Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

In an another reality, I could see them capturing Paul and reopening the hospital in grand fashion during sweeps. My gut is telling me that they are Corinthing the hospital and now it will be "The City: The Next Generation".

We *don't* get a protracted custody battle between blood relative CarrrJoe and She-Only-Has-Lawyers Tracey? Hooray!

Claudette has some mysterious and dangerous person in jail with connections tracking her down even when she's off the grid for years? Just have Tree tell his partner, and Sonny & Jason will defeat him in three seconds.

They presume that the grudge was all about GH and not because someone wanted to kill random people? That's good, because I hope Mercy and the rest of PC have a strong police prese--- excuse me, I have to stop. I'm ready to pee.

10 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

I am calling it now. Claudette's kid is that damned embryo. She hatched it. That ties her and Nina also to Valentin when he comes back. 

It makes no sense, logically or chronologically, which means you will be right. I would have also accepted that they finally tie Tree as the Cassadine Heir, and Claud's Twiggy is the new Spencer.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, jsbt said:

Frank hired her on OLTL and loves her. Frontburnered her for his entire tenure there. She is nowhere near Howarth or Easton levels of fame in either their or her prime, but he adores her.

This still fucking baffles me. Have they said anything about what she does?

Meanwhile Nina fucking Reeves runs the fashion empire and Lucy is on maybe twice a month hawking real estate like approximately 100 unemployed soap stars IRL (it's true!) because she poor now. Fine.

I would watch a storyline where someone brings Lucy in to topple Nina. Yeah, it's not quite the same business, whatever. Lucy had a corporate empire dealing with women's products and she has played plenty a dirty business con game.

Also, I would pay to see Finn break Hayden's hopeful-for-love heart when she finds him in bed with Tracy.

BW is fabulous in Frank's mind. And I don't actually mind her. I just hate the fact that the writers seem to have no idea what what the long term plan is for anybody or any goals. 

I would be happy if Lucy was shown to be not a joke as a businesswoman. Since she now apparently has been renting out real estate and has nothing to her name. Maybe have her buy and restore some other hotel to rival the evil MetroCourt. Have her buy into the Haunted Star. She can take it over, since Lulu has no real interest in running the place. I can deal with the real estate business side if Lucy be successful. Hell, let her meet and her mentor Claudette. Maybe Claudette reminds Lucy of of herself. Do something a bit different.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Hope4Soaps said:

Hatechel's clothes are always way too big for her and ugly as all hell.

Maybe this will be the reason she finally leaves town?!

I like BW, but she is not needed on this overcrowded show.  FV needs to cut at least 10 to 15 characters instead of constantly hiring his friends or strangers on the street.

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, rur said:

Pretty much proof to me that she was brought on with basically no idea of what her story arc would be. I don't believe that someone who was mooning dreamily at a picture of herself and her ex-husband just a couple weeks ago would not have told him about their daughter sooner than this. This appears to be a "Let's keep throwing things at the wall and see what sticks" approach. 

If serial killer Paul kills serial killer Franco I will be happy. 

I still laugh at Claudette carrying a framed 8x10 around in her purse instead of just having a picture of the two of them together on her phone.  Or a wallet size.  

• Love 13
8 hours ago, jsbt said:

Meanwhile Nina fucking Reeves runs the fashion empire and Lucy is on maybe twice a month hawking real estate like approximately 100 unemployed soap stars IRL (it's true!) because she poor now. Fine.

The saddest thing about the plot point of Lucy (and Scotty) losing their money to Raymond Berlin is that there was an opportunity there to spin some story for them out of it - Lucy and Scotty team up for some money-making scheme, duh - but these writers have done absolutely nothing with it so why bankrupt these two legacy characters for no reason?  So we'd feel bad when they yelled at Naomi?

• Love 13

If that kid is Nathan's, she has to be 10, since he left her 11 years ago. So why the hell does Claudette have a picture of a 5-year-old?? what mother doesn't have a recent photo of her child?

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, jsbt said:

She is nowhere near Howarth or Easton levels of fame in either their or her prime

BW is nowhere near their level of talent, either, IMO. She's very dependent on the writing, whereas Easton and Howarth can elevate it (when they choose to, that is).

9 hours ago, jsbt said:

Also, I would pay to see Finn break Hayden's hopeful-for-love heart when she finds him in bed with Tracy.

Please let this happen!!!!!

• Love 5

A prenatal ward in honor of Sabrina...the nurse who gave a pregnant woman drugs in hopes of killing her unborn baby.  'Kay?  At least Michael got to 100% correctly call Carly out on her motives.

I've been over Dr. O for a while now, but if she decided to dedicate herself to destroying Claudette, I could see myself getting back on side.

Why is Paul so hopped up to murder Monica?  Is the person who's forcing him to go on this killing spree Bob Guza?

• Love 19

After today, if Dr. O kidnaps the kid right out from under Claudette's nose, I will laugh. A lot. 

The UCG moment was Sonny being all condescending toward Carly, and also assuring her he got through to Morgan ... cut to Morgan attacking Julian.

Best moment was Tracy stopping Paul on the staircase, and responding with "You're not family." Very cool to see her so protective of Monica.  She knows how deceptive Paul can be, and with him acting oddly in front of her ... you're a smart woman, figure it out!!

Disgusting that Sonny and Carly showed up at the Q Mansion. Good for Michael for being cold to Carly and calling them out on the "donation" for a Sabrina wing/section meant to buy his love/forgiveness. On that note, shut up Griffin. You know zero about how much Carly's choices have f'ed up Michael's life.

Today is one of those episodes where you want someone to take out Sonny, Carly, Morgan, Julian, Ava first in a blaze of glory - and then move onto Franco and some others. Just fyi.

• Love 11

The crazy part is they never resolved Ron's pointless, stupid dangling thread, where he had Obrecht insist Victor Cassadine was not Nathan's father. I'd chuck that and say he is after all, then kill him off in some Cassadine shenanigans that she is somewhat responsible for.

• Love 6

Question: who is actually responsible for ordering Sonny's shooting?

And who do Sonny and Carly think did it?

If they want me to blame Ava 100% for Morgan's latest attack of douchiness, perhaps they should have told BC to go home and shave off that god-awful goatee. It just gives Morgan that extra eau-de-douche.

Sure, the waitress calls the police on Morgan but not Paul SCREAMING in the courtyard?

Carly: How dare they show up here?

Says she, right after she came from the Quartermaines'.

Morgan: I think it's a travesty.

Julian: Travesty! Three whole syllables. 

Bwah! Okay, that was pretty funny.

Michael needs to tell Griffin he knows nothing about the situation.

Hated: Claudette's dress and Maxie's sleeves. RELAX for a little minute Claudette, you're in your own hotel room. And someone might want to tell Obrecht to wait for an aptitude for science to show up in Nathan before she starts asking how the grandkids are liking it.

The camera work in the last Kiki/Morgan scene made me dizzy.

I loved Tracy not letting Paul past the top of the stairs.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Here's a question - how did Claudette know Dr. O is Nathan's mother?  Back when they were married, he thought Madeline/Magda was his mom.

I guess she researched him?

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Morgan: I think it's a travesty.

Julian: Travesty! Three whole syllables. 

I love it when the show points out how stupid Morgan is. He's such a dolt.

1 minute ago, ulkis said:
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Here's a question - how did Claudette know Dr. O is Nathan's mother

2 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

They can keep the day player waitress at Kelly's, at least she is better than Nurse Amy.

?  Back when they were married, he thought Madeline/Magda was his mom.

I guess she researched him?

I'm sure it made national news, as that sort of thing always does. *rme* If they're bringing O into this, she'd better scheme against Claudette. Otherwise, feh.

"I'm glad you're sticking with Morgan." You know Carly was thinking, That way I don't have to deal with him.

I loved Tracy taking charge of Sabrina's service; she knew her better than Michael did. The lighting on her at the top of the stairs was hilarious—very horror movie in a good way. I'm sure that was unintentional.

LOL at Paul seeing Sabrina's picture and going into a trance. So dumb.

2 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

They can keep the day player waitress at Kelly's, at least she is better than Nurse Amy.

SO MUCH BETTER.

• Love 9

If Sabrina's testimony can be thrown out of a murder trial, why would it ensure Hayden's imprisonment?

This is an increasing pet peeve of mine, and I'm wondering if it bothers anyone else.  I want to put a gun to my head every time Tracy talks about "Daddy".  She may forget the Edward who raised her, but I have not.  He was an awful horrible man who pitted his children against each other, belittled and emotionally abused his children, and married Lilah for her money and cheated on her.  He was an absolutely horrible person, which is why Tracy withheld his heart medication when he thought she was dying of a heart attack.  The beatification of the Quartermaine family drives me crazy.  I know they changed directions when they cast a jolly santa claus to play Edward, and brought saint Emily into the family, but I'm not forgetting how unlikable most of them were.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 9:28 AM, rur said:

I just figured it was "official" legal terminology, much like the phrase "a single woman" that I encountered in the paperwork when I bought a house. 

Lucky you.  The state of Illinois required I be referred to as "a spinster" when I bought my first home.  My attorney was so embarrassed.  I was twenty-five years old.

22 hours ago, Syndicate said:

By the way, does anyone else think that this show is coming thisclose to an end? Today felt like a series wrap up, or at least some subtle clue that the end is near. Epiphany and Griffin praying while looking at photos of others who've worked at GH previously. Michael easily relinquishing custody of Teddy to TwinLos and it seeming like uncle and nephew are leaving PC for good. Not what I expected since I did expect a custody storyline of some sort. Also, Tyler Christopher abruptly not returning as Nikolas with Bryan Craig abruptly quitting as Morgan. Lastly, Franco wheeling Liz into the elevator while the lights go out in the hospital lobby. I don't know! The stories that they have running currently can easily be wrapped up fairly quickly, and any actors being brought on can easily help to facilitate those endings.

And Epiphany talking to Steve Hardy's picture, and showing the other long gone characters, like Lilah.

• Love 2

I know I'm going to regret asking this, but why is Michael planning Sabrina's funeral and burial in Port Charles? She has a family in Puerto Rico. Shouldnt' they have something to say about how and where she's buried???

• Love 3

Michael relinquishing Teddy may be the "right thing", but it would be completely traumatic for that poor child.  His mother disappears from his life, immediately followed by his "father", his doting aunt, and his nanny.  They have no idea what type of person Joe is.  He gets the child because of simple biology?  He didn't even have a relationship with his own brother.   Sabrina would have obviously wished Teddy stay where he was.  I realize it's a relief that there won't be a drawn out custody battle on the show, but I'm not liking the end result.  I would be happier with the baby returning to Sabrina's family in Puerto Rico.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Michael relinquishing Teddy may be the "right thing", but it would be completely traumatic for that poor child.  His mother disappears from his life, immediately followed by his "father", his doting aunt, and his nanny.  They have no idea what type of person Joe is.  He gets the child because of simple biology?  He didn't even have a relationship with his own brother.   Sabrina would have obviously wished Teddy stay where he was.  I realize it's a relief that there won't be a drawn out custody battle on the show, but I'm not liking the end result.  I would be happier with the baby returning to Sabrina's family in Puerto Rico.

Because Sabrina's perfect and super awesome mother is dead, her father just simply couldn't handle life and shriveled up to be emotionally unavailable, and VHJuan is on a super awesome tour for super awesome singers.   Uncle Joe is the only man to step up to do the job.  And I hate myself for knowing that. 

• Love 1

So Michael said that JOE gave him permission to plan Sabrina's funeral? JOe is no blood relation to Sabrina. she still has a father and an aunt in PR. 

Who was it that called the hospital wing being named after her? Not that there was any doubt, but  almost choked when Sonny said that today. Then again, is there even a clinic to add a wing to? there's been no mention of the AJ clinic in almost a year.

re Claudette calling Obrecht, how does she even know Obrecht's phone number?

And then in the previews, of course Sabrina gets a wonderful funeral where the whole town shows up to mourn her. I mean, she wasn't fat ::coughAJcough::

• Love 1

I can't believe how much time is being taken up by Claudette's fake (I'm assuming) child. Her whole character is a mess from top to bottom.  I want Dr. O to find out she's a phony and give her a smackdown. I have to give Nathan credit for being upfront with Maxie about his possible daughter. Maxie still looks unhealthy to me, I really hope the actress is okay.

Griffin is so much more tolerable when he's away from Claudette/Nathan/Maxie. If they keep integrating him with the rest of the cast, I think he could earn his place on the show. He feels like a real person and not just a prop for a triangle.

• Love 6

Well, Claudette is going over all as well as a flea at a dog show. 

But, wait for it, I'm sure Uncle Frankie and Auntie Jeanie will THINK they have the magic formula to make us love her the way they do. 

Yeah, right.

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Dr. Joe is next of kin for baby Teddy. He is Sabrina's legal brother-in-law. And yeah, I too ain't convinced that Sabrina would've married Michael anyway. No matter how insta close Sabrina supposedly had gotten to the Qs, they still weren't family. As for Teddy, he is a baby. Sadly, he wouldn't remember her if this was real. So his trauma would be pretty limited.

And yeah, maybe not the best thing to do Sonny and Carly. Sabrina did try to murder the baby you claim to adore. Maybe a nice nursing scholarship to PCU? 

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a restaurant in town that wasn't Sonny centric? And Carly and Sonny bitching about Ava and Julian being at the stupid Metrocourt is hilarious. Considering that they just came from the home of the man Sonny brutally murdered. Why did Tracy even allow them on the grounds? All she needed to do is tell Michael that Sonny and Snarly were outside.

Look, and now Griffin is the new Sabrina. Forgive your mommy, Michael!

Julian, literally killed someone! So has your Dad, dumbass!

Jesus, the look of smugness Franco has on the previews. Ugh. Aaaaaand of course Sabrina gets an actual service.

• Love 6

I hope Dr. O kills Claud for trying to pass that stupid baby off on Tree.

Julian is so stupid. Your annoying sister managed to keep you out of prison so why not appreciate your freedom and get out of town instead of whining about Alexis. 

I'm not interested in seeing anymore of Morgan's outbursts unless he's going to shoot Kiki/Julian/Ava/Sonny.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Why is Paul so hopped up to murder Monica?  Is the person who's forcing him to go on this killing spree Bob Guza?

Paul is Guza in a Richard Burgi mask. Someone let Guza AND Ron back in the building.

The dumb thing is when I watched today's episode live, Tracy was in the midst of confronting Paul on the stairs, and then they broke to commercial. THEN, the next commercial was a Soaps In Depth ad that shows a picture of that same scene while announcing "Paul confesses all to Tracy!!" I just looked at my daughter and said that I guess there was no point to watching the rest of the episode.

Well, I got bored and watched anyway, and that didn't happen. I guess we now know that Paul will get caught soon since Goddess!Tracy will not let him get away with killing Sabrina and assaulting Monica. If she protects him because of Dillon's worthless, Kiki-worshipping ass, or any other lame, contrived nonsense though, then I am through.

• Love 5
On 9/17/2016 at 3:01 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

I don't think it's about BM being a great actor - more like he smiles at people/seems to engage, speaks in sentences, and doesn't do that silent blink-and-glare thing SBu did. 

I don't agree that SBu did the silent blink-and-glare thing or was not engaged with other people.  Smiling and hamming it up doesn't constitute engagement.  SBu's Jason actually connected with his costars, both chemistry-wise and emotionally, which is what is missing the most from BM's portrayal among other things.  BM's Jason just seems disjointed and disconnected from the other characters. Even if people hated SBu or his character, when Jason Morgan walked into a room, you noticed him.  He had a presence; BM's Jason has none of that.  He comes across as just another nice guy in PC.  He also doesn't seem to hit the dramatic beats for me, and at first I was willing to let it go because he was new, but he's been on the show for a while now, and he still feels disconnected.  I don't think - and never thought - that Jason Morgan was a good character fit for BM because he likes to ham it up, and Jason just isn't that type of character.   Also, I don't feel any emotion with BM's Jason.  I don't feel any bonds between him and any of the characters he is suppose to care about, which is a shame since I think SBu had chemistry with all of his costars - male or female.   

The problem with Sabrina having a montage is due mostly to the show's casting changes . . . I agree with you in the sense that Sabrina was not an independent character having relationships of substance with current characters, so a montage with anyone other than Felix strains credibility.

Yeah, that was her biggest problem - no real relationships of substance.  Casting changes weren't completely to blame either because her times with Patrick and Emma were bittersweet since the audience knew that if Robin were back, Patrick would be with her instead.  So even if Patrick and Emma were still in town, yes, they would mourn her, but it wouldn't be because they wanted her in their lives as wife and mother.  Do you know what I mean?  I don't think she had big friendships with Ephiphany, Lucy, or even Elizabeth that I can recall.  Her biggest friendship was with Felix, and so I get why the montage was focused on them.  There was too much baggage with the other characters.  Even Michael ended on a sour note with them since she took off with Carlos and married him and had his child at the expense of Michael, and it's why Carly didn't want Sabrina in his life.  I think that's why Sabrina was also killed off.  If you look at the character as a whole, she really wasn't tied to anyone in a significant way, apart from Felix.  jmo.

I'll also add that I was thrilled how fast the writers removed Teddy from Michael's orbit.  I was worried that they would make Michael a young baby-daddy, and thankfully, they have removed Teddy and Joe from the canvas.   As terrible as it sounds, if Sabrina was going to be killed off, it was a good call to remove Teddy too - and Joe.  Now Michael has a fresh slate again and HOPEFULLY, the writers will use it.  Why can't Michael be the one to unmask Paul?  I really hope it's not going to be Sonny or Jason.

On 9/17/2016 at 5:07 PM, P3pp3rb1rd said:

And please please ....that DOESN'T mean Jason is the new "younger" leading man of GH! IMO, doing that would be tantamount to having Sonny run everything again. 

No, I was referring to Michael, Dillon, and even Dante as the "younger" set.  Jason and Sonny have more than had their time in the sun, and it's time to start allowing the younger men on GH to take center stage.

On 9/18/2016 at 0:47 PM, ulkis said:

I BLAME IT ALL ON HIM. At one point he gave this little groan in the same tone of voice you'd say, "aw darn it" instead of "oh shit Michael's girlfriend was killed."

Oh, fine, I'll give 5% of the blame to the writers, since the notes probably say, "we're afraid to write for Jason! Just do whatever! He has amnesia! We think!"

This.  I give a little of the problem to the writers, but BM has been in the role for over a year (or more?), and he STILL hasn't figured out how to play this character.  His emotional range is limited from what I can see because he has the same expression or reaction to everything.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, stlbf said:

Why did Tracy even allow them on the grounds? All she needed to do is tell Michael that Sonny and Snarly were outside.

The look on her face when she told Michael they were there was gold. Never leave, Jane Elliott! You're one of the few people who make this fakakta show even remotely bearable.

12 hours ago, stlbf said:

Look, and now Griffin is the new Sabrina. Forgive your mommy, Michael!

For some reason it didn't bother me coming from Griffin. He's Jon Snow here, yes, but he's a priest. Forgiveness is kind of his deal.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The look on her face when she told Michael they were there was gold. Never leave, Jane Elliott! You're one of the few people who make this fakakta show even remotely bearable.

For some reason it didn't bother me coming from Griffin. He's Jon Snow here, yes, but he's a priest. Forgiveness is kind of his deal.

JE is a national treasure. But I just freaking hate how tame these idiot writers are having Tracy react. Nothing to Olivia. Civil to Sonny and Carly.  I just don't get it.

Forgiveness doesn't mean that Michael needs to ever talk to Sonny or Carly again. It doesn't mean that they can keep doing the same shit over and over to him. And he should allow it. That is not how forgiveness works. Of course, this show also thinks that the Church would be hunky dory with Sonny and his business. The Church really isn't cool with illegal acts like murder. Unrepentant mobsters get ex communicated nowadays. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Bishop said:

I'll also add that I was thrilled how fast the writers removed Teddy from Michael's orbit.  I was worried that they would make Michael a young baby-daddy, and thankfully, they have removed Teddy and Joe from the canvas.   As terrible as it sounds, if Sabrina was going to be killed off, it was a good call to remove Teddy too - and Joe.

The only good thing that I could see that could come out of a Teddy fight would be a marriage of convenience(MoC) for Joe and someone like Liz. Let something nasty come up between Liz and Jason over Jake. Not that hard to imagine. Tracy's lawyers muck things up for Joe.  Have someone point out that they both have a lot better shot to end things quickly if they were married to someone. And bam! We get Liz and Joe. And we get to see them fall for each other.

• Love 6

But I just freaking hate how tame these idiot writers are having Tracy react. Nothing to Olivia. Civil to Sonny and Carly.

I always loved Tracy's Sonny/Carly hate and to be honest, until Heckle and Jeckell took over as HW's of this show, almost every HW continued that glorious character trait. 

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Hope4Soaps said:

The dumb thing is when I watched today's episode live, Tracy was in the midst of confronting Paul on the stairs, and then they broke to commercial. THEN, the next commercial was a Soaps In Depth ad that shows a picture of that same scene while announcing "Paul confesses all to Tracy!!" I just looked at my daughter and said that I guess there was no point to watching the rest of the episode.

Well, I got bored and watched anyway, and that didn't happen.

That may just be the screen shot they had of Paul and Tracy, but not necessarily the scene where what they're previewing happens.  I know that, when I used to read SID regularly, in the section where they listed the "highlights" of each day's episodes in the coming week, they would often use screen shots of the characters involved that were from scenes that had already aired, and not of the scene they were talking about.  So they could have been previewing "Sonny and Alexis plot to take down Julian," with a picture that is clearly from a scene the two of them had a week prior where they were discussing Kristina's Parker mess.  

2 hours ago, Bishop said:

No, I was referring to Michael, Dillon, and even Dante as the "younger" set.  Jason and Sonny have more than had their time in the sun, and it's time to start allowing the younger men on GH to take center stage.

Well, that's the problem with re-casting Jason with someone a decade younger, Jason has been moved out of previous age group. I saw someone say a couple of weeks ago that Sonny and Carly seemed too old for Jason and Sam to hang out with anymore. I was slightly offended on Sonny and Carly's behalf, lol.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Bishop said:

Even if people hated SBu or his character, when Jason Morgan walked into a room, you noticed him.  

I mean, I noticed that his shirt was too tight and wondered if he was uncomfortable in it. I also noticed bc he was on my screen way too much and I wanted him to exit stage left. 

I do miss SBu in some ways, though, but it's just the fact that he was on the show for so long and had relationships with the other actors. So he had more natural chemistry with them.

IMO, one reason Jason isn't connecting with other people is because he's rarely in scenes with other people. He's been stuck with Sam, Liz, and Franco for way too long. He has no scenes of any length with anyone else. As hilariously dumb as the Cassadine Island scenes were, at least they mixed Jason with other characters, and you could see the actors were enjoying it.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

IMO, one reason Jason isn't connecting with other people is because he's rarely in scenes with other people. He's been stuck with Sam, Liz, and Franco for way too long. He has no scenes of any length with anyone else. As hilariously dumb as the Cassadine Island scenes were, at least they mixed Jason with other characters, and you could see the actors were enjoying it.

He really has no scenes of length with anyone, not even Sam/Liz/Franco, TBH. Take Michael for example. All about 30 second scenes. Jason isn't having meaningful conversations with anyone but Sam, and even those are lacking bc it's all fluff now.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

He really has no scenes of length with anyone, not even Sam/Liz/Franco, TBH.

True. He has the most 30-second scenes with them, though. 

Nobody gets long scenes anymore. I wish TIIC would realize the audience can handle people talking for extended periods of time.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5