Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, ulkis said:

I was irritated the scene was about Luke.

Any reference to Luke burns me up. If TG has retired and left the PC scene, why is the Show even bringing him up? The only reason I can think of is that they are planning to recast the character.

• Love 1

If I just glance at the TV when Joss is on, I always think it's Lulu. She's annoying me like Lulu, too. Stop meddling iin your brother's love life. I thought it was creepy when Kristina and Morgan were sharing details of their love lives, and it's weird how invested Joss is in hooking Michael up with a stranger. I know she has to act this way because this storyline is stupid and contrived, but it's annoying. Why can't any relationship on this show grow organically? Kiki and Dillon were heading that way, so of course the show put her back with Morgan. I'm so tired of their sex scenes.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bishop said:

As for Lucy Coe, I don't want her anywhere near my Kevin Collins.  Doc and Lucy are long since over, and Lucy proved again today why she's too immature for Kevin.  She's impetuous and reckless and Kevin is looking for a true romance with someone who doesn't want all the drama.  I think Jon and Genie have wonderful chemistry, and frankly, so does Kin and Lynn.  Those two couples work out just fine in that order.  Lucy can be jealous all she wants, but SHE is the one that broke Kevin's heart.  She doesn't deserve him - and she's still sleeping with Scotty.

It's interesting that, while I am #teamlucyndoc4eva!, I do also like Lucy and Scotty, and I've been liking the developing romance between Kevin and Laura.  A triangle slash quad where I don't want to flick someone in the head is rather refreshing.

Also, I totally agree that this is a status quo completely of Lucy's own making, but like I said earlier, Lucy being worried and wanting to check on him got me right in the feels.  And her again trying to swallow the use of his Doc nickname?  Awww, Lucy.

Should I even bother wondering if Lucy and/or Kevin will mention letting their girls know he's okay?  Yeah, probably shouldn't hold my breath.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Lucy is always getting airtime crumbs, that has to wait until tomorrow.  But plenty of time for Dr. Michael Easton and Rebecca Budig, though! #eyeroll

I really want to like Nelle because I like Chloe Lanier, but I'm not a fan of the "How DARE you ask me to prove the sketchy medical situation I described really happened!" attitude.

When Dr. Michael Easton started talking about his dead wife, my brain shut down to protect itself.

Who do have to pay to make the Morgs/Keeks sex scenes stop?

Give that post and poster a ratings' month of coupons to Sonny's coffee kiosk, front-row tickets to Spencer's Shakespearean debut, and a glass of Bobbie's birthday bubbly!

• Isn't Rebecca Budig supposed to be poor and fundless? How did she vacation anywhere without diamond residue support? Maybe she sold some mansion furnishings to get some cash.
  • Nelle is surely a con-artist if she appears on the scene with a sob story of that ilk but refuses medical tests. To keep the false replies down, Crimson should have included the test caveat in its advertisement.
  • Why couldn't we see a scene where a martini-smashed Ava tracks down Morgs/Keeks naked in bed with their Chinese food and offers to share fortune cookies?
31 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Any reference to Luke burns me up. If TG has retired and left the PC scene, why is the Show even bringing him up? The only reason I can think of is that they are planning to recast the character.

The people behind the scenes on this show seem to have epic levels of don't care and/or stupidity lately, but I would be shocked if even they would recast Luke Spencer.  The only thing more shocking to me would be if they called Sonny Corinthos a bad guy.

However, I wouldn't put it past them to recast Laura.

Okay, I've been watching this show for a very long time, though quit for a huge swath of the "Sonny/Carly/Jason are gods" years, so... I know who Serena is, but who is Christina?  Kevin and Lucy's biological daughter?

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Okay, I've been watching this show for a very long time, though quit for a huge swath of the "Sonny/Carly/Jason are gods" years, so... I know who Serena is, but who is Christina?  Kevin and Lucy's biological daughter?

She's Lucy's (and Scotty's) adopted daughter from "Port Charles".  Kevin got married to Lucy right when, long story short (too late), Christina was returned after being kidnapped by her biological mother, and he was her stepfather for a good chunk of "Port Charles", and, I believe, off-screen before Kevin and Lucy returned to "General Hospital" in late 2012/early 2013.

I don't think Christina was ever mentioned by name, but I do think she was alluded to early on.  Didn't Kevin say something about having to leave Lucy to protect the girls when he and Lucy first saw each other during the vampire storyline?  

ETA...found the clip I was thinking of.  Kevin says repeatedly he doesn't have "a daughter named Livvie" and then he says he had to leave Lucy before her behavior re: the vampires "caused permanent damage to the children".  There might have been more similar allusions, this was the one I remembered.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, I totally agree that this is a status quo completely of Lucy's own making, but like I said earlier, Lucy being worried and wanting to check on him got me right in the feels.  And her again trying to swallow the use of his Doc nickname?  Awww, Lucy.

LH does such a good job showing that Lucy knows it's her fault she and Kevin aren't together any longer but she can't help still having feelings for him.

• Love 6

Loved the lightness of the Ava/Scott/Lucy scenes and then the Ava/Scott talk. I know people will say Ava and Nik only knew each other for two weeks, but under those intense circumstances, I can understand what she's saying. People make friends for life at summer camp, that kind of thing. But anyway, the only thing I wish is that we could have actually seen the hookup between Scott and Lucy. God forbid they show them getting it on again. Instead, we get Morki. GROSS.

I need Ava to use that gun in the previews on Morgan. His entire relationship with Kiki is literally the stupidest thing ever, and yet him marrying her would be even more stupid. Ugh, he's such a dumbass.

Nelle: What if I'm not the donor? Me: Be grateful as hell that you would have nothing to do with this family.

IR must have been bored stiff to come back and say the same two lines over and over ad nauseum.

The Hayden/Finn stuff was incredibly boring.

Why were Joss and Nelle wearing the exact same color shirt? And what the hell, it's GIF, with a G, not the peanut butter, idiots.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Because I'm an idiot, I keep having the same brain fart whenever I see 'Christina', and think, "That's wrong. It's spelled with a K." Then I realize someone else's Girl Chid is being talked about.

• Love 2

I'm confused.  Are they saying the transplant was in 2011?  And Joss was an infant?  Surely they realize that doesn't work  

Sam - If you've had surgery for infertility, successfully give birth to a healthy child, and have unprotected sex ....... getting pregnant isn't a miracle.  It's the consequence of not using birth control. 

12 hours ago, Syndicate said:

I like the idea of Nelle and Michael being fraternal twins, actually, but I'd hope that AJ was her father and not Sonny. If I recall, Carly was sleeping with Sonny while also sleeping with AJ during the time Michael was conceived. I've read that twins can be fathered by two different men, so there's that.

On OLTL, Vicki's daughters Jessica and Natalie were fraternal twins with different fathers.  I think one was fathered by Vicki's husband, and the other fathered by her rapist.  To add to the drama, Vicki didn't know she had twins until grown up Natslie showed up to wreak havoc. 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Loved the lightness of the Ava/Scott/Lucy scenes and then the Ava/Scott talk. I know people will say Ava and Nik only knew each other for two weeks, but under those intense circumstances, I can understand what she's saying. People make friends for life at summer camp, that kind of thing. But anyway, the only thing I wish is that we could have actually seen the hookup between Scott and Lucy. God forbid they show them getting it on again. Instead, we get Morki. GROSS.

Heck I would have settled on seeing them getting drunk and talking about the past lol.They waste so much time on the ridclous that is Kiki and Morgan.

• Love 4

I have loved seeing more of Lucy, Scott and Tracy. They need actual storylines though.

Jason and Sam might have malaria. One of the symptoms is lethargy. There are, like, millions of jokes that can be made here. 

I loved Finn and Hayden today. Can I get a Finn/Hayden/Nik/Ava quad? 

Franco's painting of Liz looked nothing like her.

• Love 1

Who do have to pay to make the Morgs/Keeks sex scenes stop?

Unfortunate, but at least it gets Kiki out of those awful striped coveralls that she's been wearing all monthday.  

1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm confused.  Are they saying the transplant was in 2011?  And Joss was an infant?  Surely they realize that doesn't work

Jake was 4 years old when he was "killed" and his kidney was allegedly donated to Joss.  Joss was an infant at the time.  Today Jake is 9 yrs old and Joss looks to be 14-15 yrs old.  So it is a confusing side effect of SORASing.  Mr. Moving is new to watching soaps and he gets so confused by SORASing, wormholes where characters are in China one minute and the next in Port Charles, etc., because he attempts to apply logic to these "soap realities".  At least once a week he gets caught up in trying to make sense of these things and I have to talk him down and remind him that soaps are not logical and to just go with it.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

On OLTL, Vicki's daughters Jessica and Natalie were fraternal twins with different fathers.  I think one was fathered by Vicki's husband, and the other fathered by her rapist.  To add to the drama, Vicki didn't know she had twins until grown up Natslie showed up to wreak havoc.

Twins can have different fathers, but on OLTL, they did reveal before the show ended that both girls were actually fathered by Clint.  On GH, should Nelle turn out to be Michael's twin, I'm hoping A.J. is the father and she wants revenge!  Somebody on this show has got to hate Sonny and Carly, and do something about it.

Thanks, TeeVee329!  Now I understand why folks refer to Christina's father as Kevin, but her last name is Baldwin.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 2

STFU Nelle. Her attitude is unnecessary and she needs to be slapped. 

Confused as to why Ava felt so betrayed by Scott and Lucy hooking up. Last time I checked she and Scott were only casual friends at the most. And LOL at her calling someone else self absorbed. 

Not interested in this repetitive bullshit with Morgan/Ava/Kiki. 

• Love 3

STFU Nelle. Her attitude is unnecessary and she needs to be slapped. 

Anytime anyone says anything negative or negatively in the presence of Sonny and Carly - earns a huge W.  I am already enjoying Michael and Nelle ten times more than Kiki/Morgan.  In the brief time that I have my finger on the fast-forward button for the Kiki/Morgan and Sabrina scenes, I wonder what debts FV was settling when these actors were cast. 

Maura West is much more enjoyable to watch when she is not sharing scenes with either Sonny or Morgan Corinthos. 

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 7
45 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Argh, that drove me nuts because two seconds before she was all offended she had to submit to tests to see if she were.

I don't understand why she thought she could just show up and claim to be the donor and that Carly wouldn't want her to be tested. She herself said that she doesn't know for sure if she is or not. 

And I'm still amazed that Liez is more concerned with constantly bitching at Hayden or hanging out with Freako than she is with finding out what happened to her son. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I really want to like Nelle because I like Chloe Lanier, but I'm not a fan of the "How DARE you ask me to prove the sketchy medical situation I described really happened!" attitude.

Actually, she was so low key,  missed that she balked at doing the tests. I'm too much tuned into Finn's Turn-Down-The-Volume-Control Outrage when someone asks if he has Grey Poupon.

13 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Nelle is surely a con-artist if she appears on the scene with a sob story of that ilk but refuses medical tests. To keep the false replies down, Crimson should have included the test caveat in its advertisement.

That's why they had DayPlayer Grifter appear before Nelle. She had all her medical records, but Carly called her as a fake and paid her off to go away. Nelle did the exact opposite -- didn't ask for money but didn't provide proof -- therefore, she is the donor.

BTW, why did she need Michael's address to return the money? Don't people deal with cash? Unless it's to return the money to Michael's home when she returned, therefore her altruism provided her veracity.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

BTW, why did she need Michael's address to return the money? Don't people deal with cash? Unless it's to return the money to Michael's home when she returned, therefore her altruism provided her veracity.

I thought that Nell's immediate request for a loan from Michael was a tipoff that she is a grifter who is testing the waters to see how much money she can get out of these people and how fast. She may even repay the money by mail to his address, but it will be a false trail or reassurance so she can hook him for a greater amount later as they bond. Nell's reaction at their request for testing was so transparent. She has a cold-blooded side, but they are all too sentimental and sure of themselves to distrust a little blond thing like her who could never be teh evul (/sarcasm).

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
pasted wrong topic
  • Love 1

I still think that if Lulu is so worried that the skeleton in the corridor was Luke's, she should have looked around the head to see if it had white Q-tips of hair sticking up. The jewelry is so utterly circumstantial as evidence of Luke's demise. Luke could have traded it to the person for food or information, or it could have been stolen, etc.

28 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I don't understand why she thought she could just show up and claim to be the donor and that Carly wouldn't want her to be tested. She herself said that she doesn't know for sure if she is or not. 

I KNOW. I wrote this exact thing yesterday. How many people wrote the dialogue for Nelle yesterday?

• Love 3

Two more little observations about the Lucy/Scotty/Ava stuff...

1) Is this the first time Ava and Lucy have interacted?  If so, I'm surprised there wasn't a little mention of Lucy having incited Ava's father to kill himself by choking on that necklace or whatever.

2) Is Ava - someone who had grief sex IN A CRYPT and who keeps a kinky sex tape in her martini shaker - really the one to shade someone on their sexytime antics?

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

2) Is Ava - someone who had grief sex IN A CRYPT and who keeps a kinky sex tape in her martini shaker - really the one to shade someone on their sexytime antics?

I'm no Ava apologist, but her apartment was a wreck. I'd be angry, too, no matter how it got that way.

• Love 4

I get being mad about the apartment being trashed, but there seemed to be some pearl clutching about Scotty and Lucy forgetting their cares through sex and...yeah, no.  But who knows, Ava was written kinda all over the place in those scenes.

Also, I'm not sure I mentioned this, but I loooove how completely over Morgan's shit she is, bless her heart.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I get being mad about the apartment being trashed, but there seemed to be some pearl clutching about Scotty and Lucy forgetting their cares through sex and...yeah, no.  But who knows, Ava was written kinda all over the place in those scenes.

If Ava were upset because Scott was having sex in her apartment - especially with someone she doesn't even know - that would be one thing, but she seemed upset for a different reason. Didn't she say something about feeling betrayed or hurt or something like that? Were she and Scott in an offscreen relationship?

Edited by LeftPhalange
20 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I loooove how completely over Morgan's shit she is, bless her heart.

I got the feeling that if Morgan made the right overtures, they'd be boning again in no time. Ava's taste in men is...questionable at best.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

If Ava were upset because Scott was having sex in her apartment - especially with someone she doesn't even know - that would be one thing, but she seemed upset for a different reason. Didn't she say something about feeling betrayed or hurt or something like that? Were she and Scott in an offscreen relationship?

Yeah thatI was confused about that.She talked about how Scotty crossed her.I mean if that was about her apartment that was a little dramtic.I mean I guess she could be upset because Lucy sorta killed her father but still that was so confusing.

Ava was rightfully pissed off that after escaping death a few times , she had to come home to her apartment being completely trashed and Scotty and Lucy's bodily fluids all over everything. It's HER apartment. She doesn't need to justify it.  And Scotty and Lucy being so casual and no big deal and unapologetic to her probably didn't help. Which I didn't mind because it was them, but I don't understand why people have a hard time understanding why she's ticked. She was going to call the police, it was that ransacked.

• Love 3

It seemed like Ava was mad about, like, six different things during those scenes, which I'm pegging on the writing.  Like I said earlier, Ava was all over the place, even if Maura West played all the different notes well.

• Love 2

Why are Sam and Liz having this big discussion like they are friends? Why in the world would Sam tell Liz, of all people, about her pregnancy before she told Jason?

Liz talking about her ethical boundaries as a nurse with a straight face was hilarious. It's not like those pesky ethics have ever stopped her before.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 4

I'm sorry, but if they wanted Nik to look like a hero they probably should've chosen someone other than Ava for him to save. Because every time someone mentions it, I remember that was no reason for her to even be there

• Love 5

My daughter and I decided to go to the grocery store at 1 (when GH airs in New Orleans). Did we miss anything good? Did we miss anything that sucked enough to be mildly amusing? Or, did it just suck and we missed nothing at all?

Was that Franco in the previews whining again about how people treat him like a serial killer just because he spent several decades gleefully serial killing random people and then settled down in a town full of people that he hurt and terrorized?

• Love 14