back to find out about Rafe killing her baby and he'll have to hold her hand.

Nikolas is so gross. "I do love you, Britt, but if there's even the slightest chance I can have Liz, well fuck you then. But oh yes, I'm totally down for sleeping with you no-strings attached." Ugh. And, of course, this is all going to be blamed on Britt for seducing him (like she really had to twist his arm) and having him to ignore Liz's phone call. Both ladies need to walk away from this douche, he's not worth any of this.

The only non-douchey guy in Port Charles is currently laid up in the hospital with a bullet hole in his shoulder.

• Love 2

The only non-douchey guy in Port Charles is currently laid up in the hospital with a bullet hole in his shoulder.

I'd say the two men looking for their twits aren't douchey either. (I mean, Dante can be douchey, but with women he's generally not a douche). I really shouldn't count Nathan, since he's only been on 6 months and that's really not enough time for doucheyness to unfold, but some new characters show it right away I guess so fair's fair.

• Love 3

Well Ned is still in town, for now, for what it's worth.

• Love 2

Nik is the worst one though. If Nik and Sonny were locked in a room together, how long would it take for them to resist having sex? Not long, although you know they'd be mumbling "this isn't half bad, not that I'm gay or anything" through the whole thing. Oh God, I'm starting to want this to actually happen.

I had to follow up on this scenario in the fanfic thread heh. Sorrynotsorry. 

Loved the erm..George and Nina scenes.Both actors have the similar type of charisma, which is why their scenes work so well. And I have to say, I swooned slightly to RH's delivery of "What's your secret, twinkle toes?". This may well be the first couple that interests me in the soap since RC took over.

What was with the shaky cam thing today? It was done so sloppily, and they used it in scenes where it didnt even make sense.

• Love 2

I loved all the raingear. Is this an event that will change Port Charles forever?

I also love the ongoing jokes about Levi's last name. "That's an alias, right?" Hee.

Nik is pond scum, and Sonny in pursuing mode makes my skin crawl. These are our romantic leads. Ew. EW.

Dayplayer elevator repair guy was hilarious. Poor guy; he had way too many lines.

"Nina, who kissed whom?" Oh, Franco, you keep it up with that proper grammar and I might become a fan. Then he ruins it by threatening to kill Sonny, and we know that will never happen. Sigh.

There was one line where Dante said something about them having his wife and he sounded so half-hearted I was like, "even Dominic can't bring himself to sell this shit".

I know. I suppose the fact that Exposition Guy told them Maxie and Lulu were yammering about having been kidnapped before by professionals (heh; that's a pretty awesome burn) kind of tempered Dante's concern.

There was a LOT of exposition in general today. Is this more vamping? I prefer it to talk of three-ways, though.

• Love 1
"Nina, who kissed whom?" Oh, Franco, you keep it up with that proper grammar and I might become a fan. Then he ruins it by threatening to kill Sonny, and we know that will never happen. Sigh.

Franco was cracking me up, because he sounded like one of us traumatized fans, sitting in the corner, mumbling "the gangster's got to go". I am finding Franco going nuts because Sonny just has to prove a point entertaining, I admit. Ugh this better be the end of Carly and Franco, at least the fortysomethingteenage Amish romance version. 

This Franco/Nina/Sonny/Carly stuff leading to the exposure of who killed AJ could be so so good if Ron is willing to put Sonny in prison or have him go genuinely crazy and need to be institutionalized, even for just a couple of months.

What was with the shaky cam thing today? It was done so sloppily, and they used it in scenes where it didnt even make sense.

Frank Valentini thinks it makes things look more intense, I gather. He is wrong.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Today's events seem to have scarred Serial Drama's Mallory:

Today's GH probably should have been rated NC-17 and ABC can probably be subject to a class action lawsuit for tormenting viewers like that, right? With the "Ew?" Sonny and Carly is a thing that needn't ever happen again AND YET... -M.
  • Love 1

This Franco/Nina/Sonny/Carly stuff leading to the exposure of who killed AJ could be so so good if Ron is willing to put Sonny in prison or have him go genuinely crazy and need to be institutionalized, even for just a couple of months.

It could.  But I could totally see it turning into Sonny and Carly being all, "Us against the world, we have each other!" when the truth comes out now when I want them both to suffer.

• Love 1

I dont think Sonny & Carly have actually been together since 2004.  They were either divorced, in the process of divorcing or at least separated for a spot before Tamara left and then with Laura in the role there was the marriage of convenience but she was realky with Jax in the summer of 2006 and then limo!sex when Michael got shot in 2008.  

Anyway, ive decided that in the future before I watch that day's ep, I am going to put on my FH/DZ 'glasses of intelligence' and think long and hard about whether or not I shoumd watch.  

• Love 3

I rather loved the scenes with George and Nina in the elevator. They're my new Todd and Blair. I know. Blasphemy. But when he was angry and rightfully so, I add, and she stood, I was excited. I got romantic will they I want them to kiss vibes. I give no fucks about Sonny nor Carly until the AJ reveal and they get carted out of town.

If loving George and Nina in the elevator is blasphemy, then Bless me Father for I have sinned.

I got that same vibe there, I couldn't believe I was watching TFGH and wanting George and Nina to hook up! I'm afraid to say they have chemistry because I'm afraid the wrecking ball named Ron will ruin an organic vibe between two people for his forced pairings.

I loved Todd and Blair.....

I hate slimy Sonny and Carly of the glittery hooha....

One bullet of love isn't enough for you Grrpants09, I'm unloading the whole clip :D

• Love 1

If loving George and Nina in the elevator is blasphemy, then Bless me Father for I have sinned.

I got that same vibe there, I couldn't believe I was watching TFGH and wanting George and Nina to hook up! I'm afraid to say they have chemistry because I'm afraid the wrecking ball named Ron will ruin an organic vibe between two people for his forced pairings.

I loved Todd and Blair.....

I hate slimy Sonny and Carly of the glittery hooha....

One bullet of love isn't enough for you Grrpants09, I'm unloading the whole clip :D

Oh my! I feel like I got three hots and a cot and shitty hair cut in a lab! I'm blushing!

Btw, I'm half excited, half scared to see New Jason defrost. Like, blinking and normal skin tone are my only requirements now.

They should have made Maxie's fugly serape/wedding dress sodden with rain, her face Goth with running makeup, and shivering with stringy hair. Lulu's dress looked dry too. Anna and the men were protected from the cold rain; the girls looked like they could still do a summer wedding if necessary. Mac should have been more in shock, not able to walk, due to blood loss. At least we got the satisfaction of Mac and Flea taking SOME responsibility for horrendous parenting.

STFU, Lucy. Extra bitch-slap of Tough Love for you too.

I was surprised that Carly called Sonny back; I thought she would have the strength to send Sonny away. I hope they are at it like horny rabbits when Franco comes home-- splayed out on the living room floor, without shame, clothes, or blankets--Carly screaming "Yes! Yes!" as Sonny grunts in greasy satisfaction.

And does anyone doubt that naughty Spencer is cooperating with Nik and Britt, hoping he can catch them in a sexual tryst with his camera phone, to score more allowance?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2

...okay I woke up from my det Special Kitty stupor.

Forget Silas, I'm on the Nico train, b/c wow that chemistry was off the charts, and I fellow posters have the luxury of never seeing bad Franco. That almost kiss was very hott!

I don't know why everyone doesn't want Carson, b/c to me they are like two sides of the same coin, it might be a nasty coin in the crack of a gas station bathroom floor, but they have chemistry and are made for each other. Let them be together and save everyone else from them.

I think the REAL 3-some that happened off screen, Ron's favorite story pallet, is Felicia/Mac/Lucy. Forget Scotty and Kevin did you get a load of Lucy clutching Mac's hand as they walked him GH and the enormous amount of smoke she blew up Felicia's ass about how not dumb she is. Yep, that had real life 3-some written all over it.

Lastly I have to defend my guy Nik(bad hairdo notwithstanding) against the ire of the board. Poor guy is the Lucas of this story. I mean he can't help it if two women are fighting over him. Britt is the one who manipulated the situation with a CHILD to the point that they were on the floor covered in marshmallow. She kissed him, he backed away, and told her stank butt the truth. She didn't care people. I mean she didn't CARE that he flat out told her Elizabeth trumps her ass. Nik is a man and Britt basically made herself a booty call. And even then he let a telephone trump her ass. To me Britt is the pathetic one in the situation not Nikolas. Now someone find Felix b/c Nik needs a makeover STAT!(or maybe just Ron Moss's wife, b/c damn but she made TC hott!)

• Love 3

Nik is a man and Britt basically made herself a booty call.

While it's certainly on Britt that she still offered to sleep with him (oh Britt, girl, PLEASE pick your dignity up off the ground), if we're supposed to view Nik as some noble, princely, good guy, he should have respected Britt AND Liz and turned her down if he's so in luv with Liz.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

I personally thought it was gross dialogue. On both parties. I don't care how much you loved someone or hot they are. If you love someone else, you don't kiss them nor sleep with them or talk about it or even invite them for sleepovers. He should have said here's some money, get a room if he was serious about Liz. But entertaining a Liz reunion also, imo is a slap in the face to his brother, Lucky.

I mean, Britt is a smart girl. She's a damn specialty doctor. She's better than being anyone's side piece. I'd love to see her explore her relationship with her brother and get therapy with Kevin to deal with her obvious self esteem issues.

Nik needs to book a Kevin appointment too because he has clear cut mommy issues stemming from his Cassadine upbringing. I think he tanks his relationships on purpose.

• Love 4

Count me in on the George and Nina train, damn it. All kinds of chemistry with those two.

CarSon continue to be a horrifying trainwreck. Reminds me a little of the Friends episode where Rachel dresses up as a cheerleader to flirt with Joshua. Monica: "I can't let you go out there like that. Actually, I kind of want to see what happens."' Only not really. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ&feature=youtu.be is my reaction.

Nik, such a douche. Prince, my ass.

Didn't Ali Sweeney direct this episode too? That would explain all the complaints about the bad directing.

Previews: Thank Jasus my Ava is finally back!

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 3

Dear casual viewer, please keep up with the rest of the class because I'm tired of Anna having to do a recap of last week's storyline.  It's as bad as the old, "put in a time-killer music montage so we don't have to write anything".

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 5

Just loving the Nico goodness. I'm so glad others are seeing their hot chemistry, and I don't feel dirty liking RoHo as Franco. Bring on him running to Nina once he blabs to Michael about AJ (this is all in my head of course). The grossness of Carson will make it so easy to FF their crap.

I couldn't concentrate when Dante and Nathan were both wet. Wow!

Oh Mac- sorry nobody called an ambulance for you.

• Love 2
I don't know why everyone doesn't want Carson, b/c to me they are like two sides of the same coin, it might be a nasty coin in the crack of a gas station bathroom floor, but they have chemistry and are made for each other. Let them be together and save everyone else from them.

Agreed. They deserve each other in every way imaginable.

• Love 1
Agreed. They deserve each other in every way imaginable.

Yup. Two terrible people who love themselves first and whatever is left over goes to their current bedwarmer and children.

It's just gross that the last two people that Sonny slept with were in relationships. Is he really that pathetic? Wait, just answered my own question. And Carly is just as bad to fall for the moobster's nonsense.

Morgan and Rosalie tomorrow? Woo hoo!

• Love 1

I don't understand how any rational woman would want Sonny. I include Carly in this. Sonny is just so horrible.

I dunno...I think it is hate sex affinity. Ava and Sonny were overcome by it in the Crypt, and now Carly and Sonny. Born-to-be-Bad women seem to be attracted to Sonny like moths to a flame.

The storm brought all kinds of unexpected events and reveals and kisses to P.C. The cosmos is definitely disturbed.

I'll be very ticked off if Franco manages to interrupt Sonny and Carly before they do the deed. Of course he's going to notice the two wine glasses and pizza box right away, and get suspicious.

Naturally, Ron has thoughtfully just presented Franco with a cheesy "out"--chemistry with Weird Nina in the elevator. Maybe their mutual crazyiness called out to each other like the badness in Ava and Carly sparked mutual attraction to the badness of Sonny. 

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

RC has no idea what is or is not romantic.  Having Lucas, Brad, and Felix arrange a threesome and then having Lucas and Brad discover they were into each other while they waited for Felix to arrive?  Not romantic.  Having Nikolas tell Britt that he wants to screw her even though he knows Britt is in love with him and even though Liz remains his emotional priority?  Not romantic. 

At least in the case of Lucas/Brad/Felix, these are characters without significant histories who have mostly been played for comic effect.  In the case of Nikolas, it's character-ruining.  What am I supposed to be rooting for here?  Personally I'm rooting for Britt to kick him in the balls. 

• Love 7

Generally, I hold no truck with serial killers, and, despite my love of RH, I find Franco to be a truly ill-conceived character.  But if he can cause Sonny grief, any kind of grief, I'll love him forever.    It's interesting, though, that our de-tumorized Franco's first thought, regarding Sonny kissing Carly, is to kill him.  Hey, I'm all on board with that, but I guess the de-tumorization wasn't a cure-all, after all.  Hopefully, too bad for Sonny.

And on the subject of Sonny, he and Carly both need to back off on the tanning.  Not a pretty picture, together or separately.

Were Dingleberry and ICE planning to kidnap Maxie and Lulu all along, what with the spare clothes for them?

• Love 1