Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Someone should let Lulu know what his going on, it seems so stupid to stick 90 year old Audrey with full time care of two rowdy boys.

When Jake was going on towards the end about what would happen to all of them if Liz died, wouldn't Cameron and Aiden (if Jason didn't take them all in) go to their legal father Lucky? Or if not Lucky, someone in the Spencer family like Lulu or Laura?

(I'd feel very sorry for Laura getting stuck with raising three little boys, one of whom is Spencer. But on the plus side, Cam/Aiden would finally get some attention.)

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

This is the third year in a row Franco is crying over some woman basically saying, "no, NOW you're really the one who can love me."

At least he didn't propose to all of them. *GIGANTIC COUGH*

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Wait, what? I guess Griffin is not officially on Liz's case, since he changed into his clothes and went out for a stroll.

He was observing her surgery, and then his shift was over and he signed out. As a neurosurgeon, he shouldn't be operating on her spleen. For once, a plot point works in logic's favor. Heh.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Michel said:

No, Luke's pet name for Lulu was "Gumdrop."

He called her both Gumdrop and Cupcake. Poor Lulu didn't get a personalized nickname like Ethan and Lucky lol.

Oops I typed Gundrop at first. Appropriate for GH, I guess.

Giving Morgan bi-polar has done nothing but make every scene of Morgan's come to a stutter because everyone has to ask him a million questions over whether he took his pills and his moods and yadda yadda. I mean, he wasn't even invited to the Jasam wedding. His personal issues were enough to motivate him to do stupid things.

2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

At least he didn't propose to all of them. *GIGANTIC COUGH*

At least Gigantic Cough only had two women, and there were two years (I know, super long ;) ) between the proposals. Franco does this yearly!

• Love 4

What was Ethan's nickname? I don't think it's a big deal that Luke had a couple for lulu.scotty had a couple for Serena applesauce and pumpkin.Now that I think about it the only kid he had nicknames for lol.

Can they please do something else with lante this baby story is so insulting lol.

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

[Luke] called [Lulu] both Gumdrop and Cupcake.

I can deal with a father calling a daughter either of those more than I can friends, especially when it's not being used sarcastically.

3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

His personal issues were enough to motivate him to do stupid things.

I hate that BPD is used as a catch-all excuse for anything idiotic Morgan does. He's been a moron since BC took over. A mental illness didn't cause that. 

• Love 6

Wait, what? I guess Griffin is not officially on Liz's case, since he changed into his clothes

He told Franco that Dr Fields was operating assisted by Dr Ididntcatchthename, so I guess he wasn't the one in charge of her care.   

I get the whole, because of the blackout we can't use the blood we had in the fridge, explanation, but are there not other hospitals or clinics in the area that can send over some blood?  

I would have thought today, with all the Helena/Cassadine talk that Lulu would suddenly get her lightbulb moment, and go, 'oh right, this baby would be 50% Cassadine, why do I want it again?"

Was it just me or was Maxie more subdued (more Molly B like) in her scenes with Griffin?  

Am I the only one annoyed that other than Franco, no one else is at the hospital for Liz, but Hayden has her mother, Finn and Curtis all circling the wagons for her.  Oy vey.  

And what is this nonsense about not using the kids' blood because they're too young.  Cam's old enough that if given the choice between donating blood or his mother dying, I'm pretty sure he'd get it.   

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And speaking of not-so-subtle misogyny, while I'm not a Hayden fan, does Curtis have to call her Cupcake? They don't seem close enough for that sort of nickname.

No, they aren't. I would have a very hard time not smacking any male friend that patronized me with the term Cupcake.

Naomi on Liz's health, "because I'm not family the staff is not being very forthcoming". F off, show. You are openly taunting us. Griffin is keeping Franco up to date, and notifying the nurse to update Franco. He has qualms with breaking his priest oaths for Maxie but the ones he took as a doctor don't seem to matter.

I feel like I mention this every time Maxie is on and feel like a jerk for doing so. But her appearance is so jarring. What are the make up people doing to her face?

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

What was Ethan's nickname?

Dodge, for the Artful Dodger. *gags*

And what is this nonsense about not using the kids' blood because they're too young.  Cam's old enough that if given the choice between donating blood or his mother dying, I'm pretty sure he'd get it.

It's not nonsense. The Red Cross won't let anyone under 16 or 17 (depending on the blood product) donate. You have to weigh more than 110 pounds, as well, and younger kids won't easily meet that requirement.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, lovelynn said:

I feel like I mention this every time Maxie is on and feel like a jerk for doing so. But her appearance is so jarring. What are the make up people doing to her face?

I don't think it's the make-up people. Although, it does look like they smudged some black eye-liner underneath her eye, which, why, why would they do that?

5 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Am I the only one annoyed that other than Franco, no one else is at the hospital for Liz, but Hayden has her mother, Finn and Curtis all circling the wagons for her.  Oy vey.  

Yes, you're the only one. ;) It's definitely been noted, and it is indeed annoying.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

Liz is "dying" and Cam/Aiden are still in the closet. I hate this shows obsession with DNAJ. Why cant he go in the closet like every other soap kid. 

Day 251436456 of Franco be on. At this point I prefer Nina and Ava.

Meanwhile Sam completely disappeared from from her wedding day. 

• Love 8

It's not nonsense. The Red Cross won't let anyone under 16 or 17 (depending on the blood product) donate. You have to weigh more than 110 pounds, as well, and younger kids won't easily meet that requirement.

I did not know that, so thank you for that info.

It's interesting though because here, an 8 year old can give consent for surgery (which is way too young to me), but you can't donate blood until 16 in the States.  I wonder what the age is here.    

6 hours ago, coffee drinker said:

Meh, Sam could/should have kept her trap shut to begin with.  *Kayne shrug*

You're right, Sam never should have told Liz of all people that secret. She should have seen it coming that Liz would betray that confidence in a hot minute.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't have the energy to rant about Lulu wanting to go after the Stavros/Lulu e****. It's absurd. These writers just don't know the characters AT ALL.

I tried to imagine JMB playing these scenes and I cracked up laughing. The word 'absurd' is perfect for this mess. It's just amazing. And yea sure I can fanwank a reason why Dante isn't bringing up the fact that the embryo is half Stavros and made after he violated Lulu, but it's pretty clear it never even occurred to the writers that this whole thing is a joke. Unbelievable.

I still love the Hayden/Curtis friendship. I didn't mind the 'cupcake' simply because even though we barely see them I do believe Curtis really loves Hayden as friend so it didn't come off like it was too much or patronizing.

Maxie's smugness over Griffin is so annoying. It makes no fucking sense. STFU Maxie. And KSt looks bad again. I really do hope she's OK.

Valerie is insufferable. I am so sad they've attached Curtis, one of the few characters I still like, to her. Dammit!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Lillybee said:

Lulu, If you want to know about the underground labs at Cassidine Island, why not give Robin a call since she was imprisoned there for years?

She wasn't there - at first she was in Switzerland, then she was in NYC for a while, and then at the end I think she was on Cassadine Island? Or wait no she on Cassadine Island in 2013. But she traveled a lot. A cot, three hot meals a day and tons of traveling to glamorous locales! Robin had it all!

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Lulu, If you want to know about the underground labs at Cassidine Island, why not give Robin a call since she was imprisoned there for years?

I'm gonna need anyone who is attempting to call Robin to put the phone down right now.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I can fanwank a reason why Dante isn't bringing up the fact that the embryo is half Stavros and made after he violated Lulu

The only thing I can think is that Dante knows Lulu is so desperate to carry a baby to term that he's afraid she'll stab him if he mentions the reality of the embryo.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm gonna need anyone who is attempting to call Robin to put the phone down right now.

Yes, PLEASE keep her out of this mess. 

Also, Robert needs to scoop up Anna and get her the hell out of Port Charles so she can go regenerate her brain cells somewhere.    (I'm convinced the city is just one big carbon monoxide leak at this point, and everyone is getting brain damage).

I truly don't understand the Lulu stuff.  I thought she had a baby?!!   Does she really want two so badly she wants Stavros spawn??    After everything the Cassadines have done to the Spencers there is no way Lulu would want any connection to them. 

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 4

I can fanwank a reason why Dante isn't bringing up the fact that the embryo is half Stavros and made after he violated Lulu

Too bad Genie Francis is on break because I'd love to see Lulu float this idea in front of Laura and Laura lay the smackdown.  Both verbally and with her fists.

Even after the fact that this baby won't be her husbands, how is Lulu going to look her mother in the eyes after this? How is Laura supposed to be supportive of her daughter and happy about another grandchild knowing where he came from?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

And Nina's and everyone else's. 

Did Liz always have a rare blood type, or is it today's plot point?

Yes, Elizabeth donated blood to Sonny years ago when the show planned on making them siblings instead of Kung Fu Wannabe Barbie.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lillybee said:

Someone should let Lulu know what his going on, it seems so stupid to stick 90 year old Audrey with full time care of two rowdy boys.

Absolutely! Audrey is practically raising those boys, yet we never hear that Liz reciprocated with a dinner out with Audrey, or a senior cruise or day trip to a scenic area. Liz could at least visit and bring thoughtful little gifts, or ensure that Audrey is treated on her birthday. Liz is touted in public often as such a good and devoted mother. She does mention the boys, so we know they are in her thoughts, but does she go to their sports events, listen to their stories, etc. that often?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

I believe it is a plot point.

I don't have the energy to rant about Lulu wanting to go after the Stavros/Lulu e****. It's absurd. These writers just don't know the characters AT ALL.

Elizabeth and Sonny had the same rare blood when the show planned on making them siblings, before Kung Barbie was anointed with that task.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

It's hard to believe that the actress Hatechel/Rebecca weighs 110 pounds, yet they will all expect the character to donate if her blood is a match for Liz's.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Aww so now Franco and Hatechel /Rebecca are going to pull off a miracle and save Elizabeth's life with a blood transfusion. Kind of reminds me of the nick-of-time rescue when baddie Sonny got the bomb off the Haunted Star and saved the PC population. Franco will be saving a life instead of taking one! Franco will be worshipped anew by moppet Jake! Bonded in sisterly bliss, Hatechel and Liz will be besties. Rebecca Budig will be cemented firmly in the canvas. What unexpected developments!

Elizabeth's propping duties are now complete as Franco and HateChel will be the new romantic lead and heroine of the show.  FV needs go, now!

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, SlovakPrincess said:

I truly don't understand the Lulu stuff.  I thought she had a baby?!!   Does she really want two so badly she wants Stavros spawn??    After everything the Cassadines have done to the Spencers there is no way Lulu would want any connection to them. 

Plus, it's not like Nikolas is an example of Cassadine goodness anymore either.

• Love 4
Just now, Darklazr said:

Elizabeth's propping duties are now complete as Franco and HateChel will be the new romantic lead and heroine of the show.  FV needs go, now!

True! And besides Elizabeth's propping, other characters are being made to prop Franco and Hatechel individually, and are included only for their blood relationships or ties to either Franco or HateChel.

• Love 2

Has anyone ever looked less like a doctor than Curtis in his scuffed jeans and T-shirt? Wait til someone greets him in front of Valerie at the Floating Rib or the PCPD or the hospital as "Doctor". She will go ballistic.

And if Val doesn't out him, his own habit for using language-from-the-hood will.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
2 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Absolutely! Audrey is practically raising those boys, yet we never hear that Liz reciprocated with a dinner out with Audrey, or a senior cruise or day trip to a scenic area. Liz could at least visit and bring thoughtful little gifts, or ensure that Audrey is treated on her birthday. Liz is touted in public often as such a good and devoted mother. She does mention the boys, so we know they are in her thoughts, but does she go to their sports events, listen to their stories, etc. that often?

Shrug.   The show has refused for almost two decades to have permanent Hardy/Webber family members on the show that are not as boring AF (Sarah / Steven Lars) and that is not Elizabeth's fault.  The show could always recast Audrey since RA is retired, but they're obviously not interested.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Yes, Elizabeth donated blood to Sonny years ago when the show planned on making them siblings instead of Kung Fu Wannabe Barbie.

IIRC, they are both B Neg. The question is would Sonny donate to Liz?  If Jason had his complete memory, he should remember this.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 5

they are both B Neg. The question is would Sonny donate to Liz?

Wow, I can't decide if I want Hayden or Sonny to save Liz.  It's like asking if I want to listen to Nina or Spinelli for an hour.  

• Love 10

I can't believe they brought Robert back for this nonsense. Run, Scorpio, RUN!

Go away, Franco! Just go away!

STFU, Maxie! You've become so hateful. And when did she ever feel bad for Liz? "Oh no! Elizabeth!" GTFO! I can sound less fake than that. Also, leave Griffin alone, you sent him straight into Sonny's arms. WTF is wrong with you?!

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Wow, I can't decide if I want Hayden or Sonny to save Liz.  It's like asking if I want to listen to Nina or Spinelli for an hour.

OMG It would be just like this Show to make Sonny be the hero who saves Liz with his blood.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I can't believe they brought Robert back for this nonsense. Run, Scorpio, RUN!

Go away, Franco! Just go away!

STFU, Maxie! You've become so hateful. And when did she ever feel bad for Liz? "Oh no! Elizabeth!" GTFO! I can sound less fake than that. Also, leave Griffin alone, you sent him straight into Sonny's arms. WTF is wrong with you?!

Speaking of, what in the world is it that Griffin can only trust Sonny with?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I'd call bullshit on seeing Jason looking at his phone and seeing a caller ID picture coming up for anyone other than Sam (OK, or Carly, who probably put it in there for him).  

Lies. Jason keeps all his photos in a box. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Perkie said:

I'm sure Liz fans might be upset about it, but I'm not. There's the fact that Franco isn't the only one who has been there for Liz. Sabrina was there for her. Jake and Jason were there today for her. Besides, as Franco said today "everybody loves Liz." *rolls eyes* I don't need to see a parade of people weeping at her bedside. Besides how would she keep up her self-pitying cry of being the "town pariah" if too many people were visiting her.

Plus, I like Hayden so I don't begrudge her having two friends.

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I still love the Hayden/Curtis friendship. I didn't mind the 'cupcake' simply because even though we barely see them I do believe Curtis really loves Hayden as friend so it didn't come off like it was too much or patronizing.

Maxie's smugness over Griffin is so annoying. It makes no fucking sense. STFU Maxie. And KSt looks bad again. I really do hope she's OK.

Valerie is insufferable. I am so sad they've attached Curtis, one of the few characters I still like, to her. Dammit!

I didn't mind the "cupcake" nickname either. It seemed like a sweet term of endearment and I think they have earned it.

Ugh, Maxie seriously needs to shut up. I do think Griffin owed her an apology because he did lie to her, but considering her history she's one of the last people to be dressing someone down for their lies. Plus, she seems to be forgetting that he fiance SHOT Griffin. At this point, it is more than bygones between Nathan and Griffin.

Valerie still sucks. I laughed when she declared that as a cop she was trained to be objective as a cop, this two minutes after declaring Hayden guilty with very little evidence.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Originalroux said:

It's being a SISTER and that's what they do!!!

Assuming this is about the Liz/Hayden shitfest, it would likely be just a smidge less annoying had Rebecca Budig been playing Sarah Webber, Part 3. Instead, we get some out-of-thin-air sibling with no history, so why should anyone give a crap? Especially when the other sister, whom this should be about since she is an almost 20-year vet, is just a vessel for said plot-point sibling.

And this comes from a bonafide Liz disliker here. But even I can be a bit objective here!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Ugh, Maxie seriously needs to shut up. I do think Griffin owed her an apology because he did lie to her, but considering her history she's one of the last people to be dressing someone down for their lies. Plus, she seems to be forgetting that he fiance SHOT Griffin. At this point, it is more than bygones between Nathan and Griffin..

But what exactly did he lie to her about?  He didn't tell her about his past with Nathan and Claudette, but it's in the past, didn't involve her, it's not information she needed because Nathan told her, and it's not exactly like they're BFF.  And because of that, she thinks she has the right to ask him to get involved with Claudette?  Nooo.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

I believe it is a plot point.

What bothers me is that they could reach the same conclusion, but in a more believable way  - and without character assassination.  

How hard is this:  Realizing she's still traumatized by her kidnapping, freaked out by Olivia's claim that a baby girl is coming, and remembering how Britt stole her embryo, Lulu is horrified at the thought that this embryo might be implanted in someone and carried to birth.  Hoping to ease her fears, Dante privately discovers the embryo may not have been destroyed.  Then either Sam turns out to be carrying it, or a little girl shows up, and Dante is loving and understanding of Lulu's instinctive rejection of the child.  But with Dante's support, Lulu makes the right decision - whatever that ends up being.  I feel that would be more true to the characters  

5 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Aww so now Franco and Hatechel /Rebecca are going to pull off a miracle and save Elizabeth's life with a blood transfusion. Kind of reminds me of the nick-of-time rescue when baddie Sonny got the bomb off the Haunted Star and saved the PC population. Franco will be saving a life instead of taking one! Franco will be worshipped anew by moppet Jake! Bonded in sisterly bliss, Hatechel and Liz will be besties. Rebecca Budig will be cemented firmly in the canvas. What unexpected developments!

I'm embarrassed by how slow I was to pick up on this.  My immediate thought was Jake would need to donate the blood, and Jason would refuse.  There was a huge story twenty or so years ago where a re-married man needed bone marrow from his older children to save the child of his new marriage, and the mother refused.  But of course, Elizabeth's story is more about Hayden and Franco.

• Love 5

Y'all need to stop putting such a stupid ass story out there that Sam is carrying Lulu's embryo, shyt is stupid. Sam is already stuck in her boring plot point story(whatever that is)don't feed the idea of putting her in Lante's repetitive,baby, boring, annoying, embryo story. 

Disclaimer: Not saying anyone is stupid just that the embryo story is. 

• Love 5

Heh. You guys bringing up "Kung fu Barbie" reminded me she was dead and I smiled. Thanks for that.

So reading all this...still not inclined to come back to the show. Sigh. even with RFS making an appearance.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, MissL said:

So reading all this...still not inclined to come back to the show. Sigh. even with RFS making an appearance.

Robert Scorpio being wasted on Lulu's latest bout of baby rabies annoys me to no end.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Robert Scorpio being wasted on Lulu's latest bout of baby rabies annoys me to no end.

I agree, but was impressed with what Lulu said during the discussion. (Paraphrasing): She admitted that she realizes not all dreams can come true. I took this admission to mean that Lulu might be maturing at last.