Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

UGH. Her big bad ex is Valentine Cassadine? Let down. I don't understand Claudette's end game. Why is she still keeping the kid from Nathan? How exactly does she expect him to protect her? Nina's going to be so thrilled to have a niece.

Anna was not gone long enough. Jordan leaving Anna in the room to snoop was just disappointing.

Paul is not actually going to kill Tracy, right? Sabrina I won't miss but Tracy would be too much.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Vella said:

Richard Burgi is fantastic. Here's an actor who was probably clued in to Paul being the hospital killer 15 seconds before he got the script showing he's the hospital killer and he's knocking it out of the park.   Jane Elliot as well, is just fabulous and the two are doing compelling work together.  Every male lead, notably BM, RH, WdV and MB should be forced to sit down and take a lesson from a genuinely good actor who refuses to be lazy.  I remember Steven Nichols and Billy Warlock doing so much with so little and Burgi reminds me of that work ethic and talent.

Couldn't agree more.

• Love 7

Claud and might be her baby daddy?

Unless she changed the DNA results, looks like Nathan is the baby daddy, as of today.

Alright Tracy, I need you to invoke the spirit of both of your parents and pull out all of your Quatermain-nicity and open a can of whoop ass on Paul.  I do not believe that the great Tracy Angelica Quartermain will be taken down by a well dressed, crazy man with a tie.  

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, Vella said:

Ooooh, how lovely to watch Jason calmly lay out how Sonny would kill Julian and Sam reminisce about how Jason was the best killer of them all. OMG, they are SUCH a romantic root for couple!!!!11!

Carly has changed, she's a Mom, according to Sam. She could have said "I love lamp" and that would have been just as on point a statement.

Richard Burgi is fantastic. Here's an actor who was probably clued in to Paul being the hospital killer 15 seconds before he got the script showing he's the hospital killer and he's knocking it out of the park.   Jane Elliot as well, is just fabulous and the two are doing compelling work together.  Every male lead, notably BM, RH, WdV and MB should be forced to sit down and take a lesson from a genuinely good actor who refuses to be lazy.  I remember Steven Nichols and Billy Warlock doing so much with so little and Burgi reminds me of that work ethic and talent.

I think Richard is  happy he's almost done. If indeed, he is leaving.  GH ruined a great opportunity there with Tracy and Paul as a potential couple. All for no reason that I can see, than to throw  another man at Maura West so Ava could have another failed pairing. It's a shame, really.  They have an actor like RB and waste him/write nonsense for him, when he was firing on all cylinders right off the bat in the Q family.

But we get plenty of scenes with Billy Miller and Maurice looking like they cannot remember their lines, so we're golden.

#JusticeForCake

New t-shirt !

• Love 10

Dear Sam, I can tell you what would happen if something bad happened to Carly's kids because of the violence. She'd cry, act shocked like she didn't realize gambling was going in this place, leave Sonny, and then crawl back to him again because he has dimples. And Sam knows this too. Idiotic.

Oh come on, Sam's never seen Alexis hungover before this? She's never had a few too many with Diane before? Come on show. Come on.

Claudette has now slept with Valentine Cassadine? This chick probably has a past with everyone in town at this point.

Maxie's dress is really cute. And her saying, "and you'll come back and we'll compare notes!" was funny too.

Is anyone else at all going to find out about Nathan's shooting Griffin? I want Anna and Jordan and Dante to know that Nathan is kinda crazy, damn it.

Why was Laura so mystified as to how Kevin could have gotten someone to switch seats with him? There are several ways Laura, who gives a damn.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

But we get plenty of scenes with Billy Miller and Maurice looking like they cannot remember their lines, so we're golden.

BM is coasting like hell, but even I have to admit he's getting nothing. Jason should be waking up in the middle of the night from nightmares of his victims begging him not to shoot them but instead he's just dueling with Franco. If he had Richard Burgi's scenes today he'd probably be performing. With lots of gritted teeth, but still.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Dear Sam, I can tell you what would happen if something bad happened to Carly's kids because of the violence. She'd cry, act shocked like she didn't realize gambling was going in this place, leave Sonny, and then crawl back to him again because he has dimples. And Sam knows this too. Idiotic.

*slow mother'fing clap*

5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

BM is coasting like hell, but even I have to admit he's getting nothing. Jason should be waking up in the middle of the night from nightmares of his victims begging him not to shoot them but instead he's just dueling with Franco. If he had Richard Burgi's scenes today he'd probably be performing. With lots of gritted teeth, but still.

He should actually be involved with Paul, TBH. His complete non-involvement in a story that nearly killed Monica and killed someone Michael cared about is odd. OGJason would be all over this search. I don't need HeroJason, but this is actually a story that he is technically more involved in than CRYANNA.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Alright Tracy, I need you to invoke the spirit of both of your parents and pull out all of your Quatermain-nicity and open a can of whoop ass on Paul.  I do not believe that the great Tracy Angelica Quartermain will be taken down by a well dressed, crazy man with a tie.  

THIS!!! Jane has been just awesome to watch (now-hated her material for the Luke/Fluke storyline).  Her trying to handle Paul, in contrast to her killer nephew telling his wife how he would have arranged for an enemy of Sonny's to die in the past while Sonny would be in public to have an alibi.  And Sam's nonchalant reaction.  Everything she said about Carly was absurd. You'd think she'd only met Carly recently, and didn't know the S&C history.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, ulkis said:

"If?" If? IF?

I admit, I haven't actually watched the show, but, seriously? Is Jason's amnesia catching? Does Sam not remember anything about Michael's life? Shot in the head, coma, prison?

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 6

Well of course Valentin is OMG TEH EVIL! man that Claudette was involved with. Honestly, I'd have an easier time believing it was Johnny, even though he would never threaten a child.

I absolutely love the way Griffin calls Claudette out every time he's in a scene with her.

Claudette: "See? I told you Charlotte was your daughter Nathan!"

Griffin: "Bull! Less than an hour ago you told me you didn't know which one of us was her father."

And I also agree with everyone here that Richard and Jane are knocking it out of the park. Tracy trying to reason with Paul and save her own life, and her facial expressions are spot on. I just wish she'd use an inside voice more often. Her constant yelling of her lines gives me a headache.

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Honestly, I'd have an easier time believing it was Johnny, even though he would never threaten a child.

HaHa I actually yelled out Johnny Zaccarra when she said the man was in jail and he was very dangerous.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

admit, I haven't actually watched the show, but, seriously? Is Jason's amnesia catching? Does Sam not remember anything about Michael's life? Shot in the head, coma, prison?

Sam doesn't even remember her own life with Jason.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

LOL, why does Sam have to imagine what would happen?  We've seen it when Michael was comatized for a year.  But I guess we're pretending that never happened.  God, this show.

• Love 2

I can easily believe that the writers just don't know about it. Which is why you don't replace an entire writing staff for a soap with a group  that is unfamiliar with the characters and history of that soap 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I think the  adage about "there are no small parts, only small actors" is true, especially on soaps. Richard hasn't been given much to do either, and out of what he was given, most of it made no sense. Yet he is fully committed to giving it his all.  Yes, a lot of the stuff for Jason has been bland and boring, but-I guess I just think that if you're fully committed, you bring it. If it's one line over dinner, or begging your loved one to come out of a coma, or whatever it is, you do your thing.  I guess I'm still waiting for Billy Miller to show up and show out, and do his thing.  I watch his stuff sometimes, and I'm like...okay, is he just  bored, or....lazy...or what?  That scene with Monica in the hospital, for example. He just seemed so...detached. Was he like this on Y&R? He's like this on GH with EVERYONE. Even JE can't get much out of him.  It's just so frustrating, because I sense he could do better, if he wanted to. I will agree that there have been many missed opportunities to develop layers with  his character in the writing-but that would be a complaint with ALL of the characters, and yet some actors (JE, RB, even Easton is trying this time around) are finding ways to dig in. So I can only blame the writing so far, the rest lies at BM's feet.

LOL about the gritted teeth, though. I have noticed he does that, and it's hysterical because it's not the least bit intimidating. He needs to perfect his own version of the Stone Cold Stare.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

LOL about the gritted teeth, though. I have noticed he does that, and it's hysterical because it's not the least bit intimidating. He needs to perfect his own version of the Stone Cold Stare.

I don't think he's trying to intimidate, I think that's just his thing, heh. Apparently he did it on Y&R too.

I agree with you in general, but I think when you're on daily it must be much harder to be in the moment than if you're on less.

• Love 3

I agree with most of your points as well ulkis. But look at JE, who has been on every single day for the last two weeks(not sure that has happened for her EVER on GH) and she has brought it. And so much of her history the last decade plus, has been once a week appearances for ten minutes.

So again, I do think it boils down to-"do, or do not. There is no try". Thank you, Yoda.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

"If?" If? IF?

I admit, I haven't actually watched the show, but, seriously? Is Jason's amnesia catching? Does Sam not remember anything about Michael's life? Shot in the head, coma, prison?

How can we expect the characters to remember their history when the writers clearly don't do any research?

• Love 5

Right, but it's just so glaring. That research is part of their job. It's not that hard. Talk to the actors. Review old episodes. Google. Hell, the writers could send an intern here to ask questions in the history thread.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

He had a lot of energy as Richie Novak on AMC years ago. And was genuinely intimidating, which was good, since he played a psycho. He was a bright spot, that show was terrible then.

He was great as Annie's evil brother. BM played it to the hilt. Even on Y&R he was great when given a story. Honestly,  I think he is bored. At least as Jake, he had some storyline. Now that he is Jason, he does nothing but bitch about Franco with Elizabeth and gab with Sam with the Corinthi every once in awhile. Oh, and be the hero for damn near every half baked crap story these idiot writers push out.

5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

BM doesn't have a storyline, Kelly doesn't have a storyline. I don't call the pregnancy announcement a story. They're just sitting there, staring at each other.

It's all for their fans. It's obvious the writers threw them a wedding and a kid to basically suck it up.

And didn't Jelly say something about how they like writing for newbies bc they don't have to remember their history or keep them "in character" based on past behavior or something like that?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

And didn't Jelly say something about how they like writing for newbies bc they don't have to remember their history or keep them "in character" based on past behavior or something like that?

You have got to be kidding me. Show writers said that?

• Love 1

I don't blame anyone for being bored, but that's no excuse for not doing your job. Talk to Frank and the writers. If that doesn't work, maybe it's time to leave. The actors are not powerless here. No one is forcing them to renew their contracts. 

Just now, LexieLily said:
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

You have got to be kidding me. Show writers said that?

Yep. These are the head writers of a soap, where history and past behavior is the frickin' POINT. Gah.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Yep. These are the head writers of a soap, where history and past behavior is the frickin' POINT. Gah.

That's just embarrassing. Is that why we have this riveting front-burner story of Claudette and who her baby daddy is, when the only non-newbie this even tangentially effects is Maxie?

• Love 1

I called the Valentin and Claudette angle weeks ago. She is probably still lying about the kid. That is Lulu's embryo fully hatched. They did that DNA test with Nathan's mom's hair to say she was Nathan's.

As for the actors complaining to the writers about the writing, that will fall on deaf ears as they don't want to hear shit unless you are kissing their asses. That is evident by Jean leaving twitter today because her mentions were full of people complaining about that Franco and Sam spoiler. I kid you not she actually told fans to hang in there cause they inherited a tricky character in Franco. You are the headwriter. You can easily change how a fucking character acts unless you are being forced to write this shit by Frank or others above him.

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It's all for their fans. It's obvious the writers threw them a wedding and a kid to basically suck it up.

Yeah. It wasn't quite that blatant, but that was implication.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, backhometome said:

As a fan I would much rather them have an actual story/screen time than a wedding/baby. 

Of course. But Jelly clearly don't think that. They've missed the beats on JaSam from start to finish, although they only get half the blame. The other half belongs to Ron.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

That's just embarrassing. Is that why we have this riveting front-burner story of Claudette and who her baby daddy is, when the only non-newbie this even tangentially effects is Maxie?

And the thing is, they're adding so much crap to Claudette's backstory that by next week it'll be as hard for them to remember her history as much as any established character's. Speaking of . . . 

8 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

I called the Valentin and Claudette angle weeks ago. She is probably still lying about the kid. That is Lulu's embryo fully hatched. They did that DNA test with Nathan's mom's hair to say she was Nathan's.

If this is the case, they've already fucked up. Nathan said he last saw Claudette 10 years ago. So if the girl is Lulu's (which I think she might be), they've already forgotten they said it was 10 years ago or they gave the kid growth serum.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

As for the actors complaining to the writers about the writing, that will fall on deaf ears as they don't want to hear shit unless you are kissing their asses. That is evident by Jean leaving twitter today because her mentions were full of people complaining about that Franco and Sam spoiler. I kid you not she actually told fans to hang in there cause they inherited a tricky character in Franco. You are the headwriter. You can easily change how a fucking character acts unless you are being forced to write this shit by Frank or others above him.

Seriously. I get Frank Valentini is forcing them to write for Franco. But I'm 99% sure FV didn't say, "oh, and make sure he traps Liz in an elevator with him and he breaks into her car and waits for her in the backseat."

And also, I'm pretty sure FV takes it out in the writing on anyone who makes requests, besides TG, MB, and KeMo and even they probably can't push it that far. Look what happened with Sean Kanan, after all.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Here is the quote:

Adds Passanante, "To be very truthful, and this is not meant as a criticism of anyone, it is much easier to write a story where you bring in a lot of new people because you don't have to account for the complicated history of the people you already have. There is part of me that goes, 'That would be great! Let's bring in a whole bunch of new people!' But it's also the challenge of soap operas to write for the characters you [already] have." 

Nathan needs to take a page from Griffin's book and not let Claudette string him along. 

Someone needs to tell Sonny that he doesn't have to react to every tiny thing Julian does. It is possible to ignore him. Ugh.

Just now, ulkis said:

But it's also the challenge of soap operas to write for the characters you [already] have.

Which they utterly fail on a daily basis.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Here is the quote:

Adds Passanante, "To be very truthful, and this is not meant as a criticism of anyone, it is much easier to write a story where you bring in a lot of new people because you don't have to account for the complicated history of the people you already have. There is part of me that goes, 'That would be great! Let's bring in a whole bunch of new people!' But it's also the challenge of soap operas to write for the characters you [already] have." 

Thank you! Her quote is ironic, to say the least.

• Love 1

I actually miss RC some what. At least he was entertaining even in a bad way. Jelly are just plain BORING. They dont know how to write not only reveal moments/fall outs but romance too. They build stuff up but then nothing happens with minimal drama. See Jason reveal and Hayden/Liez sister reveal. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Sigh.  I've seen BM work wonders against Cameron Mattinson.  That is true miracle work there.  Mo is literally giving him nothing, and the writers are basically giving him blank pages.  Why hire good actors if you won't allow them to perform?  Just let a random hair model play Jason. 

3 hours ago, Blackie said:

HaHa I actually yelled out Johnny Zaccarra when she said the man was in jail and he was very dangerous.

I don't buy that Johnny Z is still actually in prison.  He managed to escape.  You can't tame him.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't blame anyone for being bored, but that's no excuse for not doing your job. Talk to Frank and the writers. If that doesn't work, maybe it's time to leave. The actors are not powerless here. No one is forcing them to renew their contracts. 

Well, it didn't work for SK.  Yup, I'm still bitter about AJ.  Talk about your Hashtag Justice movement.

• Love 7

I'm starting to wonder if Valentine will kill Nathan. Or that could be my wishful thinking. But they seem to be setting up Griffin as Maxie's new love interest, and we know Valentine wants all other male Cassadines out of the way, and they think he's a Cassadine, soooo.

Also Ryan Paevey has started a jewelry shop and charging way too much money for it:

https://www.fortunatewanderer.com/collections/main-shop

okay, I don't think that has anything to do with it, I just wanted to share that.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1